A few questions for Palm T2....

I just inherited an old Tungsten T2, and it really has worked wonders for me for my first week of school, I don't know how I lived without one before. But anyways, here are my questions:
When I put new items into my to-do list, if they are for another day ahead of where I currently am, they disappear, and reappear the day of. Is there a way to show all my to-dos?
Are there other alarm tones & themes I can get for the UI?
Is there anyway that I can use this with my current bluetooth enabled phone? I have tried creating a new connection for the phone section, but it doesn't see my phone, which is wierd because my phone does see it. Is the unit too old to use with my current phone? I have a Casio G'Zone Boulder for Verizon.
Thanks for answering my quesitons!
Post relates to: Tungsten T2

I dont think I can help with the ToDo List issue, but:
2. Try RNS Click Click Alarm, and you might want to look at these:
http://www.freewarepalm.com/music/emeraldsounds.shtml
http://www.freewarepalm.com/utilities/geeksounds.shtml
Themes? Theres the color theme pref panel built in
Theres skinUI: http://www.freewarepalm.com/utilities/skinui.shtml
3. Is your phone set to be Discoverable?
webosnation.com is another option for help.

Similar Messages

• A few questions for Iphone Owners...

Ive watched the videos, ive read the forums for a few days now, but still have some questions.
    1) can you record your phone calls from the iphone? I havent seen anyone mention this. Can you at least record memos with it or do you have to make memos with text only?
    Its nice to be able to be somewhere and record a voice memo.
    2) One thing I hate about verizon is the minute long triad people get after they hear my voice mail greeting. At least when i had sprint I could go into advanced options and turn off all the crap after my voice mail greeting to spare the poor caller anymore of his/her time after my greeting. Is there a way to do this with AT&T? I swear its the wireless carriers trying to milk more than a minute out of you so they can get another minute to bill you for when you call someone from your cell phone.
    3) Lastly, how is the picture quality with the phone? Ive owned a LG chocolate, a razor, a ppc 6700, a sanyo , etc and Ive yet to even be partially impressed with a camera phone. I think my LG is the closest Ive ever got to a "okay " picture. Im not picky, just a picture that isnt blurry would be nice. Is it that much to ask to take a picture of a kid that is hardly moving and not have it be blurry? Or one outside that doesent become washed out from the bright light? Im not sure what people are even using camera phones for, but Im guessing they are about as usefull as web browsers in previous cell phones (ie, worthelss). Does the iphone hold its own in this regard or is the same old cellphone camera as the rest of them?
    Thanks for any replies. Just as a side note, one of the reasons im looking at the iphone is one I havent seen anyone list on the apple forum. UPDATES! Im no apple fanboy, but I give them credit for constantly fixing/improving the ipod and listening to the customers. If there is one reason above any other for owning the iphone, its that I belive apple will constantly be fixing/improving/ etc the iphone throughout its life cycle and you cant say that about any other phone mfg. The most you get out of them is some firmware updates if there is a serious flaw. And even then they only are fixing it becuase they advertised it and if they dont fix it they will get sued. My 2 cents anyway..

1) There is no voice nor video recording functionality on the iPhone
    2) Sorry but I haven't actually tried voicemail yet from an incoming caller's perspective. The visual voicemail system itself is fantastic though - to be able to pick and choose the messages you want to hear in any order is great.
    3) The screen on the iPhone is absolutely stunning. I actually just stared at the picture of the Earth from space that is on the screen prior to activation just because it looked so good. Videos also play very nicely though with the enhanced resolution of this screen, you will notice conversion artifacts more easily than on the much smaller regular iPod screen. But this is not an iPhone issue but rather due to the parameters set by the end user when converting video.
    I am very happy I got this phone and with knowing how well Apple handles software updates, I know even this version 1.0 hardware will get even better.
    Mac Pro   Mac OS X (10.4.10)  

