Did Lenovo forget to install the Bluetooth modem in my T60

Hello everyone,
I have a T60, and according to the model #, it has bluetooth.
However, when I use the Fn+F5 key....it only shows the wireless internet card....no bluetooth option. There is no bluetooth icon in the control panel and the little LED icons below the monitor don't show a Bluetooth logo (like my T61 does).
Does this T60 have bluetooth and it's just not activated, or did Lenovo forget to install it?
The model # is 2007-75U
I have tried installing drivers from the Lenovo website and it still can't find any Bluetooth hardware.
Thanks,
Pacman

As you are going to be swapping out the keyboard, acording to your post here, you will be able to have a look to see if a BT card is installed. Instructions on how to remove the keyboard are found here.
Andy  ______________________________________
Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you. Forum Search Option T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more. FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.
  Deutsche Community     Comunidad en Español    English Community Русскоязычное Сообщество
PepperonI blog 

Similar Messages

• When I try to take a print out from documents in my mailbox, it tell´s me that it can not find the printer??. I have just downloaded epson iprint since I have an Epson wifi printer. The iprint did find and succesfully installed the printer.

When I try to take a print out from documents in my mailbox, it tell´s me that it can not find the printer??. I have just downloaded epson iprint since I have an Epson wifi printer. The iprint did find and successful installed the printer. Somebody who knows what to do?

Chances are you Can only print from the app from the printer maker
    And where you are Trying to print from May only work with AirPrint able printers which the epson would not be

• HT201412 MY IPAD DOESN T TURN ON ITS WRITTEN TO TURN ON ITUNES AND WHEN I DID ASKED TO RESTORE SO I DID AND IS NOT INSTALLING THE SOFTWARE

MY IPAD DOESN T TURN ON ITS WRITTEN TO TURN ON ITUNES AND WHEN I DID ASKED TO RESTORE SO I DID AND IS NOT INSTALLING THE SOFTWARE

FORCE IPAD INTO RECOVERY MODE
    1. Turn off iPad
    2. Turn on computer and launch iTunes (make sure you have the latest version of iTune)
    3. Plug USB cable into computer's USB port
    4. Hold Home button down and plug the other end of cable into docking port.
    DO NOT RELEASE BUTTON until you see picture of iTunes and plug
    5. Release Home button.
    ON COMPUTER
    6. iTunes has detected iPad in recovery mode. You must restore this iPad before it can be used with iTunes.
    7. Select "Restore iPad"...
    Note:
    1. Data will be lost if you do not have backup
    2. You must follow step 1 to step 4 VERY CLOSELY.

• Ideapad A720 Windows 8 Pro can't install the bluetooth driver

I upgraded to Windows 8 than went to the Lenovo site and down loaded a few of the drivers that it needs (primarily the NVIDIA video driver), however Windows 8 forced me to uninstall the Bluetooth driver before doing the upgrade. 
    Downloading the Bluetooth A720 Windows 8 driver from the support site doesn't seem to work.  You run the install, it unpacks than dies and does run.  trying to force the setup to run from the driver folder throws an error saying I am missing the blue tooth license.
    Any guess here?  everything else seems to be work on Windows 8 great, multi-touch 27" is gorgeous just opening bing.com is a cool experience.

Hi,
    Have you tried these command to uninstall and reinstall the right key?
    slmgr.vbs /upk
    slmgr.vbs -ipk YOUR-ACTIVATION-KEY-HERE
    slmgr.vbs -ato
    As I known, during clean installation of Windows 8 pro, we need to enter the product key.
    What kind of Windows 8 pro did you try to install on your Windows 8 PC? Is this just a pro package? or full version?
    Kate Li
    TechNet Community Support

• How to install the bluetooth driver in windows 8

my bluetooth is not work

Hi hesham_434, and welcome to the HP Forums! 
    I understand that you are having an issue installing a Bluetooth on your computer. I will try my best to assist you with this. To better guide you, could you please tell me the model number of your computer and the operating system that is running on it. Here are a couple of guides in case you need them.
    How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?
    Which Windows operating system am I running?
    I am also including these documents in hopes that they will resolve your Bluetooth issue. 
    Understanding Bluetooth Wireless Technology
    Using Bluetooth Devices (Windows 8)
    Fixing Bluetooth Problems
    I hope this information helps, please let me know how it goes.
    Thank you and have a great day!
    I worked on behalf of HP.

• Did Adobe forget to include the new "Preserve Details" algorithm in Preferences General Image Interpolation?

