Blue screen of death twice 2 days after receiving T510

Hi all,
I encounter the dreaded Blue Screen of Death 2 times in two days, with a brand new T510.
The first one came as such a surprise in a meeting that I couldn't catch what it was. The 2nd time happend just now and I decided to post and ask for advice. The error for this time is "bad_pool_header" - not sure what that is.
The 2nd time is not necessarily the same as the 1st time. It seems that the display driver is not very stable. There were various times that, when I open the lid while connecting to an external monitor, the whole image on the external screen flickered vigorously. Windows 7 complain the display driver had crashed and windows has recovered from the error. I suspect the first time Blue Screen may be related to this too.
Anyway, although I like this system a lot, two blue screens in two days after receiving the new machine on Wednesday is pretty frustrating to me. Would Lenovo please iron out some stable and high quality drivers with the Windows 7 "Enhanced" Experience? May be with the parts manufacturer please?
Thanks all!
Campion

I would start with installing the latest bios and video driver updates off of lenovo's site.  (do not use the TVSU since that tends to be slower at propigating new updates).  It is new hardware and there is the possiblity of drivers and/or bios being updated since the drive images Lenovo installs from where created.
Of course random BSOD's could also be bad ram.  I would try running MemTest86 on the system and making sure it can successfully pass the tests, and make sure you call customer service and report this so that they know of the issue moving forward.
Best of luck!
lkpcampion wrote:
Hi all,
I encounter the dreaded Blue Screen of Death 2 times in two days, with a brand new T510.
The first one came as such a surprise in a meeting that I couldn't catch what it was. The 2nd time happend just now and I decided to post and ask for advice. The error for this time is "bad_pool_header" - not sure what that is.
The 2nd time is not necessarily the same as the 1st time. It seems that the display driver is not very stable. There were various times that, when I open the lid while connecting to an external monitor, the whole image on the external screen flickered vigorously. Windows 7 complain the display driver had crashed and windows has recovered from the error. I suspect the first time Blue Screen may be related to this too.
Anyway, although I like this system a lot, two blue screens in two days after receiving the new machine on Wednesday is pretty frustrating to me. Would Lenovo please iron out some stable and high quality drivers with the Windows 7 "Enhanced" Experience? May be with the parts manufacturer please?
Thanks all!
Campion
Thinkpad T500-2081 CTO | T9400 2.53GHz | 8 GB RAM | ATI HD3650 + Intel GM45 | 15.4" LED WXGA+ | Windows 8 | ATI Catalyst 13.1 (non-switchable)
Thinkpad 390x | PII 333 | 256mb ram | NeoMagic 256AV | SVGA LCD | OS/2 v4.52

Similar Messages

• Blue screen of Death!!! after 7.7.1 install

After installing itunes 7.7.1 I was prompted for a restart. So I restarted my computer and got the blue screen of death. Then it restarted it self again and now it doesn't even show the windows loading bar!
    Swinson Terry

Finally found someone else with the similar issue to myself. I also foolishly allowed the iTunes 7.7 update to download and was prompted to restart. However, unlike you I chose to restart later, but incredibly 2 minutes later I got a brief message advising that the system had to restart and with no further warning my desktop shut down whilst I still had other applications open. Now I get the DOS prompt advising that Windows had an error and I get the Startup options for 'Safe Mode' 'Last Known Good Config.' 'Start Windows Normally' etc, but whichever option I take Windows freezes at the XP logo stage.
    I am running Windows XP Home Edition on a Dell Dimensions 4400.
    So far, I have tried loading the Recovery disks, but as I have read in many other discussion threads the iTunes updates seems to have also disabled the DVD and CD/RW drives so I am somewhat screwed! Have now resorted to removing the Hard drive and connecting to my laptop externally in an attempt to reverse changes. Sadly, have not been able to trace any changes to SYSTEM 32 files yet.
    Any suggestions from other parties greatly welcomed.

• Windows 8.1 Blue Screen of Death "Critical process died" after Windows update

Hey there, my Envy laptop has the "Critical Process Died" blue screen of death error after doing 3 things today:
    1. A BIOS update through HP Support Assistant.
    2. An x64 windows process update (optional) through the Control Panel.
    3. An NVIDIA update.
    What can I do to fix this error? I'm okay with a complete system wipe. Please help.
    *Windows 8.1 64bit

The only option that worked for me was to "reset" my PC, as in a complete wipe. it's working properly again, when I read reviews of windows 8.1 I didn't really believe the people who said stay away from it, but since I've had more problems than I'd wish to, I'm too afraid to go back to it. Thanks anyways guys.

