CANNOT Enable TURBO MEMORY For T400

Hi there,
I am a user of Thinkpad T400. The machine came with 2G turbo memory, but I cannot enable it in the 'Intel Turbo Memory Console', any advice?
Thanks in advance.
Message Edited by hereiam436 on 08-24-2008 06:40 AM
Thinkpad T400 2768AA6

The screenshot shows the option to enable the TurboMem is blanked off. Have you tried starting the application as administrator. You then might have the option available.
Could also check what is driver version of the application.
You can check that by clicking "Help" tab followed by "About" in the Turbo Memory Console. Intel has released new driver ver 1.7. Driver ver (1.7.0.1029). I upgraded it from the Intel site, a few days ago, and it seems to work better than the previous driver.
The drivers available with Lenovo are old.
Sushil
ThinkPad T61, (7658CTO), T7500, Integrated Graphics, 320 GB HDD, 3 GB RAM, 1 GB Intel Turbo Memory, Vista (32 bit) Business

Similar Messages

• Cannot enable parental controls for Guest if FileVault enabled

FileVault is enabled on my Mac.  When I subsequently enabled Find My Mac, the Guest User account was automatically enabled, as it is required for Find My Mac's theft recovery feature. When I accessed the Guest User in the Users & Groups Preferences panel, the "Enable parental controls" option for Guest User was greyed out.  Thus, anyone with physical access to my computer, such as my kid, can gain unfettered access to the Internet without a password. 
    I did find a solution.  I unchecked the "Allow guests to log in to this computer" box in the Preferences panel.  This caused the "Enable parental controls" box to become checked (seems to be a bug).  I then checked the "Allow guests to log in to this computer" box, which caused the "Enable parental controls" box to become unchecked.  At this point, the "Enable parental controls" box was no longer greyed out, and I was able to check it. 
    System: Late 2014 Retina iMac with 3.5 GHz Intel Core i5, 8 GB memory, OS 10.10

Update: Although the method above appeared to enable parental controls, they do not work.  When I log in as Guest (causing the computer to reboot into Safari-only mode), I am able to access a very well-known adult website (play*** dot com). 

• Cannot enable AGP DMA for VIA hardware

As of the current Xorg 7 packages, I can't get AGP DMA working. Here's what Xorg.0.log shows:
    [proteus@localhost ~]$ cat /var/log/Xorg.0.log | grep EE
    Current Operating System: Linux localhost 2.6.16-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT Wed Apr 12 18:59:19 CEST 2006 i686
    (WW) warning, (EE) error, (NI) not implemented, (??) unknown.
    (II) Loading extension MIT-SCREEN-SAVER
    (EE) VIA(0): Unknown Card-Ids (1565|1200), report this to [email protected] ASAP
    (EE) VIA(0): [drm] drmAgpAcquire failed 1023
    (EE) VIA(0): [drm] Failed to initialize DMA ring-buffer: 1005
    The above is with Openchrome drivers, but the same messages are present with both xf86-video-via and xf86-video-unichrome as well. This really annoys the hell out of me, because a) not having AGP DMA means a very large performance reduction when using OpenGL, and b) AGP DMA worked fine when I was using Xorg 6.8, and with earlier Xorg 7 packages (from when Xorg 7 was in Testing). Could someone please explain to me what is not working, why it's not working, and how to get it working again?

Nope, that doesn't work either.
    For what it's worth, I always got the "Unknown Card-Ids" message, even with the Testing version of Xorg 7, and with Xorg 6.8.2 - and AGPDMA works perfectly for both of those.
    Now, I tried doing X -configure to create the config file and not getting rid of the vendor/model "information":
    VendorName "Unknown Vendor"
    BoardName "Unknown Board"
    That gets rid of the "failed to initialize ring buffer" error, but AGPDMA is still not enabled:
    Current Operating System: Linux localhost 2.6.16-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT Wed Apr 12 18:59:19 CEST 2006 i686
    (WW) warning, (EE) error, (NI) not implemented, (??) unknown.
    (II) Loading extension MIT-SCREEN-SAVER
    (EE) VIA(0): Unknown Card-Ids (1565|1200), report this to the driver maintainer ASAP
    (EE) VIA(0): [drm] drmAgpAcquire failed 1023
    And now, here's something I should have noticed a while ago... Check out these (edited for clarity) screenshots of xorgcfg in textmode:
    In Xorg 6.8.x, VIA cards were listed where the red line is pointing. Now they're not listed there, or anywhere in xorgcfg.
    Likewise, the "via" driver is simply not listed; again, it was in Xorg 6.8.x, even after the installation of the necessary DRI snapshots for VIA hardware.
    Note that the above is observable with any of the available Unichrome drivers installed - xf86-video-via, xf86-video-unichrome, and xf86-video-openchrome all produce the same results.
    Also, I can't confirm this for xorgcfg's graphical mode, for the simple reason that the graphical mode just crashes:
    [root@localhost ~]# xorgcfg
    Warning: Cannot convert string "menu10" to type Pixmap
    Warning: Cannot convert string "menu10" to type Pixmap
    Can't create rules structure
    Think this strange stuff has any bearing on the AGPDMA situation?

