Sales order BAPI giving error - No item category available (Table T184 ...

I am trying to create a sales order from a portal application using BAPI_SALESORDER_CREATEFROMDAT2. For certain type of materials, an error message is coming like: 
No item category available (Table T184 ZOR NORM PSA1 ZSME) ZOR
Error
in VBAPKOM 000020 VBAPKOM
Item 000030 does not exist 000030
Sales
document was not changed
I have checked in vov4 and consulted SD consultant. The vov4 settings are set as below and our SD consultant says they are ok and need not be changed, as when we are creating this order in SAP, it is a success.
ZOR NORM PSA1 ZSME
ZOR NORM PSA2 ZSME ZSHP
ZOR NORM PSHP ZTAX
Now, the standard code where this error is coming is calling a function module "RV_VBAP_PSTYV_DETERMINE" which checks for the higher level item category. The material at item 10 meets the criteria, but material at item 20 fails as PSA1 does not have any such row (above) indicating higher level iteam.
Interesting thing is when I try to create the order in SAP with these materials, it creates the order. There is also a material substitution rule in place, which also seems to be working fine.
Debugging the standard code has not yet given any result.

Since you had indicated the VOV4 settings, I presume, the item category ZSME is maintained under the tab "DfItC".
On your comments,
For certain type of materials, an error message is coming like:
I feel, the root cause of the issue is Item Category Group in material master.  Check for those which creates an issue with the one which is running successfully.
thanks
G. Lakshmipathi

Similar Messages

• ERROR : No item category exists (Table T184L LB VERP  )

There is a error log "No item category exists (Table T184L LB VERP  ) " when i try to create outbound delivery to subcontractor vendor via TCode ME2O.
    I already add item category LB VERP via TCode 0184, but it still error.
    Could anyone help me please
    Thanks & Best Regards,
    Saiful arif

Hi Arif,
    Did you define delivery item category for LB VERP record in transaction 0184?
    Regards,
    Csaba
    Edited by: Csaba Szommer on Oct 28, 2008 10:32 AM

• Error :Inbound Delivery "No item category exists (Table T184L DIG NORM V )"

Dear Guru's,
    When I try to create an inbound Delivery for an SA i am getting the following error "No item category exists (Table T184L DIG NORM V )" . My problem is, it suppose to look for Delivery Type: EL instead of DIG. I dont know why its look for DIG, can some one point where i am making the mistake?
    I am sure that i should be looking for Delivery Type : EL and Item Category : ELN (for Delivery)
    Please advice...
    Regards,
    Kumar

Dear Kumar ,
    Please check the itemcategory determination for the delivery type DIG in 0184 transaction for combination.
    Delivert type+Norm -
    >Itemcategory
    For Example :- DIG + NORM---->DIGN
    I hope this will help you,
    Regards,
    Murali.

• Error in sales order when selecting a warranty item in configurator 'Please enter required information - Service Reference Type Code'

Error in sales order when selecting a warranty item in configurator 'Please enter required information - Service Reference Type Code'
    Not able to book the sales order because of this issue

Order Management does not support the inclusion of optional service items in a configured Model BOM (see Support article #1296751.1 for more detail).  Allowing for such would therefore require customization.
    As you've found, there's no modeling restriction that prevents you from creating a Model BOM that includes optional service items, nor is there any problem with creating a Configurator Model for it.  And required service items (such as a warranty item that is a required child of an optional BOM component) do not present a problem; they have nothing to do with Configurator, and would never appear as sub-lines in OM.  The problem arises in OM, which requires that any service item be "associated" to the item it's "servicing".  OM does not automatically make such an association with service sub-lines, even though it might be argued that an association may be inferred by the BOM structure (i.e., OM does not assume that an optional service sub-line is necessarily associated, from a service standpoint, with its BOM parent).  OM customization is therefore required in order to hook any service item up to its corresponding product item.  Many customers who configure service along with product have implemented such a customization.
    (Another gap in such a solution that may be relevant to you is that for an included optional service item requiring recurring billing, Order Management does not create the requisite Service Contract.  Customers have likewise developed customizations to address this, as well.)
    As this is not specifically a Configurator matter (you could have created your order without using Configurator at all, and you would have experienced the exact same behavior), please do not take my explanation as being either authoritative or comprehensive (I am a Configurator expert, and only knowledgeable enough about Order Management to be dangerous).  It would be advisable for you to seek more detailed information/recommendations from the Order Management forum.
    Eogan

