Waiting for Pre+ fixes before buying

I finally got the approval from my company to get the Pre+ on Verizon (switching from ATT). My company employs 66,000 people so the approval process on new devices takes some time especially if you want to use EAS.
Now that the time is here, I find myself waiting for a few critical issues to get addressed before retiring my trusty 680.
1. Double keys being entered - one big reason for not getting the iPhone is lack of a keyboard. Have an unreliable keyboard seems even worse. I hope 1.4.1 addresses this problem
2. GPS not locking or not accurate - I use Telenav multiple times per week. I believe that I can port the Sprint image to the Pre+, but all the problems reported about GPS locking make me worried.
Lastly, the AT&T pitch about being able to talk and surf the web at the same time has some appeal. I am on ATT now. A Pre+ on ATT would be an easier migration since I just swap the SIM. The GPS application problem would be addressed too since ATT supports Telenav. Now if I just knew how long "in the coming months" was!
The thought of StyleTap on the iPhone with HotSync coming soon makes my head hurt since I could then use Datebk6.
Any advice?

travellerva wrote:
When you say "disk problems", do you mean hardware problems, firmware problems or software problems?
On directly-attached disks, we see this when the disk spins down, but won't spin back up fast enough or properly; or with a USB disk that gets its power from the Mac, but not quite enough sometimes; or port or cable problems; or one that's beginning to fail. It's very hard to tell, of course, which.
I'm not very familiar with TCs, but a disk is a disk!

Similar Messages

  • Waiting on a FIX before return time expires

    Although my daily iP4 usage appears normal, yesterday as I was talking the sound started to fad in and out and sounded like static. I removed my hand from the phone lower left corner and the sound quality instantly improved. I was able to reproduce this time and time again.
    Waiting on a FIX before the return time expires has me a little worried. I don't want to be stuck with a 2 year contract and defective iPhone.
    Coming from a fanboy with thousands of dollars wrapped up in Apple products I don't want to return the iP4 but may be forced to unless there's a real fix in the next 8-9 days.
    Need advice from the experts

    Hey Concerto,
    Thanks for the update! Let us know if you need any additional assistance.
    Aaron|Social Media Specialist | Best Buy® Corporate
     Private Message

  • When will the iPhone 5 be in stores because I heard something about 2012 summer and if that's real, I'll wait for it instead of buying the 4s?

    I want to know if apple's iphone 5 will be out for 2012 summer, because I read something on internet that said that iPhone 5 will be coming for 2012. Is that real?...because it is, I'll wait for it instead of buying the 4s.

    The release of each generation of iPhone will be roughly (or, no shorte than) an year.  iPhone 4S is coming out this week, you're not going to see the next one before Q4 2012, no matter what it is called.
    Wait as long as you want, for the iPhne 5 or 6 or whatever, more than likely the next model will be available in year 2012, but March and November are very different, the chances is you're not likely to see it until late 2012, and IMHHO, it is really nonsense to talk about "the next iPhone" while the latest one is not even available on the market yet.
    iPhone:  June, 2007
    iPhne 3G: July, 2008
    iPhone 3GS: June, 2009
    iPhone 4: June, 2010
    iPhone 4S: October, 2011

  • Can i make a method to wait for 2 mins before executing in java??

    can i make a method to wait for 2 mins before executing??
    i mean when i execute a method ....it has to wait for 2 mins before finally executing...
    can i do this in java????

    Sure, put this at the beginning of the method.
    catch (Exception ex)

  • Maverick does not recognize my Phonic Firefly 302 Firewire. One year waiting for a fix.

    Maverick does not recognize my Phonic Firefly 302 Firewire. One year waiting for a fix.

    in September 2012, following the release of Mountain Lion, Phonic advised Firefly owners that their products’ support ended with Lion — with the possible exception of the Firefly 302 USB. Since they didn’t support the Firefly 302 FireWire under Mountain Lion, they’re not going to support it under Mavericks either. (Note that Mavericks was first released eight months ago, not one year ago.)

  • Still waiting for pre-ordered Droid X..

    I still have not received my pre-ordered phone Droid X from BB... They are still saying "sometime this week" and guess what?  Its already Wednesday and no word.
    Am wondering if I should forego getting my phone via Best Buy and go to Verizon online to order it.. But now Verizon is saying that they are delayed to and the phone will be available "by 8/3"
    which would be better - waiting for BB to contact me or just going ahead and ordering from Verizon?

    I am in the same boat!  They tell me to call everyday at noon to see if UPS has brought them, but so far no go.  They have no idea when they are getting anymore.  I have been pondering if I should just order one from verizon or wait it out as well.  I think i'm going to play may cards and hope best buy actually fulfills there pre-order (post delivery).  But you will have peice of mind with verizon on actually knowing when to expect your phone.  it's a gamble.
    If you do order one from verizon, then best buy gets one before yours ships with verizon, can you cancel the one from verizon?  Might be an idea.

