"Not enough memory" with MS Starforce MX (GF2 MX400D-T64)

I just installed an MX400D-T64 video card into my system (Win98). Now when I try to open the MS-DOS prompt I receive the message:
"There is not enough memory to run this program. Quit one or more programs and try again."
Doesn't matter if I re-boot, have no other programs open, etc.
So far, everything else seems to work. Is there a setting I can change to keep the video card from grabbing all the memory (512MB in the system)? I would hate to not be able to play Rogue any more! :- (
thanks,
Sean

if you played your game fine before then try removeing the drivers and useing using the drivers from nVidia's site
http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp
Win98 can be a paine about drivers good luck

Similar Messages

• HT4890 I received a pop up on my ipad saying Not Enough Memory with two choices, Close or Settings. When I touch either button on the screen nothing happens. It seems that the screen is frozen. Does anyone know how I can get rid of this pop up.

I received a pop up box saying Not Enough Storage with two choices. Close or Settings but when I tough either one nthing is happening and my ipad seems to be frozen
    Has any one got an idea?

Reset it by holding the power and home buttons at the same time until you see the Apple logo, then release.

• With every second or third file I want to export I get the remark "Not enough memory"

After I have edited an image in Lightroom CC I always export my files to an external hard drive. Lately I get the remark "Not enough memory with every second or third file. Sometimes even with the first file I want to export.
    My RAM memory is 4.00 GB and I stil have 3.25 GB available. I have cleaned my C-drive. When I look at the specifications of LR CC I see that there is a fysical memory available of 719 MB, but LR is using more than that, so it is probably using virtual memory. Could that be the problem and how do I solve the problem.
    I never have any of this problem with other software.

I have LR 5.3 installed on 2 partitions on the same PC and same HD:
    Partition 1 has Win 7 32bit 4GB RAM
    Partition 2 has Win 7 64bit 8GB RAM
    On the 32bit partition, now that I am using larger raw files from a Nikon D610, I find LR  not fit for purpose. I get numerous problems while editing and also get "Not enough memory" when exporting.
    On the 64bit partition, everything works as should.
    AS I've said before: With image files getting increasingly larger, Adobe are way too optimistic, and dare I say - disingenuous, when stating in their System Requirements: "2GB of RAM (4GB recommended)". This can only lead to dissatisfied customers.
    So, as dj_paige says: "The best solution, almost guaranteed to work, is to have both a 64 bit operating system AND 8 GB or more of memory. Upgrading only one or the other probably won't work, you need both."
    Works for me!

• HT4623 Help updated my ipad with IOS 7.0.4. It asks me what language, chooses my wi-fi and then asks.........1 - set up as a new ipad, 2 - restore from iclouds or 3 - restore from itunes but won't restore as not enough memory! What do I do now?

Help updated my ipad with IOS 7.0.4. It asks me what language, chooses my wi-fi and then asks.........1 - set up as a new ipad, 2 - restore from iclouds or 3 - restore from itunes but won't restore as not enough memory! What do I do now?
    I don't want to lose all my pics, songs etc
    Whats my next move as I CANNOT use the ipas at the moment!!!!!!!!

Your iPhone's iOS must be same or newer than the one in backups. In your case it is older so you need to update your iPhone and then recover it with backup.

• Issue with turning on project 2010 / 2013 - "There is not enough memory to complete the operation. To free up available memory, close programs, projects, or windows you aren't using, and then try again."

I get the following error after the installation and configuration window of MS Project: "There is not enough memory to complete the operation. To free up available memory, close programs, projects, or windows you aren't using, and then try again."
    It happens both with MS Project 2010 and 2013 on a Windows 7 desktop. 
    I tried installing / uninstalling Office 2010, MS Project, tried installing 32 and then 64 bit versions, clean up, disk error checker, startup changes (msconfig), anti virus, running as Windows 7 and then Windows XP compatible mode. 
    Nothing helps. I see this issue reported as early as 2007 version of MS projects on Microsoft forums, but I do not see any solution anywhere. Any suggestions on how to fix the issue without having to reformat hard drive? Every other application, including
    all other Office programs work seamlessly. 
    I also tried Microsoft support, after an hour and a half of basically doing what I did before, I was told I have to pay 99$ for "premium" support, so someone can look at this bug. 
    I have 16 Gb RAM and more than 200Gb or hard drive free, so actual memory is not the problem. 

