Serious Power Issues with T61

All,
  The organization I work for has started to have some serious power issues with our T61 model Thinkpads. Additionally, the problem now seem to be carrying over into our T500 Thinkpads.
  About 4 months ago we started receiving consistant calls regarding users that can't power their laptops on. These are T61 and T500 laptops mounted to mobile carts in our various nursing units in numerous hospitals. These laptops sit stationary for 95% of the time and are almost always plugged into wall power. We quickly discovered that the only way to get the laptops to power on was to unplug them from all power sources and reseat the battery, after which they powered right on. We've had this problem in the past with users T61s that aren't on carts, but this is slightly different as the batteries on the cart mounted laptops are always 100% drained after we reseat them.
  I'm completely baffled by this issue. I've tried every variation of 3 different carts, -- one with external battery on cart, two without -- both 90 and 65 watt power supplies, and standard and 9 cell batteries that I can come up with and the problem continues to occur. Initially we had atributed the problem to ESD because this started during the low humidity months of winter, but it is now spring and the problem is still happening.
  Under normal circumstances I'd just replace the few ailing laptops and call them in under warranty, but this seems to be a general model issue as this is occuring across the board on 100+ laptops at this hospital alone. Any assistance to help identify the issue and/or how to resolve it would be appreciated.
Thanks,
David

Slider5634,
Do you have a critical situation open for this?  If so, while you are free to post here, working through the project office as a managed account should get you to the right level of support to address an issue that sounds pervasive, and may or may not be influenced by unknown environmental factors.
If you don't have a situation open, then I would urdge you to contact your account rep.  If you need help, or unsure of this, please send me a PM with your contact information, and your hospital or corp account name so I can get you the right level of assistance.
jgm1234,
What model type T61's are you experiencing this issue with?  Can you provide some more information here about the situation?  Configuration, when this first started occuring,  environment (connected to lan, wired / wireless, stand alone, all in same physical location, or distributed at multiple locations, etc)
Thanks!
Mark
ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
twitter @lenovoforums
English Community   Deutsche Community   Comunidad en Español   Русскоязычное Сообщество

Similar Messages

• Serious resolution issues with After Effects CC (2014) on Windows 8.1 Pro on Dell Precision M3800 laptop??

My new company installed Adobe Creative Cloud (There was some annoying Proxy issues at first, because of the seriously tight I.T policies) but we are having some serious resolution issues with After Effects CC 2014 (also have this resolution problem with Adobe Premiere, Media Encoder, Muse) on Windows 8.1 Pro on a Dell Precision M3800 laptop with icons and interface looking too small and hard to see, is there a fix, an update or a work around, can anyone help?
    Any help will be appreciated!
    k.regards
    Ramon

Hi Todd is there a time-frame for this fix, there is a lot of pressure on me, because I convinced my company to get the Creative Cloud and quite a lot of the CC software is not compatible with the latest Windows 8.1 OS.
    Is there at least a work around, until this big fix comes along?
    k.regards
    Ramon

• My 2007 Macbook pro Intel Core 2 Duo   Processor Speed 2.33 GHz has power issues with one or some of my USB powered devices. Last night I could not back up my Lacie external drives with software SuperDuper, hard drive copier. I also had a message that Tim

My 2007 Macbook pro Intel Core 2 Duo   Processor Speed 2.33 GHz has power issues with one or some of my USB powered devices. Last night I could not back up my Lacie external drives with software SuperDuper, hard drive copier. I also had a message that Time machine failed. I have two powered 12V USB
    routers that are plugged into a 550VA CyberPower surge protector. I often receive these insufficient USB power for devices messages a dozen times even when I do not have devices like camera, Ipad, Ipod, and Tascam digital audio recorder plugged in. Is there a way to troubleshoot these USB routers or should I consider that one of the routers may be defective and replace them?
    David

My 2007 Macbook pro Intel Core 2 Duo   Processor Speed 2.33 GHz has power issues with one or some of my USB powered devices. Last night I could not back up my Lacie external drives with software SuperDuper, hard drive copier. I also had a message that Time machine failed. I have two powered 12V USB
    routers that are plugged into a 550VA CyberPower surge protector. I often receive these insufficient USB power for devices messages a dozen times even when I do not have devices like camera, Ipad, Ipod, and Tascam digital audio recorder plugged in. Is there a way to troubleshoot these USB routers or should I consider that one of the routers may be defective and replace them?
    David