• A few Questions For A New User

Hi, I did a quick search, but did not get direct answers, so I am posting this thread as a group of new user questions (to save forum space). Sorry that they might cover more than one "Forum Category", but they are at least all iPhone 4 questions. Its also pretty sad that none of this is in a manual. As a matter of fact, there is no users manual !, what ever happen to the days where you got a correctly explained Users Manual with a $600 product that is 5" tall ? lol
    Ok, yesterday I just bought a iPhone 4. I am running iOS 4.2.1 (the currently latest iOS as I type this).
    Questions:
    1- Exactly who can communicate with me on "FaceTime" ? Only other iPhone users with it ? Or is it part of iChat ? AOL ? What ?
    2- On the opening/home page of the iPhone where you have all them little boxes of app's or stuff (Phone, Contacts, Mail, Safari, Settings, YouTube, iPod, etc..) how can I move them in the order I want them ? And also delete ones I do not want or will never need ? (like YouTube, Stocks, and Game Center)
    3- On my older phone (and all older phones I've had including FREE Metro phones) I am able to bluetooth the phone to my laptop (or vice versa) to quickly transfer/send/receive files and stuff back and forth (photos, my voice notes, contact card files, etc..) via Bluetooth - Well I am trying it now with my iPhone, and my laptop sees the iPhone as a device, and even gets as far as a passkey thing, etc.. but the iPhone just sits there spinning its "connection wheel". Triple checked settings on both ends and connection, triple tested, etc.. and as my older phones do it no prob, under same settings, iPhone doesn't seem to bluetooth to my laptop for file sharing. NEITHER will it bluetooth to my other phones that all work elsewhere bluetoothing. Whats the deal ? Is this a known issue ?
    4- I am absolutely astonished at the small amount of horribly lame ringtones/text tones, etc.. there is as choices on this iPhone. Is there anyway to get/buy/free download more of them and use them for various ring/tone and alert sources in the iPhone ? If so, where please ?
    5- Where is the best place to get 100% supported apps for the iPhone ? Ones that are guaranteed to not cause system conflicts in the iPhone. Also, free ones ? And exactly how do you do it ?
    6- Is there a "Extended Battery" available to buy for the iPhone 4 ? If so, whats the best one and where do I get it ?
    7- Also, looking for the absolute BEST Bluetooth headset. Money of no concern, but quality of voice and hearing is. Along with intuitive features, etc.. Any suggestions ?
    Thanks !

Roulette Records wrote:
    Hi, I did a quick search, but did not get direct answers, so I am posting this thread as a group of new user questions (to save forum space). Sorry that they might cover more than one "Forum Category", but they are at least all iPhone 4 questions. Its also pretty sad that none of this is in a manual. As a matter of fact, there is no users manual !, what ever happen to the days where you got a correctly explained Users Manual with a $600 product that is 5" tall ? lol
    Ok, yesterday I just bought a iPhone 4. I am running iOS 4.2.1 (the currently latest iOS as I type this).
    Questions:
    1- Exactly who can communicate with me on "FaceTime" ? Only other iPhone users with it ? Or is it part of iChat ? AOL ? What ?
    2- On the opening/home page of the iPhone where you have all them little boxes of app's or stuff (Phone, Contacts, Mail, Safari, Settings, YouTube, iPod, etc..) how can I move them in the order I want them ? And also delete ones I do not want or will never need ? (like YouTube, Stocks, and Game Center)
    3- On my older phone (and all older phones I've had including FREE Metro phones) I am able to bluetooth the phone to my laptop (or vice versa) to quickly transfer/send/receive files and stuff back and forth (photos, my voice notes, contact card files, etc..) via Bluetooth - Well I am trying it now with my iPhone, and my laptop sees the iPhone as a device, and even gets as far as a passkey thing, etc.. but the iPhone just sits there spinning its "connection wheel". Triple checked settings on both ends and connection, triple tested, etc.. and as my older phones do it no prob, under same settings, iPhone doesn't seem to bluetooth to my laptop for file sharing. NEITHER will it bluetooth to my other phones that all work elsewhere bluetoothing. Whats the deal ? Is this a known issue ?
    4- I am absolutely astonished at the small amount of horribly lame ringtones/text tones, etc.. there is as choices on this iPhone. Is there anyway to get/buy/free download more of them and use them for various ring/tone and alert sources in the iPhone ? If so, where please ?
    5- Where is the best place to get 100% supported apps for the iPhone ? Ones that are guaranteed to not cause system conflicts in the iPhone. Also, free ones ? And exactly how do you do it ?
    6- Is there a "Extended Battery" available to buy for the iPhone 4 ? If so, whats the best one and where do I get it ?
    7- Also, looking for the absolute BEST Bluetooth headset. Money of no concern, but quality of voice and hearing is. Along with intuitive features, etc.. Any suggestions ?
    Thanks !
    Hello there
    1. For Facetime you can communicate with other iPhone 4 users, iPod Touch 4th generation users & Macs running 10.6.4 or later with the Facetime app.
    2. To move apps into any order you want, tap and hold on an app until it starts to jiggle then just move them in any order you want. To create a folder drag one app on top of another. Default apps cannot be deleted however it can be moved.
    3. Bluetooh file transfer does not exist on the iPhone possibly due to copyright laws.
    4. For ringtones you can use your own. For text tones you can't unfortunately.
    5. The only place to get Offical iPhone apps is the app store. All apps there are 100% safe and sandboxed.
    6. Yes there is extended battery available, check the apple online store.
    7. Don't have a suggestion. Sorry
    Hopes this help ,
    Regards
    Andy

