Connection malfunction between MacBookPro and Canon Rebel T3

Hello,
My name is Mattie.  I've never had a problem transfereing data from my camera to my computer, but yesterday I recorded a very important presentation for a job interview and I can't transfer it to my computer.  Final Goal to get it uploaded to U tube, then send my new boss the link.  Every time I connect the two the computer reads 'No Cameral Detected' and the cameral shuts off.  Then the computer will say something about it not being compatble to the operating system.
Thank  you!
Mattie

Hi Mattie,
I'm not sure which Mac OS you are running but there is a "System Information" utility on the Mac (how you access this depends on which version of OS X you are using) and it will indicate if the computer sees the camera attached via USB.
Also, what utility do you normally use to transfer data?  Is this a Canon utility such as EOS Utility (and which version) or are you using a 3rd party product (or Apple provided product)?
Depending on your MacBook Pro model, you may have an SD card slot in the side of the Mac.  If so, you can eject the card from the camera and insert it directly into the computer to copy images and video from the card (this is what I actually do most of the time only because the direct transfer feed with the card in the computer is faster than the USB speed.)
Tim Campbell
5D II, 5D III, 60Da

Similar Messages

• Sync between MacBookPro and iPhone 3G does not sync properly.  Calendars duplicate events but worse is that only contacts from Address book from letter T onwards sync.  Any contacts on iPhone which are not on Mac are lost during sync.

Sync between MacBookPro and iPhone 3G does not sync properly.  Calendars duplicate events but worse is that only contacts from Address book from letter T onwards sync.  Any contacts on iPhone which are not on Mac are lost during sync.
    Solutions?

No, I never really found an easy solution.  I believe it is an issue with some corruption in the iTunes database on the specific device.  In my case, both my iPad and iPhone now show duplicate stream songs if viewed through iTunes on my Mac, but they show different songs.  A couple years ago I had a similar issue on my iPhone, and Apple support suggested I back up the phone, completely reset it, and then restore it from the backup.  It did work, so I imagine it would probably work for my current issues with the iPhone and iPad.  But resetting and restoring an iPad or iPhone always makes me a little nervous that something will get lost.  When I did reset/restore the iPhone, I do have to say, the restore process was 100% perfect and I did not lose any data at all even though Apple support said I might.  If you try to go that route, I would suggest backing the device up both to a computer through iTunes, and to the iCloud so that you have a double backup.
    None of this really resolves the issue with how the iTunes databases are becoming corrupted on the apple devices though, so it is very likely to happen again until they fix it.  I have been unable to determine if there were any specific actions or conditions which caused the corruption to happen in the first place.
    Might be worth another call to Apple support, or dropping in the local Apple store if you have one near by.

• (UIX XML) Sharing Connection objects between BC4J and custom java.

If I have a UIX XML page that contains some BC4J application modules, then in the event handler I call [public static EventResult handleMyEventEvent (BajaContext context, Page page, PageEvent event..) ], which in turn calls some java classes I have written that take a java.sql.Connection object and access the database doing some updates/inserts with this Connection object (via JDBC)....HOW CAN I USE THE SAME TRANSACTION AS WAS USED IN THE BC4J APPLICATION MODULE...i.e. CAN I SHARE THE CONNECTION OBJECT BETWEEN BC4J AND MY OWN JAVA CLASSES THAT USE JDBC?
    What are the best ways to share such a transaction?
    Thanks,
    Paul.

