Company name change and impact on table T882

Hi
We had to change the name of a company.  I did this in IMG via "Enterprise structure->Definition->Financial Accounting->Edit,copy,delete,check company code". This created a transport containing also table T882. Our problem is that the field VTRHJ (Balance carried forward to fiscal year) is set to 2006 in DEV and 2008 in production.
My questions are:
Will this transport create a problem?
What can we do to avoid this being transported incorrectly=
Any help appreciated
Kirsten

Hi
I have been made aware of a  note (124382) that covers this issue.  The note is only listed up to 4.5b, but it gives a small program (ZZ-program) to correct the entry in T882 in production.  It is listed as a design error.  I don't know why it is not still valid, as it seems like a design error also today.  But I will follow the solution given by SAP.
Kirsten

Similar Messages

• Company name change, span id ="name"

We have a company name change and I'm trying to update the name.
    On one of the pages it is appears like this:  <span id ="name">
    my problem is that the text is greyed out and I am not able to edit the "name".
    Any suggestions?

facultyassoc wrote:
    We have a company name change and I'm trying to update the name.
    On one of the pages it is appears like this:  <span id ="name">
    my problem is that the text is greyed out and I am not able to edit the "name".
    Any suggestions?
    This would indicate that the text is possibly part of a template file....so you would have to change the code in the template file.
    Does the page have any Dreamweaver template mark up in it?

• Company Name Change/Renaming

Hi Experts,
    Here we have one challenge.
    Scenario: - We have X & Y Company joint venture. X is acquired Y. After that Company Name changed to X Company, but all other TAN/PAN and government records name changed from X & Y Company to X Company. This is Only in papers not in Oracle R12.
    Required advice:
    1) How to change name in Oracle R12?
    2) If we rename LE & OU, historical data also will changing to New Company Name (X Company)
    3) Suppose today we are changing name till yesterday historical data should show
    X&Y Company. Today onwards Data should show in X Company only. How is it possible?
    4) Here we want to use existing data to X Company means:- Only Name change, but not data (like PO, Assets, Liabilities/Outstandings)
    Kindly advise

Adigopula wrote:
    Hi Experts,
    Here we have one challenge.
    Scenario: - We have X & Y Company joint venture. X is acquired Y. After that Company Name changed to X Company, but all other TAN/PAN and government records name changed from X & Y Company to X Company. This is Only in papers not in Oracle R12.
    Required advice:
    1) How to change name in Oracle R12? please see this Renaming of Business Group, Legal Entity, Ledger & Inv Org
    2) If we rename LE & OU, historical data also will changing to New Company Name (X Company)
    3) Suppose today we are changing name till yesterday historical data should show
    X&Y Company. Today onwards Data should show in X Company only. How is it possible?
    4) Here we want to use existing data to X Company means:- Only Name change, but not data (like PO, Assets, Liabilities/Outstandings)
    Kindly adviseplease raise SR with oracle to confirm as they are the best to answer you
    :) AppsMasti :)
    sharing is Caring

• Script task to read the column names dynamically and create a table in database based on excel column structure

Hello,
    Can anyone help me out to write a vb.net script.
    I need to read the column names from excel and based on that column names I need to create a table in database(I have more than one sheet in excel).
    For each sheet columns will be changing and should create a table dynamically for each sheet.
    Any help would be appreciated.