• A few questions for a new setup

Hi All,
    I've been wanting to set up Main Stage to replace a hardware synth of mine (Korg Micro X) as I am limited by the 25 note key range. I've set up the whole gig (concert) with split patches etc and it sounds great. I'm using my NORD Electro 2 as a MIDI keyboard. The thing is, that I want to use some of the sounds from the NORD as they sound much better than the software synth versions. I think I have figured out a way around this by having a concert level audio channel which my NORD goes into and out to the main output. I've also mapped a foot controller to solo this channel (as sometimes I want to hear just the NORD and not the software synths which are mapped over the same keys). I've similarly mapped a button on the NORD to mute the NORD channel so that I only hear the software synth.... (phew)
    Now, the problem is that if I have the mute switch ON, and then I solo the NORD track, it works fine. Once I release the solo pedal (I have to hold it down while I play), the NORD channel doesn't fully mute again. It attenuates but not fully mutes. To fully mute I have to un-mute the channel and re-mute. Is there any way around this???
    Another question, is there any way that you can turn OFF some midi signals?? Or put another way, tell Main Stage to ignore certain MIDI signals? Some of the NORD buttons are transmitting information to Main Stage by default. I.e. when I select a preset patch on the NORD, it jumps to a certain patch in Main Stage and I don't want it to do this.
    I know it's a lot of information but I would appreciate any information.
    Cheers,
    Andrew
    P.S. I'm running Main Stage 1.0.2

I haven't tried this, but one way around this might be to teach MainStage about the offending button.
    Set up a new button in MS Layout & 'Learn' your patch change to it.
    Having done that, disable the new button in Edit.
    If you set this up at Concert level, it ought to prevent any patch change messages getting through to the rest of MainStage.

• A few questions for people with the new ipod

1. does it scratch easily?
    2. is there any other way to put video on it (instead of quicktime)?
    3. which is better the white or the black?
    4. can you take video off it. (use it as an external hard drive for video. or is it like music where you need to download a program to remove the video? if so what program?)
    thanks

1. yes so they say (had for a week now and no problems yet. I have the white one.)
    2. use hand brake or pspware.
    handbrake for video_ts files and pspware for all other files.
    3. white see less scratches (think of a car)
    4.once you go through itunes you have to use a 3rd party program, have not tried any with the video part yet.

• Few Questions From A New

what's up? new creative user, just jumped on board in april with a Muvo Micro N200 GB and bought my little sis a 256 Muvo TX FM. I just have a few questions for the experienced users.
    . What's the point of the Zen Micro? Spend 80 bucks on a 5 GB player when you can buy a 20GB player for around 200 (Zen Xtra), what sense does it make?
    2. Why doesn't the zen touch come in 60GB capacity like the XTRA?
    3. Why is the Touch soo much more expensi've than the Xtra?
    4. Why are people still buying ipods when creative is >>> the ipod in almost every way? Show me an ipod with 20 gigs that can hold 0,000 songs, FM radio, voice recorder, and with a 24 hour battery life.
    5. why is Cnet.com sooo biased towards the ipod?
    6. WHERE is the zen sleek available? I checked amazon.com - not there.
    7. what's the difference between the muvo micro n200 and the zen nano plus that I've seen in walmart? features are the same.
    8. Why doesn't creative include some REAL headphones with their mp3 players instead of those pieces of feces that they come with now? After spending 300 for a 40 gig zen touch, I deserve some decent headphones!
    dang, didn't realize I had soo many questions.

Okay, let me give this a try:
    . Simple - the Micro is smaller. For many folks, convenience and portability are more important than capacity. Try fitting an Xtra in your front pocket.
    2. Again, it's a size issue. The Touch uses a single-platter .8 inch dri've. In any player the bulk of the space is taken up by the dri've and the battery. bigger dri've=bigger player. The Touch was designed to compete with the itty-bitty Ipod.
    3. The Touch is a newer model that incorporates the whole "touch" interface. Newer things are almost always more expensi've.
    8. No company provides decent headphones with their player. Have you ever heard Apple's headphones? Part of this is cost, and part of it is that for many people, especially audiophiles, headphone choice is very personal. It is akin to why most bikes don't come with pedals.
    There you go Bitch!Message Edited by cameron on 08-02-2005 07:35 AM

• Questions for the time when a mail is sent and arrives

Hi, all
    I have a few questions for OCS but I can't find any informaiton for them.
    My customer asked me how to know the time when a mail is sent to and arrives a destination mailbox from the OCS database. My Questions are...
    1)
    There are two columns - 'INTERNAL_DATE' and 'RFC822_DATE' - in 'ES_HEADER' table that seem related to sending date. What is the difference between them?
    2)
    Can I know the time when a mail arrives the recipient's mailbox (or mail server) from the OCS database?
    3)
    What does the column 'RECEIVED_DATE' in ES_ENVELOPE table mean?
    I would appreciate if anyone lets me know links or websites where I can get informatin.
    (or if give answers to me directly, I would appreciate so much!)
    Thanks in advance.

First to permanently delete every trace of Babylon try here '''cor-el''' reply:
    https://support.mozilla.com/en-US/questions/782060
    second to set google as home page see here:
    [http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/How%20to%20set%20the%20home%20page How to set the home page]
    * try to update firefox because you are in beta version 4.0b10 and it is unsupported and beta(trail unstable version)
    thank you
    Please mark "Solved" the answer that really solve the problem, to help others with a similar problem.