• ITunes reinstalled on win 7x64 but still cannot enable bonjour services for home sharing any ideas

i am trying to reenable home sharing - but bonjour services will not reenable in services although it is stating it has - tried to uninstall and reinstall all apple products/services but still no joy
    in preferences -  the Bonjour Services has bee ndisables - bonjour is required to share music with others please re-enable the services to use this feature.
    in services is shows started
    Any ideas
    Dont know if this is also related.  But I couldnt get my iphone to sync anymore so it is now synced to laptop soon to be macbook and my apple TV is also an issue and wont work
    Not having much luck here
    Thanks in advance Del

Sorry for reply to post but I have a new development.  I can get it to work from my laptop if it's connected wireless but as soon as I hard wire it to the router Home share is gone.  Desktop is of course hard wired to the router to get the Gigabit upload speed so I've at least narrowed it down to the hard wiring upload.

• Cannot enable remote content for a just a few sites. Options box will not allow me to enable this feature.

I am using Thunderbird 31.4.0 on my home-built AMD/Asus based desktop computer using Windows 7 (64) Professional. When I first selected an email from Groupon.com and a few others, it, as all first-time emails do, had the remote content blocked. As I have done for every other blocked site that i want to see graphics, I clicked on the Options button then selected "Allow remote content for [email protected]". I also added their email address to my collected addresses in my address book. Neither action changed the look of the email page or revealed the graphics I was looking for. When I clicked on Tools, Options, Privacy, then Mail Content- exceptions, I see the [email protected] site there listed as Status- allow. When I look at the same email on my Samsung tablet, I see the graphics I'm missing on my desktop.
    Very frustrating. Any help would be supremely appreciated.

That are all good points - but Photos is a completely new application. and it is only version 1.
    Continue to use iPhoto, girraween; the next update to Photos will probably add a few more features.
    iPhoto 9.6.1 is working very well with MacOS X 10.10.3.
    The migration let iPhoto installed and also your iPhoto Library will still work with iPhoto.
    If you did not uninstall iPhoto, it will still be there in your Applications folder.  And if you had updated to the latest version iPhoto 9.6.1 before you upgraded to MacOS X 10.10.3,  you can simply drag iPhoto back to the Dock from your Applications folder and continue to use it. Double click iPhoto and confirm, that you want to open iPhoto and not Photos.   It is not compulsory to use Photos, while it it still the first release. When you launch iPhoto, you will see a warning, that the iPhoto Library has been migrated to Photos, but simply click the "Open iPhoto" button.The library will still work with iPhoto. ()see: If Photos won't open a library that you already migrated - Apple Support
    If your iPhoto version is not iPhoto 9.6.1, you need to update it.
    See this User Tip:
    Usually it will work to reinstall instead of updating:
    Get iPhoto 9.6.1 if you didn't update before OS... | Apple Support Communities
    The main idea is to move the iPhoto app to the Trash, so Spotlight does not see it as installed, reload the AppStore, and then to try to download again from the App Store - from your Purchases tab, not from the main page, since you can neither buy iPhoto nor update it, but you can reinstall, if your AppleID is associated with it.
    Meanwhile you may want to send a feature request to Apple using the feedback form. Apple - Photos - Feedback
    I hope, Apple will listen and add more features to Photos to make it usable for large Photo Libraries.

• Cannot enable TLSv1 only for 1.4.2 and beyond

Hi,
    I have a webserver that talks TLSv1 only. When the JVM tries to download the jar files for an applet, the JVM only talks SSLv2. I tried to change the "deployment.properties" file to add "https.protocols=TLSv1", and also tried to add "-Dhttps.protocols=TLSv1" for launch parameters. But so far it only worked on one XP machine.
    I have JVM 1.4.2 and 1.5.0 on these machines.
    Also on Mac and Linux I tried similar things and none worked.
    This is a serious issue because some people may want to use TLSv1 only for their https server to enforce more security.
    Anyone has some suggestions? Thanks.
    Fred

Check out the following thread for details on this issue.
    http://forum.java.sun.com/thread.jspa?forumID=60&threadID=612313

• Cannot enable secure imap authentication

I cannot enable CRAM-MD5 for imap services in server admin. Whenever I select the cram-md5 checkbox and click on save, serveradmin looks as if it's saving the new setting, but the interface always reverts back to "clear".
    This happens when I select cram-md5 and clear, and also when I just select cram-md5 (i.e. require cram-md5).
    I get similar behaviour when I try to enable apop for pop3 mail service.
    Does anybody have any suggestions?

