Problems getting bluetooth to work on T60

Hi all,
I am trying to get bluetooth to work on my Lenovo Thinkpad T60. Following the wiki article, I installed bluez and made sure that hal, dbus and bluetooth daemons are running. Of course, I have also made sure that the hardware switch for wifi/bluetooth on the front of the thinkpad is turned on.
Now, the situation is:
# lsmod | grep thinkpad
thinkpad_acpi 54236 0
snd 43283 16 snd_seq_oss,snd_hda_codec_analog,snd_seq,snd_hda_intel,snd_hda_codec,snd_hwdep,snd_seq_device,snd_pcm_oss,snd_pcm,snd_timer,snd_mixer_oss,thinkpad_acpi
rfkill 12854 4 bluetooth,cfg80211,thinkpad_acpi
led_class 1843 1 thinkpad_acpi
nvram 4749 1 thinkpad_acpi
# lsmod | grep blue
bluetooth 44753 5 sco,bnep,l2cap
rfkill 12854 4 bluetooth,cfg80211,thinkpad_acpi
# dmesg | grep -i blue
Bluetooth: Core ver 2.15
Bluetooth: HCI device and connection manager initialized
Bluetooth: HCI socket layer initialized
Bluetooth: L2CAP ver 2.14
Bluetooth: L2CAP socket layer initialized
Bluetooth: BNEP (Ethernet Emulation) ver 1.3
Bluetooth: SCO (Voice Link) ver 0.6
Bluetooth: SCO socket layer initialized
If I do "hciconfig --all", I get no output at all. A device /dev/hci* does not exist. So when I run hcitool, it tells me that there is no bluetooth device available:
# hcitool scan
Device is not available: No such device
In this thread is explained that one has to execute "echo enable >/proc/acpi/ibm/bluetooth" to enable the bluetooth hardware:
# echo enable > /proc/acpi/ibm/bluetooth
-bash: /proc/acpi/ibm/bluetooth: No such file or directory
The directory /proc/acpi/ibm/ does exist, but root seems not to have the permission to create files there. If I enter the directory /proc/acpi/ibm/ and do "touch testfile" as root, I get "touch: cannot touch `testfile': No such file or directory".
To make a long story short, I have no idea what to do now to get bluetooth working. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance and kind regards,
jamesbond007.

No one has an idea how to get this to work...?

Similar Messages

• Can't get Bluetooth to work

I can't seem to get bluetooth to work from the Desktop software.
    I can pair my laptop and my Storm and transfer my contact to the PC outside of the desktop software but when I go into the desktop software and select configure bluetooth it doesn't see my Storm device.
    Any ideas?
    Best Regards,
    Brian

on your PC, you need to uninstall the Bluetooth stack from the third party, and have the drivers from Microsoft installed.
    Otherwise no Bluetooth in the Desktop Manager.
    The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:

• Cant get bluetooth to work on iphone 5 wont even discover divices

Cant get bluetooth to work on iphone 5 wont even discover divices

supported bluetooth profiles http://support.apple.com/kb/ht3647
    what are you trying to connect your device to?

• I cannot get Bluetooth to work on my iPhone 4. The wheel just spins. What can I do?

I cannot get Bluetooth to work on my iPhone 4. The wheel just spins.

The device you are trying to pair with must be in pairing (discoverable) mode. You can not pair with other mobile phones or computers (except for tethering).

• [SOLVED] Cannot get Bluetooth to work.

Hallo,
    Well. I can't get bluetooth to work. I have 3 different Bluetooth Dongles to test. lsusb lists them like this:
    Bus 001 Device 027: ID 0a12:0001 Cambridge Silicon Radio, Ltd Bluetooth Dongle (HCI mode)
    Bus 001 Device 026: ID 057c:3800 AVM GmbH BlueFRITZ! Bluetooth Stick
    Bus 002 Device 014: ID 0a12:0001 Cambridge Silicon Radio, Ltd Bluetooth Dongle (HCI mode)
    2 Obviously have the same chip. On my fathers Fedora box all these dongles work. So I started the bluetooth daemon. I connected all 3 sticks and this is what my messages.log tells me:
    May 25 18:33:57 aseria hcid[30513]: Bluetooth HCI daemon
    May 25 18:33:57 aseria hidd[30515]: Bluetooth HID daemon
    May 25 18:34:06 aseria usb 2-9: new full speed USB device using ohci_hcd and address 15
    May 25 18:34:07 aseria usb 2-9: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice
    May 25 18:34:08 aseria usb 1-2.4: new full speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 29
    May 25 18:34:08 aseria usb 1-2.4: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice
    May 25 18:34:13 aseria usb 1-2.3: new full speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 30
    May 25 18:34:13 aseria usb 1-2.3: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice
    They are not recognized. hcid should detect them according to http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Bluetooth
    After searching the forums the solution for others was to turn on dbus. But my dbus is on.
    lsmod | grep blue:
    bluetooth 56484 8 hidp,hci_vhci,hci_uart,bpa10x,bfusb,rfcomm,l2cap,hci_usb
    hcitool lists no available devices. What am I missing? Someone has an idea?
    Stefan
    Last edited by Noneus (2008-05-25 19:42:10)