• Create ecatt script for one sales order creation with multiple line items

Hi ,
    I want to create a ecatt script for one sales order creation with multiple line items. Preferably SAP GUI.
    This selection of data will be from an external file/ variants which will have only one row of data in it.
    Firstly: I have to sort the external file having same PO Numbers in an order.Group them together.
    Second: I have to create sales order for those many line items having same PO Number.
    Best Regard
    Taranum

Hi Micky
    Firstl you should upload the Line items for a particular sales Order in an Internal table
    and then pass that internal table to your BAPI during your coding corresponding to a particu;lar sales order
    In case of any issues pls revert back
    Reward points if helpful
    Regards
    Hitesh

• Sales Order BAPI Extension

Hi,
        We would like to pass custom fields data to Custom screens in VA01 Standard Sales Order. For that we are extending standard BAPI BAPI_SALESORDER_CREATEFROMDAT2 using EXTENSION parameter. We have appended custom structures to VBAKKOZ. VBAKKOZX, BAPE_VBAK,BAPE_VBAKX and able to pass information from portal upto 480 characters using
    valuepart1 and valuepart2.
    But when we are trying to extend it further, standard sales order BAPI
    BAPI_SALESORDER_CREATEFROMDAT2 is going to dump at :
             CALL METHOD cl_abap_container_utilities=>fill_container_c
                            EXPORTING
                               im_value     = da_bape_vbap
                            IMPORTING
                               ex_container =
    ch_parex+lenstruc(da_length_bape_vbap)
                            EXCEPTIONS
                               illegal_parameter_type = 1
                               OTHERS                 = 2.
    We need to extend it up to 900 chars.
    Any help on this will be greatly apprecited.
    Thanks
    Kalyan

I found shortly after posting my message that the notes had not been correctly applied as the Notes Assistant ended with an error, and the error that resulted in this failure had not been corrected.  The basis folks failed to inform me that this error had occured in applying the notes.  I discovered it through testing.  Had you applied the notes and run into the same error?
    When we subsequently corrected for this, the issue with lenstruc went away and everything appears to be OK.  The real problem was that due to the error in the Notes Assistant the updated version of LVBAKTOP with the definition of lenstruc did not get activated.  It was left in a state where it needed an SSCR key to be applied manually, which should all have been handled automatically with SNOTE.
    Once this was done and the source was activated, the original error went away.  The two notes seem to have solved the original Unicode issue as well.
    We still have this update in the development area only since the CRM enhancements that caused the original problem with an append to the VBAK structure are also still in development.   We will be testing those changes together before moving everything up.  If there are any further issues that come up, I'll let you know.
    What I am wondering is if you had a similar problem applying the above notes, since the problem went away for us when the notes to handle the Unicode conversion were properly applied.
    Brian
    Edited by: Brian Sammond on Jul 24, 2008 10:55 AM

• Mass sales order costing(ck55) error

hi
    If i do individual sales order costing , no error.But same sales order has done in ck55,error"item is not relevant for billing" ,but in single sales order costing is ok, .what is reason.
    system message
      Item is not relevant for billing
        Message no. CK_MCSO029
    Note
        You can remove this message from the log with the customizing
        transaction User-Defined Error Management for Mass Costing of Sales
        Documents. The item will still not be costed, however.
    Diagnosis
    System Response                   
    reg
    nagesh
    Edited by: nageshrr on Jul 5, 2011 2:01 PM
    Edited by: nageshrr on Jul 5, 2011 2:04 PM

no replies and my thread was dead.

