How to make a *full* backup (including the hidden partition), free solution prefered =) [T400]

Hi,
I'm planning on messing with my system a little (re-partition, install linux) and I want a full-proof recovery plan. This should work in case I *completely* mess up my HD (bad boot records, destroyed partitions, etc.)
I have an external hard drive with plenty of free space. How would I make a completely backup; something that would restore everything (including the hidden partition) to its current state?
Is there any way to do this using free/opensource?
Keep in mind that if there's a linux app that can do this, I can just boot up using a live CD and run the app from there.
Thanks in advance.

Vista or XP? What is/was the partition layout? IIRC, w/XP the 2nd partition is the service partition (hd0,1) and with Vista it is the first (hd0,0).  I don't know if that is always the case, so how is your drive layed out?
ISTR that with XP the service partition is "hidded' by using an ID of 12 (or something) even though it is a FAT32 partition.  Grub might be unhappy with the ID.  Changing it to "C" might let it boot. That's just a WAG.  My recollection is that the ID only affected where I could install the grub files, not what I could boot.
I've got some old notes here somewhere:  www.beezmo.com/ThinkPadT61.htm maybe in "partitioning" or Windows XP.
   **** grrr.  the insert link thingy isn't working.  the link above is literally correct, but the forum is inserting some invisible characters ****
I don't know clonezillla.  Will it let you restore only one of the partitions?  If so, do a restore to factory (with the recovery media you made immediately on receiving the laptop) and then restore only the Vista or XP partition from clonezilla.
HTH,
Z.
Message Edited by zoltanthegypsy on 01-07-2009 06:47 AM
Message Edited by zoltanthegypsy on 01-07-2009 06:48 AM
Message Edited by zoltanthegypsy on 01-07-2009 06:50 AM
Message Edited by zoltanthegypsy on 01-07-2009 06:53 AM
Message Edited by zoltanthegypsy on 01-07-2009 08:00 AM
The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.  The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored. ... GeezBlog
English Community   Deutsche Community   Comunidad en Español   Русскоязычное Сообщество

Similar Messages

• How to make a FULL backup of the MBP

Hi, I have to sent the MBP in because I have some strange noises. The question is how can I backup my full computer like it is now, erase ( format) it and play the whole thing on it again, when I finaly get the repaired one back.
    I could use one of my FW 500 drives.
    Any ideas??
    Thanks

I recommend Super Duper as well. I use it batch mode to automatically back up my iMAC every night at 2 am. It's saved my life a couple of times- once my disk crashed (under warranty)and what could have been a disaster (1000's of irreplaceable photos) was a 2 day inconvenience.
    Now and then I boot up from my backup on my firewire drive, wipe, check and reformat my internal hard disk, copy back all my files and I'm good to go

• How to make a full backup of my iPad without using iTunes

I need to make a full backup of my iPad.  I am using the Vudu app and have many movies downloaded to my iPad.  I have performed a backup of my iPad from iTunes onto my Macbook Pro.  The mobile backup files on my laptop are not nearly big enough for the 20+ movies (at lease 1/2 to1 GB each).   Because of this I do not believe iTunes has made a full backup including the movies.  I want to avoid having to re-download all the movies if/when the iPad drive fails.  I want a complete backup such as Time Machine or using some other external hard drive or app on my MacBook Pro.
    I bought a Seagate Wireless Plus 1TB Mobile Cloud Storage with Built-in WiFi Streaming (STCK1000100) external hard drive and installed the Seagate Media App.  I can, via the app on the iPad, see the device and copy to and from it.  But, it only allows access to music, movies in iTunes (not any movies in Vudu), and things like documents on my iPad.  It does not allow access to all the files inclding system files stored on the iPad.  I also tried another Seagate non wireless external drive that I connected directly to the iPad but the Seagate Media app does not communicate with or recognize the device from the iPad.
    I also bought DiskAid software that supposedly will make a complete backup of an App on a mobile device and installed it on my laptop.  I was able to make a complete backup of the Vudu app from the iPad onto my laptop, but in a test could not restore it to my iPad.  The backup file, though, was the right size, about 26 GB.  The DiskAid techs are looking into that.  I was able to use DiskAid to backup another app in a test (Hertz).  That app made a backup of the Hertz app onto my laptop, I deleted the app on my iPad, then I was able to restore it.  But right now the restore option is not working for Vudu.
    Another option would be to copy the movie files off of the iPad onto my Laptop, but the iPad does not appear in the finder window on the Laptop.
    I have about decided my MacBook Pro laptop will have to be the main repository for all the downloaded movies, since I can make a Time Machine backup of everything. 
    It is very frustrating to not be able to make a full backup of everything on my iPad.
    Anyone else have any ideas?   Apple - when are you going to provide a way to make a full backup of an iPad?