  • My FTP works but is very slow, hangs on 'waiting for server', fix???

    Hi guys
    My FTP connects but its constantly hanging and saying 'waiting for server', eventually it connects.
    My other ftp clients connect instantly, its just DW, sometimes my filezilla may halt but not as bad as DW does.
    I can use port 22 and its instant but reading this http://forums.adobe.com/thread/734356?tstart=0 will tell you why I can't use port 22.
    Not sure what to do here, ive tried changing loads of settings and I get the same thing, I dont want to have to use an external FTP client as that would slow my workfllow considerably.
    Also I think its a mac issue, if i try this in another building on windows 7 it connects instantly.
    If i set my timeout to something really high like 90 seconds it eventually connects.
    Anyone got any ideas??

    So using a separate FTP client is out of the question? I ask because my workflow uses a separate FTP app - it makes it much easier to troubleshoot FTP, server, and file permission issues. And it doesn't crash Dreamweaver. So again, are you sure you can't adjust your workflow to use a separate FTP application? (I use Transmit on the Mac and it has some wonderful features including a built-in Sync capability)
    How do you have Dreamweaver's FTP functionality set-up?
    Are you using Passive FTP?
    Are you using a reverse proxy server in your network?
    Have you tried the Mac Network Utility to ping your FTP server?
    What kind of ping times are you getting?
    Do you experience network latency issues frequently?
    Do you have Mac OS X's Firewall enabled and have you tried disabling it before an FTP session - does this effect anything?
    Have you tried unchecking Dreamweaver's Use FTP performance optimization? (Site Definition->Advanced->Remote Info->Server Compatibility)?
    Do you have any network engineers in your IT department? Can they look at their information and maybe see what might be happening on the network?

  • Wait for Intel G5 or buy power mac pro intel now????

    This is for video and multimedia processing and i know Qaud g5 is best on the market right now but i need somnething within a few months with fast processing power with intel because that will be the newest tech. that wont go out of date anytime soon. So what do I do Wait for power mac G5 Intel which i predict in year or just buy the mac book pro but scared it won't process as fast as i think it will. I just absolutly cant handle when using multiple layers and when I edit them waiting for the process time to make each of the changes. WHAT SHOULD I DO!!!!!!

    You're not even comparing apples to apples here. The MBP is faster than the G4 Powerbooks, but it will in no way compete with a Quad G5! Not to mention, the MBP maxxes out at 2GB memory, which although good, is not nearly enough for serious mutimedia processing like you mentioned. If I didn't already have a D2.5, I'd buy a Quad now - why wait.

  • Installing iOS 7.0.4 crashed iTunes. Wait for a fix?

    my iPhone 4 is now in recovery mode, as the latest software update crashed iTunes and wiped out the iPhone.  Best to wait for 7.0.5.

    Update your iTunes to 11.1.3 if you haven't already.
    Plug in phone - tap Trust Computer on your iPhone when prompted.
    You should be good to go.

  • Should I wait for 4900 processor before I buy?

    I am buying gt72 with 4710 processor that is not much better than 4700, practically the same, and my old GT70 has 4700 processor
    so perhaps only graphic card improved compared to my gt70?  I wonder

    What you have said has some truth in certain/uncommon cases, but with the laptop that you have, you can pretty much put any MXM card in and it will work.
    The exact model of GT70 that you currently have is 100% compatible with the 970m and 980m. 
    If you're located in the US even better, if not no big deal.  If you go to my thread over at notebook review forums, we can guide you through what you need to do.
    It won't require any special vBIOS or special system BIOS or EC version.  All you need to do is take your existing 770m heatsink and make the small (grind) shown in the pictures.
    You will then update your system BIOS to MSI latest version available.  Put the new card in, place thermal pads on heatsink, and paste the GPU.  Boot and install NORMAL NVIDIA DRIVERS. 
    Now your laptop will be recognized as either a GT70 2QD or 2QE depending on if you buy a 970m or 980m.
    You would be very surprised at how many people would buy your card.  You can easily sell it on eBay for $200+.  That would make your upgrade to a 970m around $250.  $250 is a very small price to pay compared to $2000+.  If you can't afford to self insure $250 upgrade, then you have no business buying a $2000+ laptop.  Just sayin'.
    Come over to the forums man.  We will show you how to do it, and guide you through it. 
    EDIT:  You will be using a Clevo MXM 970m or 980m.  MSI cards are harder to find at the moment.  No Asus cards are not compatible.  Asus doesn't follow MXM standard size, and they have their own weird proprietary design, and in fact on their latest laptops they don't even use MXM!  They are soldered garbage GPUs.  Stay far away from Asus and Alienware from this point forward.