Hello,
    I have the same issue, I can't get my hands-free kit to work. I want to use it with skype or whatever, but when I try to connect it, i've got:
    [bluetooth]# connect 0C:E0:E4:3A:D6:ED
    Attempting to connect to 0C:E0:E4:3A:D6:ED
    [CHG] Device 0C:E0:E4:3A:D6:ED Connected: yes
    Failed to connect: org.bluez.Error.NotAvailable
    [CHG] Device 0C:E0:E4:3A:D6:ED Connected: no
    [bluetooth]# info 0C:E0:E4:3A:D6:ED
    Device 0C:E0:E4:3A:D6:ED
    Name: PLT_ML20
    Alias: PLT_ML20
    Class: 0x200404
    Icon: audio-card
    Paired: yes
    Trusted: yes
    Blocked: no
    Connected: no
    LegacyPairing: no
    UUID: Headset (00001108-0000-1000-8000-00805f9b34fb)
    UUID: Handsfree (0000111e-0000-1000-8000-00805f9b34fb)
    I did your manipulation, and I have
    `--> sudo modprobe rfcomm
    `--> sudo rfcomm bind rfcomm0 0C:E0:E4:3A:D6:ED
    `--> ls /dev |grep rfcomm
    rfcomm0
    But I can't get it to work as an audio device, it still make when I try to connect it:
    [bluetooth]# connect 0C:E0:E4:3A:D6:ED
    [CHG] Device 0C:E0:E4:3A:D6:ED Connected: yes
    [CHG] Device 0C:E0:E4:3A:D6:ED Connected: no
    what am I doing wrong?
    Thanks in advance

• Anyone had problems getting facetime to work?

Anyone had problems getting facetime to work?

I expect some people have.  What exactly is the problem you are having?
    Lacking specifics, this support document may have the answer you need:  iOS: Using FaceTime, http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4319

• Can't get bluetooth to work on bootcamp

I have macbook pro late 2008 model and i decided to install windows server 2008 r2 on it by using boot camp for my school work.
    I have used windows xp, 7 and 8 all under  the bootcamp without any problem but with windows server 2008 r2 i just can't get my bluetooth to work.
    I have google around and found few usefull steps to get to work but non of them are working for me
    these are the site i tried---
    http://blog.komeil.com/2008/11/installing-microsoft-bluetooth-stack-on.html
    http://www.harbar.net/archive/2008/06/13/Enabling-Bluetooth-on-MacBook-Pro-and-W indows-Server-2008-x64.aspx
    anyone else have another suggestion that i can try to get my bluetooth to work on windows server 2008 r2?

Windows Server 2008 is not supported by Boot Camp, no drivers.
    http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5634

• Getting bluetooth to work

I'm trying to get bluetooth working with my new laptop. I've looked at the wiki, but it doesn't seem to help

I've got the bluetooth daemon running. When I do hcitool scan I get:
    Device is not available: No such device
    I'm pretty sure I have built in bluetooth, because it said on my order form..
    EDIT: I installed kdebluetooth but it doesn't detect anything.
    Last edited by miggols99 (2007-12-29 21:23:02)

• Problems getting loadMovie to work

I've created an Flash movie that I want to load external jpgs
    and swf files, but I can't get it to work. I've tried:
    on (press) {
    loadMovie("running_order/01.jpg", "this.book_mc");
    }

loads the image in a new blank window.
    I've got a blank mc (called holder) with an instance name of
    book_mc. That's in one movie clip and the button with the action is
    in a Tween graphic but that graphic is on the same mc as the empty
    mc.
    I'm at a bit of a loss as to what to do to get this working.
    Sorry for posting in three messages but I couldn't get it to
    display anything after the code so thought this was the best way of
    doing it.
    Thanks in advance for any help.

