5200 T128

S.O.S  S.O.S
I HAD BOUGHT A MSI GEFORCE FX 5200 T 128 RECENTLY, I HAVEN'T BEEN ABLE TO INSTALL INTERVIDEO'S WINDVB SOFTWARE AS IT TELLS ME TO INSTALL THE DST CARD DRIVERS FIRST, HAVING DONE THAT I STILL GET THE SAME DST DRIVERS NOT INSTALLED ERROR, HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AMD ATHLON XP BARTON 2800+
GIGABYTE GA 7N400 E(-L)
MSI GEFORCE FX 5200 T 128
HYNIX PC 2700 512 MB
SEAGATE BARRACUDA 7200 RPM 80 GB
REALTEK AC 97 AUDIO
i-BOX
SAMSUNG SYNCMASTER 773S
ASUS 52X CD ROM DRIVE
LG 52X32X52X CD RE-WRITER
M'SOFT WHEEL MOUSE OPTICALS
I-KEY MULTIMEDIA KEYBOARD
WIN 98 SE
WHAT CABLE DO I NEED TO WATCH TV ON MY PC? SOMEBODY TOLD ME THAT I'D HAVE TO BUY AN S TO S-VIDEO OUT CABLE,IS IT THE RITE ONE?

Please post your computer's specification otherwise we cannot help.

Similar Messages

• 5200 T128. my computer freezes when i try to run games

OK.. the thing is:  i just bought a Geforce FX 5200 T128, with 128 MB DDR (the one without a cooling fan), and when i try to run my DirectX 9 games (GTA: Vice city, NFS: Underground, Hitman: Contracts) my computer locks up in the game's loading screen. These lock-ups occur also, when i set the anisotropic filtering at values higher than 2x, and/or when i turn the V-sync on, but only when i start a game..
       ALSO...... the same lock-up occurs when i try to RENAME A FILE ------- the cursor is still blinking, but EVERYTHING else freezes.
          So? whats up guys.... last time i checked the FX 5200 had support for DX9, didn't it?
          Well, i can't tell exactly if the problem is common to all DX9 games, because i didn't tryed many of them... but the games listed above, all require DX9. Furter more, those games ran on my older Geforce2 MX400, witch doesn't have support for DX9. All my other non DX9 games work fine (well not to the max, because i still have a mainboard witch supports only AGP 4x). If i change my mainboard to one with AGP 8x will the problem be solved?
         Also, the videocard, out of my opinion, gets  too hot after i play a game, but i don't think this should be the problem, because when i try to start those games, my computer still locks up, even though i just started it, and the videocard didn't have time to overheat.
          The problem occurs with both the driver from the CD that came with the card, and the new Forceware 56.72. I haven't tryed oder drivers. The videocard is not overclocked, and the frequencies are on the standard 200 Mhz (GPU), and 400 Mhz (RAM)
          So, can you help me out here.. give me some suggestions? I have written here all the information i beleive are relevant to the problem. My processor is a 1200 Mhz AMD Duron, and 256 MB SDRAM
    -------------  -------------

Obi One,
    Have you tried changing the AGP voltage in your bios to 1.6V?  Got the same problem before when running 3D games.  My system doesn't lock up but it gives me weird display (lot of greens).  It was solved when I increased my AGP voltage setting from 1.5V to 1.6V.  You may want to post your power supply specs too because the FX cards are really power hungry.
    Good Luck  

• MSI's Geforce FX 5200-T128 = FX 5200 Ultra !!

I recently bought an MSI Geforce FX 5200-T128 and decided to OC it and replace the stock heatsink to help the OC'ing a bit. It comes with a heatsink only and no fan. I got this cooler from an old Macintosh machine that could fit perfectly into the GPU. When I open the stock heatsink on the card I was surprised that on the GPU there is "FX 5200 Ultra" written on it. Is it really the ultra version ? If it is, then how come the Detonator (Both MSI's and Nvidia's) recognise it as a Geforce 5200 series only...not ultra ?? I read in the net that sometimes you can make an ordinary card and turn into the ultra ver. by changing the BIOS ! Can someone explain to me about this ? Am I really having the Ultra ver. GPU ??? Can I alter the BIOS so it works like an ultra ver ?? THX ppl......

hi,
    i have the same card with you.  o/c'd it to its limits [290GPU/464DDR] normally it had to reach 320GPU and 500DDR but the ram on card 5ns soo highest is 464Mhz[i am sorry]. you can o/c it to 320GPU-480DDR but at these speeds;
     in 3dmark 2003 wings of furry test it passes some frames like slow cards and 2001SE it crushes on looping 3-4 tests...
    when i relased that it is working but graphics are little choppy you can see...
    290GPU&464DDR is the best stable solution i could able to find .. i o/c'd it with riva tuner and 3D turbo express .....both gives the same result...