• Error while creating I/B delivery: No item category exists (Table T184L EL)

Hello all,
    When I save output type "SPED" in outbound delivery, Inbound delivery automatically gets created.
    But in this case error occured:
    "No item category exists (Table T184L EL NLAG V )"
    1. Specified material is HALB.
    2. Item Cat in MMR is NORM
    3. in Table T184 for "Delivery item Category Determination", configuration for EL NLAG V is NOT exists. But EL NORM V is exists
    4. Testing for the SAME material in Test server is PERFECT. I/B delivery created automatically. Master data in Test system is replica of Production system.
    Then where is the wrong....????
    Could any one help on this?
    Thanks
    Tushar

Please have a look at your material. In material master there's a so called item category group (MARA-MTPOS_MARA and MVKE-MTPOS; these are on sales 2 view).
    Please compare the value in this field in the materials used in test (NORM?) and production system (NLAG?).
    This is one factor in item category determination as you can see in table T184L.
    Edited by: Csaba Szommer on Jul 19, 2010 2:18 PM

• Error in GR(No item category exists (Table T184L HID  V ))

Hi,
    While doing GR for stock material the below error appears
    No item category exists (Table T184L HID  V )
    Please help.
    Urgent.
    Points will be rewarded.
    Regards

Hi,
    Sales View not there for the Material.
    Material Type is HIBE.
    While posting MIGO,below before saving 'DELIVERY BEING PREPARED' appears then the above error appears.
    Please reply.
    Regards

• How to change pricing Conditions in Sales order in change sales order bapi

Hi Experts,
    How to change pricing Conditions in Sales order in change sales order bapi.
    I have used the 2 function modules bapi-changesalesorder and sd salesdocument change, But it is creating the new record , instead of changing the existing one, Could please assist regarding the same
    Thanks in Advance .
    NLN

HI NLN
      I have just tried on my system and managed to overwrite the existing price by passing the following parameters.
      <b>Import Paramters:</b>
         SALESDOCUMENT - Sales Document Number
         ORDER_HEADER_INX - UPDATEFLAG as <b>'U'</b>.
         LOGIC_SWITCH - Import Structure - Pass 'X' to LOGIC_SWITCH-COND_HANDL.
      <b>Tables:</b>
         CONDITIONS_IN - ITM_NUMBER,
                         COND_COUNT, -> Condition counter same as KONV-ZAEHK generally it is <b>'01'</b>
                         COND_TYPE,
                         COND_VALUE,
                         CURRENCY.
         CONDITIONS_INX - ITM_NUMBER,
                          COND_COUNT,
                          COND_TYPE,
                          UPDATEFLAG as <b>'U'</b>,
                          CURRENCY.
       Hope i have clarified your query.
    Kind Regards
    Eswar

• Mapping between Sales Order-Schedule-Line and Delivery-item

Hi together,
    I want to extend the Datasource 2LIS_12_VCITM (Delivery-number, -item, Order-number,-item is available) by Sales Order Schedule Line.
    Could not find any ERP table (VBEP and LIPS allow a mapping only on item level) for the mapping between Sales Order Schedule Line and Delivery item yet. The use of the extractor 2LIS_12_VCSCL for the extention (e.g. infoset) afterwards is no option.
    Thanks for your help in advance!!
    Assign full points!!
    Sven

Hi Reddy,
    thanks for your answer.
    I know that I have to add this field.. but the problem is, how to fill this field. I don't know how to map the delivery-item with the schedule line-item.

