Battery and Plugged in Don't Mix = Shut Down (t400)

I have a Thinkpad T400 and it is a little over one yr old.  Nothing really fancy going on with it, so I am probably like an everyday user.  However, I do have a Sprint Modem Plugged into my thinkpad (plugs into a USB slot to provide me anywhere access to internet).
When I have the Sprint USB Card plugged in and have it connected to the internet the probelms arise...  if I have the battery installed and the thinkpad plugged in simulatenously, the machine shuts down soon after I get connected to the internet.  The screen goes dark and I do notice the harddrive light blinking.  However, no matter how long I wait, the screen never resurrects. 
However, if I take the battery out and go off of plugged in power and connect to internet using sprint card, the machine works well.  And, if I unplug the machine and run off of battery power the machin works well as well.   I do shut of my wireless card in the thinkpad when using the sprint card. 
At one point, I thought this was just the sprint card/ vista issue, but I have noticed that my machine, not as often, will do the same thing when not connected to the internet or connected to the internet via thinkpad wireless modem.  In some situtaions, when the screen goes blank, I notice the power cord light on the monitor is out even know the thinkpad is plugged on.
Any thoughts?  Sounds like a hardware issue?  Could it be overheating?
Just ran a CPUID hardware monitor program and got these results... (in CELSIUS)
*ACPI
THM0:   71    min 70 max 72
THM1:  66     min 63 max 66
*Intel Mobile Core 2 Duo
Core#0:  60     min 58 max 62
Core#1:  58     min 58  max 62
*Hitachi
Assembly:  35      min 35 max 35

Where can I do that... is that something I can do via the lenovo site?
I just remembered that I just have my harddrive replaced (was defective and under warranty)... and I don't recall this happening before. 
and just this afternoon, the computer died w/o the sprint usb internet device in place, yet I was at a panera bread accessing their wifi.  ...so it appears that the sprint usb and the thinkpad wireless modem thing are the impetuts here.
also  i checked my "update history" via control panel and it appears that on Oct 23, 2009, the following update failed, and windows says "Important"
Windows Vista Service Pack 2 (KB948465)
Installation date: ‎10/‎23/‎2009 7:22 PM
Installation status: Failed
Error details: Code 80070070
Update type: Important
Windows Vista Service Pack 2 is an update to Windows Vista that includes all of the updates that have been delivered since Service Pack 1, as well as support for new types of hardware and emerging hardware standards. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer. This update is provided to you and licensed under the Windows Vista License Terms.
More information:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/948465
Help and Support:
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/dd767387.aspx
And, on Oct 16, 2009... computer failed at getting the following update and windows says "importan"...
Update for Windows Vista (KB955430)
Installation date: ‎10/‎16/‎2009 8:42 PM
Installation status: Failed
Error details: Code 80246005
Update type: Important
Install this update to enable future updates to install successfully on all editions of Windows Vista. This update may be required before selected future updates can be installed. After you install this item, it cannot be removed. This update is provided to you and licensed under the Windows Vista License Terms.
More information:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/955430
Help and Support:
http://support.microsoft.com
you think this has any significance.  i'm gonna try to run these updates tonight and see whats up in the a,m.,
are you thinking a hardware problem?

Similar Messages

• I've the iphone 4s, and My battery show me 40% than the phone shut down,some of my friends the same, from when i'll update the system os.

I've the iphone 4s, and My battery show me 40% than the phone shut down,some of my friends the same, from when i'll update the system os.
    We've think that Apple do it for making the change of the phone!!  :O
    what will we have to do for making the downgrade of OS of the phone?
    tks Andrea

Basic troubleshooting from the User's Guide is reset, restart, restore (first from backup then as new).  Try each of these in order until the issue is resolved.
    Apple has never supported downgrading of the iOS.

• Safari preferences don't work and opens with tabs that were shut down

safari preferences don't work and opens with tabs that were shut down.  what to do?

Quit Safari.
      Hold the shift key down and relaunch Safari.
    Reset Safari.
    Launch Safari
    Click Safari in the menu bar.
    From the drop down select "Reset Safari".
    Uncheck the box beside "Remove stored name and passwords"
    Click "Reset".
    Empty Caches
    Safari > Preference > Advanced
    Checkmark the box for "Show Develop menu in menu bar".
    Develop menu will appear in the Safari menu bar.
    Click Develop and select "Empty Caches" from the dropdown.
    Turn off Extensions if any, and launch Safari.
    Safari > Preferences > Extensions
      Delete safari .plist file.
      Quit all applications.
      Option click the "Go" menu in the Finder menu bar.
      Select "Library" from the drop down.
      Library > Preferences >  com.apple.Safari.plist
      Right click it and select  "Move  to Trash".
      Restart.

• I just got my shipment and My Ipad mini is just shut down without reasons during upgrading. I'm doing restore it. Does it matter for the future use?

I just got my shipment and My Ipad mini is just shut down without any reason during upgrading. I'm doing restore it. Does it matter for the future use?
    ACtually I really really don't want to use it anymore. I'm so disappointed.

PolishAngel756 wrote:
    Some friends have told me that their phone can last up to 2 days without charging??
    If they are getting 2 days without charging, it's unlikely they use their device very much.
    A full day is pretty good....and if I'm careful, I can easily get a full day of usage.
    For me, normal is charging the iPhone mid afternoon at work, but I use it a lot.
    My typical usage is 35 mins of listening to podcasts, checking email, checking my RSS feed, and checking a few apps while I ride my bike when I first get up.  Then listening to several podcasts at work.
    I typically stream music while working out during my lunch hour and use the Men's Health Fitness app to track my progress.
    By about 2pm I'm ready to charge the device as it's getting low (somewhere between 20% and 50%).
    I leave bluetooth, Wi-FI, and location services turned on all the time.
    Personally, I just do not see the point in going into settings to turn on the feature when I need it... just too much hassle.  All of my listening to podcasts and music is via Bluetooth.
    I know I'm not the heaviest user, but I just do not see how anyone can realistically make it two days on a single charge, it makes me think they simply do not use the features of the device and would be just as well served with a basic or feature phone.

• I am trying to use macro express and adobe acrobat 9 profession keeps shutting down, why is this happening?  I tried to run as administrator already as well on both Macro Express and in Adobe and it still keeps shutting down.

I am trying to use macro express and adobe acrobat 9 profession keeps shutting down, why is this happening?  I tried to run as administrator already as well on both Macro Express and in Adobe and it still keeps shutting down.

same problem, it's been happening to me for a week or two now i'm thinking about backing up my documents and just wiping it completely, see if that works. Has anyone else tried this? I'm loosing time and have already lost a good few hours of work as it just crashes randomly. need help!!!
    - saving these threads on my favourites cause i'm about to crash . . .

• I'm installing java 8 but in the middle I skip the installation because it took so long and now I can't even shut down or cancel the installation.. Please help!

I'm installing java 8 in my macbook pro but in the middle I skip the installation because it took so long and now I can't even shut down or cancel the installation.. Please help!

Hello christine valentina,
    Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.
    If the failed installation of Java is preventing your computer from shutting down normally, then I'd like you to please first try to force quit the unresponsive installer.
    OS X: How to quit an unresponsive application using Force Quit - Apple Support
    Cheers,
    Alex H.

• Having trouble with Yahoo email.  Will read a few emails and then the infamous spinning colored wheel appears and takes forever.  Have to shut down and go through the whole cycle again.  Please help.

Sorry first post in this forum.   I can log on to Yahoo email, read a few emails and then the infamous multi-colored spinning wheel appears and I end up having to shut down and cycle back in again.  I have a 2011 MacBookPro 17 not quite a year and it just started acting up this way.  Any suggestions.  Thanx.

here are some ways to troubleshoot the spinning beach ball: http://www.macworld.com/article/151583/2010/05/spinningbeachballofdeath.html  Hope you find this useful.

• Each time i try syncing my ipod with itunes, it freezes itunes and i end up having to shut down my computer.  This happened after the latest download, any suggestions?

each time i try syncing my ipod with itunes, it freezes itunes and i end up having to shut down my computer.  This started happening after the latest download and my latest purchase.  The latest purchase doesn't show up on my iPod and itunes freezes at synching step 2 on 2.  Any suggestions?

You should Reset your iPod, by
    1. Press Menu and Center button simultaneously for about 10 Secs till the Apple Logo comes ON.
    2. Disconnect the sync cable.
    3. Check the iPod Welcome screen, select language, go to menu (if you are lucky, your music are still on the iPod.)
    if your iPod doesn't show the Welcome screen, bring it to Apple Store.
    If the above is okay, (can see Menu but no Music)
    4. Close iTunes and Reboot your PC.
    5. Start iTunes
    6. Connect the iPod to the Sync cable.
    7. if iTunes ask to Restore, please do so.
    8. Sync your iPod. ( I would advise you to disconnect from Internet and stop the Antivirus program when doing this.)
    Good Luck.

• I can't open my mail and every time i try to shut down my computer mail won't let me shut down. what do i do?

I can't open my mail and every time i try to shut down my computer mail won't let me shut down. what do i do?

Welcome to Apple Support Communities
    Go to  > Force Quit or press Alt, Command and Esc keys, select Mail and force quit it. Finally, turn off your Mac.

• I just rented a movie and my computer froze. It shut down and now it's gone

just rented a movie and my computer froze. It shut down and now it's gone

This happened to me as well just now. How did you fix it?