• [GeForce PCe] FX 5200 T128 VS RX300HM

I will change my video card, but i have right now a FX 5200 T128, i want to change to RX300HM PCIe
    work equal or have better with the PCIe card.
    My mother is a MSI K8N NEO3-F with AGR SLOT and PCIe slot
    AMD Athlon 64 3200+
    Thanks

Hello, I am for buying this video card (MSI RX300HM). The performance of the  pci - e is much better than the agr,this is said constant in the forums. Equally do I want to ask them that such it is this video card?   

• Problem GeForce FX 5200 T128 DDR

My video card is MSI GeForce FX 5200 T128 DDR
    I have a problem in games - eg. if i'm playing GTA III (Vice City) when
    i play a few min.
    everything are mixed up with everything. Buildings, road, grass have
    wierd shape and texture.
    MSI GeForce FX 5200 T128 DDR
    Athlon 1800+
    MSI k7T266 Pro-A
    256 mb

Try disabling AGP fast writes.
    If you have a passively coold FX it's possible it's heating up, you should try it with the case open or with a fan over the heatsink.

• MSI 5200 T128 intermittent no Video at POST

Hi folks:
    I've got a MSI FX 5200 T128 AGP that occasionally refuses to display video on POST.  (monitor says: NO SIGNAL)  The card works in other machines, but the problem seems to come and go (on the original machine), so it might be a problem in other machines too, but I need more time to test that.
    Also, there seemed to be some occasional minor video corruption - as if the monitor was degaussing - this also occurs intermittently.
    Pulled out the card, tried a 1 MB PCI vid card, worked ok for a week.  Put the MSI FX AGP card back in - worked for 3 days - shut down computer overnight - in morning no POST, problem reoccured.
    Tried the monitor on other computers - seems ok.
    I thought it might be a PSU issue, so that was changed, but the problem remains.
    This computer functioned OK for 15 months.  Suddenly this issue started.  
    No power surges have occured / no lightening strikes  
    the vid card and motherboard are still under MSI's warranty.
    SPECS:
    MSI K7N2 Delta L
    512MB RAM (NANYA) 400 MHZ DDR (in 333 mode)
    AMD Barton 2500+ 333 FSB, stock HSF w/ Artic Silver 3
    PSU: (NEW) Generic 450W, +3.3 28A, +5 50A, +12 18A
    1 80 GIG WesternDig. HD 7200rpm 8 MB cache
    1 Liteon DVD-ROM/CDRW Combo
    1 PCI Creative Labs internal DSL modem
    1 Optiquest Q71 Monitor 17"
    2 USB Devices (Lexmark Printer, Cheep-o Webcam)
    - Using on board Audio
    - PS2 KB
    - PS2 Mouse
    - extra case fan, blowing at MSI FX 5200
    -computer is not in a cramped area, good ventalation, in a dry basement and its winter (room temp 20 C)
    -computer/video card never overclocked
    Tried: AGP FastWrites on/off
              AGP X8 enabled on/off
              Init. display first AGP.PCI  AGP/PCI toggle
              -pull and reseated video card
              - pull and reseated system RAM
              - visual inspection of Vid Card = no burns, no loose parts
    My guess is: - Video card bad
                       - AGP Slot bad
                        - other Motherboard issue.
    I need to know:
    -solution(s)
    -if Video card fails in another machine,  I'll RMA, but the problem occurs after some time, will they accept this  RMA?
    -if Video OK, then mobo? Same as above: problem intermittent, and takes time to reoccur,  will they accept this RMA?
    Thanks.

I have a K7N2G-ILSI with a Barton 2500+and installed an FX 5200-TD128 card and computer would not POST. The problem ended up being the memory (2 x GEIL Ultra DDR400 256MB @ 333MHZ). After replacing mem. with 2 x PNY PC2700 DDR333 256MB resulted in instant cure. Try replacing your DDR400 with DDR333 mem. sticks.

