9 cell battery performanc​e on Thinkpad T410

I have just bought new ThinkPad T410 with 9 Cell Lithium-Ion
Power 94 Watts/55++. This battery is advivertised to run for 18 hours, but to my laptop it runs for about 6 hours on a single charge for normal use. what is wrong with my loptop because it has failed to meet my expectationns of all day Computing on a single charge. 
this laptop is has 4gb of ram and windows 7 professional 64 bits and is about one week since I bought it. any advice to increase battery performance

the 18 hrs figure require another 9 cells battery slice. Although it is up to, and the manufacturer's battery figure are at most time too idealised.
Regards,
Jin Li
May this year, be the year of 'DO'!
I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft

Similar Messages

• Do all T410s ThinkPads come with a 6-cell battery that sticks out ?

I remember reading somewhere that the 6-cell battery sticks out the side of the T410s making it awkward in appearance and in handling.  Is that still true?  If so, do they have something like a 4-cell that stays flush with the chassis?  I could not find this as an option during the online configuration nor is it listed as an an available accessory for the T410s.
    ~Paul
    Lenovo ThinkPad T410s - 2901CTO
    IBM ThinkPad T41p - 2373GGU
    Solved!
    Go to Solution.

My T410 has a 4-cell and is flush.  I think it was the default on the configurator I used, or at least it was an obvious option, because I didn't have to search for it.  I don't know if the 6-cell sticks out or not.
    I ordered using the "employee" (retired) system in the US at the end of March.  Don't know if that is relevant or not.  I'd try calling sales if you decide you want one.
    Good luck,
    Dan

• Thinkpad T510 6-Cell vs. 9-Cell Battery

For a Thinkpad T510 with 128gb SSD, i5-540 processor, nvidia 3100m 512 mb discrete graphics, and 4 gb RAM, does a 6-cell battery cut it? How much time should I expect with a 6-cell and with a 9-cell battery? Also, by how much does the 9-cell protrude past the back of the laptop?

I have a 6 cell with my T510 and I'd say for normal usage (browsing internet on youtube, watching some news clips, reading email, surfing the net and stuff) the usual time I get on performance setting is around 2 hours.  If intend to take this out and use it for a day, 2 hours certainly won't cut it. 

• (SOLVED) Thinkpad T410 and 3G internet

This post may reflect my lack of experience with notbooks, but I have a question regarding my brand new Thinkpad T410. I didn't choose the notebook myself, it was given to me through my employer. Naturally all administrator privileges are non-existing, so I have to rely on my company's "technical support" for any changes to the software.
    Now, if I'm not mistaken this computer should be ready for a sim-card and 3G internet connection (That's WWAN, right?). Model is 2522-WTX. Now, in device manager, I cannot find anything regarding a WWAN module, allthough there is a SIM-card slot under the battery.
    I have allready called for my employers support department to help me out, but I know that they just started buying the Lenovo computers, and they don't have that much experience setting them up. So I'm trying to help them out by figuring out what needs to be done. From what I have read so far, installing drivers for this module should activate it. I don't know if the "Access Connection" tool is strictly needed. However, on Lenovo's  drivers download page there are too many choices for driver download:
    1) HUAWEI EM660 Wireless WAN
    2) HUAWEI EM660 Wireless WAN firmware
    3) Leadcore 5730D Wireless WAN
    4) Thinkpad Wireless WAN (UNDP) - Boot Code Update Utility
    5) Thinkpad Wireless WAN (UNDP) - Qualcomm Gobi2000
    Do I need all of them? Some? Which ones? Should I be good to go only with the drivers, or is Access Connection needed (I'm running Windows 7)? Is any SIM-card valid, or are there any ISP-related limits I need to know of (currently my mobile internet provider is Netcom, Norway).
    I hope that some of you are capable of helping me out, thanks in advance!
    Solved!
    Go to Solution.