Would it be easier to use a custom method on the bc4j Application module?
    Take this scenario...
    1. User opens UIX XML web page which opens a bc4j App Module..it has a VO based on all employees.
    2. User presses the add button and a new employee is created (using the bc4j App Module).
    (Notice: no commit yet!)
    3. User presses the submit button...fires event REVIEW_SALARY.
    4. This event is 'handled' in the event section of the UML XML...it calls:-
    public static EventResult handleREVIEW_SALARYEvent (BajaContext context, Page page, PageEvent event)...
    5. I now want to call a java class I wrote that computes an employees new salary and updates the employee record with this new salary. This update will fail unless it is part of the same transaction as the one used by the bc4j App Module (that inserted the new employee).
    How best to proceed from here?
    How about having a method on the bc4j App Mod's VO called 'reviewSalary'? Calling this would use the same transaction? I could then call my java class from within the VO's method? However do I still have the same problem in that my java class expects to be passed the connection object?
    The approach you suggested previously seems a touch dangerous....in that these are not 'publically exposed'...and a new release of JDev may break my code.
    Thanks,
    Paul.

• Camera Connection Kit Not Working with Canon Rebel

Using the connection and the Canon Rebel SRLD, I was not able to transfer pictures to the iPad.
    I was able to transfer pictures using the memory card.
    Not able to transfer pictures from the 3G iPhone.
    Should I take the connection kit, the camera, and the iPad to an Apple store to see why it's not working, or does anyone have any solutions.
    Thanks,

The cameras connection kit does not support the iPhone 3G.
    http://store.apple.com/us/product/MC531ZM/A?fnode=MTc0MjU4NjE&mco=MTc0Njk4NzU#ov erview
    It does however supports both the iPhone 3GS and 4.

• Adobe Bridge CS4 and Canon Rebel T3

I purchased a Canon Rebel T3 this week after my Canon Rebel XS died on me.  Unfortunately, the T3 doesn't seem to be compatible with my CS4 Bridge when downloading images from the camera.  It is unable to convert the files to DNG.  Is there an update to CS4 that works with a Canon Rebel T3?  From what I can tell, only CS5 will work with my camera, and that's not an option for me.  In the meanwhile, I have downloaded the Adobe DNG Converter for my Mac, while useful, isn't as clean a process as the conversion happening within Bridge itself.
    I've had a hell of a week with technical difficulties!  Thanks in advance for your help.

I have downloaded the Adobe DNG Converter for my Mac, while useful, isn't as clean a process as the conversion happening within Bridge itself.
    If you have used Adobe Updater for CS4 and have the latest ACR plug in for CS4 that is all you can do. If your camera is not supported (and since CS5 is more then a year ago released every new dSLR from then on is supported for the CS5 converters) you have two options.
    first is to upgrade to CS5
    second is to just use the free DNG converter as you do now. (have no ability to test but maybe there is little change Photodownloader will let you convert the files to DNG so just give it a try).
    But after having used DNG Converter and point Bridge to that folder you are able to work with the files as you used to do (rename, sort filter and adjust in ACR CS4). If you can't use Photodownloader for ingestion of files it is just a bit more work to get the same results in Bridge but it is possible

• Connectivity loss between PLC and Kepware

Hi Experts,
    I m working on SAP PCo and PLC connectivity using Kepware.
    I m trying to find out ways to find connectivity loss between
    1) PLC and kepware
    2) kepware and PCo
    For 2nd approch,if connectivity loss is there then PCo instance will go in error state and using remote monitoring we can get alert.
    But m not able to find any way for 1st approch.
    If PLC connection lost then only tag quality in kepware is bad.
    Is there any way in PCo expression editor to check tag quality so that i can trigger MII transaction?
    Thanks in advance.
    Regards,
    Neha

To add to Hubrisnsx's comment ... are you provisioned Ethernet or MoCA for the WAN connection?
    Edit: Never mind, I see in the first post you said MoCA.   So, if the MoCA channel is staying up, then it sounds like it might be something inside the ONT. 
    Keep in mind that while some Verizon folks do drop by these forums from time to time, that this is primarily are user to user forum where customers can help one another.

