Compatibility of Ideapad "flat key" keyboard with T410.

Has anyone been able to get an answer  from Lenovo re:  is it possible to get the keyboard that is on the new ideapads (it is a flat key keyboard) installed on  the new T410 laptops?   I can install it myself. I just need to know whether they are compatible.  Or has anyone done this successfully?
Also do  the new T410's come with the same keyboards on the T400?  (Two different tech persons gave me conflicting answers on this.)
Dorothy

No ideapad keyboard can be installed on a thinkpad.
The T410 uses a keyboard similar to the  t400s, not as the t400.
Thinkpad T500-2081 CTO | T9400 2.53GHz | 8 GB RAM | ATI HD3650 + Intel GM45 | 15.4" LED WXGA+ | Windows 8 | ATI Catalyst 13.1 (non-switchable)
Thinkpad 390x | PII 333 | 256mb ram | NeoMagic 256AV | SVGA LCD | OS/2 v4.52

Similar Messages

• Keyboard problem with T410 - Control Key

I have a problem with the control keys on the keyboard of T410.
    I swapped my X200 keyboard over to T410 to check if it is software or hardware issues.  With the X200 keyboard, the 'Ctrl' key is not working.  With the T410 keyboard, 'e', 'd', 'c' and 'Ctrl' keys are not working.

Welcome to the forum!
    I believe that X200 and T410 keyboards are mapped differently in BIOS.
    Can you find another T410/T510 keyboard to test with?
    Cheers,
    George
    In daily use: R60F, R500F, T61, T410
    Collecting dust: T60
    Enjoying retirement: A31p, T42p,
    Non-ThinkPads: Panasonic CF-31 & CF-52, HP 8760W
    Starting Thursday, 08/14/2014 I'll be away from the forums until further notice. Please do NOT send private messages since I won't be able to read them. Thank you.

• I use an Apple bluetooth keyboard with my iPad. In messages I can't find a way to "send" a message without tapping on Send on the iPad's screen. I've tried every key and key combo that I can think of. Am I missing something?

I use an Apple bluetooth keyboard with my iPad. In messages I can't find a way to "send" a message without tapping on Send on the iPad's screen. I've tried every key and key combo that I can think of. Am I missing something?

I already have multiple devices and by far I like my iPad the most over laptops and the iPad. That including checking out my friends MacBook Air.
    The difference for me is the touch interface on the screen itself for things that do not require a lot of typing. For me, the iPad is more "magical" than anything else I've used.
    Again, I do appreciate your answers but you don't know my situation. Not everything is as it is perceived without knowing me and what I have to go through.

• Apple Keyboard with number pad the V key will not work

Apple Keyboard with number pad the V key will not work.  Everyother key works but not the V.  I have a MacBook Pro.  Any suggestions?

Call AppleCare and get it replace if it's under warranty; otherwise, get a new one. They're only $49 USD.

• International or US English wireless keyboard with L-shaped (NOT elongated!) Enter key?

The Wiki entry of the Apple wireless keyboard mentions there's an international English version of the Apple Wireless Keyboard (WK). As has the MBP, for that matter.
    That is, it doesn't have the elongated Enter key as is on the traditional US keyboard, but a (rotated) L-shaped one, which is far easier to press.
    I couldn't find this keyboard in the Apple Store at all - checked out both the US and the Finnish one. Does anyone know how it can be ordered? I hate elongated Enter keys (I always press \ instead of Enter) but want a keyboard with US English layout. The UK layout (which, otherwise, has an L-shaed Enter) won't be right.

BTW, the different WK layouts are available at http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2841

• I have been trying to use an apple wireless keyboard with my ipad 2.  I will be typing then suddenly the ipad will repeat the key strock about twenty times.  It drives me crazy.  What is happening and why?

I have been trying to use an apple wireless keyboard with my ipad 2.  I will be typing along and suddenly the ipad will take off and repeat the key stroke about twenty times rapid fire.  It really makes me crazy.  What is happening and why?  Help

Found this thread by searching the forum. I hope it helps.
    https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5471311

• HT5636 I am using an Apple keyboard with numeric key pad.