• Windows 7 (64) Blue Screen of Death at Start up after installing iTunes 10

I just got a brand new computer a week ago and decided to install iTunes 10 this evening. The install finished successfully and a message prompted me to restart to complete the installation. So I did. Now my machine will not boot. Each time it does, I get a blue screen of death. Attempting to restore the system fails.
    I was able to start Windows in Safe Mode once but I wasn't able to uninstall programs while in safe mode so I couldn't remove itunes 10. And now I can no longer start my machine in Safe Mode.
    Has anyone else experienced this? Any ideas to solve it?
    Message was edited by: BrianCoker

Windows 7 64 bit core i7
    BSOD while updating to iTunes 10 with suspended installation of Apple Mobile Device Support. Network drivers no longer working as a result. Attempted fix by downloading from a different machine and competing install via files transferred over on flash drive. No dice. Attempted removal of iTunes, QuickTime, Apple Mobile Device Support, Apple Application Support, Apple Software Update to see if this would fix. Followed this up with a restart. This seems to have improved matters as system is starting up faster. No dice. Try reinstall network drivers from Sony ViaoCare disk. Installed and restarted. No dice. Next, try Widows 7 Network and Sharing diagnostics. No dice. Next try manual removal & reinstall of network driver using Device Manager, restart. Can't seem to re-install Network Controller. Still trying to solve this.

• I just encountered the Blue screen of death - TWICE

I think it may have my my SD card that i inserted into my laptop, it did not crash immediately but it did crash shortly after. Plus when I restarted the laptop i left it inside, and then the laptop crashed again after starting up.
    Here's the report that it gave me:
    Problem signature:
      Problem Event Name:    BlueScreen
      OS Version:    6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
      Locale ID:    1033
    Additional information about the problem:
      BCCode:    3b
      BCP1:    00000000C000001D
      BCP2:    FFFFF88000000000
      BCP3:    FFFFF88002B25150
      BCP4:    0000000000000000
      OS Version:    6_1_7600
      Service Pack:    0_0
      Product:    768_1
    Files that help describe the problem:
      C:\Windows\Minidump\011010-35287-01.dmp
      C:\Users\od568\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-42931-0.sysdata.xml
    Read our privacy statement online:
      http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409
    If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
      C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt
    I don't know what's the problem...also my laptop was recently upgraded from vista to w7 if that helps...
    thanks

Oops. I was looking at the wrong specs.
    Satellite L505-S6959
    Try replacing the video driver.
       Intel Display Driver for Windows 7 (64)
    Next time you see a blue screen, grab the STOP error and any file name on the screen.
    -Jerry

