14.1" lcd for t60

is a t23 interchangeable with a t60 14.1" xga lcd.  what other screens are compatible?

No such thing as a "generic" or "compatible"LCD for any ThinkPad, I'm afraid, and the LCDs are generally not interchangeable between different series, with a couple of exceptions, but not for a T6x unit.
You could use the SXGA+ LCD, but you would need a different LCD cable.
If you have the FRU from the original LCD, you may want to Google a bit for it...
Good luck.
Cheers,
George
In daily use: R60F, R500F, T61, T410
Collecting dust: T60
Enjoying retirement: A31p, T42p,
Non-ThinkPads: Panasonic CF-31 & CF-52, HP 8760W
Starting Thursday, 08/14/2014 I'll be away from the forums until further notice. Please do NOT send private messages since I won't be able to read them. Thank you.

Similar Messages

• 22'' Viewsonic monitor for T60

Just to continue my previous about DVI interface for T60 in a wider context. Actually, I am looking to buy 22'' LCD monitor from Viewsonic and considering the following models.
     Viewsonic Vx2233wm (Full HD 1920 x 1080)
    Viewsonic VX2260wm (Full HD 1920 x 1080
    Viewsonic Vx2262wm (Super-HD 1680x1050)
    http://www.viewsonic.com/products/desktop-monitors​/l…ries/vx2233wm.htm
    http://www.viewsonic.com/products/desktop-monitors​/l…ries/vx2260wm.htm
    http://www.viewsonic.com/products/desktop-monitors​/l…ries/vx2262wm.htm 
    I don't game, use only office applications: Internet, Excel, Word, etc. The questions are:
    1) should I pay $30 more for Full HD monitor, or it makes no sence if I connectit in only to T60? 
    2) What max resolution will I have a chanse to setup at my monitor with T60 though VGA?
    3) Does it make sence to pay ~$130 for USB-> DVI adapter, or the improvements in the picture will not be considerate vs. VGA connection?

Hi slava739,
    I'm not positive, but believe that your T60 will drive 1920x1080 over VGA, if you want. However, I'd recommend using a digital connection instead. (I'm a bit of a fanatic that way.) A less expensive option than the $130 USB -> DVI adapter is to get a 2504 Advanced Mini Dock. You can find used/refurbed ones on eBay (and sometimes the Lenovo Outlet) for ~$80 last time I checked. It's quite handy to have the dock for all your external connections, anyway.
    You didn't say what OS you're running. Windows 7 is apparently resolution-independent; might make sense to go for the most pixels (highest resolution) you can, you can change the resolution as needed. Vista and earlier don't scale all icons / GUI elements properly, so it's better to choose your monitor's native resolution as something you'll actually use all/most of the time. If your eyesight is good, 1920x1080 on a 22" is probably ok. But 1680x1050 might result in less eyestrain, especially if you use your computer for long periods of time.
    Good luck!
    -Frank
    Results of Your Ideal Business-Class Laptop survey, concluded 2009-07-29.
    Did someone help you?
    Say thanks! with a kudo.
    Even better: Pay it forward, help someone else.

• Windows 7 driver support for T60(p)

Hello all
    Im a happy owner of a Thinkpad T60P, 2007-8LG model. However, im getting much tired of Windows XP and want to use the upcoming Windows 7 OS, but im a bit unsure if there will be any driver updates for the T60 models.
    I've seen the Windows 7 beta drivers page from Lenovo, but this only includes drivers from T61 and up. Can anyone confirm that there will be drivers released for T60(p) models as well (or in case the product line is ditched).
    Thanks in advance
    Solved!
    Go to Solution.

Nocture,
    I have a T60p (8744-J2U) with Windows 7 (Build 7229) runing very very happily. I have 4 GB installed. All the key drivers you need have been released and should work fine on your system.
    If you want a super clean install, refer to my post on  Device Driver Installation Order thread.
    Also, if you want a really stable laptop, DO NOT UPGRADE. Backup your system and data, VERIFY IT and then delete the partitions during install and let Windows 7 partition and format the drive.
    Pierre

• The LCD for my macbook air model number MC965LL/A (purchased 2011) is broken , where  can I get new one and what is the part number for it ?

The LCD for my macbook air model number MC965LL/A (purchased 2011) is broken , where  can I get new one and what is the part number for it ?

You can find them at vendors like ifixit and instructions to install.
    http://www.ifixit.com/Mac-Parts/MacBook-Air-13%22-Mid-2011

• Where can I purchase the motherboard for T60 model 2623-KEU?

