Different issues on Satellite T130

Hi all - firstly, newbie alert. Just registered. First post. Be gentle....
Bought a T130 off eBay. Worked ok initially with general browsing & stuff.
One day tried to open the Userguide pdf & everything started going VERY slow.
Eventually it opened. Smelt a rat. Started Adobe reader on it's own - VERY slow. I think corrupt Reader.
Try to uninstall - this does not go well.
Everything glacial - eventaully popup saying "management console has stopped working" (or similar). Now I'm worried.
Lots of disk activity - maybe disk is bad, maybe fragemented.
I defrag - it's fine. I run chkdsk - it's slow, but completes (fixed a few minor things - probably bcos I had to power unit off without shutdown).
At one point it won't even boot & forces a shutdown. I think I'm fried, but when I power it up again it boots up ok... WTF???
I've found some other posts & Google searches which suggest OS corruption, & this sounds like the case to me.
But this is a notebook - I don't have Windows 7 install media.
There is no recovery partition setup (that I can see). So how do I reinstall the OS??
Hope someone can help me here.
My first experience with Toshiba laptops has not been pleasant....
thanks
Steve

Hi
I think the system is corrupt and the OS should be installed again. (as suggested by your own).
You didnt get any recovery disks because there was an option which would allows you to create an own recovery disk!
Try to boot the notebook again and check if the Toshiba recovery disk creator is installed and if you would be able to create a recovery disk.
If this is not possible, then you will need to order a right recovery disk from here:
https://backupmedia.toshiba.eu/landing.aspx
Greets

Similar Messages

• Different issues on Satellite L450D.

Hi,
    I bought this laptop a couple of months ago and im having major problems!
    First of all my first problem was that when i first tried to activate my mcafee trial it said it had expired even though i only started up the laptop! But this problem didnt matter anyway as i have had further problems.
    Well anyway since that, every now and again my laptop seems to sort of crash and freeze up andit will say windows explorer isnt responding so then i have to restart the laptop and then a thing comes up from windows saying it has to check for "consistency" and it does this often! whatever the problem is i dont know and also incase you think its viruses or spyware or anything like that, its not! because i have had Norton 2010 on my laptop, then removed norton and tried AVG and still nothing was found. I have also done a scan with malwarebytes and nothing has been found!.
    Now as of TODAY i have had another problem.
    I started up the laptop and it said windows was not genuine when it clearly is genuine because it was bought from Argos and i even went into the system props and it says it is activated and genuine but i was getting messages saying it wasnt genuine!.
    Ever since i got this laptop i have had problems with it and im starting to think it is faulty because i have wiped everything out before because the sytem wasnt starting right so i used the data used in disk D.
    Even when i done a clean install it still gives me problems!! I think its a fault guys, what can i do?
    I brought it to Argos and they kept it overnight but nothing happened as i might have guessed! and they wont give me a replacement or refund because as far as they see it there is no problems with the laptop when there clearly is because i have had problems! Now it is under toshiba standard warrienty so what should i do???
    Thanks please reply!!.
    Ryan.
    Message was edited by: PauPau

Hello
    To be honest it is not easy to say what to do in this situation.
    When you have several different issues with the notebook it is always best idea to install OS again and test it with factory settings. OK you have done it already but I don't know how you have done this. Maybe you have started to install some favourite software and suddenly it started again and again.
    This activation with McAfee is already reported in this forum but obviously there must be some problem with server connection by McAfee. So this issue has nothing with Toshiba. In my opinion you should remove McAfee immediately after clean OS installation. I recommend you to use http://www.free-av.com/
    It is free and great antivirus that uses less system resources and run extremely stabile. I use it for years now.
    These freezing issues can be result of many different things and it is not easy to say why this happen.
    # Enter BIOS and set it to default settings
    # Try please to install OS again using recovery image.
    # Remove McAfee and install Avira antivirus
    # Remove Tempro from the system
    # Use clean preinstalled OS for day or two to see if all these issues will occur again
    Let us know if all these bad issues will happen again.
    BTW: which notebook model do you have exactly?

• How to sort out different issues on Satellite A505-S6973

Can anyone tell me, if the warranty period on my laptop has not passed, can i return my laptop to toshiba and have all my issues sorted out. Would there be a cost to do whatever repairs software related needs be done and how i am supposed to go about it because my laptop is beginning to have all sorts of little errors, i noticed that my harddrive has 156gb used although i have about 60 gigs in use.
    A couple multimedia buttons aren't working but i touch them, my touchpad doesn't turn off with the hard button unless i turn it off using the FN key and my processor runs low but when i use a program i see it's reaching between 85 to 100% utilization.
    I really like this laptop, but the issues i'm having i highly doubt it should operate this way.