• IMac making loud beeps and freezes.  Only way to shut down is hold power button.  Any ideas what might be wrong?

iMac making loud beeps and freezes.  Only way to shut down is hold power button.  Any ideas what might be wrong?

iMac making loud beeps
    Could be the RAM  (memory)  
    Power On Self-Test Beep Definition - Part 2

• Kernel_Task High CPU Usage (300%) and Fan Speed - On Battery and Plugged In

Hi Everyone,
    Came here to ask for help given my bad situation with MBA 13 Mid-2013 (Mavericks 10.9.2). Yesterday I`ve opened my MBA and it was very laggy and sluggish, and I could hear the fan going crazy on speed. After opening Activity Monitor, Kernel_Task was consuming 300% of CPU in average... I suspect that may be related to recently installed CleanMyMac2, after performing a series of cleaning tasks to save space on my MBA (couldn`t say I wasn`t  afraid of doing it). But this situation came a week after the cleaning above, so it`s kind of confusing. Last app I've downloaded was OneNote from AppStore. Two days later the problem started out.
    I`ve checked in a lot of discussions on this kernel situation, but none was like mine. The majority had relation with the Mac being on battery; after plugged in everything worked. In my case it happens both ways, on A/C and on battery. Tried the resets but no success at all. Also tried to boot in safe mode, but somehow didn`t work for me in Mavericks.
    I`m desperate to find a solution but it`s kinda hard to find it. That`s why I`m asking for your help! Thanks a lot!!!
    Here`s a system report to help!
    Hardware Information:
              MacBook Air (13-inch, Mid 2013)
              MacBook Air - model: MacBookAir6,2
              1 1.3 GHz Intel Core i5 CPU: 2 cores
              4 GB RAM
    Video Information:
              Intel HD Graphics 5000 - VRAM: 1024 MB
    System Software:
              OS X 10.9.2 (13C64) - Uptime: 0 days 3:6:20
    Disk Information:
              APPLE SSD SD0256F disk0 : (251 GB)
                        EFI (disk0s1) <not mounted>: 209,7 MB
                        Macintosh HD (disk0s2) / [Startup]: 250,14 GB (156,42 GB free)
                        Recovery HD (disk0s3) <not mounted>: 650 MB
    USB Information:
              Apple Internal Memory Card Reader
              Seagate  Expansion 1 TB
                        Seagate Expansion Drive (disk1s1) /Volumes/Seagate Expansion Drive: 1 TB (320,15 GB free)
              Apple Inc. BRCM20702 Hub
                        Apple Inc. Bluetooth USB Host Controller
    FireWire Information:
    Thunderbolt Information:
              Apple Inc. thunderbolt_bus
    Configuration files:
              /etc/hosts - Count: 2
    Kernel Extensions:
              com.tuxera.filesystems.tufsfs.fusefs_txantfs          (2013.3.14)
    Launch Daemons:
              [System] com.adobe.fpsaud.plist 3rd-Party support link
              [System] com.adobe.SwitchBoard.plist 3rd-Party support link
              [System] com.macpaw.CleanMyMac2.Agent.plist 3rd-Party support link
              [System] com.microsoft.office.licensing.helper.plist 3rd-Party support link
              [System] com.oracle.java.Helper-Tool.plist 3rd-Party support link
              [System] com.oracle.java.JavaUpdateHelper.plist 3rd-Party support link
    Launch Agents:
              [System] com.adobe.AAM.Updater-1.0.plist 3rd-Party support link
              [System] com.oracle.java.Java-Updater.plist 3rd-Party support link
    User Launch Agents:
              [not loaded] com.adobe.AAM.Updater-1.0.plist 3rd-Party support link
              [not loaded] com.adobe.ARM.[...].plist 3rd-Party support link
              [not loaded] com.google.keystone.agent.plist 3rd-Party support link
              [not loaded] com.macpaw.CleanMyMac2Helper.scheduledScan.plist 3rd-Party support link
              [not loaded] com.macpaw.CleanMyMac2Helper.trashWatcher.plist 3rd-Party support link
    User Login Items:
              iTunesHelper
              Dropbox
              Android File Transfer Agent
    Internet Plug-ins:
              FlashPlayer-10.6: Version: 12.0.0.77 - SDK 10.6 3rd-Party support link
              QuickTime Plugin: Version: 7.7.3
              AdobePDFViewerNPAPI: Version: 10.1.9 3rd-Party support link
              AdobePDFViewer: Version: 10.1.9 3rd-Party support link
              Flash Player: Version: 12.0.0.77 - SDK 10.6 3rd-Party support link
              Default Browser: Version: 537 - SDK 10.9
              SharePointBrowserPlugin: Version: 14.0.0 3rd-Party support link
              JavaAppletPlugin: Version: Java 7 Update 51 3rd-Party support link
    Safari Extensions:
              Open in Internet Explorer: Version: 1.0
    Audio Plug-ins:
              BluetoothAudioPlugIn: Version: 1.0 - SDK 10.9
              AirPlay: Version: 2.0 - SDK 10.9
              AppleAVBAudio: Version: 203.2 - SDK 10.9
              iSightAudio: Version: 7.7.3 - SDK 10.9
    iTunes Plug-ins:
              Quartz Composer Visualizer: Version: 1.4 - SDK 10.9
    3rd Party Preference Panes:
              Flash Player  3rd-Party support link
              Java  3rd-Party support link
              Tuxera NTFS  3rd-Party support link
    Old Applications:
              dynamiclinkmanager:          Version: 6.0.0 - SDK 10.5 3rd-Party support link
                        /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common/dynamiclink/CS6/dynamiclinkmanager.app
              dynamiclinkmediaserver:          Version: 6.0.1 - SDK 10.5 3rd-Party support link
                        /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common/dynamiclinkmediaserver/1.0/dynamiclinkmediaserver.app
    Time Machine:
              Time Machine not configured!
    Top Processes by CPU:
                   5%          com.apple.WebKit.WebContent
                   4%          WindowServer
                   3%          Safari
                   2%          com.apple.WebKit.Networking
                   1%          syncdefaultsd
    Top Processes by Memory:
              145 MB          com.apple.WebKit.WebContent
              139 MB          Safari
              131 MB          softwareupdated
              98 MB          Finder
              66 MB          mds_stores
    Virtual Memory Information:
              1.24 GB          Free RAM
              1.55 GB          Active RAM
              651 MB          Inactive RAM
              591 MB          Wired RAM
              352 MB          Page-ins
              0 B          Page-outs

