Docking station only maintains charge on T60

Hello all. Just a quick question if anyone can help. I have a T60 which when attached to the docking station does not charge the battery, it only maintains the current battery state (i.e. it does not discharge but maintains the current "percentage" charge). I recently changed the HD and am now running XP SP3 (used to be SP2) - but I doubt that has anuthing to do with it. Other than that everthing else is fine. Any pointers would be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance, d.

Hello @rnorton17 
Thank you for posting on the HP Forums.
To get your issue more exposure I would suggest posting it in the commercial forums since the Elitebook 2560p is a commercial product. You can do this here: Notebook - HP ProBook, EliteBook, Compaq, Slate/Tablet PC, Armada, LTE
The support page for your product may be helpful in the meantime: HP EliteBook 2560p Notebook PC
I hope this helps!
Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Similar Messages

• VB041AA#AB​A 90w docking station does not charge my laptop

VB041AA#ABA 90w docking station does not charge my laptop when it is docked.  Is it supposed to? Should I look into a higher wattage power cord?

vvictory wrote:
    That did not work... Anything else I should try?
    Try a hard reset with the notebook. 
    To Perform A Hard Reset
    Shut down the computer by going to the Start menu and selecting shut down. (If you have no display, hold the power button down for  5 seconds); (if the computer doesn't power on, move to the next step)
    Disconnect the AC Adapter from the notebook.
    Remove the battery from the bottom of the notebook.  There will be a switch/button to eject the battery.
    Wait at least 1 minute with all power sources disconnected.
    Re-insert the battery and reconnect the AC Adapter and then attempt to power on the notebook.

• I have just got a iPod 5 gen 32gb and lightning adapter but can't get it to work with my docking station it will charge but not play audio please help??

I have bought a 5th gen iPod and lightning adapter but it won't wrk on my docking station it charges but doesn't play audio? Please help

Does the dock manufacture say it is compatible with the 5G iPod with iOS 6.0.1?
    Have you went to the manufacturer's support site? Contacted them?
    Try resetting the dock. How you do that depends upon the dock
    Sometimes this works
    - Reset the iOS device. Nothing will be lost
    Reset iOS device: Hold down the On/Off button and the Home button at the same time for at
    least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.
    - Reset all settings
    Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset All Settings.
    All your preferences and settings are reset. Information (such as contacts and calendars) and media (such as songs and videos) aren’t affected.
    - Restore from backup. See:       
    iOS: How to back up           
    - Restore to factory settings/new iOS device.

• My ipod 4s isn't charging up but my docking station that i charge it on definitely works

So basically i went to charge up my ipod touch and i plugged it in and it wouldnt work, the docking station i charge it on DEFINETLY works as i used the remote to see if it would tun on which it  does i think somthing must have messed up on the like the hole where you charge it up, unfortuneatly we won't be able to go to an apple store as we dont have one local anywhere near D: so im hoping someone can help me with this problemooooo but for now.
    Cheerio:)

Not Charge
    - See:      
    iPod touch: Hardware troubleshooting
    - Try another cable. Some 5G iPods were shipped with Lightning cable that were either initially defective or failed after short use.
    - Try another charging source
    - Inspect the dock connector on the iPod for bent or missing contacts, foreign material, corroded contacts, broken, missing or cracked plastic.
    - Make an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store.
    Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar                          
    - To send it to Apple see:
    Apple - Support - iPod - Service FAQ
    - Contact a third-party repair place. Google for them

• Z2 on docking station does not charge/alternates

on the sony docking station as well as third party magnetic chargers the phone shows charging symbol flashing on and off.
    it does not change after hours and discharges when connected over night.
    anyone has same issues or knows a remedy?
    yt
    jan

See if the same occurs in safe mode:
    http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/How-to-boot-your-phone-into-safe-mode/m-p/348008
    All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us - J.R.R. Tolkien

• Since updating my iPod to iOS 5.0.1 my docking station will not charge my iPod or play my music. I can charge my iPod using a USB plug or my laptop. Can anyone help please?