Hi mate
    Software issues are not covered by warranty!
    This means that you will have to pay for everything if the ASP technician would not find any problems!
    This is why you should recover the notebook in order to check if its only a software related issue.
    >A couple multimedia buttons aren't working but i touch them, my touchpad doesn't turn off with the hard button unless i turn it off using the FN key
    Reinstall the VAP (value added package) and flash cards utility
    >my processor runs low but when i use a program i see it's reaching between 85 to 100% utilization.
    This is not a bug or hardware problem. You will notice this CPU behavior because the CPU supports an feature which helps to save the power and reduce the heat dissipation

• Different issues on Satellite L855

Dear Toshiba Community....
    I purchased a Toshiba laptop like a half year ago for my study Mediadevelopment. I got the Toshiba Satellite edition L855.
    When i received my order i was very happy with it and i knew that i would succeed programming on this nice device.
    After 3 weeks of using it , i allready had a scratch just next to the camera. And i must admit that i really handled the laptop with care. I ordered a sleeve case and got it with me in a laptop bag. Even when the lid is closed there are small scratches around my laptop and this started me to worry about what would happen next.
    While watching a episode of game of thrones. I noticed a red dot ... just in the middle of the screen. And i don't wanna be cocky but i must say that it aint cool when you allready have a pixel failure in using a laptop like about 1 month.
    I received a update for a Driver of my DVD player tray. And toshiba TEMPRO told me there was a BLUERAY player in my notebook... but that was not true.. Just another point that dissapointed me.
    I ordered a upgrade for Windows 8... So i could develop apps for Windows 8. It is a very nice operating system BUT... i can't even use my brightness buttons anymore... The screen just fades to dark, and there aint no way to fix it but to reboot my computer, and that is very annoying when you are programming.
    The fan of my AMD card also gets really hot while doing nothing. I know how to check if there are much processes running but with even simple processes it gets warm (it even makes my cool glass of soda cook till warm temperature lol!)
    And now, and also the reason why i ask for your support here, when i want to close the lid of my notebook. It won't close smoothly... There comes a crackling sound and the cover of the back looks like it lifts up while i close the lid.
    Now after all i lost a little hope in my notebook. And i repeat i really handled it with care.. I dont even dare to walk with it while it is closed in my hand. But this are just so much things that makes me sad. Just because of i still need to study 3 years longer and had to pay much money for it... I am sad that sooner or later things just will get worse...
    So i ask to you guys, Do you people know what i can do?
    Kind Regards,
    PS: Sorry for my English!
    Jay

Hi Jay
    Generally speaking notebooks are not so sensitive devices so I dont know how all this can happen, I mean with scratches and clicking noise. It is logic that notebook cannot always be as new one.
    I handle my notebooks with care too but they are not in perfect condition anymore.
    Cooling fan: try to reduce cooling fan activity changing cooling method option.
    Control panel > power options > change power plan settings > advanced power plan options > Toshiba power saver > cooling method change it to battery optimized
    This should reduce cooling fan activity.
    > So i ask to you guys, Do you people know what i can do?
    It is not easy to give you proper answer to this question. What you can try is to contact Toshiba service and ask for some tip. They should have experience with all this and they are in permanent contact with Toshiba so they should have enough info about all this.
    By the way: several people have reported about this Tempro message. You should not be disappointed about that. This is automatic procedure and such mistakes can happen.

• Different issues on Satellite M40-185RU

Ah, yeah, g'day.
    I have started having quite a few problems recently with my M40-185RU. It originally came with a Russian version of windows because it was purchased in Kazakhstan, but that was replaced when I purchased it with a licensed English version and then all of the drivers reinstalled. Now it has worked happily for the past 18 months, but recently more and more functions have stopped working, of which I sort of have blamed various Microsoft updates. I figured I would try and reinstall all of the drivers in the recommended order, then the updates and see if that fixed the problem, but it hasn't.
    Problems I have had are, aside from various drivers wanting to download and install in Russian because I am in Kazakhstan:
    1)The infrared port stopped working, but I found the quickfix download for that - it still hasn't fixed it. Plus the driver only downloaded in Russian. (trying to download off UK site).
    2)The dial up modem has just stopped working and I get an Error 633 code, although no settings have been changed for my modem. I have tried reinstalling the updated modem software, but it still doesn't work.
    3)Bluetooth Stack drivers only download in Russian. (trying to download off UK site).
    4)Soundmax Drivers only download in Russian (trying to download off UK site).
    5)Wireless LAN drivers only wanted to download in Russian, so I didn't bother updating them.
    6)Nokia PC Suite wont connect with a USB bluetooth, infrared, or even a blimen cable connection. I have reinstalled this several times, restarted etc etc, but no joy.
    7)DVD/CD rom will no longer burn cd's, or even dvd's through Nero, or even the simple "drag & drop" function of Windows explorer.
    several of the other drivers also only wanted to download in Russian as well, but as they were not that important I skipped them.
    So I guess what I am really after is if anyone has any ideas on how I can fix my otherwise great notebook. While I would love to get everything fixed items 1,2,6 & 7 are the more important ones for me.
    TIA everyone.
    Keiran

Okay, I have managed to get the modem working again but uninstalling the modem software, uninstalling the nokia PC suite software, restarting, then reinstalling the modem software. So thankfully no more 633 error message on that one.

