Any Suggestions for Large SSDs for T530??

I would like the main storage drive in my T530 to be a large SSD--bigger than 256G.   Will any SATA-600 or SATA-III SSD work out in the 480G or larger range?  Suggested models or brands please?  THANKS for your time.

Hey Broofdilbert,
I just wanted to add the Lenovo suggested SSDs and FRU's that are compatible.
45N8133 SSD-ASM7 128G 6G Micron
45N8155 SSD-ASM7 128G 6G Samsung
45N8161 SSD-ASM7 256G OPAL 6G Micron
45N8171 mSATA 32GB Samsung Cache
45N8295 SSD-ASM7 180GB 6Gb/s Intel
45N8357 SSD-ASM7 240GB FDE 6G Intel
Best Regards,
Hiro
Did you find a post Awesome? A response just Outstanding? Kudo them!
Did the post you read answer your question? Did someone help you figure out your problem? Hit Solution Provided and give that person a pat on the back for helping you out!

Similar Messages

• Suggestions sought for first SSD for HD swap on W510

I have never installed an SSD but need to on my W510 so I can get another year or two out of it. Have the i7820QM 1.73 GHz model with 24GB installed. I clone all the partitions with Shadow Protect which seems fast. I was planning to use a Crucial 1TB MX200 drive though I think the laptop maxes out at SATA II anyway--seems like a reliable drive though, best I can tell. Perhaps even a 2nd SSD in a caddy in the optical drive bay if that will work. I rather like the Lenovo utilities etc if it is not too much trouble to keep them, though it seems to complicate the restore with extra partitions. I have never tried the included Rescure and restore to back up/clone. If that preserves the current architecture, perhaps that is the way to go. I can't afford to make a hash of this so I thoght to check here first. Any comments appreciated.

Thank you so much for commenting. I have about 450GB on the current HDD and I read rescue and recovery is slow as molasses with that much data. My hope was even though slow if I use R&R to my USB3 back up external HDD and put he SSD where the internal HDD is now , I can have a perfect clone of what I have now except the HDD replaced with the SSD including the Lenovo partitions. Perhaps that is wishful thinking. ShadowProtect to clone is rather fast and I have never tried R&R. Restoring might take forever as I read the recovery environment is limited to USB2 speeds externally. I had planned to put in a second SSD later but need to consider your suggested procedure.

• Any suggestions on HTML templates for MAC?

I'm wanting to create a email page for blasting, and I've used Netscape7 for this,
    but it's not up to my desires. I've tried with iWeb/save to folder, and was told it doesnt' work well with PCs. Does anyone know of a template program or site that creates sophisitcated web pages on mac that I can create and load into an email that will work well on both MAC and PCs?
    Also any good sites on simple HTML snippets that can be loaded into iWeb for my sites?
    Thanks

I have used Sony 7506's forever, and I still love them. I think considering most of the world listens to the majority of their music on earbuds now, it's very legitimate discussion. There is a real validity to devoting some time to making sure things sound good in the cans these days. I think the days of the Maxell guy sitting in his chair in front of his expensive stereo system and getting his hair parted are long gone. Everyone is on the go these days and listens to their music on the run.
    When I was in high school..(back in the 70's...Yikes) all the guys worked part time so they could buy stereo components. You had the great big speakers, cassette deck, turntable, amp, receiver, graphic eq... that's how we listened back then. Bigger was better... it's the opposite now, new generation new approach.
    I hate to sound too pragmatic and break the mould of the traditional studio mixing on studio speakers and nearfields, but I think we are getting close to the day where the best way to mix will be setting up you mixing facility in the front seat of a car (as your main mix) and the cans acting as your nearfields. If it's something that is going to be played in clubs, do a special mix. You have to mix your music to sound good where people are going to listen to it.
    Of course I am somewhat joking, but you have to admit I have a point.

• Any suggestions regarding security software for my MacBook?

Just picked up a new MacBook Pro. What are the guidelines for security software (malware/spyware/anti-virus)? I have access to Norton Security Suite from Comcast. Would that be o.k. to load or would it cause problems?