• Questions for Winamp Users on organizing files..

I have a few questions for those who use Winamp to manage their music files on their player. And this may relate to WMP and CMS users too.
    . Does anyone know what the "Auto Fill" feature does and it's purpose? I tried it a few times and it deletes and adds certain files that I don't know of, even when i have my player sync'ed perfect to my Music Folder.
    2. I thought Syncing means that it will match everthing exact to the player and computer....yet when i use the WinAmp Feature I get duplicate files. Now I have noticed that I have to clear out my library on Winamp and rescan the main folder where i have all my music on the external HD so it won't get confused with the copies I have on my PC. Yet Syncing won't tell the difference. However the CMS sync function I definately like but I don't want to jump to different software to do certain things.
    Other than that I like using Winamp just like I loved CMS pre 2. Firmware upgrade.
    What are everyone else's opinions?
    REACT TO ME!!!!!!!

Well, I don't really know the answers to your questions, as I sync all my music manually via Winamp. I do have a question of my own on the topic though, if you don't terribly mind ... ^_^
    I know in WMP, when you set the property "Band/orchestra/accompaniment" WMP would find that if it was present in a media file and instead of using the artist's name to create the folder structure (e.g. device\Artist\Album\file), it would place it in device\Accompaniment\Album\file. Does this work in Winamp, and furthermore, is there a way to rearrange the folder structure of the player, or at least move songs around by adding this tag to songs already on the player?
    Thanks...Message Edited by lt3-Hitomi on 04-06-2006 2:40 AM

• Questions for I/O interface experts

I have few questions for I/O interface experts:
    I have a Power Mac G5 2.3 Ghz 8GB of RAM, PCI-X slots, and am running Final Cut Studio FC version 6. I currenly have an HD project on my timeline (uploaded directly form a P2 card via 400FW), and I'd like to be able to output on a HD VTR deck as wellas a BetacamSP deck:
    1) which AjA Kona cards (3, LHe, LH) is right for me?
    2) did you personally experience, or are you aware of any issues with this Kona card and Final Cut version 6? Any tips before I purchase?
    3) will this card allow me to output uncompressed HD, that is, the same quality I uploaded?
    4) in which of the slots on my back tower does it go? 64bit 100MHz or 64bit 133MHz?
    Cheers,
    Rinaldo

I think FireWire is probably the best route.
    The main difference between the two seem to be that the 1814 has more inputs and the ADAT interface, the 410 has more outputs.
    So are you planning on recording, then go for the 1814.
    If you envision that 2 mics and 2 inputs is enough for your recording needs and you eventually want to mix surround you'd need the 410 as it is the one with enough outputs.
    If you want specific advice about interfaces I suggest you ask in the Logic forums as those users would be most experienced with this aspect of an audio system.

• Considering ipod touch over ipod classic, a few questions

Hello, I was hoping some of the current users of the iPod touch 2nd generation cna answer a few questions for me concerning the ipod touch, particularly those with an ipod classic as well.
    I have had a 160 GB iPod classic for about a year. I had to take it back to be replaced twice because of harddrive failures. After I got the last new one I was fed up and decided to sell it on ebay. I have heard there were issues with the 80 and 160 GBs and the 120 is much better. There is a software upgrade that includes using the genious feature on your ipod for the 120's that was never available for the 160's. And since they discontinued the 160's, I'm assuming there was definately something wrong with that and Apple is too proud to admit to it, so they just roll with the 120's. So with that in mind I figured I'd sell my current 160 since the worst I could do is get the better model of the classic?
    So then I started thinking, what about an iPod touch? Here are my concerns with goign with a touch over a classic...
    The WiFi would be a huge benefit. I travel a lot and often don't feel like bringing my laptop with me. So when browsing the internet, I was wondering how it worked with Hotmail? With facebook? I know youtube works, but how does it work with other sites that are heavy with Adobe FlashPlayer, like Hulu.com? Or watch news clips from CNN or other things like that.
    I use my ipod a lot in my car, and I don't think the touch screen would be very good for this to switch songs, anybody have any experience with this?
    The flash drive is very appealing to me since I had 2 classics harddrive fail, but the small size is a concern, anybody have any opinions?
    Can the touch be used in disk mode? Does it store full resolution files of photos?
    I'm not big into games, but if I had a touch I know I would start.
    Will I just get spoiled and wish it was an iPhone or something with 3G connection to the net?
    Thanks for any help!

