Blue screen on T60

Hello, hopefully someone can help with a problem I'm having with my T60 thats running Windows XP. I get this blue screen with an error message and I don't know how to fix it.. [IMG]http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc287/gabriel0398/0913081246a.jpg[/IMG]
Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

Welcome to the forum!
Try pressing F8 while booting and getting into the Safe Mode. From there, choose "last known good configuration" and try to get into Windows.
Good luck and keep us posted. 
Cheers,
George
In daily use: R60F, R500F, T61, T410
Collecting dust: T60
Enjoying retirement: A31p, T42p,
Non-ThinkPads: Panasonic CF-31 & CF-52, HP 8760W
Starting Thursday, 08/14/2014 I'll be away from the forums until further notice. Please do NOT send private messages since I won't be able to read them. Thank you.

Similar Messages

• Rescue & Recovery blue screen on T60 with XP and SSD

Hi everyone.
    On my T60 (2008-VPT) with Windows XP SP3, I installed an SSD (Verbatim 240 GB). I've done a clone of the old HD on the new SSD and than I installed it on the T60.
    All is fine, but when I try to do a backup with Rescue & Recovery 4.23, after 1 hour BLUE SCREEN appair.
    With the paging file the message was KERNEL_STACK_INPAGE_ERROR, I set No paging file, but another time blue screen, without precedente message but only with code error 0x000000F4 (0x00000003, 0x898E9DA0, 0x898E9F14, 0x805D22AA).
    Any Idea?
    Thank's a lot for your help
    Fabrizio
    Solved!
    Go to Solution.

Hi
    Welcome to Lenovo Community
    Please try to uninstall the Rescue & Recovery  then reinstall the same
    And try backup again
    Hope This Helps
    Cheers!!!

• T60 Type 2623 Blue Screen on Resume from Sleep Mode problem solved - XP Pro

I hope that this post ends some frustrations for some people.
    I hope that IBM deals with this issue by getting ATI to fix the video driver issue.
    After three months of tracking down blue screens when resuming from Sleep Mode and some lockups while working, I have identified the problem on my T60 Type 2623 running Windows XP-Pro and all service packs and updates.  The Sleep Mode resume issues were intermittant and it would be fine for a day or two and then reboot on Resume or reboot every time I used Resume for a while.  For months the Blue Screen would reboot and attempt to send the message to Microsoft using the logs, but the logs were always corrupted.  I disabled every driver that I could and the problem continued for months.
    The problem solution came about when I decided to try my Rhapsody Music account after many months of not using it.  I kept getting a message about DRM (Digital Right Management) being disabled and Rhapsody software could not self-fix this.  So I finally called Rhapsody and they spent over an hour with me trying to get Rhapsody to work.  The support person asked me about my computer and I noted that it was an IBM T60.  He then asked about my Video Card and I responded that it was an ATI Mobility Radeon X1300.  After a few minutes on hold he asked about my driver version which was 8.442.3-080103a1-057754C the set from January 31, 2008.  He noted that there is a known problem wit the 8.4 driver and it interferes with DRM.  He had me go to control panel Settings and Hardware and then roll-back the driver to the prior version.
    After a reboot, the DRM issue was solved and I soon discovered that my resume from Sleep mode no longer crashed.  In fact it has been fine and crash free for over a month now.  I have noted that the older driver can sometimes resize my screen to something like 600 X 800 if I close the lid under certain circumstances, but that is just a function key reset to get my normal desktop resolution back.  At least it is not a blue screen reboot with a corrupted log file.
    Message Edited by retro74 on 07-05-2008 08:50 AM
    Solved!
    Go to Solution.

Unfortunately I could not fix the problem so I wiped my system and loaded all new drivers before I found this posting.
    Is there a way to get the old ATI driver that works? The only one available on the ATI and Lenovo website is the latest one with the problem. I agree with you David, Lenovo should have fixed this problem already with ATI.
    John

• T60 Blue Screen.. Help Please

I just got a used IBM Thinkpad Lenovo T60. It seemed fine when i first started using it. When i tried to listen to music or watch a video though i found out that my sound wasnt working so I tried updating sound drivers and even updating bios. Still I couldnt find out the resolution. After doing a few updates I started to get a blue screen saying that my "Hard Drive Disk isnt connected or cannot find one". So I un-screwed the hard drive compartment and just removed it and put it back into its place. However I still get the blue screen saying that the hard drive isnt recognized. Ive tried booting a windows xp pro disc, but everytime I enter the operating system setup it says that there is no hard drive there so it cannot install.
    Specs:
    IBM ThinkPad T60
    Intel Centrino Duo Core 1.8
    1GB DDR2
    160GB HDD

