Does Presentation Director support rotated monitors on nVidia cards in a T61?

I'm finding it doesn't. Some of the people here have extra monitors they like to rotate 90 degrees. Presentation Director is not happy.
Any ideas?
ThinkPad T61 15 Widescreen with nVidia Quadro graphics 6459CTO
Windows 7 Enterprise and Windows XP Pro

I'm finding it doesn't. Some of the people here have extra monitors they like to rotate 90 degrees. Presentation Director is not happy.
Any ideas?
ThinkPad T61 15 Widescreen with nVidia Quadro graphics 6459CTO
Windows 7 Enterprise and Windows XP Pro

Similar Messages

• Does the iPad3 support external monitors, allowing you to scan across two screens?

Does the iPad3 support external monitors, allowing you to scan across two screens?

Some apps, such as Keynote, support different displays on the iPad screen and an external display. The iPad does not span it's "desktop" across screens, though; it only mirrors.
    Regards.

• FAQ: Does SpeedGrade CC support external monitoring?

Yes, SpeedGrade CC includes Adobe Mercury Transmit for external monitoring via selected third-party video I/O cards on Mac OS and Windows®.
    More info:
    Set up dual displays in Adobe SpeedGrade CC
    Setting up Mercury Transmit in Adobe SpeedGrade CC

The Macbook does support dual monitors. I used it on the last presentation I did back in November of last year. It worked great. I did use keynote for that. Just make sure you set it up in the options of the slide show and it will work.
    Hope this helps.

• Does PSE 12 Support Dual Monitors?

If anyone knows, I would appreciate it. Thanks,

Yes, PSE12 does support dual monitors. Please let me know if you face any issues.
    ~Surendra

• Does LabVIEW 2009 support multiple monitors?

Does LabVIEW 2009 support the use of multiple monitors for development? Screen real estate use in LabVIEW is difficult. It would help if the developer could use more than one monitor.
    In LabVIEW 2009 can you pin certain items to appear or pop up only on a specific monitor?
    Can you have Front panels only show up on one monitor and Block Diagrams on another monitor?
    How is this done?

dbaechtel wrote:
    Does LabVIEW 2009 support the use of multiple monitors for development? Screen real estate use in LabVIEW is difficult. It would help if the developer could use more than one monitor.
    In LabVIEW 2009 can you pin certain items to appear or pop up only on a specific monitor?
    Can you have Front panels only show up on one monitor and Block Diagrams on another monitor?
    How is this done?
    Not exactly like this, but LabVIEW VIs remember thier last location when saved and will come up at that positiont, unless that is entirely out of the current desktop in which case they will default back to the primary monitor.
    Also VI server supports multiple monitors too by giving you back a list of monitor rectangles so you could do a little utility that runs in the background to do what you want. Most likely you will not like such a deamon that pulls your diagrams and panels around as you move them on your screen, but you can try it out.
    Rolf Kalbermatter
    CIT Engineering Netherlands
    a division of Test & Measurement Solutions

• Does Photoshop CC support dual monitors

I just got off a chat with PS CC support. Since the latest update I have to click several times on photos edited in Camera Raw before they open in PS. The support person tells me that Adobe does not recommend the use of dual monitors. I have been using dual monitors for over 5 years, my computer has plenty of horsepower and every photographer or designer I know uses at least two monitors and sometimes more. It seems ridiculoyus to me that Adobe would say this. Has anyone else run into this concern? Thanx
    Jim Cummings. 

Jim, can you correlate the delay with anything other than Photoshop/Bridge?  What drive is the Bridge cache saving to?  What drive is Photoshop's primary scratch space assigned to?   I'm wondering if those drives are needing to wake up from sleep mode.
    If this is happening with previously processed RAW files, could it be to do with their Sidecar files?  Do virgin RAW files open OK?  You could try converting to DNG perhaps.  John Nack blogged about saving a ton of drive space converting all his RAW files to DNG a few days ago.  Whoops!  I just checked and it was to do with Lightroom
    http://jnack.com/blog/2014/06/21/i-just-saved-a-gig-of-hd-space-in-90-seconds/
    What's you internet connection like, and are you using Sync Settings?  Have you installed any new fonts?
    Jeff Tranberry has an excellent trouble shooting step by step guide at:
    Photoshop: Basic Troubleshooting steps to fix most issues

• Cisco SX10 - Does presentation HDMI support stereo audio

Hi All,
    I have an SX 10 installed, when sending audio in a presentation it only plays one channel of the audio (mono) not both, is this normal?

