USB-Audio does not work correct on T430/T530

Hi all!
I'm owner of a T430 and a T530. Both are new PCs where I have installed Windows XP. The reason for XP is that I own older software and hardware, which is not supported on Windows 7. But it works fine and I have no reason to change hard- and software as long it fulfills my requirements! And Windows XP runs fine and fast on the T430 and T530.
Only problem is an EgoSys USB Audio interdace U2A. It is possible to install and run it, but there is a problem in the communication between operating panel and the hardware. When I move the slider for the level, the level jumps instead a smooth increase of the level, which means not alle values of the slider are transferred to the hardware. There is a similar behaviour with checkboxes: there are states of the U2A which are indicaed with LEDs. When I change the checkbox, sometimes the LED changes, sometimes not. This errors happen very frequently but not reproducable.
I tried several settings in the BIOS, like disabling one CPU, hyperthreading, USB3 etc. I tried the U2a also on a fresh XP-intallation without other software, but all without success, the behaviour of the U2A is always the same!
I also tested with an ExpressCard with USB-port from LogiLink, but this card does not recognize the U2A at all.
Up to now I have used the U2A on many different PCs without problems. What might be the reason that it does not work on an ThinkPad? Up to now I was very satified with the U2A and I would not like to replace it!
regards
GKap

Hello faith67baillie,
Welcome to the HP Forums!
I understand there is no sound from CDs or your Music folder. I will do my best to help! First, I require the following information, and clarification of the issue:
1. The computer's model number. If you require assistance locating this information, please reference this website: Guide to finding your product number
2. The computer's operating system. If you require assistance locating this information, please reference this website to determine your Windows operating system.
Additionally, if the issue just began occurring, I would perform a system restore. I want you to bring the computer back to the earliest restore point possible, in an attempt to dodge whatever caused the issue. Here is a document on how to perform a System Restore: System Restore
Mario
I worked on behalf of HP.

Similar Messages

• USB Audio Does not work

Please , I can listen to You Tube & i have picture 7 sound , but I cannott play a DVd or CD I get no sound and in my music folder it plays byt I have No Sound , [Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums. I am sorry to inform you that your post has needed some editing to remove personal information.]

Hello faith67baillie,
    Welcome to the HP Forums!
    I understand there is no sound from CDs or your Music folder. I will do my best to help! First, I require the following information, and clarification of the issue:
    1. The computer's model number. If you require assistance locating this information, please reference this website: Guide to finding your product number
    2. The computer's operating system. If you require assistance locating this information, please reference this website to determine your Windows operating system.
    Additionally, if the issue just began occurring, I would perform a system restore. I want you to bring the computer back to the earliest restore point possible, in an attempt to dodge whatever caused the issue. Here is a document on how to perform a System Restore: System Restore
    Mario
    I worked on behalf of HP.

• External USB HD does not work with HAL:

External USB HD does not work with HAL:
    From the last 10 days the HAL auto-mount with ntfs-3g file system of my external hard drive  does not woks.
    But the manual mount procedure with the command mount -t ntfs-3g /dev/sdb* /mnt/XYZ works.
    I've followed the instructions in the wiki: http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/HAL and the system has worked up to the last kernel or HAL update.
    My fat32 usb-stick works without any problem.
    If I try to open the device with KDE it appears an error popup wit this message:
    TODO: have to rethink extra options
    Error: kio_media_mount_helper
    The log from the kernel.log is
    Nov 6 22:03:16 myhost usb 5-1: new high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 4
    Nov 6 22:03:16 myhost usb 5-1: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice
    Nov 6 22:03:17 myhost Uniform Multi-Platform E-IDE driver Revision: 7.00alpha2
    Nov 6 22:03:17 myhost ide: Assuming 33MHz system bus speed for PIO modes; override with idebus=xx
    Nov 6 22:03:17 myhost Initializing USB Mass Storage driver...
    Nov 6 22:03:17 myhost scsi6 : SCSI emulation for USB Mass Storage devices
    Nov 6 22:03:17 myhost usb-storage: device found at 4
    Nov 6 22:03:17 myhost usb-storage: waiting for device to settle before scanning
    Nov 6 22:03:17 myhost usbcore: registered new interface driver usb-storage
    Nov 6 22:03:17 myhost USB Mass Storage support registered.
    Nov 6 22:03:22 myhost scsi 6:0:0:0: Direct-Access WDC WD32 00JB-00KFA0 0811 PQ: 0 ANSI: 0
    Nov 6 22:03:22 myhost sd 6:0:0:0: [sdb] 625142448 512-byte hardware sectors (320073 MB)
    Nov 6 22:03:22 myhost sd 6:0:0:0: [sdb] Test WP failed, assume Write Enabled
    Nov 6 22:03:22 myhost sd 6:0:0:0: [sdb] Assuming drive cache: write through
    Nov 6 22:03:22 myhost sd 6:0:0:0: [sdb] 625142448 512-byte hardware sectors (320073 MB)
    Nov 6 22:03:22 myhost sd 6:0:0:0: [sdb] Test WP failed, assume Write Enabled
    Nov 6 22:03:22 myhost sdb: sdb1
    Nov 6 22:03:22 myhost sd 6:0:0:0: [sdb] Attached SCSI disk
    Nov 6 22:03:22 myhost sd 6:0:0:0: Attached scsi generic sg2 type 0
    Nov 6 22:03:22 myhost usb-storage: device scan complete
    and the error.log is
    Do you have some idea ....
    Bye.