• SERIOUS lag issues with Intel iMac

Hello everyone,
    I'm pretty frustrated right now. I've been having this serious lag issue with my new iMac for the past few days. I think it may have started after I ran the last security update.
    What happens:
    When switching between apps, the system will hang for 1-3 seconds between doing anything. This includes typing, mouse requests, etc. It's VERY frustrating. I have activity monitor open currently, and I am seeing both Safari and SystemUIServer hogging up the CPU resources like CRAZY. I've even seen Safari recently give a CPU usage of 120%, right before I loaded this webpage. tis isn't just centralized to Safari too.... I have the following apps running:
    Adium 0.89.1
    FoireFox 1.5.0.8
    Safari
    Activity Monitor
    My Memory stats currently are:
    175MB Wired
    708MB Active
    618MB Inactive
    1.47GB Used
    There should be no reason I'm getting these lags with just two web browsers and a chat client open.
    Has anyone else expierenced the lags?? Any suggestions? I'm almost ready to reinstall OS X and not run the last security update. Thanks
    iMac 1.83 GHz Core Duo   Mac OS X (10.4.8)   1.5GB RAM, Extermal LaCie 160GB FW Porsche Drive, Griffin iMate, iPod Min 4GB, JBL Creature Speakers

Hello Matthew
    Are you running any maintenance scripts on a regular basis?
    http://www.thexlab.com/faqs/maintscripts.html
    I would manually run this script from The X Lab, and my load times would improve greatly. The problem was, I would forget to run them untill I noticed web pages loading slow or iTunes and iPhoto taking for ever. It wasn't untill someone here in discussions suggested Anacron that I saw the light. WOW what a difference Anacron has been making in my overall system speed. My iMac has not been shutdown for 11days 5hrs 34mins (sleep or use only) and opening new App's, switching App's and web pages load as fast or faster than after a fresh start up. If your system is operating properly and you are having only what seems to be a slow or sluggish issue Anacron will make a difference.
    http://members.cox.net/18james/anacron-tiger.html
    Dennis
    17" iMac Intel Core Duo 1.5GB Ram   Mac OS X (10.4.8)   Maxtor 300GB FireWire 2G Nano

• Serious locking issues with Main Stage 3

Having serious locking issues with main stage 3.  I just did a music gig over the weekend with main stage 3, and the application locked up 8 times during my performance.  There were also several times where there was a delay between the time I struck a key on the midi controller and the time sound actually came out of the audio interface.  Has anyone else ran into this problem??
    I am running mountain lion 10.8.5, on a 2009 Macbook 2.53 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo. w 8 GB Ram.
    Anyone know how to fix this, if even possible?  

Just read some reviews. There seems to be a lot of problems with the latest main stage update.  I didn't notice these latency problems until did the latest update..
    Apple please fix this quickly!!!

• Z87-G65 power issue with usb(port reset failed)

All,
    I'm having an issue with my motherboard and wanted to see if anyone had suggestions.  In windows 8.1 if I have my webcam or external hard drive plugged in USB.  I get this error the the USB device is not recognized and the port reset failed(code 43).  I noticed when I turn on the PC and it's booting the light on the webcam and hard drive flash like it's not drawing enough power to stay on.  The boot sticks at 9c on the screen and I have to reset.  When windows boots they turn off.    Since it's before windows boots I think this is either a MB issue or a power supply issue.  I have a corsair 750 watt power supply so plenty of power.  Any ideas?

Board: MSI Z87-G65
    Bios: Version 1.9
    VGA:   MSI Gaming N780 TF 3GD5/OC GeForce GTX 780 3GB 384-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 SLI Support Video Card
    PSU:   CORSAIR HX Series HX750 750W ATX12V 2.3 / EPS12V 2.91 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply New 4th Gen CPU Certified Haswell Ready
    Intel Intel Core i7-4770K Haswell 3.5GHz LGA 1150 84W Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics BX80646I74770K
    MEM: CORSAIR Dominator Platinum 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 Desktop Memory Model CMD16GX3M2A1866C9
    HDD: SAMSUNG 840 EVO MZ-7TE500BW 2.5" 500GB SATA III TLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)
    COOLER: NZXT Kraken X60 RL-KRX60-01 Ultra Performance Water/Liquid CPU Cooler 280MM
    CASE:  NZXT H630 CA-H630F-W1
    I am plugging them into the USB 2.0 ports on the back of the motherboard, but it doesn't seem to matter where I plug them in I get the same errors.