Sprucemoose wrote:
    Thanks for all answers. To get to the bottom of whether I do have the 3G-card installed, I opened up the hatch underneath the laptop. There it is, as someone said, it is the Qualcomm Gobi2000 card. Antenna wires connected.
    So, I browsed through the device manager again. It seems that I hadn't looked at the right places. I had looked at "Modems" and "Network cards". But in the "Ports (COM and LPT)" category, it is listed as "Qualcomm Gobi 2000 HS-USB QDLoader9204 (COM5). No exclamation point either. When going to properties, the driver date is 12. jan 2010. Driver version 2.0.7.1. Port  settings are: bps: 9600. Databits:8. Parity: None. Stopbits:1. Flow control: None.
    But how do I use it? Fn+F5 doesn't seem to do much (should it?). I can't find any way of accessing it through the regular windows 7 Network and Sharing Center. As I wrote in my first post, I have no administration rights, so installing additional software needs to be done by my company's tech guy. Is there any way I should be able to connect through 3G without eiter 3rd party or Lenovo software? Any BIOS-setting that needs to be altered?
    PS: I also have none of the Lenovo software preinstalled (Lenovo system update, toolbox etc.). This computer is almost completely stripped :-(
    The Qualcomm device on COM5 is the GPS serial interface, the 3G card should be listed under Network Adapters. Once the card is working you should be able to select your provider from inside of access connections to connect.

• Possible defective X240 3-cell battery. Help me diagnose!

I bought an X240 about 2 weeks ago and things are running fine.  It came with the large 6-cell battery.  Last week, I purchased a genuine Lenovo 3-cell battery from a third-party reseller.  I plugged it in this morning for the first time, and it seems to be defective.  Please see the screenshots below.
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6625784/battery_error.jpg -- this error message popped up when I first booted the computer after putting the new battery in the computer.
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6625784/battery_error2.jpg -- this is what the Lenovo diagnostics software shows.
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6625784/battery_error3.jpg -- this is what the Windows 8.1 system tray icon shows.
    And here are two pictures of the battery itself:  https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6625784/battery1.jpg  https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6625784/battery2.jpg  --- It is FRU 45N1125, which is the correct model for the ThinkPad X240, as far as I can tell.
    I have removed and re-inserted the battery several times, so I am confident that the battery is installed correctly.  I also shut the computer down and plugged the power cord in for about an hour to see if it would charge while the computer was off, and it did not--it remained at 0% even after charging for an hour.
    This appears to me to be a defective battery, but if anybody has any other ideas, please share them and I will test.  Thank you!

If you let the internal battery charge to 100%, will the removable battery start to charge at that point?
    I know you said you let it charge for an hour but your screenshot showed the internal battery at 54% and charging.  ThinkPad can only charge one battery at a time, so the removable battery won't charge until the internal battery stops charging.  
    If the internal battery gets to 100% and still the removable battery won't take a charge, then it is very likely defective.

• T450s: missing 6-cell battery option in the configurat​or

Dear all,
    now that the hardware trackpoints buttons are back it's time to buy a new thinkpad!
    I'm configuring a T450s on shop.lenovo.com, but I noticed that the 6-cell battery option is missing. The only option that appears is:
    ThinkPad Battery 3 cell Li-Polymer (23.2Whr) Rear
    but I'd like to have the big one.
    What am I missing?
    Thanks!

JNavas wrote:
    cavolaccio wrote:
    now that the hardware trackpoints buttons are back it's time to buy a new thinkpad!
    I'm configuring a T450s on shop.lenovo.com, but I noticed that the 6-cell battery option is missing. The only option that appears is:
    ThinkPad Battery 3 cell Li-Polymer (23.2Whr) Rear
    but I'd like to have the big one.
    What am I missing?
    Same battery (0C52862) as T440, T440s, T450, available here.
    There's a big bulge on the bottom for the additional capacity.
    UPDATE: ThinkPad Battery 68+ (6 cell) is available during checkout in the Accessories section.
    Hope that helps,
    John
    ThinkPad T450s [ i7-5600U | 8GB | 1TB SSD | Full HD IPS | 802.11ac | BT | Webcam | FR | Win8.1Pro64 ]

• 6 Cell or 9 Cell Battery !!