I recommend Super Duper as well. I use it batch mode to automatically back up my iMAC every night at 2 am. It's saved my life a couple of times- once my disk crashed (under warranty)and what could have been a disaster (1000's of irreplaceable photos) was a 2 day inconvenience.
    Now and then I boot up from my backup on my firewire drive, wipe, check and reformat my internal hard disk, copy back all my files and I'm good to go

• How to make a bootable backup of the operating system

Hi,
    I am given the task to make a bootable backup of the OS (Solaris 9). I know I can use ufsdump to backup the system in single user mode. However, to make a backup bootable, shall I backup the file system to a DVD? Any advice will be greatly appreciated!
    Cinderella

i call it cloning the disk . you can install boot block as mentioned in second solution of cloning disk
    e.g
    # /usr/sbin/installboot /usr/platform/`uname -i`/lib/fs/ufs/bootblk /dev/rdsk/c1t2d1s0
    ################## solution 1 ####################################
    dd if=/dev/rdsk/c0t1d0s2 of=/dev/rdsk/c0t4d0s2 bs=2048
    ############### solution 2 #####################3333
    Now this is through but if the disk are from the same vendor (I tested also
    dd on disks with different vendors and it function well) and if it the disk
    are the same size my opinion is to use the dd command because it is easier
    to be done. Anyway if the disk are not from the same size or vendor it could
    be done also with ufsdump and ufsrestore. Here how it works and what I did
    if your would like to clone a disk with ufsdump and ufsrestore:
    For testing we have two disks:
         c1t2d0     (Source Disk)
         c1t2d1     (Destination Disk)
    The source disk has the following layout (slice 4 and 5 are for Disksuite
    metadb's but are not initialized or configured):
         0 root wm 0 - 634 471.29MB (635/0/0)
         1 var wm 635 - 2014 1.00GB (1380/0/0)
         2 backup wm 0 - 2732 1.98GB (2733/0/0)
         3 swap wu 2015 - 2704 512.11MB (690/0/0)
         4 unassigned wm 2705 - 2718 10.39MB (14/0/0)
         5 unassigned wm 2719 - 2732 10.39MB (14/0/0)
         6 unassigned wm 0 0 (0/0/0)
         7 unassigned wm 0 0 (0/0/0)
    On our testsystem the disk are the same size. Firstable the layout/label
    from the source disk must be copied to the destination disk because with
    ufsdump and ufsrestore this information will not be transfered to the
    destination disk because this commands are based on filesystem. This is also
    a difference between dd and ufsdump because dd copies also the information
    from labels and layouts because this command is based on blocks and not on
    filesystem. Here it is how it wors to copy the information from
    layout/label:
         # prtvtoc /dev/rdsk/c1t2d0s0 > /tmp/z
         # fmthard -s /tmp/z /dev/rdsk/c1t2d1s0
         fmthard: New volume table of contents now in place.
    The slice 0 from the destination disk has now the same layout like the
    source disk. This could be controlled with the command:
         # format
    To transfer the information from slice 0 source disk to the slice 0
    destination disk the destination disk must be prepared to work on it. It
    means at the moment there is no filesystem on this disk. To do this use the
    command newfs. No option are neccessary because for default the filesystem
    would be ufs. Only the raw device/slice must given to the command that newfs
    knows what exactly must be don:
         # newfs /dev/rdsk/c1t2d1s0
         newfs: /dev/rdsk/c1t2d1s0 last mounted as /
         newfs: construct a new file system /dev/rdsk/c1t2d1s0: (y/n)? Y
    Now we have a filesystem on slice 0 and we could mount the slice 0. This
    would be made with the command mount and option -F for filesystem = ufs and
    -o for read or write = rw and at least which slice = 0. At the end of the
    command is the device with the slice which must be mounted:
         # mount -F ufs -o rw /dev/dsk/c1t2d1s0 /mnt
    Now the device is mounted. With the following command ufsdump 0f = slice 0
    and / = partition the filesystem / would be dumped. The whole dump would be
    piped (I hope this is the correct english word) to the command ufsrestore
    which would be executed in the mounted directory ufsresore and extracts the
    dump.
         # ufsdump 0f - / | ( cd /mnt ;ufsrestore xvf - )
         Add links