Cleaned all Caches with Onyx and below there are the logs of Console today. Couldn't find something suspicious. The problem remains, though. That's intriguing, I would say.
    22/03/14 08:12:25,000 kernel[0]: **** [IOBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport][SuspendDevice] -- Suspend -- suspendDeviceCallResult = 0x0000 (kIOReturnSuccess) -- 0x1400 ****
    22/03/14 08:12:29,000 kernel[0]: AppleCamIn::handleWakeEvent_gated
    22/03/14 08:12:29,000 kernel[0]: AppleCamIn::handleWakeEvent_gated
    22/03/14 08:12:35,000 kernel[0]: IOPPF: Sent cpu-plimit-notification last value 15 (rounded time weighted average 15)
    22/03/14 08:12:35,000 kernel[0]: IOPPF: Sent gpu-internal-single-slice-plimit-notification last value 7 (rounded time weighted average 7)
    22/03/14 08:12:35,000 kernel[0]: IOPPF: Sent gpu-internal-plimit-notification last value 6 (rounded time weighted average 6)
    22/03/14 08:12:53,000 kernel[0]: ARPT: 1260.163840: AirPort_Brcm43xx::powerChange: System Sleep
    22/03/14 08:12:53,000 kernel[0]: ARPT: 1260.163853: wl0: powerChange: *** BONJOUR/MDNS OFFLOADS ARE NOT RUNNING.
    22/03/14 08:12:53,000 kernel[0]: AppleCamIn::systemWakeCall - messageType = 0xE0000340
    22/03/14 08:12:53,000 kernel[0]: hibernate image path: /var/vm/sleepimage
    22/03/14 08:12:53,000 kernel[0]: efi pagecount 63
    22/03/14 08:12:53,000 kernel[0]: hibernate_page_list_setall(preflight 1) start 0xffffff807fbb7000, 0xffffff807fe76000
    22/03/14 08:12:53,000 kernel[0]: hibernate_page_list_setall time: 152 ms
    22/03/14 08:12:53,000 kernel[0]: pages 110146, wire 76404, act 24891, inact 335, cleaned 0 spec 3, zf 4, throt 0, compr 3958, xpmapped 14601
    22/03/14 08:12:53,000 kernel[0]: could discard act 418 inact 61 purgeable 2910 spec 1162 cleaned 0
    22/03/14 08:12:53,000 kernel[0]: hibernate_page_list_setall preflight pageCount 76404 est comp 48 setfile 163194120 min 1073741824
    22/03/14 08:12:53,000 kernel[0]: AppleThunderboltNHI::prePCIWake - power up complete - took 701 us
    22/03/14 08:12:53,000 kernel[0]: AppleThunderboltHAL::earlyWake - complete - took 0 milliseconds
    22/03/14 08:12:53,000 kernel[0]: [0x215c82d000, 0x40000000]
    22/03/14 08:12:53,000 kernel[0]: [0x0, 0x0]
    22/03/14 08:12:53,000 kernel[0]: kern_open_file_for_direct_io(0) took 8 ms
    22/03/14 08:12:53,000 kernel[0]: Opened file /var/vm/sleepimage, size 1073741824, partition base 0x0, maxio 2000000 ssd 1
    22/03/14 08:12:53,000 kernel[0]: hibernate image major 1, minor 0, blocksize 4096, pollers 5
    22/03/14 09:12:52,000 kernel[0]: Thunderbolt Self-Reset Count = 0xedefbe00
    22/03/14 09:12:52,000 kernel[0]: IOThunderboltSwitch<0xffffff802048ac00>(0x0)::listenerCallback - Thunderbolt HPD packet for route = 0x0 port = 11 unplug = 0
    22/03/14 09:12:52,000 kernel[0]: IOThunderboltSwitch<0xffffff802048ac00>(0x0)::listenerCallback - Thunderbolt HPD packet for route = 0x0 port = 12 unplug = 0
    22/03/14 09:12:52,000 kernel[0]: vm_compressor_flush - starting
    22/03/14 09:12:52,000 kernel[0]: vm_compressor_flush completed - took 250 msecs
    22/03/14 09:12:52,000 kernel[0]: hibernate_flush_memory: buffer_cache_gc freed up 104 wired pages
    22/03/14 09:12:52,000 kernel[0]: hibernate_alloc_pages act 17595, inact 395, anon 48, throt 0, spec 1166, wire 91071, wireinit 130484
    22/03/14 09:12:52,000 kernel[0]: hibernate_setup(0) took 407 ms
    22/03/14 09:12:52,000 kernel[0]: ARPT: 1261.215975: scanparams:
    22/03/14 09:12:52,000 kernel[0]: ARPT: 1261.215983:   flags 0
    22/03/14 09:12:52,000 kernel[0]: ARPT: 1261.215988:   active_time 0, passive_time 0
    22/03/14 09:12:52,000 kernel[0]: ARPT: 1261.215994:   scan_start_delay 0
    22/03/14 09:12:52,000 kernel[0]: ARPT: 1261.216000:   scan_cycle_idle_rest_time 0, scan_cycle_idle_rest_time_multiplier 0
    22/03/14 09:12:52,000 kernel[0]: ARPT: 1261.216009:   max_scan_cycles 0, max_rest_time 0
    22/03/14 09:12:52,000 kernel[0]: ARPT: 1261.216015: Scan Channels (0): None
    22/03/14 09:12:52,000 kernel[0]: ARPT: 1261.216021: SSID (0): None
    22/03/14 09:12:52,000 kernel[0]: ARPT: 1261.216027: SSID count = 0
    22/03/14 09:12:52,000 kernel[0]: ARPT: 1261.216034: wl0: leaveModulePoweredForOffloads: Wi-Fi will turn off.
    22/03/14 09:12:52,000 kernel[0]: AppleCamIn::systemWakeCall - messageType = 0xE0000340
    22/03/14 08:12:55,000 kernel[0]: AppleThunderboltNHIType2::waitForOk2Go2Sx - retries = 1
    22/03/14 09:12:52,000 kernel[0]: hibernate_page_list_setall(preflight 0) start 0xffffff807fbb7000, 0xffffff807fe76000
    22/03/14 09:12:52,000 kernel[0]: hibernate_teardown started
    22/03/14 09:12:52,000 kernel[0]: hibernate_teardown: wired_pages 91558, free_pages 934076, active_pages 14267, inactive_pages 334, speculative_pages 0, cleaned_pages 0, compressor_pages 55
    22/03/14 09:12:52,000 kernel[0]: hibernate_teardown_pmap_structs done: last_valid_compact_indx 54006
    22/03/14 09:12:52,000 kernel[0]: hibernate_teardown: mark_as_unneeded_pages 2048, 15084, 11333
    22/03/14 09:12:52,000 kernel[0]: hibernate_teardown completed - discarded 28465
    22/03/14 09:12:52,000 kernel[0]: hibernate_page_list_setall time: 317 ms
    22/03/14 09:12:52,000 kernel[0]: pages 67096, wire 47885, act 14267, inact 334, cleaned 0 spec 0, zf 0, throt 0, compr 55, xpmapped 14601
    22/03/14 09:12:52,000 kernel[0]: did discard act 418 inact 61 purgeable 2910 spec 1166 cleaned 0
    22/03/14 09:12:52,000 kernel[0]: hibernate_page_list_setall found pageCount 62541
    22/03/14 09:12:52,000 kernel[0]: IOHibernatePollerOpen, ml_get_interrupts_enabled 0
    22/03/14 09:12:52,000 kernel[0]: IOHibernatePollerOpen(0)
    22/03/14 09:12:52,000 kernel[0]: encryptStart 14000
    22/03/14 09:12:52,000 kernel[0]: bitmap_size 0x1f908, previewSize 0x4f4788, writing 60939 pages @ 0x528090
    22/03/14 09:12:52,000 kernel[0]: hibernate_rebuild started
    22/03/14 09:12:52,000 kernel[0]: hibernate_rebuild_pmap_structs done: last_valid_compact_indx 54006
    22/03/14 09:12:52,000 kernel[0]: hibernate_rebuild completed - took 21 msecs
    22/03/14 09:12:52,000 kernel[0]: booter start at 654 ms smc 0 ms, [11, 0, 0] total 110 ms, dsply 0, 0 ms, tramp 128 ms
    22/03/14 09:12:52,000 kernel[0]: hibernate_machine_init: state 2, image pages 47682, sum was e2c65430, imageSize 0x7898000, image1Size 0x4373000, conflictCount 0, nextFree f
    22/03/14 09:12:52,000 kernel[0]: hibernate_newruntime_map time: 0 ms, IOHibernatePollerOpen(), ml_get_interrupts_enabled 0
    22/03/14 09:12:52,000 kernel[0]: IOHibernatePollerOpen(0) 14 ms
    22/03/14 09:12:52,000 kernel[0]: hibernate_machine_init reading
    22/03/14 09:12:52,000 kernel[0]: PMStats: Hibernate read took 97 ms
    22/03/14 09:12:52,000 kernel[0]: hibernate_machine_init pagesDone 62338 sum2 cd25448f, time: 97 ms, disk(0x20000) 642 Mb/s, comp bytes: 19476480 time: 19 ms 946 Mb/s, crypt bytes: 55726080 time: 16 ms 3158 Mb/s
    22/03/14 09:12:52,000 kernel[0]: Wake reason: RTC (Alarm)
    22/03/14 09:12:52,000 kernel[0]: RTC: SleepService 2014/3/22 12:12:51, sleep 2014/3/22 11:12:54
    22/03/14 09:12:52,000 kernel[0]: AppleCamIn::systemWakeCall - messageType = 0xE0000340
    22/03/14 09:12:52,000 kernel[0]: AppleCamIn::wakeEventHandlerThread
    22/03/14 09:12:52,000 kernel[0]: Previous Sleep Cause: 5
    22/03/14 09:12:52,000 kernel[0]: Previous Shutdown Cause: 5
    22/03/14 09:12:52,000 kernel[0]: IOPPF: Sent cpu-plimit-notification last value 0 (rounded time weighted average 0)
    22/03/14 09:12:52,000 kernel[0]: IOPPF: Sent gpu-internal-single-slice-plimit-notification last value 0 (rounded time weighted average 0)
    22/03/14 09:12:52,000 kernel[0]: IOPPF: Sent gpu-internal-plimit-notification last value 0 (rounded time weighted average 0)
    22/03/14 09:12:52,000 kernel[0]: AppleThunderboltNHI::prePCIWake - power up complete - took 1169 us
    22/03/14 09:12:52,000 kernel[0]: AppleThunderboltHAL::earlyWake - complete - took 1 milliseconds
    22/03/14 09:12:52,000 kernel[0]: [AppleMultitouchDevice::willTerminate] entered
    22/03/14 09:12:52,000 kernel[0]: [AppleMultitouchDevice::stop] entered
    22/03/14 09:12:52,000 kernel[0]: Thunderbolt Self-Reset Count = 0xedefbe00
    22/03/14 09:12:52,000 kernel[0]: TBT W (2): 0x0100 [x]
    22/03/14 09:12:52,000 kernel[0]: IOThunderboltSwitch<0xffffff802048ac00>(0x0)::listenerCallback - Thunderbolt HPD packet for route = 0x0 port = 11 unplug = 0
    22/03/14 09:12:52,000 kernel[0]: ARPT: 1263.257639: si_survive_perst_war: bar0win before 18003000, bar0win after 18001000
    22/03/14 09:12:52,000 kernel[0]: AppleHSSPIController::HandleMessage Device Wake by Host