Hi I wanted a 6 cell or 9 cell battery for Paivilion N037tx NoteBook location Pakistan help me to purchase a battery if its available in my country ?<script charset="UTF-8" type="application/javascript" src="chrome://hdv/content/hdv.js"></script>

Yes.
    Per the Lenovo web site, for each battery, "Its compatible design allows it to be in the system when the system is connected to ThinkPad X200 UltraBase."
    Message Edited by bananaman on 10-11-2008 09:30 PM
    I don't work for Lenovo. I'm a crazy volunteer!

• ThinkPad T410 OR ThinkPad T400

Dear all appreciate your comments which is better?
    ThinkPad T410, Model 2537CTO
    Intel® Core™ i5-520M Processor (2.40GHz, 3MB L3, 1066MHz FSB)
    1x2 GB PC3-8500 DDR3 SDRAM 1067MHz SODIMM Memory
    320GB, 7200rpm HDD SATA throughput 3.0GB/s
    14.1" 1280x800 WXGA TFT with LED Backlight
    NVidia NVS Switchable Graphics 256MB
    DVD-RW Multiburner
    Intel® Centrino Advanced-N 6200 agn WiFi with AMT/vPro
    Bluetooth
    56k Modem,
    1Gbit LAN,
    3G WWAN Ready (Antenna and Sim-Card reader installed but without 3G-module
    UltraNav (Multitouch Trackpoint and Touchpad)
    TPM Security Chip
    Fingerprint Reader
    Camera
    6c Li-Ion battery
    Windows 7 Professional 32 license, WinXP installed
    3 years On-Site Warranty NBD
    OR
    ThinkPad T400, Model 2768CTO
    Core2Duo P8600(2.40GHz/1066MHZ/3M),
    1x2GB PC3-8500 DDR3 SDRAM 1067MHz SODIMM Memory,
    160GB 7200rpm HD,  throughput 1.5GB/s
    14.1" 1280x800 WXGA LCD,
    256MB ATIRadeon 3470HD Hybrid Graphics
    DVD-RW Multiburner
    Intel 5100 802.11agn WIFI,
    Bluetooth
    56k Modem,
    1Gbit LAN,
    UltraNav (Trackpoint and Touchpad)
    TPM Security Chip
    Fingerprint Reader
    Camera
    6c Li-Ion battery
    Windows Vista Business 32
    3 years On-Site Warranty NBD

Spearoid wrote:
    I didn't realize until after the purchase that the ultrabay battery doesn't exist for the T410, which sucks. I do like the layout of the keyboard, speakers, special buttons, and fingerprint scanner better on the T410. The keyboard currently has a flaw that another thread points out. the biggest complaint on my T410 (other than the keyboard issue) is the thickness.  Anyway, now these T Thinkpads are fat beasts....and I just have to live with it....or you can pay more for less performance and hard drive storage on the T410s if you want to go back to the thinness. 
    About the ultra-bay battery issue for anyone whom is considering a T410 and needs the ultra-bay battery: consider up-sizing slightly to a T510, since it does support an ultra-bay battery.
    About the keyboard issue: Lenovo released a firmware update to fix this a few days ago and it should no longer be an issue
    About the thickness and weight: it's funny, I guess it's all a matter of perspective.  My previous laptop was a 3.3 year old Toshiba Qosmio G30, with a 17" 16:10 screen, and it's noticeably much larger in all dimensions and at least 1.5x the weight of my T510 (which is larger and heavier than your T410!).  I was literally shocked at how compact and light my T510 is when I unpacked it, and I'm still impressed with its size and weight vs performance.  No regrets for me in that category.  I just thought I'd throw a bit of the opposite perspective out there for other potential buyers.  Now if only they'd release the keyboard bios fix for my T510....
    DOGG wrote:
    Spearoid,
    I also have a T400 and have upgrading to the T410 for the newer processor and the new keyboard.  However, I heard that the release for the ultrabay was UNDER the Thinkpad on the bottom side, vs. on the side.  Is this true?
    Yes this is true.  The slider to release the item in the bay is on the underside of the laptop.  Still trying to figure out why this would be a big issue for anyone, but maybe that's just me.  I've never had a ThinkPad before (nor any laptop with an ultra-bay-like feature) so maybe I just don't realize what I'm missing. 
    ThinkPad T510 : i5-540M : 8GB PC-10600 : 500GB 7200rpm : 15.6" HD+ : Intel 6300 : Win7 Pro 64 : 9Cell
    Ordered 2/Feb/2010 : Shipped 22/Feb/2010 : Received 3/Mar/2010