I was scared to attempt the recommended solution of "Reset to Setup Mode" and "Restore Factory Keys", but it actually worked for me!
    U430p

• Cannot enable VLAN on VM

Hi all,
    I cannot enable VLAN identification for VM, when I try to apply I get message: "Error Applying Network Adapter Changes. The Operation on computer 'ServerName' failed.". Previously everything was fine.
    In event viewer I see following error:
    Event ID 95, Source: Hyper-V-VmSwitch
    The VLAN configuration being set on port 036E9BF5-0646-4DC4-967C-B8E4A9A2FB29 (Friendly Name: External_ExternalPort) on switch 749C7BFE-0926-4957-9B95-5D24CE4B1225 (Friendly Name: LAN) is invalid. Reason: VLAN settings other than Access VLAN Id must be zero
    The same situation if I try to uncheck 'Enable VLAN identification' on VM where VLAN was already set. Reboot didn't help. NIC firmware upgrade didn't help.
    Host info: Dell PowerEdge R710, Two Broadcom NET Extreme II NICs inside NIC team created by BACS, HyperV 2012 Server OS.
    How to figure this out?

Sorry, this is my fail.
    I connected to HyperV host from 2008R2 console. With 2012 console everything works fine.

• Can't enable web services for groups (wiki) in WGM

I'm having trouble creating a wiki on my server. More specifically, in WGM, I cannot enable web services for a group. The pull-down menu is accessible, but the only option is "(None)."
    I have users and groups set up in OD (they are not local).
    I have a working default web page.
    I have web services enabled in Server Admin.
    I can create and access user blogs.
    My user and group folders are on a raid drive instead of the main drive - I'm wondering at this point if there's a problem with a folder name or permissions. WGM just doesn't seem to recognize that there's a site on my server.

OK - wikid is failing to start.
    2/5/09 1:36:17 PM com.apple.wikid[37723] Removing stale pidfile /var/run/wikid.pid
    2/5/09 1:36:17 PM com.apple.launchd[1] (com.apple.wikid[37723]) Exited with exit code: 1
    2/5/09 1:36:17 PM com.apple.launchd[1] (com.apple.wikid) Throttling respawn: Will start in 9 seconds
    From the wikid error log:
    2009-02-05 13:36:17-0600 [-] Log opened.
    2009-02-05 13:36:17-0600 [-] twistd 2.5.0 (/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/Resources/Python.app/ Contents/MacOS/Python 2.5.1) starting up
    2009-02-05 13:36:17-0600 [-] reactor class: <class 'twisted.internet.selectreactor.SelectReactor'>
    2009-02-05 13:36:17-0600 [-] twisted.web.server.Site starting on 8086
    2009-02-05 13:36:17-0600 [-] Starting factory <twisted.web.server.Site instance at 0x2eb19e0>
    2009-02-05 13:36:17-0600 [-] twisted.web2.channel.http.HTTPFactory starting on 8087
    2009-02-05 13:36:17-0600 [-] Starting factory <twisted.web2.channel.http.HTTPFactory instance at 0x2eb1648>
    2009-02-05 13:36:17-0600 [-] set uid/gid 94/94
    2009-02-05 13:36:17-0600 [-] Traceback (most recent call last):
    2009-02-05 13:36:17-0600 [-] File "/usr/share/caldavd/bin/twistd", line 21, in <module>
    2009-02-05 13:36:17-0600 [-] run()
    2009-02-05 13:36:17-0600 [-] File "/usr/share/caldavd/lib/python/twisted/scripts/twistd.py", line 27, in run
    2009-02-05 13:36:17-0600 [-] app.run(runApp, ServerOptions)
    2009-02-05 13:36:17-0600 [-] File "/usr/share/caldavd/lib/python/twisted/application/app.py", line 379, in run
    2009-02-05 13:36:17-0600 [-] runApp(config)
    2009-02-05 13:36:17-0600 [-] File "/usr/share/caldavd/lib/python/twisted/scripts/twistd.py", line 23, in runApp
    2009-02-05 13:36:17-0600 [-] _SomeApplicationRunner(config).run()
    2009-02-05 13:36:17-0600 [-] File "/usr/share/caldavd/lib/python/twisted/application/app.py", line 158, in run
    2009-02-05 13:36:17-0600 [-] self.postApplication()
    2009-02-05 13:36:17-0600 [-] File "/usr/share/caldavd/lib/python/twisted/scripts/twistdunix.py", line 213, in postApplication
    2009-02-05 13:36:17-0600 [-] startApplication(self.config, self.application)
    2009-02-05 13:36:17-0600 [-] File "/usr/share/caldavd/lib/python/twisted/scripts/twistdunix.py", line 183, in startApplication
    2009-02-05 13:36:17-0600 [-] app.startApplication(application, not config['no_save'])
    2009-02-05 13:36:17-0600 [-] File "/usr/share/caldavd/lib/python/twisted/application/app.py", line 400, in startApplication
    2009-02-05 13:36:17-0600 [-] service.IService(application).startService()
    2009-02-05 13:36:17-0600 [-] File "/usr/share/caldavd/lib/python/twisted/application/service.py", line 233, in startService
    2009-02-05 13:36:17-0600 [-] service.startService()
    2009-02-05 13:36:17-0600 [-] File "/usr/share/wikid/lib/python/apple_utilities/service.py", line 62, in startService
    2009-02-05 13:36:17-0600 [-] SettingsManager.globalSettings.rebuildIndex())
    2009-02-05 13:36:17-0600 [-] File "/usr/share/wikid/lib/python/apple_utilities/SearchManager.py", line 424, in buildAllIndexes
    2009-02-05 13:36:17-0600 [-] buildSearchIndex(aPath, doRebuild)
    2009-02-05 13:36:17-0600 [-] File "/usr/share/wikid/lib/python/apple_utilities/SearchManager.py", line 406, in buildSearchIndex
    2009-02-05 13:36:17-0600 [-] GroupSqliteIndex.buildSearchIndex(whichPath, forceRebuild)
    2009-02-05 13:36:17-0600 [-] File "/usr/share/wikid/lib/python/apple_utilities/GroupSqliteIndex.py", line 551, in buildSearchIndex
    2009-02-05 13:36:17-0600 [-] con = sqlite.connect(indexDBPath, isolation_level=None)
    2009-02-05 13:36:17-0600 [-] sqlite3.OperationalError: unable to open database file
    I would like to fix this without reinstalling. If there's a way to restore this specific database file or any part of the wiki, I would prefer to do that. Does anyone have an idea what files I should check/restore?