The 160GB Classic was essentially the 1st Generation Classic, it was replaced by the 2nd Generation 120GB Classic, which as you have pointed out has the Genius feature etc. With the exception of the most recent Shuffle, Apple always discontinues production of the previous generation, and it has nothing to do with Apple admitting to anything. I too had to go through 2 160s before the 3rd one worked correctly, it happens. Did the Classic you sold on eBay work correctly.
    Thanks to changes by Microsoft you can now use the mail app on the Touch with a hotmail account.
    There is a Facebook app in the iTunes App Store, I don't use it so I can't vouch for it but you can go to the Apps Store and read the reviews.
    There is no Flash plugin available for the Touch and it is probably going to be 2010 before one is available so no you won't be able to use Hulu.com, etc.
    It will be harder to switch songs on the Touch in your car unless you install an iPod connection kit (if your radio supports it, the will allow you to control the Touch from your radio/steering wheel/whatever.
    If you have a large iTunes library and want it always with you then you need to lean towards the Classic. If you can live with swapping things around you can go with the Touch. A big advantage to the Touch is the plethora of applications that are available on the iTunes Store, many of them free.
    You cannot currently use the Touch in disk mode (don't know if version 3.0, coming this summer will add this) and it does not store full resolution files of photos.
    I had a first generation Touch which I purchased on the same day that I bought my 160GB Classic. I sold the Touch and moved to the iPhone, you get spoiled with 3G access.

• Few questions about the MacBook

Hi.
    I'm gonna buy a macbook within a few months, and I have a few questions for you all!
    Here are the questions:
    1. ) Is it worth $1,299 + Tax, USD?
    2. ) When will Apple release the next gen. of macbooks?
    3. ) How well does it play games?
    4. ) How heavy is it?
    5. ) How does the keyboard style feel compared to other laptops?
    6. ) How long does the battery normally last while using wirless?
    7. ) What is the Macbook lacking?
    8. ) Does it get as hot as a car, like its predisesor?
    9. ) Can you please send some pics of one next to some thing that we all have, like a quarter? (For comparison.)
    And finally, is there any thing I should know before buying?

Here are the questions:
    1. ) Is it worth $1,299 + Tax, USD?
    Yeah. You are going to NEED that 1 gig of ram that's for sure. Plus, you get a double layer DVD burner, 20 extra gigs of hard drive space and a tiny speed boost from the 1.83 GHz. All this is costing you about $200 extra. The Ram and DVD alone would cost that much if you got them after words.
    However, I got the cheap $1100 one because none of those features are really that important to me. I really couldn't tell the difference between 1.83 GHz and 2.0 GHz and I doubt anyone else could either. I don't need a DVD burner built in because I have access to an external one. Maybe latter I'll upgrade to a larger HD (something like 300 GB though!). So, the only thing that really was lacking on my MacBook when I bought it was the the RAM. So, I spent about $140 for a 1 Gig stick and I feel a lot better now.
    2. ) When will Apple release the next gen. of
    macbooks?
    They already did. The Core2 Duo will most likely stick it out for a while. I could see them upping the MHz every now and then(this will happen more frequently with the Intel chips eg. quad core MacBook Pro or a 2.5 GHz MacBook ) but I wouldn't expect them to upgrade to a new hardware platform for the next few years. Not to mention that the MacBook is essentially a new product at the beginning of it's life-cycle. I could be wrong but I believe that this is it for a while.
    3. ) How well does it play games?
    Actually, I was surprised to find that it does pretty good. Since the video card shares memory with the system, Performance is very memory dependent. If you plan on playing a lot of games, go ahead and upgrade to the full 2 Gigs of RAM. I play Halo now and then without much of a problem.
    4. ) How heavy is it?
    Not at all. It's very thin and light weight.
    5. ) How does the keyboard style feel compared to
    other laptops?
    Well, different to be sure. But not in a bad way at all. In fact, I tend to have less typos then before because my fingers can fell the edges of the keys now. I actually like it a lot to tell you the truth.
    6. ) How long does the battery normally last while
    using wirless?
    About 3.5 - 4 hours give or take 30 minutes or so. I tend to close the lid a lot during the day when I'm not directly using it so that saves a huge amount of power. Seriously though, I was blown away by how long the battery lasts on this thing when I got it. My previous laptop (Sony Vaio), I could maybe get about 1.5 hours out it without being plugged in. No, this thing rocks as far as that's concerned.
    7. ) What is the Macbook lacking?
    Metal case, back lit keys, PC card slot, FireWire 800 and... well, if those things matter to you then you better get a MacBook Pro. Although is battery life is important then the MacBook will beat the pants of the Pro.
    8. ) Does it get as hot as a car, like its
    predisesor?
    By Predecessor do you mean the iBook? or the first gen/hot off the assembly line MacBooks? Either way, they do get hot. You can use one of the many fan control software to cool it down but most of us have just gotten used to it.
    9. ) Can you please send some pics of one next to
    some thing that we all have, like a quarter? (For
    comparison.)
    Sorry, I don't have one at the moment. It's definetly larger then an iBook but smaller then a MacBook Pro if that helps. I would suggest making a trip to your nearest Apple store.
    And finally, is there any thing I should know before
    buying?
    Universal Binary! That will become a very important word for you. Although the list grows day by day, the lack of Adobe products is like a stain on the MacBook/Pro. There is an entire industry that uses nothing but Adobe products. For them, Intel Mac's are not an option at this point in time.

