Bluetoooth inexistant on T510 and T530

I own 2 laptops T510 and T530.
I looked in the Bios menu at startup (F1) under security IO access and there is no entry for BLUETOOTH.
The word bluetooth is not written anywhere in that list.
Fn + F5 gives a menu do enable disable only wireless LAN there is no bluetooth.
I see NO bluetooth led on either laptop when I boot it and no icon on the plastic either.
I think these laptops do NOT have bluetooth.
However i read a bunch of similar post on this forum. Did Lenovo stop putting bluetooth in some T510 T530 laptops ? 
Solved!
Go to Solution.

Hey there oneginee,
It looks like Bluetooth was available in some model types of T530 and not in others, for instance it looks like the 2392 model type did have a Bluetooth option while the 2359 did not. This was most likely due to what configuration options were available, as well as slots. Currently, the T530 does have a Bluetooth option in the shop menu.
The T510 was also this way, the Bluetooth option was available in some model types but not all.
If you are looking to add Bluetooth to one of your machines, there are some very handy adapters and dongles for Bluetooth that many users have recommended here on the forums.
I hope this helps, Thanks oneginee.
Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution".! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Similar Messages

• T510 (and T410) left palmrest creak video

Hey folks,
    I remember someone asking for a video demonstrating the left-side palmrest creak on a T410 and/or T510, and to the best of my knowledge, nobody has posted one yet.  So I tried to capture it earlier today.
    Here's the youtube link:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIV3y-ho8_w
    ThinkPad T510 : i5-540M : 8GB PC-10600 : 500GB 7200rpm : 15.6" HD+ : Intel 6300 : Win7 Pro 64 : 9Cell
    Ordered 2/Feb/2010 : Shipped 22/Feb/2010 : Received 3/Mar/2010

Hi all,
    lead,_org´s suggestion is right,  I would second that.
    Here´s a link to video tutorials regarding opening your system, you would not loose warranty.
    I had to adjust my keyboard with a little tip of tape too.
    Some times just reseating the palm rest should help, also.
    Lenovo Service and Support Training
    Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter! Try the forum search, before first posting: Forum Search Option
    Please insert your type, model (not S/N) number and used OS in your posts.
    I´m a volunteer here using New X1 Carbon, ThinkPad Yoga, Yoga 11s, Yoga 13, T430s,T510, X220t, IdeaCentre B540.
    TIP: If your computer runs satisfactorily now, it may not be necessary to update the system.
     English Community       Deutsche Community       Comunidad en Español

• Diff between T510 and T710

Hi Experts,
    Sorry for raising this question though there are many thread on this. but i would like to understand the significant of these entries. hence i am raising again.
    in which scenario business use T510 table for salary and T710, i know T710 is used for salary ranges, why T510? any example.
    is it possible to use both?
    through IT1005, we can default the payscale group and level in IT0008 for T710, is it possible to default the same in IT0008 for T510 too?
    Thanks
    Sri

Hi Sri,
    The report RPIPSR00 works with the entries in T510 and in V_T510_PSRCL to determine "automatic" or "step-rate" increases.  These are changes in pay due after a specific length of time in grade and not dependent on performance.
    First you set up the pay grades and amounts in T510 - say Grade 4 Level 0 = $10.00, Level 1 = $10.50, Level 2 = $11.00, Level 3 = $11.75 Level 4 = $12.75.
    In V_T510_PSRCL you would enter Grade 4 Level 0 with a period of 3 months to Grade 4 Level 1.  Then enter Grade 4 Level 1 with a period of 6 months to Level 2.  Grade 4 Level 2 with 9 months to Level 3 and then Grade 4 level 3 with 12 months to Grade 4 Level 4. 
    Then you could run RPIPSR00 daily, weekly or just before Payroll is run to pick up the employees who meet the time requirements in each of the Grade 4 levels. If run today (April 1st), John Doe who started at Level 0 on January 1st, would now move to Level 1 pay.  Jane Smith has been at Level 1 since October 1st would now move to Level 2 pay.  The IT0008-Basic Pay would be updated by the report for each individual.
    So this is neat functionality and there are several other options for across the board increases when using T510.  But as Reddy suggests, if using ECM you may want to use T710.  Up to you and you can utilize both if necessary.  The step rates could use T510 while salaried employees' pay grades are from T710, if they will be using ECM to determine pay increases.
    Please note - there is a difference in IT0008-Basic Pay.  If using T510 the Remuneration Type is Pay Scale.  If using T710, the Remuneration Type is Salary.  Set by using Edit --> Change remuneration type and via Feature TARIF.
    Paul

• Lync 2013 basic crashing on T520 and T530?

