Drive Erase Utility for the Resetting the Cryptographic Key for T500?

Hi,
I have to reset the Cryptographic Key, so i found the Tool "Drive Erase Utility for the Resetting the Cryptographic Key and the Erasing the Solid State Drive - ThinkPad LINK.
Now i am very disappointed because id doesn't work with the T500.
Is there another Tool i can use?
Thanks in advance.
Solved!
Go to Solution.

It doesn't work on T500 because that link is only for the new systems, according to the text on that webpage you linked:
Edge E120, Edge E125, Edge E220s, Edge E320, Edge E325
Edge E420, Edge E420s, Edge E425, Edge E520, Edge E525
T420, T420i, T420s, T420si, T520, T520i
W520
X1, X120e, X121e
X220, X220i, X220 Tablet, X220i Tablet
To get the version you need for T500, you have to look in the T500-specific driver matrix or support download page.
Here's the link:  http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/detail.page?LegacyDocID=MIGR-68369

Similar Messages

• Drive Erase Utility on X220

Hi board,
    I use a Lenovo X220 with the stock HDD with 300GB. In the past, I set a hard drive password via UEFI and startet my Lenovo several months with the fingerprint-sensor. And that's the problem: I forgot my password.
    I know- read it several times- that a password-recovery doesn't exist. I found the "Drive Erase Utility" in the driver-matrix, tried it via USB-drive an MS-DOS-Boot, but the tool always tells me, that it can be used with SSDs only. (I strictly followed the instructions, provided by Lenovo here: http://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub/pc/pccbbs/mobiles/83fd02ww.txt)
    My plan was:
    a) I make a complete backup of my Windows-Installation because I can access it with fingerprint (done)
    b) erase the hard drive including the password I set (with the "Drive Erase Utility")
    c) restore my Windows from backup
    d) set a new password
    Thanks in advance for every advice...
    And for everyone: I don't want to restore or hack a password, I just want to set a new password with erasing ALL of the data on the disk.
    Best regards from Berlin, Germany
    Thes.

@Kyle_Thes...
    There is no way to "reset" a hard drive password, other than to remember it and enter it in the appropriate BIOS screen. Your HDD is inaccessible without the password. That is by security design.
    I'm sorry, but this thread is now locked.
    English Community   Deutsche Community   Comunidad en Español   Русскоязычное Сообщество
    Community Resources: Participation Rules • Images in posts • Search (Advanced) • Private Messaging
    PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.
    X1C3 Helix X220 X301 X200T T61p T60p Y3P • T520 T420 T510 T400 R400 T61 Y2P Y13
    I am not a Lenovo employee.

• Acrobat Standard XI, but can only find the CD for windows.  I have a mac (I have access to an external CD drive and I have the product keys for windows).  What is the best way for me to install it?

Hi, I purchased Acrobat Standard XI, but can only find the CD for windows.  I have a mac (I have access to an external CD drive and I have the product keys for windows).  I have never installed it anywhere else.  What is the best way for me to install it?

Hi lintonm86921521,
    I can understand your concern & will guide you through this.
    I am so sorry to inform you that Acrobat XI Standard is not available on Mac, you can only use it on your Windows computer.
    You can also refer to the system requirements at : System requirements | Acrobat family of products—older versions (XI, X, 9)
    In case if you have any further query please let us know, we will be happy to help you.
    Regards,
    Aadesh

• My usb thumb drive erased next to the charger. can this be fixed?

my usb thumb drive erased next to the charger. can this be fixed?

Contact the thumb drive manufacturer.

• Need to know Driver Install Sequence for T500

Please let me know the correct driver install sequence for T500.

Check out the following forum posts, they contain very detailed instructions how to clean install your ThinkPad.
    http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=144783
    or
    http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=294974&highlight=t400+install
    This second is for the T400, but it works for the T500 as well. At least I followed that one on how to enable switachable graphics with the T500.
    Hope this helps! 

• Hard Drive Backup Utility - Question

I have a P67A-GD55 and everything is working wonderfully. I would like more information concerning the Hard Disk Drive Backup Utility in the BIOS.  The BIOS Version is 1.9 and that came on the board from the time of purchase.
    I can get to the HARD DRIVE BACKUP option in BIOS and it seems like it times out waiting for something...which I have yet to figure out.
    My intention is to do a complete backup to an another drive LETTER: which is currently the identical sized partition on the same physical drive. I was able to use CLONEZILLA x64 but would prefer to use the built in Utility.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    My System;
    MSI P67A-GD55 B3 Stepping (Bios version 1.9)
    I7 2600K             
    G.SKILL 8Gb DDR3 1600   F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL
    MSI N5500GTX-Ti Video card
    Hitachi 2Tb 7200 6Gb SATA Hardrive
    Win 7 Home Prem x64

i dont recommend windows backup utility, not comprehensive enough.
    if u are a home user, there are many free utilities out there.
    drive backup, true image and todo backup are all good backup tools.
    they are all can help you.
    personally, i use todo backup.
    http://www.todo-backup.com/products/home/free-backup-software.htm

• Adapter Driver Update Utility?