I have done the following:
    Downloaded the patched hal version.
    used makepkg in /abs/local/trunk/ to create a pkg for pacman
    used sudo pacman -U pkgname to install it.
    used sudo nano /etc/hal/fdi/policy/preferences.fdi to create the fdi file with the following content:
    saved the file and removed my ntfs entryes from fstab and rebooted. and still there is no automount off ntfs partitions.
    have i done something wrong?
    br fjodork
    WARNING: what follows is a guide of what did work for me, I'm still in an early stage of learning linux, so please correct me if anything of what follows is wrong/dangerous/stupid. As I said, this worked for me, it's not pretty, since I was learning each step on the fly and I'm sure there are better ways to do this.
    So fjodork, you seem to have done the the necessary steps, though i couldn't get it to work until i first removed hal without dependencies
    pacman -Rd hal
    it will give you some warning about the dependencies, ignore  it since we are reinstalling hal in a few steps.
    First i tried to follow Raymano's link, obviously it showed me nothing in the browser so I thought it might be a broken link.
    So I downloaded the source tarball from here http://hal.freedesktop.org/releases/hal-0.5.10.tar.gz
    unpacked it changed the /tools/hal-storage-mount.c as per Milfadoodle's instructions.
    at first I tried to compile directly from source, the process would finish without a glitch though after reboot nothing changed, as if hal weren't
    installed, i guess there were issues with paths. anyway read on
    Then repacked the source in tarball, copied it to /var/abs/extra/system/hal and modified the PKGBUILD as follows
    makedepends=('pkgconfig' 'gperf')
    options=('!libtool')
    install=hal.install
    source=(${pkgname}-${pkgver}.tar.gz #removed url so makepkg looks in the current directory for the tarball
        hal
        hal-policy.patch
        cryptsetup_location.patch
        hal-0.5.9-hide-diagnostic.patch
        ntfs3g-valid-options.patch)
    md5sums=('6641c30a27c00485c6accac5110ff911' # replace with md5sum of your package's sourceball (run md5sum filename)
             '882f67668cb14a0a9e4a27ef22278027'
             '5ba8b610aa9763a5f42b9f7cbd7a86ad'
    then makepkg (i had to add --asroot, don't ask why
    and finally pacman -U hal-0.5.10-1-i686.pkg
    another reboot and everything worked without a glitch!:D (yeah i know i still haven't got rid of the reboot mentality )
    I have also put the policy files as per the wiki instructions.
    PS: I know this is a dirty way to getting things done but as i said, I'm just starting
    If anyone could comment/correct/explain this post I'd be more than happy, the automount issue was bothering me for about a month now (you'll say why do I need ntfs in the first place? well, I only recently switched for Linux as my primary OS, these are some relics of the M$ era

• My audio does not work on my pavilion dv4. i just bought this laptop a few days ago. what's going on

my audio does not work on my pavilion dv4

This worked for me.
    Hold down the option key while using the Finder “Go To Folder” command. Enter ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.dashboard.plist.  Move the .plist to your desktop.
    Log out/in
    If it works, delete the .plist on your desktop.
    If  the same, return the .plist to where you got them from, overwriting the newer ones.
    If you prefer to make your user library permanently visible, use the Terminal command found below.
    Show User Library
    You might want to bookmark the command. I had to use it again after I installed 10.8.4. I have also been informed that if you drag the user library to Finder it will remain visible.

• My Facetime audio does not work on my MacBook

My Facetime audio does not work on my MacBook, video is fine.  Volume set to max, internal mic is "on", mute is 'off'.  Advise

While we all have MacBooks in this forum not all of us use FaceTime. There's a FaceTime Support Community where everybody uses FaceTime. You should also post this question there to increase your chances of getting an answer. https://discussions.apple.com/community/mac_app_store/facetime_for_mac

• Apple USB keyboard does not work with one internal usb port

Hi everyone,
    hope someone can help me to solve my problem. I have a MPB13 retina late 2013 since something like 3 months. I have additional screen (dell), usb wired keyboard (apple) and BT magic mouse.
    Since a few days, my usb keyboard does not work well. It only want to work properly when plugged to the rights side usb port internal port and not anymore on the left one. It also work on a usb external concentrator. Before, I had no problem, it worked perfectly. There was no problem such as cofee on it...
    After searching the web on such problem, I tries a few things such as:
    I tried the keyboard on another computer (windows): works fine
    I tried usb stick and external DVD reading on the left internal usb ports: works fine
    I switch the MPB off and turn it back on: the usb keyboard still does not work on the left usb port
    I tried the SMC and PRAM reset : nothing
    Any idea ??
    Thanks
    Guillaume

I'm facing the same problem, found any solutions ?