         Set directory mode, owner, and times.
         set owner/mode for '.'? [yn] y
         Directories already exist, set modes anyway? [yn] y
         DUMP: 405886 blocks (198.19MB) on 1 volume at 406 KB/sec
         DUMP: DUMP IS DONE
    After given the command, the partition / from source disk and / from the
    destination disk looks based on files absolutly the same but there is a
    information which MUST be changed and it is the information in "/etc/vfstab"
    because on the destination disk in this file are the information from the
    source disk (it means source disk will be mounted on the device c1t2d0 and
    the destination diks on the device c1t2d1). This information must be changed
    in "/etc/vfstab" on the destination disk:
         # vi /mnt/etc/vfstab
         ---------- /mnt/etc/vfstab ----------
         #device device mount FS fsck
    mount mount
         #to mount to fsck point type pass at
    boot options
         #/dev/dsk/c1d0s2 /dev/rdsk/c1d0s2 /usr ufs 1 yes
         fd - /dev/fd fd - no -
         /proc - /proc proc - no -
         /dev/dsk/c1t2d1s3 - - swap - no -
         /dev/dsk/c1t2d1s0 /dev/rdsk/c1t2d1s0 / ufs 1
    no
         /dev/dsk/c1t2d1s1 /dev/rdsk/c1t2d1s1 /var ufs 1
    no
         swap - /tmp tmpfs - yes -
         ---------- /mnt/etc/vfstab ----------
    Now we changed the information and the work is done on slice 0. We can now
    umount the slice 0:
         # umount /mnt
    Proceed with the other slice similar like explained before. In our example
    it would be:
         # newfs /dev/rdsk/c1t2d1s1
         newfs: /dev/rdsk/c1t2d1s1 last mounted as /var
         newfs: construct a new file system /dev/rdsk/c1t2d1s1: (y/n)? y
         # mount -F ufs -o rw /dev/dsk/c1t2d1s1 /mnt
         # ufsdump 1f - /var | ( cd /mnt ;ufsrestore xvf - )
         Set directory mode, owner, and times.
         set owner/mode for '.'? [yn] y
         Directories already exist, set modes anyway? [yn] y
         # umount /mnt
    Slice 4 and 5 are in our example not importante because this slice as
    explained are for Disksuite metadb's and on the source disk there are at the
    moment no information and no filesystem because Disksuite was not
    initialized or configured.
    It is a good idea to check the slices which where transfered files before.
    This could be done with the command fsck:
         # fsck /dev/rdsk/c1t0d1s0
         # fsck /dev/rdsk/c1t0d1s1
         # fsck /dev/rdsk/c1t0d1s2
         # fsck /dev/rdsk/c1t0d1s4
         # fsck /dev/rdsk/c1t0d1s5
    Now it seems that all what done but something is missing!? The destination
    disk looks now like the source disk with one exception; there is NO
    boot-block on the destination disk. If you don't create a boot-block the
    destination disk would never be bootable. To do this the system where it
    must be done must be from the same architecture like the source disk it
    means if the source disk is based on sun4m and you give now the command from
    a architecture like sun4u to the destination disk the boot-block would not
    work. This is what by me happens by the test (source disk based system on
    sun4m > to install boot-block I tried to give the command from sun4u based
    system and after I tried to boot the destination disk > result = destination
    disk was not able to boot). Ok we set now the command for boot-block to the
    destination disk to create there a boot-block:
         # /usr/sbin/installboot /usr/platform/`uname -i`/lib/fs/ufs/bootblk
         /dev/rdsk/c1t2d1s0
    Now you could boot the destination disk with the correct alias or the
    correct device alias. If you don't know what the alias is give on the system
    the following command:
         # ls -la /dev/dsk/c1t2d1s0
         /dev/dsk/c1t2d1s0 ->
    ../../devices/iommu at 0,10000000/sbus at 0,10001000/SUNW,soc@
    1,0/SUNW,pln at a0000000,753a58/ssd at 2,1:a
    End the OS with init 6 and stop the system reboot if the banner of OBP
    appears with stop + A. After that you are on the ok prompt. To set an alias
    give following command:
         # nvalias clone1 /iommu at 0,10000000/sbus@
         0,10001000/SUNW,soc@,0/SUNW,pln at a0000000,753a58/ssd at 2,1:a
    Use the alias with:
         ok boot clone1
    Have fun with you new clone...! I hope I did not forgett something but I
    tested it several times and it worked every time absolutly nice with no
    errors.

