Can not find User's Manual for Lenovo T420

Hi ,
  I just bought T420 but unable to find User's Manual.
The instructions says,
For the Windows 7 Operation system:
Click Start and then click Help and Support.  The Windows Help and Support window opens. Click Lenove user Guide in the Lenovo User Guide window, click the link for your model and the User Guide will open.
However after clicking Help and Support, the Windows Help and Support window opens but there is no 'Lenovo User Guide' window.  Also on-line http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/guides-and-manuals/default.page?  just shows information about hardware !  Where can I find actual User's Manual which describes using this system, backup, usage, restore, etc... ??
Thanks
  -Shanya

Shanya,
Serege1410's suggestion is good and will help you find information about your system, but much of what you seek is probably available in the preloaded software.  You may also want to check the ThinkVantage section of the support site to read up about rescue and recovery to make and restore backups, and access connections to configure custom network and printing profiles.
Best regards,
Mark
ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
twitter @lenovoforums
English Community   Deutsche Community   Comunidad en Español   Русскоязычное Сообщество

Similar Messages

• Nternal ERROR: Can not find the ACL containter for object ...

We are using OWB 10.2.0.3. We tried to introduce two basic roles to prevent user A from accessing certain parts of our project. Somehow (I cannot really say how) we ended up in the error message below whenever we want to modify the security properties of an object.
    Neither in metalink nor in the oracle forums I could find any hint about that error.
    Can anyone help??
    Thanks in advance, Maren
    Internal ERROR: Can not find the ACL containter for object:CMPMap@1ba11bc/id=2023180/owningFCO=2023180/proxyFor=(CMPMapGen@1a4d5c6/id=2023180/stname=CMPBatchMap/pname=LOAD_XML/lname=LOAD_XML/status=CLEAN/committed=true/persistent=true/propsLoaded=false)
    Internal ERROR: Can not find the ACL containter for object:CMPMap@1ba11bc/id=2023180/owningFCO=2023180/proxyFor=(CMPMapGen@1a4d5c6/id=2023180/stname=CMPBatchMap/pname=LOAD_XML/lname=LOAD_XML/status=CLEAN/committed=true/persistent=true/propsLoaded=false)
         at oracle.wh.repos.pdl.security.SecurityPolicyManager.getAccessCharMapOfPrivilegeOwner(SecurityPolicyManager.java:166)
         at oracle.wh.repos.impl.foundation.CMPElement.getAccessCharMapOfPrivilegeOwner(CMPElement.java:2743)
         at oracle.wh.repos.pdl.security.OWBSecurityImpl.hasPrivilege(OWBSecurityImpl.java:820)
         at oracle.wh.repos.pdl.security.OWBSecurityImpl.internalSecurityCheck(OWBSecurityImpl.java:1449)
         at oracle.wh.repos.pdl.security.OWBSecurityImpl.securityCheck(OWBSecurityImpl.java:649)
         at oracle.wh.repos.pdl.security.SecurityModuleImpl.securityCheck(SecurityModuleImpl.java:660)
         at oracle.wh.repos.pdl.security.SecurityModuleImpl.securityCheck(SecurityModuleImpl.java:623)
         at oracle.wh.ui.common.WhSecurityHelper.securityCheck(WhSecurityHelper.java:112)
         at oracle.wh.ui.console.commands.EditObjectCmd.performAction(EditObjectCmd.java:107)
         at oracle.wh.ui.console.commands.TreeMenuHandler$1.run(TreeMenuHandler.java:188)
         at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:189)
         at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:478)
         at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:201)
         at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:151)
         at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:145)
         at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:137)
         at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:100)

Hi Maren
    Like you I get this error and do not know what steps caused it.In my scenario I have some mappings that give the error and some that do not - the repository user gets the error but the repository owner does not.
    Thinking back over the last number of months (as this project contains 7-8 months od work - we do have exports of the project) I think the ones giving the error are those that perhaps were copied from another to start the coding but I cannot be sure.
    I have read the metalink note mentioned above as well as the the queries posted by Oleg and yourself. The queries posted are slightly different, one has a where clause
    fco.classname = 'CMPACLContainer' (Maren's)
    and the other
    fco.classname='CMPMap' (Oleg's).
    Was this intentional Maren on your behalf for your problem to be fixed?
    We are using 10.2.0.3.33 OWB client and 10.2.0.3.0 OWB repository.
    Thanks
    Edwin

• Error!! Can not find the delivery details for the delivery Id :

hi all,
    I have a report which i need to burst in seven different reports wherein my delivery key is column "emp_id". Now when i schedule the report to burst then the report completes with a warning. I see that there are various delivery cycles for the report and for one of the cycles i get the following message
    Error!! Can not find the delivery details for the delivery Id :
    hence, what happens due to this is, even there are successful deliveries for other delivery ids but then i get only two rows of data in each of the seven bursted ouput xls files. wheareas the data runs in thousands of rows for each cycle.
    Hence whats happening is, that due to error /warning in one of the delivery cycles other reports are also not showing data.
    I am not sure whats causing the issue and why i am not getting complete bursted files out.
    Please suggest
    Thanks
    Ronny

I guess, you are in 10.1.3.3.2 :),
    in the latest release 10.1.3.4.1, there are more enhancement wrto bursting and performance i believe.
    check th release notes
    can you send me the xml and bursting query you have, i can try simulating in my local.

