Blue screen with Hyper-v on T410

Since Microsoft did not put Hyper-V on Win7, my company was forced to install Server 2008 R2 on quite a few machines. My sales people need to do demos and in some cases project them so I installed the Intel 8.15.10.2104 driver (meant for Windows 7 but that is all I have). Ironically, they are Microsoft demos.
The driver works fine until we launch Hyper-V then blue screen. This happens on all the machines we use, T400's and T410's with Intel or nVidia.
Has anyone run into this issue? Was there a fix? I am not much of a hardware crash dump reader but I am trying.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Jack

Install Win dows 2008 R2 SP1 (beta) to solve it.  You can find it on the Microsoft web site.
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2008/en/us/sp1.aspx
Additionally, you might have to disable the Intel Turbo Boost in Windows Server 2008 R2 – open Device Manager, locate Intel(R) Turbo Boost Technology Driver, disable it.

Similar Messages

• Blue screens with my new P45 Neo3-FR motherboard

Blue screens with my new P45 Neo3-FR motherboard
    I have recently purchased this Motherboard and being trying since few overclocking combinations unsuccessfully
    I have a Dual Core E8400 Rev.E0 processor and the best I had so far is 3.6 MHz (400x9) at stock voltage.
    I am trying to achieve 450 FSB (450x8.5) stable with memory @900 MHz.
    I have increased Vcore to 1.28v and 1.31v, Vram is on 1.9v and I left all other voltage settings on Auto.
    Disabled CPU C1E function and & Spread spectrum.   
    As soon as i raise the clock over 400MHz is when the problem start.
    Most of the time is happening when the machine has been left (idle) for a while, I just click anywhere,or just start a programme
    and suddenly I get a blue screen and the machine re-boot, and again I run Prime for 3 hours (torture test) and not a single blue screen.
    Very weird..
    I have 2 MB (2 x 1024) dual corsair memory DDr2 PC6400 XMS2 (5-5-5-18) modules and an ordinary Ati Radeon Powercolor HD 3600 graphic card.
    I tried to run both memory stick in single mode and one at the time, but still getting those blue screens.
    I have built this system re-using a couple of years old power supply from Hyper (505W).
    I need some advice as I am trying to establish which component is to blame.
    Could this be caused by the PSU, perhaps malfunctioning or inadequate for this motherboard ?
    Also thinking about the memory....memory seems running OK till 960 MHz with processor at 400 x 9 (1:1.20 ratio).
    Or perhaps is the Motherboard ?
    I have Vista Home Premium Edition OS.
    Please advice guys.

Hi Guys,
    I`ve just updated to Bios v.1.71b
    Raised FSB to 445 Mhz and kept multilier to 9x (445 x 9 = 4.005 Ghz)
    Vcore to 1.335v
    Dram to 1.904v
    MCH to 1.304
    VTT FSB to 1.34v
    ICH still on Auto
    Disabled C1E support, Spread spectrum and Intel EIST support.
    Set ram to 1:1.00
    Tested several times with Super PI & Intel Burn Test and machine is stable so far.

• My macbook pro freezes and then displays a blue screen with black stripes... do you know what's wrong with it?

My macbook pro freezes and then displays a blue screen with black stripes... do you know what's wrong with it?
    I have a two and half year mac book pro... I've had some issues with the screen looking scrambled when I quit certain applications, but now it's turned into something worse.  I'll be working on my computer and the thing will freeze.  When I force restart, the first screen, the apple logo, will be a blue tint and won't boot up normally.  Then I try safe mood and it will then boot just fine.  But there are blue stripes on my screen.  The screen alternates from a blue tint to normal and if the computer freezes again the screen will become completely blue with black stripes.  I haven't tried reinstalling my software because I don't have the startup discs that came with my computer.  If I was sure that would fix it I would purchase them, but if it's a hardware issue I'm afraid that I'm screwed.  I've been able to successfully get the blue off my screen by putting it to sleep and then waking it up, but that's not working well anymore either. 
    Does anyone else have experience with this?  Is it the firmware or what?  I have a MacBook Pro from early 2011 and I'm running Mac OS X 10.6.8.
    Please help... Thanks!