• Has anyone tested MSI Geforce FX 5200 T128 with latest Riva tuner to check if its 64 bit or not?

hey guys,
                 has anyone ever checked MSI Geforce FX 5200 T128 with Riva Tuner to check if it is 64 bit or 128 bit,        please help me

its 64 bit anyway if ur talking about the mem not sure on the gpu either 128 bit or 256

• Is MSI Geforce FX 5200 T128 128 bit ?

hey guys,
                  please tell me is my Graphic card MSI Geforce FX 5200 T128 is 128 bit or not?

hey guys,
                  i wanted to ask if the basic FX 5200 is 64 bit then what will those VTD models of the FX 5200 do , it makes no sense either MSI FX 5200 is 64 bit Original and there are no 128 bits ok or it must be FX 5200 Ultra which i could not get cause it was not available only i could find was FX 5700 Ultra which was too expensive or the 5600 which was also expensive this was perfect but each model i found was 65 bit ??? why ?

• FX-5200-T128 and DVI-I

Hi all,
    I have a 5200 whithout a digital output and I´m interested in a TFT with DVI-I.
    The manual of the card says that the card "supports" DVI-I. Can I buy a connector forn the card or something like that?
    Thanks,

Most flat panels accept standrad VGA plug. So your FX5200 T128 would work with them.  Buy a new card if you are interested in the "improved" quality with DV-I.  I have an FX5200-128TD, which comes with both VGA and DV-I connectors.  I have also an HP1903 panel which accepts both VGA and DV-I connectors. Picture quality is marginally better with DV-I. Both are excellent by the way.

• 5200 T128 drivers won't install in XP

Just purchased a GeForce FX5200 T-128 and installed the driver from the accompanying CD. Then prompted to restart system which I did. Upon starting, I realised that the driver hasn't been installed yet as it still prompts me that the system has detected a new display card. Tried this several times with various drivers but can't seem to get the drivers installed. Anyone knows what's wrong?
    My system is running on Win XP SP1, 512Mb Ram.

Hi localfish, the main problem is that win xp runs plug and pray, so it will automatically say that it has found a new graphics card even when you have installed the drivers yourself. But this doesnt mean it will not have installed the drivers you have set.
    Re-boot your system and then go to the control panel item in your pop up main menu, select appearance and themes, click display.then to settings then to advanced this will bring you to the graphics settings.go to adapter then click properties and then click the driver box which tells you which version it is running.
    Check this against the drver you installed and it will probably be the same.
    Sorry if i telling you something you already know, just hope it helps...
     Thing is the drivers from the disk are probably well out of date anyway, so your best going to the Nvidia site and downloading the newest ones.
    http://www.nvidia.com/page/home.
    Hope you get it sorted bud

• High definition video with Geforce FX 5200 ?

hey guys,
               can some body tell me if my MSI Geforce FX 5200 T128 is capable of high definition video e.g stretching small video window to full screen, in this mode you see bad video quality is there any solution ?

this is not a vga issue. if u get a video with 720x480 resolution and strength it, surely it will lose quality. for maximum resolution of windows, check the monitor and vga card´s manual for specifications.

• FX5500-T128 memory interface 64bits or 128??

Hi, I buyed the new card MSI FX5500-T128, 128MB DDR 400MHz, for 97 US Dollars. I only buyed this card for the 128bits memory bandwidth, but when I run Rivatuner 2.0 rev 14.3 show me this Card has a 64bit memory interface !!! oh  !!! This is real ?? MSI user manual say diferent, this say 128 bits, what happened???
    I need an answer.
    Thanks.