• HT204266 My iPad (version 1, IOS 5.1) has quit connecting with the store. I am unable to update or buy any app. I did a reboot and a reset with deleting the data. I can not find anything in support for this problem. Any help will be appreciated.

My iPad (version 1, IOS 5.1) has quit connecting with the store. I am unable to update or buy any app. I did a reboot and a reset with deleting the data. I can not find anything in support for this problem. Any help will be appreciated.

My iPad (version 1, IOS 5.1) has quit connecting with the store. I am unable to update or buy any app. I did a reboot and a reset with deleting the data. I can not find anything in support for this problem. Any help will be appreciated.

• Suddenly all of my Office-programs have stopped working and will not launch on my MacBook. Could anyone give an amateur from Norway a hint of what may cause the problem? And I can not find the installation-disc for Office...Super! :)

Suddenly all of my Office-programs have stopped working and will not launch on my MacBook. They were all already installed when I bought the computer. Could anyone give an amateur from Norway a hint of what may cause the problem? (And I can not find the installation-disc for the Office Programs...Super!)

Have you contacted Microsoft support - http://www.microsoft.com/mac/support ? 

• After iPhone connects to iTunes, can not find the photos tab for sync

After iPhone connects to iTunes, can not find the photos tab for sync. Thus, I can not copy some phototes from my Macbook to iPhone, But my iTouch can do this. I don't know why.

If you are using a mac, you use iphoto.
    If you are on windows, you use whatever camera software windows uses.
    Itunes does not import photos.

• What do I do if I can not find the serial number for lightroom?

What do I do if I can not find the serial number for lightroom?

If youv'e already registered it, the My products and services page should have your serial number.

• I can not find a suitable driver for my hp deskjet 1280 for OS X 10.7 Lion (macbook) Please help.

I can not find a suitable driver for my hp deskjet 1280 for os x 10.7.  Since updating my software the printer will only use basic functions and prints only black and white, how do I enable the printers full capabilities? Thanks!

Hi,Officially the printer no longer supported on OS X 10.6 or above, therefore the reduced quality due the Generic driver usage:
    http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&task Id=120&prodSeriesId=439162&prodTypeId=18972&prodSeriesId=439162&objectID=c018563 59
    However, you may try the 3rd party HPIJS print drivers which list your printer as supported and will more likely provide you a better qualiity then a Generic driver.
    Be sure to install any of the 3 required downloads and follow the steps to Set Up the printer:
    http://www.linuxfoundation.org/collaborate/workgroups/openprinting/macosx/hpijs
    Shlomi

• Where can i find a dutch manual for photoshop cs6

Hi,
    I'm trying to find the dutch manual for Photoshop CS6.
    There is a hyperlink available on this page Help bij Photoshop | Archief called Help bij Adobe Photoshop CS5 (PDF), but if I follow this I end up on an "error page" in English telling me that the requested page isn't available.
    Can someone provide me with this PDF-file please?
    I can download this PDF in English, but it would be so much easier for me to read and understand the subject matter in Dutch.
    So, is there anybody out there who can send it to me?
    Thanks!
    Michael

You should ask in Photoshop General Discussion
    This forum is about the Cloud as a delivery process, not about using individual programs
    If you start at the Forums Index https://forums.adobe.com/welcome
    You will be able to select a forum for the specific Adobe product(s) you use
    Click the "down arrow" symbol on the right (where it says All communities) to open the drop down list and scroll

• I have a older model Powerbook G4 and I can not find a charger nowhere for this thing... Can someone tell me where I can find one please... I live in Murfreesboro, TN

Hello I am new to this and I have a older model Powerbook G4 I can not find a charger nowhere. Can someone please help me figure out where I can get one? I wanna give it to my 11 year old daughter.