• Serious boot issues with Powerbook G3 (Wallstreet II, OS 9.2.2)

Hello,
    I have major issues with a Powerbook Wallstreet II I got recently. When it's finally running, it works just as well as Wallstreet Powerbooks usually do, no errors, no crashing, smooth performance, everything fine.
    But booting it up is, to put it mildy, a bloody pain. First off, it does not power up, when it's only connected to batteries. I have two of them, both working fine for several hours when put in after bootup, but no matter if I place one or both of them in any bays, nothing happens when pressing or holding the power button (apart from screen flickering and speaker crackling). I'm always forced to connect the power adapter, which immediatly (without pressing the power button) causes the power LED to light and the cooling fan insanely spins up for a mere couple of split seconds until everything wents silent again.
    Having reached this point, I can disconnect the power supply (if at least one battery is in) and usually hear a nice "BONG" when pressing the power button once again. Thereafter, nothing happens for a oppressive 30 seconds, then, the screen finally lits and shows the Mac OS 9.2.x splash screen on monochrome background. Sadly, this is already the end of most of my first boot up tries, because at this point, I usually get told by a dialogbox that a bus error has just happened. The box also has a nice "Reboot" button, which I cannot click as the trackpad hangs as well.
    Pressing ShiftFn+CrtlPower works here in about one out of three time, so in most cases, I have to go through the same procedure. Pull out power sources, give a shot via PSU, have it iddling for 30 secs. In most cases, this second try lets me pass splash screen, loader, yes, it even lets me see the desktop, the taskbar, the HDD icon and... pouf. Success is so close but no, it has to suddenly drop into sleep mode and
    a short press on power proves the apprehension true, that it won't be easy to wake it up again. Hrmph. But I don't give that easily. So pulling everthing out for the second time, connect PSU for the third time and look there, it fully boots.
    Three tries to successfully boot is about average at first try series. Afterwards, it seems to be "warmed up" and things get easier. I made a log recently with 5 test series, made at very frequent intervals:
    Series 1:
    1. Bootup: Bus Failure (Hard reboot fails) (bays empty)
    2. Bootup: Sleep Mode (bays empty)
    3. Bootup: Sleep Mode (bays empty)
    4. Bootup: Sleep Mode (both batteries)
    5. Bootup: Bus Failure (Hard reboot successful)(both batteries)
    6. Bootup: Success (left battery, right bay empty)
    Series 2:
    1. Bootup: Success(left battery, right bay empty)
    Series 3:
    1. Bootup: Bus Failure (!!!) (left battery, right bay empty)
    2. Bootup: Success (bays empty)
    Series 4:
    1. Bootup Success (left bay empty, right battery)
    Series 5:
    1. Bootup Success (both batteries)
    Thanks in advance for any helpful suggestions.