• Tips for blue screen (BSOD) errors with Windows Vista and Intel Turbo Memory on X61/X61s

Important note: The symptoms and solutions described below address only a small subset of the possible causes for blue screen errors, aka BSOD.
    This information can help address blue screen errors specifically
    related to Turbo Memory, but may not solve errors related to other
    issues. Please read through the instructions completely, make sure they
    apply to your system, and after attempting the solutions please post
    back with your feedback for the community.
    Some users may experience random blue screen errors with ThinkPad
    systems running Windows Vista with Intel Turbo Memory hardware. These
    blue screens may occur during normal usage on the system or they may
    occur when booting into Windows Vista. Blue screens related to the
    Intel Turbo Memory hardware may reference a stop code of 8086 with
    memory address locations of {0, 0, 0, 0}.
    There are two main steps that you can take to help resolve blue screen issues related to Intel Turbo Memory.
    Step 1: Update Intel Turbo Memory Driver
    If the driver version is before version 1.0.1.1004-7.0.3.1001, please
    update to this version.
    To determine what version of the Intel Turbo Memory driver is installed:
    1.    Click Start, then click Control Panel.
    2.    Click System and Maintenance.
    3.    Click System.
    4.    Click Device Manager.
    5.    Expand the Storage controllers category.
    6.    Double-click Intel Flash Cache Logic Chip.
    7.    Click the Driver tab. Then you will see the driver version (for example, 1.0.1.1004).
    The new driver and installation instructions can be found here.
    Note: The Intel Matrix Storage Driver is updated with this package.
    Step 2: BIOS version
    If your BIOS version is older than those listed below, please update to the version listed.
    How to check your BIOS version:
    Turn off the system.
    Turn on the system.
    While the To interrupt normal startup, press the blue ThinkVantage button message is displayed at the lower-left area of the screen, press the F1 key.
    The
    BIOS Setup Utility menu will be displayed. If you have set a supervisor
    password, the BIOS Setup Utility menu appears after you enter the
    password.
    Check BIOS Version and Embedded Controller Version.
    Turn off the system.
    System BIOS versions:
    ThinkPad X61 or X61s - BIOS version 1.06 (7NET25WW)
    Please
    remember that these updates do not solve every possible system blue
    screen, but they do resolve several problems related to the Intel Turbo
    Memory driver.
    Tim Supples
    Lenovo Social Media
    Got a question? Don't PM me, post it on the forum!
    Lenovo Blogs
    X60 Tablet SXGA+ primary, Z61p fully loaded workhorse

Dear Tim,
    First off, many thanks for the tips for resolving BSOD with Vista + Turbo Memory on X61.  I've been suffering from this BSOD for countless times since I bought in my X61 7673-CW9 in April 2008.
    Even prior to having the pleasure to visit this wonderful forum, I followed both steps as indicated, and updated my Intel Turbo Memory driver to 1.5.0.1013 and my BIOS to 7NETB4WW (2.14).  However, the BSOD recurrs.
    For the past two months, I've recovered my system to factory default settings using Rescue and Recovery for over twenty times, each time with the latest Intel Turbo Memory driver and BIOS.  Notwithstanding that, BSOD recurrs.
    During these painful experiences, I tried two options: 1) making my X61 up-to-date by using System Update and Windows Update (including Vista SP1 or excluding Vista SP1); 2) keeping my X61 the status as factory default (i.e. without updating through either System Update or Windows Update (the automatic/scheduled update function of both is turned off)).  In either case, BSOD recurrs.
    I'm 100% positive that the BSOD does not arise from any hardware or software/firmware I install.  I never install any hardware (e.g. RAM).  And, it is not caused by any software/firmware I install: the clear and unequivocal evidence is that at one time,I encountered BSOD while having restored back to factory setting and booting for the first time.
    I live in Taiwan, and I seldom heard this BSOD here.  All of my friends (as most of Taiwan residents) using X61 operate in Traditional Chinese environment, whereas I operate in English environment.  In Taiwan, when booting for the first time after purchase/recovery, the Windows Vista Business system provides for lanuage choice (Traditional Chinese or English), and, once chosen, the language cannot be altered later on (unless, of course, the system is restored back to factory default settings).
    My system specs are the same as the day I purchased it and are listed below (as I'm not sure if my machine type X61 7673-CW9 is applicable outside Taiwan):
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T8300 @ 2.4GHz
    Memory: 1.00 G.B.
    System: Windows Vista Business (32-bit)
    Hard Drive: 160 G.B. @ 7,200 r.p.m.
    And, of course, with Intel Turbo Memory 1 G.B.
    I contacted the Lenovo support staff here in Taiwan for countless times, but they seem to be clueless.  I learned that some friends at this forum downgraded their OS back to Windows XP, but I chose not to.  The reason is simple: my purchase price for X61 7673-CW9 includes the Intel Turbo Memory, which cannot function under Windows XP (at least so far).
    Therefore, I just wish to share my experience here and perhaps I can get some advice from you and other friends here.  Any advice will be tremendously and enormously appreciated.
    Kevin Chen @ Taiwan

