Battery Dies when unit is off T115-S110

The battery in my T115-S1100 seems to die after about a week if I just let is sit.  The laptop is off as far as I can tell.  I did tell it to shut down.  Yet the batter dies.  If I charge it up and use it then it appears to be okay.
Anyone know anything about this?

Satellite T115-S1100
Try turning off USB Sleep and Charge. See p. 150 in the User's Guide.
   Satellite T110/T130 Series User’s Guide
-Jerry

Similar Messages

• T3i battery dies when camera is off

Twice now I pulled my T3I out of my camera bag turned it on and the battery was dead.  The first time I thought I might of left it on but this time I know for a fact that is was off. I have version 1.0.2 the camera is new I got it may 22 2014. from costco. I did get a new memory card scandisk extreme 32gb 80 mb/s but it was not in the camera this time. Im not sure if it was in the camera the first time Im not even sure if I had the memory card when I first saw this problem. The batteries are real canon batteries they came with the camera I also have the 18-55mm lens that came with the camera this is the lens that was on the camera when this problem showed up.

Whether or not the memory card is formatted will have nothing to do with battery life. (Still, it's a good idea to format in-camera regularly... I do it as a matter of course, every time I put a fresh card in my camera.)
    Having two chargers and two different batteries, if all act the same way, it's most likely a problem with the camera.
    Check your settings and usage. If, for example, you leave the camera in Live View or Video mode, or use it a lot in either of those modes, that will drain the battery much faster. Also if using the built-in flash a lot, that will greatly reduce the shots per charge. Also check how long you have set the camera to go into sleep mode. The shorter the better (today's cameras wake up so quickly, there's very little delay, and not much reason not to use a really short setting).
    If none of these seem to be causing the rapid battery drain, there may be a power issue with the camera itself. The cameras don't really turn off, even when the switch is turned off. They will drain a battery over time even if turned off, but usually it takes weeks or even months. As far as I can tell, there is little (if any) difference from turning the camera off at the switch or just letting it go into sleep mode with the switch still set to "on". I rarely turn my cameras off... In fact I try to remember to do so occasionally, to make the sensor cleaning cycle run. But sometimes I'll go for weeks without actually turning them off.
    I believe I've read somewhere about chargers not giving a full charge initially, too... But I think that was in relation to 7D or 70D and the batteries they use (which are different from your camera). There was a "fix" that seemed to work, but I don't recall the details. My cameras have worked fine from new, so I never had to do this. You might search for posts about this in other forums here... if it wasn't a Rebel series camera.
    If none of the above helps, you may need to send in the camera to have it looked at by the Canon service dept.
    Alan Myers
    San Jose, Calif., USA
    "Walk softly and carry a big lens."
    GEAR: 5DII, 7D(x2), 50D(x3), some other cameras, various lenses & accessories
    FLICKR & PRINTROOM 

• Battery draining when unit is off

I have a 8800 and would like to know if anyone else is experiencing the unique behavior of my unit.  If I leave it on, the battery drains slowly overnight - the unit might use 3-5% of its battery availability, but if I use the Auto On/Off feature and let the phone go off for 8 hours, it will drain 50% of its battery while off.  I have refreshed the unit to the latest firmware available from Rogers wireless and am also using the latest desktop software, and have no third party apps.
    Any thoughts or suggestions?

That's a good suggestion - and I've actually already done that.  That's how I had the option not to install messenger.  At this point, I'm confident that the problem isn't related to anything that I am doing with my unit, or anything that I've installed on my unit, but I am curious to learn if anyone else has experienced the same issue.  If there is a bug in the version of the OS, then I would expect a lot more Rogers subscribers to have the same problem.
    Leaving the unit on does provide me with great battery life - drained about 25% over a 3 day weekend, but it still bothers me that I can't turn it off without discharging the battery. 

• My battery dies when I'm not even using my phone.  3rd 4s since aug '12.  Everythings turned off, blah blah.  SO OVER APPLE.  Can anyone help.  Was @ Apple Sat

3rd 4s since Aug '12.  My battery dies by the second.  Just unlocking it, brings the % down.  Was @ Apple Sat & going back today.  Haven't upgraded to the ios7.  Apps are all closed, light is turned down...I've done & do it all.  This is the "new" (refurbished) phone from Sat & I can't even use it because the battery dies simply by unlockng.  SO OVER Apple.  Make a flippin product that works...that's what we pay for !!  Can anyone help ?