Hello ALL:
       Please advice where can I purchase the motherboard for T60 model 2623-KEU?
    The BIOS password was locked while term. employee refuse to tell the password.
    Any way, how much it will cost? Is it possible to replace the motherboard by myself?
    If not, how much will be charge for all the service to replace motherboard?
    [email protected]
    Charlih Chen
    IT Engineer
    www.fortinet.com

wjli2 wrote:
    you could easily hack the BIOS..... while the battery removal process can't reset the password like other laptops can.... all the hacking software are on the web for free download....
    Don't go down this road or this thread will disappear. BIOS/Password hacking is not to be discussed on this forum.
    T60 2623-D7U, 3 GB Ram. Dual boot XP and Linux Mint.
    T400 2765-T7U Windows 7
    Registered Linux User #160145
    FYI: I am not employed by Lenovo

• Ram Upgrade for T60

Hi,
     I have IBM T60 laptop with 1 GB ram.  I want to upgrade the ram to 2 GB.  According to the lenovo site I need to install this ram
    2GB PC2-5300 NP DDR2 SDRAM SODIMM.
    40Y77352GB PC2-5300 DDR2 SDRAM SODIMM
     http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?sitestyle=lenovo&lndocid=MIGR-62761
    Should we have to install the ram recommended by IBM/Lenovo for T60.
    Are there any alternatives from a different company.

Welcome to the forum!
    Any laptop RAM spec'd at PC5300 or higher will work. You can shop around for the best deal you can find. FYI, IBM or Lenovo don't manufacture their own RAM sticks, but get it from other companies (Hynix, Samsung, Elpida, Micron) and re-brand it.
    Hope this helps.
    Cheers,
    George
    In daily use: R60F, R500F, T61, T410
    Collecting dust: T60
    Enjoying retirement: A31p, T42p,
    Non-ThinkPads: Panasonic CF-31 & CF-52, HP 8760W
    Starting Thursday, 08/14/2014 I'll be away from the forums until further notice. Please do NOT send private messages since I won't be able to read them. Thank you.

• Can I use the LCDS for... ?

Hi,
    I'm a beginner in LCDS.
    I have a MySQL database for my ordering system. In this database there is a user table and there are some other tables. These tables use foreign keys of user.id. People can register on my sytem (+1 row in a user table). I communicate throught web services in my mobile application. People can see only their own rows (own orders) (it is defined by the user.id).
    I would like to improve my mob.app. with offline, sync, and real time changings features.
    Can I use the LCDS for my system?
    Thanks

+information:
    Server: Apache Tomcat 7
    Web Services: Java WS, and it is protected with Custom Basic Authentication. The session contains user.id after the successful authentication.

• I have 2 old sony ericsson units and i am in need of new parts (lcd for k800, ring flex for p1i). can i still order original parts from sony ericsson??

I have 2 old sony ericsson units and i am in need of new parts (lcd for k800, ring flex for p1i). can i still order original parts from sony ericsson?

http://cnn.cn/shop/sonyericsson-k800i-c-28_168.html You can order the LCD screen for the K800 from here--I've used them before and their service is excellent.There are also some P1i spares on the same website.As far as I know, SE doesn't actually supply such spares.

• Where can I get a replacement "LCD" for my Ipad 1?

where can I get a replacement "LCD" for my Ipad 1?

Do you want to replace it yourself?
    Do It Yourself iPad Repair
    http://www.ifixit.com/Device/iPad
     Cheers, Tom

• Bluetooth add on for T60?

Hello to all in the forum, hope all of you are well.
    I have a T60 machine model no 2008BG4,  and it came without built in bluetooth.
    My question is, can I get a card on Amazon or someplace and install it on the motherboard or is it not possible to add bluetooth in this model? The only way I can do it right now is a bluetooth dongle, which can get annoying at times
    Thanks

the bluetooth modules is installed in the LCD bezel near the LED lights, if your machine did not came with bluetooth, then you may also need a new LCD screen cable that has a connector for the bluetooth module.
    It maybe cheaper just to get a usb bluetooth adapter.
    Regards,
    Jin Li
    May this year, be the year of 'DO'!
    I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft

• Part #'s For T60

There seems to be a crack in the plastic bezel around the LCD and in the palmrest. Can anyone tell me the FRU# for these .