I have a new Mac OSX 10.9.2. I am using Bootcamp to run WIndows 8.1.
    I have just connected a new USB Apple keyboard with numeric key pad.
    All works fine in OSX. But in windows the numeric numbers on the keypad wont work.
    Numlock appears to work, but nothing happens when the number keys are pressed.
    The keys / * - +and entre all work ok. Just not the numbers.
    MIcrosoft SUPPORT REFUSED to help me because i am using a mac, they claim it is a hardware problem.

I would look for a program which would display the ascii value of typed letters
    if i had the letter the key send one can assign that value to any other function one wish
    https://www.google.dk/search?q=program+which+display+the+acsii+of+typed+letters& oq=program+which+display+the+acsii+of+typed+letters&aqs=chrome..69i57.11855j0j4& sourceid=chrome&es_sm=93&ie=UTF-8#q=program+which+display+the+ascii+of+typed+let ters&spell=1
    if the program would get no ascii value from the num keyboard then I suppose ms were correct
    if not then there are tons of free programs to reassign keys as one see fit
    and even if they were not to work one can do it manually in regedit in windows
    like this
    http://www.kodiva.com/post/swapping-caps-lock-and-control-keys

• HT201178 when using apple bluetooth keyboard with iPad, hitting the enter/return key while typing in iMessage only adds another line not 'send' the message? is there a setting to change that somewhere?

when using apple bluetooth keyboard with iPad, hitting the enter/return key while typing in iMessage only adds another line not 'send' the message? is there a setting to change that somewhere?

Everywhere that I've checked it is not possible to do this. I would like to even do this using the vkb. I hate having to stretch my thumb all the way up just to send a message. It's messaging, not a report or email. Seems backwards. Hopefully some day Apple can add this option.

• Add on keyboards with navigation keys

iOS 8 added the ability to add 3rd party keyboards, something I've wanted for a long time. But when I look at the offerings in the app store, they don't seem to offer much other than different appearance, shortcuts, different spell check, etc.
    I want a keyboard with the four cursor keys, Page Up/Down, Home, End, Alt, Cmd and maybe Tab. Does anyone know of a keyboard that has those extra keys?
    Note: I'm not talking about an external Bluetooth keyboard, I'm talking about apps that replace the virtual keyboard.

Keyboard shortcuts allows you to choose the key sequence used to activate any Menu Item.
    If your issue is only inside Firefox, use their keyboard mapping mechanism instead, Described here:
    http://mzl.la/MbezM6
    Note: Firefox Keyboard shortcuts can be customized using the Customizable Shortcuts extension.

• IMac Running Windows 7 - Wired Apple Keyboard with Numeric Keys

I dual boot using Boot Camp into OSX or Window 7. I wanted to use both my Apple Keyboard and Mighty Mouse, but the Mighty Mouse once it lost a connection I could not get it back easily so I switched to a Logitech wireless mouse. My wired Apple keyboard works except for the numeric keyboard to the right. There is no num lock so in WIndows 7 it thinks it is the function keys associated with a PC keyboard. Help.

Just an idea for you. There is an entire Apple Discussion forum dedicated to Boot Camp and Windows.
    Whereas, not everyone here with an Intel iMac has installed, tried to install or has experience with BC & Windows, everyone there has or at least has an interest. You may attract help more quickly there.
    The Forums are at the bottom of the main Apple Discussions page under Windows Compatible Technology. Here is a link;
    Boot Camp: Installation and Storage
    Dah•veed

• Why doesn't my forward delete key work on my apple keyboard with numeric keypad?

I bought a wired apple keyboard with numeric keypad to pair with my Mac Pro (late 2013) and when I try to use the forward delete key, it does nothing. I have even tried to use the fn + delete shortcut and that doesn't work either. I'm using OS X Yosemite 10.10.3. Anyone have any ideas how to fix this?

Again, waking up an old thread:
    I first used an air compressor, set around 50psi, to "air out" all the ports.
    Then I used a clean cloth to dab a bit of alcohol on an SD card's contacts... slid it in and out several times, dabbing a little more alchol each time... and voila!
    All of our SD cards now seem to work fine... recognize, read, eject...
    Also used alcohol to clean the contacts on all the cards.

• Can a link 5 usb key paired with hp's wireless elite keyboard?