• Blue Screen of Death -- Datebook gone, Addressboo​k in danger

Having some major addressbook/datebook issues with HotSync. I am using a Handspring Visor (the original, old model), Palm Desktop 4.0.1, Windows XP Home. I have not updated any of the hardware/software lately.
    A couple days ago, when I synced my Handspring Visor, I got the dreaded "blue screen of death." I rebooted my computer, and then found that the Palm Desktop program wouldn't load. It gave me an error saying the addressbook database could not be opened. The sync log also gave me a series of messages like this:
    "Some handheld records were not copied to your PC. Your computer may be full or you may have reached the maximum allowed records on the desktop. To correct this situation, delete some records and perform a HotSync operation again." (Below, I've pasted in the full log from the last couple days so you can see exactly what I mean.)
    This morning, I synced the device again, thinking that perhaps the addressbook file had become corrupted and that a sync would clear things up. The answer was ... anything but!
    I was able to get the Palm Desktop software to reopen by renaming "addresss.dat" to "address.dba." However, two major problems:
    1) The addressbook on my computer is totally blank. There are three files in the "Address" folder with these extensions: .aba, .dat, and .bak. All of them are only 1 or 2 KB in size. However, this isn't a total loss because my addresses seem to be intact on my handheld.
    2) My datebook has lost ALL data I've entered since roughly January 2008. All my previous years of calendar entries seem to be unaffected. This is the scary part because my handheld AND my desktop both have this problem. I tried the solution of renaming the datebook.bak file to datebook.dba (and giving the current file a .old suffix), but that did not fix the problem. Both files are 355 KB in size. I've also tried setting up a new users and copying over both these files one at a time, but that didn't fix the problem either.
    Sadly, I was a fool and didn't backup my Palm files after the blue screen of death the other day; I didn't do it until AFTER that second sync this morning where my datebook data got lost.
    Basically, I'm pretty sure I'm screwed about the datebook files. However, I would like to make sure my addressbook doesn't get erased from my handheld. Before my next sync, I feel like I should set the HotSync conduit prefs for addressbook to "Handheld Overwrites Desktop," but I thought I'd get some feedback from y'all before I did that. I am also really curious why I'd lose SOME of my calendar data but not ALL of it? That's the weirdest part to me.
    Many thanks for any help you could provide.
    HOTSYNC LOG 
    HotSync operation started 08/22/08 07:30:08
    -- Date Book
       - Some handheld records were not copied to your PC. Your computer may be full or you may have reached the maximum allowed records on the desktop. To correct this situation, delete some records and perform a HotSync operation again.
         Desktop = 2343, Handheld = 2342
    OK Date Book with 1 message(s)
    -- Address Book
       - Some handheld records were not copied to your PC. Your computer may be full or you may have reached the maximum allowed records on the desktop. To correct this situation, delete some records and perform a HotSync operation again.
         Desktop =  0, Handheld =  481
    Address Book synchronization failed
    -- To Do List
       - Handheld category 'Business' has been deleted.
       - Handheld category 'Personal' has been deleted.
       - Some handheld records were not copied to the Palm Desktop. Attempting to restore from the handheld.
         Desktop =  1, Handheld =   14
    OK To Do List with 3 message(s)
    -- Memo Pad
       - Handheld category 'Business' has been deleted.
       - Handheld category 'Personal' has been deleted.
       - Some handheld records were not copied to the Palm Desktop. Attempting to restore from the handheld.
         Desktop =  0, Handheld =   18
    OK Memo Pad with 3 message(s)
    OK Expense
       -- Backing up db Saved Preferences to file C:\Program Files\Handspring\PollocC\Backup\Saved_Preferences.​PRC
    OK System
    HotSync operation complete 08/22/08 07:32:24
    HotSync operation started 08/20/08 08:15:59
    OK Date Book
    -- Address Book
         Desktop =  0, Handheld =  481
    Address Book synchronization failed
    -- To Do List
         Desktop =  0, Handheld =   15
    To Do List synchronization failed
    -- Memo Pad
         Desktop =  0, Handheld =   18
    Memo Pad synchronization failed
    OK Expense
       -- Backing up db Saved Preferences to file C:\Program Files\Handspring\PollocC\Backup\Saved_Preferences.​PRC
    OK System
    HotSync operation complete 08/20/08 08:16:15
    HotSync operation started 08/15/08 08:21:23
    OK Date Book
    OK Address Book
    OK To Do List
    OK Memo Pad
    OK Expense
    OK System
    HotSync operation complete 08/15/08 08:21:26
    Post relates to: Visor Neo

When you sync the device to Palm desktop a file is created on the first sync with the extension .dat. When you sync the second time the data in the .dat file is copied to the .bak file. The process is cycled in that order. Each time you sync, the files are overwritten. If you sync once and notice the data is gone, don't sync again because the .bak file should have the recoverable data.  
    When you rename the files to recover your data you need to rename the files in the following order. 
    Close Palm Desktop, rename the .dat to .old. Next rename the .bak file to .dat. Reopen palm desktop and see if the data is there.
    Try this and see if you can recover the data.
    Here is a method for saving your data in a seperate location in case you lose data again.
    The best way to preserve your data is to export the data in each category in Palm Desktop to a seperate folder on your PC.
    Create a new folder on your PC somewhere that is convenient. Name it something like Palm Desktop Data. CLick on the link below and follow the instructions on that page for the export procedure.
    http://www.palm.com/cgi-bin/cso_kbURL.cgi?ID=28734
    With the data saved in the folder you created, make a copy of that folder and save to a flash drive, cd-rw or external hard drive. Anytime you make a change in Palm Desktop, export the data that was changed to that folder and save again to the external media.
    With this process you can always import the data back into Palm Desktop anytime you have a problem with the data in Palm Desktop or if your computer/hard drive/device crashes.
    Post relates to: Palm i705
    Message Edited by cygnusX1 on 08-22-2008 09:16 AM