jpl,
    Thank you for continuative support.
    If you plan on buying a 256MB memory module, the Wallstreet requires
    a 256 specifically made for it (and the early iMac
    and Lombard). Modules 128MB and smaller can be
    generic if they meet the Wallstreet's specs.
    Thanks for this information.
    You might find it useful to disassemble the 'book to the PMU, carefully remove/reseat the PMU card, then test.
    Well, to be honest, I don't have the time to perform this very labour-intensive work. However, I pulled out the large PMU connector (the one that can be reached by lifting the keyboard) and reseated it, without any results. Shouldn't that suffice? Or is there another connection that could need maintenance?
    Regarding sleep: There is no display position sensor, only a simple magnet in the right display bezel approximately 4" from the bottom...you can stick a paperclip to it. When the display closes, it triggers a sleep switch located next to the delete key in the side rail.
    Ah, okay.
    According to Apple, if the powerbook will not run on battery, it could be the charge card or PMU board or power supply card or logic board. However, your 'book apparently runs on battery once started via power adapter.
    Actually, it does not allow me to power up, if I attach the adapter right after an unsuccessful try to operate from battery. Even if I remove the batteries (after adapter connection).
    It's like it is "crashed" before it's even running. Which means, I have to pull all power sources to be able to perform the resuscitating power up via adaptor.
    A normal power manager reset on the Wallstreet is this:
    1. If the computer is on, turn it off.
    2. Simultaneously press Shift-Fn (function)-Ctrl >(control)-Power.
    3. Wait 5 seconds.
    4. Press the Power button to restart the PowerBook >computer.
    A successful reset will briefly flash the sleep light plus >spin up the fan for a second. If a reset does not solve the >startup and sleep issues, then you will have to look >elsewhere.
    I can see the sleep LED and I do hear the fan, however, this didn't help in most cases. After perfoming this action (in a freeze situation), I usually only got rattling noises out of the speakers or screen flashes when trying to power up.
    Be sure the powerbook only freezes when closing the display to sleep it.
    Well, I noticed it sometimes also freezes when left idle directly after start up (and power save is activated). Later, it comes right back again.
    - Is the sleep light blinking before you open the display?
    Yes.
    - When the display is opened, does the sleep light continue to blink? (It should.)
    Yes.
    - When you press the power button, do you hear a 'buzz' or some similar noise? If you do, you may have another issue to explore.
    No. I usually only hear speaker noise when trying to power up from battery. But oddly enough, the lenght of the sleep light blinks changes when power button is hold down in "frozen sleep".
    I would also go to the System Folder > Preferences folder and drag the Energy Saver Preferences to the Trash, close all windows, then restart...a new preference file will be created on restart. You can reset the Energy Saver to your like, then test sleep.
    Done.
    -Does sleep/wake always work when NOT closing the display? Try this after resetting the power manager and trashing the pref file mentioned below.
    If I initiate sleep, yes. If it suspends automatically, well, usually. But not always (see above).

• Power issues with Mac Pro (early 2009)

I have a problem that seems to be related to power issues. I have to disconnect the power cord for a few hours, then, I connec it again and turn on the mac. I have replaced the power supply (by a certified technician) and the problem seemed solved. Nonetheless I added a fourth disc drive and the problem presented again. I have two video cards a 20" cinema display and a 24" LED display (Apple) connected to a GT120. 10 GB RAM.
    Every time I connect the computer there is an Inrush alarm in the UPS I have it connected to.
    Does anybody else have had with this issue?

As Allan mentioned, the UPS is way too small for the task. I've seen mention of folks who have 1300's that are fine, but target recommendation (and what I plan to get soon) is 1500. Also, make sure you don't have a laser printer plugged into the same UPS.

• Vista SP1 -- Driver issues with T61

Vista SP1 is now avaibale through automatic downloads. However, it is not available for my T61. A quick search on the net reveals that there appear to be some issues with the drivers -- finger print and Intel integrated video drivers.
    Are there any workarounds available?
    Any idea where one could download the new drivers?
    Is anyone else also experiencing these issues?
    Sushil
    ThinkPad T61, (7658CTO), T7500, Integrated Graphics, 320 GB HDD, 3 GB RAM, 1 GB Intel Turbo Memory, Vista (32 bit) Business

Hello,
    I have installed the slipstreamed DVD containing Microsoft Windows Vista with Service Pack 1 from MSDN on my T61p and reinstalling the latest downloadable versions of the Lenovo-provided software without any problems, however, that was with a retail installation of Windows Vista and not the Lenovo-provided OEM version.
    It could be there is something about your T61's operating environment which prevents the service pack from being displayed on in Windows Update.  Microsoft knowledgebase article #948343, "Windows Vista Service Pack 1 is not available for installation from Windows Update and is not offere..." explains the eight most likely reasons for this, along with steps on how to troubleshoot them.
    If none of those seem to apply and you are ready to proceed, here are links to the download pages for Microsoft Windows Vista Service Pack 1:
    Windows Vista Service Pack 1 Five Language Standalone (32-bit)
    Windows Vista Service Pack 1 Five Language Standalone (64-bit)
    Windows Vista Service Pack 1 Release Notes
    What you might want to do is back up any valuable data, make sure you have any other files available for software you might need to reinstall in case things go badly, and then try applying the service pack.  I wrote a short note in my personal blog here about some steps to take before installing the service pack—nothing that should really surprising, though.
    Regards,
    Aryeh Goretsky
    Message Edited by goretsky on 03-20-2008 02:02 AM
    I am a volunteer and neither a Lenovo nor a Microsoft employee. • Dexter is a good dog • Dexter je dobrý pes
    S230u (3347-4HU) • X220 (4286-CTO) • W510 (4318-CTO) • W530 (2441-4R3) • X100e (3508-CTO) • X120e (0596-CTO) • T61p (6459-CTO) • T43p (2678-H7U) • T42 (2378-R4U) • T23 (2648-LU7)
      Deutsche Community   Comunidad en Español Русскоязычное Сообщество