• External USB keyboard does not work with T60 after BIOS upgrade

External USB keyboard does not work properly with T60 after 2.26-1.07 BIOS upgrade.
    It does the same with or without the docking station.
    Anyone else bumped into this problem yet? 
    Has someone found any fixes for this?
    t

Hi and welcome the forum!
    Try uninstalling all USB hub devices from the device manager and reinstalling them again, particularly the keyboard's.
    v2.26 is supposed to fix the issue according to lenovo:- http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-63024
    Hope it helps.
    Maliha (I don't work for lenovo)
    ThinkPads:- T400[Win 7], T60[Win 7], IBM 240[Win XP]
    IdeaPad: U350
    Apple:- Macbook Air [Snow Leopard]
    Did someone help you today? Compliment them with a Kudos!
    Was your question answered today? Mark it as an Accepted Solution! 
      Lenovo Deutsche Community     Lenovo Comunidad en Español 
    Visit my YouTube Channel

• USB hub does not work!  Help

I was attempting to install a KVM switch for my G4 and G5 that required me attaching my keyboard and mouse to the usb port on the back of the monitor.
    The USB hub does not work! Monitor cable has no bent pins, and works perfectly for video with all my Mac's, G4's, G5's. The problem is I have had this monitor awhile and never tried these ports so apple won't help.
    Anyone have any suggestions why these ports don't work and if there is a fix?
    Can any one recommend a KVM switch that supports ADC, and USB so I bypass this hub.
    Thanks

Some USB 2.0 hardware works very well w/USB 3.0 & some don't.  Suggest that you contact the sound card manufacturer & ask them.  Perhaps they can recommend a work-a-round. 
    Another user posted about the same problem some weeks ago regarding a sound card. 

• USB ports does not work

Hi I have problems with not working USB ports. It used to work. I downloaded actual drivers at msi.com for my gaming notebook GX 60 Destroyer and now my USB ports does not work. What should I do?

What driver have you updated?
    Try to do an EC firmware reset by removing the battery and the AC adapter then put the battery back with AC adapter attached.
    Same questions like Pegasus asked, does all ports not working? which one exactly? What OS are you using?
    Have you done any changes to the system? (for example: self-install OS or changing OS)

• Why can I not import pictures any more? Lightroom says "Your Lightroom 5 64-bit does not work correctly"

Why can I not import pictures any more?
    Lightroom says "Your Lightroom 5 64-bit does not work correctly"
    Technical informations:
    PC with Windows 7 64-bit, Lightroom 5.7.1 64-bit installed.
    What I have done:
    I downloaded the newest LR 5.71 and installed it again - mode repair; without success
    I checked my PC with Norton 360: full scanning and optimizing registry
    I restarted the PC and than I installed the LR 5.7 again - repair
    Trouble 1:
    Two days ago I could work with my LR 5 and to import pictures from a SD was no problem. Now I can start LR 5 and I can watch/modify pictures, but as soon as I try to import new pictures LR 5 stops and gives the message "your LR 5 64-bit does not work correctly - searching for solution". I have not changed anything in my computer since lasttime LR 5 worked properly, only the registry was optimized by Norton 360.
    Trouble 2:
    I live in Switzerland and my language ist German. I dit not find a place where I can present my problem in German, e.g. a phone number oder email-address oder german-chat. My English is to week for a discussion for computer problems and do understand it.
    Help:
    I would very appreciate if anybody can help me, either to trouble 1 or to trouble 2. Thanks.

Sehen Sie diesen Beitrag:
    Photoshop CS4 & Lightroom 2.6 X64 funktionieren nicht mehr
    Wacom Tablet-Treiber-Problem?

• Satellite M645-S4050: built in camera does not work correctly

My built in camera does not work correctly.
    It does not have any kind of effect on and it captures pictures and videos as if some kind of thermal camera was on.
    Also some videos I load up on youtube look like this.
    I have been researching for an answer but can't find it, please help me.

All you can do is to test it with latest webcam driver.
    Remove preinstalled camera software and install latest version offered on Toshiba download page.
    If the same happen again visit nearest Toshiba service and show them how it looks like. Maybe the cam must be exchanged.
    In the past I have used several Toshiba laptops with built in cam but I have never saw something lke this.