• Blue screen of death - Error message included

I have searched on the forum and found nothing exactly like my situation.  I am running Labview 7.1 in a test bay through the NI chassis with an embedded controller.  The system basically reads up to 100 RTD, and 224 pressure readings and then writes them to a network computer.  Every so often, we get the "blue screen of death" when running the program.  Sometimes there are problems with the network computer, so there is am option inside the program to send all the data to the local hardrive.  This is basically how we check to see if the problem is related to the network, or if it is the Labview system.  However, the network has never been the cause of the blue screen of death(since we have also received the blue screen while writing to the local hardrive).  Furthermore, the system only gives the blue screen ever so often, not all the time.  The error message is attached, and seems to be memory related.  I should also mention that we run two labview program at the same time, one controls a series of valves, and the other displays all the data be recorded the the network computer.  After about 10 reboots, as a desperate attempt, we only ran the valve program, and it seemed to work, but it may just be luck.  Another attempt was and option in windows(XP) called "paging" which we turned off.  Last I know the system was working, but under the above mentioned conditions which will not work for day to day testing. 
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you
    Attachments:
    Error message.xls ‏14 KB

Hi,
    I found a post that looks like it might be a similar issue. The first link does not seem to be valid any more. Below are three more external links that also describe this error message.
    http://www.5starsupport.com/info/stop_error.htm#7a
    http://www.osronline.com/ddkx/ddtools/bccodes_2vjb​.htm
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windo​ws2000serv/reskit/prork/prhd_exe_qofl.mspx?mfr=tru​...
    I hope this helps!
    Regards,
    Missy S.
    Calibration Engineer
    National Instruments

• Blue Screen of Death - Memory Management

I have gotten the blue screen of death twice now. The screen went by really fast but I think it said something about memory, like memory management. I copied the problem details:
    Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
    Locale ID: 4105
    Additional information about the problem:
    BCCode: 1a
    BCP1: 0000000000041790
    BCP2: FFFFFA80022B8DF0
    BCP3: 000000000000FFFF
    BCP4: 0000000000000000
    OS Version: 6_1_7601
    Service Pack: 1_0
    Product: 768_1
    Files that help describe the problem:
    C:\Windows\Minidump\071314-34335-01.dmp
    C:\Users\Tiffany Jiang\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-53804-0.sysdata.xml
    Both times happened randomly and about 2 weeks apart, and the laptop (Toshiba Satellite; it was bought brand new about only 3 weeks ago) still works fine after it restarts, but I don't want it to keep happening. I also don't know what the problem is. I used my previous Windows 7 laptop (HP pavillion g6) the same way for 3 years and it never blue screened even once. I tried going to the Toshiba support website to see if I need to download any new drivers but the website does not seem to be working on my laptop, everytime I go on it it's just lines of letter and numbers.
    Help would be much appreciated, thank you!

Satellite C55-A5195
    Downloads here.
    Bug Check 0x19: BAD_POOL_HEADER
    Caused By Driver  : vsdatant.sys              <- True Vector device driver
    You have ZoneAlarm on board? If so, uninstall it and see what happens. 
    ==================================================
    Dump File         : 071314-34335-01.dmp
    Crash Time        : 7/15/2014 9:58:18 AM
    Bug Check String  : MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
    Bug Check Code    : 0x0000001a
    Parameter 1       : 00000000`00041790
    Parameter 2       : fffffa80`022b8df0
    Parameter 3       : 00000000`0000ffff
    Parameter 4       : 00000000`00000000
    Caused By Driver  : ntoskrnl.exe
    Caused By Address : ntoskrnl.exe+75bc0
    File Description  :
    Product Name      :
    Company           :
    File Version      :
    Processor         : x64
    Computer Name     :
    Full Path         : C:\Test\071314-34335-01.dmp
    Processors Count  : 4
    Major Version     : 15
    Minor Version     : 7601
    Dump File         : 070514-42837-01.dmp
    Crash Time        : 7/15/2014 9:58:18 AM
    Bug Check String  : BAD_POOL_HEADER
    Bug Check Code    : 0x00000019
    Parameter 1       : 00000000`00000020
    Parameter 2       : fffffa80`0b390140
    Parameter 3       : fffffa80`0b390160
    Parameter 4       : 00000000`04020008
    Caused By Driver  : vsdatant.sys
    Caused By Address : vsdatant.sys+47054
    File Description  :
    Product Name      :
    Company           :
    File Version      :
    Processor         : x64
    Computer Name     :
    Full Path         : C:\Test\070514-42837-01.dmp
    Processors Count  : 4
    Major Version     : 15
    Minor Version     : 7601
    -Jerry

• IPhone 5S Blue Screen of Death: seemingly no options left, any ideas?

