Vga for t5240

hi .
we have server sun sparc t5240. we have no vga in server. is possible we operate the server graphically .
thanx.

the best suggestions were made here:
https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=95111.0
i'm pretty sure i saw elsewhere that ATI Radeon cards don't have as high power requirements as Nvidia's, certainly there have been plenty of users using 9800Pros and 6600s with little trouble

Similar Messages

• Micro usb to vga for tablet A8

I want to Micro usb to vga for tablet A8?

This feature is not supported by the Lumia 710 but yiu can try streaming wirelessly to,your tv using dlna with the Play To app. 

• Mini Dvi to VGA for Projector issue

I recently bought a mini DVI to VGA adapter for my new macbook Black 2.4 ghz. When I hook this up to the projector nothing comes through, but the computer recognizes the projector. I know it is not the projector because when I plug in my 12inch powerbook it instantly recognizes the computer and displays whatever is on the screen. I even returned the adapter for a new one and am still having the problem. Is there something I'm doing wrong? Are there steps that I'm not doing, or is there something wrong with the mini dvi on my macbook?

When I attach my MacBook to a projector via mini DVI, all variations of order of activation used, the desktop image appears, but the icons and other open pages are off the screen to the right.
    Of greater importance, Keynote presentations appear as two slides side by side, with a timer under the left image and no transitions.
    This has happened with two portable projectors and one overhead, exactly the same images with each.

• Cardbus VGA for better performanc​e?

In the past, was some special designed VGA card (by the IBM, too). Some of these could connect to the PC through the cardbus interface. Anyway, I am not an engineer. So I do not know this is possible or not. But I can imagine a special cardbus VGA which can improve the standard netbooks graphical performance. The netbooks are a special part of the PCs - I know - with poor graphical performance. This is a fact. I read in an article that, about 30% of netbooks returned to the merchants because the owners were not satisfied with them. So, I think that, my imagine is not a folly. If I know well, the cardbus slot of Lenovo netbooks have PCI-E 1x interface which is equals about the speed of an AGP 8x interface. I think that, this is enough for a better graphical performance, if the GPU has real power. I think the philosophy of PCs something similar: Build your PC for what you want! I know that too, the netbooks with ION platform will arrive soon. But this is the future and many people have a netbook in the present. Maybe some of them would be happy if they could upgrade their netbooks. I like my netbook, but I could like better if I could upgrade it.  
       Sorry, for my English, I hope that was understandable what I would like to ask.

Thank you for the answer! If the spec that you are linking to is the latest then my measurements are not that far from the "typical" curve showed in figure 1. The spec that I have is more optimistic, showing a flat curve all the way up to 200kHz. The 50 dB that you are talking about is specified when the channels are used in unbalanced differential mode. This means that one signal is applied to the "shield" of the coaxial cable, giving the 5922 two differential channels. I want to verify the CMRR when two channels are used as one "real" differential channel and the CMRR for that is in figure 1. Best RegardsStefan Johansson  

• HDMI to VGA for apple TV

I have a Proscan 4:3 TV that has a VGA input that I have used in the past.
    For AppleTV I am using component input now and It works fine at 480i, albeit with lower quality than I would like.
    Does anyone think that there is a way to get the 1080i through HDMI to drive my VGA input?
    Thanks
    Michael

i'm not aware of one off the top of my head, but if one does exist, it would surely be more expensive than the many Component Video to VGA transcoders that are out there.
    KD-VA5
    http://www.keydigital.com/IWProducts.m4p.pvx?;PRODUCTS_NOTREE?cat=VACA?company=KEY

• Adapter micro HDMI to VGA for Nokia Lumia 2520

could someone tell me which adapter micro HDMI to VGA is suitable for Nokia Lumia 2520 please?

Hi, melpa. Welcome to our community. There's no particular brand, but it should be HDMI-D. You may try checking the stores near your place for the price and availability.