You can tally the numbers at the following links:-
    Palmrest: http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/MIGR-66975.html#3
    LCD cover: http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-66977#
    Look for 8774-5Bx.
    Hope this helps.
    Maliha (I don't work for lenovo)
    ThinkPads:- T400[Win 7], T60[Win 7], IBM 240[Win XP]
    IdeaPad: U350
    Apple:- Macbook Air [Snow Leopard]
    Did someone help you today? Compliment them with a Kudos!
    Was your question answered today? Mark it as an Accepted Solution! 
      Lenovo Deutsche Community     Lenovo Comunidad en Español 
    Visit my YouTube Channel

• FMIS vs LCDS for Real Time Messaging In Flex

A team that I am working with is launching development for a new Flex app. The app will have multiple text chat rooms and video chat too.
    Since for video the architecture must include Flash Media Interactive Server (FMIS), the client assumes we will use FMIS for the text messaging.
    My question is, for text chat what advantages does LiveCycle Data Services (LCDS) have over FMIS?
    Does anyone here have experience with both that they can comment on? Can anyone provide links that might compare the pros and cons of LCDS vs FMIS? Or, dream come true, links providing comparisons of LCDS vs FMIS vs BlazeDS?
    Any thoughts or assistance will be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    g
    Flash Media Server FMS

> from mili to micro seconds. When I right click on the graph, in the
    > xscale formating when i change the dX, it does not really alter the
    > scale, meaning the waveform does not expand.Sure, the scale changes,
    > but now the time period of the waveform is 1micro second instead of 1
    > milli second.
    It sounds like you are changing the multiplier sometimes called the dX
    on the graph scale. This changes how the graph is labeled, which is
    sort of a unit or timescale change, but it doesn't affect the numeric
    formatting of the scale. On the same dialog, as well as on the popup
    are items for choosing scientific display or choosing digits after the
    decimal to display, if that is what you are interested in seeing.
    When you say you want to expand the waveform,
    you might also want to
    type into the min and max of the scale to view less data in the graph,
    thus leaving more detail on what is viewed. This is effectively
    zooming. If I still haven't guessed what it is you are trying to
    change, please explain your problem again in more detail or post a VI.
    As for choosing between a chart and a graph. The major difference is
    that a chart shows the new data attached to older historical data. If
    you are looking at individually sampled blocks of data, the graph is
    what you want. If you want to look at a window on all of the data you
    have gathered, a chart may work better. Also keep in mind that graphs
    have cursors, charts do not. If your chart's data isn't a waveform,
    then the X axis is simply samples and it tells the chart nothing about
    phase.
    Greg McKaskle

• Desktop icons not showing up for T60's and T61's

We are having an issue with nearly half (we have a few hundred at out company) of our T60’s and T61’s where they do not show the desktop icons at boot up.  If they start the task manager and run explorer then everything pops up like normal.  But they will have to repeat this process every time they boot up.  We also tried having them turn off the wireless radio via the slider switch but that did not help.
    One fix we found was to go C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Application Data  and copy the IconCache.db found there over the users IconCache.  This fixes the issue for 99% of the people who have this problem, but there are a few that continue to boot up to no desktop items.
    The only other fix we have found was to put explorer.exe in the start up folder.  This brings up a pop up of their My Documents at start up that they have to close but is much easier than going through the task manager to run explorer.
    We also have many T43’s and many Lenovo desktops from M-81, M-82, and M-88’s.  none of the desktops show this problem and we have not had this issue with any of the 43’s.
    The software packages are essentially the same for all of our systems.  The only difference being is that the desktops do not have VPN.
    Windows XP sp2
    MS Office 2003 standard
    IE 6
    Adobe Reader 8.1
    Lotus Notes 8.1
    Sametime 8.0
    Cisco VPN 4.6
    RealVNC 4
    Symantec Antivirus 10.1.5
    We run all MS updates and keep the laptops fully patched with Lenovo updates, the only updates we do not use is the ThinkVantage access connections.  We install all other system updates in the critical and recommended section.
    Some basic hard ware specs of the systems involved:
    T61
    Processor:        Intel Centrino Core Duo T8100 2.1GHz          
    Display:            NVIDIA Quadro NVS 140M 
    RAM:               3GB
    Disk Drive:       WDC WD1200BEVS
    BIOS:              LENOVO 7LETB2WW (2.12), 2/20/2008
    T60
    Processor:        Intel Centrino Core Duo T2500 2.0GHz
    Display:            ATI Mobility Radeon X1400
    RAM:               2GB
    Disk Drive:       ST9120822AS
    BIOS:              LENOVO 79ETE1WW (2.21), 2/5/2008
    T43
    Processor:        Intel Pentium M 1.86GHz
    Display:            ATI Mobility Radeon X300
    RAM:               1GB
    Disk Drive:       HTS541080G9AT00
    BIOS:              IBM 1YET62WW (1.27), 5/18/2006
    M88
    Processor:        Intel Pentium D 3.0Mh
    Display:            Intel Q965/Q963 Express Chipset
    RAM:               1GB
    Disk Drive:       WDC WD800JD
    BIOS:              LENOVO 2JKT37AUS, 7/12/2007