There are generic power adapters for use with old model Apple portables such as this http://eshop.macsales.com/item/NewerTech/APLPBI65W/ available online; a few of them out there may not have much of a guaranty or look like the original model.
    Any new-stock look-alike would be a copy; some from Amazon affiliated stores may be OK. I have older Apple portables (G4) and had been on the look-out for spares, so I have at least two that I know work. These are harder to find in second hand or thrift stores now, and less likely to function. However, there is this support page about the original parts. While adapters such as the macsales model linked above should be OK...
    Yet be sure to not get a Magsafe adapter, since the connector & power won't work. The older iBook G4 power adapter and PowerBook G4 units are fairly similar; but note the details below. A 45w adapter for early white iBook (G3) probably won't do when a later model wants at least 60w.
    •About original PowerPC-Based Mac Notebooks:
    Identifying the right power adapter & power cord
    http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1565
    PS: you could try & contact wegenermedia in SC
    about this kind of part; they may have something.
    Good luck & happy computing!

• Where can i find the french manual for the Procurve MSM310 Access Point

Hi
    I'm looking for the french version of the ProCurve MSM310 Access Point manual.
    Where can i find it ?
    Thanks in advance
    David

Hi, David:
    You may want to post your queston on the HP Business Support forum  -- MSM Series.
    http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/MSM-Series/bd-p/wireless-e-series-forum#.U-fngDh0zGg

• Where can I find a full manual for final cut pro 6?

I'm trying to learn final cut because I haver an amature film making contest I'd like to enter and that would give me quite an edge, considering most of the intries will be using movie Could someone help me find a full manual or something that would assist in this indevor? I do only have final cut 6 because I am using my schools imac and that is ther vertion they have. so, can anyone help?

You should ask your question in the Final Cut Studio forum.
    This forum is for Final Cut Pro X.

• Where can I find a service manual for Satellite L30?

Hi guys
    Just wondering if anyone knows where I can find a service manual / engineers guide for a Satellite L30?? I have a broken hinge on my laptop and Toshiba were very helpful in helping me find replacement parts - via Topaz. They were also a bargain at only 8.00 + postage for a pair of them. However......when I enquired about 'how to fit them?' they both became rather 'un-helpful'!!!!
    And I really don't feel like paying PC World the 219.00 they quoted to fit them!!!
    I have no fear of opening and playing around with the insides, but any help or 'pointers' would be gratefully appreciated.
    Many thanks in advance :-)

Try this online guide:
    http://www.laptopka.com/category/toshiba-satellite-l30-l35/

• Where can I find an oline manual for Mail for Mavericks?

I am looking for an oline manual for Mail for Mavericks to learn about its featires/functionality before I switch to the MAC. Is there such a manual and if so, please share a link (I could not locate it). Thanks.

There is this online resource: https://www.apple.com/support/mac-apps/mail/

• Where can I find instructions or manual for using Premier elements 12?

Looking for instructions or manual for using Premier Elements 12. Has Photoshope Elements 7 and Premier Elements 7. I had saved projects which I now cannot retrieve into the 12 versions.

bone
    I have Photoshop Elements 7 and Premiere Elements 7 on Windows 7 Professional SP1 64 bit as well as on Windows 8 64 bit. All is well.
    With your Photoshop Elements 7 your Windows 7, what do the Performance numbers look like under Full Editor, Edit Menu/Preferences/Performance?
    My Windows 7 64 bit has the Windows XP compatibility mode. Due to the results from some of my recent maneuvers, I wonder about your thoughts of installing Photoshop Elements 7 on the Windows XP Mode side and gaining access to it from the Windows 7 side. You may loss the integration perks of Photoshop Elements 7 and Premiere Elements 7 since they technically will be on different operating systems.
    I will explain next time if necessary how that type of idea backfired on me recently with my long standing problem of trying to get Photoshop Elements 12 Full Editor to open in my Windows 7 64 bit desktop.
    More later.
    ATR

Maybe you are looking for

• Batch Managment Activation

Hi, friends I want to activate Batch management at plant level.but there is stock in current period as well as previous period(in marterial master plant stock view).Stock exist unresticted stock,stock at vendor ,Quality Inspection stock.How i will do

• Clash of GUIDs SelectPageRange.ocx and DSOFramer.ocx

I have used DSOFramer for some time to embed Microsoft office apps into my applications. It comes from Microsoft but is not fully supported by them. After installing Adobe Acrobat Pro 9.0 yesterday I am now getting messages in VB6 Visual Studio askin

• Login thru JSP not working?

Hello I am trying to login thru JSP, Web Server is Tomcat & database is sqlserver2000. After filling user, password & pressing submit button,error message is as follows : cannot resolve symbol symbol : variable connection location: class org.apache.j

• How to create editable .mov files from After Effects

Hi, I am creating videos for my clients using after effects. The requirment is that they should be able to edit the .mov files e.g adding their company name, text or logo without using after effects without losing any effects. How can I accomplish th

• Function key not Working Properly

function key fliped mean ,when i press F6 only this will mute my volume. and when i press FN+F6 it work as F6 when i Press FN+F5 it refresh , when i press F5 only nothing happenplease give solution .