• RGB from VGA for feed into TV

I did read the posted discussions on this but couldn't find what I need to know. Hopefully I didn't miss anything.
    I am new to macs and have just bought one for use as a media server (to play divx and audio). Ok its really just to play with because its cool.
    I have a Philips matchline CRT 100Hz TV (32PW9534) and a mini 1.4MH mac. I have tried the s-video adaptor from Apple and am not overly impressed with the result. It does work but at all resolutions other than one (PAL 7..x576 with no overscan and not best for video) where 7.. is the one up from 720. I get occasional (every second) flickering at the top left of the screen. There is one NTSC resolution that works as well. The edge of the picture seems to jump away from the boarder of the tube. The picture is as good as I would expect using s-video which is just usable at the above working resolution. Has anyone else seen this or know what I might try to fix it? That’s not my main question....
    The thing I want to do is to use the mac's VGA output with some external circuit to produce a SCART RGB feed. The circuit to do this is simple since all that is required is to mix the horizontal & vertical syncs from VGA to a combined sync for SCART. From experience I know that moving to RBG will make a big difference even though it is still a TV signal.
    However to do this successfully needs the video card to be configured to output an appropriate interlaced signal even though it is connected to what looks like a VGA monitor.
    So how can I make this happen? When I plug in the s-video adaptor the mac recognised it has s-video attached and presents only PAL and NTSC interlaced resolutions for use which is what I want. Are the VGA signals disabled when the s-video adaptor is plugged in? How does the mac know that an s-video adaptor is plugged in? Are there pins to load/short to trick it? Could it damage my TV if I accidentally drive it at 1280x1024@85Hz?
    Any information gratefully received.
    mac mini   Mac OS X (10.4.3)  

Personally, I would export as a movie, using the MS DV-AVI type of export. Set the Audio to PCM 16/48, unless you have bought the SurCode Dolby Digital encoder.
    When you import this into Encore, it will give you much better control over where you place chapter points and additionally Encore will - if you let it - use automatic transcoding for the final MPEG-2 compresssion.
    The reason I suggest this is because MPEG-2 encoding is every much an art form as the filming, editing & cutting process and major studios employ people who do nothing other than encoding. It is
    i unbelievably
    easy to create an MPEG-2 stream that is not DVD-Video compliant.
    Don't use progressive, stick to interlaced.
    Progressive scan modes open up whole cans of worms.....
    Good Luck.

• DVI or VGA for Plasma Screen?

Hello,
    I am looking to get a video out lead for the new white macbook to plug into a 50" Plasma LG tv. The tv is at least 4 years old, hence plasma, not LCD.
    It has both a DVI and VGA input. Which one should I use? I haven't bought the mini-dvi cable yet, so I am essentially asking, which one should I buy? Does one type of input work better for widescreen and plasma TVs?
    Thanks
    Jamie

I googled your question and it seems there are several opinions...I thought DVI would be a slam dunk as it's digital as opposed to VGA's analog signal but I was wrong. That said if you have access to both displays see which looks better to you....if I didn't have access I'd probably just go with DVI because it's newer technology. Just my opinion though.

• How latest version of fw 7.2.0 released before 7.1.7.f for T5240

Hi Experts,
    There is some confusion related to firmware vesion of T5240(Maramba).
    7.2.0 -->Dec,23,2008
    7.1.7.f --> FEb,9,2009
    {font:Arial}{size:2px}{size}{font}{font:Arial}{size:2px}{size}{font}
    7.2.0 --> sunsolve.sun.com/search/document.do?assetkey=1-21-139444-01-1
    7.1.7.f --> sunsolve.sun.com/search/document.do?assetkey=1-21-136936-11-1
    As you can see the latest version of fw 7.2.0 was release before 7.1.7.f
    So can someone explain why this behaviour for fw release?
    Edited by: nitin.k on Apr 2, 2009 1:28 PM

nitin.k wrote:
    Hi Experts,
    There is some confusion related to firmware vesion of T5240(Maramba).
    7.2.0 -->Dec,23,2008
    7.1.7.f --> FEb,9,2009
    {font:Arial}{size:2px}{size}{font}{font:Arial}{size:2px}{size}{font}
    7.2.0 --> sunsolve.sun.com/search/document.do?assetkey=1-21-139444-01-1
    7.1.7.f --> sunsolve.sun.com/search/document.do?assetkey=1-21-136936-11-1
    As you can see the latest version of fw 7.2.0 was release before 7.1.7.f
    So can someone explain why this behaviour for fw release?
    Edited by: nitin.k on Apr 2, 2009 1:28 PMWhen I was checking the links that I originally posted I discovered that the Sun link I used took me to the wrong FW patches. (as Roseanne Roseannadanna would say "never mind")
    It is interesting that they fix a much different set of problems.
    If it's important to you, I suggest contacting support.
    I guess I'll be thankful I have a T5220 ...
    have a good day,
    Glen
    Edited by: sysglen on Apr 2, 2009 9:04 AM

• VGA for MEGA 865 Pro

Hi,
    I am an owner of a MEGA PC 865 Pro and i would like to install a VGA card. Which one would you propose in order to fit the box and the PSU (220W)?
    I need it for gaming such as SimCity4, Civ4, Age of Empires III, etc., not for FPS or driving and flying simulators.

the best suggestions were made here:
    https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=95111.0
    i'm pretty sure i saw elsewhere that ATI Radeon cards don't have as high power requirements as Nvidia's, certainly there have been plenty of users using 9800Pros and 6600s with little trouble

• YUV OR VGA FOR EXTERNAL SCREEN

I want to use an external screen but my VGA input of the external screen is already busy by another computer, so guys tell me if YUV is as good in terms of quality audio/video than VGA ?

