Need help replacing Windows Vista Basic with XP Pro on T500

Okay guys...My vista basic is not sustaining itself much longer so I want to get rid of it and downgrade to XP...but there seem to be a lot of problem/obstacle/issue...
I can't seem to restore my factory content from the hard drive and I don't have enough cd to copy the reserved factory partition...I'm thinking if I don't touch on that partition during the xp install, is there a program I can download to have my xp access that partition afterwards?
I downloaded all the drivers and lenovo software from the website; what I don't have is the SP2 slipstream...instead I have a original XP "gold" but I just can't seem to burn a slipstream into a bootable one so I'm wondering if the original "gold" wil do...?
and since this is XP installation I've been reading the access help article on the the installation and the Matrix storage driver..which doesn't make much sense since it seem to refer to driver file on C: while scrapping Vista will surely wipe it off....
currently i'm living with Vista in safe mode only and have no clue what to do...
can people please guide me through what should I do here...Thanks.
+if you need clarification I'll glad to provide more detail and clarify...and please no "update to 7" suggestion..

Hi drixmanbeta,
Which manufacturer provided this XP gold version is? whether it will work or not; your guess is good as mine.
The proceeding guide is very detailed guide on installing XP on thinkpads, you will find it quite helpful:- http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=188992
As for Windows to access the factory partition, it is always hidden from Windows, the OS has no way to retrieve it even though it is visible in disk manager. On the other hand, you can subsequently fix the corrupt boot sector on clean install:- http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-54483 [which will make thinkvantage button to access service partition during startup]
The ability to create RnR discs is only accessible on factory preload so you will have no such privilege on clean install.
Hope it helps.
Maliha (I don't work for lenovo)
ThinkPads:- T400[Win 7], T60[Win 7], IBM 240[Win XP]
IdeaPad: U350
Apple:- Macbook Air [Snow Leopard]
Did someone help you today? Compliment them with a Kudos!
Was your question answered today? Mark it as an Accepted Solution! 
  Lenovo Deutsche Community     Lenovo Comunidad en Español 
Visit my YouTube Channel

Similar Messages

• Need help replacing a Netgear router with my old used wrt54g from another house.

I had a WRT54G at my old house that was working great. Now the renters moved out and I got the router back. I have been having some issues with the netgear router Im using now so I would like to replace it with the Linksys. How do I do this? Do I need to hit the reset button? What do I set the settings at and how do I set up security so others can't access my network.

Whoaw! Take it easy Ragnar....
    It is easy to setup the router with your existing network. I'd like to know your ISP. In a way, you can have the router set up manually according to your ISP settings, whether it is cable or DSL.
    For setting up the wireless to be secured, you can check this link.
    for heads up! <<<call_me_jam_>>>

• Need help replacing original audio track with song.

Hi experts
    I'm in the process of trying to create a movie for my daughters. What I did was film my daughters signing to a song that was playing on a CD player. I'd like to remove the audio track and replace it with the same song I purchased on Itunes. So far I able to import the video and song and put them on the timeline.
    Now I can't never get the song I added to the timeline to play. How can this be done? And, please, point me to a good book
    Thanks,
    Francis Ouellet

Yes, I import both the movie and the song into the browser. Then I drag and drop the video into the timeline (V1) the corresponding audio track is moved automatically to A1 and A2. This plays well. Now I drag and drop my purchased song to the timeline (A3 and A4). If I hit the play button it only plays my video and sound (With a beep every second or so).
    It just seems that the video and music tracks aren't linked together. Sorry, just purchased FCE this weekednd

• Need help replacing old apple id with new one

hi. i'm trying to update (in icloud) an appleid with an email from 5 years ago.  i was able to delete the old email on my iphone, but do not see an option for this on my mac.  when i went through the 'verify your id' process, it shows the current id/email that i use for itunes, etc.  however, there is no way, it seems to delete the old email/id on the mac and replace with the new.  i would appreciate any advice or experience, thank you in advance.

If you have changed your iCloud ID and are now trying to change the iCloud ID on your Mac, go to System Preferences>iCloud, sign out, then sign back in with the ID you want to use.

• HELP!!!!! I need help putting windows on my Mac Book Pro using parallels!!

hi, I have a mac book pro and im tryin to install windows on it as there a some programs that i want to on my mac for my phone, and games. Anyway every time i go to install it, it comes with up with an error message saying that a removable device was removed check then start again. the error message is 0xc00000e9! ive looked on the net and it all for pcs not macs!!
    Can anyone help?
    Thanks

Please post Parallels related questions on the Parallels forums as Apple discussions only provide support for Apple products:
    http://forums.parallels.com

• Help! WRT54GL with Windows Vista Basic laptop and Windows XP Home desktop?

Hi. I am going to try and help a friend out and I was wondering if any of you can give me any helpful tips? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Here's the situation...
    He recently purchased a Dell Inspiron 1525 laptop that's running Windows Vista Basic. He has a Dell desktop computer at home as well that's running Windows XP. I had him purchase a Linksys WRT54GL router. We want to network the laptop running Windows Vista Basic and the desktop running Windows XP. Is there anything we should be aware of? Anything to know before hand that will help the process go smoother? Will I face any issues being that his new laptop is running Windows Vista Basic and his desktop is running Windows XP? I must admit that I know very little to nothing about Windows Vista. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thank you so much!

No not very much ... if you are using wired connection then make sure that the IP address on Local Area Connection should be 192.168.1.X ...... try to ping the Gateway address 192.168.1.1  ..... then 4.2.2.2 & at last yahoo.com....
    If you are using wireless connection .... then make sure that the wireless network name should be same as in the router ......