This issue was originally reported with MS Project 2007 and keeps popping up since.
    A quick Google search provides more than 200K pages of results of this issue:
    https://www.google.ca/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=There+is+not+enough+memory+to+complete+the+operation.+To+free+up+available+memory%2C+close+programs%2C+projects%2C+or+windows+you+aren't+using%2C+and+then+try+again.
    And 193K results on Bing:
    http://www.bing.com/search?q=There+is+not+enough+memory+to+complete+the+operation.+To+free+up+available+memory%2C+close+programs%2C+projects%2C+or+windows+you+aren%27t+using%2C+and+then+try+again.&go=Submit&qs=n&form=QBLH&pq=there+is+not+enough+memory+to+complete+the+operation.+to+free+up+available+memory%2C+close+programs%2C+projects%2C+or+windows+you+aren%27t+using%2C+and+then+try+again.&sc=0-0&sp=-1&sk=&cvid=4cb023c1fbd94ec2bba9821b095f21f2
    Computer was defragged already. I run more tests, and specifically when MS Projects tries to run, it tries to take all memory, more than 300Gb, on the computer. (DropBox was running at the same time, and warned that there were no space. As soon as MS Project
    stopped attempting to configure itself, everything came back to normal and the available space became available again.)
    Looking through older forum posts, looks like this application tries to take "unlimited" amount of memory. Some registry fixes are mentioned potentially, but I was not able to apply them. 
    Since everything else works, this is a MS Project bug reported by multiple users on various versions of Windows, including Vista and 7, so please provide a fix and not 'not a know bug' lie. All the premium support will say, is to format the hard drive, unless
    they have a patch or a registry edit solution. If the latter is true, since the issue exists for multiple years, it should have been already been provided to users.
    Also, I am not running a SQL server, or any server, this is an installation on a local machine. 

• Lighting effects not working, 'Could not apply the workspace because there is not enough memory (RAM)' with 4GB RAM?

Tried to use 'render/lighting effects' on 5 more or less new different laptops now. All kind of Window versions.
    They all have at least 4GB RAM. The Graphic Card is compatible.
    Layer to work on is RGB-Type.
    It's all about Photoshop CC 2014, trial version.
    When I go to 'Lighting effects' it says first:
    'The 3D features require that 'Use Graphics Processor' is enabled in the Performance preferences. Your video card must meet the minimum requirements and you may need to check that your driver is working correctly.'
    - I switched the 'Use Graphics Processor' on and off and restarted new - nothing happens.
    - Video card is compatible.
    Second it says:
    ''Could not apply the workspace because there is not enough memory (RAM)'
    - RAM on all the computers I tested it with is at least 4GB
    Please help!

We would need to know the amount of Video ram you have. If it is above 512 MB, then check for driver updates.
    Windows OS
    Click Start.
    On the Start menu, click Run.
    In the Open box, type "dxdiag" (without the quotation marks), and then click OK.
    The DirectX Diagnostic Tool opens. Click the Display tab.
    On the Display tab, information about your graphics card is shown in the Device section. You can see the name of your card, as well as how much video memory it has.
    Once you know the kind of graphics card you have, visit the manufacturer's website to download the latest driver. Here are links for downloading drivers from the most common graphics card manufacturers:
    NVIDIA: http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp
    AMD: http://support.amd.com/en-us/download
    Intel: http://support.intel.com/support/graphics/