    22/03/14 09:12:52,000 kernel[0]: Apple Internal Keyboard / Trackpad::start Start Succeeded
    22/03/14 09:12:52,000 kernel[0]: [AppleMultitouchDevice::start] entered
    22/03/14 09:12:52,000 kernel[0]: IOThunderboltSwitch<0xffffff802048ac00>(0x0)::listenerCallback - Thunderbolt HPD packet for route = 0x0 port = 12 unplug = 0
    22/03/14 09:12:52,000 kernel[0]: ARPT: 1263.495610: AirPort_Brcm43xx::powerChange: System Wake - Full Wake/ Dark Wake / Maintenance wake
    22/03/14 09:12:52,000 kernel[0]: AppleCamIn::wakeEventHandlerThread
    22/03/14 09:12:52,000 kernel[0]: USBMSC Identifier (non-unique): 00000000AP05 0x5ac 0x8406 0x5, 3
    22/03/14 09:12:53,000 kernel[0]: IOBluetoothUSBDFU::probe
    22/03/14 09:12:53,000 kernel[0]: IOBluetoothUSBDFU::probe ProductID - 0x828F FirmwareVersion - 0x0079
    22/03/14 09:12:53,000 kernel[0]: **** [IOBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport][start] -- completed -- result = TRUE -- 0xa000 ****
    22/03/14 09:12:53,000 kernel[0]: **** [BroadcomBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport][start] -- Completed -- 0xa000 ****
    22/03/14 09:12:53,000 kernel[0]: [IOBluetoothHCIController][staticBluetoothHCIControllerTransportShowsUp] -- Received Bluetooth Controller register service notification -- 0xa000
    22/03/14 09:12:53,000 kernel[0]: [IOBluetoothHCIController::setConfigState] calling registerService
    22/03/14 09:12:53,000 kernel[0]: **** [IOBluetoothHCIController][protectedBluetoothHCIControllerTransportShowsUp] -- Connected to the transport successfully -- 0x25c0 -- 0xc000 -- 0xa000 ****
    22/03/14 09:12:53,000 kernel[0]: **** [IOBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport][SuspendDevice] -- Suspend -- suspendDeviceCallResult = 0x0000 (kIOReturnSuccess) -- 0xa000 ****
    22/03/14 09:12:57,000 kernel[0]: AppleCamIn::handleWakeEvent_gated
    22/03/14 09:12:57,000 kernel[0]: AppleCamIn::handleWakeEvent_gated
    22/03/14 09:13:03,000 kernel[0]: IOPPF: Sent gpu-internal-single-slice-plimit-notification last value 9 (rounded time weighted average 8)
    22/03/14 09:13:03,000 kernel[0]: IOPPF: Sent gpu-internal-plimit-notification last value 8 (rounded time weighted average 7)
    22/03/14 09:13:04,000 kernel[0]: IOPPF: Sent cpu-plimit-notification last value 17 (rounded time weighted average 16)
    22/03/14 09:13:21,000 kernel[0]: ARPT: 1292.036296: AirPort_Brcm43xx::powerChange: System Sleep
    22/03/14 09:13:21,000 kernel[0]: ARPT: 1292.036309: wl0: powerChange: *** BONJOUR/MDNS OFFLOADS ARE NOT RUNNING.
    22/03/14 09:13:21,000 kernel[0]: AppleCamIn::systemWakeCall - messageType = 0xE0000340
    22/03/14 09:13:21,000 kernel[0]: hibernate image path: /var/vm/sleepimage
    22/03/14 09:13:21,000 kernel[0]: efi pagecount 63
    22/03/14 09:13:21,000 kernel[0]: hibernate_page_list_setall(preflight 1) start 0xffffff807fbb7000, 0xffffff807fe76000
    22/03/14 09:13:21,000 kernel[0]: hibernate_page_list_setall time: 152 ms
    22/03/14 09:13:21,000 kernel[0]: pages 110811, wire 76718, act 25005, inact 335, cleaned 0 spec 3, zf 6, throt 0, compr 4087, xpmapped 14601
    22/03/14 09:13:21,000 kernel[0]: could discard act 451 inact 58 purgeable 2820 spec 1328 cleaned 0
    22/03/14 09:13:21,000 kernel[0]: hibernate_page_list_setall preflight pageCount 76718 est comp 48 setfile 163841592 min 1073741824
    22/03/14 09:13:21,000 kernel[0]: AppleThunderboltNHI::prePCIWake - power up complete - took 723 us
    22/03/14 09:13:21,000 kernel[0]: AppleThunderboltHAL::earlyWake - complete - took 0 milliseconds
    22/03/14 09:13:21,000 kernel[0]: [0x215c82d000, 0x40000000]
    22/03/14 09:13:21,000 kernel[0]: [0x0, 0x0]
    22/03/14 09:13:21,000 kernel[0]: kern_open_file_for_direct_io(0) took 8 ms
    22/03/14 09:13:21,000 kernel[0]: Opened file /var/vm/sleepimage, size 1073741824, partition base 0x0, maxio 2000000 ssd 1
    22/03/14 09:13:21,000 kernel[0]: hibernate image major 1, minor 0, blocksize 4096, pollers 5
    22/03/14 10:13:20,000 kernel[0]: Thunderbolt Self-Reset Count = 0xedefbe00
    22/03/14 10:13:20,000 kernel[0]: IOThunderboltSwitch<0xffffff802048ac00>(0x0)::listenerCallback - Thunderbolt HPD packet for route = 0x0 port = 11 unplug = 0
    22/03/14 10:13:20,000 kernel[0]: IOThunderboltSwitch<0xffffff802048ac00>(0x0)::listenerCallback - Thunderbolt HPD packet for route = 0x0 port = 12 unplug = 0
    22/03/14 10:13:20,000 kernel[0]: vm_compressor_flush - starting
    22/03/14 10:13:20,000 kernel[0]: vm_compressor_flush completed - took 257 msecs
    22/03/14 10:13:20,000 kernel[0]: hibernate_flush_memory: buffer_cache_gc freed up 105 wired pages
    22/03/14 10:13:20,000 kernel[0]: hibernate_alloc_pages act 17538, inact 394, anon 42, throt 0, spec 1333, wire 91075, wireinit 130484
    22/03/14 10:13:20,000 kernel[0]: hibernate_setup(0) took 429 ms
    22/03/14 10:13:20,000 kernel[0]: ARPT: 1293.116790: scanparams:
    22/03/14 10:13:20,000 kernel[0]: ARPT: 1293.116798:   flags 0
    22/03/14 10:13:20,000 kernel[0]: ARPT: 1293.116804:   active_time 0, passive_time 0
    22/03/14 10:13:20,000 kernel[0]: ARPT: 1293.116810:   scan_start_delay 0
    22/03/14 10:13:20,000 kernel[0]: ARPT: 1293.116816:   scan_cycle_idle_rest_time 0, scan_cycle_idle_rest_time_multiplier 0
    22/03/14 10:13:20,000 kernel[0]: ARPT: 1293.116824:   max_scan_cycles 0, max_rest_time 0
    22/03/14 10:13:20,000 kernel[0]: ARPT: 1293.116830: Scan Channels (0): None
    22/03/14 10:13:20,000 kernel[0]: ARPT: 1293.116836: SSID (0): None
    22/03/14 10:13:20,000 kernel[0]: ARPT: 1293.116842: SSID count = 0
    22/03/14 10:13:20,000 kernel[0]: ARPT: 1293.116849: wl0: leaveModulePoweredForOffloads: Wi-Fi will turn off.
    22/03/14 10:13:20,000 kernel[0]: AppleCamIn::systemWakeCall - messageType = 0xE0000340
    22/03/14 09:13:23,000 kernel[0]: AppleThunderboltNHIType2::waitForOk2Go2Sx - retries = 1
    22/03/14 10:13:20,000 kernel[0]: hibernate_page_list_setall(preflight 0) start 0xffffff807fbb7000, 0xffffff807fe76000
    22/03/14 10:13:20,000 kernel[0]: hibernate_teardown started
    22/03/14 10:13:20,000 kernel[0]: hibernate_teardown: wired_pages 91562, free_pages 933917, active_pages 14267, inactive_pages 334, speculative_pages 0, cleaned_pages 0, compressor_pages 98
    22/03/14 10:13:20,000 kernel[0]: hibernate_teardown_pmap_structs done: last_valid_compact_indx 54053
    22/03/14 10:13:20,000 kernel[0]: hibernate_teardown: mark_as_unneeded_pages 2048, 15081, 11332
    22/03/14 10:13:20,000 kernel[0]: hibernate_teardown completed - discarded 28461
    22/03/14 10:13:20,000 kernel[0]: hibernate_page_list_setall time: 318 ms
    22/03/14 10:13:20,000 kernel[0]: pages 67257, wire 47894, act 14267, inact 334, cleaned 0 spec 0, zf 0, throt 0, compr 98, xpmapped 14601
    22/03/14 10:13:20,000 kernel[0]: did discard act 451 inact 60 purgeable 2820 spec 1333 cleaned 0
    22/03/14 10:13:20,000 kernel[0]: hibernate_page_list_setall found pageCount 62593
    22/03/14 10:13:20,000 kernel[0]: IOHibernatePollerOpen, ml_get_interrupts_enabled 0
    22/03/14 10:13:20,000 kernel[0]: IOHibernatePollerOpen(0)
    22/03/14 10:13:20,000 kernel[0]: encryptStart 14000
    22/03/14 10:13:20,000 kernel[0]: bitmap_size 0x1f908, previewSize 0x4f4788, writing 60991 pages @ 0x528090
    22/03/14 10:13:20,000 kernel[0]: hibernate_rebuild started
    22/03/14 10:13:20,000 kernel[0]: hibernate_rebuild_pmap_structs done: last_valid_compact_indx 54053
    22/03/14 10:13:20,000 kernel[0]: hibernate_rebuild completed - took 21 msecs
    22/03/14 10:13:20,000 kernel[0]: booter start at 655 ms smc 0 ms, [11, 0, 0] total 109 ms, dsply 0, 0 ms, tramp 128 ms
    22/03/14 10:13:20,000 kernel[0]: hibernate_machine_init: state 2, image pages 47691, sum was ffa5bf42, imageSize 0x78e9000, image1Size 0x4398000, conflictCount 0, nextFree f
    22/03/14 10:13:20,000 kernel[0]: hibernate_newruntime_map time: 0 ms, IOHibernatePollerOpen(), ml_get_interrupts_enabled 0
    22/03/14 10:13:20,000 kernel[0]: IOHibernatePollerOpen(0) 14 ms
    22/03/14 10:13:20,000 kernel[0]: hibernate_machine_init reading
    22/03/14 10:13:20,000 kernel[0]: PMStats: Hibernate read took 98 ms
    22/03/14 10:13:20,000 kernel[0]: hibernate_machine_init pagesDone 62390 sum2 c432b37e, time: 98 ms, disk(0x20000) 637 Mb/s, comp bytes: 19484672 time: 19 ms 944 Mb/s, crypt bytes: 55906304 time: 16 ms 3144 Mb/s
    22/03/14 10:13:20,000 kernel[0]: Wake reason: RTC (Alarm)
    22/03/14 10:13:20,000 kernel[0]: RTC: SleepService 2014/3/22 13:13:19, sleep 2014/3/22 12:13:22
    22/03/14 10:13:20,000 kernel[0]: AppleCamIn::systemWakeCall - messageType = 0xE0000340
    22/03/14 10:13:20,000 kernel[0]: AppleCamIn::wakeEventHandlerThread