I just experienced this exact same issue with my early 2011 15" macbook pro. Since like a month after purchasing it I had issues with the screen randomly going dark on me. I sent it in for repair inder waranty they replaced the gpu and logic board but I continued to have the same issues with the screen randomly going black sometimes I would need to reboot it in order to get the screen to go back on but it happened so infrequently and I used the computer for school so disnt find the time to resend it in to apple. Just last night the screen started to display the blue screen with black verticle lines on it. I called apple and explained to them  the issues that had been ongoing since I purchased the laptop but they said because I was now outside of warantee that any repairs at thia point wouldn't be covered. Fml so glad I spent 2200 on this future proof macbook pro what a joke my sister purchased a toshiba laptop for 300 4 years ago and it still running like a champ. I loved my macbook but at the price I paid I expect it to last longer than 2 years before leaving me high and dry. *** apple??

• When trying to save page in Yahoo! Bookmarks, I receive blue screen with message:A problem occured while trying to save bookmark. Please try again later. I get the same message every time.

When I click on Yahoo Bookmark Icon & click on Save this page,
    I get the normal screen Save To My Bookmarks, etc. I fill out as
    normally & click save. That is when I receive blue screen with above message. Frustrating because it lets me go through the process but then will not save. Is this a cookie or privacy issue??

At the top of yahoo bookmarks there is a message:
    To Yahoo! Bookmarks users:
    Yahoo! Bookmarks is transitioning and will be exclusively available via Yahoo! Toolbar. During this transition, you will be able to access your bookmarks in read-only mode.We expect the transition to be fully complete by October 20, 2011, after which you will have access to your bookmarks with the ability to add/ edit/ delete bookmarks.
    Please download Yahoo! Toolbar for a full bookmarks service. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience during this period.
    But the toolbar dosn't work either, even after it is updated, so we may just have to wait.
    Hope this helps :)

• I tried to soft reset my ipod touch with the top button and the screen button.  it turned off and went to the blue screen with the apple.  now it won't do anything-it has stayed on that scren for 4 hours now.  does anyone know how i can fix this?

i tried to soft reset my ipod touch with the top button and the screen button.  it turned off and then went to the blue screen with the apple like it should.  however, it now just stays on that screen.  it has a sort of clock looking thing at the bottom of the apple that does not move either.  it has stayed on this screen for over 4 hours.  i also can not hard reset it in itunes.  i am not really goood at this sort of thing.  does anyone have this problem or a possible solution?  thanks

See Here for
    Frozen or unresponsive iPod touch
    The Basic Troubleshooting Steps are:
    Restart..  Reset..  Restore...
    Try this First... You will Not Lose Any Data...
    Turn the iPod Off... ( if it isn’t already )
    Press and Hold the Sleep/Wake Button and the Home Button at the Same Time...
    Wait for the Apple logo to Appear and then Disappear...
    Usually takes about 15 - 20 Seconds... (But can take Longer...)
    Release the Buttons...
    Turn the iPod On...
    If that does not help... See Here:
    Backing up, Updating and Restoring
    http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1414

• Blue screen with the following error SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION (ACPL.sys)

Hi,
    I had a blue screen with SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION (ACPL.sys) error message yesterday.
    It happened right after the graphic card update was completed. I have an HP Spectre XT laptop with Windows 8 and Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000.
    After restart, I noticed that the available free space on my hard disk dropped by 4 GB!
    Can you please assist?
    Thank you.