We use SCCM to deploy our machines and with the Thinkpad's T520 and T530 having the Intel HD 3000 or 4000 graphical card the application is crashing without reason
    When we use Teamviewer in a remote session Lync is working fine. How come and how can we solve this?

Peer to peer or 1-on-1 chatting send the audio peer to peer (not through the server).  When you add another participant, the audio then flows through an A/V Conferencing Server (assuming you're running 2010 server per the forum you posed in, this is
    often the same as your front end pool).  This sounds like a port restriction or connectivity issue. 
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg398833(v=ocs.14).aspx
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg425891.aspx
    If not that, then check your conferencing configuration (are you hosting?), ensure you're not muted, try from a different machine. 
    Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote As Helpful" and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer".
    SWC Unified Communications

• T430 and t530 pricing

Hi,
    I was just on Lenovo's shopping website and am wondering why the T430 and T530 both start at exactly the same price (779 USD) with the same hardware. However, the T530 is obviously wider, heavier, and has a larger screen, so one would expect for the T530 to cost slightly more. This makes me wonder: does the T430 have a slighty better and stronger chassis than the T530, or are there any cost cutting methods done on the T530? It simply doesn't make sense to price both at the same starting price when one seems to use more material than the other. Thanks.
    -Brian
    My Thinkpads: T42 (GPU failure), T60, W530
    W530: Windows 7 Pro | i7-3720qm | FHD screen | 256gb Samsung 840 Pro SSD | 500GB Ultrabay HDD | 16gb Crucial RAM | Nvidia K1000m

Heh. As an owner of T530 and L430, I can assure you that there is a chance you'll experience some problems with the chassis. Creaking around touchpad, bending on one side of the palmrest area and as far as T530 goes, you'll definitely notice wobbly area between Expresscard slot and SD card reader. Although my L430 spent a few days at EZ-Serv (due to WiFi adapter issues) and although it has been opened and then put back together, I am still disappointed because I'm experiencing significant creaking between upper part and lower part of the L430's body (on both sides of the palmrest area). As far as T530 goes, right side of the palmrest area is not "hanging to" the rest of the chassis as it should (I can definitely notice some bending and creaking) and as time goes by (6 months) I've also noticed that area below the touchpad is also very, very flimsy. Also, area around volume +/-, mute mic/speakers buttons is extremely poorly made. So, to make the looong story short. It's up to you. Larger screen or a smaller one. Also, not sure if T430 has a i7 Quad option (just i7 Dual Core). But having in mind Lenovo is clearly experiencing some shortage of i7 Quad processors for the T series, that shouldn't be a problem.
    T530: i7-3630QM, 4 GB DDR3-1600, NVS 5400M, 2x 500GB 7200RPM, 9-cell, HD+ 1600x900, Backlit US, WinXP Pro
    L430: i3-2370M, 4 GB DDR3-1600, HD 3000, 320GB 7200RPM, 6-cell, HD 1366 x 768, Win7 Home Premium 64-bit

• T410/T510 and Dual Displays

I'm looking at the T410 or T510 for my wife for her business.  I wanted to try and set her up with dual displays (either the laptop LCD itself plus one display or two physical displays.  Is there anything I need to be aware of in regards to a dock solution or a discrete graphics card if I'm thinking of dual displays?
    Solved!
    Go to Solution.

1) the integrated only option supports a max of 2 display by itself, so either 2 external LCD and no internal LCD. Or 1 external and 1 internal.
    2) the optimus nvidia gpu supports up to 4 LCD.
    Regards,
    Jin Li
    May this year, be the year of 'DO'!
    I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft

• T510 and windows 7 licence

Hello
    I've got ThinkPad T510 with win7 x64 pro licence.
    I've cleared HDD completely in order to install fresh Windows and now I need my serial number for the licence I've payed for along with my laptop.
    Short investigation and call to support showed it's not gonna happen as Lenovo doesn't provide me with my license number.
    The only option they provide it forcing me to buy recovery disc for about ~90$, but I think I've already payed for licence and I just need my licence number, no need any discs or anything else.
    How can I get my licence number back?
    Where can I request for resolving the issue?
    Thanks in advance.

@dykzei,
    Welcome To Lenovo Forums.
    Remove the T510 battery behind and you should be able to see the Windows License sticker.
    //JameZ
    Check out the Community Knowledge Base for hints and tips.
    Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
    If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
    X240 | 8GB RAM | 512GB Samsung SSD

• Color Sensor and T530 will it work?

