Battery doesn't charge on my newly purchased t500

when i discover my new t500 is completely out of battery the first time, i immediately plugged it in to charge. i notice it doesn't charge, if i doble click power management it recognizes the battery but it doens't chaqrge no matter what i do with the setting. (it was at )%
what i did was take out the battery and then put it back in, and it works. i thought maybe it's new, so it's in the break in period. it happened again today, it wouldn't charge. i had to pull the battery and put it back in in order to get get it to charge. is this a hardware problem? i would like to exchange it since i am still under the initial 30 days period. please advise, and thank you.

it sound like a hardware problem, which shouldn't be occuring. 
Regards,
Jin Li
May this year, be the year of 'DO'!
I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft

Similar Messages

• 9320 battery doesn't charge properly

I have a .month and a half old 9320 and the Battery doesn't charge properly and is clearly alto. How do I et a replacement sent out?

Hi and Welcome to the Community!
    Typically, this would be a warranty issue...and your warranty is serviced by whoever you agreed that to be when you purchased your device. Normally, that's the original place of purchase (which might also be your mobile service provider) or an authorized service center -- it varies by region, so check your original purchase documentation for your specific warranty provisions as well as methods of exercising it. Keep in mind that BlackBerry provides no first level support for anything...including warranty...all support starts with other parties, who can escalate to BlackBerry if needed.
    Good luck!
    Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
    If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
    Join our BBM Channels
    BSCF General Channel
    PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
    Knowledge Base Updates
    PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code

• Win 7 (Sony Vaio) Battery Doesn't Charge

I have a Sony Vaio VPCEB11FM notebook with Win 7 64 and suddenly the battery doesn't charge. During shutdown, Win 7 was installing updates and before it was done it went off.
    After that Win 7 doesn't recognize the ac adapter plugged in and the battery doesn't charge.
    The updates downloaded are not running or installing.
    I have tested the ac adapter and battery on a laptop exactly like my one. And it worked just fine.
    There are no updates available for battery from manufacturer.
    The charging light is off when i plug the ac adapter.
    The laptop works without battery, but plugged in ac adapter.
    Plz, helpppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp...