• Hi, I need help and advice. Basically me and my ex partner both had iphones and synced it with the same computer under the same ID. We split i have a new laptop and now it keeps asking for the old ID or it'll erase my apps bought on theold account.

Hi, I need help and advice. Basically me and my ex partner both had iphones and synced it with the same computer under the same ID. We split up and now im trying to get all my apps and info onto my new laptop with a new account but it keeps asking me for the old apple ID which she is still using and she changed the password. i tried backing it up but still nohing. When i try to back up purchased items being apps etc its keeps asking for the old one. help

See Recover your iTunes library from your iPod or iOS device. But you'll still need the password.
    Once you have the computer authorized to use the account she could change the password again to stop you buying apps on her card (assuming it's not on yours!). It would lock you out of upgrading them too but they should work unless she uses the deathorize all feature.
    It depends on how amicable the split is...
    tt2

• I have the iphone 4 and PC with Windows Vista Basic. When I bought my iPhone syncs with iTunes on my computer, but now when I try to sync it tells me that Mobile Device Service was closed and I can not synchronize the phone. Try restarting Mobile Device S

I have the iphone 4 and PC with Windows Vista Basic. When I bought my iPhone syncs with iTunes on my computer, but now when I try to sync it tells me that Mobile Device Service was closed and I can not synchronize the phone. Try restarting Mobile Device Service and uninstall and reinstall Itunes but still giving me the same error.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3965

• XL Reporter with Windows Vista Basic and Excel 2007

Hi there,
    I am facing a problem with my SAP Business One edition. I am using XL Reporter with my Windows XP Professional Edition and Microsoft Office 2003 and/or 2007, and it works perfectly, but when i try to connect my laptop, loaded with Windows Vista Basic edition and Microsoft Office 2007, it does not support.
    When i try to add IXXLReporter.dll in Excel 07, it does not work, it neither shows me any error or any confirmation message. When i try to run XL Reporter from SAP, it starts process and hangs.
    Can anybody tell me perfectly that whether SAP B1 is compatible with Vista Home Edition or not ...???
    If it works, what changes i have to make in my SAP or Vista or Excel, please inform me soon. . .
    Thanks
    DhanraJ

Thanks to all of you for replying,
    I have tried all the above given instructions and suggestions. But still m not able to solve my problem. Anyways i have started using this in my another system, but still waiting for proper solution.
    If anybody find answer please reply me.
    Thanks Again,
    Dhanraj

• I need help replacing a battery in my ipod nano 4th geneartion 16 gb can someone help me with step by step instructions or help me send it to apple store and replace and if so how?

i need help replacing a battery in my ipod nano 4th geneartion 16 gb can someone help me with step by step instructions or help me send it to apple store and replace and if so how?

Here is how to do it yourself.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2h53otOBTsI
    Here is how to send it to apple.
    http://www.apple.com/support/ipod/service/battery/
    Hope this helps!