If your external display only has VGA and S-video inputs, then you will need a VGA switch (like one of these) to connect two computers with VGA outputs to your single display.
    It is possible to convert a VGA output to S-Video with a converter (like this).  However there will be significant degradation of the video quality.  S-video is only standard def at either 480i or 576i resolution.  At 480i (NTSC) the effective resolution is only 720x480 pixels and the S-video signal has considerably lower color signal carrying capacity than VGA..
    You have not identified what model Mac you have, but if it's any recent Mac there are no adapters that can directly convert DVI/miniDVI or miniDisplayPort to S-video anyway.  You would be doing a double-conversion from DVI, miniDVI, miniDisplayPort to VGA + VGA to S-video, resulting in significant loss of quality.
    VGA and S-video are video interfaces/connections.  They do not carry audio.  Audio is a completely separate interface/connection.

• MiniDVI to VGA for use with other (normal) monitors and televisions?

Just that...
    Is it the miniDVI to VGA (as opposed to the miniDVI to DVI) adaptor that I should buy to connect the MacBook to other monitors (to get the extension of the MacBook screen) and televisions (so the MacBook can act as a DVD player)?
    Oh - also, could I plug a USB mouse and keyboard into the MacBook and plug the MacBook into a monitor and use it with the lid closed (ie like a desktop)?
    Thanks very much!
    --gal--

miniDVI to VGA: Connects Macbook to "Normal" monitors
    http://www.canadiancomputer.com/product_images/large/162.jpg
    miniDVI to Video: Connects Macbook to "Normal" (older style, non-HD) TVs
    hhttp://www.canadiancomputer.com/product_images/large/158.jpg
    miniDVI to DVI: Connects Macbook to newer monitors (with DVI In ports) and newer, HD-ready TVs (with DVI in ports)
    http://www.canadiancomputer.com/product_images/large/164.jpg
    "Oh - also, could I plug a USB mouse and keyboard into the MacBook and plug the MacBook into a monitor and use it with the lid closed (ie like a desktop)?"
    Yes, I have done this myself.

• What dvi to vga connector do I need for a MacBook Pro A1286?

I bought a mini DVI to VGA for my 15 inch MacbookPro (Model 1286) but the mini-DVI connector is too big. I need a connector HALF that size. Is there one I can use, find, purchase?

From the Apple Store: Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter

• Notable quality difference for same screen connected via HDMI or VGA

I have created the following topic:
    https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=1386998
    in which I was trying to get help for a strange color anomaly on my screen.
    Finally I found out that when I connect with VGA, this color anomaly doesn't occur.
    I wonder why the VGA cable is working better than the HDMI?
    I'd like to use HDMI because of sound.
    But I'll stick to VGA for now as long as I can avoid issues...
    Any idea why the HDMI cable is failing me?
    The cable is new
    (I think I also tried another cable, and I think I had the same issues, but not sure anymore).

Hi thanks for the response! Unfortunately the unit had to be RTB (Which took ages) and they said they had to swap out the board!
    The support wasn't too bad initially but failed to advise it was heading from the UK to Germany for repairs - after a number of weeks it just turned up with no prior information. In fairness it has resolved the issue. I have Windows 8.1 and it works a charm for my uses - Media centre and some mid level video editing and have been fine just boosting the RAM to 8GB. While the SSD would be a nice option as I have 1TB internal and ext HDs on USB 3 it hasn't been a neccesity as performance for the majority is great! The only thing I'd have liked would be a juicier graphics card! I had a few issues with LAN and WLAN but managed to get this working (Its something to do with the compatability of the drivers with the graphics card and windows 8 - simply uninstalled the new driver and hunted down the original! Now for the most part the system is great! Good luck as you shouldn't have to use an older OS just to have it working!

• How connect a 27 cinema display to HP Pavilion with VGA video output

how connect a 27 cinema display to HP Pavilion with VGA video output

If it is a thunderbolt version of the apple 27" display, you don't.  The TB displays can only work with a TB source.
    I also think you are out of luck with the mini-displayport versions of the apple 27" as well.   This would imply converting an analog VGA output  to a digital input of the 27".  I suspect that there is not enough data supplied by VGA for that to work and I do not believe any adapters exist for this.

Maybe you are looking for