• Connection failures between iMac and Macbook Pro

I'm experiencing frequent connection failures over my wi-fi network between my iMac and Macbook Pro on an otherwise strong, stable network. I can connect both of my computers to the Airport Time Capsule that I use as my wireless router without a problem, but for some reason I get connection failures between the computers say, 50% of the time. Sometimes it works fine, others it just hangs before giving me an error message. Any suggestions?
    OS 10.9.3 on both machines
    Apple Airport Extreme Time Capsule
    iMac, 3.06GHz i3 (2010)
    Macbook Pro Retina, 2.4 GHz i7 (1st Gen)

Hi jt in nyc,
    Some checks:
    Use Airport Utility on one of the machines
    - Click on the Time Capsule ( enter password if prompted )
    - Click on the Edit button
    Under Airport Utility -> Wireless -> Wireless Options
    Are the Time Capsule Wireless options set correctly?
    - Country -> you know this, change if it is not
    - 2.4GHz and 5GHz Channel set to Automatic
    - Click on Cancel button to return to the Airport Utility graphic diagram.
    - Click on the Time Capsule
    - Click on your machines listed beside wireless clients
    Are the machines reporting an excellent quality at different distances from the Time Machine?

• Color mismatch between CS4 and Canon PIXMA PRO6500

Hi there! I am trying to research if anyone else is having a problem with color mismatch between CS4 and their printer. Last night I printed a .tiff image out of CS4 to my Canon PRO6500 printer and the sky came out purple / pink! It was supposed to be a stormy grey color. I have the color management turned off on the printer settings. I have CS4 manages color turned on and the correct ICC profile selected for the paper I am using. When I do a soft proof in CS4 the image looks fine, but when I print I get something completely different, mostly with the sky (purple / pink) color! Just for the heck of it I did a Print Preview under my Page Setup and guess what, the sky actually shows purple / pink! So I have no idea what's going on. I checked all my setting, ink cartridges, tried different paper with the appropriate ICC profile and no dice. Still have a goofy looking sky! I thought PROOFING the image is supposed to show you how the printed image is going to look? apparently it doesn't because it's not. The Print Preview has an accurate representation of the print but I have no idea where the pink / purple sky is coming from. They are supposed to be stormy clouds as I said. I appreciate any help anyone can provide .
    Sabciu

I have the color management turned off on the printer settings.
    But do you have a measured color profile based on a sample print? Most likely not, so this is not doing anything in your favor. The current profile may present the defaults for a given printer, but not the actual density based on your other printer settings. So by all means, unless you can be sure to obey a full calibration throughout, turn on the printer CM. Also, since it is a Pro model, you may actualyl have to use the dedicated RIP software that was bundled with it to get correct results, not the default windows print engine.
    Mylenium

• Connecting OC48 Between ASR9K and ASR1K

Hi there.
    I don't know the first thing about the  WAN something like POS...
    Now I'm facing some problem with connecting OC48(POS) between ASR9K and ASR1K.
    There are new 9K and new 1K  in same server rack for the test.
    So i tried to test these for connecting OC48
    9K and 1K is directly connected by OC48
    9K : A9K-SIP-700 // SPA-2XOC48POS/RPR    // SFP-OC48-SR
    1K : ASR1000-SIP10 // SPA-1XOC48-POS    // SFP-OC48-SR
    After connecting these two devices directly, ASR1K shows the interface status is up/up 
    but ASR9K ... the interface status is down/down. 
    I didn't configure anything. Do i need to configure something ? 
    When i connected POS port 1 and POS port 2 directly in the same ASR 9K chassis, the interface is up/up
    please help me out 
    Thank you in advance. :)

exactly, so the transmit side of the 9k needs to be connected to the receive side of the 1k.
    the transmit side of the 1k needs to be connected to the receive side of the 9k.
    download this doc for reference:
    http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/interfaces_modules/shared_port_adapters/install_upgrade/ASR1000/asr_sip_spa_hw/ASRsov.html#pgfId-1136398
    Another link discussing the type of testing you are attempting:
    http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/optical/synchronous-optical-network-sonet/16181-posclocking-16181.html

• Premiere 10, and Canon rebel 3Ti Blurry!

I am using windows 7, and canon T31 film camera on the movie recording size is set at 1920 x 1080
    I do not know what my settings should be regarding opening a new project, so please don't ask me what settings I am using, I am using whatever opens up on the software.
    When i go to "share" which used to be export I guess, i share for other computers.  There is a message of "format of clips you are adding do not match the project settings format. For best results you should use the project presets that match your clips" When I chose, YES to this, i still get a blurry end result.
    Please help.  I've got a great camera, great software, don't understand why this ins't working.

You say...
    I do not know what my settings should be regarding opening a new project, so please don't ask me what settings I am using
    AND
    No one brave enought to answer???
    AND
    The settings are whatever pops up automatically
    AND
    don't understand why this ins't working
    I'm sorry... I don't know you, but I am going to say what I've not seen anyone else say
    If you are not able to read the help file to find out how to use the program, you may not be cut out to do video editing
    You do not get into an automobile with a standard transmission and complain it does not drive well... after saying you do not know how to change gears so you just always drive in the same gear on all roads
    For video editing you really need to READ and learn how to use the program
    Saying "please don't ask" just is not going to work... for anyone here to help, we MUST ask what you are doing... and YOU must read and learn to help yourself
    Different kinds of video require a different project setting to work properly
    Do some reading and learn how to change gears... see below
    Steve's Basic Training Tutorials http://forums.adobe.com/thread/537685
    -v10 http://www.amazon.com/Muvipix-com-Guide-Premiere-Elements-Version/dp/1466286377/
    FAQ http://forums.adobe.com/community/premiere_elements/premiere_elements_faq
    TIPS http://forums.adobe.com/community/premiere_elements/premiere_elements_tips
    User Guide PDF http://help.adobe.com/en_US/premiereelements/using/index.html
    Right click PDF link in the upper right corner and select to save to your hard drive for easy searching

• Problem with Internet connection sharing between eMac and Powerbook G3

Hi,
    I seem to be having a slight problem with internet connection sharing.
    My eMac is the main machine with the internet connection, and its running 10.4.6, the Powerbook G3 is running 10.2.8.
    I can connect them all up and get online with both, but I the problem I am having is when I turn the Firewall on on the eMac, the powerbook can't connect.
    Is there anyway I can keep the Firewall enabled and still use internet connection sharing?

How do I know which ports the Powerbook is using?
    Also I had web sharing enabled on the eMac and it made no difference at all.
    Plus I don't know if this means anything to you, trying to decipher it myself, all I can make out myself on there is port 80.
    May 31 21:26:30 Craigs-Macintosh ipfw: 12190 Deny TCP 10.0.2.2:49743 67.15.24.40:80 in via en1
    May 31 21:26:34 Craigs-Macintosh ipfw: Stealth Mode connection attempt to UDP 10.0.2.1:192 from 10.0.2.2:49531
    May 31 21:26:34 Craigs-Macintosh ipfw: Stealth Mode connection attempt to UDP 10.0.2.1:192 from 10.0.2.2:49532
    May 31 21:26:39 Craigs-Macintosh ipfw: Stealth Mode connection attempt to UDP 10.0.2.1:192 from 10.0.2.2:49533
    May 31 21:26:39 Craigs-Macintosh ipfw: Stealth Mode connection attempt to UDP 10.0.2.1:192 from 10.0.2.2:49534
    May 31 21:26:42 Craigs-Macintosh ipfw: 12190 Deny TCP 10.0.2.2:49743 67.15.24.40:80 in via en1
    May 31 21:26:44 Craigs-Macintosh ipfw: Stealth Mode connection attempt to UDP 10.0.2.1:192 from 10.0.2.2:49535
    May 31 21:26:44 Craigs-Macintosh ipfw: Stealth Mode connection attempt to UDP 10.0.2.1:192 from 10.0.2.2:49536
    May 31 21:29:12 Craigs-Macintosh ipfw: 12190 Deny TCP 10.0.2.2:49746 17.254.0.91:80 in via en1
    May 31 21:29:15 Craigs-Macintosh ipfw: 12190 Deny TCP 10.0.2.2:49746 17.254.0.91:80 in via en1

• Ad hoc connexion between MBP and Canon WFTE2

Hi there
    Impossible to make an ad hoc wifi connexion between my computer and my Canon wft (wifi files transmitter), at the begining everything goes fine , computer find my camera and camera find my computer , when I connect both ; I'm losing the connexion...
    When are you about to fix this, I have a MBpro 15" and a Mac Pro , I 'm photographer and I need this to work, by the way it's working fine on my windows mini computer.......If some photographers here, please tell me about your experience with this..
    Best regards
    studiophoto1

Hi,
    So you're connecting your computer to the wireless, then putting a cable from the computer to an other device, if I'm understanding correctly.
    Did you see if both devices generate IP address's?
    I'm sure if you call Canon, they will be able to help you.
    Bonne chance.

• SSL Connection Configuration between Apache and Weblogic 8,1

I'm currently using Apache web server as a front end server for Weblogic server 8.1 and now i' facing some configuration problem to setting up the SSL connection between this 2 server. When i open my web application page, it shows
    Failure of Server Apache bridge
    No backend server available for connection: timed out after 10 seconds or idempotent set to OFF.
    and my proxy.log shows:
    Thu Nov 03 09:36:41 2011 <182413202842013> INFO: SSL is configured
    Thu Nov 03 09:36:41 2011 <182413202842013> INFO: SSL configured successfully
    Thu Nov 03 09:36:41 2011 <182413202842013> Using Uri /favicon.ico
    Thu Nov 03 09:36:41 2011 <182413202842013> After trimming path: '/favicon.ico'
    Thu Nov 03 09:36:41 2011 <182413202842013> The final request string is '/favicon.ico'
    Thu Nov 03 09:36:41 2011 <182413202842013> SEARCHING id=[ebwdsk298.ebworx.com:7002] from current ID=[ebwdsk298.ebworx.com:7002]
    Thu Nov 03 09:36:41 2011 <182413202842013> The two ids matched
    Thu Nov 03 09:36:41 2011 <182413202842013> @@@FOUND...id=[ebwdsk298.ebworx.com:7002], server_name=[10.122.50.218], server_port=[80]
    Thu Nov 03 09:36:41 2011 <182413202842013> attempt #0 out of a max of 5
    Thu Nov 03 09:36:41 2011 <182413202842013> general list: trying connect to '10.122.50.48'/7002/7002 at line 2696 for '/favicon.ico'
    Thu Nov 03 09:36:41 2011 <182413202842013> New SSL URL: match = 0 oid = 22
    Thu Nov 03 09:36:41 2011 <182413202842013> Connect returns -1, and error no set to 10035, msg 'Unknown error'
    Thu Nov 03 09:36:41 2011 <182413202842013> EINPROGRESS in connect() - selecting
    Thu Nov 03 09:36:41 2011 <182413202842013> Setting peerID for new SSL connection
    Thu Nov 03 09:36:41 2011 <182413202842013> 0a7a 3230 5a1b 0000 .z20Z...
    Thu Nov 03 09:36:41 2011 <182413202842013> Local Port of the socket is 2121
    Thu Nov 03 09:36:41 2011 <182413202842013> Remote Host 10.122.50.48 Remote Port 7002
    Thu Nov 03 09:36:41 2011 <182413202842013> general list: created a new connection to '10.122.50.48'/7002 for '/favicon.ico', Local port:2121
    Thu Nov 03 09:36:41 2011 <182413202842013> Hdrs from clnt:[Host]=[10.122.50.218]
    Thu Nov 03 09:36:41 2011 <182413202842013> Hdrs from clnt:[Connection]=[keep-alive]
    Thu Nov 03 09:36:41 2011 <182413202842013> Hdrs from clnt:[Accept]=[*/*]