Refer the below script to read columns in each sheet.
    Dim excelfile As String = Dts.Variables("ExcelPath").Value.ToString
    Dim connectionstring As String = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;" +
    "Data Source=" + excelfile + ";Extended Properties=Excel 8.0"
    Dim oledbcon As New OleDb.OleDbConnection(connectionstring)
    oledbcon.Open()
    Dim dt As DataTable
    Dim schemaTable As DataTable
    Dim OLEDBCMD As New OleDb.OleDbCommand
    Dim oledbdatareader As OleDb.OleDbDataReader
    Dim columns As String = ""
    dt = oledbcon.GetSchema("Tables")
    Dim TABCOMMAND(20) As String
    Dim TABCOUNT As Integer = 0
    For Each row As DataRow In dt.Rows
    TABCOMMAND(TABCOUNT) = "SELECT * FROM [" & row.Item("TABLE_NAME").ToString & "]"
    OLEDBCMD.CommandText = TABCOMMAND(TABCOUNT)
    OLEDBCMD.Connection = oledbcon
    oledbdatareader = OLEDBCMD.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior.KeyInfo)
    schemaTable = oledbdatareader.GetSchemaTable()
    For Each myfield As DataRow In schemaTable.Rows
    For Each myproperty As DataColumn In schemaTable.Columns
    If myproperty.ColumnName = "ColumnName" Then
    columns = columns & myfield(myproperty).ToString & ","
    MsgBox(myfield(myproperty).ToString)
    End If
    Next
    Next
    oledbdatareader.Close()
    OLEDBCMD.Dispose()
    Next
    oledbcon.Close()
    Regards, RSingh

• Company Name Change

Dear Friends,
    We are informed about the change of name by the company, which is legal and we will update BUKRS accordingly. 
    But, how can i find the dependent legal documents to change the company name in them ?  At least for Forms i can check from SE71 and locate the forms for that country and search if anything is hard coded.
    Could you pl. throw me some more light, in which other places shouid i check for the update of the company name ?
    Thanks in advance.
    BR,
    Ravi

Hi,
    To take care of these kind of scenario's only, Standard Text are only used/referred for all the SAP Documents Print Out(PO/SO/Invoice etc) which ensures Central Text Management in SAP.
    Now if the same standard is not followed in your SAP System then you need to look into the individual Forms(Script/Smartform).
    Check Standard Texts also in SO10.
    To figure out that which are the various forms you need to take care, Take help of the NACE Txn.

• DB column name changes and APEX

All,
    I found out that the database architect is planning to make changes to several of the column names in all of the tables I use in a large application. So...rather than open every screen, every condition, every procedure, etc. looking for the db fields I need to change, I am hoping I can find a way to do it in sql*plus.
    At a minimum, I hope to be able to create a report for each table/column referenced in the application that will show the pages and places where it is referenced. Any ideas?
    Thanks,
    Steve

Patrick directed me to the Object Dependencies report - and it would work but you have to click on the "count" to see where it is referenced. I am hoping for a detail report. Patrick also suggested editing an application export to do global column name changes - that will also work. If you have done it differently, let me know.
    Steve

• Need company name change in Skype Manager

My current company name in Skype Manager is "Redmain Network". I want it rename to "Enmain Group". Please help me. [The Skype advice in Company details section of Skype Manager: Important: If you want to change your company's name you'll need to contact customer support to make the change. Contact Customer Support]

Hi, Rameesh, and welcome to the Community,
    You will need to contact Skype Customer Service to arrange for a Skype Manager configuration name change.  Here is a link to the instruction on how to contact Skype Customer Service via their secure portal: Contact Customer Service
    Skype is aware of continuing and sporadic problems with the website when contacting their customer service agents. If you experience difficulty reaching Skype Customer Service or find yourself redirected back to the Community, please try again using a different web browser and choosing a different path through the various drop-down menu options presented. Also, look to approve a pop-up dialogue box which would connect you to start an instant message chat with a customer service agent. If you have pop-ups blocked in your browser settings, this will also impede reaching an agent.
    Regards,
    Elaine 

• Automatic name changes and file and path name limitation when storing files

Dear all I am using Airport Extrem with an attached disc and experience following:
    1) Names get changed. Second part of file name gets replaced with some hex numbering
    2) Get the error message from time to time that file can't be stored on the Airport Extrem attached disc and that the file name is too long.
    Any idea.

