Can I replace my original LED control card to inverter card in T500

I bought my T500 half years ago.  It is WXGA 1280*800 with LED backlight.  However, I want to upgrade the screen to WSXGA+, which is 1680*1080, unfortunately, the WSXGA+ works with inverter card.  My question is , can I replace my original LED control card by inverter card?
part number of those 2 are
LED control:  42W8080/ 42W8081 /42W802 ( I do not remember the exact same )
Inverter card: 41W1338
Thanks
Sean 

Welcome to the forum!
The answer to your question is "no".
Cheers,
George
In daily use: R60F, R500F, T61, T410
Collecting dust: T60
Enjoying retirement: A31p, T42p,
Non-ThinkPads: Panasonic CF-31 & CF-52, HP 8760W
Starting Thursday, 08/14/2014 I'll be away from the forums until further notice. Please do NOT send private messages since I won't be able to read them. Thank you.

Similar Messages

• How can i check the original led display parts serial number on my macbook white

How can i check the original led display parts serial number on my macbook white based on my mabook serial number?
    and if i have defective lcd (no display and lcd flex removed) How can i use an external Monitor using display port, What is the possible problem that even i connect my Monitor using mini display port to vga adaptor it has no display.

Have tried 3 new dvd's same responce. On the MacBook, when new DVD was put in the drive, it showed in on the desktop so files could be moved across by right click and move, now its a file DVD.fpbf and after I moved a movie to burn I got error code 0x80020063?

• Can I replace my 802.11b Aitport card ?

Can I replace the older 802.11b Airport card in my Titanium G4,OSX 10.3.x, with a newer "g" or "n" card so that it will connect to a new netgear router? And where should I go to purchase one if it's possible?

Can I replace the older 802.11b Airport card in my Titanium G4,OSX 10.3.x, with a newer "g" or "n" card so that it will connect to a new netgear router?
    Any compatible 802.11g or 802.11n cards will be PC Cards or external components such as the AeroPad mini. The internal 802.11b card isn't upgradable.
    (55221)

• Can I replace my original Apple ID with a different one?

I just retired from teaching. My original Apple ID is my school email address. Now that I'm retired I'd like to use my personal email account as my ID. If I replace the original ID with the new one, will  I have access to everything that was associated with my original ID?  Thank you in advance for the help.

Change AppleID - https://appleid.apple.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/MyAppleId.woa/  then > Manage Your Account
    To continue to change it for iTunes:
    Select the iTunes store in iTunes.
    Click the account name at top right, sign out then sign back in.
    Apple ID Support - http://www.apple.com/support/appleid/  -> Apple ID FAQ http://support.apple.com/kb/HE37
    Yes, changing an ID will still give you access to previous purchases, making a new account with new ID will not.

• How can I replace ADM Radeon HD 3450 card in Pavilion dv7

In my HP Pavilion dv7 1110 ed is installed ADM mobility Radeon HD 3450 videographic card.
    since 2 weeks ago i got all of a sudden a black screen.
    When i looked over in google i find out that the most predictable problem must be at the chip on this video card.
    So what i want to know is who can show me how i could replace this videocard from my laptop and what kind of better video card should i assemble.??

You're very welcome, John.
    I agree that most of us would not want to do that complex job ourselves.
    My advice would be to purchase a new notebook at this point because even if an expert works on it, if they don't do it for free, it will cost a lot of $$ to repair.
    I only use HP business notebooks, so I am not familiar with consumer models -- which one of those to recommend to you.
    A low end business notebook with a 17" screen would be the HP ProBook 4740s.
    http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/me/en/sm/WF06a/321957-321957-64295-3955552-3955552-5229498.html?dnr=1
    And here is a review...
    http://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-HP-ProBook-4740s-Notebook.84313.0.html
    My newest business notebook I own is a HP Elitebook 6930p (which has the same video as the one that died on yours).
    You have a great weekend too!
    Paul

• Can I replace my original 4gb memory?