Hi,
    i have also noticed that part, but surely your left and right channels should then be combined into one channel.
    What is happening is that only one part (Right channel) of the audio clip is played during a presentation.

• Does Equium M70 support 4GB or 8GB SDHC card

Could anyone help please?
    My laptop reads standard sd cards fine (1gb),
    However i want to buy a 4gb or 8gb SDHC card to transfer pictures from my camera onto my laptop and then onto my ipod.
    Cant find any info in the manual
    Any replies really appreciated
    Thanks, Mark

Hi!
    The Equium M70 supports only SD cards up to 1GB so SDHC cards will not work.
    You can find this information in the user manual. I have checked it and so I know this.
    If you dont have the user manual you can download it on the Toshiba website.
    Bye

• Does Enterprise 220R support Gigaswift Ethernet VTP Adapter card?

In the document "Sun Gigaswift Ethernet Adapter Installation & User's Guide" there is a list of all the other models of Sun servers except 220R which can support the
    Gigaswift Ethernet VTP Adapter card.
    My colleague said that the 220R might support the card but due to it is old model so it is not mentioned in the list.
    Can you please confirm that.
    Thanks,
    qn

Glance at the components list for the system.
    It's part of the Sun System Handbook link.
    http://sunsolve.sun.com/handbook_pub/Systems/E220R/component s.html
    Yes, it's supported.
    E220R, U60, Netra 1120, and Metra 1125 all share the same systemboard.
    Copper media -- <i><b>U</b>n<b>T</b>wisted <b>P</b>air</i> -- and Fiber media versions of the cards are both supported

• Hp t5510 support dual monitors

does hp t5510 support  dual monitors ?
    we can not get the DVI-D port to work at all
    any ideas?
    Dawn

When requesting assistance, please provide the complete model name and product number (p/n) of the HP computer in question. HP/Compaq makes thousands of models of computers. Without this information it may be difficult or impossible to assist you in resolving your issue.
    The above requested information can be found on the side, bottom or back of your computer, or on the startup BIOS screen. DO NOT include your serial number. Please enter the model/product information into HP's Online Consumer Support page and post it here for our review.
    If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
    Please click the White KUDOS "Thumbs Up" to show your appreciation
    Frank
    {------------ Please click the "White Kudos" Thumbs Up to say THANKS for helping.
    Please click the "Accept As Solution" on my post, if my assistance has solved your issue. ------------V
    This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I don't work for HP.
    HP 15t-j100 (on loan from HP)
    HP 13 Split x2 (on loan from HP)
    HP Slate8 Pro (on loan from HP)
    HP a1632x - Windows 7, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
    HP p6130y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
    HP p6320y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
    HP p7-1026 - Windows 7, 6GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
    HP p6787c - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240

• Let's Be Honest / Save Time: Lenovo T430s (NVIDIA) DOES NOT Support Multiple Monitors