Purchased my iPhone 5S in Nov 2013, haven't had any problems until mid-December. Made the jump from iOS 7.? to iOS 8.1.2. Afterwards, I started noticing that when I would plug the phone into any cable that it wouldn't sense a charge, would need to remove and re-seat. Phone started thinking Apple cables were uncertified, things like that. No big deal, I would just unplug and re-plug a few times until it recognized the cable was legit. Note: I own several Apple and Apple-certified cables, it didn't matter which cable I used, this issue persisted across all of them.
    Forward a few weeks after the update, I wake up one morning and start using my phone and it freezes. Few seconds later, the screen goes blue, several striped lines dissolve in an out between blue/gold/black/silver/white. Press home+sleep button and restart the phone, normal boot for a few seconds until it kernel panics again. Repeat about 5 times until the phone actually starts. I have my MacBook Pro, plug it in, make several attempts to backup until it works (with several kernel panics in between). Restore iPhone from backup. Issue persists. Assume backup is corrupt. Restore phone to factory settings (sacrificing all data, but I just want a working phone at this point). Issue persists. Holidays over, get back to my home.
    Make appointment at Apple Store, tech takes a look at it. Notes no physical damage, no water damage. Pulls up diagnostics, everything looks good. Finds dozens of kernel panics logged, blames hardware based on the diagnostics. Tech notes that my phone is "2 months" (more like 5 weeks) out of warranty, no AppleCare, tells me they can't do a warranty replacement. Phone needs to be replaced, offers $269 for a replacement 5S. Mention the phone was working fine before the update. Tech says that sometimes the updates will cause a phone with failing hardware to finally fail (paraphrasing). Can't afford the $269, ask about upgrade eligibility. Tech passes me off to a salesperson who says I'm not eligible until November. Could sign up for AT&T Next, which as I understand splits the cost of a new phone over a year (additional ~$50/mo for a new phone?). Getting married at the end of the year, so money is tight.
    Take phone to work yesterday, delete all of my apps from my phone. Plug phone into computer at work (never synced to this machine). Tell machine to do a factory reset, assume that it will be the "cleanest" sync since the app data isn't on this machine. Phone works great... for 18 hours. Wake up this morning, load up Find Friends, freezes and BSODs.
    So, looking for any options outside of having to pay $269 for a new phone. Soapbox... Owned Apple stuff all my life: Apple IIe, Mac 2C, Performa 575, PowerMac 6500, iMac, iMac DV, G4, MacBook Pro (LED), MacBook Pro (retina), gen-1 iPod, iPod classic, iPhone 3G, iPhone 4, iPhone 5S. I've given the company a lot of money over my life. Rarely have I turned to them for repairs and this is the first time they've spurned me weeks outside of warranty coverage. Considering this entire thing started with an update they pushed to my phone, I'm pretty disappointed with them right now.
    tl;dr iPhone 5S kernel panics and blue-screens frequently (~dozen times a day) after iOS 8.1.2 update. Few weeks out of warranty, so Apple store told me I can pay them $269 for a refurb, otherwise not helpful. Not eligible for upgrade until November. No physical damage (water or otherwise). Tried to restore from backup, issues persisted. Deleted all of my apps, tried factory restore, issues persist. Any further options?

UPDATE (13-Jan 2015): Took my phone do a different AppleStore and had an appointment with a Genius. The Genius hinted that I should call AppleCare (1-800-APL-CARE) and tell them my story. He said that it was not possible for him to do it, but that by escalating the problem to AppleCare that they may help. I was on the phone with a rep and his supervisor for about an hour before they told the Genius to replace my phone as a one-time out-of-warranty replacement. They stated that because the phone was working fine before the update, and showed no damage, that they would grant my request. Yay Apple for making this right!
    This is a known bug, error 101 or something.  Only solution they have at the moment is warranty replacement.