• Installing EBS R12 on Windows Vista Basic

I am trying to install EBS R12 media pack on my computer having Windows Vista Basic.
    I could have the installation pass 2 steps out of 5.
    But while performing the third step, it is failing with the following error:
    Log file located at F:\oracle\VIS\inst\apps\VIS_srinivas-pc\admin\log\ApplyAppsTechStack_08200335.log
    | 0% completed RC-50004: Fatal: Error occurred in ApplyAppsTechStack:
    RC-50013: Fatal: Failed to instantiate driver F:\oracle\VIS\apps\tech_st\10.1.3\appsutil\driver\regclone.drv
    Does anybody know what could be the cause of the error?
    THe log files are pasted below:
    ApplyAppsTechStack_08200335.log
    Started ApplyAppsTechStack at Wed Aug 20 03:35:20 GMT 2008
    Version:
         ApplyAppsTechStack.java     :      120.23
    Executing home registration for s_weboh_oh...
    Registering using Registration Driver
    F:\oracle\VIS\apps\tech_st\10.1.3\appsutil\driver\regclone.drv
    instantiate file:
    source : F:\oracle\VIS\apps\tech_st\10.1.3\appsutil\template\adouiweboh.pl
    dest : F:\oracle\VIS\apps\tech_st\10.1.3\appsutil\clone\ouicli.pl
    backup : F:\oracle\VIS\apps\tech_st\10.1.3\appsutil\clone\ouicli.pl to F:\oracle\VIS\inst\apps\VIS_srinivas-pc\out\ouicli.pl
    setting permissions: 700
    instantiate file:
    source : F:\oracle\VIS\apps\tech_st\10.1.3\appsutil\template\txkstubcfg1013.pl
    dest : F:\oracle\VIS\apps\tech_st\10.1.3\appsutil\clone\txkstubcfg1013.pl
    backup : F:\oracle\VIS\apps\tech_st\10.1.3\appsutil\clone\txkstubcfg1013.pl to F:\oracle\VIS\inst\apps\VIS_srinivas-pc\out\txkstubcfg1013.pl
    instantiate file:
    source : F:\oracle\VIS\apps\tech_st\10.1.3\appsutil\template\apachectl_sh_1013_oh.tmp
    dest : F:\oracle\VIS\apps\tech_st\10.1.3\Apache\Apache\bin\apachectl
    backup : F:\oracle\VIS\apps\tech_st\10.1.3\Apache\Apache\bin\apachectl to F:\oracle\VIS\inst\apps\VIS_srinivas-pc\out\apachectl
    Executing script in InstantiateFile:
    F:\oracle\VIS\apps\tech_st\10.1.3\perl\5.8.3\bin\MSWin32-x86-multi-thread\perl.exe -I F:\oracle\VIS\apps\tech_st\10.1.3\perl\5.8.3\lib\MSWin32-x86-multi-thread -I F:\oracle\VIS\apps\tech_st\10.1.3\perl\5.8.3\lib -I F:\oracle\VIS\apps\tech_st\10.1.3\perl\site\5.8.3\lib\MSWin32-x86-multi-thread -I F:\oracle\VIS\apps\tech_st\10.1.3\perl\site\5.8.3\lib -I F:\oracle\VIS\apps\apps_st\appl\au\12.0.0\perl -I F:\oracle\VIS\apps\tech_st\10.1.3\Apache\Apache\mod_perl\site\5.8.3\lib\MSWin32-x86-multi-thread F:\oracle\VIS\apps\tech_st\10.1.3\appsutil\clone\ouicli.pl
    script returned:
    Beginning OUI CLI cloning for s_weboh_ohTue Aug 19 23:35:23 2008
    F:\oracle\VIS\apps\tech_st\10.1.3\jdk\bin\java -classpath F:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz\jlib\java;F:\oracle\VIS\apps\tech_st\10.1.3\oui\jlib\OraInstaller.jar;F:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz\jlib\xmlparserv2.jar;F:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz\jlib\ojdbc14.jar oracle.apps.ad.clone.util.OracleHomeCloner -OUICLI -e F:\oracle\VIS\inst\apps\VIS_srinivas-pc\appl\admin\VIS_srinivas-pc.xml -nolink -oaVar s_weboh_oh -homestub weboh -log F:\oracle\VIS\inst\apps\VIS_srinivas-pc\admin\log\ohclone.log
    running OUI CLI home cloning:
    F:\oracle\VIS\apps\tech_st\10.1.3\oui\bin\setup.exe -nowait -clone -silent -force -nolink -waitForCompletion session:ORACLE_HOME=F:\oracle\VIS\apps\tech_st\10.1.3 oracle.as.j2ee.top:s_asInstanceName=VIS_srinivas-pc_WEBOH oracle.as.j2ee.top:s_adminName=oc4jadmin oracle.as.j2ee.top:s_adminPassword=welcome ORACLE_HOME_NAME=VIS_srinivas-pc_WEBOH -J-Doracle.installer.noLink=true
    Finished OUI CLI cloning for s_weboh_oh with return code: 0Tue Aug 19 23:35:28 2008
    [SC] OpenService FAILED 1060:
    The specified service does not exist as an installed service.
    .end std out.
    .end err out.
    Executing script in InstantiateFile:
    F:\oracle\VIS\apps\tech_st\10.1.3\perl\5.8.3\bin\MSWin32-x86-multi-thread\perl.exe -I F:\oracle\VIS\apps\tech_st\10.1.3\perl\5.8.3\lib\MSWin32-x86-multi-thread -I F:\oracle\VIS\apps\tech_st\10.1.3\perl\5.8.3\lib -I F:\oracle\VIS\apps\tech_st\10.1.3\perl\site\5.8.3\lib\MSWin32-x86-multi-thread -I F:\oracle\VIS\apps\tech_st\10.1.3\perl\site\5.8.3\lib -I F:\oracle\VIS\apps\apps_st\appl\au\12.0.0\perl -I F:\oracle\VIS\apps\tech_st\10.1.3\Apache\Apache\mod_perl\site\5.8.3\lib\MSWin32-x86-multi-thread F:\oracle\VIS\apps\tech_st\10.1.3\appsutil\clone\txkstubcfg1013.pl
    script returned:
    .end std out.
    .end err out.
    instantiate file:
    source : F:\oracle\VIS\apps\tech_st\10.1.3\appsutil\template\adouiweboh.pl
    dest : F:\oracle\VIS\apps\tech_st\10.1.3\appsutil\clone\ouicli.pl
    backup : F:\oracle\VIS\apps\tech_st\10.1.3\appsutil\clone\ouicli.pl to F:\oracle\VIS\inst\apps\VIS_srinivas-pc\out\ouicli0.pl
    instantiate file:
    source : F:\oracle\VIS\apps\tech_st\10.1.3\appsutil\template\txkstubcfg1013.pl
    dest : F:\oracle\VIS\apps\tech_st\10.1.3\appsutil\clone\txkstubcfg1013.pl
    backup : F:\oracle\VIS\apps\tech_st\10.1.3\appsutil\clone\txkstubcfg1013.pl to F:\oracle\VIS\inst\apps\VIS_srinivas-pc\out\txkstubcfg10130.pl
    instantiate file:
    source : F:\oracle\VIS\apps\tech_st\10.1.3\appsutil\template\apachectl_sh_1013_oh.tmp
    dest : F:\oracle\VIS\apps\tech_st\10.1.3\Apache\Apache\bin\apachectl
    backup : F:\oracle\VIS\apps\tech_st\10.1.3\Apache\Apache\bin\apachectl to F:\oracle\VIS\inst\apps\VIS_srinivas-pc\out\apachectl0
    F:\oracle\VIS\inst\apps\VIS_srinivas-pc\admin\log\adcvmlog.xml does not exist. Ignore it
    [AutoConfig Error Report]
    The following report lists errors AutoConfig encountered during each
    phase of its execution. Errors are grouped by directory and phase.
    The report format is:
    <filename> <phase> <return code where appropriate>
    [APPLY PHASE]
    AutoConfig could not successfully execute the following scripts:
    Directory: F:\oracle\VIS\apps\tech_st\10.1.3\perl\5.8.3\bin\MSWin32-x86-multi-thread\perl.exe -I F:\oracle\VIS\apps\tech_st\10.1.3\perl\5.8.3\lib\MSWin32-x86-multi-thread -I F:\oracle\VIS\apps\tech_st\10.1.3\perl\5.8.3\lib -I F:\oracle\VIS\apps\tech_st\10.1.3\perl\site\5.8.3\lib\MSWin32-x86-multi-thread -I F:\oracle\VIS\apps\tech_st\10.1.3\perl\site\5.8.3\lib -I F:\oracle\VIS\apps\apps_st\appl\au\12.0.0\perl -I F:\oracle\VIS\apps\tech_st\10.1.3\Apache\Apache\mod_perl\site\5.8.3\lib\MSWin32-x86-multi-thread F:\oracle\VIS\apps\tech_st\10.1.3\appsutil\clone
    ouicli.pl INSTE8_APPLY 36
    AutoConfig is exiting with status 1
    RC-50013: Fatal: Instantiate driver did not complete successfully.
    F:\oracle\VIS\apps\tech_st\10.1.3\appsutil\driver\regclone.drv
    ======================================================
    Another Log File
    Log File: 08200031.log