• Particular sales order of the same line item hv created multiple production

sir,
    I am having a problem in MD04. A particular sales order of the same line item hv created multiple production order.and continously planning is going on... I didn't get why it happens.
    Will u please suggest me what should i do in this case?
    Regards
    Meenu

Hello sir,
    yes, ofcourse, for the finished material have the BOM with some semifinished productes which are to be produced .
    In co02 , we can go through the collective production order.
    One more thing is that, in the multiple production order date(scheduling date) shows in forward(future dates).
    For ex:09-05-2010.
    Regards
    Meenu

• Q30: Cannot find sales order for a committed stock item

I have a few item numbers which show committed stock in item master data/stock but I cannot find an open sales order or even with an open line on a closed sales order. I have tried various query reports without success.
    Does anyone have a key to unlock this problem?
    Thanks,
    Robin

Hi,
    Sorry but I am pretty new to SAP and on a learning curve so no idea what note 999124 is or even where/how I would use it.
    Can you explain further please?
    Robin
    Lakshmipathi     
    Forum Points: 34,462 
    Solved problem (10)
    Very helpful answer (6)
    Helpful answer (2)
       Re: Q30: Cannot find sales order for a committed stock item  
    Posted: Jan 12, 2011 3:18 PM    in response to: Robin Bellion           Reply 
    Check Note 999124 - Incorrect committed\On order quantity when changing orders
    thanks
    G. Lakshmipathi

• On Sales Order form Validation for selection tax category as Form C

Hi All Experts,
    Please help me out for the Validation on Sales Order Form that if CST (Central Sale Tax) Sales Tax code Selected in the transaction form should not get added (Posted into the system) till the Tax Category in the Tax Tab is not selected with Form C.
    Thanks in advance...
    Arinjay Shah

hi,
    In sales order,you can manually update transaction category even after adding document,
    Why there is need for validaion,If u requires validation use approval procedure,since it
    can be activated only at header level.
    Use this query to trigger approval procedure
    Select DISTINCT 'True' Where $[RDR12.TransCat] IS NULL OR $[RDR12.TransCat] = ' '
    Jeyakanthan

• How to identify Sale Order costing is required for Items in Sales Order

Howstandard cos estimate*w to identify Sale Order costing is required for Items in Sales Order?
    On which criteria we can conclude Sale Order Costing is reqd ?
    ? * means what and wat is the purpose and how to chk for the Item in Sales Order, either it is required or not**.

Hi Dharamveer,
    The best way is to make the order qty is equal to the quantity delivered. This way, when some one looks at this order in future - they think that the order was for X and the delivery was for X qty is completed. They will not know the background of the issue unless they go through change log. Even in change log, they see that the Ord qty was adjusted, but may not understand why?
    The good practice is to make order qty equal to already delivered qty.
    Create a new line for the remaining qty and reject the same with appropriate reason for rejection. This way, any one can understand the background , the reason for rejection easily. Hope it helps !

Maybe you are looking for

• Error 6 while Building Labview Application OSX

Hello everyone, I have an application I am trying to compile on OSX10.8 using Labview 2012. I built the application fine yesterday, however, after some work today I don't seem to be able to replicate the feat. Everytime I try to build I receive the f

• How to create an Adobe Acrobat 9 PDF within Quark 8.1

Hi there room... I recently upgraded to Snow Leopard, and downloaded the compatible 8.1 Quark update.... My old method of creating an Adobe PDF from within Quark 98 was to first create a "Printing Output Style" for the document in Quark 8... then goi

• N95 wish list

I just switched from Sony Ericsson phone to N95 2 days ago and straight away I found that there were few things N95 lacks of. And I am referring to only simple things not major features. So here are my N95 wish list. I hope that Nokia can do somethin

• Oracle View that stores the Query execution time

Hi Gurus i m using Oracle 10G in Unix. I wudiold like to know which Data dictionary view stores the execution of a query. If it is not stored then hw to find the query execution time other than (Set timing on) command. What is the use of elapsed time

• Problem with connect_by_isleaf in apex

Hello, I'm having problem with a query that, executed in sqlplus and in apex htmldb workshop, gives me different results ! try the following : CREATE TABLE test_tab (ID INT PRIMARY KEY, ID_MASTER INT, DESCRIPTION VARCHAR2(100),PLACE INT); INSERT INTO