Backup of all OS + application on T2000

Hi
Recently we have in the network T2000 Netra series, we wouldlike to create backup of the partitions and OS (may be weekely) instead of any external tape drive, would like to use the DVD+RW that we have.
Need process.

You're going to need a staging area of a reasonable size as writing directly to DVD is not going to be fast.
You should look at 'flarcreate(1m)' - this is used to create a flash archive that can be used as a source to a JET server for reloading onto a machine.
This is much quicker than a simple install of Operating Environment, Patching, App Install and data restore.
I use this in the lab so that I can quickly rebuild servers to a known point consistently.
If you must write directly to DVD, you could look at 'fssnap' which can be used to take a static snapshot of a filesystem so that a consistent filesystem image can be backed up.
Given the sizing of DVDs I'm guessing this is going to be a rather manual operation as 4GB doesn't get you very far nowadays ;-)
HTH,
--A.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   

Similar Messages

• Time machine backup, now all applications are gone and cant reinstall anything

My computer froze earlier today and I rebooted and I kept getting the grey loading circle.  Nothing seemed to work so I loaded in safe mode and reinstalled from an earlier version of a backup i had on time machine.  When the computer booted back up, all the applications on the computer were gone, replaced by little grey question marks.  I had no access to the internet and none of my other time machine backups seem to have applications either.
    I have tired command R to reinstall, and that doesnt work either.  I have a copy of 10.6.3 Snow Leopard on disc but that doesnt work either because when I try to launch it, i get a message saying the application needed to launch snow leopard is not available. 
    I am at a loss as to what to do.  I cant install any applications that i know of to let me install snow leopard so I am left with a brick.
    I was running Lion at the time, but i have no backup copy of that, and no way to put it on here.  I would like to do a clean install with snow leopard, any tips you could give me to help would be great.

What happens when you try to start holding Command and R keys?
    From what I see, it looks like you restored a Snow Leopard backup onto Lion, which damages OS X.
    Now, what I recommend you to do is to insert the Snow Leopard DVD you have and hold the C key while your computer is starting. Then, choose your language, go to Utilities menu (on the menu bar), choose the option to restore a backup and follow the steps.
    After restoring the backup, open  > Software Update, and install the latest version. Finally, upgrade to OS X Lion by downloading it from the Mac App Store

• Backup ALL Service Applications thru Backup-SPFarm

I am using the following command to backup ALL service applications:
    Backup-SPFarm -Directory <BackupFolder> -BackupMethod {Full | Differential} -Item "Farm\Shared Service Applications" [-Verbose]
    This is from an msdn article here ...
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee748601.aspx
    It is throwing an error for the "Farm\Shared Service Applications" saying that it is not found.  How do I figure out what I have to put in here to make this command work?
    Thanks. 

Based on the example mentioned in the msdn article you have typed in the same thing farm\shared service application
    That is an example. You need to specify your service application name -> for example it may be "ManagedMetadataServiceApplication"
    Try that and see how you go.
    Alpesh Nakar's Blog
    Alpesh
    Just SharePoint Just SharePoint Updates
    SharePoint Saturday India Online
    Nov 20 2010 Contributing Author
    SharePoint 2010 Unleashed
    MCTS: SharePoint 2010 Configuration
    MCITP: SharePoint 2010 Administrator

• Last back up: never . i am connected to a wifi network and phone also pluged in yet my icloud never backs up , i have also deleted previous backup for all applications(although there was never any successful backup)in"manage storage" still no headway

last back up: never . i am connected to a wifi network and phone also plugged in yet my icloud never backs up , i have also deleted previous backup for all applications(although there was never any successful backup) in " manage storage" still no headway

rucchyy wrote:
    my Internet is working fine . i also turned the iCloud drive off, could this be the reason I can't back up?
    No.
    Have you done:
    Restart / Reset
    http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201559

• I have a rather old iMac 20" (mid 2007) and I want to upgrade the Hard drive. How do I change it? How do I transfer all my applications? May I just copy the old hd into the new one? Thanks.

I have a rather old iMac 20" (mid 2007) and I want to upgrade the Hard drive. How do I change it? How do I transfer all my applications? May I just copy the old hd into the new one? Thanks.