Hi
    I've had a number battery problems to do with rapid
    discharging and not charging properly - the batery was nearly new and previously had 3 hours life before an update ... Sony Support
    have been worse than useless ... In case it helps (given that your problems started after your Windows 7 update) - my
    problem was not the physical battery (or BIOS or drivers or a number of other things I checked) but the Sony VAIO battery management software which stopped working after I installed the 64-bit Windows 7 update Service Pack 1 (SP1).
    There may be no harm in just trying to re-install the Sony VAIO Battery Checker software - it worked for me ... To do this, run
    the VAIO Care Recovery and Restore programme (from the start menu), use the Recovery option  - Reinstall Applications and Drivers – and re-install the Battery Checker
    (tick the check box option).
    Hope this helps :)
    Here's the full detail of what happened to me in case others have similar problems:
    Warning to all 64-bit Windows 7 users:  Do NOT install Windows 7 SP1 !!!!!   If you do and
    the Sony VAIO battery management software ruins your battery, Sony Support won't replace it but blame Microsoft instead.
    After I installed the Windows 7 update for SP1 my battery performance died - the battery would
    discharge from 100% to zero in only 52 minutes
    (it was nearly 3 hours before installing SP1).  In a specific timed test for Sony Support the battery took 47 minutes to discharge to 50% and then rapidly discharged from 50% to zero in the following 4 minutes.  In
    all tests I performed the machine did not ‘turn off’ but crashed as if the battery had been ripped out, prompting a safe-start by windows each time.  From zero charge, the battery was re-charging to 100% charge in about 20 minutes.
    Sony Support were useless, so I started to read many technical discussion forums online and found that hundreds of Sony users
    have the same problem with battery performance with no solution.  Many discussions online have led back to a wrong idea: that the Microsoft Windows system drivers –
    battc.sys and
    compbatt.sys – used for Microsoft Composite Battery management are too old to be 64-bit versions.  This idea is because the Microsoft driver information
    displayed in the Device Manager window shows a driver date of 21/06/2006, before Windows 7 64-bit was deployed.  However the actual hidden driver files in the Windows System folder (version 6.1.7) are dated 14/07/2009 and are indeed 64-bit versions. 
    I found this after I spent hours looking for new versions of the drivers and when I couldn’t find any mention, let alone new versions, I then checked the actual file properties myself and discovered the Microsoft drivers are fine (even though there is
    a Microsoft Windows 7 error displaying the date using Device Manager).  Similarly, a number of people have updated their BIOS with no change to the problem (so I'm leaving that alone).
    I then investigated other ideas – and eventually checked that the version of VAIO Power Management and Battery Checker
    VAIO (part of the Sony Notebook Utilities exe) for my machine (VPCEB3C5E).  The latest versions I could see online (Sony sites) all appear to be the same versions as those already installed on my machine. 
    However, I tried one final, simple action and it fixed my machine:
    I used the VAIO Care Recovery and Restore programme
    (from the
    start menu),
    selected the Recovery option – Reinstall Applications
    and Drivers – and re-installed the Battery Checker (check box option).
    This fixed the problems with the battery management
    where the machine suddenly crashes without adequate warning when the battery is discharging. The
    battery now shows a steady discharge from 100% down to zero (remember, before it discharged quickly down to 50% and then from 50% to zero in the last 4 minutes). It also charges back up at a steady (safe) rate rather than rapidly.  
    Unfortunately, my battery is now damaged but Sony Support do not want to know.  In
    the several weeks while the Sony software was not working properly the battery had been rapidly re-charged, over-charged and is now damaged. 
    The previous battery life of over 2.5 hours in normal use (let alone test conditions
    doing nothing) has been reduced to less than an hour since the 64-bit Windows 7 SP1 installation.
     Things
    cannot still be fully correct with the Sony battery management software because the
    battery health status in the
    VAIO Control Centre is still displaying
    GOOD. 
    So Sony Support will not replace the battery, even though previously they contradicted themselves by saying I had to run industry standard tests - now when the tests show the battery is faulty Sony then go back to relying on
    software that was the cause of the problem.  Unbelievable !!!
    Moreover, the Sony European Support guy escalated my case (5568077) and the response he got was this is a Windows 7 issue and
    not a Sony problem ... Therefore, should I ask Microsoft for a new Sony battery even though it was the Sony software at fault?  Even more unbelievable by Sony !!!!!!
    So, all Sony VAIO Users - don't install Windows 7 SP1 and expect Sony Support to help.  
    Most of all - when the Sony VAIO battery management software ruins your battery, don't expect Sony to replace
    it. 
    And now for a bit of a rant to make me feel better ... This was the first time I've bought a Sony - I've had dozens
    of Dells over the years but thought I'd try a VAIO for a change ... Given my recent experience guess what my next machine will be?  Sony may be making a small financial loss since the Tsunami and online PSP gaming / hacker problems, but with service like
    this their VAIO losses will also be significant in the future - Sony just don't get that customers pay for and expect service when we buy a machine ... Idiots!
    Cheers RB, England

• My battery doesn't charge very well anymore, can i get a new one/

my battery doesn't charge very well, can i get and install a new battery?

Your post say "my battery doesn't charge very well",
    Does it goes to full charge after 4 hours, or 1 hour, a battery that goes to full charge in 1 hour, is a dying battery, as it be totally flat in 20 mins. So if you can get your battery fully charge then monitor how long it takes to discharge playing music (36 hours) or video (6 hours)
    That will be a measure of the health of your battery, compared to iPod tech Spec.
    If your battery can't be fully charged
    Are you charging it off a wall charger or via a PC?
    Can you try charging via a high power USB 2.0 port, on most Computer there are some low power USB port, that don't have enough juice to charge a high drain device like the iPod.
    And it is a NoNO to try charging via a USB Hub or the Mac Keyboard USB port, these do not have the power.
    Have a nice day!

• Battery doesn't charge but ibook still runs on ac?