I am upgrading the memory on my IMac 3.2 GHZ Intel Core I3. I am instrallingan additional 8gb . My computer will have 12GB. My question is if I can removed the original 4gb and replace it with 8GB, thus giving a total of 16gb.
    Thank you

If your iMac allows that much memory, yes, sure. But they should be a matched pair, 8+8.

• Replacing a Traditional Motion Control Card with a Small PC with Softmotion

Hi,
    I'm totally new to Softmotion. So my questions might be very naive.
    Anyway, we are currently using a Deltatau motion controller with three motor drives. The drives are all linear type and the motion controller provides the commutation. The motion controller is kind of expensive, a few $k. So I'm thinking, if it is possible to use a small embedded PC for a few $$$ and load it with the Softmotion software and control the drives.
    So a few questions:
    1) Can the Softmotion perform decoding if I connect the A/B encoder signal to the digital I/O of the embedded PC?
    2) Can the Softmotion perform commutation and output the A/B signals with DAC?
    3) I assume connecting the limit switches to the I/O should be no problem for the Softmotion to pickup.
    4) What is the cost of the Softmotion per copy?
    Anyway, those are my questions today. Is there anybody who might have done it this wya before?
    Thanks,
    Jay

Hi Jay,
    Take a look at this tutorial for acquiring a basic knowledge of what the software can do, but more important, what hardware setup you need to do this tasks.
    There are several approaches (CompactRIO, PCI, PXI) but fundamentally NI handles 3 types of signals (CCW, CW which are Direction & step. Plus a drive enable) that we use for controlling motor drives. If your drive accepts these signals we could say you could potentially use NI products to interface with it.
    I encourage you to talk to one of our local sales engineers for more information.
    Alejandro | Academic Program Engineer | National Instruments

• How can I replace the original HP software (not OS) on laptop modified from Vista 32 to Win7 Pro 32?

Product:  HP G60-235DX laptop purchased several years ago with Vista.
    I finally went from Vista 32 to Windows 7 Pro 32 bit using the custom install function on a disk for use in refurbishing a computer.  All went well except now when I go to the HP website for driver updates, etc. it recognizes my laptop with the Win7 OS but nothing ever comes up on the list.  How can I get this to work? 
    Also, I would like to be able to get the HP Support software back onto this laptop so I can allow the program to run and automatically update drivers, etc.
    Where can I get a copy of the Lightscribe software for the DVD/CD RW?
    The original Vista recovery partition appears to exist but not sure what I can recover off of that without messing up my Windows 7 installation.
    Any help would be appreciated.

When I open your link on my Android tablet I can see everything. I'll try this link in the morning on my laptop. When I went to this area earlier today it insisted on looking for my computer and wouldn't list anything. Maybe your link allows me to avoid that issue. Thanks. I'll post results.

• I have a HP Pavilion dv4 2145dx laptop. Can I replace its original battery for a 12 cells battery?

The current battery is not working propertly. It is supposed to be a 6 cells battery, but I have heard that a 12 cells battery last much longer. Would you recommend doing that change? what battery should I buy that for sure will fit my laptop? Thanks

Seems to me that your hard drive is gonna fail soon, trying running hard drive diagnostics from the BIOS.
    HP Elite h8-1070T Intel Core i7 2600 12GB RAM AMD Radeon HD 6850 1GB Windows 8 Professional 64-bit (Gaming)
    HP DC7900CMT Intel Core 2 Duo 3Ghz 4GB RAM Windows 8 Professional 64-bit (Workstation)
    HP XW4200 Intel Pentium 4 HT 3.6GHz 4GB RAM Windows XP Professional (Home File Server)

• Can I replace my credit card with gift card?

I just got a gift card from a friend and I was just wondering if I can remove my credit card from my apple account and replace it with the iTunes card.
    WIll i i still be able to download apps?

The following has instructions on how you can use the gift card: Redeeming iTunes Gift Cards and content codes

• I'm getting my "new iPad" on Friday.  I'm replacing my original iPad (iPad 1).  Since I will not be going to the Apple store to get my iPad, can someone walk me thru what I should do to set up my new iPad on Friday?  I want to transfer my iPad 1 apps etc.