• How to make a proactive view of the Logical Disk Free Space

Hello,
    I was wondering how I could make a view (preferably within a dashboard) that monitors the state of the Logical Disk Free Space values for one or more predefined groups. I can only get this to work with line diagrams but that is pretty hard to read.
    I would like to make views like:
    1) A simple state view that shows the state of the servers (or disks) in three state form (1. Healthy: 80% or lower; 2. Warning: Between 80% and 90%; 3. Alert: 90% or higher).
    2) A view of actual percentages of the disk drives in a table form rather than the usual line diagram.
    I prefer the first one the most and seems to be the easiest aswell but I can't seem to get this to work.
    I hope that this is possible any like to know how to achieve this.
    Thanks in advance,
    Bram

Hi Bram,
    I think you need to create a new dashboard view for this.
    Make a new management pack for this.
    Once you create a new management pack.
    Go to monitoring TAB
    Locate the management pack there and right click and select new Dashboard.
    Create a summary view dashboard and then once it is created on the right hand side you will see something like
    Performance (Which i edited as LDS report for last 24 hrs as per the screenshot)
    Above that you will have a configure option. Click on it and mention the Object, counter and instance and of the LDS performance counter and mention the report duration (Last 1hr or  24 hrs )once you do this dashboard will start collecting the report
    for you.
    Once you scroll down the report you will get the list of servers in which space is low and how old is that alert
    Below is the screenshot for your reference.
    Gautam.75801

• Restoring a Blank HD to factory defaults (including the hidden partition) [T400, Vista x64]

Hi,
    Background info:
    I'm installing linux, and instead of asking about everything at once, I'm separating my problems into multiple questions.
    I plan to remove all partitions, make new ones (adding an extra one for linux) and then use the recover stuff to bring back windows
    The main question (this one), is:
    If I completely clear the hard drive of all partitions, and then re partition to include one extra linux (ext3) partition, can I use the "Product Recovery CDs" (the 14 cds that I have burnt using the thinkvantage software) to restore the computer to the exact factory default state? i.e., will it:
    1) Completely restore vista
    2) Restore the hidden recovery partition (I understand the CDs also act as a recovery partition, but there's 14 of them... I don't know how well I can maintain that many CDs, so I'd rather have another copy on the HD)
    3) Not screw up the thinkvantage "stuff" (this is my first lenovo, so I'm not sure, but I want to make sure the support software doesn't go nuts once it notices there's an extra partition, etc.)
    Thanks in advance.