Hello,
    If you're in a country where there's an apple shop (unfortunately not mine), go check it and ask the employee about it: he's gonna check your Iphone on a "device"
    I've got an iphone 5 and it's working very well with me but I have to admit that its battery lasts (slower) than my Ipad 2.
    Still i can help with some tips that may improve your iohone's battery by an hour in addition (hopefully):
    - close all apps by multitasking....
    - do NOT keep the brightness to the max
    Believe me you're gonna regret changing your phone to a samsung
    Hope i've helped and sorry for my bad english (has english as 3rd language)

• My iPhone5 battery dies when I'm not using it

My iPhone5 battery dies even when I'm not using it its like I put my phone down and it's a 10% then when I look at the battery later when I look at the battery it's like at 1% please help me thank you

Battery life seems short
    Click ( www.apple.com/batteries/iphone.html) for tips on how to prolong iPhone's battery life.
    Try turning iPhone off and then on again.
    Connect iPhone to iTunes and restore iPhone.
    If the screen shows a low-battery image, the battery is low on power and needs to charge for up to ten minutes before you can use it.
    When charging iPhone, make sure to leave it charging until it is fully charged. You'll know the battery is fully charged when the battery icon in the upper-right corner of the screen looks like this .
    Note: When charging using a computer, don't connect iPhone to a keyboard. Also, the computer must be turned on and not in sleep or standby mode. If iPhone is connected to a computer that's not turned on or is in sleep or standby mode, the iPhone battery may drain.

• Battery dies when in sleep mode

My Mum has same computer and have done comparison on settings my battery seems to die when i put computer in sleep mode but hers does not ??

How long is your MBP asleep before your battery dies?
    Go to System Profiler and post your battery information.  DO NOT POST ANY SERIAL NUMBERS.
    Apple notebook batteries – maintenance and troubleshooting
    http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1446 Apple Portables: Tips for maximizing your battery charge
    http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1490 Apple Portables: Calibrating your computer's battery for best performance
    Maximize the battery life

• Battery dies while computer is off

My Powerbook is 3 years old at this point, and I do my best to conserve the battery. Lately, my battery has been draining while my computer has been off! I will use it for about 20 minutes before class and shut it down completely; when I go to use it again, its dead. WHATS THE DEAL?
    Also, my battery compartment cover keeps falling off! The battery stays secure, but the cover does not. I refuse to tape my computer... any suggestions?
    Please help!
    12in Powerbook G4   Mac OS X (10.4.4)  

It's time for a new battery. Three years is longer than most batteries last. If you want, go to system profile and click under battery. Do this when fully charged. Look for the difference between the original charge capacity and current charge capacity. Also look at the number of cycles you've had. If the difference between original and current capacities is very large or the number of cycles is high, you will certainly need a new battery.

• Battery discharges when handset is off

Hi -
    I've been using a BlackBerry 8120 since October 2009 (upgraded from a 7230). The handset sofware version is v4.5.0.174 (Platform 2.7.0.105).
    I've noticed that, on occasions, the battery has discharged significantly while the handset is turned off. For example, yesterday evening I fully charged the battery before turning the handset off, but when I turned it on this morning only 80% of the charge remained. On other occasions, I've found that the battery has drained completely when the handset has remained turned off for a couple of days.
    I always exit applications by pressing the Menu key and selecting Close. I turn the handset off by selecting the Turn Power Off icon in the Applications menu. I never leave WiFi or Bluetooth running, and I don't use social networking applications. GPS Services are always set to Location Off. The only non-standard application that I've installed is Opera Mini.
    I've tried turning off the Mobile Network connection, so that all radio systems are disabled, before turning off the handset, but that seems to make no difference. I've even bought a new battery, but that behaves in the same way as the original.
    I've updated the software to the latest version available from my network operator (Orange UK), and I've read, and try to follow, all the published tips on maximising a BlackBerry's battery life.
    I never had this problem with my old 7230. Is this typical of the 8120? Is there anything else (apart from the steps mentioned above) that I should be doing to prevent this from happening? Could my handset be faulty?
    Thanks in advance for any help and advice!

Office2Mobile wrote:
    free_bee,
    When you select to turn off your device, do you select "Turn Off" or "Full Power Off"? You may see a difference with these two options. Also have you tested another battery yet with the device?
    Hope this helps,
    Hi Office2Mobile -
    I only seem to have two options for turning off my handset: a) press and hold the red call disconnect button; or b) select 'Turn Power Off' from the Applications menu. I don't have a choice between 'Turn Off' and 'Full Power Off' in the menu.
    I always use method b).
    I've actually tried three different batteries in the handset now, but the problem occurred with all of them.
    Thanks!