I've got the same problem with seagate 750 GB drive - Mac OS Extended (Journaled) - over fast ethernet (first gen) AEBS(n)
    P.S.- sometimes the folder names get corrected automaticaly, and sometimes folders get duplicated (with different corrupted hex-like name endings) and if I delete one of them, they all vanishes.
    Message was edited by: gar_krol

• Field name BPMNG and BAMNG in table EKBE

Hi there
    I have a hard time understanding what does BPMNG and BAMNG in table EKBE. This are all related to quantity upon GR.
    Please help.
    Thank you
    Jesielle

HI,
    Basically you can see the difference in these  two fields are used when you have defined a different Order unit in Purchasing view of materials and a separate Base unit of measure. Then there is a conversion ratio defined between these 2 units. SO under field BPMNG you will see the quantity with base unit of measure according to which you have made the payment, and under field BAMNG you will see what have actualy ordered and it will be equal to MENGE.
    Let us take the case where one EA is defined as 10 L, where EA is base unit of measure and L is order price unit, then suppose you have ordered 1 EA and your payment will be made on the basis of 10L (Order price unit is L and per 10) then you will get 10 under field BPMNG and 1 under BAMNG.
    Hope it clarifies.
    Regards
    PK

• Dropship PO schedule line date changes and impact in SO

Hi,
    Please suggest where senario; Drop ship PO created and Changed Schedule delivery date on Purchase order and automaticaly changes in Sales order schedule line level.
    SO- PR - PO
    Senario1;
    When Vendor not confirms requested delivery quantity on date, he confirms partially qty and later confirmes remaining quanity. When we split in Purchase order delivery schedule directly it will not update at sales order it confirms and changes initially qty only on SO schedule line level. how can i copy back to sales order schedule qty partial split done on PO.
    Senario2;
    When SO created and PR - PO generated later when we Add new line item in SO or Directly add PO line item how can i make sync between the two documents automatically.
    SO Schedule delivery date and PO schedule delivery date how can i see the link b/w to document back to back updates automatically when we change any one doc.
    Thanks in advance
    JACK

Hi Caetano,
    thanks for your suggestion
    Yes, we use firm zone for few of the vendors. there the system don't change the schedule lines.
    Also for the stock transfer PR's there is no firm zone and the lead time is one day. in this case it changes everyday after the MRP run.
    the stock transfer PR's leads to the creation of Schedule lines from the source plant. Since this PR gets changed everyday. the alerts coming out of MD07 gets changed and we really did not know if this order is delayed or not.  In the source plant we use the firm zone to avoid moving the schedule line. But then the alerts are always not correct.
    is there any setting which helps in not moving the PR everyday without using " start in the past"
    thanks
    Nagendra Kumar

• Imported source file name changed for the external table

Hi,
    I have external table from flat file. Now the source file name is changed. I can change the file location to point to the new file name, but I can't update the source for the flat file property(as seen under flat file properties,structure tab. the column "Sampled From"). Is there way to have this update without having to import the file using the new file name again?

In the Files section in the object navigator find the flat file you want to change the source of.
    Double click on the actual file, and on the General tab change the old file name to the new one.
    The fact that it has been sampled from a different file should not 'disturb' the working of the external table.
    However, if the structure of the new file is different I'd suggest to resample.
    Good luck, Patrick

• The Facebook app on my iPad will not let me access my account. I was recently married so my Facebook name changed and I updated my password. Now when I go into Facebook under settings and try to access my account it is still using the old name.

I got married, changed my Facebook name and gave my account a new password. Now, under settings and Facebook they have my ITunes/Apple ID and under it says "please sign in using (my old Facebook name) and under that is password. Only that old Facebook name has changed but did not update on my iPad settings. Also it will not accept my new password. I cannot erase it. If Apple doesnt want us to use more than one account, what do we do in this situation? Or if our Facebook gets hacked and becomes compromised? This is not okay. I have to be able to access this and because it will accept only one and will not update changes I cannot longer access my account. I buy a lot of Apple products. I won't buy another if it's not corrected. This is horribly frustrating. Not to mention waiting on youtube videos to load is almost as bad as waiting on dial-up. But that's another matter. Is there a way around this or do I need to start looking for products somewhere else? Anyone know? Thanks.