• A few questions before I buy a new iMac/Mac mini and sign up for Creative Cloud.

Hello Everyone,
    I am looking to purchase a new Apple computer and sign up for Creative Cloud within the next week and I have a few questions that should be answered before I proceed.
    My wife and I own a business and we will be using the CS6 apps to create brochures, Constant Contact mailings, product package inserts, edit product photography for print and web use, and short HD how-to videos. We are not graphics professionals or power users and wont be doing anything too complicated.
    Any help and answers will be greatly appreciated.
    I will start with the hardware questions first:
    I am trying to decide between the iMac and the Mac mini.
    The iMac is a 2.7Ghz Quad-core Intel core i5 and comes with 4GB of memory that is expandable to 16GB, which I will do for sure. It comes with a Radeon HD 6770M graphics card with 512MB of GDDR5 memory(not upgradable), and a 1TB HDD that runs at 7200RPM. This unit meets the specs required.
    The 2.5Ghz Mac Mini comes with 4GB of memory that is expandable to 8GB, I will also do this. It has a Radeon HD 6630M graphics card with 256MB of GDDR5 memory(not upgradable), and a 500GB HDD that runs at 5400RPM. This unit meets all the spec(I think) except for the speed of the HDD.
    Question: Will the mini run the software without too much of an issue considering the speed of the HDD?
    Question: Will the iMac run the software significantly better to justify the price difference?
    I already have 1 mini(purchased 4 months ago, with the same specs listed above) and will be purchasing a second computer for my wifes desk. If the mini will run CS6 fine, that is great and we can save a few bucks. If my mini will not run CS6 well, I will get the iMac for her desk as she will be doing the bulk of the work in that regard anyway.
    Now a couple of software questions.
    After reading hundreds of reviews and forum posts over the last few days I have seen many people having this or that issue. It seems to me that most of the issues are because of upgrades from Lion to Mountian Lion after installing CS6 first or trying to open CS3,4,5 files in CS6.
    If you want to know what issues have me concerned take a look at just this one forum:
    http://blogs.adobe.com/jnack/2012/07/adobe-cs-apps-mountain-lion-no-known-issues.html
    Similar issues are discussed in the Apple forums as well as many other places around the web.
    I am not a computer professional but I know enough to maintain my systems and keep them running smoothly.
    We do not have any Adobe software installed on my mini and will not be opening any files from previous versions of Adobe product in the new CS6 software. These will be a clean installs on pristine systems running fully updated Mountian Lion OS's on both machines and creating new files from scratch.
    Question: Should I be expecting any issues like the ones I have read in the forums and blogs or are these just the normal things that happen when upgrading to new software with multiple hardware configurations?
    My feeling is that we will not be having too much of a problem due to the clean installs and no files from previous versions.
    Next up, the Creative Cloud(CC) FAQ states that you can install on 2 machines but can't open stuff at the same time.
    Question: Does this mean we can't be using any CS6 apps at the same time or just not using the same app at the same time?
    Example: PS and PS on both machines at same time = No, PS on one and Dreamweaver on the other at the same time=Yes?
    The CC FAQ page says Adobe will add Lightroom 4 later in 2012 while the main CC page lists it as available now.
    Question: Which is true?
    My mini is registered to me, with my name, iTunes account, Apple ID etc.
    Question: Do I need to do the initial set-up of the new machine with all my information to ensure the CS6 suite works on both machines? Do the computers need to be registered(as far as Apple configuration is concerned) to same person for them to work on one CC account or can I install CS6 on any 2 machines regardless of how they were initially set-up?
    This may seem like a silly question but I want to avoid any problems before they happen.
    Well, those are all of my questions at the moment. To anyone who made it this far in my looooong post, Thank You so much for your time. I appreciate your expertise and knowledge and hope that you can help me make this decision.
    Cheers,
    Alex Bogdan