There are many online tutorials on how to change out the HD on a mid 2007 iMac. One of the originals is from 2007 and is Upgrade your iMac 20" or iMac 24" aluminum (mid 2007) to 1TB Hard Drive and 4 GB RAM - DIY Guide. As far as migrating your system Apple helps out with that in Setup Assistant which automatically starts when you turn on a new Mac for the first time. After you have installed the new HD you will have to format the new HD to Mac OS Extended (Journaled) and then you will have to install OS X. The first time you turn it on Setup Assistant will start. Follow the directions and you will be fine. In order to restore your information you will need to backup what is on the current internal HD first. I'd recommend using Time Machine (Assuming you are using Leopard or later) AND also creating a bootable clone using either SuperDuper or Carbon Copy Cloner.
    Please complete your profile so at the very least we know what version of OS X your machine has installed.

• My iPhone was connected to my old laptop but that laptop is broken now i want to connect it to a new laptop but when i do that do i also lose all the application data?

Hello,
    just to explain quikly how my situation is I bought an IPhone and connected it to my regular computer, a few weeks after that i bought an macbook because my old computer was having problems with all kinds of things. recently my old computer "died" and now i cant add any music to my IPhone unless i connect it to my macbook but it's saying it will delete everything on the IPhone and use this library but does it also delete all the application data? for a quik example. Angry birds do you lose your progress on it?
    thank you for helping, Blackhounter

If you are saying that you didn't back up your old computer ever, especially when you knew it was failing, then you are out of luck; you cannot restore a backup that doesn't exist. However, you can probably save some of your content from the iPhone as follows:
    Connect your iPhone to your new computer, but do not sync
    Authorize iTunes on the new computer to your iTunes account
    Go to the iTunes File menu and choose "Transfer purchases"
    Click on the phone's name in iTunes and then click on the Info tab on the right
    Set up apps on your computer to sync contact, notes and calendar to
    Make sure there is at least one of each in the apps you have selected
    Sync
    You will still lose any non-iTunes music and videos, and any photos in the photo album (but you will not lose the camera roll).

• HT1977 I'm a iPhone 4s and new iPad 3 owner.  I'd like the apps and organization I've invested in the iphone to be exactly transfered to the ipad.  Is this possible?  Will all the applications and folders match exactly?  Thank you for your help

I'm a iPhone 4s and new iPad 3 owner.  I'd like the apps and organization time I've invested in the iphone to be exactly transfered to the ipad.  Is this possible?  Will all the applications and folders match exactly?  Thank you for your help

Restore the latest iPhone backup you made to the iPad.

• All apple application not work

Need help!  I saw following in the console:
    13/3/15 12:57:15.111 pm com.apple.xpc.launchd[1]: (com.apple.systemprofiler[2417]) Service exited with abnormal code: 1
    13/3/15 12:57:15.111 pm com.apple.xpc.launchd[1]: (com.apple.systemprofiler) Service only ran for 0 seconds. Pushing respawn out by 1 seconds.
    13/3/15 12:57:16.183 pm System Information[2418]: Unable to load nib file: SPApp, exiting
    13/3/15 12:57:16.187 pm com.apple.xpc.launchd[1]: (com.apple.systemprofiler[2418]) Service exited with abnormal code: 1
    13/3/15 12:57:16.187 pm com.apple.xpc.launchd[1]: (com.apple.systemprofiler) Service only ran for 0 seconds. Pushing respawn out by 1 seconds.
    13/3/15 12:57:17.248 pm System Information[2419]: Unable to load nib file: SPApp, exiting
    13/3/15 12:57:17.251 pm com.apple.xpc.launchd[1]: (com.apple.systemprofiler[2419]) Service exited with abnormal code: 1
    13/3/15 12:57:17.251 pm com.apple.xpc.launchd[1]: (com.apple.systemprofiler) Service only ran for 0 seconds. Pushing respawn out by 1 seconds.
    13/3/15 12:57:18.314 pm System Information[2420]: Unable to load nib file: SPApp, exiting
    13/3/15 12:57:18.316 pm com.apple.xpc.launchd[1]: (com.apple.systemprofiler[2420]) Service exited with abnormal code: 1
    13/3/15 12:57:18.316 pm com.apple.xpc.launchd[1]: (com.apple.systemprofiler) Service only ran for 0 seconds. Pushing respawn out by 1 seconds.
    13/3/15 12:57:19.375 pm System Information[2421]: Unable to load nib file: SPApp, exiting
    13/3/15 12:57:19.378 pm com.apple.xpc.launchd[1]: (com.apple.systemprofiler[2421]) Service exited with abnormal code: 1
    13/3/15 12:57:19.378 pm com.apple.xpc.launchd[1]: (com.apple.systemprofiler) Service only ran for 0 seconds. Pushing respawn out by 1 seconds.
    13/3/15 12:57:20.439 pm System Information[2422]: Unable to load nib file: SPApp, exiting
    13/3/15 12:57:20.441 pm com.apple.xpc.launchd[1]: (com.apple.systemprofiler[2422]) Service exited with abnormal code: 1
    13/3/15 12:57:20.441 pm com.apple.xpc.launchd[1]: (com.apple.systemprofiler) Service only ran for 0 seconds. Pushing respawn out by 1 seconds.
    Beside windows and others application, all apple application i.e keynote,pages, numbers, mail can't open!