  • IPad mini and itouch storage filling up daily problem...similar to many post but only fix is restart and last about 1 day and fills up with "other" no new downloads very few apps...waiting for software fix since so many having same problem. Help

    Similar to many others storage mystically filling up everyday with nothing new being put on. Only solution is to testers ipad then get totally free storage until later that day or next day. Hoping for a software fix.

    How much space is used by your Other? You may be able to reduce.
    How Do I Get Rid Of The “Other” Data Stored On My iPad Or iPhone?
    How to Remove “Other” Data from iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch
    With an iOS device, the “Other” space in iTunes is used to store things like documents, settings, caches, and a few other important items. If you sync lots of documents to apps like GoodReader, DropCopy, or anything else that reads external files, your storage use can skyrocket. With iOS 5/6/7, you can see exactly which applications are taking up the most space. Just head to Settings > General > Usage, and tap the button labeled Show All Apps. The storage section will show you the app and how much storage space it is taking up. Tap on the app name to get a description of the additional storage space being used by the app’s documents and data. You can remove the storage-hogging application and all of its data directly from this screen, or manually remove the data by opening the app. Some applications, especially those designed by Apple, will allow you to remove stored data by swiping from left to right on the item to reveal a Delete button.
    What is “Other” and What Can I Do About It?
    iPhone or iPad Ran Out of Storage Space? Here’s How to Make Space Available Quickly
    http://osxdaily.com/2012/06/02/iphone-ipad-ran-out-of-available-storage-space-ho w-to-fix-quick/
    6 Tips to Free Up Tons of Storage Space on iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch
    http://osxdaily.com/2012/04/24/6-tips-free-up-storage-space-ipad-iphone-ipod-tou ch/
    How to Clear Message/iMessage Cache on iPhone & iPad And Reclaim Lots of Free Space
    What is Stored in iCloud and What is Not
    https://sites.google.com/site/appleclubfhs/support/advice-and-articles/what-is-s tored-in-icloud
     Cheers, Tom

  • Can trigger wait for another trigger before it is fired?

    i have table TAB1
    and i have TAB1_HISTORY
    when row gets inserted into TAB1 i have some logic in TRIG1 to updated few fields using rowid ARRAYS just to be safly updated everything in case more than one rows gets into TAB1.
    now TRIG1_HISTORY suppose to move data from TAB1 into TAB1_HISTORY but some fields are null because TRIG1 may be not finished updating fields yet.
    Any way to trig1_history follows trig1? I know one way is to make TRIG1_HISTORY as store proc .
    i am usign 10g

    There is no such thing as unassigned rowids.
    If there is a rowid, the row exists and it can be updated.
    The general strategy for your problem is
    before statement trigger: set up an array with empty values.
    before or after for each row: do whatever you want, and buffer the primary key (or rowid) in the arrary you set up.
    After statement: do anything you want to do with the collected primary keys/rowids.
    This is being processed in the correct order and it shouldn't fail.
    Sybrand Bakker
    Senior Oracle DBA

  • How do I re-install 10.1.1 or 10.1.2?  Because 10.1.3 is constantly crashing and I can't wait for the fix.

    I upgraded to 10.1.3 last week and have had nothing but problems.  The program crashes continually for a variety of reasons, and while I can eventually get it up and running again, I can't isolate the causes of the crashes.  I would like to "revert" to 10.1.2 or 10.1.1.  How do I do this?  ( I don't have the old program saved).
    I have been using FCPX since it came out and FCP (the original) since it was introduced. Thanks, John Feldman, Hummingbird Films

    This doc should be very helpful – going forward.
    Also: If your practice had been to perform routine system backups, you could restore from one of them.

  • Still waiting for pre-order

    an album that i pre-ordered a week ago is suppose to be released today but nothing is downloading yet. I feel like I've checked everything and still don't know whats up. maybe I'm just impatient :P

    Seems like they are having issues with multiple pre-orders. I have the same issue and others are posting they do too on iTunes.
    I got the e-mail to download the album last night - did not work - still not working all day today and no response to the Issue I sent to Apple - that is frustrating. At least knowing someone acknowledged the error and was working on it would help...at this point not sure.
    Also if you cancel pre-orders that included extras not in the regular or deluxe versions might void getting them.
    Hopefully they will resolve or post something online soon.

  • Itunes waiting for apple tv before playing song

    Since updating to iTunes 12, whenever I first open iTunes and want to play a song, it says 'Connecting to Apple TV', then in takes several seconds before it starts playing. I find this behaviour annoying. Anyone else having this problem or know of a possible solution?

    I've had that happen too since updating to 12. It makes no sense since my music library has nothing to do with Apple TV.  It happens randomly.  I have checked that Airplay is off, so that isn't it.  I don't have any idea why this is happening or what to do about it.

Maybe you are looking for