Compact Flash Reader for T61?

what is the best way (fastest) to transfer data from Compact Flash to T61? like eSata or expresscard or any cardbus adapter?

Thanks for your reply. 
Is this compatible with T61? - http://www.amazon.com/SIIG-CE-000042-S1-Compact-Reader-Writer/dp/B000Z3Q70E/ref=dp_cp_ob_e_title_2 
Message Edited by sgogula on 05-16-2009 07:32 PM

Similar Messages

• Compact flash reader for apple mac

It will not read my compact flash reader

Any will work. Nothing special is needed for Mac OS X.
    EDIT:
    Then the read you have is broken in someway or the CF card is faulty.
    Mac/OS X doesn't need any special memory card readers. Any and all that connect to a computer by USB or Firewire work just fine on both Mac/OS X and Windows PCs. That is IF the ports you are connecting the reader to are good and the reader is functioning properly and the cards you are inserting are good.
    Any one of those things can and do go bad over time.

• Anyone know of a compact flash reader for 60gb ipod?

i have a nikon d2x and the camera connector downloads fine, but i want to download images to my ipod so i can continue shooting and was hoping there is a media reader available?

If you mean a real barcode scanner, any USB scanner should work as it appears to the computer simply as a keyboard.
    I use Checkout.app, see their list of OS X compatible scanners and receipt printers:
    http://checkoutapp.com/features/#hardware

• Compact flash reader..

hey all.. i'm looking for a nice looking compact flash reader for my new imac.. i'm looking for something like this
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820301005
    just a little more 'stylish' anyone know of anything?
    thanks in advance!

brian,
    I have that same exact flash reader and it works like a champ. It's small enough to carry in my bag, and it's so much easier than a USB flash drive.
    I use it to shutle data between my Dell Axim PDA, the iMac at home and all the computers at school that I need to use.
    It's cheap and easy!

• Compact Flash Reader Needed

Hello.
    I'd really like to get a compact flash reader for my 30GB iPod video, but the only one made appears to be the Belkin one -- and everyone says it's SUPER S-L-O-W. That won't work for me because I shoot RAW and each of my files is 12MB. I have at least 2GB each time I need to offload the card.
    So does a speedy solution exist for current 5G iPods?
    Cheers,
    ALF

If its a direct camera link that you wnat for storing data from your digital camera you can look at this:
    http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore?productLearnMore=M98 61G/A
    If this doesnt help in what your needing then i am sure belkin is the only one if youve done a full search on it.
    GFF

• Zio! USB Compact Flash Reader not recognized

I have a Zio! USB compact flash reader that works perfectly on my Cube and my wife's iMac (17" gooseneck), both running 10.4.9. However, my new MacBook 2.16 doesn't recognize it at all. The indicator light on the Zio! does light up, so I know it is at least getting power. Oh, and for the record, the MacBook is running on AC so I know it's not a batter power question.
    The MacBook does recognize a Kodak camera hooked via USB and also recognizes a Logitech USB trackball that I have.
    Zio! was acquired by Sandisc in 2005 and their website is no help. Also, the Zio! didn't come with a driver, it was always recognized immediately by iPhoto (which by the way, I'm running 6.0.6 and our other Macs are using an older version. Could it be that the newer iPhoto doesn't recognize this reader anymore?

I am not sure if I should start a new thread, but this is related...
    I have an ULTRA 4G FlyDrive (which I LOVE and highly recommend, if anyone is looking/I DON'T recommend SanDisk Cruzers for Mac). Up until yesterday, it has worked with my MacBook without incident from Day 1 (didn't even need to be reformatted!) Suddenly it is not being recognized.
    It does not seem to need a driver, and like your company's website, the ULTRA website is no help.
    One suggestion someone offered was that the USB needed to be powered (or something like that). I still don't know what that means.
    Any other ideas?

• Compact flash reader in second super drive slot? Suggestions/Recommendations?