We do need the actual DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.  
    WE NEED AT LEAST TWO DMP FILES TO SPOT TRENDS AND CONFIRM THE DIAGNOSIS.
    You may be able to get the DMP files without crashing by booting into safe mode (F8) with networking.
    If you are overclocking stop.  (chances are if you dont know if you are, you are not)a
    To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.  We need at least 2 DMP FILES to diagnose and confirm
    The procedure:
    * Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
    * Zip up the copy.
    * Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button. (if available on  your site, MS doesnt have this)
     *Please upload them to a file sharing service like Skydrive or"Rapidshare" and put a link to them in your reply.
    Link for how to  upload below.
    http://www.wikihow.com/Use-SkyDrive
    To ensure minidumps are enabled:
    * Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
    * Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
    * Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
    * Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
    * Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
    * OK your way out.
    * Reboot if changes have been made.
    Please also run MSinfo32 and upload the output as well.
    To run MSinfo32 please go to start>run>MSinfo32
    Go to "file" "save" and upload the saved file with the DMPS
    System specs are extremely useful so please include whatever you know.
    Blue Screen View & Who Crashed are often wrong and should only be used in an emergency
    Team Zigzag3143.com
    Wanikiya & Dyami--Team Zigzag

• Blue screen with error code and I have no recovery disks for HP Pavilion dv6-1260se

I have a HP Pavilion dv6-1260se with factory installed operating system of Vista. When booting up the computer, I receive a blue screen with this error message: STOP:  c000021a {Fatal System Error}.
                                                                The verification of a KnownDLL failed.  system process terminated unexpectedly with
                                                                 a status of 0x0000221  (0x007fb9c0  0x00000000).
                                                                 The system has been shut down.
    I do not have recovery disks for this computer.  I tried to order them but them seem to not be available.  This is my daughter's computer.  She says she started to have trouble after downloading Frost Wire (music share) and then she removed it.  We tried going back to an earlier time and that didn't help and then the blue screen with error message appeared. What do I do now?
    This question was solved.
    View Solution.

Hi,
    Assuming your in the US, recovery discs are available to order for that model here.  That may be the best option.
    You should also be able to do a recovery without the discs as well.  Take a look at this document: Recover Windows Vista Operating System Using HP Recovery, and look for the section Restore the PC to its original condition with the HP Recovery Manager if Windows Vista is not accessible.  This should allow you to recover the PC.
    R
    Although I am an HP Employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

• My macbook13in has a blue screen with error code 10813

my macbook 13in has a blue screen with error code 10813

Reinstalling OS X Without Erasing the Drive
    Boot to the Recovery HD: Restart the computer and after the chime press and hold down the COMMAND and R keys until the menu screen appears. Alternatively, restart the computer and after the chime press and hold down the OPTION key until the boot manager screen appears. Select the Recovery HD and click on the downward pointing arrow button.
    Repair the Hard Drive and Permissions: Upon startup select Disk Utility from the main menu. Repair the Hard Drive and Permissions as follows.
    When the recovery menu appears select Disk Utility. After DU loads select your hard drive entry (mfgr.'s ID and drive size) from the the left side list.  In the DU status area you will see an entry for the S.M.A.R.T. status of the hard drive.  If it does not say "Verified" then the hard drive is failing or failed. (SMART status is not reported on external Firewire or USB drives.) If the drive is "Verified" then select your OS X volume from the list on the left (sub-entry below the drive entry,) click on the First Aid tab, then click on the Repair Disk button. If DU reports any errors that have been fixed, then re-run Repair Disk until no errors are reported. If no errors are reported click on the Repair Permissions button. Wait until the operation completes, then quit DU and return to the main menu.
    Reinstall OS X: Select Reinstall OS X and click on the Continue button.
    Note: You will need an active Internet connection. I suggest using Ethernet if possible because it is three times faster than wireless.
    Also see:
    Reinstall OS X Without Erasing the Drive
    OS X Yosemite- Reinstall OS X
    OS X Mavericks- Reinstall OS X
    OS X Mountain Lion- Reinstall OS X
    OS X Lion- Reinstall Mac OS X
         Note: You will need an active Internet connection. I suggest using Ethernet
                     if possible because it is three times faster than wireless.