Hi, I have a link 5 wireless mouse and a old hp's wireless elite keyboard.  I don't know if they both use bluetooth or one is bluetootha and the other 2.4GHz or not.  But can a link 5 usb key paired with a hp's version 1 wireless keyboard?  If not, how can I get a wireless usb key for my hp wireless eilte keyboard?

Hello,
    A Link 5 USB mouse can be used with some devices and HP has listed them at the following link:
    HP Link-5technology liberates USB ports
    HP also introduced new PCaccessories with HP’s exclusive Link-5 technology. Link-5 allows users to connect up to fiveHP-compatible PC accessories with one receiver, freeing up valuableUSB ports.
    There are no drivers orsoftware to install. Users simply press the ”Connect” button on aLink-5 device to pair it with their PC. The wireless receiver then“remembers” all paired devices, making Link-5 accessories ideal forthose using a PC in multiple settings such as the home, office orother mobile locations.
    Link-5 delivers reliableconnectivity using 2.4-GHz wireless technology and has anintelligent sleep mode to ensure the longest possible battery life.The latest Link-5 accessories lineup includes:
    HP Wireless Mini Keyboard: Just the right mobile companion fora tablet or entertainment PC, this full-featured keyboard islightweight and ultra-small in size.
    HP Wireless Ultrathin Wireless Keyboard: Offering a stylishlook and feel, this keyboard is durable, full-featured and a greatvalue.
    HP Wireless Elite v2 Keyboard: Featuring a sleek, ultra-slimdesign, this keyboard offers superb performance and comfort.
    HP Wireless Optical Comfort Mouse: Offering a comfortable,secure grip for use in the right or left hand, this mouse featuresan optical sensor with adjustable sensitivity that works on mostsurfaces.
    HP Wireless Laser Comfort Mouse: Using a laser sensor withadjustable sensitivity, this mouse delivers optimal performance andworks on most surfaces.
    HP Wireless Mobile Mouse: Designed for users who are on the go,this mouse delivers reliable wireless connectivity at a greatvalue.
    It is only mention v2 not v1, so not sure if it will work. You should not be able to buy a key, because each device is sold with their specific usb receiver, so the answer is, you cannot get one, except if you buy  a new part.
    Thanks,
    I work for HP! Please remember to provide and if this helped click ON

• Keyboard with more soft keys

I have recently bought HP Compaq 6730b notebook (product number: NB019EA#AKD). It is a good notebook but there is one issue that I don't like. Pressing keys on keyboard is too hard for me to be comfortable. My local HP call center told that HP doesn't have replacement keyboards with softer keys. Of course I expected this answer. But they also told that I can try to obtain keyboard replacement from other producers. There can be some keyboards from no name companies that can be more soft. Do you know such keyboards? I don't want to buy one and pay for transport to my country if I am not sure about it if it is better keyboard than I already have.
    My keyboard number is 487136-B31, but I think that it is common for all HP keyboards.
    Message Edited by darek on 11-13-2009 12:15 PM

Generally what do you think about keyboards in HP? Do you think similarly as I or not?

• Number keys on Mac keyboard with Windows in boot camp

I am using the full size wired keyboard with my iMac. While I am in WIndows XP Pro on Boot Camp, I can not use the number keys on the right side. Is there any way I can make these work? It might be picky, but is sure annoying the crap out of me. Any thoughts?

The Boot Camp forums are here:
    http://discussions.apple.com/category.jspa?categoryID=237

• I cleaned my wireless keyboard with a cloth that had a few sprays of windex on it, wiping back and forth and up and down on the keys. Now, various keys are not working. Is there a way to "reset" the keyboard to restore the keys?

I cleaned my wireless keyboard with a cloth that had a few sprays of windex on it, wiping back and forth and up and down on the keys. Now, various keys are not working. Is there a way to "reset" the keyboard to restore the keys?

Thanks for replying (thorvsphoenix)
    The windex was sprayed on the cloth, not the keyboard. And only one or two pumps on a hand towel. No liquid seeped between the keys the towel was barely damp. You are saying the ammonia gas created the problem?
    I think It was more an issue of multiple keys being depressed at the same time that screwed up the configuration. That is why I need to "reboot" the keyboard.

Maybe you are looking for