• Remote does not work correctly after update

Hello,
    the subject explain it already:
    After upgrading to 2.3 the apple remote does not work correctly anymore:
    I need to push the buttons twice, and than atv is only reacting sometimes.
    Any ideas?
    BR
    Frank

Same problem here. First, I thought it was the Apple remote's battery. I replaced that and the problem persisted. I then used my digital video camera to verify that the remote was actually transmitting infrared, it was. In frustration, I tapped the buttons rapidly while pointing at the Apple TV. The Apple TV responded. The next button press it failed to respond. I tapped rapidly again and it finally responded. After many many rapid presses, while pointing directly at the Apple TV, it finally began responding to all presses. Once I'd regained control (I thought) I unpaired and re-paired the remote. Everything continued to work. At that time I also saw that I could "learn" another remote. So, I set up my Samsung TV remote. Sweet. Until the Apple TV went into screensaver mode again and I had to go through the same rapid button press sequence... with either the Apple remote or my learned Samsung remote. Conclusion, since the Apple TV will become fully responsive after the rapid button press sequence, it is certainly a software related problem.

• I have a manual that contains headings and index entries that contain less than and greater than characters, and . The Publish to Responsive HTML5 function escapes these correctly in the main body of the text but does not work correctly in either the C

I have a manual that contains headings and index entries that contain less than and greater than characters, < and >. The Publish to Responsive HTML5 function escapes these correctly in the main body of the text but does not work correctly in either the Contents or the Index of the generated HTML. In the Contents the words are completely missing and in the index entries the '\' characters that are required in the markers remain in the entry but the leading less than symbol and the first character of the word is deleted; hence what should appear as <dataseries> appears as \ataseries\>. I believe this is a FMv12 bug. Has anyone else experienced this? Is the FM team aware and working on a fix. Any suggestions for a workaround?

The Index issue is more complicated since in order to get the < and > into the index requires the entry itself to be escaped. So, in order to index '<x2settings>' you have to key '\<x2settings\>'. Looking at the generated index entry in the .js file we see '<key name=\"\\2settings\\&gt;\">. This is a bit of a mess and produces an index entry of '\2settings\>'. This ought to be '<key name=\"&amp;lt;x2settings&amp;gt;\" >'. I have tested this fix and it works - but the worst of it is that the first character of the index entry has been stripped out. Consequently I cannot fix this with a few global changes - and I have a lot of index entries of this type. I'm looking forward to a response to this since I cannot publish this document in its current state.  

• How do I get a refund for an App that does not work correctly?

How do I get a refund for a App (Express Newspapers)  that does not work correctly?

How to report an issue with Your iTunes Store purchase

• Focus under Win2k does not work correctly

Hi,
    we've found out that the focus does not work correctly under Windows 2000 in
    Seamless Mode (App is a Windows Application running on Windows Terminal Server
    2003), the same application has no problems under Windows XP, Apple Macintosh
    and Linux.
    Example: The application has a button which pop's up a small calendar window
    giving that window focus. In Tarantella under Win2k however you just see the
    window popping up shortly and then going in the background. As the window is in
    the background and you can't get the window back and you also cannot work
    further in that application as the rest is inactive.
    Only way is to do a right-click on the application in the taskbar, which brings
    the window in the foreground again. What makes this problem even harder to
    analyze is, that it sometimes even works correctly (around 3 of 10 times).
    We've mostly recognized this with modal windows. The native client does not have
    this problem, however as far as I know it does not support seamless mode.
    2. The second problem we got is, that if you click with the mouse into the
    initializing Window while the application starts up after you have clicked on an
    application Link in SGD (I mean the Pre-Login window of Windows which shortly
    shows up just before the Login Process begins),
    the application is not started seamlessly but is started within that window and
    you have no chance but closing an restarting the application to get it in
    seamless mode. This is seen on all Client Operating Systems by us and not only
    Windows 2000.
    The Client runs:
    Windows 2000 SP4 all updates installed
    Java: 1.5.0-5
    Browser: IE6.0 and Firefox 1.0.7
    Server: Windows 2003 Terminal Server (all updates installed)
    Tarantella: 4.20.909
    I hope that someone has at least a workaround.
    Regards
    Carsten

I have organized some testcases attached are 3 Test Programs which work
    nice natively but got these problems under Tarantella under every Windows
    Operating System (the error is not Windows 2000 as I previously mentioned but
    also occurs on Windows XP).
    The interesting thing is that the Test Program made with .NET does not show this
    problem.
    Could someone please test these and tell if this error is reproducible on your
    systems as well ?
    Run these Testprograms natively, they show no misbehavior.
    Execute this from a SGD Webtop Session in Seamless Mode, see that
    the Modal window is not modal but shifts into the background on every 2 -3 click.
    Regards
    Carsten
    [ModalTestPrgs.zip]

Maybe you are looking for