• S12 first impressions - and 3-cell battery question

Hello all,
    I received my Lenovo S12 yesterday - it is replacing a 5 year old Dell 700m.  
    I didn't even boot Windows, but instead directly installed Ubuntu 9.04.  So far everything is working great!
    My only complaint so far is, of course, the lack of trackpoint.  I know it is an IdeaPad, but I still don't understand why Lenovo doesn't put trackpoint on their Netbooks! It would be a major differentiator in a competitive market.
    I really, really want to get a 3-cell battery.  The 6-cell will be great for travelling, but around the house, I would prefer it to be lighter/slimmer.
    I can't find 3 cell black batteries for the S series ANYWHERE.  Is this just a temporary situation?  Anyone want to sell me theirs?
    xnappo
    [EDIT] I found this battery:
    3-Cell???
    Will that work?
    Message Edited by xnappo on 07-11-2009 07:52 AM

Yea, 3 cell is definitely better for daily use. Can you use S10's 3 cell on S12?
    lol my old dell 600m is still there, alive, but I have replaced the hard drive twice and motherboard once. All covered in the warranty.
    Thinkpad T60 widescreen + Idealcentre K300 + S10e.

• Power Manager only charges 8-cell battery upto 36%

This problem is about to drive me insane.
    It's new thinkpad X200 tablet and new 8-cell battery, only having 4 charge-cycle count.
    I've just discoveried this problem when I upgraded to Windows 7 Pro and updated Power manager to V3.05 of my X200 tablet, but since it's on AC power most of time and I've set battery charging only starts when level below 5% and stop at 100%, therefore my battery only being recharged once or twice a week, but whenever it charges from 5%, it will just stop at 36% and display "charging will start when below 5%", so I will have to change the option in "battery maintaince" in Power manager to "alway fully charge" to have the battery 100% charged. But, I don't really want to choose the alway-fully-charge option torepeatly recharge the battery at near 100% since I have only a few occasion during the day where I need to rely solely on the battery, which only consume it down to ~90%.
    I'm not sure whether the problem is due to the new version of power manager which regard my 8-cell battery as 4-cell?( logically, then it should stop at 50%, right?).
    The battery once did charge on the ultrabase, but I can't remember if that was the time when the problem started.
    Full Specification:
    Thinkpad X200 Tablet, 7450-AM7
    SL9400(1.86GHz), 2GB RAM, 160GB 7200rpm HD, 12.1in 1280x800 LCD Touchscreen, Intel X4500HD, Intel 802.11agn wireless, WWAN upgradeable, Bluetooth, Modem, 1Gb Ethernet, Secure chip, Fingerprint reader, 8c Li-Ion
    Thinkpad Power Manager V3.05
    Thinkpad Power Management Driver V1.55

Looks like the bios update is now posted. Please try it.
    http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-70651

• What is the model number of 9 cell battery - Satellite Pro A300

What is the model number of the 9 cell battery for the Satellite Pro A300? I am ready to make the jump, but I can't find the battery.
    thanks
    jb

Hi!
    The part number should be PA3537U-1BRS
    But on the Toshiba website you can for options and accessories and there you can also find the part number:
    http://eu.computers.toshiba-europe.com => Peripherals & Services => PC Options & Accessories => Homepage
    Bye

• Need help with choosing a 6 cell and 9 cell battery (mo06, mo09)

Hey hi all,
    I have a pavilion m6 series notebook which comes with mo06(6 cell) battery by default.
    I need to replace the battery with a new one and I've come across a mo09 (9 cell) battery with the same price as that of mo06.
    I've no idea if mo09 batteries can be used instead of mo06.
    If anyone who knows anything about this please help me choose.
    Here's the link
    http://hpshopping.in/Accessories/Batteries
    Thanks a lot in advance

Hi
    Sorry was the delay wanted to make sure the battery should work fine for your unit.
    672412-001  SPS-BATT 9C 100WHr 3.0AH LI MO09100-CL  
    Let us know how it goes!
    "I work for HP."
    ****Click the (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post) to say thanks****
    ****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
    Regards
    Manjunath

• Lenovo Thinkpad T410 got errors with Fingerprint sensor device! So frustrating!