• There is not enough memory error with 8gb installed

Description:
    I'm getting an error when trying to copy or cut a collection of basic shapes in CS6 on Mac OS X 10.8.
    It reads:
    There is not enough memory to complete the operation.
    To increase available memory, close other open documents or applications.
    But when i check activity monitor there is plenty of memory available. I can succesfully copy a smal(ler) amount of shapes.
    Steps already taken:
    Tried copying after a system restart with no other programs running.
    Tried adding more memory (i had 4gb originally, I just upgraded to 8gb).
    I reinstalled Flash
    I tried the same procedure (copying the same amount of shapes) on another machine with a similar amount of RAM and this works fine.
    Is there a way you can allocate more memory to flash, or is this some setting that i'm missing?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    P.s. I read this thread http://forums.adobe.com/message/3609214#3609214, and my problem is only different in that i don't have some huge files i'm dealing with. The .fla is only ~10mb.

Thanks for chiming in Mataxia.
    One thing you can try is selecting the layers that have the shapes you want to copy. Then right click and choose copy layers. In my case this works even though selecting just the shapes (instead of the layers) will cause the memory error.
    I'm using this as a workaround, but i can imagine that this isn't of any help in all cases.
    This confirms my suspicions that this is a bug in flash. Would be great if someone from Adobe were reading this...

• Not Enough Memory or Something Wrong with Printer error

My Epson 820 printer works fine and I can print a nozzel check pattern from the printer utility software. However, I can't print from any of my software. I keep getting the error "Something Wrong with Printer" or from some software I get "Not Enough Memory".
    I'm not having any other problems and can do complex graphics in Photoshop without any memory issues. I've checked my printer setup and it clearly sees my printer. My Epson 820 also shows up in the Printing Options dialog box.
    Any suggestions?

Thanks for these suggestions. I believe it's my computer. I've started having additional problems. I opened a .pdf in Acrobat Reader and tried to print. After that I couldn't shut down my computer. Alarmed, I connected my firewire backup disk and backed up my hard drive. Then when I tried to eject the external drive, it didn't allow me to disconnect. It reappeared with the disk icon and a second folder labeled as the external drive but showing the drive was empty. I shut down and rebooted; all my files are in tact on the external drive but there's definitely a computer issue here.
    Any suggestions how I should proceed?

• Need Help with "Not Enough Memory Error" when running executable (is my VI reworkable?)

When I started making this VI, I had no clue about proper VI flow, sub-VI usuage, and much more I'm sure.
    The VI is a program that outputs a 0-5V digiatl signal to a relay board (to actuate an air cylinder) and monitors 4 input voltages (lets say from a pressure transducer) . The program would then shut down the corresponding output channel if a pressure threshold is not met.
    Surprissingly for my first LV program, The VI functions "fine" (the quotes are because I know my programming flow is a mess and probably not efficient) unitl I reach a given cycle count or time elasped, at which time my VI blows up and I receive an error for "not enough memory to complete operatoin".
    I am wondering if there is a simple DAQmx (or something else) command misplaced or missing that would solve this issue. When I started making this VI I had a poor top down design layout, or lack of one. I would like to believe I have learned a lot from making this program with no LV training and if I were to do it again I would utilize state machines and sub VI's more. However, with time not on my side and LV not a priority in my job I would like to know if this VI is reworkable..?
    I should also mention that this program is being run as an executable on a laptop without the full LV development software. I dont know if the executable creation process could have left to this problem either...
    Attached is LV version 10 and 11
    Thanks for the help
    Attachments:
    LCT_DAQmx v11.0.vi ‏173 KB
    LCT_DAQmx.vi ‏135 KB