• Ipod nano 7th dies when turn car off

in my car i have my ipod using transmitter and charger. when i turn off  car, i ALWAYS turn off my ipod by holding center button down. somehow  every time i come back and turn my car on the ipod is dead and it was  like i left it on the whole time WHICH I DO NOT. i used to have the ipod  nano 4th or whatever and it never did this...i would do same thing and  when i turned car back on, it picked up on the shuffle/song right where i  left off at. of course if i keep ipod on it would die but i make sure i  turn it on because i dont' want to have it start over in the  shuffle....help!!!

Make sure the headset is plugged all the way in. It is a very tight fit, the plastic on the headset jack should be flush with the body of the Nano.

• Thunderbold battery dies when off too

If I turn off the thunderbolt phone at 25% remaining, you would think battery would have something left still. Makes me think it is something that is a hardware design flaw, and something software or firmware updates may never fix? Not a good phone to travel with, always have another means to call if you think turning if off will help, it does not.

Just like many appliances in your home.  Just because they have been turned OFF, doesn't mean they are not drawing power.  To truly turn off, take out the battery (unplug from the outlet).

• Computer keeps dying, New battery, reads battery, Dies when AC removed!

Hi there,
    I have a macbook pro, i have replaced the battery, and replaced the cable that gives the Logic board power from the Battery, still doesnt work when i remove AC power cable! help!
    Macbook Pro 15" late 2008
    still reads and charges battery
    do i need a new logic board??
    Logan

Genuine Apple Battery form Apple store,
    as stated in my last description:
    when i remove the AC cable the computer shuts down immediately (dies) and will not turn back on without the AC connected
    the computer will ONLY work with AC connected.
    i have done all the obvious steps, New battery, New Battery Cable.
    the Battery does NOT have an (X(-  it charges as normal eg 19% (~(- goes right up to 99%
    have i missed something? or am i going to have to bite the bullet and get a new Logic Board?

• Battery discharges when computer switched off.

With my old battery - sometimes the back left region of the computer, where the power cord plugs in, would heat up tremendously when the computer was shut down but the power cord was still plugged in -. After 18 months of sporadic, but rare, use, that battery would not recharge. I purchased a new battery. I ran it down, left it, recharged it to calibrate... This battery is now about 1 month old and has run four cycles. The overheating problem disappeared with the new battery. Till
    yesterday morning.So last night, as I shut the computer down overnight, I unplugged the powercord. The battery was fully charged... Today when I powered up the computer the battery charge was 0%. So the battery is not holding its charge. Has anyone seen this behaviour before? Is there a way of checking the power input charging unit, or resetting it... Does anyone have any clues or advice to offer? Thanks.

What were either of you told by Apple? My new battery only has 4 cycles and it drains over night, too, when fully shut down and unplugged. This happens usually every other day. I've been keeping a log for the last week now. My DC in and battery connector have been replaced, and the PMU reset a few times, but it still happens.
    I'd love to know if other PB G4 15inch owners experience the same thing. I, like the original poster, typically run my laptop plugged in ...
    Anyone able to do a 3 or 4 day test and share the results?
    1. Day 1 plug in and run on AC. Shutdown and unplug when not in use.
    2. repeat for 3 - 4 days, only using AC (but leaving battery in the computer). Full shutdown and unplug when not using.
    What does the Charge time and % read each time you plug in/power up? Please note your cycle count when posting results (i.e., could be more "normal of an older battery, but not necessarily a low-cycle count one)
    Thanks!

• Battery dies when at around 48%

Hi all, I am new to this so please keep with me.
    I purchased a HP G61 laptop last year and about 3 months ago it kept not charging and the battery would run out very fast but also switch off at 90%. I found out HP had passed on the maintainence of this computer to Currys as part of a deal,
    Due to using the computer for work I was unable to send the computer of to Currys as they requested as it could have taken weeks to get back.
    I purchased a new battery and it now last until about 48% and then the computer shuts down as per a dead battery.
    I am at a lose end as to what this could be and hoping someone can help!!
    Many thanks!

did you update bios??
    B.R
    C A
    **Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
    Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