    22/03/14 10:13:20,000 kernel[0]: Previous Sleep Cause: 5
    22/03/14 10:13:20,000 kernel[0]: Previous Shutdown Cause: 5
    22/03/14 10:13:20,000 kernel[0]: IOPPF: Sent cpu-plimit-notification last value 0 (rounded time weighted average 0)
    22/03/14 10:13:20,000 kernel[0]: IOPPF: Sent gpu-internal-single-slice-plimit-notification last value 0 (rounded time weighted average 0)
    22/03/14 10:13:20,000 kernel[0]: IOPPF: Sent gpu-internal-plimit-notification last value 0 (rounded time weighted average 0)
    22/03/14 10:13:20,000 kernel[0]: AppleThunderboltNHI::prePCIWake - power up complete - took 222 us
    22/03/14 10:13:20,000 kernel[0]: AppleThunderboltHAL::earlyWake - complete - took 1 milliseconds
    22/03/14 10:13:20,000 kernel[0]: [AppleMultitouchDevice::willTerminate] entered
    22/03/14 10:13:20,000 kernel[0]: [AppleMultitouchDevice::stop] entered
    22/03/14 10:13:20,000 kernel[0]: Thunderbolt Self-Reset Count = 0xedefbe00
    22/03/14 10:13:20,000 kernel[0]: TBT W (2): 0x0100 [x]
    22/03/14 10:13:20,000 kernel[0]: IOThunderboltSwitch<0xffffff802048ac00>(0x0)::listenerCallback - Thunderbolt HPD packet for route = 0x0 port = 11 unplug = 0
    22/03/14 10:13:20,000 kernel[0]: ARPT: 1295.155255: si_survive_perst_war: bar0win before 18003000, bar0win after 18001000
    22/03/14 10:13:20,000 kernel[0]: AppleHSSPIController::HandleMessage Device Wake by Host
    22/03/14 10:13:20,000 kernel[0]: Apple Internal Keyboard / Trackpad::start Start Succeeded
    22/03/14 10:13:20,000 kernel[0]: [AppleMultitouchDevice::start] entered
    22/03/14 10:13:20,000 kernel[0]: IOThunderboltSwitch<0xffffff802048ac00>(0x0)::listenerCallback - Thunderbolt HPD packet for route = 0x0 port = 12 unplug = 0
    22/03/14 10:13:20,000 kernel[0]: ARPT: 1295.393826: AirPort_Brcm43xx::powerChange: System Wake - Full Wake/ Dark Wake / Maintenance wake
    22/03/14 10:13:20,000 kernel[0]: AppleCamIn::wakeEventHandlerThread
    22/03/14 10:13:20,000 kernel[0]: USBMSC Identifier (non-unique): 00000000AP05 0x5ac 0x8406 0x5, 3
    22/03/14 10:13:21,000 kernel[0]: IOBluetoothUSBDFU::probe
    22/03/14 10:13:21,000 kernel[0]: IOBluetoothUSBDFU::probe ProductID - 0x828F FirmwareVersion - 0x0079
    22/03/14 10:13:21,000 kernel[0]: **** [IOBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport][start] -- completed -- result = TRUE -- 0xcc00 ****
    22/03/14 10:13:21,000 kernel[0]: **** [BroadcomBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport][start] -- Completed -- 0xcc00 ****
    22/03/14 10:13:21,000 kernel[0]: [IOBluetoothHCIController][staticBluetoothHCIControllerTransportShowsUp] -- Received Bluetooth Controller register service notification -- 0xcc00
    22/03/14 10:13:21,000 kernel[0]: [IOBluetoothHCIController::setConfigState] calling registerService
    22/03/14 10:13:21,000 kernel[0]: **** [IOBluetoothHCIController][protectedBluetoothHCIControllerTransportShowsUp] -- Connected to the transport successfully -- 0x1840 -- 0xc000 -- 0xcc00 ****
    22/03/14 10:13:21,000 kernel[0]: **** [IOBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport][SuspendDevice] -- Suspend -- suspendDeviceCallResult = 0x0000 (kIOReturnSuccess) -- 0xcc00 ****
    22/03/14 10:13:25,000 kernel[0]: AppleCamIn::handleWakeEvent_gated
    22/03/14 10:13:25,000 kernel[0]: AppleCamIn::handleWakeEvent_gated
    22/03/14 10:13:26,000 kernel[0]: ARPT: 1301.498621: MacAuthEvent en0   Auth result for: e8:89:2c:d7:cb:f0 Auth request tx failed
    22/03/14 10:13:29,000 kernel[0]: ARPT: 1304.215431: directed SSID scan fail
    22/03/14 10:13:32,000 kernel[0]: IOPPF: Sent cpu-plimit-notification last value 14 (rounded time weighted average 14)
    22/03/14 10:13:32,000 kernel[0]: IOPPF: Sent gpu-internal-single-slice-plimit-notification last value 4 (rounded time weighted average 4)
    22/03/14 10:13:32,000 kernel[0]: IOPPF: Sent gpu-internal-plimit-notification last value 3 (rounded time weighted average 3)
    22/03/14 10:13:43,000 kernel[0]: IOPPF: Sent gpu-internal-single-slice-plimit-notification last value 16 (rounded time weighted average 12)
    22/03/14 10:13:43,000 kernel[0]: IOPPF: Sent gpu-internal-plimit-notification last value 13 (rounded time weighted average 10)
    22/03/14 10:13:49,000 kernel[0]: ARPT: 1323.935364: AirPort_Brcm43xx::powerChange: System Sleep
    22/03/14 10:13:49,000 kernel[0]: ARPT: 1323.935378: wl0: powerChange: *** BONJOUR/MDNS OFFLOADS ARE NOT RUNNING.
    22/03/14 10:13:49,000 kernel[0]: AppleCamIn::systemWakeCall - messageType = 0xE0000340
    22/03/14 10:13:49,000 kernel[0]: hibernate image path: /var/vm/sleepimage
    22/03/14 10:13:49,000 kernel[0]: efi pagecount 63
    22/03/14 10:13:49,000 kernel[0]: hibernate_page_list_setall(preflight 1) start 0xffffff807fbb7000, 0xffffff807fe76000
    22/03/14 10:13:49,000 kernel[0]: hibernate_page_list_setall time: 152 ms
    22/03/14 10:13:49,000 kernel[0]: pages 110830, wire 76367, act 25702, inact 335, cleaned 0 spec 3, zf 7, throt 0, compr 3740, xpmapped 14601
    22/03/14 10:13:49,000 kernel[0]: could discard act 502 inact 60 purgeable 2820 spec 1294 cleaned 0
    22/03/14 10:13:49,000 kernel[0]: hibernate_page_list_setall preflight pageCount 76367 est comp 48 setfile 163117368 min 1073741824
    22/03/14 10:13:49,000 kernel[0]: AppleThunderboltNHI::prePCIWake - power up complete - took 557 us
    22/03/14 10:13:49,000 kernel[0]: AppleThunderboltHAL::earlyWake - complete - took 0 milliseconds
    22/03/14 10:13:49,000 kernel[0]: [0x215c82d000, 0x40000000]
    22/03/14 10:13:49,000 kernel[0]: [0x0, 0x0]
    22/03/14 10:13:49,000 kernel[0]: kern_open_file_for_direct_io(0) took 8 ms
    22/03/14 10:13:49,000 kernel[0]: Opened file /var/vm/sleepimage, size 1073741824, partition base 0x0, maxio 2000000 ssd 1
    22/03/14 10:13:49,000 kernel[0]: hibernate image major 1, minor 0, blocksize 4096, pollers 5
    22/03/14 10:52:26,000 kernel[0]: Thunderbolt Self-Reset Count = 0xedefbe00
    22/03/14 10:52:26,000 kernel[0]: IOThunderboltSwitch<0xffffff802048ac00>(0x0)::listenerCallback - Thunderbolt HPD packet for route = 0x0 port = 11 unplug = 0
    22/03/14 10:52:26,000 kernel[0]: IOThunderboltSwitch<0xffffff802048ac00>(0x0)::listenerCallback - Thunderbolt HPD packet for route = 0x0 port = 12 unplug = 0
    22/03/14 10:52:26,000 kernel[0]: vm_compressor_flush - starting
    22/03/14 10:52:26,000 kernel[0]: vm_compressor_flush completed - took 241 msecs
    22/03/14 10:52:26,000 kernel[0]: hibernate_flush_memory: buffer_cache_gc freed up 140 wired pages
    22/03/14 10:52:26,000 kernel[0]: hibernate_alloc_pages act 17591, inact 395, anon 43, throt 0, spec 1299, wire 91100, wireinit 130484
    22/03/14 10:52:26,000 kernel[0]: hibernate_setup(0) took 403 ms
    22/03/14 10:52:26,000 kernel[0]: ARPT: 1324.994787: scanparams:
    22/03/14 10:52:26,000 kernel[0]: ARPT: 1324.994795:   flags 0
    22/03/14 10:52:26,000 kernel[0]: ARPT: 1324.994801:   active_time 0, passive_time 0
    22/03/14 10:52:26,000 kernel[0]: ARPT: 1324.994807:   scan_start_delay 0
    22/03/14 10:52:26,000 kernel[0]: ARPT: 1324.994814:   scan_cycle_idle_rest_time 0, scan_cycle_idle_rest_time_multiplier 0
    22/03/14 10:52:26,000 kernel[0]: ARPT: 1324.994822:   max_scan_cycles 0, max_rest_time 0
    22/03/14 10:52:26,000 kernel[0]: ARPT: 1324.994833: Scan Channels (0): None
    22/03/14 10:52:26,000 kernel[0]: ARPT: 1324.994840: SSID (0): None
    22/03/14 10:52:26,000 kernel[0]: ARPT: 1324.994846: SSID count = 0
    22/03/14 10:52:26,000 kernel[0]: ARPT: 1324.994853: wl0: leaveModulePoweredForOffloads: Wi-Fi will turn off.
    22/03/14 10:52:26,000 kernel[0]: AppleCamIn::systemWakeCall - messageType = 0xE0000340
    22/03/14 10:13:51,000 kernel[0]: AppleThunderboltNHIType2::waitForOk2Go2Sx - retries = 1
    22/03/14 10:52:26,000 kernel[0]: hibernate_page_list_setall(preflight 0) start 0xffffff807fbb7000, 0xffffff807fe76000
    22/03/14 10:52:26,000 kernel[0]: hibernate_teardown started
    22/03/14 10:52:26,000 kernel[0]: hibernate_teardown: wired_pages 91587, free_pages 933955, active_pages 14267, inactive_pages 334, speculative_pages 0, cleaned_pages 0, compressor_pages 117
    22/03/14 10:52:26,000 kernel[0]: hibernate_teardown_pmap_structs done: last_valid_compact_indx 54097
    22/03/14 10:52:26,000 kernel[0]: hibernate_teardown: mark_as_unneeded_pages 2048, 15082, 11332
    22/03/14 10:52:26,000 kernel[0]: hibernate_teardown completed - discarded 28462
    22/03/14 10:52:26,000 kernel[0]: hibernate_page_list_setall time: 318 ms
    22/03/14 10:52:26,000 kernel[0]: pages 67320, wire 47918, act 14267, inact 334, cleaned 0 spec 0, zf 0, throt 0, compr 117, xpmapped 14601
    22/03/14 10:52:26,000 kernel[0]: did discard act 504 inact 61 purgeable 2820 spec 1299 cleaned 0