• ORA-00385: cannot enable Very Large Memory with new buffer cache 11.2.0.2

[oracle@bnl11237dat01][DWH11]$ sqlplus / as sysdba
    SQL*Plus: Release 11.2.0.2.0 Production on Mon Jun 20 09:19:49 2011
    Copyright (c) 1982, 2010, Oracle. All rights reserved.
    Connected to an idle instance.
    SQL> startup mount pfile=/u01/app/oracle/product/11.2.0/dbhome_1/dbs//initDWH11.ora
    ORA-00385: cannot enable Very Large Memory with new buffer cache parameters
    DWH12.__large_pool_size=16777216
    DWH11.__large_pool_size=16777216
    DWH11.__oracle_base='/u01/app/oracle'#ORACLE_BASE set from environment
    DWH12.__pga_aggregate_target=2902458368
    DWH11.__pga_aggregate_target=2902458368
    DWH12.__sga_target=4328521728
    DWH11.__sga_target=4328521728
    DWH12.__shared_io_pool_size=0
    DWH11.__shared_io_pool_size=0
    DWH12.__shared_pool_size=956301312
    DWH11.__shared_pool_size=956301312
    DWH12.__streams_pool_size=0
    DWH11.__streams_pool_size=134217728
    #*._realfree_heap_pagesize_hint=262144
    #*._use_realfree_heap=TRUE
    *.audit_file_dest='/u01/app/oracle/admin/DWH/adump'
    *.audit_trail='db'
    *.cluster_database=true
    *.compatible='11.2.0.0.0'
    *.control_files='/dborafiles/mdm_bn/dwh/oradata01/DWH/control01.ctl','/dborafiles/mdm_bn/dwh/orareco/DWH/control02.ctl'
    *.db_block_size=8192
    *.db_domain=''
    *.db_name='DWH'
    *.db_recovery_file_dest='/dborafiles/mdm_bn/dwh/orareco'
    *.db_recovery_file_dest_size=7373586432
    *.diagnostic_dest='/u01/app/oracle'
    *.dispatchers='(PROTOCOL=TCP) (SERVICE=DWH1XDB)'
    DWH12.instance_number=2
    DWH11.instance_number=1
    DWH11.local_listener='(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS_LIST=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=bnl11237dat01-vip)(PORT=1521))))'
    DWH12.local_listener='(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS_LIST=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=bnl11237dat02-vip)(PORT=1521))))'
    *.log_archive_dest_1='LOCATION=/dborafiles/mdm_bn/dwh/oraarch'
    *.log_archive_format='DWH_%t_%s_%r.arc'
    #*.memory_max_target=7226785792
    *.memory_target=7226785792
    *.open_cursors=1000
    *.processes=500
    *.remote_listener='LISTENERS_SCAN'
    *.remote_login_passwordfile='exclusive'
    *.sessions=555
    DWH12.thread=2
    DWH11.thread=1
    DWH12.undo_tablespace='UNDOTBS2'
    DWH11.undo_tablespace='UNDOTBS1'
    SPFILE='/dborafiles/mdm_bn/dwh/oradata01/DWH/spfileDWH1.ora' # line added by Agent
    [oracle@bnl11237dat01][DWH11]$ cat /etc/sysctl.conf
    # Kernel sysctl configuration file for Red Hat Linux
    # For binary values, 0 is disabled, 1 is enabled. See sysctl(8) and
    # sysctl.conf(5) for more details.
    # Controls IP packet forwarding
    net.ipv4.ip_forward = 0
    # Controls source route verification
    net.ipv4.conf.default.rp_filter = 1
    # Do not accept source routing
    net.ipv4.conf.default.accept_source_route = 0
    # Controls the System Request debugging functionality of the kernel
    kernel.sysrq = 0
    # Controls whether core dumps will append the PID to the core filename
    # Useful for debugging multi-threaded applications
    kernel.core_uses_pid = 1
    # Controls the use of TCP syncookies
    net.ipv4.tcp_syncookies = 1
    # Controls the maximum size of a message, in bytes
    kernel.msgmnb = 65536
    # Controls the default maxmimum size of a mesage queue
    kernel.msgmax = 65536
    # Controls the maximum shared segment size, in bytes
    kernel.shmmax = 68719476736
    # Controls the maximum number of shared memory segments, in pages
    #kernel.shmall = 4294967296
    kernel.shmall = 8250344
    # Oracle kernel parameters
    fs.aio-max-nr = 1048576
    fs.file-max = 6815744
    kernel.shmmni = 4096
    kernel.sem = 250 32000 100 128
    kernel.shmmax = 536870912
    net.ipv4.ip_local_port_range = 9000 65500
    net.core.rmem_default = 262144
    net.core.rmem_max = 4194304
    net.core.wmem_default = 262144
    net.core.wmem_max = 1048586
    net.ipv4.tcp_wmem = 262144 262144 262144
    net.ipv4.tcp_rmem = 4194304 4194304 4194304
    Please can I know how to resolve this error.