There are some things you can probabaly do fairly easily.  Four of the inner while loops appear to be very similar.  You could probably make a subVI from one of them and reuse the code.  Some of the shift registers are initialized and some are not.  I suspect that this is an error, although I did not look closely enough to determine which way is intended.  Read up on reentrancy.  You may need that for the subVI.
    The outer loop, if it is needed at all should be stopped by a front panel boolean, not by the Abort button.  Someone on the Forums has suggested that using the Abort button to stop a VI is like using a tree to stop a car - it works but may have undesirable consequences!
    Re-initializing the DAQ tasks and clearing them on each iteration is not very effficient, is slow, and may lead to problems.
    The inner inner while loops (inside On Cycle and Off Cycle) are very similar, differing mostly in the data written. Perhaps you only need Idle and Run (with Data as a parameter).  The inner inner loops might be combined with the outer loops with some change in the way the timing is handled.
    You Dequeue in two places in each loop.  There is no data dependency bewteen the two Dequeue functions, meaning that you cannot be sure which will execute first.  Also, none of the Dequeues has a timeout set. They will wait forever if no data is available.  Queues should not usually be read in more than one location to avoid loss of data or confusion about which data came first.
    Lynn

• Export Results-Not Enough Memory (1).  I need HELP with this please.  Using Windows 7 32-bit.  Intel i5 4690K CPU 16GB RAM 120 SSD and 1 TB harddrive.

Everytime I go to export a photo, I get an error.
      "Export Results:  Not enough memory (1)
    Using Windows 7 32-bit.  Intel i5 4690K CPU 16GB RAM 120 SSD and 1 TB harddrive.

Even though you have 16gb of ram installed, 32 bit Windows can only use 4gb of it so 12gb is wasted.  This is the reason you are getting not enough memory errors and is a known problem with Lightroom an 32 bit Windows during export.   You need to change to 64 bit Windows.

• 'Not enough memory' error using Music Manager with...

When I connect my brand new 6300 to my PC, and try to copy an mp3 onto the phone (either C: phone or E: memory card (128Mb)) the software says 'There is not enough memory in the phone.' This is a lie as the phone is brand new and I have put nothing on it!
    I have tried reformatting the 128Mb SD card that came with the phone but to no avail.
    The only way I can get music onto the phone is in Data transfer mode, upon which the music files seem to work fine - hence not a problem with the memory card.
    Any suggestions?
    Nokia PC Suite 6.83.14.1
    Windows XP with Service Pack 2
    Nokia 6300 Phone
    microSD card 128Mb

In Music Manager go to the menu -> Options -> Settings
    and at the last tab "Nokia 6300" (This tab will appear only if you connect your nokia 6300 with the PC)
    Set the path to the music file which is pointed to your memory card. Ex. "E:\Musics"
    BTW "C:\..." Means the phone memory itself.Message Edited by meji1000 on 19-Jul-200710:18 AM

• My Intel iMac with 4 ext, daisy chained drives freezes up sometimes. If I unplug all drives there is no problem. Also Disk Warrior gives me the error msg,that in Time Machine, (which is on a lg. (1TB ext. HD) error msg me that there is not enough memory

My Intel iMac with 4 ext daisy chained drives freezes up sometimes. If I unplug all drives there is no problem. Also Disk Warrior gives me the error msg (2154) that in Time Machine, (which is on a lg.(1TB ext. HD only 1/4 used space) error msg me that there is not enough memory. I am using Lion 10.7.2.

My Intel iMac with 4 ext daisy chained drives freezes up sometimes. If I unplug all drives there is no problem. Also Disk Warrior gives me the error msg (2154) that in Time Machine, (which is on a lg.(1TB ext. HD only 1/4 used space) error msg me that there is not enough memory. I am using Lion 10.7.2.

• I am turned off completely with GarageBand..I did delete it and re installed but now it's claiming not enough memory, which I guess is a push for me to install more memory. I will do it but I will use garage band as my sou d board only while recordinelse'

II am turned off completely with GarageBand..I did delete it and re installed but now it's claiming not enough memory, which I guess is a push for me to install more memory. I will do it but I will use garage band only  as my sound board only while recording on something else and the. I will delete it.. Real P I A....