I have just bought a new Lenovo Thinkpad T410 2518-FAA from one of main agencies of Lenovo in my country. The new-buy laptop was said to be totally new, i.e. it was not a re-furbished, and I actually checked for manything to confirm the real status of this laptop. However, when I bought it back to my house, a serious problem appeared. At the laptop store, I did not have enough time to check the Fingerprint device, thus I skipped to check it. When I came back home, the Fingerprint sensor error of this new-buy laptop completely drived me crazy!!! I installed the Fingerprint software of Lenovo, but this software continuously reported errors: "Can not enroll users, can not update passport, and can not find fingerprint sensor device." I have tried uninstalled and reinstalled this software many times, and already checked for the latest version of this software, it was Thinkvantage Fingerprint sofware 5.9.3 for Win 7-32 bit. My operation system is Win 7-32 bit. But these errors still appeared again and again. I already checked the status of TouchChip Fingerprint Coprocessor in Biometric Devices, uninstalled then re-installled this device, and it showed that this device was working properly and up-to-date, and I already unchecked the option "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power", but all of my efforts was in vain!!! These errors still appeared and it drives me crazy! Up to now I had been unable to enroll my fingerprint to set up the fingerprint reader! These 3 errors just kept prompting in front of my eyes! Another problem is that the laptop can transfer files to my Nokia E51 mobile via Bluetooth, but I could not make the reverse transfer for a file from this mobile to laptop! Oh, I am very disappointed about Lenovo now! Inside the manufacture box that carried the laptop, there are just some instruction guides without any installation CD for installing Thinkvantage softwares... I had to go to the website of Lenovo and find a bunch of links of softwares that I tried many times but I still did not know how to donwload... I had to donwload the Thinkvantage Fingerprint software from another website... Please help me, guys! Did you encounter the same problem with me? May you please instruct me how to solve these problems! Thank you a lot!

hey Moon_Light,
    i would suggest uninstalling all ThinkVantage software, then go to http://support.lenovo.com ; download all drivers for you unit and install.
    at the same time do a bios update as well.
    WW Social Media
    Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.
    Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
    If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
    Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
    Have you checked out the Community Knowledgebase yet?!
    How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.

• Lenovo Thinkpad T410 is not detecting transcend 250 GB external hard disk

Lenovo Thinkpad T410 is not detecting transcend 250 GB external hard disk
    I have XP installed
    I have updated my bios also.
    It is also not shown in Disk Management.
    My hard disk is being detected on other desktops and laptops.
    My hard disk has only got a usb connector and no external power cord is provided with it.
    Transcend Storejet 25 mobile 250GB is my hard disk
    Please help me sort out this problem
    Ihave tried every thing.
    Thankyou

Hello sp1986,
    please check out this kb article from Microsoft
    http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-us;871233​&x=11&y=7
    another hint http://www.ntcompatible.com/Desperately_need_help_​---_USB_Devices_Not_Recognized_t32356.html
    Edit: second link
    Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter! Try the forum search, before first posting: Forum Search Option
    Please insert your type, model (not S/N) number and used OS in your posts.
    I´m a volunteer here using New X1 Carbon, ThinkPad Yoga, Yoga 11s, Yoga 13, T430s,T510, X220t, IdeaCentre B540.
    TIP: If your computer runs satisfactorily now, it may not be necessary to update the system.
     English Community       Deutsche Community       Comunidad en Español

• I would like to replace my 4 cell battery in my HP Envy 17" with a much longer lasting battery

I would like to replace my 4 cell battery in my HP Envy 17" with a much longer lasting battery

You would get the details here:
    http://partsurfer.hp.com/search.aspx
    Wish you luck,
    Karthik
    --Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post)
    --Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

Maybe you are looking for