Connecting Dual Monitors T500

I undestand the T500 does have a displayport, as well as a VGA output. So I could easily connect two monitors for a dual monitor setup. But what would I do in order to connect two monitors digitally?
I currently have a 22" WSXGA screen and using the laptop as a second screen. But I figure another large monitor might increase productivity.
Thanks

Is there a trick to getting the display port to work?  I purchased a cablestogo displayport to DVI adapter and the machine does not recognize that any devices connected to it.  I went through the presentation manager to turn off the laptop screen and switch my video to displayport and vga and I get this error: 
The folloing settings you have selected cannot be applied properly. Change the setting and try again. External Monitor or Projector, Television
Resolution
Color Quality
any help would be apprecicated.

Similar Messages

• How do I connect dual monitors to my x61 with docking?

How do I connect dual monitors to my X61 with docking?

There are some ideas in this thread
    Andy  ______________________________________
    Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points
    Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you. Forum Search Option T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more. FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.
      Deutsche Community     Comunidad en Español    English Community Русскоязычное Сообщество
    PepperonI blog 

• Help needed to connect dual monitors.

Hi everyone. Here's my problem, I bought two Samsung SyncMaster 913v LCD TFT Displays.
    Both of these displays (since they aren't the digital LCD) connect the same way my old Sony Trinitron MultiscanG400 display connected, which I believe is the VGA connection or SVGA or whatever... I'm not smart enough to look into the difference.
    Anyway, I have the right Graphics/Video card to run dual monitors. I'm using the GeForce 2 TwinView and it has the required 64mb VRam.
    My problem is that there is only one port on the back for monitors. I believe the connection type next to it is an old pre-usb printer/scanner type of connector, LPT1 or whatever those are called.
    So do I need an adapter/connector to hook up both of my monitors to use it as a dual display? If not, what do I need to do?
    Thanks.

Hi,
    To clarify the last post by PB PM. Your present card meets those requirements.
    The GF2 Twinview card is sufficient. It has two outlets, one is VGA the other is ADC (Apple Display Connector). You will need a ADC to VGA Adapter, they cost @ $25-30. Hook one monitor to the existing VGA outlet, the other to the adapter on the ADC outlet.
    One example is here: http://eshop.macsales.com/item/AddLogix/MCAADCVGA/
    You can google for other prices.
    After the monitors are connected you may need to go to Displays Pref's and set it for dual monitors in Mirror or Span modes.
    Regards,
    Dave

• HT5219 How would I connect dual monitors and also a firewire cable?  Macbook Pro (Retina)

Currently I am using two thunderbolt to DVI connectors for the dual monitors, but I am left without any firewire cable connection for my audio interface. THe only adaptor I found was another thunderbolt to firewire, but since I already used these two ports, I am left with no options. I haven't been able to find any usb to firewire cable connections.
    Are there any other adapators/ports I can use that I am not aware of?

Something like this at US$300:
    http://store.apple.com/us/product/HB865ZM/A/belkin-thunderbolt-express-dock?fnod e=58
    Highlights
    One cable output provides instant access to eight ports
    Ability to daisy-chain up to five additional Thunderbolt devices
    Includes Cable-management channel
    One Gigabit Ethernet port
    One FireWire 800 port
    One Thunderbolt port
    One 3.5 mm headphone output Jack
    One 3.5 mm audio Input Jack
    Three USB 3.0 ports*
    [Click on this pictures to see it larger]

• To Connect dual monitors

I face the problem that myself unable to connect my laptop to an external monitor(i want use dual monitor way,simultaneously using both monitors). I tried my level best with all means,please help me in this regard.
    My HP Laptop Model is  15-d009TU
    Product : F6D30PA#ACJ

There are a number of ways to do this.
    The low cost old school method  with VGA output and a usb to VGA adapter (with software)
    How about three displays? It is more costly, but definitely updates the possibiolities.
    ****Please click on Accept As Solution if a suggestion solves your problem. It helps others facing the same problem to find a solution easily****
    2015 Microsoft MVP - Windows Experience Consumer