    Processing DriverFile = F:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz\template\adriapps.drv
    Running Instantiation Drivers for F:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz\template\adriapps.drv
    instantiate file:
    source : F:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz\template\adrunias.cmd
    dest : F:\oracle\VIS\inst\apps\VIS_srinivas-pc\temp\adrunias.cmd
    backup : F:\oracle\VIS\inst\apps\VIS_srinivas-pc\temp\adrunias.cmd to F:\oracle\VIS\apps\apps_st\appl\admin\VIS_srinivas-pc\out\templbac\adrunias.cmd
    instantiate file:
    source : F:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz\template\adrunat.cmd
    dest : F:\oracle\VIS\inst\apps\VIS_srinivas-pc\temp\adrunat.cmd
    backup : F:\oracle\VIS\inst\apps\VIS_srinivas-pc\temp\adrunat.cmd to F:\oracle\VIS\apps\apps_st\appl\admin\VIS_srinivas-pc\out\templbac\adrunat.cmd
    Step 0 of 5
    Command: F:\oracle\VIS\inst\apps\VIS_srinivas-pc\temp\adrunias.cmd
    Processing Step 3 of 5
    Executing: F:\oracle\VIS\inst\apps\VIS_srinivas-pc\temp\adrunias.cmd
    F:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz>REM
    F:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz>REM $Header: adrunias.cmd 120.7 2007/06/13 14:34:57 hcwolf noship $
    F:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz>REM ###############################################################
    F:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz>REM This file is automatically generated by AutoConfig. It will be read and
    F:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz>REM overwritten. If you were instructed to edit this file, or if you are not
    F:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz>REM able to use the settings created by AutoConfig, refer to Metalink Note
    F:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz>REM 387859.1 for assistance.
    F:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz>REM ###############################################################
    F:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz>FOR /F "delims==" %a IN ('DATE /T') DO (set date=%a )
    F:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz>(set date=Tue 08/19/2008 )
    F:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz>FOR /F "delims==" %a IN ('TIME /T') DO (set time=%a )
    F:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz>(set time=11:07 PM )
    F:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz>ECHO STARTED INSTALL PHASE : APPS TECH STACK : Tue 08/19/2008 11:07 PM
    STARTED INSTALL PHASE : APPS TECH STACK : Tue 08/19/2008 11:07 PM
    F:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz>SET JRE_PATH=F:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz\jre\NT\1.5.0\bin\java
    F:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz>SET JRE_CP=.;F:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz\jlib\java;F:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz\jlib\xmlparserv2.jar;F:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz\jlib\ojdbc14.jar;F:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz\jlib\oui\OraInstaller.jar;F:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz\jlib\oui\ewt3.jar;F:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz\jlib\oui\share.jar;F:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz\jlib\oui\srvm.jar
    F:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz>SET XML_FILE=F:\oracle\VIS\inst\apps\VIS_srinivas-pc\appl\admin\VIS_srinivas-pc.xml
    F:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz>SET PATH=F:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz\unzip\NT;C:\Perl\site\bin;C:\Perl\bin;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\DLLShared\;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\DLLShared\;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\9.0\DLLShared\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Tools\binn\;f:\cygwin\cygwininstal\bin\
    F:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz>SET EC=ERRORCODE
    F:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz>setlocal enableextensions
    F:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz>set /P unpw=""
    F:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz>for /F "usebackq tokens=1,2 delims=/" %i in ('APPS/APPS') do set APPS_UNAME=%i && set APPS_PWD=%j
    F:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz>set APPS_UNAME=APPS && set APPS_PWD=APPS
    F:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz>SET APPSUSER=APPS
    F:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz>SET APPSPASS=APPS
    F:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz>IF "5" == "1" (SET THREADS=1 ) ELSE (SET THREADS=2 )
    F:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz>CD /D C:\Users\Srinivas\AppData\Local\Temp
    C:\Users\Srinivas\AppData\Local\Temp>if "FALSE" == "F:\oracle\VIS\inst\apps\VIS_srinivas-pc\temp\adrunias.cmd" (if not "FALSE" == "FALSE" (goto :FALSE ) else (goto :runProcess_1 ) )
    C:\Users\Srinivas\AppData\Local\Temp>echo "runProcess_1"
    "runProcess_1"
    C:\Users\Srinivas\AppData\Local\Temp>REM
    C:\Users\Srinivas\AppData\Local\Temp>REM Perform the install for tech stack
    C:\Users\Srinivas\AppData\Local\Temp>echo Statusstring Installing Applications Technology Stack
    Statusstring Installing Applications Technology Stack
    C:\Users\Srinivas\AppData\Local\Temp>F:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz\jre\NT\1.5.0\bin\java -mx600M -classpath .;F:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz\jlib\java;F:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz\jlib\xmlparserv2.jar;F:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz\jlib\ojdbc14.jar;F:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz\jlib\oui\OraInstaller.jar;F:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz\jlib\oui\ewt3.jar;F:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz\jlib\oui\share.jar;F:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz\jlib\oui\srvm.jar oracle.apps.ad.rapidwiz.util.InstantiateFile -e F:\oracle\VIS\inst\apps\VIS_srinivas-pc\appl\admin\VIS_srinivas-pc.xml -d F:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz\driver\appsts\driver\gias.drv -pwd no_password_here -log F:\oracle\VIS\apps\apps_st\appl\admin\VIS_srinivas-pc\log\ApplyAppsTechStack.log -nthreads 2 -verbose
    Enter the location of the CD labeled Oracle Applications Rapid Install - Tools Disk 1 :
    Checking Disk contents in - F:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz
    Checking Disk contents in - F:\StageR12\oraAS\Disk1
    Checking Disk contents in - F:\StageR12\oraAS\Disk1
    Unzip Count:43
    Processing Disk1....
    Processing Disk2....
    C:\Users\Srinivas\AppData\Local\Temp>if 0 == 0 goto :BITS_OK