The only "need" to have an anti-virus software is if you exhange emails with Windows users and do not want to be beaten up by them when forwarding a virus infected mail.
    There are two free solutions available (ClamAvX and Sophos) that work quite well without slowing down the Mac too much.
    Although I have one of these AV apps installed, I have never come across any mail virus on my Mac over the last decade.
    No other software needed, just the usual setup for every computer:
    disable auto-login
    enable the internal firewall if your router does not have one (or you do not have a router)
    activate the password lock for the screen saver
    use your brain while browsing the internet
    The last topic is most likely the most important one

• Firefox seems to freeze after a few moment when I switch whatever I have plugged into the audio jack. Any suggestions on a fix for this?

Whenever I pull out my speaker/headphones out of its jack to put in my speaker/headphones Monzilla freezes. Any idea on what it could be?
    It completely freezes, and does not unfreeze if I wait it out. I have to close it with task manager which then tells me the program is not responsive. I shut it down, and Firefox does not act like it had a crash or anything of the sort.

Start Firefox in [[Safe Mode]] to check if one of the add-ons is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Tools > Add-ons > Themes).
    * Don't make any changes on the Safe mode start window.
    See:
    * [[Troubleshooting extensions and themes]]
    * [[Troubleshooting plugins]]
    If it does work in Safe-mode then disable all extensions and then try to find which is causing it by enabling one at a time until the problem reappears.
    * Use "Disable all add-ons" on the [[Safe Mode]] start window to disable all extensions.
    * Close and restart Firefox after each change via "File > Exit" (Mac: "Firefox > Quit"; Linux: "File > Quit")

• How to setup trim for 256GB SSD for Yosemite OS 10.10.1 on Mid 2010 MacBook Pro

What is the best way to setup effective TRIM for a newly installed SanDisk Ultra Plus 256 GB  (old version) drive on a mid 2010 MacBook Pro 6,2 with 8 GB RAM and running just installed Yosemite OSs 10.10.1?  The new operating system is not referenced by SanDisk.   Thank you.

Thank you and to others that responded,   I will take the advice to not enable trim at this time,but will visit the issue at a much later date.   Maybe Apple will find a way to securely allow us to TRIM 3rd party SSDs.   Iwill look at an annual manual TRIM in a year or so, if that is a good solution. Does this approach sound reasonable?   This is my first ever post to this problem solving group.  Thanks again also to ALL previous contributors.
    Roger

• Which format on a flash drive for large files for use by Mac and PC

I need to copy large files (9GB of movie file exported from iMovie of school graduation) onto 16GB flash drives so they can be used by school parents who may have Mac, PC or even TV.
    My first attempt says the files are too large.
    A lot of googling tells me this is a recognised problem but I am confursed by which advice to take.
    I am on a 2012 iMac running OSX version 10.7.4.
    Do I need to download some software to run NTFS.  It all sounds so confusing!
    I ended up in this predicament because the quality of my photo slideshows I copied to my DVD-R was so bad.  Thought a flash drive would be easy. Ha, not at all.
    Please answer in laymans terms - I could barely follow some of the advice I found.....

Format the flash drives with Disk Utility in ExFAT format.

• For unknown reasons iTunes will no longer open.  I have an HP laptop running windows 7 with Kaspersky protection.  It worked fine before but now won't open.  I tried downloading the most recent up-date and it will still not open.  Any suggestions?

For unknown reasons iTunes will no longer open.  I have an HP laptop running windows 7 with Kaspersky protection.  It worked fine before but now won't open.  I tried downloading the most recent up-date and it will still not open.  Any suggestions?