I would love to add a internal compact flash reader as I do alot of photography. Is there a somewhat easy solutuon to adding one to the open slot under the cd/dvd super drive?
    I coulden't easily find products for this... any suggestions or links to anyone who has done this would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

FAT32 format is OK.
    Another way. You can use a USB flash drive & the camera connection kit.
    Plug the USB flash drive (works the same with an SD card) into your computer & create a new folder titled DCIM. Then put your movie/photo files into the folder. The files must have a filename with exactly 8 characters long (no spaces) plus the file extension (i.e., my-movie.mov; DSCN0164.jpg).
    Now plug the flash drive into the iPad using the camera connection kit. Open the Photos app, the movie/photo files should appear & you can import. (You can not export using the camera connection kit.)
    Using The iPad Camera Connection Kit
    http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4101
    Secrets of the iPad Camera Connection Kit
    http://howto.cnet.com/8301-11310_39-57401068-285/secrets-of-the-ipad-camera-conn ection-kit/
     Cheers, Tom

• Compact Flash reader not working in new iMac

Greetings all-
    I'm trying to help my dad long-distance with his new Intel iMac 20". He is upgrading from a G3 iMac, and his compact flash card reader no longer mounts the card on the desktop. On his old computer he was mounting the card and manually moving photos to his local drive.
    The card itself is an 8MB Lexar compact flash. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers,
    Bill

That's a good question- I will ask him. Would the CF card be considered a hard drive? I know that his boot drive is visible on the desktop. I think that all items (hard drives, discs, iPods, servers) are checked by default in the Finder General preferences in Tiger, but I could be wrong.
    There's a first time for everything!
    Bill

• SanDisk ImageMate Compact Flash Reader No Longer Works

Not sure when this stopped working - I'm guessing after 10.4.6, but here goes.
    I have a SanDisk ImageMate Compact Flash Card reader that used to work fine with Compact Flash Cards from my Canon Digital Rebel XT. Now it no longer works. Tried it on my iMac G5 as well as iBook G3, both running 10.4.6 and neither works. The iBook G3 has a fresh install of Tiger as of a couple days ago.
    Any ideas or solutions to this? I can hook the camera up and everything works fine, but I bought the card reader to avoid this.
    Thanks!

Chuck:
    You've tried it on two running Tiger. Have you tried it on any other machines or can you? It might be that it gave up the ghost, slim but might be the case. You have tried it in all of the various USB ports on those machines, right?
    I had the same problem with a Firewire card reader. Won't mount on my G5 or my wife's G4. I plan on taking it to the local Apple retailer and seeing if it will work on any of their machines. If so then I've got port problems on my macs. I think my reader got zapped.
    You could take it with a card of some photos into a local dealer and give it a try on several display models.

• Flash Reader for ANDROID?

I read a few questions but no comments/responses regarding
    Adobe's plans to support the Android operating system. More
    specifically, are there any plans to develop such a reader for the
    T-Mobile G1 (HTC Dream)? If so, any estimated timeframe?

http://www.jadbox.com/2008/11/flash-player-confirmed-for-android/

• Adobe Flash Reader for Palm Pre

there are some web sites that you need the adobe Flash Reader to watch video, is there anyone that knows how to get it on the palm pre? it shows up saying that i need the latest download, can anyone help me?
    Post relates to: Pre p100eww (Sprint)

The Flash plugin for the Pre is not ready yet. I found a blog post dated today that reports this:
    It’s official: Adobe’s CEO, Shantanu Narayen, announced in the Q2 audio press release that a version of Flash Player 10 beta will be available for Smartphone’s browsers starting this October (during Adobe MAX) . The FP10 will be available on Google Android, Nokia Symbian OS, Window Mobile and Palm Web OS Pre browsers.
    http://elromdesign.com/blog/2009/06/20/its-official-this-october-fp10-beta-will-be-avaliable-on-brow...
    I can't confirm or deny, I don't really follow Adobe news.

• Compact Flash  Reader slow

Before buying the new mac pro (2ghz with2 gigs of ram) I had the G4 mirror door, 1.25 ghz with 1.25 ram. I use the Delkin compact flash card reader, firewire. Last night was the first time I used the computer to download images from my digital camera. I thought to myself, this is really going to be a lot faster than on the G4, wrong! it seemed to take just as long as before, I am using a variety of cards, one of them is the Kingston Ultimate, 4 gigs, 133X. I tried with the reader connected to the firewire port on both the back and front of the computer, no difference. Should this card reader work faster on the new computer? Other question. I don't know if there are card readers that are USB 2, if so, would they be faster?
    thanks

I think Barefeats took a look and reviewed some CF cards and readers, I think focusing on the FW800. But if I recall correctly, the FW800 product has been removed.
    USB2 is going to be as slow or slower than FireWire.
    Things that are faster, cpu, memory, drives, and PCIe.