Having updated my iPod 3rd Generation to iOS 5.0.1 my Philips docking speaker is unable to charge or play my music. It recognizes it for a second then unrecognizes it, then recognizes it, then unrecognizes it. It is like it is having a hissy fit everytime I plug my iPod into it. My iPod beeps when I initially connect it to the speaker but then it disconnects itself after about 2 seconds. This has only started happening since updating to iOS 5.0.1 last night. Please help!!!!!

Have you tried the standard fixes:
    - Reset. Nothng will be lost.
    Reset iPod touch:  Hold down the On/Off button and the Home button at the same time for at
    least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.
    - Restoring from backup
    - Restoring to factory defaults/new iPod
    Have you also contaced Philips?

• W520 not charging while in docking station

Hi
    I've got a W520. When connected to the docking station it shows charging in the power manager, but the battery is unloading at the same time, so it says it's charging the battery but it really doesn't. I tried to clean the contacts but it didn't change. I'm using the 170W AC adapter and if connected directly to the notebook the battery is charging and it works. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
    /C
    PS I have all the newest updates. I did install a BIOS update, and even a battery update some days ago. After that everything was still fine. The problem occured only yesterday. I also restored the bios defaults, no change.

IMO, the sound probably isn't a good sign. Maybe a contact is subpar and zapping?
    W520: i7-2720QM, Q2000M at 1080/688/1376, 21GB RAM, 500GB + 750GB HDD, FHD screen
    X61T: L7500, 3GB RAM, 500GB HDD, XGA screen, Ultrabase
    Y3P: 5Y70, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, QHD+ screen

• Docking station wont charge

can anyone help when my ipod in docking station it doesnt charge this is second one is there a problem with my ipod or my docking station it driving me mad

Hello jejack,
    Please note that
    If you are using the iPod Hi-Fi with batteries (and not plugged into an electrical outlet) and you connect an iPod with a dock connector, the batteries in your iPod Hi-Fi provide a minimum charge to iPod. If the iPod is on, it charges for 15 minutes. If the iPod is asleep, it charges for 30 minutes. If you disconnect the iPod and reattach it, the charge cycle starts again. The best way to charge an iPod connected to the dock connector port is by connecting the iPod Hi-Fi to AC power.

• Charging Ipod without sitting on docking station

I have an Ipod Video and I just purchased an external extended battery. The Ipod needs to sit in the cradle on the extended battery in order for it to charge. Is there anyway to have it charge from the external battery without having the Ipod sit directly in the cradle? I was wondering if there was some sort of cable available that could run from the Ipod to the docking station that would charge it?

*Is there anyway to have it charge from the external battery without having the Ipod sit directly in the cradle?*
    You just wrote, "*The Ipod needs to sit in the cradle on the extended battery in order for it to charge.*"

• Recommendations for a Docking station for Classic?

I'm looking for recommendations:
    I have a Ipod classic and would like to connect it to my Onkyo home stereo receiver; I basically want to replace my old 200 disc CD changer
    Note: The docking station must also charge the ipod.
    Any assistance will be greatly appreciated. Thank you,......

Thanks for the link.
    Hadn't seen that review, but it matches what I conclude about that particular model - there's still lots of connecting & disconnecting to do. It has only one USB port docked, and another one sitting up top.  I have many items I'll be attaching via USB, such as Wacom, backup drive, external drive for photos, mouse.  And would prefer a Powered version so I don't have to connect the power cord each time either.  And if you notice that video, he shpws his desktop consisting on nothing but a keyboard & a monitor.  So with the lid closed on the MBA, how's he move the cursor around?  Missing a mouse there. (Yes - he could have a wirelesss mouse, but personally, I find a wired mouse much better - but he has NONE.
    Hoping to find someone who has actually used one.
    From my research, it seems the Landing Zone MAY do what I want, but I can't get answers from them to questions.  They have units for 2012 - 2013 MBA's, but I don't see anything on their site about the 2014 model I have.
    And there's a few other brands out there - but seeking real life experiences.

• Pavilion dv7 docking station

I want to find out if the Pavilion dv7-6b32us will take a docking station.  I'm fairly certain the answer is no but I would like to get that confirmed.  Thanks.
    This question was solved.
    View Solution.

Not the snap-down kind. Laptop makers have pretty well abandoned those on consumer models and only offer them on purely business models. You can still use a usb 3.0 docking station and since usb 3.0 has such high bandwidth you can have things like video ports and other pass-throughs that work very well. The downside is a usb 3.0 docking station does not charge the laptop so it is not really a docking station to my way of thinking, just a "port replicator". Still you can set it up on your desk with the keyboard, mouse, monitor, printer, etc. and have an extra AC adapter there permanently so you just set the laptop down and plug in two things and you have your desktop setup, hot pluggable even. 

• Sony docking station speaker not working with iPod touch

We bought a Sony docking station for the iPod touch (4th generation) we got our son for his birthday.  The speaker on the docking station works when playing the radio, but not the iPod touch.  We returned the docking station for another, and we are having the same problem.  Which is why I am pretty sure the problem is the iPod touch and not the docking station.  The docking station actually will charge the iPod, just not project sound out of the speaker with the iPod.  It will, however, project sound out of the speaker when using the radio.
    Is there anything simple I could be missing in settings?  I can't figure this out.  TIA!
    Nick's mom

Use the communities search box in the upper right and search for
    sony.
    The go to advanced search and limit search to the the iPod touch forum.
    Recently there has been several users posted here with the same problem with a Sony dock. I do not recall if it was solved.

• My iphone 5 doesn't work on docking station

My Iphone 5 doesn't work on my Illuv dock station. It charge however. How can fix it?

Thank you.
    The problem was the adaptor for conector lightning. It wasn't original Apple. Problem solved!

• Iphone4 and docking stations

I want to get a stereo docking station for my iphone 4. I never use them but I saw one yesterday at costco that was very very nice. It is the iHome IP1. Man the sound is incredible and the sound technology as well.
    I was thinking about going back today and picking it up.
    My question is this, is it ok to use these with the iphones?? I have been told to always let your battery charge all the way down between uses. Using this docking station would interrupt charge cycles.
    Please let me know if you have had experience.
    Thanks!!

vipgraphx wrote:
    My question is this, is it ok to use these with the iphones?? I have been told to always let your battery charge all the way down between uses. Using this docking station would interrupt charge cycles.
    False, this is not necessary.

• Lost key for unlock docking station

hi,
    i lost the key for the docking station to unlock my Lenovo T60. Do you have some idea because i need to use the laptop without the docking station. thank you for your answer.

Grüezi!
    You can purchase a key from ITXchange. The link includes information about how to determine the key number for your dock.
    Cheers... Dorian Hausman
    X1C2, TPT2, T430s, SL500, X61s, T60p, A21p, 770, 760ED... 5160, 5150... S360/30

Maybe you are looking for

• Adobe creative suite 5 Design Premium

Can I download Adobe creative suite 5 Design Premium (student and teacher edition) in Parallels desktop 9 on Mac? And keep a copy in my PC at the same time?

• Troubles with auto update mechanism and Camera Raw 7.3 update

Greetings, Attempted an update using the update mechanism from Bridge.  CS6 Design Premium on Mac.  Received a couple error messages when it completed.  Foolishly I did not write down the details. I thought I could just run the update again.  When I

• IMac Keeps Trying To Eject.

My iMac keeps trying to eject every few minutes. The eject symbol appears on the screen and then the drive will attempt to eject whether there is a CD in there or not. This problem has only been happening for the past few days. My eject button doesn'

• Cisco ACE - "show conn" command queries

Hi all, i have some queries regarding the "show conn" command in Cisco ACE. Working Scenario: VIP : 10.10.10.1 Server 1 : 10.10.20.1 Server 2 : 10.10.20.2 Client: 30.30.30.1 When a client 30.30.30.1 initiates a connection to the VIP on 10.10.10.1, th

• My deskjet f4180 is printing photographs with sections of a black shirt missing. photo 518x720.

my deskjet f4180 is printing photographs with sections of a black shirt missing. photo the picture I am working on is 518x720 pixels. the size photo I print does not seem to matter. I cleaned the heads that got rid of streaks but the shirt is still f