CAUSE: User specified one or more of { db_cache_size , db_recycle_cache_size, db_keep_cache_size, db_nk_cache_size (where n is one of 2,4,8,16,32) } AND use_indirect_data_buffers is set to TRUE. This is illegal.
    ACTION: Very Large Memory can only be enabled with the old (pre-Oracle_8.2) parameters

• Tips for blue screen (BSOD) errors with Windows Vista and Intel Turbo Memory on T61/T61p

Important note: The symptoms and solutions described below address only a small subset of the possible causes for blue screen errors, aka BSOD. This information can help address blue screen errors specifically related to Turbo Memory, but may not solve errors related to other issues. Please read through the instructions completely, make sure they apply to your system, and after attempting the solutions please post back with your feedback for the community.
    Some users may experience random blue screen errors with ThinkPad
    systems running Windows Vista with Intel Turbo Memory hardware. These
    blue screens may occur during normal usage on the system or they may
    occur when booting into Windows Vista. Blue screens related to the
    Intel Turbo Memory hardware may reference a stop code of 8086 with
    memory address locations of {0, 0, 0, 0}.
    There are two main steps that you can take to help resolve blue screen issues related to Intel Turbo Memory.
    Step 1: Update Intel Turbo Memory Driver
    If the driver version is before version 1.0.1.1004-7.0.3.1001, please
    update to this version.
    To determine what version of the Intel Turbo Memory driver is installed:
    1.    Click Start, then click Control Panel.
    2.    Click System and Maintenance.
    3.    Click System.
    4.    Click Device Manager.
    5.    Expand the Storage controllers category.
    6.    Double-click Intel Flash Cache Logic Chip.
    7.    Click the Driver tab. Then you will see the driver version (for example, 1.0.1.1004).
    The new driver and installation instructions can be found here.
    Note: The Intel Matrix Storage Driver is updated with this package.
    Step 2: BIOS version
    If your BIOS version is older than those listed below, please update to the version listed.
    How to check your BIOS version:
    Turn off the system.
    Turn on the system.
    While the To interrupt normal startup, press the blue ThinkVantage button message is displayed at the lower-left area of the screen, press the F1 key.
    The
    BIOS Setup Utility menu will be displayed. If you have set a supervisor
    password, the BIOS Setup Utility menu appears after you enter the
    password.
    Check BIOS Version and Embedded Controller Version.
    Turn off the system.
    System BIOS versions:
    ThinkPad T61/T61p (14.1 inch widescreen with IEEE 1394 model) - BIOS version 1.22 (7LET52WW)
    Please
    remember that these updates do not solve every possible system blue
    screen, but they do resolve several problems related to the Intel Turbo
    Memory driver.
    Message Edited by Tim_Lenovo on 11-30-2007 07:03 PM
    Tim Supples
    Lenovo Social Media
    Got a question? Don't PM me, post it on the forum!
    Lenovo Blogs
    X60 Tablet SXGA+ primary, Z61p fully loaded workhorse

Thanks Tim,
    I do have my T61p fully up-to-date to the latest drivers and updates (via System Update and the Drivers&Software web page when the former is not that up-to-date).
    At the moment the most recurrent problem is this:
    http://forum.lenovo.com/lnv/board/message?board.id=T_Series_Thinkpads&thread.id=55
    which has been longly speculated here:
    http://forum.thinkpads.com/viewtopic.php?t=47755
    My other angst is the boot-time chkdsk hang-up problem:
    http://forum.thinkpads.com/viewtopic.php?t=52765&highlight=chkdsk
    I just wonder if this purely a Vista issue when using NV cache, the disk spinning down at almost exactly 1 hour from the beginning of the chdsk operation seems too much of a coincidence.
    This is my T61p configuration:
    Intel Core 2 Duo T7700 2.4GHz
    BIOS version 1.26-1.06
    4GB RAM 2 SO-DIMMs
    nVidia Quadro FX 570m with 512MB VRAM
    WUXGA LCD
    Seagate 7200.2 160 GB
    4GB RAM 2 SO-DIMMs
    Windows Vista Ultimate 32bit (waiting to move to 64bit)
    thanks,
    andrea
    Message Edited by abarbieri on 12-05-2007 03:48 PM
    T61p - 15.4" - T7700 - FX 570M 256MB - 4GB RAM - ST916023AS - 4965AGN - BT - FPR - 9 cell - Vista Ult. x86
    T21p - 14" - PIII 850MHz - S3 Savage/IX 8MB - 512MB RAM - 100GB 7200rpm - WinXP x86