Good news: I found a solution. Kind of bad news: it's an extremely awkward behaviour –*but at least it works.
    Start iTunes, remove all your voice memos from your library (back them up if you need them), quit iTunes. Restart Finder. Done. I hope that helps!

• What is the part number for T60 DVD/RW replacement?

Hello,
    I have looked through the Lenovo support site and could not find definitive information on what is the correct part number for a DVD/RW replacement for a T60 (2613-CTO).  I don't have access to this machine at this time so I can not remove the bad drive to check for any relevant info. I'd appreciate any help in locating this part number.I only have a small window of time where I can get the part and give it to my relative.
    Thanks.

Ah ... your "39T2851" info leads to "Marketing Part Number 41N5643", which is listed for $199.00 at http://shop.lenovo.com/us/accessories. Hmm, let's see if I can find it somewhere else cheaper.
    Thanks for your very quick response.

• LCD for Color Grading

I'll need to dive into Color when I finish editing my one-hour long documentary in a couple months. The doc is intended to be shown on a large theatre screen one time, then broadcast on community-access television and lent through our regional public library system on DVD. My question(s): Can the Apple 30" Cinema Display be used for color grading? Or HP's 2480zx LCD Monitor? Would the Spyder3Elite Display Calibration product be useful? Thanks in advance.

Interestingly enough, the options for trying to push a computer text display into being a grade monitor are narrowing down to nothing. The harder people have been trying to make a silk purse out of these sow's ears has resulted in the inevitable conclusion that hey, there really is no such thing as free lunch. Even the vaunted ACD's after watching two of them for nearly three years now, can't hold a calibration for more than a couple of hours and then go magenta. Its because we need so much green to make D65 white. Those poor green dots just peter out and then red and blue take over. So you better be fast, because you will be working with a different monitor for the second half of the day.
    An interesting thread on a pro telecine site has been discussing the HP Dreamcolor... the general conclusion is that it is probably great for a cubicle farm full of compositing and animation artists who more need a match between them than truly accurate colorimetry. At least its consistent. A high end grading device company member warned against using certain types of "probes", since at varying resolutions of display, you really have no idea what the thing is integrating to come up with a white point.
    One of the really huge things that is missing is the ENVIRONMENT that the grade is taking place in. Sure, the monitor is important... but almost equally so is the room in which it is situated... its ambient illumination and the requirement for a constant contrast neutral 18% D65 background against which to judge the monitor itself, not just what it is trying to display.
    That's one of the reasons that the COLOR GUI is that "ugly" grey.... even though its probably not grey at all if the monitor you're using to display it is whacked. Every time you look at it... it is influencing the balance of your target image. Imagine you're the beer taster at the world's finest brewery.... and what (hold on a minute while I savour the fantasy.... okay, I'm back) but between samples you take a big gulp of vinegar. Right. Is that going to work?
    jPo

Maybe you are looking for

• Desktop Manager Not Working After Security Wipe

I had to do a security wipe on my Tour to fix a problem I was having with the Bluetooth on my phone (which surpisingly worked!).  However, now when I try to sync my phone with my computer, Desktop Manager has a problem.  When the program gets to sync

• Sustitution Problem

Hi, I'm facing some problem in Substitution & using the same substitution in back also. when I go to add some value in Prerequisites and come back to save the system shows me the error message "Maximum formula length is reached'"   Message no. GB016 

• Problem with a pixel

Hello, I have a stuck pixel the left side of the screen. The thing is, it does not stay in the same position. When I change the resolution of the screen, the pixel would move somewhere along the column of pixels on the left side of the screen. When I

• Create Motion Path

Hi. I am trying to follow a tutorial, but I dont get the options they do.  Basically, I created an image and converted it to a movie clip.  Inside of this movie clip, I create a new layer and I give both layers 70 frames.  On the top layer, I then dr

• MBP-retina performance after SMC update

Anyone notice a substantial increase in performance after the MacBook Pro Retina SMC update from a few days ago? (http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1559) Before, I would have audio glitching when playing iTunes match or spotify, or intermittent graphics