Alex,
    I'll try and answer your questions as best I can.
    Qn 1 Which Mac.
    Ans:- As I understand it both units will run Adobe CS6.
              Which one really depends on what you wand from CS6. If you are looking for high end demand and performance, then I would go for the IMac
              Your Specs for the Imac are right. However if you buy your IMac straight from Apple there are even higher specs.
              You can get:-
                                  3.4 GHz i7 processor rather than the i5
                                   2GB video card as opposed to a 1Gb video card.
                                   Of course such a model will cost you more.
              In the end it is needs compared with money to spend. That is only a decision you cam make.
    Q2:- Will the higher cost for the Imac justify copst.
    Ans:- Again it depends on what demands you intend to make on the hardware and software.
              But I note you have a business and if that businees expects to high demand and high speedy performance then I suspect the Imac would be more able to provide your needs.
              Again only you will know the answer to that.
    Q3:- Questions about CS6 reliability
    Ans:- I have been with Adobe for way over 10 years.
             Speaking, only for myself, it is the most reliable software on the market.
              It is true that if you look down this form, like any other and I am thinking about the Apple discussions forum, you will find numerous instances of problems.
              Again this is only my opinion, but although all these problems are real for the individuals:-
              First it is not clear why they have the problem e.g. what have they done or not done.
              Second, they are in the minority of the total users using the hardware / software.
              The only problem I am aware of with CS6 is Acrobat X. I understand it has been sorted Adobe, however it cost me so much work I have removed it from my system and reverted to Acrobat 9
              So what I am saying is that there are only two comapnies I rely 100% on: They are Adobe and Apple.
             So if you are happy with my opinion I would not worry about Adobe CS6
    Qn 4:- CS6 0n 2 machines.
    Ans:- Yes you will not be able to run the same program similtaneosly.
               I believe, if it is important that you do run the same program together, that you can acquire a further licience from Adobe to do that.
               You would need to contact Adobe about that.
    Qn 5:- Lightroom 4
    Ans:- Lightroom is now available as part of Creative Cloud.
    Qn 6:- Set up for individual machines
    Ans:- I do not believe you do. Once you have set up your Creative Cloud account you go to the apps site and download the apps for each machine.
              Each machine downloads the apps and your machine and the apps are registered by Adobe.
             Here is something that you may want to know:-
              Because I was so unhappy loosing all the Acrobat data with Acrobat X I ended up deleting Acrobat X
              However as far as Creative Cloud is concered Acrobat X is still on my machine.
              It is not a problem for me because I am happy with Acrobat 9, it fullfils my needs and has not crashed and lost me all my bookmarks.
              However here is the point:-
              Adobe, when there was a problem with Acrobat X requested that no-one deletes the application.
             Though I do not know for certain I believe registration of the apps you have with Creative Cloud are registered with Creative Cloud in their database. Therefore were you to delete an app, it will still be registered with Creative Cloud and you will not be able to download a further copy even though the app is no longer on your    machine.
              Therefore it maybe not a good idea to delete an app when you no longer have a use for it. If you want it back I suspect you will have to contact Adobe Support
    Personal Comment:-
              It is true many unfortunately have had all sorts of problems, including me with Acrobat X.
              That said, Creative Cloud in my view has been a major advance in how Adobe delivers software. I have no regrets with signing up to Creative Cloud and I expect to remain with it.
    Hope all of that goes some way to answering your questions.

• Few questions about buying an iPhone in the US for European use

We're currently in NY and are considering buying an iPhone because it's way cheaper here than in Belgium.
    Still we have a few questions, hope we can get some answers
    - You should unlock your iPhone, should we ask for that right away in the Apple store ?
    - Doest unlocking cost any money, if yes, how much ?
    - What happens to your warranty, can you go to a Belgian Apple store if something happens to your iPhone ?
    - Can customs make any problems if you get one or more iPhones unboxed in your baggage ?
    Anyone who has done this and wants to share their experience, any other things we have to know ?
    Thanks in advance!

Warranty will be valid only in the US. You will have to return the iPhone
    personally or via friend/relative. Apple will not accept international
    shipments for evaluation nor will Apple ship out of the country after
    repair/replacement. You cannot have your US purchased iPhone serviced
    or replaced in the US.
    LTE/4G on an iPhone purchased in the US will not work outside of North America.
    Tax, import duty, customs fees are best discussed with the appropriate governmental
    entities in Belgium.
    Be sure to ask in the Apple store for an unlocked iPhone - you will pay full retail price
    plus applicable taxes. There is no charge to get the iPhone unlocked.

• Adobe to ditch flash for mobile devices! A few questions

Just read the news. Have a few questions
    1. Is AIR still going to be used for cross platform deployment as that is what I am using now ie: will it be used to deploy html5 apps/programmes?
    2. What tool/IDE will adobe be using for html5 - flash? flex?
    3. All of our multimedia swfs etc... - can they be exported/used in an html5 environment
    4. html5 coding - is it similar to actionscript 3 ie: do we have to start all over again - back to school?
    5. Games coded with actionscript 3. Can these games be exported to html5 or must they be rewritten?
    Flash stays for pc it looks like.
    So it is no longer multiplatform - we will have to code for flash on pc and html5 for mobile devices - is that right or will there be some kind of packager that will export our flash to html5
    Just a few questions