• P1102w cannot enable "HP WEB SERVICES" for sprintConnection error" check

I have a new printer which works fine for wifi printing but I'd like to use web printing which I beleive is called eprint.
    I printed the configuration page and my firmware is 20120814
    I cannot see were my printers email address is.
    I navigated to the printers url and clicked on the tab "hp web services" and clicked on the green button enable but I keep getting the following error message.
    "connection error: check internet connection"
    From the router I can see that both the laptop and printer are on the same network 192.168.0.??
    Can you please advise I suspect I have a fault on the printer but cannot be certain what can I do, I have updated the software on my mac which is running mavericks 10.9.2 , I've even hit the update software and there is no further updates available whch should mean I have the latest software and firmware for the printer.
    Please advise how I may overcome the error when there clearly is no network issue as I can get to the printer to print and go to its web pages without any issues at all?

Hi  paz_egap,
    Thank you for the thorough response, I appreciate it.
    Since you have set a static ip with manual DNS servers and you are still cannot enabled the web services is the firmware up-to-date on the printer.  Please follow the steps in Getting the Firmware and Product Updates.  Once the firmware is current and the printer still has its manual ip address and manual DNS servers you should be okay to enabled the web services on the printer.
    If you are still having an issue after completing the above please call HP’s Cloud Services at 1-855-785-2777 if you live in the USA/Canada region.  If you live outside the USA/Canada region please click here to find the Technical Support number for your country/region.
    Regards,
    Happytohelp01
    Please click on the Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
    Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
    I work on behalf of HP

• T400 win7 turbo memory issue

I've been running Windows 7 for a couple of weeks now & had only a few minor problems.  One that won't go away is the turbo memory issue.  I load the 1.10.0.1012-8.9.2.1002 driver and after the mandatory reboot, device manager says it's running fine.  Then after every subsequent reboot when I check device manager I get an error code (10) telling me the service can't start.  Any ideas?  Searched around before posting, but saw no one posting the same problem.
    FYI, I'm running Win7 Ultimate 64bit, with a 2764CTO.  (and yes the system has turbo memory installed)
    Thanks

Sorta fishing here, but try downloading the latest Win7 driver 8.9.0.1023 for the Intel Matrix Storage Manager from the link I posted above.
    This driver is mentioned in the Intel Turbo Memory Release Notes and may be required for Turbo Memory to work correctly.
    http://downloadmirror.intel.com/18011/eng/ReleaseNotes.pdf
    Here is the link to Intel's Turbo Memory download page.
    http://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&ProductFamily=Chipsets&ProductLine=Chipse...
    But I would think Lenovo would have included the Intel Matrix Storage Manager driver in their Turbo Memory driver download.
    http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/MIGR-67820.html
    T500 ~ T9400 2.53GHz 1066MHz 6MBL2 ~ Vista 32bit Home ~ WXGA 15.4 LED ~ ATI Mobility Radeon 3650 ~ 4GB ram ~ Camera ~ 160GB 7200rpm HD ~ Intel Turbo Memory 2GB ~ CD-RW/DVD ~ Intel WiFi 5300