• Satellite A350 - Blue screen with error message

When starting windows7, I am getting blue screen with error message 0x0000116.
    Can anyone assist please?

It looks like a graphic card driver is a trouble maker.Try to reinstall a graphic card driver in safe mode (f8 on startup). Read this article for information:
    http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vistahardware/thread/eb584685-6b8b-4ad7-b6cc-ae5ee78095fb
    It's for VISTA but should be the same for win 7 too.

• Blue screen with error message

Product Name: HP Media Center M7250n Desktop PC
    Product #ED842aa-aba
    I have been getting a blue screen with error messages that ask if this is the first time i get the error and then at the end it says it is dumping memory. I would like to wipe my harddrive and reinstall XP but my system is out of warrenty and HP won't provide me a recovery CD. What are my options.
    This question was solved.
    View Solution.

Hi,
           You are most welcome. 
    "I work for HP."
    Please click the "White Kudos" star to say thanks for helping.
    Please mark "Accept As Solution" if my help has solved your problem.

• My C5280 All in one printer flashes a blue screen with error B0248122.

It flashes a blue screen with a different B 8 digit number each time. All the buttons on the front flash yellow. I have to unplug it to turn it off.  Occasionally it will say to turn it off and turn it back on, but it rarely solves the problem.  This used to be an infrequent problem, only appering occasionally, now it is all the time and am not able to use my printer at all.
    Any ideas?

Hello,
    This error typically is caused by some issue with the ink delivery system.
    Recommend to follow some steps mentioned in this link:
    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docnam​e=c00489814&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=4083871#N51 
    Hope this helps.
    I work for HP.

• Stuck on blue screen with clouds rainbow, floated ...

As it says.
    When I start Skype, it goes straight to a blue screen with blue clouds and a green rainbow at the bottom. I get no prompt to login. I have followed various guides, such as renaming login to login1, deleting login, restarting the computer, uninstalling then installed skype (which gets me an error code 2734 I think), uninstalled and installed Internet Explorer. I have run windows update and everything is up to date. I also followed the advise in the floated topic, and even after using Command Prompt (which was not in Accessories folder, had to search cmd to find it) and restarting, the 'click this button' does not work.
    Skype was working fine on Sunday, and now it is broken. The only thing I have done in the meantime is run a repair tool for Windows Media Player as a game I installed required it to play in game music.
    EDIT: I use Windows 7.
    Solved!
    Go to Solution.

Scripting in Internet Explorer might be disabled by an Antivirus software. What Antivirus software is installed on your computer?
    Meanwhile you can try the “legacylogin” workaround, which should enable login to Skype using the old legacy login window. However, you will not be able to login using Microsoft account (email address).
    Quit Skype. Make sure that you don’t see any Skype.exe processes in Windows Task Manager. If necessary, then stop these processes.
    Open this folder on your computer:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Skype\Phone\
    You should see there the Skype application file (Skype.exe).  Right click on the Skype.exe file and select: Send to – Desktop (create shortcut). Right click on the newly created shortcut and select Properties and then the Shortcut tab. In the Target field you will see now:
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe"
    Click with your mouse on the text in the Target field and move your curser one space after the last quotation sign and add the text /legacylogin. The text in the Target field should now read:
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe"  /legacylogin
    Click OK to save the changes. Start Skype using this new shortcut. Can you now login to Skype?

• I have an IPod 2nd generation I bought from a pawn shop.  It worked for a day but now when I try to charge it, it keeps switching back and forth from the large full screen icon of a low battery and a lighting bolt below to the blue screen with the apple s

I have an IPod 2nd generation I bought from a pawn shop.  It worked for a day but now when I try to charge it, it keeps switching back and forth from the large full screen icon of a low battery and a lighting bolt below to the blue screen with the apple symbol in the middle.  I had it on charge all night but still dead.

Try here.
    iPod touch: Hardware troubleshooting
    You may have a hardware problem.