Hi and welcome to the forum!
    UAA is not needed for SP3. Once downloaded and extracted, the driver needs to be installed from from C:\Drivers\Win\Audio\SETUP.EXE, which I guess you probably aren't doing.
    As for XP disc to see your HDD, you are required to change the SATA AHCI mode to Compatibility for the HDD in the BIOS first.
    Hope it helps.
    Maliha (I don't work for lenovo)
    ThinkPads:- T400[Win 7], T60[Win 7], IBM 240[Win XP]
    IdeaPad: U350
    Apple:- Macbook Air [Snow Leopard]
    Did someone help you today? Compliment them with a Kudos!
    Was your question answered today? Mark it as an Accepted Solution! 
      Lenovo Deutsche Community     Lenovo Comunidad en Español 
    Visit my YouTube Channel

• Blue screen shutdown in t60

my t60 automatically shuts down whenever a new software is installed ....what is the prob?   can i rectify this ?

The blue screen of death (BSOD) can sometimes be the result of conflicting or outdates drivers, firmware, and BIOS.  Have you made sure your PC has up to date drivers, firmware and BIOS by checking with the PC manufacturer's website? 
    B-rock

• Blue Screen on shutdown/restart with Lenovo T60

I have a Lenovo T60 and for the past 6 weeks on shut down/restart I get the blue screen message with a Stop 0x0000008E, update Bios.  On defragmentation, there is a snap-in error.
    Here's what I've done so far: all drivers have been checked and updated (no errors), defragmented the hard drive, all spyware/virus checks have been done, a memory test was done and no problems were found, and there is no new hardware or software installed.  Computer is current on its updates.  
    Yet, every time I shut down or restart, I get the blue screen error with the previously mentioned message.  
    Did anybody else have this problem?  How did you fix it?  Any ideas?

This is a very weird BSOD indeed. I did check a few things for you and Microsoft recommends updating the service pack and replacing the RAM. See this link:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315335
    I know that you ran the memory test, but did you actually swap the memory modules out? Also, are you able to run Windows in safe mode? If you can get in safe mode, you might be able to use "System Restore" to roll back your registry settings to an earlier date before before you started having problems with this BSOD.
    Hopefully this will get you started. If you need additional assistance you're more than welcome to let us know.
    Mark
     Do NOT PM me with technical issues. Post in the forum for assistance. Thanks

• T60: Abort with Blue Screen (After Lenova Update)-- 79ETE0WW (2.20)

All
    I need Urgent help. I run Lenova updates and it downloaded BIOS update 2.2 79ETE0WW. Plus other Driver Updates. After that I started gettin BLUE Screen Errors.
    I have updated ATI Driver also.
    STOP 0x0000007F (0x00000000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)
    Any Hint how should start solving this.
    I have XP SP 2
    PG
    Message Edited by i080927 on 02-15-2008 07:22 AM

007India,
    You are wise to do research in advance of any major purchase.   Regardless of manufacturer , be it Lenovo, Acer, Dell, or HP, people tend to post their problems to the internet rather than their successes.  How many people take time to post everyday saying "everything is going great!" ?
    Yes, there has been a lot of discussion about blue screen issues.  Some caused by turbo memory drivers, and if you check the forum there are updates and fixes for that.  Some could be OS related, and some may relate to specific drivers.
    Some of your broad assertions, like being forced to use only a single Dimm, are perhaps a bit over generalized.  The issue you are referencing is related only to the T61P model, and there is no limitation to only using one memory module.  Some customers have discussed lockups while gaming in 3D games with dual dimms, but service has been able to resolve these when noted.  We are finalizing our investigation on this issue and resulting resolution.  There are no similar issues with rest of the T series, or any X or R series systems.
    The choice of whether to apply updates is certainly up to the individual.
    Yes, there are stories posted about customer service, but I would suggest that you count them, and consider them against the hundreds of thousands of customers WW.   Again, people tend to post about the exceptions or the problems rather than saying everything is just fine.  We do work to resolve issues when they arise.
    Once again, I think you are wise to thoroughly evaluate products you are interested in, and the companies that produce them ahead of making your purchase.   I hope you are pleased with whichever system you purchase.
    Best regards
    ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
    Mark Hopkins
    Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
    twitter @lenovoforums
    English Community   Deutsche Community   Comunidad en Español   Русскоязычное Сообщество