• What is the best cf card reader for ipad 3 available in uk

what is the best compact flash reader for the ipad 3, available in the uk that works with ios6.  thks

You asked about CF, which is Compact Flash (which is larger than and different from SD cards). CF is used typically in higher end digital cameras.
    Here is the CF reader I recommend:
    Hoodman USB 3.0 Raw Steel UDMA Card Reader for CompactFlash and SD Cards
    http://www.adorama.com/HNRAWUSB3.html?utm_source=ET&utm_medium=TransactionalEmai l&utm_campaign=2point0Product1
    (also available from other sellers, including Amazon and many camera stores simply stock it on their shelf)
    This product reads two kinds of cards -- CF and SD. It is very good at doing those two things (as opposed to cheap readers that read 20+ types of cards and are flimsy and don't work all that well and don't last).
    This Hoodman device is ruggedly built, largely metal, and has a special pin guard "drop door" that protects the numerous delicate pins in the reader from accidental damage, which is what often happens to these CF readers -- namely a few of the many delicate pins get bent unintentionally after a period of use. This has been the bane of CF and its readers, those many delicate pins. This Hoodman design directly addresses the issue and from the reviews I've read and my daughter's experience with it, they seem to have succeeded.
    It comes with USB 3.0, which is very fast (if you have the 3.0 port), and it works as USB 2.0 if you have the older interface. It reads the latest and fastest of the CF cards as well.

• Macintosh Color Classic Compact Flash Card

Hi All,
    So I purchased 6 Macintosh Color Classic's for $15 each with Apple IIe cards and Apple Ethernet cards. They are in excellent condition. They came with 60mb HDs. I would like to upgrade the HD with something bigger. What I would like to get is a SCSI to IDE to Compact Card convertor. I have seen some SCSI to IDE convertors. Ideally I would pop in a Compact Flash Card and partition it. What would really be cool is to remove the internal HD and replace it with a Compact Flash Reader and add a slot in the front so I can swap them out and boot.
    Do any of you know of a product that will work and have actually used? I know there are some, but I want to be certain it will work with the Classic.
    In the meantime; Would a SCSI 2 Seagate Cheetah drive work with a 50 pin adaptor? I have 7.1 but will go to 7.6.1 as soon as I have a bigger drive.
    Thanks,
    WillGonz

Are you sure you really want to spend a hundred to two hundred dollars on a $15 computer?
    http://www.google.ca/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=scsito+ideconverter&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&redir_esc=&ei=zQJyTNvHKYqbnwfhi63ACA
    The big problem is that the hard drive caddy and adaptor that attaches to the back of the hard drive are not designed with any wiggle room for something in between so you would have to fashion something else for a plate. Then the issue might become whether or not everything will still fit in the slot or line up with the connectors....
    I've adapted CF cards to work in Aspire One laptops and unless you pop for the fast $$$ cards these things are dogs so again not sure if that is such a great solution.
    RE the adapted SCSI 2 drive same problem as above with the hard drive caddy and the strip that attaches the hard drive to the CC. Personally I would say you are out of luck on this as well.
    Kevin

• Can't copy multiple files from compact flash via USB3

Problems on MacBook Pro Retina 15-inch with Mavericks installed...
    I am not able to copy multiple files from an attached Lexar USB3 Compact Flash reader (card is 128GB Lexar UDMA 7 compliant).  Files are video files and when I try to copy more than one at a time the screen of my MacBook Pro flashes "off" and back "on" and the copy process ceases...
    Any fixes for this???

See: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5471050?tstart=60
    Update the firmware of your USB 3.0 card reader.  It's weird to think there is firmware on the thing, but it worked for me!

Maybe you are looking for

• My iphone won't connect to itunes or my computer!

For some reason when I updated to the new itunes my iphone 4 stopped connecting to my computer and itunes. I have tried restarting my computer and my iphone but nothing is working. I have tried plugging in different plugs thinking something with the

• EDI1 price is not coming from ORder ack

Hello Team we are facing one issue in the system, where when we create PO, EDI1 and EDi2 are coming at the time of order creation ideally EDi1 , EDi2 should update at the time of order conformation, but in our system EDi1 comes from the last vendor c

• Help - DVD freezes halfway through movie!

I've tried burning something that is 1hr and 32 minutes long... but both times I've burned it, it freezes sometime during the 47 minute mark. When I say it freezes, I mean when it's finished burning, and I try it in a DVD player, it starts freezing a

• Error messages tables

Hi All, i want to know in which table stores all the errors information for opportunities in CRM. Thanks

• BizTalk and Azure

hi, For one of our client we are designing an integration solution with BizTalk Server 2013 R2 and need help to design (with best practices) corresponding into Azure. Need help on what we need to consider while moving an existing application/infrastr