I've got a 2004 iBook G4 1.0ghz processor 1.25gb ram. Had it 16 months, no problems so far until today.
    When I plug in the AC the laptop runs off this power- the battery symbol changes to show the power plugs- but the battery does not charge. It stays at 49%, no matter how long I wait. I tried inserting my backup battery and it doesn't charge either, it just stays at 26%. The laptop will run off the battery if it needs to, I just can't get any more power into the battery itself. And the leds in the adaptor do not change colour anymore, they are always out. Applecare recommended a PMU reset, which I did, but nothing changed. Next recommendation was to take it in to the shop. I'm hesitant because my original iBook never really came back from the shop... it had 3 logicboard failures and a hard drive failure in the first 90 days. My current iBook is a replacement. Hopefully this is not logicboard as well. If there's anyone out there who has experienced something similar and has some non-invasive advice please help! Thanks.

Same here with my AT270 bought in January 2013. The tablet does not load and remains on the screen with the red battery without recharging.
    Even powered on, the tablet does not charge.
    I am looking for a replacement battery, but the one I found on the web are more than 50€ would you have a better price?
    Thank you in advance.

• Battery doesn't charge

a few weeks ago I left my mbp on standby without any power for 3 or 4 days; naturally the power ran out and it died. when I came to re-start it, I plugged it in and it resumed fine. the same thing then happened again a few days later, although this time it didn't 'wake-up' but had shut down completely, although it started up fine as soon as I plugged it in.
    however, since this happened my battery won't accept charge and is permanently at 0%, or -2147483648% according to slimbatterymonitor!
    the magsafe connector has the green light lit and the battery icon has the plug icon in it, but it just doesn't charge-up. as soon as the power is removed it dies as there is obviously no power left in the battery.
    I have tried re-setting both the pram and the smc several times, neither of which have resolved the issue. I have also tried to use coconut battery; however it just crashes after a few seconds of starting up.
    any help would be very much appreciated - thanks
    hardware overview:
    Model Name: MacBook Pro 15"
    Model Identifier: MacBookPro1,1
    Processor Name: Intel Core Duo
    Processor Speed: 1.83 GHz
    Number Of Processors: 1
    Total Number Of Cores: 2
    L2 Cache: 2 MB
    Memory: 2 GB
    Bus Speed: 667 MHz
    Boot ROM Version: MBP11.0055.B08
    SMC Version: 1.2f10
    Battery Information:
    Model Information:
    Serial Number: SMP-ASMB012-3462-133f
    Manufacturer: SMP
    Device name: ASMB012
    Pack Lot Code: 0001
    PCB Lot Code: 0000
    Firmware Version: 0102
    Hardware Revision: 0400
    Cell Revision: 0100
    Charge Information:
    Charge remaining (mAh): 0
    Fully charged: No
    Charging: No
    Full charge capacity (mAh): 0
    Health Information:
    Cycle count: 343
    Condition: Check battery
    Battery Installed: Yes
    Amperage (mA): 0
    Voltage (mV): 8401
    System Power Settings:
    AC Power:
    System Sleep Timer (Minutes): 0
    Disk Sleep Timer (Minutes): 10
    Display Sleep Timer (Minutes): 15
    Automatic Restart On Power Loss: No
    Wake On AC Change: No
    Wake On Clamshell Open: Yes
    Wake On LAN: Yes
    Display Sleep Uses Dim: Yes
    Battery Power:
    System Sleep Timer (Minutes): 15
    Disk Sleep Timer (Minutes): 10
    Display Sleep Timer (Minutes): 15
    Wake On AC Change: No
    Wake On Clamshell Open: Yes
    Display Sleep Uses Dim: Yes
    Reduce Brightness: Yes
    Hardware Configuration:
    UPS Installed: No
    AC Charger Information:
    Connected: Yes
    Charging: No

If you can run with the power adapter attached then it is an indicator that there is something else wrong. You could have a bad component on the logic board. If you have Apple Care then take it back to an Apple Store. Otherwise you will need to find a repair shop that will fix it at the component level. Apple would change the logic board and that is big $$$. Your local Apple Store should have a list of local vendors that can do repairs.
    There were times that I had a local vendor that was Apple authorized do my repairs and I could usually get the Mac back sooner.
    MJ

• My 6 gen nano needs a power source to stay on. battery doesn't charge at all. what do i do?

my 6 gen nano needs a power source to stay on and be able to use. battery won't charge at all. what can i do?