• Image Ultra Builder 3.x issue with T61 Network Driver load

Hello,
    I am having issues with a Network deployment of an image on a T61 (7659-12U) During the intial boot up phase with the Network Boot disk that was created from IUB, I receive and error 1231 - The Network Location cannot be reached..  I am currently using IUB for deployment of A31, T40/42 as well as the T60 model line. None of these loads are having the problem.
    Any help on this would be very much appreciated.
    Thank-you in advance.
    Ed

Hi,
    IUB 4.01 is using WINPE 2.0<Vista based> and IUB 3.1 was using WINPE 1.0/1.1<XP Based>.
    This has nothing to do with the actual image deployment. It's just that the WINPE looks more like
    Vista. And this is why the method changed after you updated from 3.0/3.1 to 4.00/4.01.
    To answer your questions from before:
    1) Does updating IUB to version 4.01 still allow me to deploy Windows XP ?
    Yes, it's still supported and possible.
    2) Where on the boot CD should the new driver files be located. I took this to be PREBOOT\DRIVERS ?
    As the new IUB is using WINPE 2.0, the best location for the NIC drivers is the file :
    tvtos\winpe.wim
    However, this is my advice.!
    For my Image deployment I'm no longer using the CD for network deployment. I'm using USB key which gives me more options for the image deployment and the automatization of the deployment process.
    However, if you want to use CD for network deployment, then you can do it in following way.
    !!!NOTE: this is not the offical way, nor the supported way, but trust me, that it's working like charm !!!
    - go to your repository location %repositorylocation%\modules
    - find the file called "Z633003A.TVT" and open it using your fav zip application
    - after you open this file, go to following location: tvtos\
    - extract the "winpe.wim" and using WAIK unmount this file and add the NIC drivers into this .wim file
    - after all the drivers are in the winpe.wim file, just copy it back to the "Z633003A.TVT" file and create a new Deployment CD
    How to add NIC driver using WAIK:
    This is prety easy step, but for more info, check following link:
    http://www.svrops.com/svrops/articles/winvistape2.htm
    As I described earlier, I'm using USB key for Network image deployment, so I have not done it this way, but I have done it a bit simplier.
    Here are my steps:
    - created a Distribution USB key <suing the same method, that you are using when you create a Network deployment CD, but instead of a CD I select my USB key>
    - once the USB key was created successfully I unmount the "tvtos\winpe.wim" file and add all the NIC dirvers into it
    This is all that I have done.
    Yes, of course there are couple other steps, that I do, like modifying the BCD file, adding other WINPE files, diagnostics and other deployment tools, however, this is not realy a part of IUB, I'm using it for my WDS server and other deployment tools, that I need to use. If you know, what I mean, then you surely understand, that it's a live safer to have everything on one USB key, then on multiple CD where I need to search throught all of then to find the correct CD.
    Let me know, whether this method is more suitable for you.
    As described above, this is not the realy official/supported way, but it's working for sure.
    Rgrds 

• Serious mouse issues with GTK

my mouse and touchpad for my laptop have always worked without any sort of problem. i recently switched to openbox from gnome and it's been a wonderful experience so far. i tried cleaning out unnecessary gnome stuff and installed KDE to toy with it a little. needless to say shortly afterwards i ditched KDE and switched back to openbox, only to discover my mouse being screwed. i can move the cursor around and such but after a few seconds of running my ability to click and right-click is gone. i tried re-installing gnome completely hoping it might effect it and logged into a gnome session instead but the problem is persisting here as well. if i am using my mouse in a window, i cannot select anything on the panels with it whatsoever without repeatedly right clicking in the window close to the panel and then clicking the panel. and whenever i have the panel selected i can interact with it fine but cannot switch over to any windows. it's making me believe there's something going on with the mouse thinking it's "stuck" on the panel or window so clicking outside of it is rendered useless. i really don't know, i've tried searching online and such for any help on the topic but could not find anything and this is my final resort before going completely mad. any help would be greatly appreciated.
    EDIT: i've tried toying with settings in gnome in regards to the mouse and stuff, basically just doing anything i possibly can and while using a window from the control panel for the mouse and clicking within it i started opening a ton of control panel items (appearance, etc.) leading me to believe it's definitely an issue of the mouse being stuck in a window or something.
    Last edited by hustletrees (2010-07-01 04:11:28)

