Can I use M2 slot as second SSD storage on T450

Hi, I have the T450 with 240GB ssd, which seems to me a bit short. I'm wondering if I can use the M.2 which is oficialy for cache to use a 42mm 250 ssd as secondary storage? Something like this MyDigitalSSD 256GB Super Boot Drive 42mm SATA III (6G) M.2 2242 NGFF SSD - MDM242-SB-256 Thanks

If you're not going to put the OS on it, you should only have to initialize, partition, and format.
Just to verify: there's nothing in it now?  Since you have an SSD in the main bay there shouldn't be a cache drive installed - but what about a WWAN card?
One thing that concerns me a little:  the base spec refers to that slot as being compatible with a single-sided m.2 drive.  I had no problem installing that MyDigital (which is double-sided) in the T450s.  I don't have access to a T450 to verify that it will fit properly.
Z.

Similar Messages

• Can we use WWAN SLOT to add additional storage in T430S

Hello Folks,
    Just wanted to see if any body tried this before.
    I have ordered T430S with 128 GB SSD and DVD Writable in Bay drive.
    I was just wondering if i can use the WWAN slot to add any additional storage?
    Greatly appreciate any insight/suggestions
    Solved!
    Go to Solution.

You can add an mSATA SSD of the desired capacity, and it will show up to Windows like another drive.
    W520: i7-2720QM, Q2000M at 1080/688/1376, 21GB RAM, 500GB + 750GB HDD, FHD screen
    X61T: L7500, 3GB RAM, 500GB HDD, XGA screen, Ultrabase
    Y3P: 5Y70, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, QHD+ screen

• Can I use a solid state drive (SSD) with a G4 1 GHz powerbook? If so, how do I do it?

Hi:
    Can I use a solid state drive (SSD) with a G4 1 GHz powerbook? If so, how do I do it? Thanks.
    fromx001

fromx001 I believe you can use a SSD as internal drive, of course make sure to buy an ide/ata. There are all sorts of sizes up to 480 GB also in the ide/ata standard. You should however research carefully your purchase, as the performances of your SSD are going to have to rely on firmware "garbage collection", as the older operating systems haven't been written with SSD in mind.
    Mac Man JW: some people depend on Classic as a brody said, other people need a phone modem from time to time, other people use the laptop in harsh environments, and at -15C and below, LCD screens easily crack and break; NOT the powerbook which has hot air towards the screen (and it's a machine that heats quite a lot). My alu Powerbook 12", which was *not* treated with velvet gloves, only once had a cracked screen: a cleaning lady had stepped over it (!!!!) no joke. And in normal / light use today, it is still pretty decent and usable. 

• Can i use my imac as second monitor for my  pc / notebook

Can i use my imac as second monitor for my  pc / notebook

Without any knowledge of the year machines you have it's impossible to answer that question. iMacs adn MBA's have been around for many years now so we have no idea of the exact specs your machine have. Remember when posting you need to be complete and paint a picture for us as we aren't there to look for ourselves. Your question should be  posted something like:
    " I have a 2011 27" iMac and a 2009 MacBook Air, can I use the iMac as an external display for my MacBook Air?"
    BTW what you are referring to is called Target Display Mode. Apple does support that on some 2009-2011 iMacs. You can find additional information at:
    http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3924
    http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3775

• Can you use apple tv as second screen? Kun je apple tv gebruiken als 2e beeldscherm?

Can you use apple tv as second screen (on a Philips 32PFL8404H/12)? Thanx!
    Kun je apple tv gebruiken als 2e beeldscherm (op een Philips 32PFL8404H/12)? Bedankt!
    Sander

currently no
    but some people say that airparrot can though it does not rely on the gpu for realtime encoding so performance would be worse
    with the next version of osx you are suppose to be able to do what you ask though

• Can i use my imac as second display to use a laptop of dell

can i use my imac as second display to use a laptop of dell

Target Display Mode- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
    iMac- How to use your iMac as a Target Display Mode display
    Target Display Mode 2009 & 2010 iMacs

• Can I use Paypal to pay for Icloud storage?

Can I use Paypal to pay for Icloud storage?  We are getting messages that we are exceeding the 5GB of free storage and need to pay for additional storage.  I can use Paypal on ITunes but don't see that option with Icloud storage?   What am I doing wrong?

The payment associated with your account is for all iTunes and App store related purchases. If you already have a valid payment method in place, you shouldn't be asked for one when you purchased additional iCloud storage.

• HT4847 i have 5gb of icloud storage, used 2.5gb but it wont let me unlock the other 2.5gb of storage. How can i use the remainig 2.5gb of storage?

i have 5gb of icloud storage, used 2.5gb but it wont let me unlock the other 2.5gb of storage. How can i use the remainig 2.5gb of storage?