It's you topic, so you decide what is on topic or not.
    Here is the relevant part of my menu.lst:
    ### END DEBIAN AUTOMAGIC KERNELS LIST
    # This is a divider, added to separate the menu items below from the Debian
    # ones.
    title        Other operating systems:
    root
    # This entry automatically added by the Debian installer for a non-linux OS
    # on /dev/sda1
    title        Microsoft Windows XP Professional
    root        (hd0,0)
    savedefault
    makeactive
    chainloader    +1
    # This entry automatically added by the Debian installer for a non-linux OS
    # on /dev/sda4
    title        Thinkvantage Rescue and Recovery
    root        (hd0,3)
    savedefault
    makeactive
    chainloader    +1
    I'm running Linux Mint which is a modified Ubuntu 8.04.
    T60 2623-D7U, 3 GB Ram. Dual boot XP and Linux Mint.
    T400 2765-T7U Windows 7
    Registered Linux User #160145
    FYI: I am not employed by Lenovo

• How do you perform full backup after disk change?

My backup disk crashed yesterday so I bought a new one today. I connected the drive and told Time Machine to change the disk to the new one. It performed an incremental backup. Does anyone know how I force a full backup onto the new drive? Thanks

It was very small. However, I went out for a half-hour and when I came back, Time Machine is now doing a full backup (small status bar shows that it will backup 175GB). Thanks for your help.

• Deleting the Hidden Partition

HI, I'm going to rebuild my system with Windows Vista, as it was shipped with XP.
    In doing so, I was considering deleting the hidden partition.  If I delete this, will I only be deleting the option to restore to the factory defaults?  I have made recovery DVD's so if this is the case, I should be fine.  Will I still have the option to hit the thinkvantage button on boot up and have some of the other tools that are there, such as diagnostics, or do I loose that as well.
    Thanks
    David 
    Solved!
    Go to Solution.

I deleted my hidden partition also after making recovery discs.   You can use the discs to restore everything including the hidden partition if necessary.
    The info on deleting the partition is here: http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?p=2367169#post2367169/
    A great guide for clean installing Vista is here: http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=144783
    Good luck!
    -Paul
    Message Edited by paulgj on 12-10-2008 11:24 PM
    T400 6475-8Q5 | 8GB RAM | WXGA+ | Seagate 500GB 7200 | Win 7 Pro 64-bit............T61 7658-CTR | 8GB RAM | WD Black 320GB

• When an iPad is connected to the MacBook And the option says it will make a full back of the iPad to the computer does that mean ALL the files associated with apps on the iPad? If so where is the backup located on the computer?

When an iPad is connected to the MacBook and the option in iTunes says it will make a full back of the iPad to the computer does that mean ALL the files associated with ALL apps on the iPad? If so where is the backup located on the computer?

Yes.  http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4946

• Touch screen stopped working. Is there anyway to force a full backup of the iPhone without typing in my passcode lock or is there anyway to force it to connect to a WiFi network so the phone can backup to iCloud??