    22/03/14 10:52:26,000 kernel[0]: hibernate_page_list_setall found pageCount 62636
    22/03/14 10:52:26,000 kernel[0]: IOHibernatePollerOpen, ml_get_interrupts_enabled 0
    22/03/14 10:52:26,000 kernel[0]: IOHibernatePollerOpen(0)
    22/03/14 10:52:26,000 kernel[0]: encryptStart 14000
    22/03/14 10:52:26,000 kernel[0]: bitmap_size 0x1f908, previewSize 0x4f4788, writing 61034 pages @ 0x528090
    22/03/14 10:52:26,000 kernel[0]: hibernate_rebuild started
    22/03/14 10:52:26,000 kernel[0]: hibernate_rebuild_pmap_structs done: last_valid_compact_indx 54097
    22/03/14 10:52:26,000 kernel[0]: hibernate_rebuild completed - took 8737931404036 msecs
    22/03/14 10:52:26,000 kernel[0]: booter start at 655 ms smc 0 ms, [11, 0, 0] total 110 ms, dsply 0, 0 ms, tramp 129 ms
    22/03/14 10:52:26,000 kernel[0]: hibernate_machine_init: state 2, image pages 47715, sum was 925159b3, imageSize 0x78ee000, image1Size 0x438b000, conflictCount 0, nextFree f
    22/03/14 10:52:26,000 kernel[0]: hibernate_newruntime_map time: 0 ms, IOHibernatePollerOpen(), ml_get_interrupts_enabled 0
    22/03/14 10:52:26,000 kernel[0]: IOHibernatePollerOpen(0) 14 ms
    22/03/14 10:52:26,000 kernel[0]: hibernate_machine_init reading
    22/03/14 10:52:26,000 kernel[0]: PMStats: Hibernate read took 97 ms
    22/03/14 10:52:26,000 kernel[0]: hibernate_machine_init pagesDone 62433 sum2 b289dc6a, time: 97 ms, disk(0x20000) 644 Mb/s, comp bytes: 19472384 time: 19 ms 944 Mb/s, crypt bytes: 55980032 time: 16 ms 3187 Mb/s
    22/03/14 10:52:26,000 kernel[0]: Wake reason: EC.LidOpen (User)
    22/03/14 10:52:26,000 kernel[0]: AppleCamIn::systemWakeCall - messageType = 0xE0000320
    22/03/14 10:52:26,000 kernel[0]: AppleCamIn::systemWakeCall - messageType = 0xE0000340
    22/03/14 10:52:26,000 kernel[0]: AppleCamIn::wakeEventHandlerThread
    22/03/14 10:52:26,000 kernel[0]: Previous Sleep Cause: 5
    22/03/14 10:52:26,000 kernel[0]: Previous Shutdown Cause: 5
    22/03/14 10:52:26,000 kernel[0]: IOPPF: Sent cpu-plimit-notification last value 0 (rounded time weighted average 0)
    22/03/14 10:52:26,000 kernel[0]: IOPPF: Sent gpu-internal-single-slice-plimit-notification last value 0 (rounded time weighted average 0)
    22/03/14 10:52:26,000 kernel[0]: IOPPF: Sent gpu-internal-plimit-notification last value 0 (rounded time weighted average 0)
    22/03/14 10:52:26,000 kernel[0]: AppleThunderboltNHI::prePCIWake - power up complete - took 627 us
    22/03/14 10:52:26,000 kernel[0]: AppleThunderboltHAL::earlyWake - complete - took 1 milliseconds
    22/03/14 10:52:26,000 kernel[0]: [AppleMultitouchDevice::willTerminate] entered
    22/03/14 10:52:26,000 kernel[0]: [AppleMultitouchDevice::stop] entered
    22/03/14 10:52:26,000 kernel[0]: Thunderbolt Self-Reset Count = 0xedefbe00
    22/03/14 10:52:26,000 kernel[0]: IOThunderboltSwitch<0xffffff802048ac00>(0x0)::listenerCallback - Thunderbolt HPD packet for route = 0x0 port = 11 unplug = 0
    22/03/14 10:52:26,000 kernel[0]: TBT W (2): 0x0100 [x]
    22/03/14 10:52:26,000 kernel[0]: IOThunderboltSwitch<0xffffff802048ac00>(0x0)::listenerCallback - Thunderbolt HPD packet for route = 0x0 port = 12 unplug = 0
    22/03/14 10:52:26,000 kernel[0]: ARPT: 1327.027645: si_survive_perst_war: bar0win before 18003000, bar0win after 18001000
    22/03/14 10:52:26,000 kernel[0]: AppleHSSPIController::HandleMessage Device Wake by Host
    22/03/14 10:52:26,000 kernel[0]: Apple Internal Keyboard / Trackpad::start Start Succeeded
    22/03/14 10:52:26,000 kernel[0]: [AppleMultitouchDevice::start] entered
    22/03/14 10:52:26,000 kernel[0]: ARPT: 1327.227571: AirPort_Brcm43xx::powerChange: System Wake - Full Wake/ Dark Wake / Maintenance wake
    22/03/14 10:52:26,000 kernel[0]: AppleCamIn::wakeEventHandlerThread
    22/03/14 10:52:26,000 kernel[0]: USBMSC Identifier (non-unique): 00000000AP05 0x5ac 0x8406 0x5, 3
    22/03/14 10:52:27,000 kernel[0]: IOBluetoothUSBDFU::probe
    22/03/14 10:52:27,000 kernel[0]: IOBluetoothUSBDFU::probe ProductID - 0x828F FirmwareVersion - 0x0079
    22/03/14 10:52:27,000 kernel[0]: **** [IOBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport][start] -- completed -- result = TRUE -- 0xb800 ****
    22/03/14 10:52:27,000 kernel[0]: **** [BroadcomBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport][start] -- Completed -- 0xb800 ****
    22/03/14 10:52:27,000 kernel[0]: [IOBluetoothHCIController][staticBluetoothHCIControllerTransportShowsUp] -- Received Bluetooth Controller register service notification -- 0xb800
    22/03/14 10:52:27,000 kernel[0]: [IOBluetoothHCIController::setConfigState] calling registerService
    22/03/14 10:52:27,000 kernel[0]: **** [IOBluetoothHCIController][protectedBluetoothHCIControllerTransportShowsUp] -- Connected to the transport successfully -- 0xed80 -- 0xc000 -- 0xb800 ****
    22/03/14 10:52:27,000 kernel[0]: **** [IOBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport][SuspendDevice] -- Suspend -- suspendDeviceCallResult = 0x0000 (kIOReturnSuccess) -- 0xb800 ****
    22/03/14 10:52:31,000 kernel[0]: AppleCamIn::handleWakeEvent_gated
    22/03/14 10:52:31,000 kernel[0]: AppleCamIn::handleWakeEvent_gated
    22/03/14 10:52:31,000 kernel[0]: AppleCamIn::systemWakeCall - messageType = 0xE0000300
    22/03/14 10:52:33,000 kernel[0]: AppleKeyStore:Sending lock change 0
    22/03/14 10:52:34,000 kernel[0]: ARPT: 1335.773331: MacAuthEvent en0   Auth result for: e8:89:2c:d7:cb:f0  MAC AUTH succeeded
    22/03/14 10:52:35,000 kernel[0]: wlEvent: en0 en0 Link UP virtIf = 0
    22/03/14 10:52:35,000 kernel[0]: AirPort: Link Up on en0
    22/03/14 10:52:35,000 kernel[0]: en0: BSSID changed to e8:89:2c:d7:cb:f0
    22/03/14 10:52:35,000 kernel[0]: en0: 802.11d country code set to 'US'.
    22/03/14 10:52:35,000 kernel[0]: en0: Supported channels 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 36 40 44 48 52 56 60 64 100 104 108 112 116 120 124 128 132 136 140 144 149 153 157 161 165
    22/03/14 10:52:36,000 kernel[0]: AirPort: RSN handshake complete on en0
    22/03/14 10:52:36,000 kernel[0]: IOPPF: Sent cpu-idle-plimit-notification last value 60 (rounded time weighted average 60)
    22/03/14 10:52:36,000 kernel[0]: flow_divert_kctl_disconnect (0): disconnecting group 1
    22/03/14 10:52:45,000 kernel[0]: CODE SIGNING: cs_invalid_page(0x1000): p=322[GoogleSoftwareUp] final status 0x0, allowing (remove VALID) page
    22/03/14 10:52:54,000 kernel[0]: CODE SIGNING: cs_invalid_page(0x1000): p=349[ksadmin] final status 0x0, allowing (remove VALID) page
    22/03/14 10:54:36,000 kernel[0]: fsevents: watcher dbfseventsd (pid: 418) - Using /dev/fsevents directly is unsupported.  Migrate to FSEventsFramework
    22/03/14 10:55:36,000 kernel[0]: CleanMyMac 2 (map: 0xffffff8027b00960) triggered DYLD shared region unnest for map: 0xffffff8027b00960, region 0x7fff95000000->0x7fff95200000. While not abnormal for debuggers, this increases system memory footprint until the target exits.
    22/03/14 10:57:39,000 kernel[0]: considerRebuildOfPrelinkedKernel prebuild rebuild has expired
    22/03/14 11:00:48,000 kernel[0]: Kext loading now disabled.
    22/03/14 11:00:48,000 kernel[0]: Kext unloading now disabled.
    22/03/14 11:00:48,000 kernel[0]: Kext autounloading now disabled.
    22/03/14 11:00:48,000 kernel[0]: Kernel requests now disabled.
    22/03/14 11:01:02,000 kernel[0]: Longterm timer threshold: 1000 ms
    22/03/14 11:01:02,000 kernel[0]: PMAP: PCID enabled
    22/03/14 11:01:02,000 kernel[0]: PMAP: Supervisor Mode Execute Protection enabled
    22/03/14 11:01:02,000 kernel[0]: Darwin Kernel Version 13.1.0: Thu Jan 16 19:40:37 PST 2014; root:xnu-2422.90.20~2/RELEASE_X86_64
    22/03/14 11:01:02,000 kernel[0]: vm_page_bootstrap: 924236 free pages and 116148 wired pages
    22/03/14 11:01:02,000 kernel[0]: kext submap [0xffffff7f807a6000 - 0xffffff8000000000], kernel text [0xffffff8000200000 - 0xffffff80007a6000]
    22/03/14 11:01:02,000 kernel[0]: zone leak detection enabled
    22/03/14 11:01:02,000 kernel[0]: "vm_compressor_mode" is 4
    22/03/14 11:01:02,000 kernel[0]: standard timeslicing quantum is 10000 us
    22/03/14 11:01:02,000 kernel[0]: standard background quantum is 2500 us
    22/03/14 11:01:02,000 kernel[0]: mig_table_max_displ = 74
    22/03/14 11:01:02,000 kernel[0]: TSC Deadline Timer supported and enabled
    22/03/14 11:01:02,000 kernel[0]: AppleACPICPU: ProcessorId=1 LocalApicId=0 Enabled
    22/03/14 11:01:02,000 kernel[0]: AppleACPICPU: ProcessorId=2 LocalApicId=2 Enabled
    22/03/14 11:01:02,000 kernel[0]: AppleACPICPU: ProcessorId=3 LocalApicId=1 Enabled