You need to contact Apple, to send in your ipod to get the battery replaced.

• Why My battery doesn't charge?!

Somebody help me please. I got always plug in my computer to work... doesn't charge!

Is the Middle block in your power cord connected properly?

• Battery doesn't charge AND frequent shut down when only on AC power

Hello all,
    I've spent some time browsing and searching this forum to avoid asking a question that has already been answered but I haven't seen a complete answer to this situation so here goes.
    I have a Lenovo 3000 N100 model 0768DKU.  Battery (P/N 92P1185) started not charging/not holding a change about 6-8 months ago AND the laptop now abruptly shuts down even when on AC power.  From the forum I found out about the 18 month battery replacement policy but I'm just a few months past the 18 months so out of luck there.  Normally I would just buy a new battery but the last few months I've been getting very frequent shut downs when the laptop is exclusively on AC power even with the battery removed!  This has kept me from buying a battery because the laptop won't stay on even when it's plugged into the wall then how will a battery help? 
    This has really thrown me for a loop since the laptop may run 30 minutes then it's dead like you pulled the power cord.  Turn it back on maybe 10 minutes then dead, or 5 minutes then dead repeat over and over.
    Steps I've taken since browsing the forums:
    Virus scans/spyware are clean
    Used compressed air on the fan vent to remove a little dust, opened up and sprayed out dust nothing major.
    Speedfan is reporting cpu temperatures of 65C to 69C at 99% idle.
    Reseated memory
    Questions:
    Would a new battery potentially solve this problem?  I'm not sure how since it shuts down even with the battery removed and only the power cord plugged in.
    Bad AC adapter?
    Thermal problem?  It looks like the cpu is still below temperature ranges based on Intel but it sure seem like a thermal problem to me the way it shuts down.  I'm trying some new thermal grease tonight but not sure if that will realy make a difference.
    Any suggestions, I'd hate for it to be motherboard, etc.
    Sorry if this was answered elsewhere I've seen all the battery posts but not how the battery would address the fact the laptop shuts down even when on AC power with or without the battery installed. 
    Thanks,
    Chad 

Hard reset didn't work for me either, thanks for the tip it was worth a shot.
    Thermal paste kept temps lower around 45C still suddenly shut off like usual while on AC power.  3, 5, minutes, etc.  Doesn't appear to be thermal.
    Could the "bad" battery somehow be messing up the power circuit and cutting off.  Looks like the battery problem with these units is huge wish I'd been looking earlier since I was within the extended 18 month period at the time.  Just want to hear that someone bought a battery and it fixed the problem....

• IBook G4: battery doesn't charge

After about seven years my iBook battery had lost stamina. (Although there was still more than an hour of energy left after charging it.)
    After buying a new one (Dill-5200mAh) I was pleased to get a battery capacity for more than five hours. Unfortunately things changed after about 20 load cycles. Now when I try to charge it, the plug soon turns from amber to green although the battery still has only a very low capacity.
    According to 'coconutBattery'  the capacity is brilliant (5363mAh).
    I also found out that charging seems to work while iBook is switched on.
    Any idea?

Hello,
    There are a few thing here.
    1. Could be a faulty battery. I want out rule that.
    2. It could be a problem with your power adapter.
    3. Could be an internal problem.
    I would check the power adapter and then check the Battery both with a replacement. (or spare)
    If you get the same results, then it's  internal fault and do doubt lays with the DC In board.

• HT201263 cannot download latest itunes, screen shows apple logo, slider does not appear, battery doesn't charge, cannot connect to itunes...

unable to restore/reset/connect to iTunes. Apple logo/low battery, slider does not appear....HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Try:
    - iOS: Not responding or does not turn on
    - Also try DFU mode after try recovery mode
    How to put iPod touch / iPhone into DFU mode « Karthik's scribblings
    - If not successful and you can't fully turn the iOS device fully off, let the battery fully drain. After charging for an least an hour try the above again.
    - Try on another computer                            
    - If still not successful that usually indicates a hardware problem and an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store is in order.
      Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar                              

• Battery doesn't charge overnight

HI,
    I will leave my laptop plugged in to charge overnight only to find it at the same level as when I shut down for the day. Any help would be much appreciated.
    James

jamesl8n wrote:
    I will leave my laptop plugged in to charge overnight only to find it at the _same level_
    Hi James,
    What charge level is that? The MBP will not initiate charging if the current charge level is 95% or higher.
    http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1909
    So, if you are at 96%, for example, what you describe is normal. If you are below 93% and see this behavior, that's not normal - in that case, post back for next steps.