• Iphone 5S crashing after 8.3 update blue screen of death

I have an iPhone 5S which is 90 days out of warranty.  I updated to 8.3 and the first issue I noticed was my music app.  When I play music it doesn't start off from the last song I played - I have to choose my songs again and restart my shuffled playlist.  Last week out of nowhere my phone crashed but it was at 80% battery.  The screen went black, then blue, then tried to reboot.  It "reset" itself within a few hours.  Next day I accessed the App Store and it crashed again.  It has since crashed several more times using Facebook, email, turning it off...very frustrating.  I brought my phone to VZW and they said it was a software issue.  I then went to the Genius Bar and they said without restoring the phone and reinstalling ios, they have no way of knowing if it's software or hardware.  The phone crashed as the tech was looking at my phone so he excused himself, went to the back and came back with a second opinion  "it's definitely a hardware issue and since you are out of warranty, you'll have to buy a new phone for $549".  WHAT?!?  So wait, you JUST told me that you wouldn't know if it was a hardware issue until the phone was restored so how did you magically surmise this?  Then to tell me there is NOTHING that can be done and if I wanted to restore from a backup, I wouldn't be guaranteed that all of my content would be restored to my phone OR there is a possibility my phone would be wiped clean and not restorable at all.  Nice try and scare tactic.  I left Apple with a phone stuck on the blue screen of death.  I went back to VZW and they said its definitely not a hardware issue and even if it were, Apple is the company to seek, not them - they are just my carrier.  I am so fed up with Apple.  Every update and phone I've had with them has had issues.  I don't know why I continue to be their customer.  If anyone can help I'd appreciate it.
    Message was edited by: Lifesabeach2

Sorry, what i wrote was wrong and i can't edit it again now
    Here's what I was actually meant to say,
    Hi
    You could try basic trouble shooting, that's what everyone usually suggests first but it that fails to work then it is a hardware issue.
    Did it start crashing after you installed or or got rid of an app? Oh and has it happened before on any other IOS?
    In my opinion you should email Apple explaining the issue and they might be able to help you or tell you it plain and simple that your phone is broken
    Also check out these links:
    http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2407487,00.asp
    https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201252
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hx9QQpakXvk
    ^^^^^ This one might benefit you the most!
    Hope any of this info helps you get any where with your phone.

• Blue Screen of Death after GPIB Software Drivers 2.1 install, nipsbfw.sys, nipalk.sys

I get a blue screen of death after I upgraded the GPIS Software Drivers to 2.1. The screen complains about the following files: nipsbfw.sys and nipalk.sys.
    I'll copy down the exact message and post it...

Hello fkwok �
    First, make sure GPIB software driver 2.1 is the correct driver for your operating system and board by clicking here.
    If you are using Windows 2000, this KnowledgeBase is extremely useful.
    If these suggestions do not solve your problem, please post the exact message and I will look into the issue some more. Have a great day!
    Becky B.
    Applications Engineer
    National Instruments
    Becky Linton
    National Instruments
    Field Engineer
    Office: 734-464-2463
    Cell: 248-709-2822
    Email: [email protected]

• Blue screen of death after ram upgrade on a Toshiba Satellite C655 laptop

I ordered an upgrade for a Toshiba Satellite C655(PSC08U-02D037) running Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit. I've trying for a month to get this to work consistently. When I first installed it, it worked fine for the first few days, but then after that I kept getting an error that would pop up "Display has Stopped Responding And Recovered" and the screen would flicker turn to black for a second. It didn't happen a lot at first, but then it got progressively worse to the point that it would crash my browsers, and sometimes when I tried to play certain videos, I would get the blue screen of death, and then the computer would have to restart.
    I updated my bios, graphics drivers, I checked to see if maybe I failed to install it properly and reinstalled it, no avail. Finally I just took the ram out, and then I stopped having these issues. Which leads me to believe that it may have something to do with the memory upgrade. I ran the scanner as suggested when I was looking to upgrade, and what was recommended was a ( System 2gb DDR3-1600 Sodimm 1.35v CL11 ) ram stick part number CT6316802, which is the one I ended up ordering. I'm not sure what else to do but assume that what I ordered is either defective or just doesn't work with my laptop. 

Hi jinjoe,
    I am sorry for the issues you are experiencing with your upgrade. How is this memory installed? Is it just one module or did you purchase two? Did you install it with any exisitng RAM? If you have two modules have you tried installing one module at a time? This would help us determine if the issue is with one defective memory module or both causing the issue.