    22/03/14 11:01:02,000 kernel[0]: AppleACPICPU: ProcessorId=4 LocalApicId=3 Enabled
    22/03/14 11:01:02,000 kernel[0]: AppleACPICPU: ProcessorId=5 LocalApicId=255 Disabled
    22/03/14 11:01:02,000 kernel[0]: AppleACPICPU: ProcessorId=6 LocalApicId=255 Disabled
    22/03/14 11:01:02,000 kernel[0]: AppleACPICPU: ProcessorId=7 LocalApicId=255 Disabled
    22/03/14 11:01:02,000 kernel[0]: AppleACPICPU: ProcessorId=8 LocalApicId=255 Disabled
    22/03/14 11:01:02,000 kernel[0]: calling mpo_policy_init for TMSafetyNet
    22/03/14 11:01:02,000 kernel[0]: Security policy loaded: Safety net for Time Machine (TMSafetyNet)
    22/03/14 11:01:02,000 kernel[0]: calling mpo_policy_init for Sandbox
    22/03/14 11:01:02,000 kernel[0]: Security policy loaded: Seatbelt sandbox policy (Sandbox)
    22/03/14 11:01:02,000 kernel[0]: calling mpo_policy_init for Quarantine
    22/03/14 11:01:02,000 kernel[0]: Security policy loaded: Quarantine policy (Quarantine)
    22/03/14 11:01:02,000 kernel[0]: Copyright (c) 1982, 1986, 1989, 1991, 1993
    22/03/14 11:01:02,000 kernel[0]: The Regents of the University of California. All rights reserved.
    22/03/14 11:01:02,000 kernel[0]: MAC Framework successfully initialized
    22/03/14 11:01:02,000 kernel[0]: using 16384 buffer headers and 10240 cluster IO buffer headers
    22/03/14 11:01:02,000 kernel[0]: AppleKeyStore starting (BUILT: Sep 19 2013 22:20:34)
    22/03/14 11:01:02,000 kernel[0]: IOAPIC: Version 0x20 Vectors 64:103
    22/03/14 11:01:02,000 kernel[0]: ACPI: sleep states S0 S3 S4 S5
    22/03/14 11:01:02,000 kernel[0]: pci (build 20:00:24 Jan 16 2014), flags 0x63408, pfm64 (39 cpu) 0x7f80000000, 0x80000000
    22/03/14 11:01:02,000 kernel[0]: [ PCI configuration begin ]
    22/03/14 11:01:02,000 kernel[0]: console relocated to 0x7f90000000
    22/03/14 11:01:02,000 kernel[0]: [ PCI configuration end, bridges 12, devices 14 ]
    22/03/14 11:01:02,000 kernel[0]: AppleIntelLpssSpiController::_notificationPublishedHandler: AppleIntelLpssDmac did show up, fDmacService 0xffffff801caaf400
    22/03/14 11:01:02,000 kernel[0]: AppleIntelLpssSpiController::_notificationPublishedHandler: AppleIntelLpssGspi channel# 1 did show up, gspi 0xffffff807c12a000
    22/03/14 11:01:02,000 kernel[0]: AppleHSSPIController::start Start Succeeded
    22/03/14 11:01:02,000 kernel[0]: mcache: 4 CPU(s), 64 bytes CPU cache line size
    22/03/14 11:01:02,000 kernel[0]: mbinit: done [64 MB total pool size, (42/21) split]
    22/03/14 11:01:02,000 kernel[0]: Pthread support ABORTS when sync kernel primitives misused
    22/03/14 11:01:02,000 kernel[0]: AppleThunderboltNHIType2::setupPowerSavings - GPE based runtime power management
    22/03/14 11:01:02,000 kernel[0]: rooting via boot-uuid from /chosen: 27E91043-FEE4-3EDB-A9CF-3002111BF3F8
    22/03/14 11:01:02,000 kernel[0]: Waiting on <dict ID="0"><key>IOProviderClass</key><string ID="1">IOResources</string><key>IOResourceMatch</key><string ID="2">boot-uuid-media</string></dict>
    22/03/14 11:01:02,000 kernel[0]: com.apple.AppleFSCompressionTypeZlib kmod start
    22/03/14 11:01:02,000 kernel[0]: com.apple.AppleFSCompressionTypeDataless kmod start
    22/03/14 11:01:02,000 kernel[0]: com.apple.AppleFSCompressionTypeZlib load succeeded
    22/03/14 11:01:02,000 kernel[0]: com.apple.AppleFSCompressionTypeDataless load succeeded
    22/03/14 11:01:02,000 kernel[0]: srom rev:11
    22/03/14 11:01:02,000 kernel[0]: ARPT: 0.745359: ChangeVCO => vco:960, xtalF:40, frac: 98, ndivMode: 3, ndivint: 24
    22/03/14 11:01:02,000 kernel[0]: ARPT: 0.745395: Data written into the PLL_CNTRL_ADDR2: 00000c31
    22/03/14 11:01:02,000 kernel[0]: ARPT: 0.745464: Data written into the PLL_CNTRL_ADDR3 (Fractional): 0000100e
    22/03/14 11:01:02,000 kernel[0]: ARPT: 0.756925: BTCOEXIST off
    22/03/14 11:01:02,000 kernel[0]: ARPT: 0.757419: BRCM tunables:
    22/03/14 11:01:02,000 kernel[0]: ARPT: 0.757437:   pullmode[1] txringsize[  256] txsendqsize[1024] reapmin[   32] reapcount[  128]
    22/03/14 11:01:02,000 kernel[0]: ARPT: 0.759182: wl0: Broadcom BCM43a0, vendorID[0x14e4] BAR0[0xb0600004]
    22/03/14 11:01:02,000 kernel[0]: 6.30.223.154 (r420397)
    22/03/14 11:01:02,000 kernel[0]: Got boot device = IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/RP06@1C,5/IOPP/SSD0@0/Ap pleAHCI/PRT0@0/IOAHCIDevice@0/AppleAHCIDiskDriver/IOAHCIBlockStorageDevice/IOBlo ckStorageDriver/APPLE SSD SD0256F Media/IOGUIDPartitionScheme/Customer@2
    22/03/14 11:01:02,000 kernel[0]: BSD root: disk0s2, major 1, minor 2
    22/03/14 11:01:02,000 kernel[0]: AppleHSSPIController::HandleMessage Device Wake by Host
    22/03/14 11:01:02,000 kernel[0]: Apple Internal Keyboard / Trackpad::start Start Succeeded
    22/03/14 11:01:02,000 kernel[0]: [AppleMultitouchDevice::start] entered
    22/03/14 11:01:02,000 kernel[0]: hfs: mounted Macintosh HD on device root_device
    22/03/14 11:01:02,000 kernel[0]: XCPM: registered
    22/03/14 11:01:02,000 kernel[0]: USBMSC Identifier (non-unique): 00000000AP05 0x5ac 0x8406 0x5, 3
    22/03/14 11:01:02,000 kernel[0]: Thunderbolt Self-Reset Count = 0xedefbe00
    22/03/14 11:01:02,000 kernel[0]: IOThunderboltSwitch<0xffffff801cb85c00>(0x0)::listenerCallback - Thunderbolt HPD packet for route = 0x0 port = 11 unplug = 0
    22/03/14 11:01:02,000 kernel[0]: IOThunderboltSwitch<0xffffff801cb85c00>(0x0)::listenerCallback - Thunderbolt HPD packet for route = 0x0 port = 12 unplug = 0
    22/03/14 11:01:02,000 kernel[0]: IO80211Controller::dataLinkLayerAttachComplete():  adding AppleEFINVRAM notification
    22/03/14 11:01:02,000 kernel[0]: IO80211Interface::efiNVRAMPublished(): 
    22/03/14 11:01:03,000 kernel[0]: AirPort: Link Down on en0. Reason 8 (Disassociated because station leaving).
    22/03/14 11:01:03,000 kernel[0]: SMC::smcReadKeyAction ERROR: smcReadData8 failed for key LsNM (kSMCKeyNotFound)
    22/03/14 11:01:03,000 kernel[0]: SMC::smcReadKeyAction ERROR LsNM kSMCKeyNotFound(0x84) fKeyHashTable=0x0
    22/03/14 11:01:03,000 kernel[0]: SMC::smcGetLightshowVers ERROR: smcReadKey LsNM failed (kSMCKeyNotFound)
    22/03/14 11:01:03,000 kernel[0]: SMC::smcPublishLightshowVersion ERROR: smcGetLightshowVers failed (kSMCKeyNotFound)
    22/03/14 11:01:03,000 kernel[0]: SMC::smcInitHelper ERROR: smcPublishLightshowVersion failed (kSMCKeyNotFound)
    22/03/14 11:01:03,000 kernel[0]: Previous Shutdown Cause: 5
    22/03/14 11:01:03,000 kernel[0]: AppleCamIn::init
    22/03/14 11:01:03,000 kernel[0]: AppleCamIn::probe
    22/03/14 11:01:03,000 kernel[0]: AppleCamIn::start
    22/03/14 11:01:03,000 kernel[0]: AppleCamIn::start: fS2DeviceRegs=0xffffff80911bd000 (len=65536)
    22/03/14 11:01:03,000 kernel[0]: AppleCamIn::start: fS2DeviceMemory=0xffffff8091455000 (len=268435456)
    22/03/14 11:01:03,000 kernel[0]: AppleCamIn::start: fISPRegsMem=0xffffff801d915880 (len=1048576)
    22/03/14 11:01:03,000 kernel[0]: virtual bool AppleCamIn::start(IOService *): about to configure DDR
    22/03/14 11:01:03,000 kernel[0]: IOBluetoothUSBDFU::probe
    22/03/14 11:01:03,000 kernel[0]: IOBluetoothUSBDFU::probe ProductID - 0x828F FirmwareVersion - 0x0079
    22/03/14 11:01:03,000 kernel[0]: **** [IOBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport][start] -- completed -- result = TRUE -- 0xf400 ****
    22/03/14 11:01:03,000 kernel[0]: **** [BroadcomBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport][start] -- Completed -- 0xf400 ****
    22/03/14 11:01:03,000 kernel[0]: init
    22/03/14 11:01:03,000 kernel[0]: probe
    22/03/14 11:01:03,000 kernel[0]: start
    22/03/14 11:01:03,000 kernel[0]: [IOBluetoothHCIController][staticBluetoothHCIControllerTransportShowsUp] -- Received Bluetooth Controller register service notification -- 0xf400
    22/03/14 11:01:03,000 kernel[0]: [IOBluetoothHCIController][start] -- completed
    22/03/14 11:01:03,000 kernel[0]: DSMOS has arrived
    22/03/14 11:01:03,000 kernel[0]: [IOBluetoothHCIController::setConfigState] calling registerService
    22/03/14 11:01:03,000 kernel[0]: **** [IOBluetoothHCIController][protectedBluetoothHCIControllerTransportShowsUp] -- Connected to the transport successfully -- 0x3480 -- 0x6800 -- 0xf400 ****
    22/03/14 11:01:03,000 kernel[0]: IOPPF - IODeviceTree:/efi/platform/StartupPowerEvents: 0x0
    22/03/14 11:01:03,000 kernel[0]: IOPPF: XCPM mode
    22/03/14 11:01:03,000 kernel[0]: IOPPF: Sent cpu-plimit-notification last value 18 (rounded time weighted average 18)
    22/03/14 11:01:03,000 kernel[0]: IOPPF: Sent cpu-idle-plimit-notification last value 60 (rounded time weighted average 60)
    22/03/14 11:01:03,000 kernel[0]: save_ddr_phy_regs: saving 127 DDR PHY shmoo-calibrated registers
    22/03/1