• [SOLVED] Laptop battery dies when watching video

So I have come a long way, but still struggle with powersaving settings.  When I watch video, specificaly youtube, or work with a virtual machine, my laptop gets hot and the battery gets drained within a few minutes.  I have followed instructions on the wiki for CPU scaling, laptop-mode-tools, etc but cannot figure out what to do to keep the laptop running cool and efficient when under load.  When I am not doing anything outside of websurfing, my laptop runs cool, and the battery seems ok.  Anyone out there have pointers on what I could check, or how to keep the power settings in check when watching videos or working in VMs? Here is my lspci output:
    00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation Core Processor DRAM Controller (rev 12)
    00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Core Processor Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 12)
    00:16.0 Communication controller: Intel Corporation 5 Series/3400 Series Chipset HECI Controller (rev 06)
    00:1a.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation 5 Series/3400 Series Chipset USB2 Enhanced Host Controller (rev 05)
    00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 5 Series/3400 Series Chipset High Definition Audio (rev 05)
    00:1c.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 5 Series/3400 Series Chipset PCI Express Root Port 1 (rev 05)
    00:1c.1 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 5 Series/3400 Series Chipset PCI Express Root Port 2 (rev 05)
    00:1d.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation 5 Series/3400 Series Chipset USB2 Enhanced Host Controller (rev 05)
    00:1e.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801 Mobile PCI Bridge (rev a5)
    00:1f.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corporation Mobile 5 Series Chipset LPC Interface Controller (rev 05)
    00:1f.2 SATA controller: Intel Corporation 5 Series/3400 Series Chipset 4 port SATA AHCI Controller (rev 05)
    00:1f.3 SMBus: Intel Corporation 5 Series/3400 Series Chipset SMBus Controller (rev 05)
    00:1f.6 Signal processing controller: Intel Corporation 5 Series/3400 Series Chipset Thermal Subsystem (rev 05)
    02:00.0 Ethernet controller: Broadcom Corporation NetLink BCM57780 Gigabit Ethernet PCIe (rev 01)
    04:00.0 Network controller: Atheros Communications Inc. AR928X Wireless Network Adapter (PCI-Express) (rev 01)
    ff:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation Core Processor QuickPath Architecture Generic Non-core Registers (rev 02)
    ff:00.1 Host bridge: Intel Corporation Core Processor QuickPath Architecture System Address Decoder (rev 02)
    ff:02.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation Core Processor QPI Link 0 (rev 02)
    ff:02.1 Host bridge: Intel Corporation Core Processor QPI Physical 0 (rev 02)
    ff:02.2 Host bridge: Intel Corporation Core Processor Reserved (rev 02)
    ff:02.3 Host bridge: Intel Corporation Core Processor Reserved (rev 02)
    Thanks!
    Last edited by gabber (2012-08-21 21:16:13)

Well it sounds like you have a very serious hardware issue if you are being literal. XD As for Flash, the reason it is not available on Apple's products is because it is a monster battery eater. Running VMs is the same, you now have two whole OS running as well as an emulation layer. As for how to best use a battery for long life, I'll just point you to the battery university: http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/
    Hope you learn something useful.

• 80g ipod wont turn on unless restart battery dies while it is off

I am looking for some help. The ipod will not turn on any more whithout menu/center button restart. It wiil auto shut off, or hibernate/ powersave normaly and shut down but it will not come back with the touch of a button. You have to restart again. It was fully charged 2 days ago, i have not used it but to do all the troubleshooting on the apple site. It now has a red battery icon. This ipod is only 15 days old and only worked 2 out of the 15 days. What is wrong? Is it an easy fix. It is under warrenty, where or who do I call? I bought it for my 13 year old nephew and he is pretty sad that it is a dud. I want to fix it for him!
    hp   Windows XP  

it should have a warranty, give apple a call

Maybe you are looking for

• Scan to network folder yosemite Hp Officejet Pro 8620

So...can I really forget "scan to network folder" with Yosemite? I checked many forums and tried all kinds of setups and variations of network paths etc. Nothing worked. However I can scan and send to computer without problem (which could be a work a

• Support for o/r in Oracle 8i tools

Support for object types in the Oracle 8i administration tools seems to be limited. For example, I can't select an object type for a table column in DBAStudio. However, I can define types and tables using types through SQLPlus. What fails is to refer

• HP Mini 110 Audio Questions from a new owner

Good evening, all, Tonight I picked up a Mini 110-3110NR from a local big-box store.  It was a return but 'should' be OK according to the salesperson.  If not, all I need to do is bring it back. Well, there are two things that are...  odd...  1)  The

• Can I upgrade from CS5 InDesign to CS6 InDesign, or do I need to buy new software?

Can I upgrade from CS5 InDesign to CS6 InDesign, or do I need to buy new software?

• Free Text Search

We have an app that allows user to maintain a table of z-master data. One of the fields provides the customer the opportunity to write notes into a type string field. This is free text entry. We would like to be able to search the table based on this