thrillhousecody
    Thanks for the reply with additional information.
    Recent history for Premiere Elements points to the program having problems when more than 1 video card/graphics card is
    being used by the computer on which Premiere Elements is running. This observation may seem contra indicated by the fact
    that you say that the program did work well about 2 years ago in the same setup. But other factors may have set in with regard
    to drivers, drivers versions, and driver conflicts. But this factor, does need to be ruled in or out.
    Can you disable one or the other card to determine the impact of this on your problem?
    But, of prime concern with regard to video card/graphics card is the use of a NVIDIA GeForce card with Premiere Elements 10.
    Even if your NVIDIA GeForce were the only card, Premiere Elements 10 will not work properly unless the NVIDIA GeForce driver
    version is rolled back to about May 2013. This may be one of the major factors here.
    a. Device Manager/Display Adapters and find out Driver Version and Driver Date
    b. Read the background information for the Premiere Elements 10/NVIDIA GeForce issue
    ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE10: NVIDIA Video Card Driver Roll Back
    Also see the Announcement at the top of this forum regarding the matter - also with full details of the situation and how to fix with the
    driver version roll back.
    Please review and consider and then we can decide what next.
    Thanks.
    ATR
    Add On...This NVIDIA GeForce situation is specific for Premiere Elements 10. You should not expect to see the problem for
    later versions of Premiere Elements.

• In FCP7 my share option suddenly quit working, and I can't submit in compressor either.  Any suggestions for a solution?

I have had FCP 7 installed on my Mac Pro since May 2011, It has worked flawlessly up until a couple weeks ago.  The "share" option has quit working on me.  Also, I am unable submit any jobs in compressor, the button is greyed out.  This has come entirely out of the blue and I'm stumped as to the best course of action.  Any suggestions?
    Thank you for your time.
    Justin

Thanks for the reply,  I actually used the digitalrebellion.com FCS Remover and reinstalled compressor and Qmaster and everything seems to be working properly again.
    Thanks again for your reply

• In itunes 10.6, when I click to burn a cd, it takes 10 minutes for the  "Burn Settings" screen that allows me to choose which cd burner to use to be displayed. I have tried setting the UpperFilters to "GEARAspiWDM" and LowerFilters to null. Any suggestion

In itunes 10.6, when I click to burn a cd, it takes 10 minutes for the  "Burn Settings" screen that allows me to choose which cd burner to use to be displayed. I have tried setting the UpperFilters to "GEARAspiWDM" and LowerFilters to null. Any suggestions?

Many thanks for the diagnostics.
    Failed while scanning for CD / DVD drives, error 2380.
    Error while opening iTunes CD driver.  This could be caused by a corrupted iTunes file or a conflict with other older CD burning applications, either currently installed or previously installed and uninstalled incorrectly.
    With that one, I'd start with solution 3 from the following document:
    iTunes for Windows: Optical drive is no longer recognized, or "Disc burner or software not found" alert after install

• Huge problems with network accounts. They keep disapear all the time, after restart they are back. But only for 1h or less. Anyone have any suggestions?

I`m using Open Directory, its been working fine for 2 months. But now all of a sudden this very annoying error keeps repeating itself.
    It started happen about a week ago,and after a reboot of the server it was working fine, until now. Now the accounts is gone after 1h or so uptime, and after restart all accounts is there, but soon to be disapeared again. Anyone have any suggestion what to look for? And why did it happen in the first place?
    For now theres only one user at the office so he uses my admin account (Local user on the server) to connect to shares etc. But in less then a week there will be much more people at the office, so i will need to sort this out ASAP. Appriciate any suggestions/help. thanks in advance.