I don't work for Adobe so my understanding may not be 100% accurate but here we go...
    1. Is AIR still going to be used for cross platform deployment as that is what I am using now ie: will it be used to deploy html5 apps/programmes?
    Adobe will be concentrating on developing AIR for packaging  apps for mobile devices. AIR is ActionScript based and it does not produce HTML5 apps.
    2. What tool/IDE will adobe be using for html5 - flash? flex?
    HTML5 itself is just a flavour of HTML and therefore Dreamweaver is the Adobe tool for it For Javascript based timeline animation etc, Adobe has Edge http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/edge/
    3. All of our multimedia swfs etc... - can they be exported/used in an html5 environment
    Adobe has Wallaby http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/wallaby/ for this - I'm not sure how active the development is lately though. In any case it's impossible to replicate all features of Flash in HTML5.
    4. html5 coding - is it similar to actionscript 3 ie: do we have to start all over again - back to school?
    Again HTML5 itself is just a simple set of HTML tags. JavaScript is very similar to ActionScript, as AS is based on JavaScript (ECMAScript). For example HTML5 Canvas drawing API is very similar to AS3 drawing API. Therefore if you know AS, at least you know the basics of JS syntax.
    5. Games coded with actionscript 3. Can these games be exported to html5 or must they be rewritten?
    If you want it to run on browsers, yes. If you want to convert into apps then AIR does that.
    Kenneth Kawamoto
    http://www.materiaprima.co.uk/

• A few questions on making animated buttons for a website Nav

Hello, I have a few questions on creating some animated buttons for a nav.
    There are 2 actions I want to trigger on moue over.
    If I want to use a static (PNG) image that I created in Photoshop for the actual button, can I use that? I want to smoothly slide button down on mouse-over and slide back up on mouse off. If I push part of the button off the "canvas" (sorry, this is coming from a Photoshop guy) will it disappear in the final animation? Another way to put that is, if I put an animated element off the white area, will it no longer show up in the movie (.swf) when it's published?
    For the second part; you can see a bit of what I want to do if you look at this website's top Nav: http://www.photoshopsupport.com/index.html
    I need the "light" above the button and it's going to be on another colored <div> so I can't set one solid BG color for my flash document. But I want to achieve the effect of the "bar" lighting up above the button and the actual button sliding down upon moue over.
    Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Hi,
    Regarding this button problem mentionned by kglad, it is easily overcome with a little trick.
    I call this the undesired "jumpy button". Your button starts to hesitate down-back-down-back quickly, like it's a bug, and then it settles.
    What you could do is create a simple sprite or movieclip containing only a simple shape, whatever the color, put it on top of your button's graphic, change this sprite/movieclip's alpha to 0, then add your mouse events on this invisible "target" instead of your graphic. So, when you mouse over, you have the graphic move, not the invisible "target".
    Sometimes, for this invisible target, you will be using a movieclip, not a sprite, so you can easily add your own properties on it.
    Example:
    var graphicBtn:Sprite; // your png
    var targetBtn:MovieClip; // your invisible target, created with code or not
    targetBtn.graphics.beginFill(0x000000);
    targetBtn.graphics.drawRect(0, 0, graphicBtn.width, graphicBtn.height);
    targetBtn.alpha = 0;
    targetBtn.mygraphic = graphicBtn;
    targetBtn.addEventListener(MouseEvent.MOUSE_OVER, onOver);
    targetBtn.addEventListener(MouseEvent.MOUSE_OUT, onOut);
    addChild(graphicBtn);
    addChild(targetBtn);
    function onOver(event:MouseEvent):void
         TweenLite.to(event.target.mygraphic, 0.25, {y:40, ease:Back.easeOut});
    function onOut(event:MouseEvent):void
         TweenLite.to(event.target.mygraphic, 0.25, {y:0, ease:Cubic.easeOut});
    So you see, you can have only one function (well, 1 for over, 1 for out) used for all your buttons. You can add as many properties you need on your movieclip to make that one-function flexible.
    Here I used GreenSock's tweening engine, but use the one you prefer (Here, I am moving the graphicBtn in y for 0.25 second).
    Design Cyboïde
    Création de sites web

Maybe you are looking for

• HOW CAN I DELETE AN ICON FROM MY HOME SCREEN?

Hello, I added a page to my home screen. I can not remove it. If you can help, I will appreciate it. Many thanks, Arzu

• Okay, I'll say it: The MacBook is too darn hot.

While I dearly love this new MacBook (price, build quality, speed, video-out, etc.), it does have one problem: It's too darn hot! I've read the specs about when the fans are supposed to come on and, frankly, it makes the unit so hot that you simply c

• How to use ordimageSignature in JDeveloper 9.0.3

Can anyone help me the coding of how does the ordimageSignature work in JDeveloper 9.0.3 i am using ordimageSignature to compare two images in the database which using ordimage..... Please help and post the code if possible Thank a lot for helping.

• Upgrading the weblogic domain from 10.0 to 10.3

i am having my weblogic domain version 10.0 , i would like to upgrade my domain to 10.3. Is there any way i can upgrade to 10.3 without new installation using some patch or smartupdate tool.Or, do i definitely need a new installation. Can you please

• Buying a new T61

I believe I will be buying a new T61 for school in the fall, but I have a few questions first. First question is about the OS. Is there any reason that the only 64 bit OS they offer stock is business? I'd rather have home premium or (preferably) ulti