• Macbook Pro 10.6.8 won't shut down. Blue screen with spinning wheel.

it's an 15 inch macbook pro. since I bought this computer was working fine about last year. Somehow, start of this year, the problem begins. Everytime when i opened microsoft word 2011 on mac or Photoshop cs5, and quit the software as normaly. When i try to shut down the blue screen with spinning wheel apears. this spining wheel is endless. But funny thing is that after use other software such as games, web browser (safari) etc. and quit them. when i shut down there was not a problem. only word 2011 for mac and adobe photoshop cs5. Any solutions?

Launch the Console application in any of the following ways:
    ☞ Enter the first few letters of its name into a Spotlight search. Select it in the results (it should be at the top.)
    ☞ In the Finder, select Go ▹ Utilities from the menu bar, or press the key combination shift-command-U. The application is in the folder that opens.
    ☞ If you’re running Mac OS X 10.7 or later, open LaunchPad. Click Utilities, then Console in the page that opens.
    Step 1
    Select "system.log" from the file list. Enter "BOOT_TIME" (without the quotes) in the search box. Note the timestamps of those log messages, which refer to the times when the system was booted. Now clear the search box and scroll back in the log to the last boot time when you had the problem. Post the messages logged during the time something abnormal was happening. That time might be before or after the boot.
    For example, if the problem is a slow startup taking three minutes, post the messages timestamped within three minutes after the boot time, not before. If the problem is a system crash or freeze, post the messages from before the boot time, when the system was about to crash or was failing to shut down. In either case, please include the BOOT_TIME message at the beginning or the end of the log extract.
    Post the log text, please, not a screenshot. If there are runs of repeated messages, post only one example of each. Don’t post many repetitions of the same message.
    If the log doesn't go back far enough in time, scroll down in the Console file list to /private/var/log/system.log.0.bz2. Search that archived log, and if necessary the older ones below it, for the same information.
    Important: Some private information, such as your name, may appear in the log. Edit it out by search-and-replace in a text editor before posting.
    Step 2
    Do the same with kernel.log.
    Step 3
    Still in Console, look under System Diagnostic Reports for crash or panic logs, and post the most recent one, if any. In the interest of privacy, I suggest you edit out the “Anonymous UUID,” a long string of letters, numbers, and dashes in the header of the report, if present (it may not be.) Please don’t post shutdownStall or hang logs — they're very long and not helpful.

• When turning on my imac, it loads to a blue screen with a turning wheel and never gets passed that. I have tried booting to safe mode and it still doens't work.

When turning on my imac, it loads to a blue screen with a spinning wheel. It never gets passed that screen. I have tried power up to safe mode and it still doesn't work. I have music files saved on the computer and I don't want to lose any of my files. Can someone help me?

Zap the PRAM and Reset the SMC, and see if that fixes it. BTW. detailed computer and OS info goes a long way to solving problems.

Maybe you are looking for

• Scrolling-problem in an editable ALV-list

Hi, I have built an <b>ALV-list</b> with one of the fields <b>open for input</b>. The user wants to use the arrow to scroll <u>down</u> through the table and update that particular field in every row. I have <b>2</b> questions about this: - First of

• Vmware Fusion Beta for Mac OSX Released Today

I don't know if this is the correct forum; if it's not, please pardon me. VMware Fusion Beta for Mac OSX has been released today. This product, while the developers admit has some bugs in it, promises to make virtual computing a whole lot easier and

• How to use geographical maps in OBI EE

Hi pls. guide me to use geographical map in OBIEE say for latim America ... I want to show sales amount in each city/state and if each city show good sales amount, the city will have green color. Is it possible to do this?

• How to install oracle 9i on rh es 3 linux

i am having problem installing oracle on rh es 3 linux.Could u please give HOWTO install it

• N900 not connecting via bluetooth anymore

it's quite a long story for me... no matter what computer, what bluetooth device and what phone, after a period of time, i suddenly come to the point when pc suite won't find my phone anymore. had 2 computers, 2 bluetooth devices and many phones and