    C:\Users\Srinivas\AppData\Local\Temp>echo "runProcess_2"
    "runProcess_2"
    C:\Users\Srinivas\AppData\Local\Temp>REM Perform the registration for tech stack
    C:\Users\Srinivas\AppData\Local\Temp>REM Bugfix: 5872965/5978329
    C:\Users\Srinivas\AppData\Local\Temp>COPY F:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz\etc\adouitools.pl F:\oracle\VIS\apps\tech_st\10.1.2\appsutil\template\adouitools.pl
    1 file(s) copied.
    C:\Users\Srinivas\AppData\Local\Temp>COPY F:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz\etc\adouiweboh.pl F:\oracle\VIS\apps\tech_st\10.1.3\appsutil\template\adouiweboh.pl
    1 file(s) copied.
    C:\Users\Srinivas\AppData\Local\Temp>REM End Bugfix: 587296/5978329
    C:\Users\Srinivas\AppData\Local\Temp>echo Statusstring Registering Applications Technology Stack
    Statusstring Registering Applications Technology Stack
    C:\Users\Srinivas\AppData\Local\Temp>(echo APPS & echo APPS ) | F:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz\jre\NT\1.5.0\bin\java -mx512M -classpath .;F:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz\jlib\java;F:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz\jlib\xmlparserv2.jar;F:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz\jlib\ojdbc14.jar;F:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz\jlib\oui\OraInstaller.jar;F:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz\jlib\oui\ewt3.jar;F:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz\jlib\oui\share.jar;F:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz\jlib\oui\srvm.jar oracle.apps.ad.clone.ApplyAppsTechStack -e F:\oracle\VIS\inst\apps\VIS_srinivas-pc\appl\admin\VIS_srinivas-pc.xml -stage F:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz -showProgress -phase reg -nopromptmsg
    Log file located at F:\oracle\VIS\inst\apps\VIS_srinivas-pc\admin\log\ApplyAppsTechStack_08200335.log
    | 0% completed RC-50004: Fatal: Error occurred in ApplyAppsTechStack:
    RC-50013: Fatal: Failed to instantiate driver F:\oracle\VIS\apps\tech_st\10.1.3\appsutil\driver\regclone.drv
    C:\Users\Srinivas\AppData\Local\Temp>if 1 == 0 goto :REG_OK
    C:\Users\Srinivas\AppData\Local\Temp>echo Cannot execute registration of Applications Techstack
    Cannot execute registration of Applications Techstack
    C:\Users\Srinivas\AppData\Local\Temp>if "" == "TRUE" goto :INSIAS_OK
    RW-50010: Error: - script has returned an error: 1
    RW-50004: Error code received when running external process. Check log file for details.
    Running APPL_TOP Install Driver for VIS instance
    Please refer to the remaining logs on applications node at - F:\oracle\VIS\inst\apps\VIS_srinivas-pc\logs\08200031.log
    Processing DriverFile = F:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz\template\adriapps.drv
    Running Instantiation Drivers for F:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz\template\adriapps.drv
    instantiate file:
    source : F:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz\template\adrunias.cmd
    dest : F:\oracle\VIS\inst\apps\VIS_srinivas-pc\temp\adrunias.cmd
    backup : F:\oracle\VIS\inst\apps\VIS_srinivas-pc\temp\adrunias.cmd to F:\oracle\VIS\apps\apps_st\appl\admin\VIS_srinivas-pc\out\templbac\adrunias.cmd
    instantiate file:
    source : F:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz\template\adrunat.cmd
    dest : F:\oracle\VIS\inst\apps\VIS_srinivas-pc\temp\adrunat.cmd
    backup : F:\oracle\VIS\inst\apps\VIS_srinivas-pc\temp\adrunat.cmd to F:\oracle\VIS\apps\apps_st\appl\admin\VIS_srinivas-pc\out\templbac\adrunat.cmd
    Step 0 of 5
    Command: F:\oracle\VIS\inst\apps\VIS_srinivas-pc\temp\adrunias.cmd
    Processing Step 3 of 5
    Executing: F:\oracle\VIS\inst\apps\VIS_srinivas-pc\temp\adrunias.cmd
    F:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz>REM $Header: adrunias.cmd 120.7 2007/06/13 14:34:57 hcwolf noship $
    F:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz>REM This file is automatically generated by AutoConfig. It will be read and
    F:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz>REM overwritten. If you were instructed to edit this file, or if you are not
    F:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz>REM able to use the settings created by AutoConfig, refer to Metalink Note
    F:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz>REM 387859.1 for assistance.
    F:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz>FOR /F "delims==" %a IN ('DATE /T') DO (set date=%a )
    F:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz>(set date=Tue 08/19/2008 )
    F:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz>FOR /F "delims==" %a IN ('TIME /T') DO (set time=%a )
    F:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz>(set time=11:53 PM )
    F:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz>ECHO STARTED INSTALL PHASE : APPS TECH STACK : Tue 08/19/2008 11:53 PM
    STARTED INSTALL PHASE : APPS TECH STACK : Tue 08/19/2008 11:53 PM
    F:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz>SET JRE_PATH=F:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz\jre\NT\1.5.0\bin\java
    F:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz>SET JRE_CP=.;F:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz\jlib\java;F:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz\jlib\xmlparserv2.jar;F:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz\jlib\ojdbc14.jar;F:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz\jlib\oui\OraInstaller.jar;F:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz\jlib\oui\ewt3.jar;F:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz\jlib\oui\share.jar;F:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz\jlib\oui\srvm.jar
    F:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz>SET XML_FILE=F:\oracle\VIS\inst\apps\VIS_srinivas-pc\appl\admin\VIS_srinivas-pc.xml
    F:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz>SET PATH=F:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz\unzip\NT;C:\Perl\site\bin;C:\Perl\bin;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\DLLShared\;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\DLLShared\;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\9.0\DLLShared\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Tools\binn\;f:\cygwin\cygwininstal\bin\
    F:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz>SET EC=ERRORCODE
    F:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz>setlocal enableextensions
    F:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz>set /P unpw=""
    F:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz>for /F "usebackq tokens=1,2 delims=/" %i in ('APPS/APPS') do set APPS_UNAME=%i && set APPS_PWD=%j
    F:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz>set APPS_UNAME=APPS && set APPS_PWD=APPS