Hello all, I could use some help with my iPhone 4, I hope this is the best place to ask!
    The Problem:
    I want to do a full backup of my iphone to either itunes or to icloud. Unfortunately the iphone got wet and isn’t working properly. The phone turns on and still works, but the touch screen no longer works. I have a passcode lock on the phone so iTunes will not allow me to backup it up until I type in the passcode (which I cannot physically do). WiFi had been turned off before it got wet so it won’t connect to any known WiFi networks either to backup automatically to iCloud.
    What happened:
    I had been travelling for 6 months and went tubing on a river with my iphone in a dry bag. Unfortunately the dry bag failed and filled with water ruining my iphone.
    What I’d like to do:
    It’s an old phone and I was planning on buying a new iPhone anyway. I would love to do a full backup to either iCloud or to my computer so when I get a new iPhone I don’t lose anything. I’ve already connected it to my PC and downloaded all the photos and videos off the phone so at least I haven’t lost that, but I would like to be able to recover all the text messages, WhatsApp messages and notes I had created during my 6 months of travel.
    The last time it was backed up to my pc or to icloud was in April, so there are 6 months worth of very meaningful data I would love to keep to remind me of my travels!
    Is there anyway to force a full backup of the iPhone without typing in my passcode lock or is there anyway to force it to connect to a WiFi network so the phone can backup to iCloud??
    iTunes recognizes the phone just now and I tried upgrading the phone to iOS7 in the hopes that it would first backup and then upgrade. Unfortunately all that happened is the phone upgraded to iOS7, but it didn’t backup to iTunes. Now the phone is stuck at the iOS7 welcome screen and I can’t do anything else with it.
    Any ideas or tips would be welcome!
    NOTE: This is NOT a jailbroken iPhone.

If there is no other way around this, is there anyway to completely wipe the phone then??
    The Apple store agreed to give me a new iPhone 4 as a warranty replacement for $150 (I travel a lot and I have a factory unlocked phone, so this is still worth it for me).  But before I trade it in, I would like to make sure all my data is backed up on the device first.
    When I try and restore the phone now on iTunes, it says I have to turn off Find My iPhone on the phone first before I can restore it.  Now since I can't use the screen I can't really do that.
    So how do I completely wipe the iPhone???
    Thanks!

• HOW TO MAKE A GOOD BACKUP?

Hi !
    I'm fresh in oracle technologies and i've got a question for you:
    I want to make a backup of my database and i don't know how to do it - i wrote a lot in internet but i still have same problems.
    First:
    I want to make backup my database everyday in night. - it may be incremental
    I want to make one full backup every week
    i don't know what files i need to backup. Let take the situation that my machine is down and i need to make a server one more time - install system (win 2003) and oracle 10.2g -
    What next ?
    How should I recover now my database?

This question should be posted on the database forums. This is for Oracle Secure Backup product specific questions.

• Full backup of the KM without backing all the SAP EP 7.0

Hello,
    I want to know how can I do a Full backup of the KM without backing all the SAP EP 7.0
    Thank you in advance.
    Pablo Mortera.

Depending on what you want with the Backup you could:
    1. Make a KM transport --> select all the content... it will generate a .KMC object
    2. Create a copy of all documents to a seperate location using WebDAV (with or without Portaldrive)
    But if you realy want a regulair backup proces that is scheduled then you do not have any onther choice then:
    FSDB --> backing up both the DB and the Filesystem. Because it are seperate backups you must be 100% sure that there are no alterations between both backups so a offline backup would be the savest in this case.
    DB --> backing up the DB.
    Also read the recommendations at:
    http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/62/468698a8e611d5993600508b6b8b11/frameset.htm
    Cheers,
    Benjamin Houttuin

• Time machine makes a full backup every time

I had a 1tb external drive that I was using for Time Machine backups. Fine. No problem. But it got filled up.
    I bought a new external drive - 1Tb. Iwas surprised that within a couple of wweeks, it was filled up.
    I bought a new 2Tb drive.
    Now as I observe what it's doing, it appears ot meaking a FULL BACKUP of my entire hard drive over and over again. I though it was only supposed to do incremental backups? This is nuts! At this rate my 2Tb drive will be filled up in no time. And becasue it's continually backing up many Gb of data it makes the machine run slowly. It is driviing me crazy!!! How do I stop this behaviour? Why is it making a full backup every time? I can't see any preferences to change this. Help!