I got rid of AMDS, ASU ,QuickTime and iTunes from control ones I also found folder in Vista with D:\Users\Rick\Music\iTunes\Previous iTunes Library and there is one dated 2009-03012.itl. I moved this file up one folder and delted existing iTunes Library.itl. iTune still failed to identify my iPhone. There are other files iTunes Library Extras.itdb, iTunes Library Geniyes,itdn and iTunes Music Library,xml date dtd 06/18/2009 after upgrade except the latter which is date 06/23/2009. So something is not allowing me to pull or put everything back to when it worked.
    YES this is my only iPhone and only PC I have access to with iTunes.
    Here is what Apple gave to someone Sunday 28 June:
    http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=2035950&start=75&tstart=0
    I checked these out too and they appear the same printed out nearly a week prior. I agree with Coach TO, if I had bad drivers or Vista errors it would not have shown up only when I updated to latest Version of 8.2.023. My Phone was identified on a PC with iTunes at the local AT&T store. He suggested I get phone into Recovery made while connected to iTunes and that resolves the problem 9 out of 10 time. Weak spot was he tried to get phone into Recovery without iTunes connection and thought I may have iPhone problem, then changed his mind when it worked while connected. He also stated it could take an hour. I have not tried to put my iPhone in Recovery lately, I think I did a while back and it failed to go into Recovery as error "iPhone detected by, not identified..."Has anyone tried forcing phone into Recovery? I understand you may lose all that is on phone. If iTunes still fails to identify would we not be in worse shape even if iTunes holds a recent backup which it does not for many of us? Will Apple take back or exchange phone if yours is not identitifed, AT&T today told me I had to go to Apple Store for this or anything to happen.

• Can i use iphone as a usb or storage device

can i use iphone as a usb or storage device

No.
    There are some 3rd party apps that provide for transferring select data via the iTunes sync process or via wi-fi when the computer and iPhone are connected to the same wi-fi network, but disk mode is not supported with the iPhone.

• How can i use my ipod touch as a storage device/storing photos

The suggested advice in this support article http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1478 wasn't a help at all, because the option "enable disc use" in the summary window of itunes doesn't appear. I am runnin' the latest itunes version and the latest ipod touch software, by the way.
    Secondly, i have some photos on my ipod touch which a friend of mine copied from his macbook pro. Now i would like to copy them on my computer. itunes doesn't offer any option for this.
    Does anyone know how to solve this problem?
    Thx in advance

very_nice wrote:
    The suggested advice in this support article http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1478 wasn't a help at all, because the option "enable disc use" in the summary window of itunes doesn't appear.
    *From the article*:
    Products Affected
    iTunes 7 for Mac, iTunes 7 for Windows, iPod nano, iPod shuffle, iPod mini, iPod, iTunes 8 for >Windows, iTunes 8 for Mac
    No mention of the Touch, it works differently from other iPods and has no "disk mode" as such.
    I think it can be used as a storage device by using a 3rd party App, search the the App Store for such items.
    Photos transferred to your Touch via iTunes will be of severely compromised quality i.e 640x480 pixel resolution and file size around 600-700 kb. These can be retrieved, again using a 3rd party application on your computer, such as [Touch Copy|http://www.wideanglesoftware.com/touchcopy> but you will not get back original quality images.
    Good luck,
    Dud.

• Can I use the Time Capsule as an storage drive? Can I create folders and save files on it as with a external hard drive?

I want to know if I can use my Time Capsule as a storage hard drive instead of only use it to back up my Mac

Bravenewcharles wrote:
    Ok, so while I edit my files in my Mac that will occupy some space on its hard drive that will be backed up in the TC. Does that mean that I will occupy two hard drives on the same stuff?
    Exactly.  That's kinda the definition of a backup.  When (not if) something awful happens, like your Mac being lost or stolen, or the HD failing or getting corrupted, or you accidentally change or delete some stuff, you have a backup you can recover.
    What will happen when my Mac's hard drive is completely full?
    Don't let it.  Delete things you don't need.  If you can't delete enough, as Neil says, get an external HD for the "overflow" that won't fit, then let Time Machine back up both your Mac and the external.  See Time Machine - Frequently Asked Question #32 for more info.
    Message was edited by: Pondini

• Can I use a SD card for extra storage?

I want to add storage for my macbook pro retina because I'm running out of space. Can I use a SD card that I will leave in the macbook?
    This looks like just what I need. The ad says I won't even know its there.
    http://theniftyminidrive.com

Don't do that. The SD card reader inside is not meant for that, and it will not work.
    Buy an external disk of good quality, USB3, format it correctly < Mac OS Extended (journaled) >, do not install any software that came with it, and start using it.
    Lex

• Can i use e60 as a usb mass storage device over bl...

Anyone knows if i can use e60 as a usb mass storage device over bluetooth?

no you cannot, mass storage is a USB device class like you said yourself.

• How can I use Apple TV as second display, not mirror.

I was told (and showed) by an apple "genius" that i could use apple tv with my own hd monitor as a second monitor to use in final cut and other media programs. so i got one, but the desplay setting will only let me use the mirror settings. anyone now how this can be done?

That feature is coming with OSX 10.9 (Mavericks). In the meantime you will have to use a 3rd party solution like Airparrot.

• Can I use a 1.8" mSata SSD in new Macbook Pro 13"

I'm about to purchase my first Macbook Pro and I have a spare 256GB mSata SSD - Samsung MMDPE56GTDXP-MVBD1 - from my previous computer - a Dell Adamo 13 (Desire).
    Any advice or input as to whether or not I can swap out the factory HD to use this one in its place would be very much appreciated.
    Thanks!

USB modem need drivers because USB does not normally work with network so the driver is need to handle the network traffic. It is the responsibility of the vendor to write the drive. So this is a Bigpond problem and not an Apple problem.
    Allan

Maybe you are looking for