I'm getting my "new" iPad on Friday.  I'm replacing my "original" iPad (1).  Since I preordered and will be receiving my iPad directly I will not be picking it up from the Apple store, so no set up from them.  Can someone walk me thru what I must to do get my new iPad up and running.  I want to transfer my info, apps, etc. to my new iPad but I also want to pass on my old one to a family member who uses the same computer.  How shall I proceed?  Thanks!

If you want everything that's on your current iPad onto the new one, then you can first copy all purchases off the iPad to your computer's iTunes via File > Transfer Purchases. You can then backup your current iPad and restore the new iPad from that backup (a list of what is included in a backup is in this article - it excludes music, videos, synced photos). As the backup doesn't contain the actual apps, just their settings and content, for the restore to work completely you'll need all the relevant apps in your computer's iTunes library - otherwise the restore won't be able to install the apps and therefore their content (which is one reason to do File > Transfer Purchases, if that doesn't copy them over then you can re-download them for free : http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2519).
    The restore won't copy passwords onto a different device, so you will need to re-enter your email, router, and any website passwords onto the new iPad.
    Depending on what you want to remain on the iPad, you can then either leave it as it is or log out of your account on it (tap on it in Settings > Store) and then wipe it via Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content And Settings.

• I I have a late 2005 power PC G5 that I want to bring back to life.  I need to replace the original hard drive, a Maxtor 250 GB Sata.  Can I replace it with modern drives, SATA 5-6 etc?

I have a late 2005 power PC G5 that I want to bring back to life.  I need to replace the original hard drive, a Maxtor 250 GB Sata.  Can I replace it with modern drives, SATA 5-6 etc?

I knew I should never get rid of my old G5's.  By the way, there is a browser still supported for the PPC, TenFourFox, if you're not using it already.  Go to the Floodgap website (they author it)  download it for free.  The only thing it doesn't support is the Flash plugin, but the browser works great. Other video types are supported.  It's based on Firefox, and runs most of the plugins and add-ons. It's very fast, and beats all other browsers on the browser compatibility and speed test.  That's now my default on my G5's.  Firefox and Safari are no longer supported.  As far as the OS, both Tiger and Leopard were solid for me.  The reason, as I stated before, was iMovie.  The version in Tiger with iLife was far superior to what Apple changed it to.  They 'dumbed it down' for the masses.  Even the newest iLife 11 on my Mac Pro quad isn't is good, in my opinion.  So Leopard should be fine for you.  It's a much larger browser in terms of sheer megabytes and disk space, but it's fine.  As far as getting an OS disc, I'm seeing Tiger for about $45.00, Leopard for $50 - 60.00 on that famous auction site.  As far as RAM, I have 8GB in my G5 2.3, but you should check Activity Monitor when you are running your apps.  See how much green slice you have left (unused RAM).  You might find you don't need eight.  A Mac Pro will grab more free RAM than a PPC machine will.  I have a hard time maxing out use of my 8 on the PPC.  Not true with the eight on my Mac Pro.  The OS doesn't hesitate to grab and use it.  You might be OK with 6GB on your PPC. More will not make you faster, as long as you still have free RAM available.  As far as backup on your resurrected machine:  look for a firewire enabled backup if can.  Use CCC (Carbon Copy Cloner) and make a clone backup.  Next time your PPC machine wipes out the hard drive, just take your Firewire drive and plug it into another PPC machine, and you can select it as your boot drive. You'll be back and running in five minutes.  You can also take the physical drive out of your enclosure, and put it in your tower to replace the failed drive, and you'll be back to where you were in less than ten minutes, OS and all.  The PowerMac has an 800 port, so you can do the 800 on the machine to an 800 port on your backup. A firewire 800 to 800 cable is only about $8.00.  It runs nice and fast through the 800 port.  I like the OWC Mercury Extreme enclosures.  They use USB, Firewire 800, and eSATA, so all your options are open.

• X61 WWAN can I replace preinstalled card from Verison to GSM type.