    F:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz>SET APPSUSER=APPS
    F:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz>SET APPSPASS=APPS
    F:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz>IF "5" == "1" (SET THREADS=1 ) ELSE (SET THREADS=2 )
    F:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz>CD /D C:\Users\Srinivas\AppData\Local\Temp
    C:\Users\Srinivas\AppData\Local\Temp>if "F:\oracle\VIS\inst\apps\VIS_srinivas-pc\temp\adrunias.cmd" == "F:\oracle\VIS\inst\apps\VIS_srinivas-pc\temp\adrunias.cmd" (if not ""runProcess_2"" == "FALSE" (goto :"runProcess_2" ) else (goto :runProcess_1 ) )
    RW-50010: Error: - script has returned an error: 1
    RW-50004: Error code received when running external process. Check log file for details.
    Running APPL_TOP Install Driver for VIS instance
    instantiate file:
    source : F:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz\etc\adxdbctx.tmp
    dest : F:\oracle\VIS\db\tech_st\10.2.0\appsutil\VIS_srinivas-pc.xml
    instantiate file:
    source : F:\oracle\VIS\db\tech_st\10.2.0\appsutil\VIS_srinivas-pc.xml
    instantiate file:
    instantiate file:
    source : F:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz\etc\adxmlctx.tmp
    dest : F:\oracle\VIS\inst\apps\VIS_srinivas-pc\appl\admin\VIS_srinivas-pc.xml
    instantiate file:
    source : F:\oracle\VIS\inst\apps\VIS_srinivas-pc\appl\admin\VIS_srinivas-pc.xml
    instantiate file:
    instantiate file:
    source : F:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz\etc\adxdbctx.tmp
    instantiate file:
    instantiate file:
    instantiate file:
    source : F:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz\etc\adxmlctx.tmp
    instantiate file:
    instantiate file:
    Database Availability
    command: cmd.exe /c F:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz\bin\riwTDBup.cmd F:\oracle\VIS\db\tech_st\10.2.0\VIS_srinivas-pc.cmd sqlplus F:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz\bin\riwTDBup.sql APPS/APPS
    F:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz>echo off
    Tue 08/19/2008
    11:54 PM
    ECHO is off.
    ECHO is off.
    Tue 08/19/2008 11:54 PM
    VIS_srinivas-pc.cmd exiting with status 0
    "The environment settings are as follows ..."
    " ORACLE_HOME : F:\oracle\VIS\db\tech_st\10.2.0"
    " ORACLE_SID : "
    " TWO_TASK : "
    " PATH : F:\oracle\VIS\db\tech_st\10.2.0\perl\5.8.3\bin\MSWin32-x86-multi-thread\;F:\oracle\VIS\db\tech_st\10.2.0\bin;F:\oracle\VIS\db\tech_st\10.2.0\appsutil\jre\bin;F:\oracle\VIS\db\tech_st\10.2.0\appsutil\jre\bin;C:\Perl\site\bin;C:\Perl\bin;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\DLLShared\;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\DLLShared\;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\9.0\DLLShared\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Tools\binn\;f:\cygwin\cygwininstal\bin\"
    " LD_LIBRARY_PATH : F:\oracle\VIS\db\tech_st\10.2.0\lib"
    SQL*Plus: Release 10.2.0.3.0 - Production on Tue Aug 19 23:54:28 2008
    Copyright (c) 1982, 2006, Oracle. All Rights Reserved.
    Connected.
    Disconnected from Oracle Database 10g Enterprise Edition Release 10.2.0.3.0 - Production
    With the Partitioning, OLAP and Data Mining options
    connect test returning code 0
    ERRORCODE = 0 ERRORCODE_END
    Database ORACLE_HOME connection test has succeeded
    command: cmd.exe /c F:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz\bin\riwTDBup.cmd F:\oracle\VIS\inst\apps\VIS_srinivas-pc\ora\10.1.2\VIS_srinivas-pc.cmd sqlplus F:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz\bin\riwTDBup.sql APPS/APPS
    F:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz>echo off
    Tue 08/19/2008
    11:54 PM
    "Cannot find environment file "F:\oracle\VIS\inst\apps\VIS_srinivas-pc\ora\10.1.2\VIS_srinivas-pc.cmd""
    ERRORCODE = 0 ERRORCODE_END
    Apps ORACLE_HOME connection test has succeeded
    Configuration Upload
    uploading config file at C:\Users\Srinivas\AppData\Local\Temp\08200031\conf_VIS.txt
    AppsConfig : 'config.txt' uploading...
    ADX Database Utility
    getConnectionUsingAppsJDBCConnector() -->
    APPS_JDBC_URL='null'
    Trying to get connection using SID based connect descriptor
    getConnection() -->
    sDbHost : srinivas-pc
    sDbDomain : nathani.com
    sDbPort : 1524
    sDbSid : VIS
    sDbUser : APPS
    Trying to connect using SID...
    getConnectionUsingSID() -->
    JDBC URL: jdbc:oracle:thin:@srinivas-pc.nathani.com:1524:VIS
    Connection obtained
    -------------------ADX Database Utility Finished---------------
    Successful upload of config file at C:\Users\Srinivas\AppData\Local\Temp\08200031\conf_VIS.txt
    Environment File
    Database ORACLE_HOME environment file passes instantiated variables test:
    File = F:\oracle\VIS\db\tech_st\10.2.0\VIS_srinivas-pc.env
    RW-50016: Error: - Apps ORACLE_HOME environment file was not created:
    File = F:\oracle\VIS\inst\apps\VIS_srinivas-pc\ora\10.1.3\VIS_srinivas-pc.cmd
    RW-50016: Error: - iAS ORACLE_HOME environment file was not created:
    File = F:\oracle\VIS\inst\apps\VIS_srinivas-pc\ora\10.1.2\VIS_srinivas-pc.cmd
    RW-50016: Error: - APPL_TOP environment file was not created:
    File = F:\oracle\VIS\apps\apps_st\appl\VIS_srinivas-pc.cmd
    RW-50016: Error: - ADOVARS environment file was not created:
    File = F:\oracle\VIS\apps\apps_st\appl\admin\adovars.cmd
    RW-50016: Error: - APPSCONFIG was not created:
    File = F:\oracle\VIS\apps\apps_st\appl\admin\adconfig.txt
    DBC File
    RW-00023: Error: - DBC file was not created:
    File = F:\oracle\VIS\inst\apps\VIS_srinivas-pc\appl\fnd\12.0.0\secure\VIS.dbc
    HTTP
    checking URL = http://srinivas-pc.nathani.com:8003
    RW-50015: Error: - HTTP Listener is not responding. The service might not have started on the port yet. Please check the service and use the retry button.
    Help Page
    checking URL = http://srinivas-pc.nathani.com:8003/OA_HTML/help
    RW-50015: Error: - Help Page is not responding. The service might not have started on the port yet. Please check the service and use the retry button.
    Virtual Directory
    RW-50015: Error: - Http Server Virtual Directories is not responding. The service might not have started on the port yet. Please check the service and use the retry button.
    JSP
    checking URL = http://srinivas-pc.nathani.com:8003/OA_HTML/jtfTestCookie.jsp
    RW-50015: Error: - JSP is not responding. The service might not have started on the port yet. Please check the service and use the retry button.
    Login Page
    RW-50015: Error: - Login Page is not responding. The service might not have started on the port yet. Please check the service and use the retry button.