• Problems getting 9360 to work on VIrgin Mobile

Hi,
    Bought a lovely new Curve 9360 for my daughter on O2 and unlocked it for use on Virgin (she had her original phone stolen, but the contract continues - I'm giving the O2 SIM to my wife!) but am having a devil of a time getting mobile internet working...
    I've hunted around for suggestions.
    One idea was to go to the advanced menu for IP Routing and send a register message. A message seems to go somewhere, but nothing happens in return.
    Another idea was to use Blackberry Desktop Software to select a profile from the tools menu. My software (v 2.1.3 for Mac) doesn't have a tools menu.
    Another idea was to send a service book from the blackberry web site, but when I login, all I get is options to change aspects of my blackberry id.
    Another idea was to key in APN and proxy details into the TCP settings section. There doesn't appear to be anywhere to enter proxy information.
    The network diagnostics tool fails on doing a ping. The tool seems to think it's on T-Mobile. I understand that Virgin uses T-Mobile, so that may be nothing to worry about, but it might be considered slightly odd.
    Of course Virgin support themselves don't seem to know anything about BB OS7 devices.
    This is getting a little frustrating... Please help!
    Thanks

No one has an idea how to get this to work...?

• Problem getting bluetooth apt-x codec to work

Hi fellow mac users,
    I recently bought a creative wp-300 bluetooth headphones (comes with Apt-X support) and tried pairing with my macbook pro retina. The process of pairing the device was quite straight-forward and it was completed without much hassle.
    However everytime I performed an option-click on the bluetooth icon, it shows that my active codec for bluetooth audio is SCO instead of Apt-X. There was only one instance after I messed about with connecting and disconnecting the device, I managed to get it worked with Apt-X codec. Sadly, I could not reproduce the same results after trying for the past few days.
    I have done some research in the forums and I am sure it is not a bluetooth bandwidth conservation issue as I do not use any other bluetooth device except for this headset. Also, in most of the other cases, people seems to be getting their bluetooth headsets to work with SBC codec rather than SCO. May I ask in terms of sound quality and signal consistency (i.e. frequency of losing beats), how does the SCO codec fare against SBC and Apt-X?
    More importantly, is there any way that I can always get my creative headset to pair and work with Apt-X codec? It is just kind of disappointing that I cannot make use of this technology when it is clearly supported by both devices (mac and headset).
    Regards,
    D

Search is your friend: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3891328?start=0&tstart=0

• [Solved] Issue getting Bluetooth to work in Gnome.

So, having just installed Arch successfully for the first time after using Ubuntu/Mint Distro's for about a year I'm starting to move around in the exiting world of Arch Linux, but still having some issues setting a few things up.
    One of these issues is setting up my Bluetooth dongle, it doesn't seem to work, or rather the Gnome Bluetooth menu doesn't want to turn itself on.
    I've got a generic USB 3.0 PCI card, with a USB hub connected to it, and the USB dongle connected to the hub. (Only way I can use my bluetooth headphones in the whole house), so at first I thought it was the PCI card or maybe a USB issue.
    Tested a USB HDD on the regular USB ports of my machine and it pops up no problem. So it's not a USB issue. Tested it with the secondary USB 3.0 port of my PCI card and again, no problem it works.
    Then I tested the journalctl -f command, and while plugging the USB dongle in (to the hub) i got this message:
    des. 28 11:15:34 localhost systemd[548]: Starting Bluetooth.
    des. 28 11:15:34 localhost systemd[548]: Reached target Bluetooth.
    So, something is obviously happening, but there is still no reaction in the Gnome menu. I'm new at this, so chances are there is something obvious Ive missed, please enlighten me.
    Last edited by Exodus111 (2013-12-29 12:25:31)

Hey Muito Obrigado for the help, I tried it and its still the same.
    Pulse Audio is for sound, but I don't have an issue connection my Bluetooth headphones, at least I don't think so, as I have yet to try.
    My issue is getting the USB dongle to even register in the Gnome menu.
    When I go to it the slider is always Off, moving it to On doesn't change anything the rest of the menu is still grayed out.
    EDIT:
    Sorry I just noticed this. In the menu it says Bluetooth is disabled but If I unplug the dongle it says No Bluetooth adapter found. So how do I enable it?
    Thanks again.
    Last edited by Exodus111 (2013-12-29 07:46:50)

• Having problems getting it to work...help me!