Open Directory; Password Service Server Log:
    (A little shortend, nothing seems wrong there?)
    Jul 30 2013 09:51:18 456163us    Mac OS X Password Service version 387.2 (pid = 139) was started at: Tue Jul 30 09:51:18 2013
    Jul 30 2013 09:51:18 873014us    RunAppThread Created
    Jul 30 2013 09:51:18 873099us    RunAppThread Started
    Jul 30 2013 09:51:18 873122us    Initializing Server Globals ...
    Jul 30 2013 09:51:19 820305us    Initializing Networking ...
    Jul 30 2013 09:51:19 820361us    Initializing TCP ...
    Jul 30 2013 09:51:39 735055us    SASL is using realm "server.xxxx.no"
    Jul 30 2013 09:51:39 735100us    Starting Central Thread ...
    Jul 30 2013 09:51:39 735109us    Starting other server processes ...
    Jul 30 2013 09:51:39 735117us    StartCentralThreads: 1 threads to stop
    Jul 30 2013 09:51:39 735152us    Initializing TCP ...
    Jul 30 2013 09:51:39 735186us    Starting TCP/IP Listener on ethernet interface, port 106
    Jul 30 2013 09:51:39 735242us    Starting TCP/IP Listener on ethernet interface, port 3659
    Jul 30 2013 09:51:39 735265us    Starting TCP/IP Listener on interface lo0, port 106
    Jul 30 2013 09:51:39 735290us    Starting TCP/IP Listener on interface lo0, port 3659
    Jul 30 2013 09:51:39 735318us    StartCentralThreads: Created 4 TCP/IP Connection Listeners
    Jul 30 2013 09:51:39 735329us    Starting UNIX domain socket listener /var/run/passwordserver
    Jul 30 2013 09:51:39 736296us    Finished starting other server processes ...
    Jul 30 2013 09:51:39 736313us    -- Password Server successfully started --
    Jul 30 2013 09:51:39 736321us    -- Start time: 21 sec, 287 msec --
    Jul 30 2013 09:52:19 502436us    GETPOLICY: user {0x1eab69bc916811e28e60a8206623cd3d, server.xxx.no$}.
    Jul 30 2013 09:52:19 516404us    GETPOLICY: user {0x1eab69bc916811e28e60a8206623cd3d, server.xxx.no$}.
    Jul 30 2013 09:52:19 865774us    GETPOLICY: user {0x1eab69bc916811e28e60a8206623cd3d, server.xxxx.no$}.
    Jul 30 2013 09:52:19 870922us    GETPOLICY: user {0x1eab69bc916811e28e60a8206623cd3d, server.xxxx.no$}.
    Jul 30 2013 09:52:19 879988us    GETPOLICY: user {0x1eab69bc916811e28e60a8206623cd3d, server.xxxx.no$}.
    Jul 30 2013 09:52:19 892772us    GETPOLICY: user {0x1eab69bc916811e28e60a8206623cd3d, server.xxxo.no$}.
    Jul 30 2013 09:52:22 897368us    GETPOLICY: user {0xfc35f9dcb0b711e28baca820661e5a32, geir}.
    Jul 30 2013 09:52:22 904252us    GETPOLICY: user {0x9ae96942a73011e2aac5a8206623cd3d, christoffer}.
    Jul 30 2013 09:52:22 916530us    GETPOLICY: user {0x523107c8ae7911e28baca820661e5a32, anst}.
    Jul 30 2013 09:52:22 964934us    GETPOLICY: user {0x5841b68eb09611e28baca820661e5a32, fres}.
    Jul 30 2013 09:52:23 12619us    GETPOLICY: user {0x148c7f5c916811e28cd3a8206623cd3d, admin}.

• Everyone keeps talking about an upgrade from Leopard to Snow Leopard for $29 but I cannot find it anywhere-any suggestions?

Everyone keeps talking about an upgrade from Leopard to Snow Leopard for $29 but I cannot find it anywhere-any suggestions?

Good news for current buyers ... single user SL is down to $19, 5-user family-pack is down to $29 ... I would buy the 5-user license to avoid need ing to buy it again after Apple stops selling it.

• Any suggestions for Xilinx products to support audio input or touch screens?

Hi,
    My boss just told me that I will get some funding from our department for new equipment purchase. We want to spend the money on Xilinx FPGA and tool kit.
    We already have a ML605 evaluation board in our lab. Currently, we just make it  communicate with PC with UART cable, but we want to have better demonstrations in the future.
    (1) We want to use a microphone to record speech signals during real time and send the audio signals to FPGA;
    (2) We want to have a touch screen for users to write on, and the handwritten images will be send to the FPGA;
    (3) Any suggestions for fancier demonstration? Video detection or robots?
    For (1), maybe it is possible to just use ML605. But I heard something called "FMC card". So any suggestions on such products;
    For (2), what kind of boards or cards should we purchase?
    Also important,  we can also buy a new evaluation board with Virtex-7, if such boards already support (1) and (2).
    Any suggestions will be appreciated :-)

I would recommend you to please get in touch with Authorized distributors they will help you.
    http://www.xilinx.com/about/contact/authorized-distributors.html

• Best SSD for late 2008 Macbook?