• Connecting Dual Monitors to my HP Laptop

I have a HP Envy  dv7 Laptop.
    Windows 8.1
    Inter Core i 7-3630QM [email protected] GHz
    16GB Ram
    64 bit
    1 TB HD
    Intel HD Graphics
    Nvida GeForce GT 635m
    2 monitors:
    HP w2207h W?: 1-HDMI; 1-VGA & 1- USBin.
    2-USB out
    HNC LCD 27" Monitor
    HDMI 1
    HDMI 2
    VGA
    I would like to connect both monitors to this laptop. The laptop has: 1-HDMI; 1-VGA.
    while this seems like a slam dunk, it isn't. They put the VGA and HDMI so close together that I can't plug both in at the same time. It's like they are forcing either the VGA or the HDMI. I'm a general contractor and need both monitors if at all possible. I look at job photos on one while utiizing a drawing program to produce job blueprints on another.  Had they left 1/4" between the VGA and HDMI imput plugs I would have been golden, but they didn't. Can anyone suggest a way to get these two monitors plugged in, and up and running.
    Thanks,
    Perrys6
    This question was solved.
    View Solution.

Ahhhhhh.  Well whatever works.  I had not thought of that.
    {---------- Please click the "Thumbs Up" to say thanks for helping.
    Please click "Accept As Solution" if my help has solved your problem. ----------}
    This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I do not work for HP.

• How to connect dual monitors

Hi, I am not very computer literate, so I apologize in advance.  For my job, I need to connect another monitor to my HP Touchsmart Desktop all in one model 310-1000, but do not know how or if it is possible.  Can you please tell me step by step what I need to know/do in order to connect another monitor?  Thank you in advance! 

Thank you for the additional information. I changed the link in my first post to show examples of USB 2.0 to DVI adapters.  You will have to make certain that you buy the correct one.  It has to match the connector on the monitor.  I suggest that you contact StarTech Customer Service for help with choosing one that matches your monitor.  You don't want to have to pay for return shipping if it is incorrect.  StarTech has good products. Please click the "Thumbs up + button" if I have helped you and click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved.

• Elitebook 810 - Displayport to VGA adaptor not connecting dual monitor

I bought a displayport to VGA adaptor (Insignia) for connecting Elitebook 810 to my old HP monitor. When I connect the monitor 'goes to sleep' and won't display. Received msg I can't recreate about not recognizing the hardware and to use HP hardware. Any fixes? Thanks!

Displayport is a digital signal.
    VGA is an analog signal.
    This will never work. Your solution is to either get the ultraslim dock that comes with VGA or get a monitor that has displayport OR HDMI.  Then you can buy the DP to HDMI (because both are digital signals). DP and HDMI carry the audio signal so you can hear audio from the monitor (if it has speakers).

• DVI connectors too big to connect dual monitors

I have an Nvidia FX3400 video board with dual DVI inputs. The inputs are physically too close together to connect two Apple monitors, apparently because Apple put a big white plastic housing around their DVI connectors which makes them bigger than standard spec. I've read a couple of solutions, including cutting down the plastic with a file. That's not a very elegant solution. Also, Apple seems to offer a little adaptor to solve the problem if you buy the computer and monitor from Apple. Seems Apple should supply these little pigtail adapters for free to those of us they inconvenienced over with their out-of-spec design.

i agree, that is pretty silly.
    don't know how many computers you have, but there are some dual DVI KVMs out there that might help you with this, IF you had any use for a KVM in the first place, since then you would be able to use standard DVI cables from the KVM to the card.

• Connecting Dual Monitors: HDMI & VGA to MacBook Pro (Non-Retina)?

Whats up Apple Fam,
    So i have a MacBook Pro along with a LCD TV i use as an external monitor and its connected via Mini DisplayPort to HDMI adapter.
    Now, i’d like to add an additional computer monitor, the cable coming out of it will be a VGA. Hence my question; what type of adapter will i need to accomplish my goal while achieving it at the lowest price possible?
    My only concern is that the Mini DisplayPort is already being used by the LCD TV. So i’m a bit unsure what to do. Any help is appreciated. Thanks !

You could purchase 2 mini displayport to DVI adapters ($30 ea) and use the 2 Thunderbolt ports. I have one external DVI monitor connected to 1 of my Thunderbolt ports. Works great!
    Sorry my mistake. You said non-Retina.

• Can I use dual monitors on a HP 8425f

Is it possible to connect dual monitors to an HP 8425F ?
    This question was solved.
    View Solution.

Kaymac2, welcome to the forum.
    You would have to add a discrete "PCI Express x16, video card" that has two connectors; DVI-D, DVI-I, HDMI, etc.  The Integrated Video is not available when a video card is installed.
    Adding a video card may require a power supply unit (PSU) upgrade, as well.  Most mid-level video cards require a minimum of 400W to operate properly.  The PSU in the computer is 350W.
    Please click "KUDOS Thumbs Up" if I have helped you and click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved.
    Signature:
    HP TouchPad - 1.2 GHz; 1 GB memory; 32 GB storage; WebOS/CyanogenMod 11(Kit Kat)
    HP 10 Plus; Android-Kit Kat; 1.0 GHz Allwinner A31 ARM Cortex A7 Quad Core Processor ; 2GB RAM Memory Long: 2 GB DDR3L SDRAM (1600MHz); 16GB disable eMMC 16GB v4.51
    HP Omen; i7-4710QH; 8 GB memory; 256 GB San Disk SSD; Win 8.1
    HP Photosmart 7520 AIO
    ++++++++++++++++++
    **Click the Thumbs Up+ to say 'Thanks' and the 'Accept as Solution' if I have solved your problem.**
    Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!
    I am not an HP employee.

• Dual monitor for M Series ThinkCentr​e with Intel hd graphics + i5 650 processor?

I have a  M Series (My guess it is M90) ThinkCentre desktop with Intel hd graphics + i5 650 processor (detailed info in pictures below), one vga port on the central unit, I would like to upgrade dual monitors to extend desk. 
    I checked online, someone said a Intel hd graphics doesn't support dual monitor, but some said yes. My questions are:
    1, could I upgrade to dual monitors with the Intel hd Graphics+i5 650 processor instead of upgrading a ATI video card?
    2, if 1 is yes, can I attach a vga 15-pin splitter to connect dual monitors? Thanks. 
    Solved!
    Go to Solution.

That model does support 2 monitors, the 2nd using the DisplayPort (DP.)   Not many monitors support DP as yet, if needed, a DP to DVI, HDMI or VGA can be bought.   Lenovo sells them, or I also recommend an AMD approved adapter :  
    http://support.amd.com/en-us/recommended/eyefinity​-adapters
    you need a single-link (if DVI), passive adapter.   And not mini-DP.  
    Search on "M90, monitor" in the search engine above right for more information.  

• Can't get dual monitors to come back up when docking. T500 with mini dock & XP

I have a T500 with XP installed. I am using it docked into a mini dock attached to two 20inch Viewsonic monitors. One connected via VGA and the other DVI. I setup the dual monitors just fine. Anytime after I undock and boot up the laptop I can't get the dual monitors to automatically display. I have to go into the display properties and re set it up each time. Can anyone suggest any ideas?

When your T500 power-on , press F1 to log in BIOS, and change the option in >config>Display>Boot-Display-Device to Both or VGA, I suppose that it will reslove your problem.

• I have 12 core with Quatro 4000 and 5770, I want to use dual monitor setup, monitors are NEC with Spectraview-II.  How do I connect?  4000 only has 1 Display Port and 1 DVI.  5770 has 2 of each, if I use both 5770 Display Ports, does the 4000 contribute?