In Photoshop CC 2014, if I open the "Image Size" dialog, using CTRL-I, I can choose which resample algorithm to use such as Automatic, and the new "Preserve Details" among others.
    But when I go into:  Preferences > General > Image Interpolation
    The new "Preserve Details" algorithm is not listed.  Did Adobe forget to include this?  How do I tell Photoshop CC to use the new algorithm when using tools such as Crop?

That's about it, DP.
    I still say that an adaptation of the "Preserve Details" function to be a general purpose image resampling tool (e.g., for use in crops, transforms, etc.) would be WELL worth Adobe doing.
    -Noel

• Cannot install the XP Modem driver for Satellite Pro A200

I'm a local network admin for Newbold College. We have new A200 laptops and we need XP Pro on some of them. I have tried to install the modem driver as one of the last drivers downloaded from the european support site. I also tried to Canadian site as well.
    The driver install program doesn't seem to do anything. I tried to manually install the driver from one of Windows modem Agse/Toshiba software modem, but I have com port issues and I can't quire the modem.
    Can anyone help me please!!!!!!!

Hi
    What to say; I have checked the Toshiba Europe driver page and found all necessary and important XP drivers for the Satellite Pro A200.
    Please note that the Toshiba European driver page provides XP drivers for 3 different Sat Pro A200 series!!! There is PSAE1, PSAE4 and PSAE7 series.
    Please choose the right one!!!!
    Furthermore you will find an installation instruction txt file on the Tosh page.
    In this file you will find a right and important installation driver order!!! Please follow these steps!!!
    I dont know exactly why you get the modem com port problems but I assume that a new XP and driver installation should solve this strange issue.
    Good luck

• Qosmio F20: How to install the bluetooth card?

Hello,
    Can you help please ? I have ordered few weeks ago an usb bluetooth but on the phone the seller told me that the version that I ordered has been replaced by a new one PA3477U-28TM but it's a bluetooth card and I don't know how to install it. Does anyboby could help me?
    Thanks in advance
    Sisi

Hello Sisi
    According the notebook specification BT on your notebook is not available and it means your Qosmio is not BT upgradeable. Only solution for you is usage of external USB BT stick.

• Install the Bluetooth cause blue screen

hey, I purchase a Lugulake Bluetooth Speaker but cannot use it, When I installed Bluetooth driver cause my PC(win 7 system) blue screen.

Hi and welcome to the community! Since you're new please be sure that you have checked out our Discussion guidelines.
    Can't really see how this is related the phone. Could you please elaborate a bit?
     - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff
    If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
    If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

• I install the Mavericks update but it shows it did not update, I install the Mavericks update but it shows it did not update

I installed Marvericks but is shows still not installed in the updates. What do I need to do?

If you do the "About this Mac" thing in the Apple menu - what version does it say you have?

• [prob] what did i forget to install in gnome?!

hello all, i am trying the to migrate from kde to gnome...
    where is the terminal [console]?
    music player?
    Thx for the help...

The terminal is called gnome-terminal, I think it's located in the system subfolder on the menu? (edit: or applications)
    There are a few options for gnome music player. Rhythmbox, Banshee, and exaile all come to mind
    Last edited by heleos (2009-06-18 01:24:32)

• Bluetooth Modem disconnect/timeout

Hi
    I currently have a Eee Pc 1000he running windows xp and windows 7 rc. I have been trying to get my netbook to connect via bluetooth to my nokia e71 so that I can use internet when on the go. My issue is that when I connect to the handset everything works well but it seems to stop working after 5 - 10 minutes or so. The gprs internet still works fine yet no data goes thru the DUN connection anymore and my only option to get reconnected is to restart my phone. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can make the bluetooth modem connection more stable? This happens even if I have the phone right next to the netbook.
    Any suggestions would be appreciated, it is interesting to note that this happens in both windows xp and windows 7 using the latest BT drivers for the netbook.