I go to school, and our school has a web filtering device
    that prevents us students from accessing many a website, and I
    would like your help. I so far am able to pass the main page that
    pops up when it reads "Web Filter Violation", and get on to the
    websites that are supposed to be blocked, but when clicking a link
    for a video to pop up, it freezes at the black screen with the
    white writing reading "loading..." , because this filter prevents
    its use. I know this because I test my wireless connection every
    where else and these videos work fine. I was wondering if anyone
    could either find a way for me to direct flash/adobe as foreign so
    that the filter will not recognize it and block it, or if someone
    could tell me another type of software they are using because they
    are in the same situation. Now you should know this, using a proxy
    server does not fix this problem, and I can't change the security
    settings because I am merely a student. I have tried these, and as
    far as I am concerned, they don't work. But if it of any
    consellation, I am not directly hooked up to the school by cord,
    I'm picking up signas with an ethernet card, so access to my
    security settings and software I am able to download is unlimited.
    Please help, and thank you.
    ~Thornst3r

I think you're best choice is to work within your school's
    administration to resolve 'why' it's blocked. That's the right
    thing.

• Australian iPhone (unlocked) Problems getting it to work in USA

I took my Australian iPhone with me on our trip to Hawaii in June '09 year. Although AT&T has a monopoly on iPhones in the 'states, this is not the case in Australia where all wireless providers offer them. Anyway, mine is unlocked from any network, and it was my understanding prior to the trip that T-Mobile could sell me a 'prepaid' SIM and also a data pack called 'Sidekick' for my iPhone while in Hawaii. Turns out not so simple...
    I went to a T-Mobile store on Maui and the guy there explained that my phone probably would not work with one of their SIMs as it would need to have been unlocked in a particular way to work with T-Mobile. He put one of their SIMs in it anyway as a test and sure enough it did not work. We're coming to Alaska via Hawaii for 3.5 weeks in June 2010 and it would be handy to solve this problem for that trip, if in fact it can be solved.
    I called a T-Mobile store today and the guy told me they have a prepaid option called FlexPay that would allow me to get a month's voice and data (EDGE at least) while I'm there with no contract. I asked him about my previous experience where a T-Mobile sim card would not work in my phone. The guy said something about the 'base stand' maybe being the issue. Does this make any sense? Any ideas how I can get an unlocked iPhone to work for me in the US or what the technical issue the T-Mobile rep is referring to might be?

If the phone is unlocked, it should work on T-Mobile with no problems. The phone would need a modified carrier file but I don't think that can be talked about on this forum. You can search Google for T-Mobile USA carrier file. That will get you started.
    Oh, and I think the post above mine is spam. I have no clue what it is talking about.

• Problem getting connection to work with WRT54G and iPod Touch 4G

Hi, I just recently received a brand new iPod Touch 4G and I seem to be having connection troubles with it.  This has also happened on my previous iPod (an iPod Touch 1G).  This router has a pretty old firmware from like 2006.  The problem is not that I can connect to the router and get the ipod to show the checkmark, but it is that I cannot get any network connection through the router.  I have a Windows 7 laptop that connects perfectly fine using the router.  Also, I believe my Nintendo DS Lite can connect flawlessly as well.  I noticed that there seems to be a bit of trouble with Apple products connecting to Linksys routers in general.  Does anyone know what may be causing my connection issues?  When I got my iPod Touch 1G, it wouldn't connect from the get-go so I just ignored it and used the wifi at my university whenever I went there during the day. 
    If I need to provide any technical information, I can because I have access to the setup for the router.  Thanks. :-)

Try changing the security mode to WEP and see if that works.
    Open the setup page of the router.
    Click on Wireless tab and go to Wireless MAC filter sub tab. Make sure that Wireless MAC filter is disabled on the router.
    Try to upgrade the firmware on your router.
    Connect the computer with the Ethernet cable to the router.
    Download the latest firmware from Linksys website and save it on your computer. Open the setup page of the router. Click on Administration tab and go to Firmware upgrade sub tab. Browse the firmware file that you have already downloaded and upgrade it on your router.
    After upgrading the firmware on the router, it is recommended that you should reset the router and reconfigure it. Press and hold the reset button on the router for 30 seconds. Release the reset button and wait for 10 seconds. Power cycle the router and reconfigure it.
    Change some advanced wireless settings on the router. Click on Wireless tab and go to Advanced wireless settings. Change the Beacon interval to 75, RTS threshold to 2307 and fragmentation threshold to 2306. Save the settings.

Maybe you are looking for