Thanks but I think maybe I didn't explain the problem clearly
    My understanding is that Time Machine backs up only the fiels that have changed each time it does a backup. Thi sis how it USED to work. So each hourly backup would take a few minutes, usually, and a 1TB drive lasted well over a year.
    Now it seems to be making a FULL backup of the COMPLETE internal drive EVERY HOUR! So it is currently backing up 135Gb of data and my Time Machine drive is almost half full,, even though I only installed it two days ago!
    When it gets to the point where it needs to start deleting old backups, I would get a new drive and start afresh, saving the old one for reference. I can't buuy a new backup drive every week!
    How do I get it to behave like it used to?

• IPhone 4s, How do I do a backup on the computer? Phone says I dont have enough space to do it on it.

iPhone 4s.
    How do I do a backup on the computer? My phone says there isnt enough space to do it on the phone. It keeps telling me "phone needs to be backed up". Ive looked at iTunes, iCloud... Im not sure where to go to make it do a back up.
    Also, I used to be able to take about over 1,000 pictures with a few videos. Well now, it only allows me about 312 pictures, with one video, then says its "FULL" and turns the camera off. I copy the pictures to my computer and delete them so I have room. But its REALLY annoying how I can now only take about 312 pictures.
    Any Help would be sooo appreciated!!
    Thanks!

The message probably means you don;t have enopugh space on iCloud to backup the Phone.
    iCloud has a 5GB limit. If your backup is more than that then it won't be able to backup.
    As far as backing up to your computer, just connect it to your computer, and assuming you have iTunes you can just click on the Backup button in the summary page for your Phone in iTunes.
    You can follow the instructions posted by Ramzee.
    As to why you can take less photos, probably because you've used more space up with different things. so there's only so much space left for your Photos.
    You can look in Settings->General->Usage, to see how much space you have available as well as the App that's taking up the most space.
    Also when connected to iTunes in your computer Check how large the "other" category is.
    If its more that 1 to 1.2GB then you may have some corruption.
    https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3418045?start=0&tstart=0

• How to make table that will include controls such as drop list?

How to make table that will include controls such as drop list?
    I need to create table as Property Browser of ActiveX, that include rows with differnt types such as drop list, color, ...

Hi Nadav,
    I figured out where I missed your point. When you wrote
    table as Property Browser of ActiveX, that include rows with differnt types such as drop list, color, ...
    I was thinking mixed data-types in a [2d] table!
    Looking at the property browser again it looks like no single LV function can do all of that. It can be developed as a pop-up (like the browser is set-up) and then code all of the elegance using an event structure to control the background color of a string indicator while controling the visability of rings that are only made visable when a mouse down is detected. That will get you pretty close.
    So no, my previous response ws not correct for what you are trying to do if you want to duplicate all of the wistles and bells of the property browser pop-up window.
    Please forgive my distraction.
    Ben 
    Ben Rayner
    I am currently active on.. MainStream Preppers
    Rayner's Ridge is under construction

Maybe you are looking for

• ITunes has stopped working...with iTouch on Windows 7

When I connect my iTouch to Windows 7 HP Pavilion Slimline to iTunes 9.1 I receive error: "ITunes has stopped working..." and iTunes is no longer accessible. The error code in event viewer is Exception code: 0xc0000005. I do not have a problem with i

• I need to download 11g for Solaris10 x86

sorry for easy question. I hope to install Oracle 11g on Soalris 10 x86 with VMware. but I can't finding for a 11g x86. Where can I do that?

• How can I find out total ETF for my account?

I've been with Verizon for a long time now, but my husband and I are looking at consolidating a few things.  One of the things I'm having a hard time justifying with him is paying what I do for my phone.  He wants me to switch to his carrier.  Is the

• How can I duplicate a signature?

The project I am working on has a few times where this shows up. The signature on the first page carries over to the second and 3rd pages. I know how to duplicate the other fields with the Global option but is it possible to allow a signature to do t

• Master_idoc_distribute

Hi Experts, Can we pass multiple Partner Number of Recipient in the Master idoc control record ie in RCVPRN field in one shot. and pass it into the FM  Master_idoc_distribute. Plz suggest Regards Santosh