Your mouse is handled by xorg, so you need to make sure it's configured correctly. "mouse issues with GTK" simply doesn't make any sense.
    My guess is that somewhere in the middle of changing WM/DE, you also did a system upgrade (a good thing) without reading Arch news (a bad thing), so you now have xorg 1.8 and you need to change your config accordingly.

• Serious Issues with T61!!!!

i just bought my t61 , it has a number of issues...
    1- the hard disk is always been accessed by some pre installed software. so when its on battery, this thing eats up all of my battery charge.
    2- i have a 7200 rpm 160gb hdd.. but it only shows 149.5 gb space in which about  7 gb is allocated to healthy EISA configuration.
    3- there is always a problem of my softwares generating an error, thus making my explorer unstable and the windows starts to get slow and generate continuous errors. VISTA HOME PREMIUM.
    4- thi finishing is not like the old ibm thinkpad i had. I SERIES
    5- speakers suck.
    6- the display isnt a much of an improvement.
    7- the system occasionally gets really slow.
    i hope i dont get any other problem. ANY ONE WITH A SOLUTION OR IDEA ABOUT ANY OF THE PROBLEM, PLEASE DO LET ME KNOW. THANKS
    mFn

When you ran the XP recovery discs they erased the Vista recovery partition and installed the XP recovery partition. Then it installed XP from the restore partition. Vista is gone.
    You should have made a set of Vista recovery discs before doing anything else. Too late now.
    You could have  reinstalled Vista by pressing the blue button at startup and restoring to factory condition. Again, too late now.
    The XP downgrade discs you have are not very clearly marked but none the less marked XPPSP2, not Vista.
    Call Lenovo and tell them and have them send you some Vista discs.
    T60 2623-D7U, 3 GB Ram. Dual boot XP and Linux Mint.
    T400 2765-T7U Windows 7
    Registered Linux User #160145
    FYI: I am not employed by Lenovo

• [SOLVED] ACPI power issues with Sony Vaio Pro 13

tl;dr backstory:
    Sony VAIO Pro 13 (SVP13215CDB) laptop was working great (Win 8.1).
    Installed Win10 Tech Preview. A week later, it started going to sleep randomly and on certain key-presses (perhaps after performing Sony Vaio Software updates. I'm not 100% sure). I wiped all partitions installing Win7 in legacy mode. It still went to sleep randomly.
    I restored to factory default Win8.1 with Sony Vaio software up-to-date. It still went to sleep randomly.
    Took it to an electronics repair shop, to see if they could fix it, and they said it can't be fixed in any way without replacing motherboard, but that's basically a new laptop.
    So I turned to Arch Linux.
    I have completed the basic install from the Wiki, and it no longer sleeps/shuts down randomly, but it will gracefully shutdown when certain events/keypresses occur.
    I installed acpid and used "acpi_listen >> acpi.log" to determine what causes the system to perform a graceful shutdown. Here is the result of acpi.log (each line was a shutdown event):
    button/power PBTN 00000080 00000000 # Unplugged power adapter.
    button/power PBTN 00000080 00000000 # Running on battery and idle. Perhaps battery percent update caused this?
    button/power PBTN 00000080 00000000 # Plugged in power adapter.
    button/power PBTN 00000080 00000000 # Fn-F1 Touchpad Disable
    button/power PBTN 00000080 00000000 # Fn-F5 Brightness Down
    button/power PBTN 00000080 00000000 # Fn-F6 Brightness Up
    button/power PBTN 00000080 00000000 # Fn-F7 LCD/External Display
    button/power PBTN 00000080 00000000 # Fn-1 (Weird. It has no extra function).
    As you can see, they all seem to trigger the same shutdown event.
    I have seen on other posts that these ACPI signals can be disabled or assigned to other commands, which would be an acceptable workaround if it stops my laptop from erroneously shutting down. Is this doable?
    Also, I was not able to reflash the Sony VAIO firmware when using Windows, as Sony's package software is amazing wouldn't allow flashing an equal or lesser firmware version. Perhaps there is a way in Arch to force a reflash if I can get my hands on the firmware blob?
    Thanks .
    Last edited by SafeToRemoveACPI (2014-11-25 22:55:55)