• Why, after ios7 update, the battery doesn't charge completely

With ios 6 my iphone 5 used to charge completely in 3-4 hours. With ios 7, even over night, it charges till 60-70% or less.
    If i power off the iphone, it charges fully.
    I also get a message regarding a non original cable when pulluging to the wall AC when i'm using the only cable i've got- the original one.
    Am i the only one with these problems ???

Basic troubleshooting from the User's Guide is reset, restart, restore (first from backup then as new).  Try each of these in order until the issue is resolved.

• Screen never brightens to white on newly purchased T500 refurb

I've recently received a decent refurb that seems to be in excellent working order except the LCD won't brighten to 100%. I have my old T500 to compare it to and it appears the newly refurb will only brighten to about 60-70%.
    I've read a post that mentioned 2 fuses being out on the board causing almost complete dimming. Is there a way to run diagnostic on the board to determine if it is the fuse?
    I have the old laptop and could take the LCD from the old and install it in the new. Does it sound like something that would be a problem with with the LCD?
    I have a few days left on the return policy and am trying to discern if I need to take advantage of it or not.
     Thank you for your time and any ideas you may have.

In my opinion, it sounds like one of two things have happened:
    1.I have just checked on my nano, and it is possible to turn off the backlight. Go somewhere where you can read the darkened screen, if possible. Go to the main menu>Settings>General>Backlight. From there you can select an option.
    2. If the first solution fails, your ipod is probably deffective, but if it was a holiday present it should still be under warranty.
    -Good Luck.

• MacBook Pro 2011 doesn't charge the battery at all. Only works with the powercord. Reset SMC already. Ideas?

The battery doesn't charge at all anymore.
    My Macbook pro suddenly stopped working without the cord plugged in. 
    And when the laptop is switched off, it switches on by its own as soon as I plug it in.
    I reset the SMC, to no avail.
    Any tips?
    Thanks.
    MacBook Pro (13-inch Early 2011), Mac OS X (10.6.8), 2.3GHz Intel Core i5 processer

If it has a replaceable battery, then consider replacing it.
    Open System Profiler in Utilities folder. After it opens click on the Power entry in the sidebar. See what it reports for your battery. If it's no longer usable it will generally say "Service."
    If you don't have a user-replaceable battery, then take it to an Apple Store.

Maybe you are looking for

• How can I stop a timed loop in the middle of its cycle?

Hello all, I'm creating VI that will gather data from a series of thermocouples and outputing that data to a graph as well as to a spreadsheet file. The sampling rate for each channel needs to be independent and variable. That is, they want to increa

• Podcast Removed from iTunes

My podcast has been removed from iTunes, and I don't know why. If you were to do a Google search, you can easily find it, and the following link is provided: itunes.apple.com/ie/podcast/arc-light-stories/id404452832. However, if you open that link in

• Need ideas for best audio setup on Q180

Hello all.  I've got a Q180 and very nice it is too, apart from one major ommision; there is no audio input/output on the rear panel, only on the front.  I want a setup where I can have speakers plugged in to the rear somehow, but also be able to swi

• Error connecting using OCI8

I am getting an error when attempting to connect to a Oracle 9i r2 database using OCI8. When I connect using the thin driver all works fine. Are different drivers or installation procedures needed to use OCI8? I am working with BLOB's and wanted to u

• Mail doesn't share the computer

This happens all the time in Snow Leopard and the other Leopard before it. I run many apps simultaneously, and I have a two-monitor set-up. The iMac is the monitor with the menu bar for the apps on it. I put MacMail on the other monitor and keep it o