You need to reset the password for the "old" account, and then use that to turn off iCloud.  Then you will be able to sign in with your new ID.
    You can reset your password at iForgot.apple.com.
    If you don't know the answers to the security questions, you will need to start there.
    http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5312
    -If you established a rescue email address, there will be a link on the "Passwords & Security" page of id.apple.com.  Clicking the link will send the reset to your rescue email address (NOTE:  This is not the same address as your Apple ID email)
    -If there is no link on the page, then you didn't establish a rescue email address.  Contact AppleCare at 800.694.7466 (If you are in the US), and ask for account security.  You will need to answer some questions to verify your identity, AND you will need access to a computer to generate a temporary support pin.
    -If you are not in the US, click http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5699 - Apple ID: Contacting Apple for help with Apple ID account security
    HTH

• Edit Problem after changing and transporting a table view

Hallo Experts,
    I hope you can help me.
    I changed a Z-table in the Data Dictionary. For this table there exists an Tableview.
    After I added three new fields I generate a new tableview:
    Utilities -> table maintenance generator
    Change -> create maintenance screen -> ok
    after this I optimized the layout of the screen.
    On our Enviromentsystem my Tableview works perfect.
    I can make changes in the table.
    Then I transported the new tableview to our testsystem.
    There I started the sm30 "Maintain table view" and tried to change table entries.
    After a click on "Maintain" the following Message appears:
    TK 730 Changes to Repository or cross-client Customizing are not permitted.
    The strangest thing is, that before my transport, it worked, I could change table entries.
    There were no changes on the userrights.
    And I can change a similar table on the testsystem.
    I compared the properties of both tables. But I could not find a difference.
    Have anybody an idea where the error can be?

Hi
    Caution: The table is cross-client
    Message no. TB113
    Diagnosis
    You are in the process of maintaining a cross-client table. You are using the standard table maintenance screen here, which is frequently used to maintain client-specific Customizing entries. This message serves to warn you that each change you make will have an effect on all other clients in the system.
    System response
    You have the authorization required for cross-client maintenance.
    Procedure
    Think carefully about the effect of your changes. Due to logical dependencies between client-specific Customizing and applications data on the one hand and cross-client Customizing data on the other hand, changing or deleting cross-client data could result in inconsistencies.
    Therefore such changes should be carefully planned and coordinated, taking all the clients in the system into consideration.

• Purchase Order print output - Company Name changed

Hi experts,
    My plant name is changed  I want the new name to appear at the bottom of the Purchase Order above Authorized signatory field.
    Please suggest how to do.
    Regards,
    ( Rajneesh Gulati )

hi,
    I agree with Jurgen's point ...But the street adress uneditable
    Go into SPRO-> Enterprise structure -> Definition -> Logistics-genaral -> Define copy, delete, check plant
    Inside this if you jus wanna change the name then you can go into the details of the plant and edit...but wanna change the address then need to copy the existing plant and make your own new plant...
    Or may try with ABAPer...
    Regards
    Priyanka.P
    AWARD IF HELPFULL

• Computer name change and Network name

Recently I changed my computer name from "XY Z's Computer" to one without the dreaded apostrophe and the spaces.
    I did this in Sharing under Computer Name:
    However, after doing this and rebooting, the new name is there - good - but if in Sharing Preferences, I click Internet Sharing and then click Airport Options, my original name is there, under the title, Network name:
    Is there a single location where these changes can be made simultaneously?
    Are there any other places where one might find the original computer name?
    Is this a bug or simply something not well-documented that I should have known about?

i'd like to know how to do this also

Maybe you are looking for