• Blue Screen - Wireless Driver for T60

I am getting a blue screen at intermittent times, all with the error athr.sys, which from what I can tell involves the driver from Atheros for the internal wireless card.  I'm getting real fed up with this problem and how often it comes up!  What and where is the fix for this problem?  If it's unknown, where can I get downlevel drivers which didn't give me a problem for the entire first year I owned this machine?
    Thanks,
    McAustin

I'm with you there Koenfucious!  I used to work in IBM support and know all to well about if ain't broke don't fix it. 
    The problem I had, is it was broke, which is why I reloaded the entire computer.  I figured it must be something not playing well with another software package; generally known in my time as the fallback when everything else fails.  Today it seems like it's the first thing they tell you to do anymore.  Don't spend time troubleshooting, just reload it all and you will be fine. 
    The good news is the driver I found on another site seems to be holding just fine.  By now I would have had at least one failure.  I'm going on 9 hours now without a failure and still counting. 
    One of the links I looked into from my Google search was a site that wanted me to join to download drivers.  They ran a free scan and showed me several items that were not up to date.  So I ran the ThinkVantage Update program and it told me I was up to date on everything.  I was quite surprised to see that!  Fortunately, another link gave me the web address to download the file to try.  I was pretty desparate at this point so I got the file and installed it.  Couldn't hurt me any worse than I already was!
    With the new driver I'm seeing exceptional speeds!  Previous to this driver, when it worked I would get about 1900 - 2100 kbps on a download.  With the new driver I'm getting in excess of 3000kbps consistently!  Now, if I can just make it through the night and into tomorrow without a blue screen.  If I do, I'll call this one fixed.

• Thinkpad T60 Blue Screening when Idle. CSRSS.exe probable cause

Hi All,
    I have a customer who leaves his computer on at work overnight and has received blue screens every night when he leaves his laptop.  Once he reboots, the laptop is fine until he leaves it idle again. 
    The bugcheck is BugCheck F4, {3, 86b9cab8, 86b9cc2c, 805d164c} and the probable cause is csrss.exe as noted in the minidump ( I still have to load symbols for the debug).
    I have updated bios and all necessary drivers and it still blue screens.  Any idea why this BSOD is still occurring?
    Any information is appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Phil

• Blue screen and restart / ThinkPad T40 2373-94G Windows 7 and 32MB ATI Radeon 9000

Hello !
    I'm having a lot of trouble with video driver for windows 7 for ati radeon 9000.
    There is no driver for windows 7 and I tryed with driver for winXP, ... etc and didnt find any solution . 
    Actually driver for windows xp actually works on windows 7, but as soon as I tried to open any application or game I got blue screen with error and computer reboots...
    Thank you for any information or solution !
    My computer is : 
    Product: ThinkPad T40 2373-94G [change]
    Operating system: Windows 7 [change]
    Original description: P M 1.6GHz, 512MB RAM, 80GB 4200rpm HDD, 14.1 SXGA+(1400x1050) TFT LCD, 32MB ATI Radeon 9000, 16x10x24x/8x CD-RW/DVD(slim), Bluetooth/Modem, 1Gb Ether, Intel 802.11b , Sec Chip, UltraNav, 9 cell Batt, WinXP Pro

Welcome to the forum!
    As I'm sure you know by know, your GPU is not supported in W7.
    That being said, take a look at this thread:
    http://forum.thinkpads.com/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=77964
    Good luck.
    Cheers,
    George
    Starting Thursday, 08/14/2014 I'll be away from the forums until further notice. Please do NOT send private messages since I won't be able to read them. Thank you.

• Help!!! T61 Blue Screen--unmountable boot volume-- error code 0000: Read verification failed

My computer is T61 (8891CT), but Blue Screen came out and reported--unmountable boot volume.  I ran the diagnostic program and got the error code 0000: Read verification failed. I can’t run anything now including the restore and rescue.  Has the hard drive died?
    If the hard drive has died, I have to change the hard drive, but how to transfer the system (I don’t have any CD) and think vantage software? Thank you very much for you help.