• Satellite T130: inbuilt web camera has stopped working

Hi, I have the same problem of the question bellow, like I have looked around and I was not able to find the answer I need.
    I have a Satellite T130 and, suddenly, the inbuilt web camera has stopped working properly. A blue light is on, but there is no image. What can I do?
    Thank you

Hi,
    the blue light is beside the web cam, on the top of screen. But this light is on when I try to use the web cam in anywhere, like Skype, Msn or even in programs in the computer that only take a pictue or make a video of you, without ineternet (I do not know the name of this program). But it seems that computer and the programs recognize the web cam, because there is no messages when I turn on the web cam.
    In Skype settings is the same, there is nothing wrong, there is no different message. The only thing is when I try to take picture a message appears: "failed", but the video seems to record normally, although everythng is black.
    Could you understand what I meant?
    Sorry about my english....

• Satellite T130 keeps restarting instead of shutting down

Just bought a refurbished Toshiba Satellite T130 laptop pre-installed with Windows 7, and since we got it, it has had a problem shutting down.
    When I press Shut Down, it shuts down ok, all the lights go off as if it just shut down, and then a couple of seconds later, it starts up again.
    I can't seem to find the issue here, sometimes it restarts fully into windows, and other times it turns on and hangs without turning on the display etc.
    I have tried to update the BIOS, reinstall windows on a second partition, even reinstall every driver from the toshiba website.
    It should also be noted that when I put the system to sleep, it puts the PC to sleep and then a couple of seconds later, it restarts, bringing up the good old "an error occurred, would you like to start in save mode, start windows normally" etc.
    When entering hibernation mode, it hibernates just find, and then turns back on again...
    I've been reading many support forums and none of the solutions worked.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks!

Hi sam899,
    Im not Satellite T130 owner but the same issue I noticed on my Satellite U500. So I checked the BIOS for following options:
    -Wake up on LAN
    -Wake up on Keyboard
    -USB Sleep & Charge
    I disabled all these options and restarted the notebook. After this I noticed that the notebook shuts down properly. :)
    Furthermore if you have external devices connected like mouse, keyboard, printer, etc. Remove them all and test it again.

• Satellite T130-11U lost Bluetooth connection after installing Mobile Broadb

I recently bought a Satellite T130-11U and established a connection with my Nokia N82, using PC Suite.
    Then I installed my Mobile Broadband (TMN operator) and lost the Bluetooth connection.
    There must be some way to overcome this "conflict".
    Anyone faced the same problem?
    Thank you.

Hi
    Maybe this 3rd party application is not compatible and this is the reason why this happens
    But first of all you should check if the Bluetooth is still enabled
    Furthermore you should check if this issue would happen after installation of new BT stack
    Here you can find the new BT stack:
    http://aps2.toshiba-tro.de/bluetooth/
    Greets

• Satellite T130 -Black screen- HDMI works perfectly

The problem started as a HDMI-cable was plugged into my running Satellite T130-17E and the screen was closed down. From that point the notebook screen stopped working. When booting the windows start-up logo is on for a couple of seconds and just before the entering the desktop the cursor is visible on the screen. But except from these short moments there is no action on the notebooks screen. When I reinstalled the driver to the graphic card there was some short moments (less than 0,5 sec) when the screen was active.
    I can use the notebook without any problems via HDMI to my TV. And when I adjust the screens brightness (FN+F6/F7) the black screen can get more back-lighted.
    When I turn off the HDMI-output or plugs it out - nothing happens on the notebooks screen.
    Can some of you please try to help me out as I really need my notebook to work normal again. If you can help me sort out this problem I'll be very grateful-
    Kind Regards,
    Jacob Lindberg

When I use FN+F5 to use LCD only - there is a very short moment when i can see the dekstop on the notebook screen, but then it turns black again.
    When I try to duplicate the output on HDMI and on the notebook screen - the notebook black is very backlighted when compared to the notebook screen when only the HDMI-output is used. When I switch between the different options on FN+F5 there is som very short moments when some the the notebook screen is active - but it is like a millisecond.
    Is there any thing else I can do?
    Message was edited by: Lindberg

• Satellite T130 - Can I use a SSD?

Is it posible to use SSDdisk in Toshiba Satellite T130-K ?

Hi
    Theoretically it should be possible to use a SSD in your notebook. I dont see any reason why it should not work.
    I mean SSD have also SATA interface as normal HDDs but only the technology is different. So you can try it and then post your result here. Im interested in it. :)

• Re: Web Camera is not working on Satellite T130

I have a Satellite T130 and the web camera has just stopped working.
    Can anyone tell me how to get this going again please?
    Thanks

Also check the BIOS, on some models there is an option to disable the Webcam in the BIOS.
    And also ensure Skype, Messenger, or other programs that use the webcam are not running, only one application can use the webcam at a time.

• Satellite T130-02F - Display Driver Error

Hi There,
    I just purchased the Satellite T130-02F and after choosing 32bit running system I had the power connected to charge battery up and then started to get "display driver errors" where the screen would flash black and then flash back on. I've checked device manager and driver details, the drive is upto date and as far as I can see is the correct driver. I've searched sites to see if there ar other drivers out there, but its up to date.
    I haven't installed anything extra on the computer yet and find I get the error more regularly on the battery rather than power which concerns me. The computer is less than 24hrs old.
    Any advice?
    Mobile Intel (R) display chip set.
    Windows 7 installed 32bit.

Hi
    In your case I would try reinstalling the display driver. You can find the latest version on the Toshiba website:
    http://eu.computers.toshiba-europe.com => Support & Downloads => Download Drivers
    After this make sure that the newest BIOS version is installed. You can download it on the Toshiba website too.
    If nothing works your only chance is an authorized service provider. It seems to be a hardware problem and must be checked from professional people.
    Greets

• Satellite T130 - Can't start the Toshiba HDD recovery

Hi all, I have a problem with my Satellite T130. I have to start the Toshiba HDD Recovery but the computer tell me that there isn't a valid HDD recovery on the PC. Probably this is a my fahter's fault. There is another way to start the recovery?
    Thanks

Hi iceknight,
    Of course you can install Windows from a normal Microsoft Windows disk thats no problem. There are some guides you can find using Google to copy the Windows 7 disk content on an USB stick and then you can install Windows 7 from a USB stick.
    But easiest way is you order a recovery disk from Toshiba directly. The recovery disk contains all necessary drivers and tools so the original out of box settings can be restored:
    https://backupmedia.toshiba.eu/landing.aspx

• I just loaded some July pictures into my PC iCloud photos upload folder, but I do not see them with my iPad. Are they not shared because they are past the 30 day window, or is there a different issue?

I just loaded some July pictures into my PC iCloud photos upload folder, but I do not see them with my iPad. Are they not shared because they are past the 30 day window, or is there a different issue?

Generally I would not use Facebook for sharing any photos, it compresses the photos substantially, and when you have shadows and dark colours you get visible "bands" where there should be subtle gradients, ie at sunsets and sunrises.
    It sounds like you are using two methods to upload to Facebook:
    1. Sharing from within Aperture, which basically syncs Facebook with your Aperture album, so any changes made at either end gets synced, hence the deletions from Albums, although the original file should still be in your library, just removed rom the album. It is like a playlist in iTunes.
    2. Exporting pics and uploading to Facebook from the browser.
    I am not sure how method 1 gets compressed, but I know that uploading hi-res jpegs to Facebook using method 2 results in poor quality images.
    I wouldn't even bother comparing option 1 or 2, and they will both be poor images once you view them on Facebook, as opposed to viewing uploaded images on proper image sharing / hosting sites.
    Your problem is not with Aperture, it is using Facebook for showing your work.
    If you export pics form Aperture at high res jpegs or TIFFs your images will be fine.
    If you insist to use Facebook as your way to share your work, then your workflow should be this:
    1. Right click images you want to share.
    2. Select Export version.
    3. Export as 100% size and ensure the export settings are set at 100% quality.
    4. Upload this pic into Facebook.
    This will get you the best image size and resolution on Facebook.
    See how you go.

• Satellite T130 (PST3AE) and Windows 10

Hi, Is the Satellite T130 (PST3AE) model eligible for upgrading to Windows 10? The T130 has a 64bit capable CPU. Although not listed in http://win10upgrade.toshiba.com/swupdate/modellist.aspx?region=TAIS&lang=en&country=FR , is there a plan to do so? Regards,Ilyes

Since your model is not on the list as you discovered and is a European model, contact Toshiba-Europe with your question.  This Forum is for U.S models only.

Maybe you are looking for