Step 1   
    The first step in dealing with a startup failure is to secure the data. If you want to preserve the contents of the startup drive, and you don't already have at least one current backup, you must try to back up now, before you do anything else. It may or may not be possible. If you don't care about the data that has changed since the last backup, you can skip this step.
    There are several ways to back up a Mac that is unable to start. You need an external hard drive to hold the backup data.
    a. Start up from the Recovery partition, or from a local Time Machine backup volume (option key at startup.) When the OS X Utilities screen appears, launch Disk Utility and follow the instructions in this support article, under “Instructions for backing up to an external hard disk via Disk Utility.” The article refers to starting up from a DVD, but the procedure in Recovery mode is the same. You don't need a DVD if you're running OS X 10.7 or later. 
    b. If Step 1a fails because of disk errors, and no other Mac is available, then you may be able to salvage some of your files by copying them in the Finder. If you already have an external drive with OS X installed, start up from it. Otherwise, if you have Internet access, follow the instructions on this page to prepare the external drive and install OS X on it. You'll use the Recovery installer, rather than downloading it from the App Store.
    c. If you have access to a working Mac, and both it and the non-working Mac have FireWire or Thunderbolt ports, start the non-working Mac in target disk mode. Use the working Mac to copy the data to another drive. This technique won't work with USB, Ethernet, Wi-Fi, or Bluetooth.
    d. If the internal drive of the non-working Mac is user-replaceable, remove it and mount it in an external enclosure or drive dock. Use another Mac to copy the data.
    Step 2
    You might be able to start up in safe mode even though you can't start up normally. Otherwise, start up from an external drive, or else use the technique in Step 1b, 1c, or 1d to mount the internal drive and delete some files. According to Apple documentation, you need at least 9 GB of available space on the startup volume (as shown in the Finder Info window) for normal operation.

• I've deleted all my applications... how do I get them back?

Well, after an overnight red-eye, a long day then an early start I managed to do something weird to my Pearl. Basically all my applications have gone... when I press the applications button I get a blank screen, all the applications down the lefthand side (on Zen) are blank.
    I can see my mail if I press the camera hotkey and then do switch application (all my mail is still there), I can make calls by typing the name/number of who I need to call.
    It's just all my applications have disappeared!!!
    Anybody know how I restore my unit... i've tried hard reset, loading the latest software but it's getting me no where.
    Really appreciate any assistance possible.

I would first recommend another powered-on, battery pull reboot.
    When you do, if the homscreen does not return, go to Options > Themes, and try changing themes, and see if you get your applications icons back.
    You can also switch applications by simply pressing ALT + ESCAPE (the key right of the trackball).
    1. If any post helps you please click the below the post(s) that helped you.
    2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
    3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
    4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
    Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
    BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
    PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
    Knowledge Base Updates
    PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code

• 2012 r2 file backup causes all VMs to go in to "backing up"

I'm using windows server backup on server 20012 r2, just doing a file backup of the hyper v VMs.  When I do this, all of the child VMs go in to a "backing up" state for the entire backup.  I'm still able to connect to each VM but they
    run so slowly they're unusable.  I have it set to do incremental backups, but sometimes it will still take hours to back up, which causes the child VMs to be basically locked up for hours.  Is there any way to set it to only back up one VM at a time
    rather than lock them all up throughout the backup process?