• I tried downloading the iOS8 to my iPod 5th generation and when it finished downloading it shut down completely and it said there was an error and no the iPod is in recovery mode. What can I do to restore it and update it? Please, I need help.

Hello,
    I recently tried downloading the IOS8 to my iPod 5th generation and when it was almost done the computer said there was an error. Right after that, the iPod shut down completely and now it's on recovery mode. I plugged it in and it said that I had to restore it and update it so I could use it again but it doesn't let me. What can I do? I even did a backup before the update.
    I really need help.

What happens when you connect to computer and restore via iTunes?
    Without knowing that:
    Try:                                               
    - iOS: Not responding or does not turn on           
    - Also try DFU mode after try recovery mode
    How to put iPod touch / iPhone into DFU mode « Karthik's scribblings
    - If not successful and you can't fully turn the iOS device fully off, let the battery fully drain. After charging for an least an hour try the above again.
    - Try another cable       
    - Try on another computer                                                       
    - If still not successful that usually indicates a hardware problem and an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store is in order.
    Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar                                     

• Help - Lights and screen are flashing--won't shut down

Hi:
    I'm pretty certain this PB Ti has seen its last day. The last time I started it up, it didn't start, but kept spinning (the hard drive) up and down. Now, it won't shut down. Even a force shutdown won't kill it. If there is any power to the computer at all, it will spin a little and kick the fan on and off, and do this over and over all the while the power light, caps lock light, and the screen light flicker and the screen itself flickers between some light to off. Even the adapter light on the back flickers orange and sometimes between orange and green.
    It doesn't look good. I've removed the battery. It has been without power at all for a few weeks now, and I just plugged it in, and it started flickering immediately with a few spin up sounds and the fan kicking on and off.
    Other than the noise of the drive and the fan, there are no other sounds. No bells or pings. I can't get a boot CD into the drive.
    Is this a logic board issue? I'd love to hear that it is bad ram, or something.
    Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Hi j,
    Welcome to Apple Discussions.
    Wow, never heard of a case like this one. Sounds like either LB is really messed up, or there's a short circuit somewhere. There's no reason not to check the RAM first: try one module at a time in one slot, then repeat in the other slot. That should answer that question.
    My next troubleshooting would be to flip open the keyboard and snug up any loose screws and look for any potential short circuits and and carefully check all the cable connections you can get at. Also look for blackened areas where it looks like something has fried. If you see that, you may have your answer. Repeat process with bottom cover removed. Also try booting with bottom cover removed. Report back with results.
    One other thought: periodically someone will post about a stuck power button. Push that around a bit in different directions and see if that has any effect.

• Installed Battery Updater 1.2, but MacBook still shutting down

Lately my MacBook has been shutting down with about 18% battery life left. I came onto these forums, followed the directions for removing Battery Updater 1.3, successfully installed 1.2, but it's still shutting down.
    Is there anything further I can do? Is it possibly just an old battery? (I bought this computer in December '06.) If it matters, my cycle count is 335. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

I was having the same problem and now it is fixed-- here's an update:
    I finally had to take my macbook to the apple store. Basically, the battery died (saw the X in the battery status and it would only run plugged in). They got the battery to work again in the store by resetting the SMC (which I had tried too, but whatever) but they agreed the battery was messed up.
    The weird thing is it showed my battery had like 422 charge cycles, even though I've had it like 8 months and I only run it off the battery a few times a day (and not often all the way until the battery runs out).
    Anyway they replace the battery, and while I was there I showed them the stains on the top part of my case (the piece with the keyboard) and I told them about my screen sometimes flickering in terms of brightness. They said that those were known issues, and they'd fix it.
    So I got it back 24 hours later, with a new battery and new keyboard piece. Cost me nothing and it works great. It is practically like a new computer and my battery lasts MUCH longer than it used to.

Maybe you are looking for

• Help:FileWriter gives no output

Hi: The following code gives no errors but also no output. I know that the encrypt method works because I am able to print the output to screen but I cannot get FileWriter to work. Can someone help me with this problem? Thanks. import java.io.*; clas

• Is there any way to create a mini Now Playing window that can "float?"

Hi, I've been reading the Help in iTunes, as well as searching the Net, but I'm not finding the functionality I want. Basically, I want to have a mini Now Playing window that I can reposition so it's not covered up by other windows while I'm working.

• How to create more than one VIP use the same IP address and different port(e.g. 80 and 443)

Hi, I use SCVMM LB Provider deploy network. I want to create 2 VIP use the same virtual IP but use the different port. for example:   VIP address 1.1.1.123   use port 80 for HTTP   and port 443 for HTTPS However, the following problems encountered, w

• Linking between LQUA and RMCLM

Hi all, Can anyone please tell me the linking between LQUA and RMCLM? Thanks and regards, Ridhima.

• Opportunity group help

Hi, Opportunity Group drop down menu,  to remove the some of the products.  We do not want historically information to be affected by this change.  We just want to have these products marked in such a way that they no longer show up in the drop down