    Thu Nov 03 09:36:41 2011 <182413202842013> Hdrs from clnt:[User-Agent]=[Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1) AppleWebKit/535.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/14.0.835.163 Safari/535.1]
    Thu Nov 03 09:36:41 2011 <182413202842013> Hdrs from clnt:[Accept-Encoding]=[gzip,deflate,sdch]
    Thu Nov 03 09:36:41 2011 <182413202842013> Hdrs from clnt:[Accept-Language]=[en-US,en;q=0.8]
    Thu Nov 03 09:36:41 2011 <182413202842013> Hdrs from clnt:[Accept-Charset]=[ISO-8859-1,utf-8;q=0.7,*;q=0.3]
    Thu Nov 03 09:36:41 2011 <182413202842013> URL::sendHeaders(): meth='GET' file='/favicon.ico' protocol='HTTP/1.1'
    Thu Nov 03 09:36:41 2011 <182413202842013> Hdrs to WLS:[Host]=[10.122.50.218]
    Thu Nov 03 09:36:41 2011 <182413202842013> Hdrs to WLS:[Accept]=[*/*]
    Thu Nov 03 09:36:41 2011 <182413202842013> Hdrs to WLS:[User-Agent]=[Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1) AppleWebKit/535.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/14.0.835.163 Safari/535.1]
    Thu Nov 03 09:36:41 2011 <182413202842013> Hdrs to WLS:[Accept-Encoding]=[gzip,deflate,sdch]
    Thu Nov 03 09:36:41 2011 <182413202842013> Hdrs to WLS:[Accept-Language]=[en-US,en;q=0.8]
    Thu Nov 03 09:36:41 2011 <182413202842013> Hdrs to WLS:[Accept-Charset]=[ISO-8859-1,utf-8;q=0.7,*;q=0.3]
    Thu Nov 03 09:36:41 2011 <182413202842013> Hdrs to WLS:[Connection]=[Keep-Alive]
    Thu Nov 03 09:36:41 2011 <182413202842013> Hdrs to WLS:[WL-Proxy-SSL]=[false]
    Thu Nov 03 09:36:41 2011 <182413202842013> Hdrs to WLS:[WL-Proxy-Client-IP]=[10.122.50.48]
    Thu Nov 03 09:36:41 2011 <182413202842013> Hdrs to WLS:[Proxy-Client-IP]=[10.122.50.48]
    Thu Nov 03 09:36:41 2011 <182413202842013> Hdrs to WLS:[X-Forwarded-For]=[10.122.50.48]
    Thu Nov 03 09:36:41 2011 <182413202842013> Hdrs to WLS:[X-WebLogic-Force-JVMID]=[unset]
    Thu Nov 03 09:36:41 2011 <182413202841921> INFO: No session match found
    Thu Nov 03 09:36:41 2011 <182413202842013> INFO: No CA was trusted, validation failed
    Thu Nov 03 09:36:41 2011 <182413202841921> INFO: DeleteSessionCallback
    Thu Nov 03 09:36:41 2011 <182413202842013> ERROR: SSLWrite failed
    Thu Nov 03 09:36:41 2011 <182413202842013> SEND failed (ret=-1) at 789 of file ../nsapi/URL.cpp
    Thu Nov 03 09:36:41 2011 <182413202842013> *******Exception type [WRITE_ERROR_TO_SERVER] raised at line 790 of ../nsapi/URL.cpp
    Thu Nov 03 09:36:41 2011 <182413202842013> Marking 10.122.50.48:7002 as bad
    Thu Nov 03 09:36:41 2011 <182413202842013> got exception in sendRequest phase: WRITE_ERROR_TO_SERVER [os error=0,  line 790 of ../nsapi/URL.cpp]: at line 3078
    Thu Nov 03 09:36:41 2011 <182413202842013> INFO: Closing SSL context
    Thu Nov 03 09:36:41 2011 <182413202842013> INFO: Error after SSLClose, socket may already have been closed by peer
    Thu Nov 03 09:36:41 2011 <182413202842013> Failing over after WRITE_ERROR_TO_SERVER exception in sendRequest()
    Can anyone tell me what should i do in order to correct this error? Your help is kindly appreciate!!! Please~

1) Is the managed server up?
    2) from apache server are you able to bind the managed server port?
    3) can you pls send the weblogic ssl configuration?

• Connectivity issue between ABAP and JAVA stack

Hi All
    we are facing the following issue while running interface. message got failed while processing Graphical mapping in Java stack. Can any one please help us what could be the issue here? Is there anything we missed from Config / XI development.
    This message was failed with not more than 200 MB file.
    XIServer
    JCO_SYSTEM_FAILURE
    connection to partner 'localhost:0' broken / CPIC-CALL: 'ThSAPCMRCV' : cmRc=20 t
    "SYSTEM FAILURE" during JCo call. connection to partner 'localhost:0' broken / CPIC-CALL: 'ThSAPCMRCV' : cmRc=20 t
    A
    Appreciate your quick response.

Hi Yadagiri,
    Please check the reply from Carlos in the below thread
    Re: increasing heapsize of java on WINDOWS 2003
    Also check your sm59 RFC destination, i guess there is some problem.
    Delete AI_RUNTIME_JCOSERVER(RFC connection between the Java engine and the ABAP engine) and create it again.
    Hope tht will resolve ur issue...
    Regds,
    Pinangshuk.

• Testing SSL Connections, differences between ABAP and JAVA stacks

Hello,
       I am trying to test an outbound SSL connection to a partner.   I already have multiple outbound connections to many partners, but this new one is causing an issue.   Our firewalls between the two sites are opened as required, I verified that I can telnet to the 443 port of their sever.   I then attempted to connect to their URL, via a Java SOAP message, and it is rejected.  Some kind of error regarding our handshake.
       In an attempt to troubleshoot the issue I entered their URL in SM59 as a HTTPS connection, tested it, it worked fine.   Which indicates to me that the ABAP side works fine.
       I do the same on the Java stack, via the SOA Manager: Destinations, and it fails.
    "Error during ping operation: Error while silently connecting org.w3c.www.protocol.http.Http.Eception: Peer sent alert: Alert Fatal: unexpected message"
      I was thinking that maybe the remote partner only allows specific types of SSL version connection, and the Java side is too low.  i.e. the partner only allows TLS v1, and we are attempting to use SSL v2.    Is there a place to set this on the Java side?  I know I can set inbound parameters on ICM via SMICM.
      Any help or assistance would be most appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Michael Montone

Hi,
    I suggest that you verify if you use the same release of the SAP Cryptolib  for the ABAP and the Java stack.
    This could explain a difference of support for SSL or TLS.
    Regards,
    Olivier

Maybe you are looking for

• How do I retrieve lost file?

I have just opened a file from a UBSstick. Then I changed to a new file, but when i went back to the first file i had an error message. It said the first file did not exist, however it is listed on the files that has been opened. How do I retrieve it

• How can I get a trial version of Captivate 5.5?

I very much need access to a trial version of Captivate 5.5.  Every time I think I have found one, I am eventually offered Captivate 7.  I really need 5.5.

• Why is it so difficult for Adobe to manage a simple Creative Cloud membership?

I have a one year committed Creative Cloud plan which started at the end of December. Actually I tried to purchase it at the end of December, for some reason they managed to validate my subscription in two weeks. Anyway, only 3 months passed and my p

• Configuring an iMac

Hi all In the next few weeks, I'll purchase an iMac. It will replace a Dell desktop that's just too old and frustrating to use (windows 98, arrgh!). Mostly this will be used to surf, email and maybe if I equip it correctly, do a bit of gaming - I hav

• Unable to download the latest version of iTunes (11.1)  for Windows XP

I am trying to download the latest version of iTunes (11.1)  for Windows XP.  When I click on download from the Apple iTunes Support site (http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/ ), no file is downloaded from Apple.  What gives?  And yes, I did check t