• Windows 7 - Blue screen of death after Boot Camp install

Hello! I have done some searches with no answers, so...
    After installing Windows 7 from scratch I then install Boot Camp 3.0 which then leads to the Windows blue screen of death upon reboot. I then have to recover Windows to the previous state prior to installing Boot Camp.
    Help!?

Most likely, Apple HFS read-only, which is AppleHFS.sys and AppleMNT.sys - rename those and see.
    You might want to run chkdsk after all this to make sure there are no errors with the drive and file system.
    Windows Explorer will not accept HFS+ filenames with special characters and will "green bar" and hang when it does, too.
    The faulty HFS driver is a valid concern.
    Rename AppleHFS.sys and AppleMNT.sys
    By doing the following you will disable HFS mount / read mode on windows XP, Vista, 7.
    Navigate to c:/windows/system32/drivers/AppleMNT.sys, rename the AppleMNT.sys file to something like AppleMNT_keep.sys or something of your likings.
    The faulty HFS driver is a valid concern. It seems to happen on many systems.
    You find it in Windows/system32/drivers/AppleHFS.sys
    Renaming to AppleHFS_disabled.sys will avoid the blue screens until you have found another solution or Apple updates Bootcamp 3
    After renaming both myself because they are no longer "*.sys" or something? they are gone. In my case AppleHFS prevented Windows Backup from running to end and was causing error "some files skipped" and while some might find reading convenient, I prefer Windows not have even read-only access.
    You can probably do better with MacDrive, or probably Paragon's HFS driver, to read AND write if needed, to HFS from Windows.

• IPhone5s stuck in recovery mode after lots of times displaying blue screen of death, cannot restore it as iTunes displays error 14 on verification, same time phone crashes again with blue screen.

hi, my iPhone5s is only 3 months old, it has been like a whole month now since it started crashing, displaying the blue screen of death, since yesterday it was in the loop of restart-crash, and now it is stuck in recovery mode after lots of times displaying blue screen.
    I cannot restore it as phone continues crashing again with blue screen, when iTunes displays error 14 on verification.
    help please, this phone is all the means of communication I have.

It's a hardware problem. That's it. You shouldn't bother yourself with this situation. Just see an AASP.

• Qosmio F20 blue screen of death after shutdown

Hi there,
    I get the blue screen of death after shutdown on my Qosmio F20 laptop.
    Error is IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.
    I assume that it is somehow related to tv tuner card.
    I have tried to restore system - no good. After restoration for some time it was OK. But then BSOD appeared again.
    Sometimes it also appears when I connect USB HDDs or even when I insert DVD disk.
    And for shure everytime I shut laptop down.
    Has anybody got ideas?

Hi
    Reading you last message I really dont know what you expect from this forum ?:|
    We all here can provide only some suggestions and opinions.
    Without any notebook tests and checks nobody will be able to provide a magic solution
    I hope you understand this.
    So back to the notebook issue.
    There is a one way to find out if the issue could be related to the software or hardware.
    You have to reinstall the notebook with the Toshiba recovery CD. If the same BSOD will appear after the installation from the recovery CD then the chance are that the hardware is faulty!
    I think you should check this out.

Maybe you are looking for

• How to activate a pen tablet on photoshop on a All-in-one computer [touch screen]?

I have a all in one computer touch screen- and I can use a pen tablet right on the screen, it's active- but when I go on PSCS6 and try to use the pen tablet, it is not active onto the screen- where do you go to activate it?? Can you?

• Sap treasury PMP

Hi, i got below issue while i am entering transactions 01A shares investment maintain the assignment of position management procedures. please suggest me  how to configure this with regards raju

• Operating system problems

Wanting to update my operating system. running 10.4 now need to update to 10.6.3. Do I need to update to Leopard before snow leopard will work?

• RADIUS Server - Extending the network

I have successfully set up RADIUS running on 10.5.5. Users are able log in and all is working well (except for Windows XP clients connecting from login, but who cares about them at the moment!) I want to be able to extend the network. I am using Appl

• C7280 & Photo Tray Problem

I have a C7280 that displays Photo Tray Problem. I am unable to clear this problem. I have tried pulling the tray out and reinserting it. I have tried powering the printer down by unplugging it. There is no telling what combination of buttons I have