linux /boot/vmlinuz-linux root=UUID=<UUID here> rw quiet acpi=off
    Like this?
    I did that, and it disabled my laptop keyboard entirely. In doing so, it disables the key-presses that would normally shutdown the laptop, including the power button. So the only way to shut it down is a hard shutdown via long-press of the power button. Thanks, though.
    Update: Issue Solved. I will update post tonight. Flashing the BIOS again resolved the ACPI issues.
    Last edited by SafeToRemoveACPI (2014-11-25 22:54:13)

• HP Photosmart C7280 Power issue with flashing lights

I have seen many posts on the web regarding flashing lights and incorrect shut downs.
    http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Other-printing-questions/Photosmart-C5180-Power-Up-Power-Down-Problem-L...
    I have tried everything including the "*,#" with "1,2,3" to reset the printer and I have the power cord plugged into a direct outlet, not a power strip, and nothing works.  Even if I do get the printer reset and it works, shortly later the lights will start flashing again and I see a blue screen with a power button symbol and some varying code (00729C98) - it varies each time.  It flashes after a short time even if I power down correctly - all on its own if plugged in.  Is there a defect with faulty part on the control board?  If so who do I take it to to get it fixed?  The printer is less than 2 years old.

I recently had the same problem with an HP Photosmart C7280, the same model as yours. I eventually managed to get through to HP Technical Support, and they advised that the unit would have to be replaced. I think if you call through, you can get a refurbished model for a cheaper rate.
    Before calling technical support, I tried all the steps that have been recommended in various posts, but nothing helped. To the best of my knowledge - and I really tried to get my printer working - the unit is dead.
    (Although this is an old post, I came across it when trying to fix the same issue. So, hopefully this will help anyone else who stumbles upon this post. Some other codes my printer showed on the HP "blue screen of death" were B83FCB56, B0075110 and B02BAEC3.)
    Regards
    Tim

• Power issues with my powerbook g4 display and keyboard

Hi I have been having problems with my powerbook g4 17 inch 1.67 GHz low-res model. The issues that I have been experiencing are related to pmu issues, my display powers on every now and then and my keyboard appears to not have power. The usb and firewire ports appear have power going to them especially the firewire the usb ports seem to be under powered. So my question to you is do you think that it is the pram battery or the logic board all together. When I power on the computer I sometimes hear the chime and other times I only hear the sound of the fans spinning. Please respond back A.S.A.P. your thoughts on this matter are greatly appreciated.

Sounds like there may be damage to either the cables to the display or the inverter, which provides the power for the backlight.
    If the screen is viewable, especially when exposed to bright light, then it's probably just the display backlight.
    Unfortunately, a repair will probably require replacement of the display assembly, which can be expensive and would not be covered under warranty if the product of a drop.
    You may still be able to pull video from the DVI port (or VGA with the adapter) to still use the computer, or so you can back up your data.

Maybe you are looking for

• Trying to set up account but get following message: Ajax submit failed: error =403, Forbidden

Can you use the HP Passport to sign in to eprint center? This question was solved. View Solution.

• Best Way to export from Final Cut

Hi, I have just completed work on a projct using extensively TIF files, with Audio. The client wants this rendered to the highest quality. There is music and voice overs with the images. What is the best method to export this so that I get the best q

• Sorting singly linked list with minimum time complexity

Hi ... anyone could tell me how can i sort singly linked list with minimum time complexity .... ???? Regards...

• Clustering with HttpClusterServlet

I have created a domain on my machine in which I have configured an admin server and two more instances that are part of a cluster. When I try to connect to any of the cluster instances after I deploy an application on them it runs fine. However when

• Question from a newbie...

so, i am new, just starting out with Flex. I have a quick question: i have a web service written in grails. Actually, its a controller class, but i'm not sure if i am supposed to call it that. Anyways, its called helloController (what,were you expect