I just bought a 12 core with Quatro 4000 and 5770, I want to use dual monitor setup, monitors are NEC with Spectraview-II.  How do I connect?  4000 only has 1 Display Port and 1 DVI.  5770 has 2 of each, if I use both 5770 Display Ports, does the 4000 contribute any work at all?  I read where on a PC they would work together, but on a MAC they do not.
    I read that Display Port has higher band width than DVI, NEC monitors for best performance they recommend using DIsplay Port.
    When I was setting this up I looked at a Nvidia Quadro 4000, unfortunately it was for PC, it had 2 Display Ports, in the Mac version they reduce it to one.  I did not think there could be a difference.
    Mainly want to use it for CS6 and LR4.
    How to proceed??? 
    I do not want to use the Quadro 4000 for both, that would not optimize both monitors, one DP and 1 DVI.  Using just the 5770 would work but I do not think the 4000 would be doing anything, and the 5770 has been replaced by the 5870.more bandwidth.
    Any ideas, I am a Mac newbie, have not ever tried a Mac Pro, just bought off ebay and now I have these problems.
    As a last resort I could sell both and get a 5870.  That would work, I'm sure of that, it's just that I wanted the better graphics card.
    Thanks,
    Bill

The Hatter,
    I am a novice at Mac so I read all I can.  From what I understand the NEC monitors I bought require Display Port for their maximum performance.  The GTX 680 only has DVI outputs.  Difference from what I understand is larger bandwidth with the DP.
    You said I have the 4000 for CUDA.  I am not all that familiar with CUDA and when I do read about it I do not understand it. 
    A concern I have is, that if I connect the 2 high end NEC monitors via the 5770, using it's 2 Display Ports I would have nothing connected to the 4000.  Is the 4000 doing anything with nothing connected?  I read where in a PC system the 2 cards would interact but in a Mac system they do not.
    Bottom line, as I see it, the 4000 will not be useful at all to me, since I want a dual monitor set-up.
    So far the 5870 seems the best choice, higher band width than the 5770, and it has 2 Display Ports to optimize the NEC monitors.
    I'm not sure how fine I am splitting hairs, nor do I know how important those hairs are.  I am just trying to set up a really fast reliable system that will mainly be used for CS6 and LR4.  Those NEC monitors are supposed to be top notch.

• Is it possible to connect my 2008 black macbook, to my new 2014 macbook pro retina display screen to make a dual monitor. If this is possible what cables would I need to buy?

Is it possible to connect my 2008 black macbook, to my new 2014 macbook pro retina display screen to make a dual monitor. If this is possible what cables would I need to buy?

You can try using Screen Sharing in the Sharing preferences. Or try a third-party utility such as ScreenRecycler.

Maybe you are looking for

• Adobe media encoder in acrobat proXI

I learned from tutorial video file of adobe that adobe media encoder is automatically installed when installing acrobat proXI. So I tried to find out this software in my computer. but failed. Is adobe media encoder included in acrobat pro XI as packa

• How to provide top of page in ALV reports

Hi.... here is requirement. i entered some 1000 to 2000 in the selection screen. now i want to display the same in output list. that is the <b></b>output from 1000 to 2000 are displayed with 1000 records<b></b> like this i want to display in top of l

• NullPointerException while calling a webservice

Hello, I want to use a this webservice: http://www.webservicex.net/WCF/ServiceDetails.aspx?SID=37 I have implement it, but I can not use it. Here my Code from the ComponentController:                AtomicModel model = new AtomicModel();             

• How can I make text in images in a jpg or gif not appear blurry?

Probably a very simple answer, but I'm a newb and could use the help. I'm creating an image for the web with a logo and text - the logo comes out ok, the text is all blurry. I've messed around with saving for web but no luck. It has to be a gif or a

• Finding unreferenced files

Hi, I just noticed that simply pressing the delete key only removes the reference to the actual file from the library, not the file itself. Pressing Command+delete will allow you to send the file to the trash as well. My problem now is how to find al