Connect ibook to samsung T190

Hello,
I have connected my samsung T190 to ibook using firewire port. But it looks like that is not suifficient to drive current and I need to connect the female power cable to another desktop computer from where it gets the power. Can someone tell me what it takes to get power via firewire to the display?
thanks
-kamal

Maybe we have a language barrier here.
Firewire comes in two varieties 400 and 800 as labeled here (the 400 is assumed where it just says Firewire alone):
Mini VGA looks like on the image below with the side of the computer shown and the end of the cable sitting on the top side of the keyboard:
It is this mini-VGA that will connect to a:
http://store.apple.com/us/product/M8639G/A
And thus to your T-190.
Message was edited by: a brody

Similar Messages

• Connection ibook and samsung d500

i have connected them together but i don't know how to transfer music files from my ibook to my cell phone. can anybody help me with this?

Hi Joakim,
    May be basic and you have probably been through it already but does the iBook have a dfferent Network configuration (in System Preferences) for the Ethernet connection and is it the one that is active ?

• Connecting to a Samsung TV no sound

I have a MacBook Pro (15-inch, Late 2008) that I am trying to connect to a Samsung TV.  I have a DVI to HDMI cable and can get video but not sound.  I have tried looking through lots of posts and have tried everything I can think of but still no sound.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks

Hi valleevistabrmn,
    The particular MacBook Pro that you have does not support audio through HDMI.  To get sound from your Mac into your Samsung TV, you would need to connect a cable with a 1/8-inch stereo jack on one end and a RCA jack (red and white) on the other end from the headphone jack on the Mac to an RCA input on your Samsung TV.  
    You'll need to refer to your Samsung TV manual for the correct settings on that device.
    In the System Preferences on your Mac, click Sound, click the Ouput tab, and choose the Samsung TV as the Output.   
    If you are not able to work with the audio on your TV directly, another option would be to connect the MacBook Pro to your home stereo.
    Connect your Mac to a home stereo, iPod, iPad, musical instruments, or speakers - Apple Support
    http://support.apple.com/en-in/HT201739
    Another option is to purchase an Apple TV, which will allow you to stream content from your Mac via your Wi-Fi connection to your Samsung TV.
    Apple TV - Buy Apple TV - Apple Store (U.S.)
    Apple TV gives you access to the best 1080p HD content — including blockbuster movies, hit TV shows, live sports, your music, photos, videos, and more — right on your high-definition TV. You can even play content from your iOS device or Mac on your TV using AirPlay. Apple TV requires an HDMI cable (sold separately).
    Apple - AirPlay — Play content from iOS devices on Apple TV.
    AirPlay lets you wirelessly stream what’s on your iOS devices and Mac to your HDTV and speakers.1 Or mirror exactly what’s on your display to the big screen. Guests can even easily share their content with peer-to-peer AirPlay.2 Vacation photos, blockbusters, presentations, the latest games — AirPlay and Apple TV put it all on your TV.
    I hope one of these options works for you.
    - Judy

• Connecting Macbook to Samsung TV

I purchased a mini dvi to video adapter, a yellow video cable and headphone to red/white audio cable.
    However when attempting to connect to my Samsung tv all I get is 'no signal'.
    I am unable to change the tv source to PC as this remains greyed out on the options list.
    Please can you help!

not sure how old of a model tv you have but i have a samsung too; a hdtv. if you have a hdmi port i would recommend that you get the mini dvi to hdmi cable (video) and get a 3.5MM to RCA (audio). you can get both of these for cheap @ onsale.com. This way you can use the PC input.
    I love using this in closed lid mode; highly recommend it. let me know if this helps.

• Lagging problem when connected to a Samsung Central Station 23"

Hi,
    I bought myself a Macbook Air(Summer, 2011 Edition) about 3 months ago roughly,
    and I also bought myself a Samsung Central Station 23" which works just as a thunderbolt or cinema display but much cheaper and much elegant.
    It also sends audio signal as well as usb datas when connected to a pc or a mac.
    Before buying this monitor, I searched for any history or experience regarding performance problem when hooked upto an external monitor the other users had,
    and while some people say there are no such problems with new intel i core series which includes much advanced graphic core and much faster processor,
    many people said they have experienced performance problems to some dregree as well.
    Now that I seem to have this huge problem of lagging with my MBA when connected to Samsung Central Station,
    I still have no idea why it is happening, nor how to fix the problem.
    I use my Macbook Air connected to a Samsung Central Station 23" and it runs 1080P Full HD resoultion, which isn't that big deal to incur performance decline.
    I shut my MBA screen when I use the external monitor, so there isn't much thing to interfere with the performance.
    I don't know about other people who use an external monitor, but my central station monitor works on Full HD resolution only when i close my MBA screen or connect it as a dual screen. If the screen is left open, it runs with the same resolution as the macbook air.
    when I start sensing decline in frame I always had my MBA open to lower the resolution which seemed to work fine again.
    But these days,even when it's disconnected from the monitor it seems to have problem and the only way to bring it to the normal condition is to restart it.
    when connected to the monitor It's even hard to open few tabs on Safari and play a web flash game.
    It lags so hard I cannot even turn to other screen on mission control or swith to other browser tab without making it delay for a second.
    I checked CPU and RAM resources when it started lagging, but almost 90% of the CPU resources was idle and more than 500MB of RAM was free.
    After restarting the computer CPU remained the same, but more than 2G of RAM was now free.
    Im guessing it has something to do with GPU performance but not sure how to fix the problem.
    Do you think it's my Macbook Air's hardware problem or is it the monitor? or something else?

I have the same issue. Were you able to find a resolution for this issue?

• Can't get printer to connect to my samsung galaxy tab 10.1.

Hp photosmart premium C410A  Windows 7    64- Bit  won't print. after installing app from the market it still wont print. wondering is there another app that I need for this to work? oh yes trying to connect with my samsung galaxy 10.1 tablet. any ideas?

Elishaf wrote:
    I have the same problem.  My HP printer connects easily to my Verizon Router network and I can print from my laptop - via this network.  My Samsung 10.1 table connects eaily to the router for WIFI.  However, when I scan, with the tablet, for bluetooth devices to connect to, so I can print from the tablet, it does not see the network or the printer.  I am obviously missing something here.  Thanks for any help

• How do you connect ipad to Samsung 6000 smart tv

How do you connect ipad to Samsung 6000 smart tv

You may need a Samsung app.
    Samsung SmartView
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/samsung-smartview/id359580639?mt=8
    Samsung TV Media Player HD
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/samsung-tv-media-player-hd/id514993136?mt=8
     Cheers, Tom

• M trying to connect a wireless Samsung 2525W printer

Hi
    I know it should be easy but I am trying to connect a wireless Samsung printer to my network without success
    It offers WPA personal or WPA2 personal - have tried both think WPA2 the right one
    Then offers AES or AES&TKIP - think either should work
    Then asks for WEP Key index ??? offers 1,2,3or 4 - not sure what this is
    Any help or suggestions
    many thanks

Maybe we can get the printer setup with the instructions from SS for the Mac.
    http://www.samsung.com/us/consumer/office/printers-multifunction/black-and-white -laser-printers/ML-2525W/XAA/index.idx?pagetype=prd_detail&tab=support#
    Try this and if you get stuck, post back and i will try to help.
    I have a wireless HP that I use to have setup wirelessly.
    Plus, the info from Samsung looks straight forward.
    later

• TS3623 Apple TV works fine if connected directly to Samsung tv, but shows no or incompatible signal when connected through Harman Kardon AVR 1565 av receiver, other signals like dish satellite receiver work fine both ways

Apple TV (1080p) works fine if connected directly to Samsung tv, but shows no or incompatible signal when connected through Harman Kardon AVR 1565 av receiver, other signals like dish satellite decoder work fine both ways.

Does it help if you set the output to 720p.

• How i connect iBooks with itunes on my nas?

How i connect iBooks with itunes on my nas?

I have been suckered by this problem too. I had all my e-books, mostly PDFs, saved on my NAS and available in iTunes. I wanted to access them from my old iMac with OS X 10.6.8 and my new iMac with OS X 10.9. But when the files were moved to iBooks, they disappeared from the NAS and now I'm in a mess. Thanks, Apple :-(

• What cable to connect ibook 2005 to tv

I  have a ibook circa 2005 i just want to connect it to a lcd samsung tv, struggling to get lead, the recommended one for post may 2010 ibooks is too small, (Thunderbolt i think) simillar fitting but too narrow.  The recommended one for pre 2009 is completely different fitting (the one with the two screws) please help a clueless mac user, thanks 

Hi, and welcome to Apple Support Communities.
    Check out Douglas McLaughlin's User Tip Which Video Adapter do I need?
    It offers links to appropriate adapters.
    The video adapter is pictured here:
    http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2721
    I note that the link in Doug's User Tip leads to a "Not found" page.
    This looks to be the one:
    http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/254623-REG/Apple_M9109G_A_Video_Adapter_fo r_Specific.html
    Note that you will also need audio cables to get audio.

• Connect iBook G4 to HD TV - HELP please

Can anyone tell me which cables I need to connect my iBook G4 to my Samsung LN-R238W HD TV? Which adapter works? Which cables do the best job? Does the iBook even have a VGA output?
    Can you tell I am clueless... ?
    I would like to use it to watch DVDs primarily, to display my desktop is merely secondary effect.
    Thanks so much!
    essie-dessie

Hi! As Duane said THIS adapter plugs into the iBook and then you can connect the vga monitor cable to it. The cable plugs into the port next to the headphone jack and has an icon that looks like a tiny monitor. The jack is on the right of the usb ports. Your tv would have to have a vga input jack. Tom
    The vga connector on the end of the adapter looks like the image below. T
    [IMG]http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/8944/250pxsvgaportgo1.jpg[/IMG]
    Message was edited by: Thomas Bryant

• MacBook Pro Connecting to a Samsung TV HDMI trouble. Please help ^^

Hi, I have been trying to connect my Macbook Pro to my Samsung TV LE32B530P7W (HDTV) with a MINI DISPLAYPORT to HDMI adapter and then the HDMI cable to the TV, but nothing shows up on the TV (it says no signal), what should I do to make it work?? Do I need to change settings on the Mac? on the TV? Also, the Mac's screen flashes blue as if it recognizes an external screen but the tv says "no signal"....
    I have also tried clicking on GatherWindows and Detect Display but nothing happens...
    please help XD

I've never heard of that brand, but I can tell you that the StarTech HDMI cable works fine on my 50" LG TV. Not all HDMI cables are created equal, and the HDMI spec is a moving target. When I connected mine, the MBP started flashing, looking for displays, and I switched the TV to that HDMI input while the MBP was looking. It sync'd perfectly. I've also got the genuine Apple DVI adapter, and got nothing on the same TV.

• How to Connect iBook with HDTV for iMovie?

How can I connect my iBook G4, which has iMovie 7, to an HDTV (or its VCR) in order to download the HDTV's digital file, for iMovie? I do this now for an analog signal TV using analog to digital converter between my iBook and an analog TV VCR. Will appreciate comments. Chuck Y. Chicago. 28 November 2008.

12/9/2008. My own answer follows. I phoned Apple Tech Support and they did not know. I phoned Computer Discount Warehouse Tech Support where I bought my iBook and they did not know. I phoned the Apple Store and they did not know, but said it would take a cord with the three--red, white, yellow--plugs for the TV set into a firewire plug for the iBook. I phoned Radio Shack and they did not know nor have such a cord. I phoned MacMall and they did not know. Finally I phoned Canopus who makes the converter to use between an analogue TV and my iBook, and they said that the converter would also accept the digital to digital signal from the TV VCR (after mid February 2009 TV change to digital) to my iBook. Best wishes. C. Yopst, Chicago

• Trouble connecting Macbook to Samsung LCD TV

Hello,
    I tried connecting my Macbook to my Samsung LCD TV (through a DVI to HDMI cable) but I only got a black screen and "No signal". The macbook detects the Samsung and even displays "SAMSUNG" as a detected display.
    I checked the TV manual and there I found "Don't connect a PC or laptop computer to the HDMI/DVI connectors (it will result in a black screen)"
    Does anybody know why? Any solution?
    Will this happen with a MacMini too? I had the intention to connect it to my TV and use it as a media center

Sorry to tell you that DVI does not support sound.  You either have to use a HDMI cable (with the appropriate adapter) or tap your audio output port with a 'Y' type cable configuration for sound.
    Ciao.

Maybe you are looking for

• Created invalid WSDL with the Integration Builder Wizard

Hello altogether, I'm sitting on a WSDL to Proxy scenario and therefore I created a WSDL file with the help of the Integration builder wizard and the how to guide. I created the URL after the standard scheme: http://<host>:<j2ee-port>/XISOAPAdapter/M

• How to Use the Function Module 'BAPI_BUSPROCESSND_CHANGEMULTI'

Dear Experts,          Can anyone Explain me how to Use the Function Module 'BAPI_BUSPROCESSND_CHANGEMULTI'.My Requirement is i want to change the Partners of the Service Order.It is Very Urgent Requirement Please Help me. Thanks & Regards, Ashok.

• Using external libraries in DS 5.2 plugins

Hello, I'm writing a moderately complicated preoperation plugin for Directory Server 5.2, and I've linked in glib 2.0 so I can use some of its data structures. Aside from some memory leaks I'm tracking down, things look okay, and the plugin behaves a

• Duplex Printing - running Mac OS X 10.9.3

I can't figure out how to turn on duplex printing on my MacBook running Mac OS X 10.9.3.  I've tried downloading the driver twice and I can't find the "Driver" tab as outlined in step 7 on the following link. http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/docume

• Start problem

hi I just buy an Iphone 4 it worked nicely until I installed some applications it restarted and stay on the apple during the boot i tried to restore with a 4.0,4.1,4.2 in recovery mode and i get an error i tried a basic restoration but never ends som