Hi equalefk,
    Yes, definitely sounds like it's time to replace the HDD.
    Hope it helps.
    Visit my YouTube Channel

• T60p Blue Screen

Hi,
    I am running a t60p that I downgraded to XP SP3.
    If I do demanding tasks the crash Blue Screen IRQL_DRIVER_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL appears regularly.
    Technical Information :
    0x000000A (0x01000110, 0x00000002, 0x00000001, 0x80517902)
    sometimes (but not always) it displays that the file ati2dvag.exe causes the crash.
    I reinstalled 2 times the OS, I now updated to the latest XP and Lenovo drivers through Windows Update and ThinkVantage SystemUpdate, I just reinstalled the ATI FireGL 5200 Driver in safe mode but still, the computer crashes by tasks that my old T41 was able to solve without problems, like YouTube videos, GoogleEarth, Tab Browsing with Google Maps zooming, etc...
    It somehow seems to be linked with the ThinkVantage PowerManager, when I uninstall it it is better for a while, but the problem comes back again.
    Anyone experienced and solved a similar problem?
    Thanks in advance.

Did you update your drivers using ThinkVantage Update? If you get BSOD with up to date drivers, could indicate a hardware issue.
    ThinkPad Z61t - T7200|3 GB|GMA 950|640 GB MomentusLP|WXGA|XP Pro X 2 (2nd one has 750 GB Scorpio Black)
    ThinkPad T60 - T2400|3 GB|GMA 950|500 GB Scorpio Black|SXGA+|XP Pro
    ThinkPad X200t - SL9400|4 GB|X4500|Intel X25-M 80 GB G1|WXGA|XP Tablet

• T60p with Win 7 32: blue screen

I installed Win 7 32 bit on a T60p.
    The problem is that randomly I get a blue screen, and I'm not able to read the cause of the crash (too fast).
    I downloaded and installed all the Win 7 drivers available on the Lenovo site; I downloades and installed the Windows updates.
    The question is: how can I discover where is the problem? Is there a place where I can find the drivers up to date for T60p in Win 7 32 bit?
    Thanks in advance
    Occam
    600, R52, T61p, X301
    Solved!
    Go to Solution.

Hi Occam,
    If you want to stop it from flashing away and find the complete error code then do this. Click on Start, then right click on My Computer -> Properties -> Advanced, under Start up and Recovery click the Settings. Thereafter, under system failure uncheck 'Automatic System Restart'.
    You can also install BlueScreenView to do this:- http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html
    Hope it helps.
    Visit my YouTube Channel

• Help ! Blue Screen Lenovo T61 (6457)

hi,
    I receive a blue screen with the next error:
    UMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME
    and:
    *** STOP: 0X000000ED (0x8A73D4B8,0xC0000006,0x00000000, 0x00000000)
    The operating system is XP.
    Please advice what to do ?
    Thanks,
    Doron
    Solved!
    Go to Solution.

There's a HDD diagnostic utility in BIOS.
    Press F1 on boot to enter BIOS, and then run it on your hard drive.
    Good luck.
    Cheers,
    George

• Windows Blue Screen Error Message Appears As Soon As IPod Connected

Everytime I connect my IPod to my computer, I get the Windows Blue Screen error message. Thought it was the cable, so plugged cable in by itself. No problem. Uninstalled IPod and ITunes software and then plugged in IPod, still got the Blue Screen. The Blue Screen says something about "recent plugged in device problem". It is not the cable, it must be the IPod. Did not have this problem when I bought it. Tried it on labtop and get the same error message. I can't do updater or anything that requires me to plug the IPod into a computer because the Blue Screen appears immediately. When I unplug, the Blue Screen remains and locks up the computer so I have to restart each time. I have tried everything I can think of. Please help.

Hi Mike thank you for replying,
    I am not able to start the computer in safe mode, safe mode with networking, last good known configuration etc, Each time it quickly blue screens and restarts about two secs into the process.
    I was unable to try a clean OS install from the disk as it gave the blue screen error shown in the original post. The same thing happened when I tried to use the repair option on the XP home disc. So i can't get into the computer at all to start diagnosing the fault, the only clue I have is the error message, and after searching the internet I haven't found much enlightenment from that yet.
    If you can help me out or suggest where to search it would be much appreciated.
    Thx

Maybe you are looking for