How do I upgrade the ram?
    The 2 places I’ve seen recommended most to buy reliable RAM are below. I have purchased RAM several times from Other World Computing and have always been very satisfied with the product and service. They have on-line instructions on how to replace the RAM. OWC has also tested RAM above what Apple states is the maximum. I now have 6GB installed on a machine supposedly limited to 4 GB.
    Crucial
    Other World Computing
    Do a backup, preferably 2 separate ones on 2 separate drives.
    Revert to a Previous OS X - Yosemite
    Revert to Snow Leopard
    If you do revert, I'd use Setup Assistant to restore your data. This process takes a while, so do it when you won't need the computer for several hours, based on my experience.

• TS1503 My iPhone 4 says that there is not enough memory to download apps like Facebook and Instagram. When plugged into iTunes it says that 4GB is filled with "other". How do I clear the "other"?  What is this?

My iPhone 4 says that there is not enough memory to download apps like Facebook and Instagram. When plugged into iTunes it says that >4GB is filled with "other". How do I clear the "other"?  What is this?

Other is usually around 1 GB...
    A  ' Large Other ' usually indicates Corrupt Data...
    First Try a Restore from Backup... But... if the Large Other Persists, that is an Indicator of Corrupt Data in the Backup... Then a Restore as New is the way to go...
    Details Here  >  http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1414
    More Info about ‘Other’ in this Discussion
    https://discussions.apple.com/message/19958116

• Not enough memory on startup disk to run applications with more than 200Gb free!!

I have a MacBook Pro final 2011 with 8 GB RAM and 500 GB disk with Mountain Lion OS X 10.8.5 and I'm using only 56% of my disk (over 276.5 GB). Nevertheless after some time my MAC starts to became slower until it opens a window with the message 'not enough memory on startup disk to run applications' and asking me to choose an application to stop! How can it be that 'not enough memory on startup disk' (espaço insuficiente no disco de inicialização) if I have more than 200 Gb free? Is there anything that can be done to solve that?

1. Empty Trash.
        http://support.apple.com/kb/PH10677
    2. Delete "Recovered Messages", if any.
        Hold the option key down and click "Go" menu in the Finder menu bar.
        Select "Library" from the dropdown.
        Library > Mail > V2 > Mailboxes
        Delete "Recovered Messages", if any.
        Empty Trash. Restart.
    3. Repair Disk
        Steps 1 through 7
        http://support.apple.com/kb/PH5836
    4. Disk space / Time Machine ?/ Local Snapshots
       http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4878
    5. Re-index Macintosh HD
       System Preferences > Spotlight > Privacy
       http://support.apple.com/kb/ht2409
    6. For more on this and very helpful tips:
        http://pondini.org/OSX/DiskSpace.html
        http://pondini.org/OSX/LionStorage.html

Maybe you are looking for

• Folio Builder doesn't allow me to add certain articles

I'm adding articles to folio builder and it's being a little picky about which ones I can add and which ones I can't. They're all formatted in the same size etc., but for some reason 3 of my 30 articles won't give me the "add" option or if I add them

• I can't turn off picture frame by using the settings passcode...the button won't turn it off.

I can't turn off picture frame on the lock screen.  The button accessed through settings won't let me turn it off.  How do I do this?  Thanks.

• XP Issue w/Sequence of Loading Oracle 8i SQL & 6i Forms

I am in the 8i Application Developer Cert Track working on MS Windows XP. Our class was provided with Oracle 8i Personal Edition (for SQL) as the first product to load for Intro to PL/SQL (class I) and PL/SQL Blocks (class II). That product is loaded

• GPS project

Hello, following the recent keynote, I'm delighted to see the GPS as part of the specs. Especially since I worked the past week on a new project http://www.sharepoz.com/en/ It's a website that stores GPS positions of users and provides an API to send

• Uninstall SAP GUI 640, cause IE can not open URL in new tab.

We would like to update all SAP GUI from 640 to 710, all users' GUI is 640 with patch 24. We use SAP GUI installation server to deploy new version GUI. in the test period, We find uninstall 640 GUI, will cause IE problem. IE can't open URL in new tab