There have been a few comments / complaints / articles around the web regarding the T430s and difficulties using multiple monitors.
    But since this capabilitiy is clearly documented in all of Lenovo's specifications and marketing literature, I went ahead and bought an i7, NVIDIA, SSD, T430s with the docking station and all the bells and whistles to facilitate 3 or even 4 monitors.
    Well please listen and let's be clear:  IT DOES NOT WORK. Therefore, to be clear:
    DO NOT BUY THIS MACHINE AND DOCK IF YOU WANT IT TO LIVE UP TO ITS MULTI MONITOR PROMISE.
    In the two weeks since FedEx arrived, here is the deal:
    1) I fussed around with the dock and monitors at home and the office to no avail, for most of TWO weekends.  (I am not a beginner).
    2) Then, I spoke to Lenovo in Atlanta's tech support for THREE HOURS.  No results
    3) I spoke to Lenovo's "premium support" (paid) for FOUR HOURS.  No results.
    4) I consulted with a 3rd party expert on mulitple monitors who was kind enough to remote into my machine for another HOUR.  No results.
    5) Muliple parties have confirmed that yes, all hardware is working and yes, everything can be seen in device manager, and yes, the NVIDA card is properly switched on in the BIOS, yes I bought the i7 version etc.
    6) And just in case, yes, we wiped the drive clean for a factory reset, yes we unistalled and reinstalled all the drivers and yes, we even deleted the Lenovo driver just in case the NVIDIA driver was newer or better and yes, we double checked the settings in the BIOS again.
    7) Yes, we tried every connector in the dock AND the laptop:  VGA, DVI, DP and mini DP - in EVERY possible combination.
    And NO, IT STILL DOESN'T WORK. AT ALL.  Two screens, take your pick, but THAT'S IT.
    Finally, not one but TWO technicians asked me to not quote them (so I wont mention any names) but that in their opinion IT JUST DOESNT WORK AT ALL, EVER, despite Lenovo's claims / insistance that it is configured for 3 and even 4 monitors.
    So the final conclusion was only that Lenovo must have rushed this T430 spec / configuration / capability to market (including the glossy brochures!) before figuring out that something is missing in the handshake between the mother board and the NVIDIA card? 
    Or in the firmware re swithing between the Intel (internal) and NVIDA card? 
    Or something else which prevents the NVIDIA card from seeing the ports on the laptop or the dock?
    In summary 1) you get NOTHING from the NVIDIA upgrade and with respect to more than 2 monitors, IT JUST DOES NOT WORK, AT ALL, EVER, PERIOD and END OF STORY.
    I too am a die hard old school Thinkpad enthusiast and with the company's service could match their classic products.
    I have an X201 that I generall love, but would appreciate more speed, an SSD and I have to drive at least 3 external monitors, using at least 1920 x 1080 resolution.
    Perhaps a W series Thinkpad would work, but I also travel so going up to the T430s was already a sacrifice vs the small size of the X201.
    There are some 3rd party solutions but they are expensive and not so sure how plug and play they are with 3 or more monitors - what the T430s and Mini Dock 3.0 are SUPPOSED TO DO.  But they dont.
    Not giving up yet, but this has been a real bummer.
    PS
    Lenovo was very focused, efficient, and uncompromising when charging my CC for "premium" support.
    Solved!
    Go to Solution.

Thors,
    Thank you and happy to report, albeit after all the hours and now weekend number 3:
    1) For the moment, I am able to repeat the 3 screen performance using mini DP from the Thinkpad and 2 DPs from the dock to the external monitors
    AND
    2) For the first time ever, I am just now for the first time running the 3rd external monitor from the VGA port on the dock.
    That is what I meant by using the various ports on the dock, so that the Thinkpad can simply be docked and undocked without connecting the mini DP - the purpose of a dock obviously.  As stated in other threads and articles, various configurations of the dock ports supposedly work to achieve 3 external screens, but until today was not able to do this.
    That is the good news and thank you for all help.
    The bad news is I stil have no clear idea why this has been so difficult, or where the problem lives that consumed so many hours of my own time and many hours with Lenovo tech support as stated above.
    Some success seems to have happened only after more than one set of LONG updates to Windows 7 (?)
    If I can replicate this set up the office (where I have 3 of the same monitors) I will be almost there.
    Thank you again to all for help and support.

• Presentation Director Monitor Drop Down Menus Blank

I'm trying to get Presentation Director functioning properly, but there are a couple of screwy things going on:
    If I check the properties of the "Capture" profile, it has the resolution of external monitor incorrect. (1920 x 1200 Vs Captured 1024X768). Yes, even after re-capturing.
    When I go to edit a profile, the drop-down menus for both the built-in LCD and external monitor for resolution and color quality are blank. Both the standing values and the contents of the drop-downs are blank.
    (I'd post a picture, but the work firewall won't let me get to any image hosting options.)
    Relevant Info:
    W510
    nvidia Quadro FX 880M
    Newest nvidia drivers
    Newest presentation director (4.62)
    Got rid of nvidia NView crapware, but the NVidia desktop manager is still present. It actually recognizes the proper resolutions for each display, but doesn't have any good way of quickly switching display setups like PD does.
    Any suggestions?

I assumed you were running XP.  This video driver persistency feature is implemented on XP as well as Vista/Win7.  I don't know why the PD settings are blank.
    For your first two scenarios, you should be able to configure that one time manually and then have the video driver automatically remember the settings as you connect and disconnect the display.  First, with no monitor connected, configure the TPLCD how you want it.  Then connect the monitor and configure both it and the TPLCD how you want them.  Then disconnect the monitor and the TPLCD should automatically revert to the settings you specified when the monitor wasn't connected.  Then reconnect the monitor and the settings for both monitor and TPLCD should revert to the settings you specified when the monitor was connected previously.  Have you tried it?  This is a very common configuration scenario that I know many customers are using successfully without the assistance of PD or any other software.
    For your last two scenarios, you will just need to experiment to see if the the persistency works or not, like I said it depends on how old the projectors are.  If it doesn't work, or if you are frequently connecting to different projectors, then you should be able to use PD for the projector ONLY!  don't try to use PD to control the TPLCD.