hey guys,
                     i wanted to ask for some advice on guys like me who have bought the MSI FX 5200 T128 which is 64 bit memory card, that should we just throw it out in the garbage although i bought it for about 70 $ i could not determine it was whether 64 bit or 128 bit because the serial no. stamp did not say anything about it although there were china made cards with information about 128 bit or 64 bit ? so guys what do you suggest i do with my graphic card i just can't sell this card for 70 $ again you know it would be considered used and i may only get 50 $ if i resale it to a local retailer but to tell you guys the truth, in Pakistan almost 90% people buy this 64 bit card and are happy with it nobody knows what 128 bit card is they say either we have FX 5200, FX 5600,  FX 5700 Ultra and above. When i asked about the FX 5200 Ultra version they said it does not exist anymore or perhaps its not a sellign item. So what do you suggest guys shoul i keep this card for my new 2.4 Ghz Pentium 4 Prescott system. ?
    My old system is as under
    Pentium 3 733 Mhz 256 cache.
    Dell Intel 815 chipset board
    Geforce MX 400 32 MB (advertised as 64 Mb)
    Memory 256 Mb 133 Mhz
    My new system.
    Pentium 4 2.40c Prescott processor 1 Mb Cache
    MSI Neo 2 Platinium board (120 $ price very expensive)
    Kingston DDR 400 Mhz
    MSI Geforce FX 5200 T128 card ( the one  i have 64 bit )
    Now the other Cards like 5600 regular price was about 110-120 $ so do you guys think i had a choice if asked several times about the 128 bit card the retailer said they don't have 5200 128 bit anyway Even i saw Inno3D Tornado Fx 5200 with a sticker saying clearly that it was 64 bit and everyone was buying it its price was
    70 $  as well
    So what do you think guys

• Question about 865PE Platinium board?

hey guys,
                    can anybody help me in good operation of 865PE Platinium board, i first started it, i heard large amount of noise from CPU fan i thought it would be finished soon but no progress then i installed MSI Corecenter and the sound died, that does mean MSI Core center works good right and one more question i installed latest MSI Live Update 3.6 version it came with live monitor what does live monitor do ? i mean live update not live monitor ?
    any way the main question is i found that my CPU temperature is 51 C and system is 41 C is this temperate ok i mean if i turn on the Air Conditioner no affect neither room fan although there is no direct sunlight or anything and the other fact that i am living in a city which is very hot like 45-49 C usually . so what do i do i got two fans in the system one is power fand and the other is additional heat deciptation fan but the CPU is hot why? i have the following system
    2.40 Prescott CPU
    865PE Platiunium board
    256 Kingston 400 Mhz single chip
    MSI Geforce FX 5200 T128 (64bit) cause that was only available
    i got a stabimatic stabilizer 500 V ok and i got monitor of Philips 14 inch with direct power cable to the CPU not seperate power only from CPU.
    i proceed by turning the stabilizer on then monitor and then CPU cause big burden on the power of the monitor
    help me out guys

I'll say, prove your uncle wrong then . I have my MSI 865PE Neo2 and MSI FX5950Ultra(see my signature below) running for 1 yr 6 months w/o any problems.
    First of all, I just want to tell you that your NB chipset only comes with a NB heatsink w/o fan, so corecenter will report N/A on NB fan. Next corecenter will only detect the fan speeds from the CPU Fan and NB Fan(if any) that's connected to the 3 pin SFAN connector.
    SpeedFan is definately a better alternative if you decide to switched detection utilities but the same goes for speedfan utility, where it'll report N/A if nothing is detected. It doesn't matters how many fans you have in a system, when it comes to detection of Fans and Fan Speeds, it totally depends on what is actually connected to the correct connectors.
    Next, if you want a stable airflow within the system, you've got to try placing the inlet fans near to the bottom of the chassis and the exhuast fans near the top rear of the chassis. Too many fans isn't good, a 3 fans system will do just nice to maintain good airflow in and out.
    You may want to refer to the Mobo Burnt Prevention Guide under my signature to get some ideas on what are the areas that could burnt a mobo/hardware/system down.

• Compare-- Nvidia-cards

I was wondering if anyone can tell me how can i configure ok my msi, video card
    i have a fx5200 t-128.
    I`m asking this because i´ve compared a lot my card with other video cards of some friends and the results are bad, their cards (64 megs mx 440 evga ddr 8x, 64megs mx440se xfx SDR) worked better in all of the games where i´ve proved. games like grand thieft auto-vice city, quake3, wolfenstein, max pain 2, need for speed 6 etc (I though that in this game having 128megs of ddr, would improve the image and running, but it only managed to run the game the same as the other two cards).
    I´ve done all the recomendations the forum has to offer, but it just doesn't work it only works ok (ok, is to run Gta vice-city, on 1027-768-32bits, without slowing never, or sometimes)  when i put the clocks on captain (MSI drivers), and i dont like that; the card is suposed to give better resolution on games, than this other 2 cards, on its normal clock numbers is,nt it?.
    When i bought my computer I had the chance to decide between the fx5200 t-128, an mx440-128 megs 8x ddr(evga), and a mx440 64megs 8x ddr (evga), now i think i chosed bad i though that MSI products with other MSI products worked better, but i think i was wrong.
    I need help with the clock thing i think i´ve bodered to much with that.
    My specifications
    MSI KT6-delta(LRS), wonderful
    MSI fx 5200 t128
    amd 2000+
    maxtor 40gigs 7200 rpm
    creative 52x cdrom
    LG Combo dvdrom+burner
    (2) Elixir 256megs ddr-400 pc 3200
    power suply--Duro 400W
    windows xp pro sp1
    intel modem 56k
    the specifications for the xfx
    intel p4 2.4gigs
    intel 845emv2 (4xagp)
    maxtor 40 gigs 7200 rpm
    xfx GF4 mx440 4x, 64megs SDR
    creative Audigy lx
    hauppage Win tv
    256 RDRAM-samsung
    windows xp pro sp1
    motorola modem 56k
    and for the evga
    amd 2000+
    MSI kt3
    40 gigs
    maxtor 40 gigs 7200 rpm
    evga GF4 mx 440 8x, 64 megs ddr
    256-256 pc2100
    windows xp home edition