Hey guys,
    I just had to replace my palmrest on my T530 and the new palmrest has the color sensor built into it. I am wondering if it will work on my T530. Windows didn't seem to detect it but would I need to load the software first and would the software for the W530 install on my T530? Thanks for any help.

I've been trying to figure out the same thing.  Anybody have any suggestions?

• My T510 and needs service under IWS

Hi everyone,
    I am traveling in Portugal and I need urgent service for my T510 (4113-CTO). I checked Lenovo's website for service providers in this country and found the names of two companies that purportedly provide some kind of service but I was taken aback by the fact they are NOT Lenovo certified;  instead, they are listed simply as "Retailers". One of the companies is named BASE2 and the second one is PROLOGICA.  They are both located in Lisbon.
    Short of calling them and asking them directly, which may not be the best way to get the facts, can someone confirm that these are in fact legitimate and trustworthy service providers on Lenovo's service network?  I mean, if I bring my T510 to their premises for this repair, is this potentially going to have an impact on my warranty status? Does anyone know who are the "official" Lenovo service representatives for this country?
    All thoughts on this matter will be much appreciated.
    Thanks. 

Hi richk,
    Thanks for your reply.  Phone numbers is just part of the problem. There are five or six different phone numbers in different pages of Lenovo's website.
    Like I said, I could call, that's not the question. Problem is, since I'm not sure about their real "status" with Lenovo, if I just send or drop the machine at their shop just to find, afterwards, that my warranty has been invalidated because of "unauthorized" repairs?
    This is the issue I'm dealing with.

• T510 and Windows 7 validation

Did anyone else have their T510 delivered without a Genuine Windows sticker on the bottom?
    Mine didn't come with one. Windows 7 activation fails (always did). Today, Windows gives a message that my version is not genuine, and cannot be activated using the Product ID already loaded in Windows. I've had my T510 for about a month, and the new hard drive for most of that time.
    Did this happen because I used ThinkVantage Rescue & Recovery to upgrade my hard drive?
    Solved!
    Go to Solution.

Sure enough I too have had my laptop for about a month and the error came up for me too today? I see the number under the battery but I am not sure where I need to enter it? This is going to be a pain if it needs to be done all of the time?
    Thinkpad T510-4313 CTO | Core i7 620M 2.66 GHz | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA 3100m 512 MB | 15.6 inch LED HD Plus | Windows 7 Ultimate 64 | 1- TB (2-500 GB 7200rpm) Hard Drive |

• T510 and USB 3.0

Does the T510 have USB 3.0? Do any Lenovo laptops comes with it yet?
    Thinkpad T510-4313 CTO | Core i7 620M 2.66 GHz | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA 3100m 512 MB | 15.6 inch LED HD Plus | Windows 7 Ultimate 64 | 1- TB (2-500 GB 7200rpm) Hard Drive |
    Solved!
    Go to Solution.

No on both cases. Intel deleted it from their latest chipset before releasing it, so expect on next generation,not this generation.
    T61p, T400
    formerly x23, x40

• Using T510 for the 1st time and finger print reader

I am preparing for the delivery of my Lenovo T510 and when you use it the first time, what are the procedures, set by step, and at what point and how do you set up the finger point reader please.

Hello mate,
    On the task bar you have a laptop icon call Lenovo Think. click there and then click on Lenovo Thinkvantage Tools. In here you have all the Thinkvantage softwares in the computer. Just clic on Fingerprint Reader to open it.
    The fingerprint reader can be use to power on the computer you need to specify a windows password to use it.
    you can put a BIOS password and you use fingerprint instead.
    Make the restore disks as soon as possible. To create them follow the steps above and click on Factory Recovery Disks instead.
    Changing the boot order is just a setting in the BIOS you can do that at any time.
    No you don't have to install Norton or Office 2010. If it's already installed you can uninstall them from the control panel>programs and features.
    Knowledge is of two kinds. We know a subject ourselves, or we know where we can find information on it.
    ThinkPad T510 4313-CTO Windows 8 x64 - Intel Core i7-620M - NVIDIA NVS 3100M - 8GB RAM - 240GB SSD- Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300 - Gobi 2000.
    ThinkPad Helix 3697-CTO Windows 8.1 x64 - Intel Core i7-3667U - Intel HD Graphics 4000 - 8GB RAM- 256GB SSD - Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6205 - Ericsson C5621gw