Hi, thanks for getting back to me.  
    I can select each VM individually when doing the application backup (and they all show as being able to do an online backup) but I just back up the drive rather than the hyper-v vm.
    I guess I'm curious if all this is to be expected behavior when doing a drive backup that includes the VM vhd files.  Should all of them go in to a "backing up" state for the entire backup (and causing all VMs to run very poorly).  This seems the
    opposite of how it worked in 2k8 where I could schedule the backup for the drive that contained the VMs and still use each and every VM just fine during the backup.  
    Also I've noticed there's not really a way to stop the backups at all, I can try to stop the job but nothing ever happens, and i'm forced to do a hard reboot of the machine.  It's acting like it's stuck making the shadow copies until the backup completes.
    I've noticed this behavior on 2 different 2012 servers so this makes me think that this is expected behavior for doing a file backup on 2k8 VMs.  
    Hi David,
    Is this server configured with a CSV volume for storing these VHDs ? I have seen that backups of VMs on a CSV will put entire VMs in backing up status.
    Backing up status means that a snap shot is getting created while the backups are happening. A checkpoint is created of every virtual machine that is to be backed up.  Writes are temporarily redirected to the checkpoint which gives the backup requester
    a clean & crash consistent copy of the virtual machine’s VHD or VHDX files that are safe to read. The checkpoints are merged with the parent disk once the backup is finished.
    I will also test this on my lab.
    Cheers.
    Shaba
    Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence.
    InsideVirtualization.com

• Backup and restore one application in planning 9.3.1

i All,
    Could anybody help me in getting the Backup and restore ONE* Planning application (not all the applications) created in Hyperion Planning 9.3.1.
    Thanks in Advance.
    Regards,
    RT

Hi,
    Back up the planning relational schema/database
    Export Data from the planning essbase database (either through EAS/Maxl)
    Backup essbase objects (calc script, rules, report scripts), can be just copied to backup location
    Export Business Rules through EAS or Backup the whole EAS relational schema database/schema
    Restore
    Stop Planning.
    Restore planning relational schema/database
    Start Planning
    Run a refresh.
    Copy essbase objects back.
    Import Data
    Import Bus Rules.
    Cheers
    John
    http://john-goodwin.blogspot.com/

• HT4972 After I've updated IOS in my iphone, all the applications, musics are gone.  How do get everything back?  Thank you.

After I've updated IOS in my iphone, all the applications, musics are gone.  How do get everything back?  Thank you.

Plug it into iTunes, Control-click on the iPod in the left frame and select "Restore from backup." Should put it back like new.
    Basic troubleshooting steps  
    17" 2.2GHz i7 Quad-Core MacBook Pro  8G RAM  750G HD + OCZ Vertex 3 SSD Boot HD 
    Got problems with your Apple iDevice-like iPhone, iPad or iPod touch? Try Troubleshooting 101
     In Memory of Steve Jobs 

• Leopard to snow leopard without have to instal all my applications...

Hi everybody!
    I'm sorry if this question makes no sense,
    but the thing is that I want to upgrade to snow leopard, and i'm not shore if is possible to do it without need to install again all my applications after, It would be lots of time, and I'm not shore if I would even find all the drivers... I use lots of plug-ins that i don't want to loose!
    I Hope it's possible to upgrade without all the "rebuild" of my tools, but i'm not shore so please I will be tankful if anyone can help me!
    Greatings...

Don't forget to backup or clone your hard drive to an external drive before installing Snow Leopard.
    Arch

• Help!! Lost all my applications and can't find them

Help lost all my applications!! Click on an app and all I get is a question mark come up. All my data is their but my application folder is empty. Checked to see if I have maybe dragged it to another folder and can't find it also checked trash. Tried to install using DVD but says disc not recognised

You said; "Tried to install using DVD but says disc not recognised"
    Exactly what do you mean by that statement?
    When you say disc are you referring to the hard drive in your Mac or the DVD?
    If the DVD says it can't find the hard drive in your Mac then most likely your hard drive has died and must be replaced. I hope you have a backup.
    |___________________
    Allan

• HT4623 In my iphone currently there is ios 6.1.2 .. if i update it into 6.1.3 can i have to do repurchase or reinstall all the applications that are currently working on ios..?

In my iphone currently there is ios 6.1.2 .. if i update it into 6.1.3 can i have to do repurchase or reinstall all the applications that are currently working on ios..?

Perform the Update using iTunes on the computer you usually Sync and Backup to...
    See the Using iTunes Section Here...
    How to update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Maybe you are looking for