The 5200 is the problem not MSI.
    The 5200 is the MX class card of today, so yes, you made a poor choice in the class of card. Thinking that MSI products work better with each other seems logical in theory but it is naive in nature. The same applies with any manufacturer.
    You basically stepped sideways instead of forward in other words.
    It may even be configuration issues with the system you are using it on. I noticed that on the KT6, you are using DDR 400 and an AMD XP2000+, I do know that on the nvidia chipset, you have to run the memory and the CPU with the same ratio 1:1 or you wil have a performance loss, even if your RAM is rated higher, but I think it is ok on the VIA board.
    BIOS settings, OS configuration, driver optimization/version & monitor used can all impact gaming on a wide variety of hardware, so it's really hard to pin it down to any one thing. I can tell you it's not MSI's fault as far as hardware goes. I would consider downloading the latest drivers from nVidia here --> nVidia Drivers
    Bottom line the 5200 class is a weak card...the GF4 TI4200 performs better...way better.

• INTERVIDEO MSIPVS doesnt install on the TV@nywhere MASTER???

Im Trying to install the Intervideo MSIPVS after i double click on it, it hangs then comes up with an error
    Error Number: 0x80040707
    Description: Dll function call crashed: Instutil.GetDVRProductInfo
    Steup will now terminate.
    Iv got this Master TV@nywhere in a MSI Mega 865 Cube Deluxe (intel) p42.4, 1gb ram, onboard vga, onboard Sound, iv tried putting a MSI 5200-t128 in but still get the same problem! can anyone help?
    Email: [email protected]

not without reformatting  
    before installing windows, go into BIOS and temporarily disable the USB controller (to deactivate the Card Reader). Or you could open the case and disconnect the card reader from the mobo
    boot from the windows cd, and delete your existing partition, then when you create a new partition, C: will be the first available. once the partition is created, when windows reboots your PC you can go back into BIOS and re-enable USB controller (or reconnect), or you could just wait until windows has been installed, it will pick up the card reader and usb controller automatically

Maybe you are looking for

• Windows Storage Server 2008 R2 Using 4TB hard disk

Hi, I have a HP X1600 G2, then I bought 12 x 4TB hard disk for increasing the disk space for this unit. What I want to do is using the hardware array to configure the following: 3 x 4TB RAID-5 plus 1 Spare to create 3 Logical Drives. Then Spanned set

• Distiller can not find its sdandard ICC profiles

I have Acrobat X installed on Windows 7 (x64) as part of CS6 Master collection. Every 4-5 days during simple browsing I get an pop up with error: Distiller can not find its standard ICC profiles. Please reinstall Adobe Acrobat to correct this problem

• Manual Reservations Integration Model

Hello All, In our project, during Go-live we dint had manual reservation Integration Model Activated due to some business reason.  whenver a process order is created in R/3, Reservations for Components appear in R/3 and APO. Now when the components a

• Business Explorer in German Version

Hi, I have installed SAP GUI 710.  When I am trying to open Bex Analyzer am not getting English version.  Its getting some german version. And I am tring to open with Older version 3.5 also.  Its also throwing some error. Can anybody help in this. Re

• Jndi.properties

Hi Folks! First of all, please excuse my bad english ;-) Our problem: We have a Struts based web application running under OC4J 10g. We want to access our EJB's which are deployed on an other OC4J container. To do this, we have put our jndi.propertie