Client Certifications
    OS Product Server Status Addtl. Info. Components Other Issues
    Vista SP1 12.0 N/A Certified None None Yes None
    Vista 12.0 N/A Certified None None Yes NoneIt is certified as a Client (Desktop) only. Means, you can access Oracle Apps 11i/R12 from a machine running Windows Vista, but it is not certified as Application/Database tiers.
    And also the below link from blogs.oracle.com says that R12 is certified with vista.
    http://blogs.oracle.com/stevenChan/2008/07/windows_vista_service_pack_1_certified_with_apps_1.html
    Release 12
    - Oracle Applications Release 12 with R12.ATG_PF.A.DELTA.3 (patch 6077669) or later
    - Microsoft Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1) desktop clients running Internet Explorer 7
    - Sun Java plug-in (JRE) 1.5.0_12 or later

• My photoshop elements12 will not update says error and contact adobe but not open now for help.  windows vista

my photoshop elements12 will not update says error and contact adobe but not open now for help.  windows vista

I need the updates because I just purchased a Nikon D60 and my Photoshop does not read the .NEF files produced by the camera.
    Camera Raw plug-in | Supported cameras
    Camera Raw-compatible Adobe applications
    Do you really mean the Nikon D60 which shipped in 2008? Was it purchased secondhand?
    The Nikon D60 was first supported in Adobe Camera Raw 4.4.
    Photoshop CS4 ships with Camera Raw 5.0 so it can read D60 NEF files out of the box. No updates required.
    If you do mean the D60 then something else must be going on. e.g. are you using Nikon software to transfer files from camera to computer?