Hi,
    I have a new x61 I have purchased in the USA, with a preinstalled wwan card for Verison services in the USA, however, my mobile services provider is Orange, 3G GSM system.
    My x61 model # is 7675-59U and is equipped with an auxiliary antena attached to the right side of the screen (telescopic one).
    OS Windows XP PRO, 4GB Ram (only 3 usable).
    My question is: can I change/replace the existing preinstalled Verison card (by Sierra) with another card which will work with GSM providers, I have found available, unlocked, Sierra GSM wwan cards  #MC8775 on Ebay, these are the cards listed at the Lenovo System Service Parts list.
    Will the Bios support it?
    Will the existing aux. antena support it?
    If yes, what else (beside a contract with the providers) would I need to be able to configure it and activate the services.
    Thank you!
    Avi.
    Message Edited by pandavi on 01-25-2009 03:57 PM
    Message Edited by pandavi on 01-25-2009 08:06 PM
    Message Edited by pandavi on 01-26-2009 12:26 AM
    Message Edited by pandavi on 01-26-2009 07:28 PM

I have not done this myself but based on the specs and other posts you can do this.
    If you buy a non-Lenovo aftermarket MC8775 you will need a hacked BIOS to stop the startup warning error (search for Zender).
    I don't work for Lenovo. I'm a crazy volunteer!

• I wrote an 2500 words assignment and saved in Microsoft word 97-2003 and by mistake replaced with another word file.How can i retain my original work?

I wrote an 2500 words assignment and saved in Microsoft word 97-2003 and by mistake replaced with another word file.How can i retain my original work? 

Hi,
    Does this happen to all 97-2003 Word files?
    Word 2013 now has lots of updates compared with earlier version of Word, lots of features have been updated. Use Word 2013 to open documents created in earlier versions of Word (Word 97-2003 format), you will probably encounter unexpected problems,
    expecially for those heavily formatted files.
    We would suggest you to convert your document to the Word 2013 file format, then you will be able to access the new and enhanced features in Word 2013.
    Regards,
    Ethan Hua
    TechNet Community Support
    It's recommended to download and install
    Configuration Analyzer Tool (OffCAT), which is developed by Microsoft Support teams. Once the tool is installed, you can run it at any time to scan for hundreds of known issues in Office
    programs.

• Can i replace my email in iTune account? with same credit card information? or do i need to create new one with same credit card? thanks

hello all,
    i have an account on iTune, can i replace the email with another one and keep all information of credit card? sorta like creating a new account but you are not?
    or do i need to create new account but keep the credit card information?
    thanks all

You have posted in the itunes U forum, where colleges, universities and museums post educational content for students.
    Try posting in the appropriate forum.
    Do not create a new account.  Go to your account in itunes and change whatever you like.  Your account name is in the upper right corner of itunes.  Click the drop down arrow and select account.

Maybe you are looking for

• Covnert Complex XML to Simple XML tags using Adapter Module

Hi <buyer> <fnParty:partyIdentifier partyIdentifier="GER" partyIdentifierQualifierCode="SenderAssigned"/> </buyer> I want to convert above complex xml into following simple xml document <buyer>GER</buyer> I am writing adapter module. Could any one pl

• Propagating changes from C into Java

I need to interface to an existing library of C functions which have the property of input parameters being used as output. IE a C function may have the signature: int NWDS_PING(char node, NWDS_ITEM_LIST item_list). The string node is used both as in

• Checkbox in midp

does anyone know how I can implement a checkbox in midp? Is there anything tht I can do to simulate a check box or radio button in midp? I would appreciate any comments :) cheers cleoppatra

• Refine to work with whole Stacks

Hi, I do a lot of AEB bracketed shots, mainly for blending/HDR, and use the auto-stack feature to create individual stacks of each trio of shots, and collapse them. I then do my selections of the shots, using P, and then want to use Refine, but it do

• Is Canon's CaptureOnTouch enough for DR-2010M scanner with Yosemite?

Canon-Europe makes available for download the CaptureOnTouch ver. 1.4 for Mac, which it says is compatible with OS X 10.10 (Yosemite). Is that all the software needed to allow the Canon ImageFormula DR-2010M scanner work with Yosemite? Or is a separa