• Cannot enable "Updates for other Microsoft products" on WSUS client

i cannot enable the checkbox "Give me updates for other Microsoft products when I update Windows" ("Microsoft update" instead of "Windows update").  If I enable it and press ok, the GUI stalls a bit and the check is removed.
    Installing updates from the wsus server works. The client is a 2012 R2 install. 
    From Windows updatelogs, it is clear the client attempt to connect to <HTTPS://sls.update.microsoft.com/SLS/{9482F4B4-E343-43B6-B170-9A65BC822C77}/x64/6.3.9600.0/0?CH=521&L=en-US&P=&PT=0x7&WUA=7.9.9600.17404> when I try to enable
    Microsoft update
    This is not allowed by firewall/proxy, so this obviously fails.This server is located in a secured vlan and should not have access to internet in any way. I suppose client should fetch the .cab from wsus?
    2014-12-17 14:44:45:376 836 137c AU ########### AU: Setting new AU options ###########
    2014-12-17 14:44:45:376 836 137c AU # Policy changed, AU refresh required = No
    2014-12-17 14:44:45:376 836 137c AU # Policy Driven Provider: https://wsusserver.mydomain.tld
    2014-12-17 14:44:45:376 836 137c AU # Detection frequency: 4
    2014-12-17 14:44:45:376 836 137c AU # Approval type: Pre-install notify (Policy)
    2014-12-17 14:44:45:376 836 137c AU # Auto-install minor updates: No (Policy)
    2014-12-17 14:44:45:376 836 137c AU AU settings changed through User Preference.
    2014-12-17 14:44:45:376 836 137c AU WARNING: Failed to get Network Cost info from NLM, assuming network is NOT metered, error = 0x80240037
    2014-12-17 14:44:45:376 836 137c AU WARNING: Failed to get Network Cost info from NLM, assuming network is NOT metered, error = 0x80240037
    2014-12-17 14:44:45:392 836 137c SLS Retrieving SLS response from server...
    2014-12-17 14:44:45:392 836 137c SLS Making request with URL HTTPS://sls.update.microsoft.com/SLS/{9482F4B4-E343-43B6-B170-9A65BC822C77}/x64/6.3.9600.0/0?CH=521&L=en-US&P=&PT=0x7&WUA=7.9.9600.17404
    2014-12-17 14:45:07:267 836 137c Misc WARNING: Send failed with hr = 80072ee2.
    2014-12-17 14:45:07:267 836 137c Misc WARNING: Proxy List used: <(null)> Bypass List used : <(null)> Auth Schemes used : <None>
    2014-12-17 14:45:07:267 836 137c Misc WARNING: Send request failed, hr:0x80072ee2
    2014-12-17 14:45:07:267 836 137c Misc WARNING: WinHttp: SendRequestUsingProxy failed for <HTTPS://sls.update.microsoft.com/SLS/{9482F4B4-E343-43B6-B170-9A65BC822C77}/x64/6.3.9600.0/0?CH=521&L=en-US&P=&PT=0x7&WUA=7.9.9600.17404>. error 0x80072ee2
    2014-12-17 14:45:07:267 836 137c Misc WARNING: WinHttp: SendRequestToServerForFileInformation MakeRequest failed. error 0x80072ee2
    2014-12-17 14:45:07:267 836 137c Misc WARNING: WinHttp: SendRequestToServerForFileInformation failed with 0x80072ee2
    2014-12-17 14:45:07:267 836 137c Misc WARNING: WinHttp: ShouldFileBeDownloaded failed with 0x80072ee2
    2014-12-17 14:45:07:267 836 137c SLS FATAL: SLS:CSLSDownloader::GetUrlContent: DoFileDownload failed with 0x80072ee2
    I can set the cab path myself if I use
    vbscript to register the microsoft update service, but I don't know which cab url I should use for this. 
    I've used the same install image before, but I think all servers had access to internet (via proxy) when doing the first windowsupdate. this is no longer allowed. the image is an MDT installation image that attempt to enable the Microsoft update setting
    with vbs as described in link above.
    Please advice how to resolve this issue. 
    MCP/MCSA/MCTS/MCITP

I was not aware if that, thanks! Is this documented somewhere?
    Well, no, not really. Presumably there is no need to do so. The two environments use completely different classification methodologies which have almost zero relationship to one another.
    The issue is this is checked for in the server security audit, all servers have this setting, but this one hasn't. I will need to be able to motivate/proof this point to our security department.
    I would say your security department maybe needs to do some of their own self-education on how Microsoft's patch management system has worked for the past twenty years, and more recently, how it has worked with SUS/WSUS for the past eleven years. This is not
    new stuff! :-)
    Also odd is that on this server I only have one service in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate\Auto Update\RequestedAppCategories.
    Don't really know much about what's in the ~\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate key either as it's also irrelevant to the WSUS environment.
    Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCSA, MCITP:EA, MCDBA
    SolarWinds Head Geek
    Microsoft MVP - Software Packaging, Deployment & Servicing (2005-2014)
    My MVP Profile: http://mvp.microsoft.com/en-us/mvp/Lawrence%20R%20Garvin-32101
    http://www.solarwinds.com/gotmicrosoft
    The views expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily reflect the views of SolarWinds.

Maybe you are looking for

• Error While Employee Termination  APP-PAY-07490

Dear An employee 130,when i go to terminate of this employee system raise error *'APP-PAY-07490:The person must exist as an employee at the time specified by Date Start*", Can any body help me,how to rectify that problem, Thanks in advance.

• Using OSE with SSL

Hello, I'm trying to use Oracle Servlet Engine (Oracle SE 8.1.7.3) for HTTP+SSL connexion WITHOUT APACHE. I already managed to configure OSE this way in initxxx.ora : mts_dispatchers="(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=myhost.mydomain)(PORT=8092)(DISP=1))(

• How can I pass parameters from report to HTML page

Hi, Does any one know how to pass value from Portal Report to other HTML page (asp for excample). I build a Protal report, and I want jamp to "http://...viewDoc.asp?DocID=DocumentID" URL, by clicking on link, where "DocumentID" is parameter that to b

• Adobe Acrobat vs Nitro Pro 9

I am about to buy either Adobe Acrobat or Nitro Pro 9 Which one should I go for and why ? Thank you

• Tasks/activities of a Basis consultant during SAP implementation

Hi, Could someone share the list of tasks/activities of a Basis resource to handle during an SAP Implementation project. Thanks in advance, Srinivas