Afternoon,
    I'm also looking for an SSD for my late 2008 aliminum Macbook. It's the 2ghz model : model number- A1278.
    Can anyone suggest one that's fast and reliable, but not too exspensive. I'm looking in the 250 GB range.
    THANK YOU VERY MUCH IN ADVANCE!
    BertieTBE 

OCZ Vertex 3! Bar none!.  For this model, only 2 SSD works reliably with the MCP79 problem that hosts the sata controller. OCZ did their best work to rectify this situation where it works flawlessly now. Crucial M4 SSDs also works well without any effort. Vertex is very fast and lower cost than most SSDs due to aggressive price pushing by OCZ.
    Here is the right method of doing upgrade.
    1) Use a desktop PC to update the firmware of the SSD before installing. Choose Mac version or latest version.
    Set the sata 2 setting and temperature fix using the CD software of OCZ. Best firmware update anyone has ever created!.
    2) Put SSD in USB enclosure and connect it to your Mac. Download SuperDuper software for Mac to clone your existing disk.
    3) Run SuperDuper to clone. 1 hours or less.
    4) Shutdown everything and swap the HDD with the SSD.
    5) On Bootup, then quickly Reset SMC, Left-Shift  Control Option (3 fingers on these) and Power button. Remove Magsafe power, remove the battery, Press POWER with all those things removed for 5 sec. Put battery back, Magsafe on and power up.
    6) On Powering up, quicky do NVRAM reset with OPTION COMMAND P R keys. Hold it until it chimes twice, then release. See it boot in 15 seconds and "One More thing ....."
    7) Last step, on boot up, Download TRIM Enabler 2.2 and run it. Check System profiler to see it is ON. Then enjoy. Remember to backup daily or weekly, SSDs can fail anytime without warning unlike HDD.
    Note: This process can save people days of agony if they simply rush into the install without understanding the process and will cause all sorts of strange problems.

• OWC 120GB Mercury Extreme Pro 6G SSD Solid State Drive Best SSD for a Mac?

ive read that OWC is the best for mac. Is this true. what is your recommendations for a SSD for an 08' Macbook

Yes. Your model has a SATA II bus that only supports up to 3 Gb/s drive interfaces. Thus, there is no point in spending more for a SATA III drive. If you expect you will soon want to move the SSD into a new model that does support the faster interface, then be sure the 6G model is downward compatible with the 3G bus. Most, but not all 6G SSDs are, so it's best to ask first.

Maybe you are looking for

• Is pre-fader metering in Logic Express possible?

The manual says: "Activation of Audio > Pre-Fader Metering ensures that the level displayed by the level meters is measured pre fader..." But I don't have this option in Logic Express 7.2.3 - is this just me, or is it a manual misprint for a feature

• IMovie-iDVD encoding error

Hi All, Same story/different plot involving "there was an error during movie encoding". I made an iDVD from iMovie clips and extra .mp3 music clips. This DVD got burned and worked first time around. Then the DVD got a scratch and won't play from a ce

• Error Code 0x80072efd - Unable to resolve

I'm on an HP Stream 7 tablet running Windows 8.1 full. The problem is whenever I try to run an app (that came preinstalled, like "Mail" or "Store") and "Switch this PC to microsoft account" for the first time, the error message "unable to connect to

• I have purchased songs on iTunes a while ago and now they do not appear on my drive when i try to locate them.

How can I get them back if they are on my iCloud, and why doe this happen?

• Iweb9 No Longer Publishing

In anticipation of the demise of mobileme, I migrated my website to machighway in April. It uploaded successfully and since then I have updated the site periodically without any issues. Yesterday when I tried to update the site I got an error message