• Solved: Attention T510 owners: Audio / sound volume goes up and down

Hi all,
    I am a new owner of a T510, and have discovered the audio goes up and down when listening to music through the speakers, running on battery. I would like to get in contact with other T510 owners, who can test if their unit has the same problem - try this:
    1. Check all the settings in the SmartAudio control panel (using the newest driver) - making sure no EQ is set, nor VOIP settings or anything like that.
    2. Check that no plugin was loaded in the sound control options (I am using Windows 7, 32 bit).
    Now try and play this youtube song, and listen to the volume at around 40 seconds when the lead singer begins - does your audio volume go up and then down again when he stops? If you listen to the complete song, it goes up and down some more times.
    Link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Wz09yHXheU
    /Kenneth
    Edit  #1:
    I can unfortunately now add, that the problem is also there when using the AC adapter. It is so **bleep** annoying the volume fluctuates, and it is VERY easy to hear on the above link. Hoping to hear from other T510 users what their findings is. For information I can tell I am using the power plan called "Maximum Performance", in the power manager from Lenovo. The T510 model is a 4349-4JG.
    /Kenneth
    Edit #2:
    I have now had time to test it some more, using another HDD (didnt want to reinstall windows on my SSD, hehe) - and can hereby say that it seems to be a bug in the audio driver / SmartAudio control panel. Clean Windows 7, 32 bit, has the problems - but when you disable the VOIP function in the Smart Audio control panel, the problem disappears (actually it was just the VOIP function that was active before). If you then try to enable the VOIP function again, the "problem" does not come back (hence the bug comes into action now). After this test, I put my SSD back into the laptop, and tried to mess with the VOIP functions (again, had already tried to mess with it), and it did not do anything (hence the bug is active now). Therefore I reinstalled the audio driver - tried to check if the problem was there, it was. Then I did the same procedure as on the other HDD, tried to disable the VOIP (before I installed anything else and such!), and the problem is now gone. And the result now is that when I try and enable the VOIP function again, the problem does not come back (hence the bug is now active) = me happy
    In short terms:
    The bug can either have the VOIP enabled and you can not disable it, or it can be the other way around - it cant be enabled. To "turn" the bug around, reinstall the audio driver :-)
    /Kenneth

Hi,
    Ive been having this problem with my Compaq CQ60-615DX for almost a year now. When im listening to music I can hear the audio going up and down through it. One sec itll be loud and  the next its like the audio being turned down (but the volume bar does not move). I also have SmartAudio with the Conexant High Definition. So, I see that you have figured it out. Ive tried to understand what you said but im not very literate with computers. Could you explain how to stop it step by step? I would appreciate it. Thanks.

• T510/520 Drive Bay Adapter III and SSD compatibility

Hi,
    I would like to use a Drive Bay Adapter III with some SSD as second drive on my T510 and T520 (I would switch it between those two laptops, use it to transfer data and so on). Are there any compatibility issues out there? Should I avoid certain SSD controllers or is it perfectly the same if I go for Sandforce or Marvell or any other?
    Thank you.
    Solved!
    Go to Solution.

Hello flashheart:
    The Drive Bay Adapter III or Ultrabay adaptor (#0A65623) would replace the optical drive, which you probably are already aware of. There should not be any compatibility issues with either of those controllers but I have read many instances in the forum that the Sandforce controller is probably the fastest.
    Some more information on the adapter:
    ThinkPad 12.7mm Serial ATA Hard Drive Bay Adapter III
    Was this or another post on the forum helpful? Click the star on the left side of the screen to give kudos! Did someone solve a problem you encountered? Mark it as "solution provided" to help others with the same problem.

• Dock for quad core T530

I have 9 months old T530 2359CTO with 3740QM, 8G RAM and full HD screen. 
    It has 170W big power supply brick
    When I called Lenovo to buy a docking station, they told me to go to Ebay or Newegg, that they do not make them anymore.
    On the compatibility spreadsheet I found that only this dock would work
    ThinkPad Mini Dock Plus Series 3 with USB 3.0 - 170W (U.S., Canada AC Power Adapter) 433835U
    Is somebody using other docks like 433815U or 433715U or 433710U with t530?
    Some posts indicate that it is physically possible, as long as I use my 170W power supply.
    Please advice.
    Solved!
    Go to Solution.

Since you have 135 watts power adapter, you can use all three docks. However to note, 433710U is the old version of the dock for the T510 and T520, which supports eSATA and not the USB 3.0 of the later dock (the T530 won't able to use the eSATA port).
    Also, the ThinkPad T530 is shipped with 135 watts adapter, not the 170 watts adapter like on the W530.
    Regards,
    Jin Li
    May this year, be the year of 'DO'!
    I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft

Maybe you are looking for