@adfh:
    there's a Hot Fix available from Microsoft, to resolve this issue, Did you installed that?
    When we try to connect to internet using Ovi suite first time, Ovi suite tells us to download that hot fix, gives the link. so try that.
    Previous Phones: 6600, 7610, 6230, 6230i, 1100, 1112, N70, N73, N95, N95 8GB, 5800XM, 5230, C5, iPhone 3GS, SE Xperia X10, N900, N8, SE Xperia Arc
    Current Phones: Nokia N9, iPhone 4

• Changing the Bluetooth interface language

I installed the Bluetooth aplication on my T61 and the interface is in Hebrew. How can I change it to English?

what is the main language you are using on your laptop??? also what location did you select in your Language and Region in Control panel....
    Doesn't the installation usually ask you what language you want it install in???
    Regards,
    Jin Li
    May this year, be the year of 'DO'!
    I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft

• How I got the Bluetooth Magic mouse and Aluminum keyboard to work in XP

NOTE: The following steps fixed my issue. I thought I would share what worked for me but I really don't ever visit these discussion groups. I used a combination of Sysinternal tools to isolate what was causing my issue and rectified it.
    I couldn't for the life of me get the bluetooth magic mouse and keyboard working in a bootcamp'd windows xp. Here are the steps that I performed to finally get it to work. The assumptions are that you are running a clean XP build with SP3 and all windows updates installed.
    1. Using a USB mouse and keyboard. Insert the OS X install disc into the drive and run through the bootcamp drivers install. (These steps are outlined at Page 12 in the Apple Boot Camp Installation Guide: http://manuals.info.apple.com/en/bootcampinstall-setup.pdf). Let the installers run per apple instructions in the bootcamp installation guide. At the end it will want to reboot. Reboot the system.
    2. After the system reboots login and run the Apple Software Update utility to update from bootcamp 3.1 to 3.2. It will run through a bunch of installers and ask to reboot at the end. Reboot.
    3. After the system reboots login and go to start=>run and type "services.msc" to bring up the services control panel.
    4. Double-click the "Bluetooth Support Service" to open the properties.
    5. Go to the "log on" tab and look to see what is set. If it is set to "NT Authority\LocalService" then click above it to change to "Local System account." Then click "OK." It will tell you the changes won't take effect until the service is restarted. No worries.
    6. You will be back in the main services control panel. Make sure the "Bluetooth Support Service" is highlighted and look up to the left and select "restart the service."
    7. Close all the open windows and then go to start=>run and type "control panel" and hit enter.
    8. Double-click the "Bluetooth devices" control panel applet and follow the Apple instructions provided on Page 18 of the guide referred to earlier. Start with the mouse first. Stop when done with the mouse and don't continue on to the keyboard yet.
    9. At this point my mouse was "installed" but did not show "connected" in the bluetooth devices applet. I then highlighted the mouse and clicked the "properties" button down to the right.
    10. Once in the properties of the mouse I selected the "services" tab. My issue before making the switch to "Local System" account for the Bluetooth services was then when I tried to click the check box to enable "Drivers for keyboard, mice, etc (HID)" I would get an "access denied" error. Now that the switch has been made you should be able to click that check box without error. Click OK after enabling.
    11. You will suddenly see systray (lower right of the screen where the clock is) saying that new hardware has been detected and enabled. Once this is all done you will see "connected" below the device in the Bluetooth applet. Give your mouse a go. It should be working now. Sweet!
    12. Follow the steps in the Apple guide for your keyboard. This should work too now. Sweet!
    Best of luck.

It depends on how far it is and how thick your walls are. If there plasterboard partitions and only 10 feet apart then probably.
    If you have a mobile phone with bluetooth, then try sending the computer a picture of file from similar distances to that you intend using the keyboard, if it works then a bluetooth keyboard and mouse should.

• E61 Bluetooth modem does not work - help needed

I have an IBM ThinkPad R51 Laptop with XP Profesional SP2. I have installed the latest version of PC Suite, 6.82.22.0. I can sync using the bluetooth connection. I can connect my laptop to the internet with my E61 using the USB cable.
    But I cannot connect to the Internet using the BlueTooth connection. The BlueTooth modem appears to be the problem. When I try and connect it fails with the msg "Failed to connect to the Network! One Touch Access could not connect to the selected device."
    If I go to the Blue Tooth Modem properties via the Control Panel and Query the modem I get the following error msg:
    "The modem failed to respond. Make sure it is properly connected and turned on. If it is an Internal modem or is connected, verify that the interrupt for the port is properly set."
    BlueTooth stack is WIDCOMM ver. 1.4.3.4.
    NB. I am unable to select the Microsoft stack in Connection Manager.
    Operating system:
    Microsoft Windows XP
    Build 2600
    Service Pack 2
    Language: English
    Language for non-Unicode programs: English
    Locale: English
    Input language: English
    Nokia PC Suite:
    Version 6.82.22.0
    Language: English
    Connectivity Cable Drivers: