Display driver issue for T400

I just reinstalled my system to vista, after that my HD 3470 graphic adapter can not work, I have downloaded the drivers of it from ATI's official website and installed them but it still did not work. Anyone knows how to solve the problem?

Start the PC in safe mode. Press the power button and then start tapping the F8 key. Type system restore in the search programs and files box.  Use windows system restore to select a restore point dated before your driver install attempt. that will roll back the driver installation to the previous one and should resolve the issue.
New PCs come with working video drivers already installed. Why would you install another driver?It is never a good idea to update drivers just because you can. Only update if an update is necessary.
Best regards,
erico
****Please click on Accept As Solution if a suggestion solves your problem. It helps others facing the same problem to find a solution easily****
2015 Microsoft MVP - Windows Experience Consumer

Similar Messages

• Nvidia Ion Display Driver issues for S12

I downloaded the Nvidia drivers
    195.62_notebook_winvista_win7_32bit_international_whql
    and
    195.81_notebook_winvista_win7_32bit_international_beta
    I tried installing the 195.81 first, but it didnt work so i tried 195.62 but it also didnt work.
    The error message says this:
    "The NVIDIA Setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware.  Setup will now exit".
    I have a Lenovo Ideapad S12 with Ion.  What is the problem?  I was able to install Nvidia's 191 version of the driver, but these updated ones don't work.
    Help me...
    Solved!
    Go to Solution.

If you do a search, you'll find several threads on these forums regarding this issue.
    For some reason, as you've found, the current nVidia reference GPU drivers don't work.
    Now, thankyou for testing the 195.81 beta drivers - nVidia support actually suggested these as a fix to the issue!
    They also suggested trying to install the drivers (either set) from within Safe Mode. You may wish to try that.
    However, as has already been stated, the S12 works ok with the shipped drivers.
    I recommend installing the nVidia reference chipset driver (I found a marked improvement in performance with them installed) - BUT, only install the SMU component - I found the Storage component causes issues (upto and including a Blue Screen when running a HDD benchmark).
    Also, apparently, the desktop GPU drivers from nVidia will work fine.
    Scott

• Editing software crashing-do I need Display driver update for Satelite C660

Hi folks,
    recently I have installed trial versions of Adobe Premier cs5, then avid media composer and neither of them are loading, (not responding) and Adobe crashes on importerquicktime.prm.
    Everywhere I look it seems to be telling me I need to update my drivers, but I have the latest driver available for this model,
    Is it a QuickTime issue?
    Or a driver issue?
    Can anyone help me or even let me know what my options are?
    Thanks
    Conor

Hi
    In internet I could find this interesting info:
    +I am having issues with the ImporterQuicktime.prm with the new update 5,03.+
    +Ive been editing on a project for months, and exported a QT with Avid DNxHD codec,+
    +I started another project with this QT DNxHD file (to make sample clips), and then I updated to 5.03, and now PPro CS5 runs very slow, and then locks up. I did read the forums to find a solution.+
    +I noticed when re launching PPro CS5, it would hang on the Exporter, and Importer Quicktime .prm, so I tested removing the plugin from the PPro>plugin>common folder. PPro CS5 launches very quickly and runs smooth- although the QT files are off line+
    It looks like its not display driver issue If the info above would not help you, you should get in contact with Adobe support

• HP 6600 Scan\Print Driver Issue for Windows 7 Profession​al 64 bit

Hello,
    For some time now I have been unable to scan or print from my desktop (Windows 7 Professional 64bit) and I have exhausted too much effort and am now bringing it to the masses.
    The problem:
    Printing:  Currently receiving an "Error - Offline" message in my printer queue at all times.
    Scanning:  Scanning has never fully worked on this desktop. I am always unable to communicate with the printer. (Though webscan works through accessing the printers IP address)
    Things I have tried:
    Ran HPPSDr, followed directions (Unpluged power to printer, turn back on, restart computer) brings me to this website after it cannot fix. (Note that while the HPPSDr is running it always notions that there is a driver problem)
    Uninstalled Drivers from CD-ROM, re-installed, countless times
    Installed "Windows 7 Pro 64 bit drivers" from the HP website and uninstalled, countless times.
    Attempted to set a static IP and use "Update IP Address" to point specifically at the printers IP.
    Installed Drivers and finding the printer myself through it's own static IP address.
    Turned off firewall and attempted to print (after reboot), same errors
    Setting up the printer on all of my laptops (3) wirelessly to attempt to find if there is a problem with the printer or static IP. (1 is Windows VISTA 32bit and the other 2 are Ubuntu 32bit). All laptops are able to use the printer wirelessly without any problems.
    Read all of the forums about this issue and attempted all of the 'solutions'. Although I mostly don't see that anyone with this same problem is resolved, unless I'm missing the perfect post.
    Things I have not tried:
    Plugging the USB directly into the desktop. (This seems self defeating as the purpose for this printer was to be able to print wirelessly to it from across the room)
    Re-installed Windows 7 Pro 64bit (Trying to avoid this, would rather just print from laptops)
    You tell me
    Curiosities:
    I have noticed strange things that make me believe the driver is somehow incomptable with my OS. Here is a shot of the properties of the printer:
    Weird that it is not recognizing the model number.
    Also in the Printer Settings when I go to the port tab, there is no port selected, if I try and tab away it forces me to select a port, yet when I do and 'apply' and then re-open the Printer Settings in the ports tab; it has again unselected the previously selected port.
    Theories:
    I feel like my OS is just refusing to notice the IP address for the wireless printer, no matter what I have it set to, even if it's dynamic. It's like the driver for Windows 7 Pro 64bit is actually not the correct driver for my system.
    Anyways, another thing to mention is that I am not currently willing to wipe my operating system and re-install Windows 7 Pro in order to resolve this just yet. I want to see if anyone else has any other avenues I can try before even beginning to consider that. 
    Anyways, thanks in advance for taking the time to read my ramblings and hopefully someone who has resolved this issue can help me.

Hi Zerosouls,
    I understand you are having an issue with HP 6600 Scan\Print Driver Issue for Windows 7 Professional 64 bit.
    First try to click the Windows icon, type services in the Search box, and then click or tap View Local Services. Scroll down to the Windows Installer. Startup type should be - Automatic, and Service Status should be - started
    Restart the computer after this step and try installing Hp Officejet 6600 again.
    Please let me know what happens
    Thanks
    Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
    Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping!

• Windows 8.1 display driver needed for HP G62 laptop

Windows 8.1 display driver needed for HP G62 laptop

Help us to help you by posting the following information.
    1.  The complete Model Name. or Product Number. of the notebook - see This HP web document if you don't how to locate the model number and\or product number.
    2.  The complete version and name of the operating system you are using ( ie Windows 7 64bit ).
    It would also help if you let us know which CPU your notebook has installed.
    ****Please click on Accept As Solution if a suggestion solves your problem. It helps others facing the same problem to find a solution easily****
    2015 Microsoft MVP - Windows Experience Consumer

• Driver issues for Radeon HD 6750M switchable graphic card

Hello guys, took time for me to decide wether to join forums like this just to get real help coz goggle doesn't show any solution with my issue. i was able to update my video card with the old raptr app from amd and allowed me to maximize the feature of my laptop. after format i can't install these drivers "sp52929 & sp61216" for the said graphic card and the new and updated raptr is not somehow working. i get this error "The contents of the file cannot be unpacked. the executable you are attempting to run has been corrupted. please obtain another copy of the file, verify its integrity and try again" (monitored the download and its not corrupted or anything) or using the driver from amd official site (tried different versions like amd-catalyst-omega-14.12-with-dotnet45-win7-64bit, AMD-Catalyst-HDMI-Hotfix-Win8.1-Win7-Dec10 etc.), the installation is fine but it's not functioning and this is the error i get "no amd graphics driver is installed or the amd driver is not functioning properly. please install the amd driver appropriate for your amd hardware" and "you do not have the compatible vga hardware to driver" during installation it reverts my resolution back to 800x600 as if it conflicts with the Intel HD Graphics Family. tried uninstalling intel hd graphics family first and install the radeon but it seems that the driver itself really is the problem. does anyone here experiencing the same? or someone here who can tell me what's really going on? thanks i advance Referrence: http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Display-and-Video/latest-driver-for-amd-graphic-card-not-working/m-p/5150764#M113344

Please uninstall the currently installed Intel Drivers and AMD driver. (if present in Programs and features and device manager).Once all traces are removed, restart the PC and install the Driver file sp52929.exe becase (read the yellow text below) Download Link:ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq//sp52501-53000/sp52929.exe Info:ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq//sp52501-53000/sp52929.html This package provides the AMD High-Definition (HD) Graphics Driver and Catalyst 
    Control Center for supported notebook models that are running a supported 
    operating system. For notebooks with switchable graphics modes, this package 
    includes drivers for both graphics processing units (GPUs). Switchable graphics 
    enable users to switch between a power-saving graphics mode (normally used under 
    battery power) and a high-performance graphics mode. If high-definition 
    multimedia interface (HDMI) video output is supported, this package also 
    installs the HDMI Audio Driver.

• Display Driver Issues on Satellite L655-S5150 with Win10

I upgraded my Toshiba satellite (L655-S5150) to Windows 10 last week.  Upgrade appeared successfully initially however shortly after the Win10 interface loads the computer will shut itself off.  After exploring a number of possibilities it turns out the computer runs fine in safe mode or in low resolution mode selected from the mainteanance menu.  So I feel quite certain like other issues I have seen with Win10 that have similarities to this one the issue is with the display driver.  I tries updating the driver through device manager but it said I had the latest.  Tried the Toshiba support pages and seem to be nothing new there for the "Intel HD Graphics" display driver.  So seems at the moment I am stuck at low res mode if I want to have a functioning computer.  Any ideas if there might be an updated driver out there, or can I change to something a little more generic that at least might allow me to boot in to normal mode and stay running?

Yes, have tried "update drivers" option and Windows Update option.  No luck yet.  Also searched manually for an updated driver on the Toshiba site and Intel site (Intel HD Graphics display adapter).  I wish I could just load a generic display driver but every time I remove the Intel display driver and reboot it comes back after boot.  Really a fix to the problem would be nice by anyone..... Microsoft, Toshiba, Intel, anyone...... 

• Display Driver issues with HP Pavilion m6

Hi,
    I have an HP Pavilion m6-1035dx with an AMD A10 4600 apu with integrated Radeon 7660g graphics. I have had an ongoing problem where at any point when watching a video (youtube, twitch, even a DVD), the screen will freeze and go black for several seconds. It then recovers and I get a message saying the Display Driver has successfully recovered from timeout. Upon attempting to resume any video or start a new one I get a blue screen saying the AMD Display Driver did not recover successfully. I have tried multiple times to uninstall and reinstall the drivers to no avail. I have installed AMD's latest drivers (14.12) that were released today (12/9/14) and the problem persists. This has been very frustrating and I've been considering a new laptop because. I appreciate any help I could get.
    Reilly

Hi @Reilly1013 ,
    Welcome to the HP forum, I will do my best to assist you!
    I see you have applied the updated driver from the manufacturer's site.  HP recommends that you use the drivers provided by HP.  OEM's can and sometimes do alter a driver to work with a specific system.  If you install a driver from the manufacturer they have not been tested on your system and may or may not perform correctly.
    Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
    With that being said after doing some research I have located this driver for you to try. sp59678.exe
    If the issue remains as this has been an on going issue, I suggest contacting HP phone support for assistance.
    Please call our technical support at 800 474 6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get a support number for your region.
    World Wide Phone Support
    Best of Luck!
    Sparkles1
    I work on behalf of HP
    Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
    Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

• Satellite A500-1GL: display driver issue - BCCode: 117

I keep getting a problem with my laptop where the screen will go black for a second or two, and then come back on.
    I used to get an error message appear saying there was a problem with the display driver, and found the following error listed in the action centre of the control panel;
    Source
    Windows
    Summary
    Video hardware error
    Date
    ?09/?07/?2010 23:22
    Status
    Not reported
    Description
    A problem with your video hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.
    Problem signature
    Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent
    OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
    Locale ID: 2057
    Files that help describe the problem
    WD-20100709-2319.dmp
    sysdata.xml
    WERInternalMetadata.xml
    Extra information about the problem
    BCCode: 117
    BCP1: FFFFFA800441D010
    BCP2: FFFFF8800FF7DF9C
    BCP3: 0000000000000000
    BCP4: 0000000000000000
    OS Version: 6_1_7600
    Service Pack: 0_0
    Product: 768_1
    I've updated the drivers directly from Nvidia, as I have the Geforce GT 330M, this has stopped the error message from appearing, but the screen still goes blank. Does anyone have any ideas how to solve this?
    Also, a seperate little question, sometimes my laptop will automatically resume from hibernation (I don't use sleep mode) when I open the lid, without pressing the power button. However, most of the time this will not happen, and I have to press the power button instead. Why will the computer do this sometimes, but not others? Can anyone tell me how to get the laptop to turn on by just opening the lid, 100% of the time?
    Thank you for your advice.

Hi
    Regarding the black screen issue;
    You used the driver from nVidia this is not advisable due to the missing overheating protection. You should use the driver from the Toshiba page.
    Please check also if the BIOS is up to date.
    If newer BIOS is available, please update this I read in some threads that this could help to solve such issues
    Regarding the automatically resume from hibernation;
    You should check in BIOS if the Wake up on LAN and Wake up on keyboard options are disabled. If both or only one is enabled, then disabled this, save the changes in BIOS and reboot the unit
    Good luck

• Creative in the dock over driver issues for older cards and upsetting consumers please read!

To Who this may concern at TOP LEVEL AT Creative's Board It's come to my attention to a very serious issue From Creative,and the story starts from here.
    I have just required the Audigy 2 ZS Sound Card so looking to install the latest drivers from CREATIVE'S UK WEBSITE. So I look into the date which is 9/4/200 on Creative's website. However I did abit more investigating into the issues from other consumer's from passed half soaked drivers that Creative are supposed to put right with their half asleep development team(what a joke!!).
    AS I did more research? on this issue on the forums and hardware websites, it came across to my attention on a Brazilian I. T. Expert called Daniel Kawakami (surprisesurprise and I don't suppose Creative know anything about him other than trying to kick him the balls for his work to help others with their sound cards very good PR work Creative well done!!!!).So armed with all this information and believe me I have gone into alot of reading in the forums about the issues,and yes Creative Board Of Directors you are entitled to your Copy Rights,for now !!!
    So I find out more about this super hero Daniel Kawakami? to Creative's miss givings to put right the Drivers for Consumers let down by Creative, I came across one of the driver updates for the Audigy 2 ZS Sound Card done by Daniel Kawakami, and Bingo most consumer's now have a working drivers by him.
    So for all the hard work and precious time this Daniel Kawakami has done for Creative Consumers(including me) YOU SELFISH CREATIVE BOARD OF DIRECTOR'S go and kick him the face, so I will say this to you what about his rights as a creative product consumer? ,his driver copy rights and on top that his right to put things right that your team cannot put right in the first place. This is the EXACT PEOPLE WE NEED IN THIS HIGHLY COMPLICATED IT INDUSTRY, so what do you do you try and do, you bin him.
    So Creative I am going to ask some questions and I EXPECT YOU TO ANSWER THEM with me as a CONSUMER OF YOUR PRODUCTS(customer is King not you!!)
    1. The drivers you realised on the 9th April 200 are working drivers for the Audigy 2 zs for windows 7 ultimate.
    2. So how can you convince me that they are working?
    3. At the moment I can only trust Daniel Kawakami's? working drivers, since he has had over whelming praise for his work.What makes me think I can trust you with your drivers.
    4. Your Drivers came out on the 9/4/200, Daniel Kawakami's Drivers came out on 9/4/200 its too close a call,since your development Team are too lazy to put things right, how can you convince me that you did not copy his Drivers into your download Driver website(I would not be surprised if you did, as it would certainly be a cost cutting exercise ,and taking away his copy rights for all the work he has done for nothing!!!)
    5. Are you going to treat customer and consumers better service and support? in the Future,and that includes me,and 3rd party developers like Daniel Kawakami .
    The concussion to all of this, there are lessons to be learned by you Creative for your mis givings and the treatment of customers passed and present and especially the appalling treatment of Daniel Kawakami ,this guy deserves far better for his talent. I Have one message for the President Of Creative ,don't you EVER think you can scare me as a customer and also as Registered? disabled deaf person ,and for that reason I have far more powers you will ever have. For what I have read I am so angry and dismayed when someone like Daniel Kawakami is only trying help others ,but to be treated in this way.
    It is only right for me to post this ,because You Creative have hurt? alot people and that includes me. I look forward to the comments and p.m.(if I get any) And Daniel Kawakami? I hope you do read this and all the best for the future ,keep doing what you do ,and once again Creative you should be holding your heads in Shame.
    Regards Jonoace U.k.

!!! Creative jamais vai responder.
    At seria justo se Creative viesse a publico falar de sua incapacidade e que at onde as placas Audigy funcionariam em Vista e ?7.
    Mas por?incompet?ncia, pois nem suas novas placas funcionam direito, se era para vender est? mal.
    Problemas de memoria superior a 4 gb e tantos outros que Creative no tem respostas;
    Drivers de Daniel e Pax so alternativas, mas que tambm tem muitas limitaes.
    Sinceramente acho que esta na hora de Creative vir a publico fazer um relato srio, e descrever claramente as limitaes de sua placas colocando um ponto final emexpectativas frustraes eeng dos.
    Chega a ser vergonhoso que placas onboard como realtek funcionem melhor que placas Creative;
    Realmente, antes era um sonho e orgulho possuir um produto CREATIVE, tornou-se um pesadelo e uma vergonha.
    Mas enfim o que fazer, apenas esperar um momento de honestidade por parte de Creative.
    Flavio Kern - Audigy 2 ZS
    Creative will never respond. So it would be fair if Creative would publish his inability to speak and that even where the plates Audigy would work in Vista and 7. But by incompetence, since neither her new adapter works right, if it was to sell is poorly. Problems of memory above 4 gb, and so many others that Creative does not have answers; Daniel and Pax Drivers are alternati'ves, but which also has many limitations. I honestly think this time Creative come publico do a serious story, and describe clearly the limitations of your cards by putting an end-point on expectations, frustrations and forgeries. It is shameful that onboard realtek cards like that boards Creative work better; Actually, before it was a dream and pride have a CREATIVE product, became a nightmare and a shame. But anyway what to do, just wait a moment of honesty from Creative.
    Flavio Kern-Audigy 2 ZS

• Web-Cam: Linux Driver Needed For T400

Hi all,
    I have Lenovo T400 that works perfectly.  Had Win-7 Ultimate dual-booting with new install of Linux Mint 9 (Isadora).  Decided to delete Win-7 Ultimate.
    Linux Mint OS 9 fully confiqured and running nicely recognizing all hardware except FingerPrint and Webcam device.
    The Fingerprint device is cool, but would like Webcam Device Driver.
    Is there a Webcam driver available for the Lenovo T400?  If so, please reply,
    Warmest Regards,
    ~ digi

In a terminal as your user:
    [code]
    lsusb
    [/code]
    You will see the device ID code for your camera. Here is mine on ThinkPad Edge: 04f2:b1cf
    You can then do a google search for "Linux web cam xxxx:xxxx" compatibility.  It is likely that the driver is already loaded because of the auto detect function of the kernel scripts.
    You can check that in a terminal as your user:
    [code]
    lsmod
    [/code]
    Look for modules: v4l1_compat, videodev, uvcvideo.
    Neal

• Display Driver Update for Satellite L30-105

Could anyone give me an idiots guide on how to update a display driver for my Satellite L30-105 ( PSL33E ) PLEASE?

LOL. You need a idiot guide?? Come on man ;)
    Ok, here is my guide;
    Download the graphic driver for your notebook model.
    Unzip the package.
    Then access the device manager, mark the graphic card, update driver.
    Then a new window will open.
    There you have to use the second Advanced option.
    Then choose the option called Dont search. I will chose the driver (or something like that)
    Then point to the place where the driver package has been stored on the HDD and finish the installation.
    Greets

• Nvidia GeForce4 440 Go Display driver wanted for Satellite 5105-S901 !

Dear all,
    I have Toshiva Satellite 5105-S901 and experiencing some proplems with running latest games, perhaps because of pretty old Nvidia GeForce4 440 Go Display driver. Laptop has been bought in 2002, and since then video-drivers were not updated.
    So, where can I get them?
    Nvidia does not provide drivers for Go chipsets and send customers to manufacturers. But on tosiba.com I found drivers that were placed there exactly in 2002. My laptop already has these.
    But where to get the new ones?
    I don't believe that there in no driver-update heas been done by Toshiba for three years for Nvidia GeForce4 440 Go Display driver.
    Well, need some advice.
    Sincerely your's
    Alex.
    P.S.:Laptop still has good perfomance(P4-2Hz,2gb RAM,64Mb Video).

Hi Alexei,
    I had problems with my ATI Radeon graphics not working an some games, so I contacted the TDK technical support guys who suggested I should use the latest drivers from http://www.omegadrivers.net/.
    Sadly I could not get the ATI drivers to load on my notebook but perhaps you will have more luck with the NVIDIA ones.
    I agree with you that it is a great shame that Toshiba do not update their graphics drivers.
    regards,

• Driver issue for Oracle Enterprise Linux

Hi All,
    I have just installed Oracle Enterprise Linux. I was not able to access network. After doing lspci -- i found that my ethernet conrtoller : Atheros Communications AR8151 Gigabit Ethernet.
    Can any one tell how to install driver for this ?

What is your output of:
    <pre>
    lsb_release -d
    uname -r
    </pre>
    What kernel driver is in use or loaded regarding your Ethernet card when you check the output of lspci -v"?
    Note that Oracle Linux just like any other Red Hat Enterprise Linux is not designed for typical consumer grade Laptops and Desktop systems.
    Does your computer vendor provide any driver software for Enterprise Linux? You might be able to find 3rd party driver support using http://elrepo.org/tiki/tiki-index.php as a temporary yum software repository. Probably kmod-atl1 or similar.

• Need a display driver (s3) for Tecra 8100

I have installed Windows XP pro on my tecra 8100 and can't get a full screen.
    Does anybody know what's wrong? Do I need a new display driver voor the S3 Savage MX or is it something else?

Hello,
    check in the Bios if the setting "Fullscreen/Widescreen" is enabled.
    Best Regards,
    Ben

Maybe you are looking for

• Email Registration with Flex/Java/MySql

Hi! I'm developing a Flex/Java/BlazeDS  web application. The DBMS I'm using is MySql. I'd like to kwow how could I make the user to register by email. They'll have to fill some fields like: ID Number First Name Last Name Address E-mail Address Then t

• About CS6 save for web quality.Always aliasing.

I used to save JPEG or PNG by save for web before(CS5). I found out beside the "save for web" interface changes and the quality become very low in CS6. No matter setting high quality 100%. it is sill aliasing. I know if use "export" it colud be bette

• Ebcc find from UDDI, add web service

I get the following error when I try to find a web service from an UDDI: java.net.ConnectException: Operation timed out: connect      at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method) It seems as though the connection settings or the E-Busines

• Plz help me how to execute jsms program

hi, i hv downloaded jsms package, in that i hv total source code for sending and receiving msgs, but i am unable to do run that application, cany any one tell me how can i run that program, i hv already configure required jar and properties files int

• Simple queries in portal

I am having some difficulty writing what I think should be simple queries for the portal. I cannot find any documentation about the tables and how they are linked. For instance, I need a report that gives information about items such as what folder t