Should I wait for 4900 processor before I buy?

I am buying gt72 with 4710 processor that is not much better than 4700, practically the same, and my old GT70 has 4700 processor
so perhaps only graphic card improved compared to my gt70?  I wonder

What you have said has some truth in certain/uncommon cases, but with the laptop that you have, you can pretty much put any MXM card in and it will work.
The exact model of GT70 that you currently have is 100% compatible with the 970m and 980m. 
If you're located in the US even better, if not no big deal.  If you go to my thread over at notebook review forums, we can guide you through what you need to do.
It won't require any special vBIOS or special system BIOS or EC version.  All you need to do is take your existing 770m heatsink and make the small (grind) shown in the pictures.
You will then update your system BIOS to MSI latest version available.  Put the new card in, place thermal pads on heatsink, and paste the GPU.  Boot and install NORMAL NVIDIA DRIVERS. 
Now your laptop will be recognized as either a GT70 2QD or 2QE depending on if you buy a 970m or 980m.
You would be very surprised at how many people would buy your card.  You can easily sell it on eBay for $200+.  That would make your upgrade to a 970m around $250.  $250 is a very small price to pay compared to $2000+.  If you can't afford to self insure $250 upgrade, then you have no business buying a $2000+ laptop.  Just sayin'.
Come over to the forums man.  We will show you how to do it, and guide you through it. 
EDIT:  You will be using a Clevo MXM 970m or 980m.  MSI cards are harder to find at the moment.  No Asus cards are not compatible.  Asus doesn't follow MXM standard size, and they have their own weird proprietary design, and in fact on their latest laptops they don't even use MXM!  They are soldered garbage GPUs.  Stay far away from Asus and Alienware from this point forward.

Similar Messages

  • Should I wait for the next generation of intel before I purchase my Mac

    I use FCP Studio at work. I also use Studio 8 (Macromedia), but on a PC. I wan't to purchase a Mac sometime in the next year and run FCPS and S8 on it. (Any way they would both run on a laptop?) All of this talk of Universal crossgrades, etc. has me confused. Should I wait for the software to catch up with the hardware? Should I wait for the G5 intels? I'm in no hurry and want to make the right investment. I teach, so we have several different models of Mac - laptops, G4s, and G5s. I need to understand all of this crossgrade stuff before I purchase my own or the school purchase anymore computers.
    I would really appreciate advice from the experts.
    PowerMac G5, (7,3)   Mac OS X (10.4)  

    just to address some of your points:
    All of this talk of Universal crossgrades, etc. has me confused. Should I wait for the software to catch up with the hardware?
    since Apple first introduced the move to Intel there have been some clever blighters installing OS X on their PC's and Windows on their Intel Mac's ... not to mention that it is now never been easier for PC developers to port their software to the Mac platform
    so who knows, there may be a possibility of dual booting your Mac to run both FCP in OSX and Studio 8 in Windows, or if the developers port it, running Studio 8 natively on the Mac ... but not yet.
    there's also speculation about software virtualization, whereby you might run your app regardless of the host OSX ... but again, not yet.
    in the meantime the G5 Quads are spectacular machines in their own right ... wish I had one.
    Should I wait for the G5 intels?
    the laptop MacIntels are getting rave reviews, its safe to assume that the MacIntel desktops/towers will be even more impressive, however the publically announced timeframe for their release is not before the end of the year ... although we're all hopeful that they'll come sooner
    if your current systems meet your needs, if you have no special reason for upgrading, like you are losing work because your facilites are not up to spec (or you just can't wait and have money burning a hole in your pocket) then it would be prudent to wait and see.
    let the bleeding edge pioneers forge the way Jackie, wait for the dust to settle ... the second generation are usually much improved over the first

  • Have a Droid Razr M that is stuck in the reboot screen. I tried a hard reboot and a factory reset, and it still gets stuck in the reboot screen. How long should I wait for the reboot to occur until it starts back up?

    Have a Droid Razr M that is stuck in the reboot screen. I tried a hard reboot and a factory reset, and it still gets stuck in the reboot screen. How long should I wait for the reboot to occur until it starts back up? I tried the steps for a factory reset given on this site, but it still does not want to work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

        Hello otter314!
    Let's take a look into this to see if we can figure out what happened. When did this begin? What's the software version of the device? Do you remember what was happening with the device right before this started? Please supply me with some additional information, I'm happy to help with a resolution!
    ChristinaB_VZW
    VZW Support
    Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

  • Final Cut Studio 2. Should I wait for 3? And which new Macbook Pro

    Hi,
    I'm in need of some advice. I have used Final Cut pro since it's early days having owned 1,3 and 4.5HD. I also used Motion 1 a fair bit. My video editing worked declined in the last 3 years so I didn't upgrade my software and computer as it wasn't necessary. BUT things are getting busy for me again and I have quite a few projects to complete in the next year and motion 1 and FCP 4.5HD just don't make the grade anymore (actually I love 4.5 but motion 1 was always buggy). the 17 isn't out of my budget but in terms of convenience I don't want to go that route again (I now have a 17inch PB from 2004). My questions...
    1. Should I wait for FCS 3? I heard it will be released this OCT. I don't want to have to pay 700bucks foor an upgrade to FCS3 only a few months after I get 2. Is 2 plenty good enough?
    2. Should I get the 15inch 2.66 with dedicated 9600/256mb or 2.8 with dedicated 9600/512 graphics card? I'm thinking the 2.8.
    apart from this point there isn't much difference between the 2 computers (along with L2 cache)

    1) There is no set release date for FCS 3 (sad but true) in fact there is no "official" information anywhere that confirms FCS3's existence ... whatever you've heard or read is pure speculation and basing purchasing decisions on such might be a tad risky. My advice would be that if you need FCS2's functionality right now then buy it now, especially if you are working commercially (ie you're going to get paid for this) ... but if you don't need it yet then common sense would be to bide your time.
    2) Despite your reservations, get the 17" MBP. There are no current 15" MBP's that are a good long term purchase suitable for professional editing work. How long do you expect to use this purchase? 1 or 2, maybe 3 years? or 5 years? Sooner or later you will want or need to connect a bigger, better, faster storage system to your laptop in order to keep up with your editing needs, especially as we hurtle towards affordable Digital Cinema solutions for consumers and pro's alike. NONE of the current 15" laptop lineup for Apple offers ANY suitable form of expansion facility. Sadly they have dropped their "Pro" appeal, at least with respect to Pro video editing needs.

  • My programs don't work anymore with Lion!!!! Help me! Should I wait for patches or reinstall Leopard????

    My programs don't work anymore with Lion!!!! Help me! Should I wait for patches or reinstall Leopard????

    Which programs?  If they are very old (PowerPC) applications they will never work on Lion.

  • Can i make a method to wait for 2 mins before executing in java??

    can i make a method to wait for 2 mins before executing??
    i mean when i execute a method ....it has to wait for 2 mins before finally executing...
    can i do this in java????
    Thanks,

    Sure, put this at the beginning of the method.
    try
        Thread.sleep(120000);
    catch (Exception ex)

  • Should I wait for the release of FF 4 to install on my new laptop?

    I have a 3.x version of FF on my "old" laptop, but I bought a new laptop a couple of weeks ago and want to install FF4 on it. Q: should I wait for the full release of FF 4 to install on the new machine, or would it be "better" to download FF 3.x first?

    Personally I would use the Firefox 4 release candidate.
    The current Firefox 4 release candidate will become the official Firefox 4 release providing no bugs are found that force a new version to be created. If there is a second release candidate, those using the first release candidate will automatically be updated to the latest version. It is still undergoing quality assurance testing but so far no showstopper bugs have been found.

  • How do I call the subvi in parallel with main VI. Main vi should not wait for the subvi

    I have a subvi which takes the parameters like port name, transmit rate, message to transmit over serial port and Start/stop flag. This subvi calls VISA write vi in a loop continuously, till the Start/Stop flag is false, to write a message to serial port at a mentioned transmit rate. This subvi will be called from another VI. Actual intension is to transmit different messages to different ports continuously and stop them when required. In this senario, please provide solution for below points:
    1. How do I call the subvi in parallel with main VI. Main vi should not wait for the subvi.
    2. How does main vi can control already running subvi in parallel to it. In the above example I would like to start the subvi from main vi when start\stop flag is true and would like to stop it when the flag is false.
    3. How do I call the subVI with one set of parameters from main vi, when same subVI is running with other set of parameters already from main vi(subvi being called in a case with different set of parameters each time when the case is called). Means, how do I keep track of reentrant subvi (different calls to same vi)from the same main vi.

    Hi Dharani24,
    Try if these are helpful,
    http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/DB92C44E7D4D8A1B862577CB007D9C45
    http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361J-01/lvconcepts/asynchronous_vi_calls/
    http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361J-01/lvconcepts/reentrancy/
    Thanks
    uday,
    Please Mark the solution as accepted if your problem is solved and help author by clicking on kudoes
    Certified LabVIEW Associate Developer (CLAD) Using LV13

  • I am about to buy my first Macbook Pro, should I wait for the possibility for a 2015 macbook, or just get the most recent model currently? (9-22-14)

    I am about to buy my first Macbook Pro, should I wait for the possibility for a 2015 macbook, or just get the most recent model currently? (9-22-14)

    No one knows if there will be a new model and if so, when that would be. However, there always will be something bigger, better, and newer around the corner, so you'd be waiting forever.
    Buy it when you want or need it.
    FWIW, here are the specs of the latest models (which happen to be mid 2014):
    Apple - Support - Technical Specifications

  • Should i wait for the new i pad or buy the current one

    should i get the new ipad 2 or should i wait for the ipad 3?

    No iPad 3 has been announced yet. If the current iPad does what you need, and you can afford it, then you might as well get one now and start getting use out of it - unless you want to wait an unknown number of months for a un-spec'd/unnounced product

  • Should i wait for ipad 3

    should i wait for the iPad 3 or should i go buy an iPad 2 now ?

    up to you. I pad 3 may come after the first of the year, it may not come til 2013. Up to you how long you want to wait.

  • Should i wait for the iPad 3 or get the iPad 2. my birthday is only less than a month away but rumours are that it will be released around my birthday

    should i wait for the iPad 3 or get the iPad 2. my birthday is only less than a month away but rumours are that it will be released around my birthday

    Check with sites like MacWorld, engadget, iLounge, MacRumors, CNET. Latest talk is an early March announcement.

  • CS5 Premium Bundle 50% off or should I wait for CS6?

    Just wondering what peoples thoughts are on the Creative Suite 5.5 Production Premium going for $849... half off the asking price?
    Is it worth it to purchase or should i wait for CS6?

    Whether or not to buy RIGHT NOW depends on a couple of things:
    1. Do you NEED the software now, or can you wait about 2 1/2 months for CS6 to ship?
    2. Are you upgrading from a very old version or starting out fresh with Adobe Creative Suite?
    Another thing to consider is whether or not you're interested in the Adobe Creative Cloud, which is a current service offering but will be coming into full effect with CS6. It will be a subscription service but it looks like it will be an incredible value for the user who typically upgrades with each version and uses the software on a near-daily basis.
    If you need/want a box software and don't plan to upgrade again for a long time, then perhaps buying CS5.5 right now while it's 1/2 off is a good deal for you. You might also want to wait until March 1st, because Adobe has a 30 day return policy and you may want/need to consider that as an option if a bunch of new buzz builds about CS6. Also, sometimes early March has been a cutoff date for free upgrades to the next version when it's released in April (again, this is based on past scenarios...no one will be able to guarantee anything about these considerations).
    I typically upgrade for each full version, which has run me about $500-$700 on average each time (from CS2 to CS3, then CS4 and now CS5). I did not upgrade to CS5.5 because I didn't really need to, so my cost for CS5 has been about $25 per month for the past 2 years (but without an upgrade to CS5.5). The Creative Cloud, which is slated to start at $49 (whatever that means), looks to include a LOT more stuff and be a reasonable option for my type of usage, so I'm waiting to see how that turns out.

  • I have an iPad 2 and is it worth upgrading from iOS 5.1 to 6.0 and should I wait for further stable updates ?

    I have an iPad 2 and is it worth upgrading from iOS 5.1 to 6.0 And should I wait for further stable updates?  As I have there are app compatibility and security issues on ios 6.

    Most users haven't had problems with iOS 6, however, some have. I'm still using iOS 5.1.1 on my iPad 2. There is a beta version iOS 6.1 being tested. Don't know when it will be released. When it is released, I'll update.
     Cheers, Tom

  • Want to buy a new Mini, but should I wait for Snow Leopard?

    I'm ready to buy a Mac Mini now. But with Snow Leopard just around the corner, I would hate to have to dish out another $129 for Snow Leopard when I could have just waited a few months for it to ship with the Mini.
    Is it worth it to wait, or should I just dive into a new Mini with just Leopard?
    Any thoughts on this will be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks for the great input everyone!
    Most of you say 'go for it now', and that's the way I'm leaning, but I'll drill down a little deeper with where I'm at on this.
    I've been wanting to get a Mini since they first came out, but more intently since last fall. I heard that they were due for a refresh, and rumors had been floating that there would be new models in Q1 of 2009. I had hoped to see them at Macworld, but we all know what a disappointment that was. So after much anticipation, they're finally here. All that to say, I have a very strong desire to order one right now.
    But then there is this question of Snow Leopard. My main reason (although there are many) for getting a Mini is to record my broadcast TV shows in HD with eyeTV. I've been using my Dual 867Mhz Power Mac G4 (MDD) to record shows in analog mode with eyeTV, and it does it very successfully. But my G4 doesn't meet the requirements to record in HD (although I've tried it and it will record HD, but it's not always successful and it takes at least 12 to export it to iTunes). Also, broadcast TV is going to can analog on June 12. So I wont be able to record my shows after that unless I have the Mini.
    So, here is where I'm at with this dilemma:
    AndyO hit the head on the nail with this
    AndyO wrote:
    There is a good argument to say that if you have no immediate need for a new system, you should wait until Snow leopard is announced, but not yet pre-installed on systems in the supply chain and buy a system then. That would give you an installed copy of Leopard and either a Snow Leopard upgrade disk in the box, or an 'up-to-date' program option to buy a Snow Leopard copy for a small fee. That would give you the best of both worlds.
    This is exactly what I'd like - "the best of both worlds." Getting SL with the Mini but not having it pre-installed would be ideal.
    But will the announcement come at the WWDC?
    Will the WWDC be held at the speculated date of June 6-12 (which is right before the DTV switch btw)? And even if I wait for the announcement, this is not the guaranteed outcome (they could end up saying that all systems will be shipping with SL today).
    Ugh! I'm so torn.
    Does anyone know how far ahead they announce the date of the WWDC?

Maybe you are looking for

  • How to get the KEY VALUE of sales order

    Hello friends,                       iam adding a sales order through DI-SERVER to the SAP db.after adding iam getting a key value (i,e Doc no)..i want it to display it in my frontend....can u please tell me how to display the return key value of my

  • Can I edit the quotation window in Outlook

    Is it possible to edit the quotation window in Outlook. When viewing quotes in outlook i need to be able to change the form itself. For example the window defaults to show the columns: Item No.  Item Description Quantity Unit Price % Discount Tax Cod

  • Tab page + each tab menu will open a different page

    Hi Guys I have a small problem here I want to add a menu tab at the top right corner of my page. This goes well and i have my menu as follows 1.Add Client 2.Add project 3.Add employees For each menu i want to open their creation page in the same page

  • NQSError:22024-A comparison is being carried out between noncompatible type

    Hi ppl, I am learning OBIEE using the tutorials and I am stuck at this step in Direct Database request wherein I am trying to create a foreign key -- TIMES.TIME_ID = AGG_ST_CAT_DAY_SALES_F.TIME_ID This is the error that I get: **nQSError:22024 - A co

  • Web gallery (Earl Grey) missing title

    When I create a Web gallery using the Earl Grey template, there is no html title tag in the generated gallery. This means the browser displays no title, and if you create a bookmark, its name is untitled. Is there a way to set the title without resor