• Does NVS 4200m support 120hz on external monitor?

I ask in reference to using 3dvision but I've connected a 3dvision capable monitor (essentially supports 120hz refresh) but the driver does not list 120hz refresh option.  Nvidia website isn't clear on the NVS 4200m capabilities so can someone tell me whether or not I should be able to get 120hz refresh out of the card?
    Thanks
    Ken

ksdehoff wrote:
    Displayport.  For now I've got a passive Displayport to DVI adapter so it only does single link but I've tried running 1280x720x120hz which is within the capability of single link - but no 120hz option.
    Window might not be detecting the display correctly, see if you can find a driver for the monitor. If not you'll have to force it.

• Need videocard that supports dual monitors and Rotation -for PowerMac G5

I'm looking for a videocard that supports dual monitors and Rotation for PowerMac G5. I've got two Dell 2407WFP monitors rotated to 90 -I've been running an ATI Radeon X1900 256 pcie16 but apparently it is over heating -not even exactly sure if that indeed is the case but all the symptoms I've looked up online point to this problem. Anyways -just looking for a card that will do the job -I don't run games -this is just for work machine doing photoshop and related programs. Thanks for any help anyone may have!

Hi-
    A flashed card is a WinPC card that has been modified to accept a Mac ROM to provide for Mac compatibility.
    Occasionally, soldering and other physical modifications are required.
    Without this modification, a WinPC graphics card cannot be used in a MAc.
    Without this modification, Mac users are limited to only a handful of used, OEM options.
    The Geforce 7800 GS is the only 7800 card that may be used in a G5 (or G4).
    The card must have been or be converted to Mac compatibility.
    For dual monitors (DVI) the best performance choices are the Geforce 6800 Ultra (flashed or OEM), a rare, but occasionally available Geforce 6800 GT (flashed), an OEM Radeon X800XT (use ADC/DVI adapter on ADC port) a rare and expensive Radeon FireGL X800 (flashed).
    These are the only performance oriented cards to offer dual digital display support.
    For less demanding graphics work, an OEM Radeon 9650 offers dual digital output.
    Other OEM graphics cards will have either DVI/DVI or ADC/DVI.
    All OEM graphics cards are only available as used.
    All cards are easiest to obtain on eBay.
    Prices vary, but deals can be found.
    Expect to pay $150-$325 for any of the cards listed.
    Any card considered MUST be stated as Mac compatible, unless you are willing to research and learn how to perform the necessary modifications.

• Does firefox 5 support wide gamut or profiled monitors or sRGB, Adobe RGB, or ProPhoto RGB files?

How does ff5 support sRGB, AdobeRGB, and or ProPhoto RGB? How does ff5 support profiled monitors?

How does ff5 support sRGB, AdobeRGB, and or ProPhoto RGB? How does ff5 support profiled monitors?

Maybe you are looking for

• Can't Back up to External Hard drive

i'm trying to use a lacie 500GB to back up my imac 10.4 prior to upgrading. Shop said i should use the Firewire 800, but my computer doesn't have a port which fits.  I am using the firewire 400 but every time i try and use the lacie set up assistant

• Ipod 32GB 2nd Gen Wifi issues causing bigger problems?

Hi I got my Ipod replaced with a refurbished one this past summer because the headphone jack stopped working. The refurbished ipod's internet connections seemed slower than my original but I thought nothing of it because I had moved to a new place an

• What programe to convert dvd to ipod format

what program should i use to convert, dvd films to ipod format?

• Calling ABAP Extracts into XI

Calling ABAP Extracts into XI What is my understanding for the above scenario will be follows 1. Build the ABAP extract (basically SQL from what I understand).  This SQL dictates the structure for master table. 2. Build a BAPI wrapper around the extr

• Resetting all visited pages' zoom to default (0)

So I put my MacBook Pro on the TV via HDMI cable and zoomed on some pages so everyone can see. Now, all of the pages that I was on are zoomed. I can manually reset each page using CMD+0 but there were a lot of pages and I would like to reset the zoom