• I need help installing windows 8.1 on my new laptop help me

i need help installing windows 8.1 on my new laptop Hp Pavilion g7-2298nr help me it installs from store no problem then ask to restart then i restart it it gets stuck at windows logo and drive light on side not blinking i have shut down then it starts fine how to fix this problem so i can get it to install i need do it tonight reply before 8pm

Hello,
    Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.
    Your computer comes with Win 8 pre-installed but one of the steps to install/run Windows 8.1 is having updated drivers for Windows 8.1
    Please, go to Control Panel -> System (or Start -> type winver and open) and verify what is your current version - if it is Windows 8 or 8.1
    Windows 8 is version  6.2.x
    Windows 8.1 is version  6.3.x
    If Windows 8 in place, then , please read this article and enroll in the steps:
    http://www8.hp.com/us/en/pdf/instruct_update_win8.​1_EN_tcm_245_1508074.pdf
    Update to the latest drivers prior and post installation respectively for win 8/8.1 :
    http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Pavilion-g7​-2200-Notebook-PC-series/5296086/model/5333384/dri​...
    Best wishes,
    IT_WinSec
    Hewlett-Packard employee | HP Enterprise Services
    Although I work for HP, I express my personal opinion.
    Visit www.hp.com/makeitmatter
    --Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Thumb Up in the post that you find useful.
    --Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

• Does anybody know to authorize a windows vista computer with the new itunes?

does anybody know to authorize a windows vista computer with the new itunes?

Authorization and Deauthorization
    Macs:  iTunes Store- About authorization and deauthorization.
    Windows: How to Authorize or Deauthorize iTunes | PCWorld.
    In iTunes you use the Authorize This Computer or De-authorize This Computer option under the Store menu in iTunes' menubar. For Windows use the ALT-S keys to access it.
    More On De-authorizing Computers (contributed by user John Galt)
    You can de-authorize individual computers, but only by using those computers. The only other option is to "de-authorize all" from your iTunes account.
      1. Open iTunes on a computer
      2. From the Store menu, select "View my Account..."
      3. Sign in with your Apple ID and password.
      4. Under "Computer Authorizations" select "De-authorize All".
      5. Authorize each computer you still have, as you may require.
    You may only do this once per year.
    After you "de-authorize all" your authorized computers, re-authorize each one as required.
    If you have de-authorized all computers and need to do it again, but your year has not elapsed, then contact: Apple - Support - iTunes - Contact Us.

• Have got a Windows Vista basic and had run a a trial version of LR4 on it - just purchased an LR5 without checking out the complete system requirements. Can I get a complete download of LR4 so that the money I've spent is not wasted. I am not interested i

Have got a Windows Vista basic and had run a a trial version of LR4 on it - just purchased an LR5 without checking out the complete system requirements. Can I get a complete download of LR4 so that the money I've spent is not wasted. I am not interested in upgrading to Windows 7 currently.

There are still retail packs of LR 4 to be found out there - for example, on EBay. It's just important to be careful whether it's a full version, an upgrade, or a student + teacher version. And to be certain it's genuine, and has a serial number which has never been activated before. The serial number that you get with that, should work with any 4.x version of LR, on either MacOS or Windows. And it will almost certainly be heavily discounted compared with the previous price direct from Adobe.
    Of course the other way is to upgrade to Windows 7 SP1, which should also be available discounted, and thus eke out the life of an older PC (I personally would not go to Win8 in such a case). Maybe pick up some RAM also, if that's a problem, provided you can do so cheaply (since that will be simply thrown away in due course, when you get a newer PC),
    Using LR4 instead of LR5 you do miss out on a few nice features, as well as potentially the Raw support and lens profiles for more recent camera equipment.
    LR 4 is obsolete as far as Adobe is concerned. They will not sell a Serial Number for it.

Maybe you are looking for

• Is my Mac Pro the cause of high pitch monitor noise?

I am encountering a faint but persistent high pitch noise through my Yamaha HS-50M monitors when my Edirol FA-66 interface is plugged into my computer via firewire ca ble. I've read all these threads which sound very similar to my issue and have trie

• Caching downloaded classes - again

I created another thread for this problem, please refer to the original thread "caching downloaded classes". Here is the complete code: import java.net.*; import java.io.*; import java.lang.reflect.*; class Connect public static void main(String...a)

• Two VMs and exclusive write access to one file

How can one guarentee exclusive write access to a file when two vms want to write to it? I looked at http://developer.java.sun.com/developer/JDCTechTips/2003/tt0304.html#2 However, I am not sure whether a race condition could happen or not. (I thinki

• Intergration OBIEE with Hyperion WORKSPACE and Shared Services

Hi experts, When I try integrate BI Punisher to Hyperion workspace and Shared Services, But When i come to Admin-> BI Punisher -> Integration. I don't see Hyperion Workspace and Shared Services. How can i do? Please help me. Thanks

• HT2534 I need help on creating an account without credit card.

Well, I tried creating an account, but still there's no "None" in the options on choosing a credit card. I'm using my iPad3 on creating an account. What to do?