Hello,
    Is there an OS specific driver update utility for the C series stand alone servers?  I see the driver packs that have all the individual drivers via a zip file, is there a way to automate this outside of an assisted install via the host configuration utility during the OS install?
    Thanks in advance.

If your server is I running windows you, can run the SCU 
    See below and let me know if this helps, also don't forget to rate any useful answers 
    Cisco UCS Server Configuration Utility, Release 2.0(1) User Guide
    http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/unified_computing/ucs/sw/ucsscu/user/guide/20/SCUUG20/overview.html
    These are the new features introduced in UCS-SCU 2.0(1):
    •Interactive Offline Diagnostics—Allows you to run the quick test and the comprehensive test to help identify sources of failure on your server.
    •BIOS and CIMC update on C-460 servers.
    •Improved method to install Windows 2008 operating system, using the WinPE boot.wim method.
    •Support for assisted OS installation of new OSes-RHEL6 and SLES11-SP1.
    •Application for updating drivers on C-series servers running the Windows operating system.
    •A unified framework to perform the following:
    –Server Inventory—View an inventory of your server's CPU, memory, power supplies, fans, IO, storage, BIOS and CIMC.
    –Server Configuration—Set the BIOS boot order and configure a RAID volume on attached hard drives of your server.
    –Firmware Update—Update your server with the most recent system software. You can get updates from a set URL, a network drive, or removable media. The firmware components that can be updated are - BIOS and CIMC.
    –OS Installation—Install the RHEL, SLES, and Windows operating systems in a fully unattended mode. The most recent drivers for all on-board components are added from the Tools and Drivers CD or from other supported locations during the operating system installation.
    –Diagnostic Tools—Allow you to run the Quick Test and Comprehensive Test to detect server failure.
    –Server Health—View the health of the subsystems on your server like CPUs, memory, power supplies, fans, storage, PCI devices, BIOS and CIMC.
    –Server Logs—View the System Log, System Event Log, and MCE Log of your server.

• NON OF THE F KEYS WORK AS ORIGNAL OUT OF THE BOX DEFAULTS

I have a Mac Pro 3,1 using OSX6.8.  I have recently replaced the original hard drive for one with larger capacity. In the process, I have made this new HD the startup disk too. All the programs I am using are up to date and are working well. I am having a problem with my Key board function keys though. I regularly use them for sound, the optical disk drive, exposé, spaces, etc. It is really weird opening dashboard with the volume key, hit the f12 key again and my optical drive opens; all with the f12 key.  Another weird issue is when I select spaces with my control key and the designated number the handy spaces window on screen stays in view. The only way I can get rid of that is by deactivating spaces entirely. I have gone through the system preferences and tried to restore my defaults to no avail. Your suggestions are much appreciated.

In System Preferences > Keyboard uncheck Use all F1, F2, etc. keys as standard function keys.

• How do I erase an older Western Digital 1TB mirrored hard drive? Newer drives can be erased via a WD Utility, but the WD site says to "ask Apple" about the older ones.

I have a MacBook Pro with OSX 10.7.5.  The hard drive is approx. six years old - a Western Digital for Macs, mirrored with 1TB on each half. 
    Because the drive is "infected" with Time Machine backups that I can't erase, I have removed all important files from the drive and now want to wipe it clean.  I've done this with new drives, via the WD Utility that came with the drive, but the older drive doesn't have such a utility.  The WD site only has a protocol for PCs. 
    I find nothing on the Apple site itself.  Can you community members help??
    (I've tried various ways of deleting the Time Machine backups, but nothing has worked.  The instructions for that, which I read on a community support site, were too advanced for me to understand.  A Mac IT guy tried to erase the backups, but he didn't know how either.  So that is why I'm erasing the drive totally.  I've learned my lesson and have a dedicated Time Machine drive now.)

Please be clear:
    This is a mirrored RAID that you use as the startup disk?
    You now have a different startup disk and wish to erase the RAID mirror?
    Do you wish to continue using the RAID for backup?
    If all you want to do is erase the RAID to get rid or the Time Machine backups, the use Disk Utility to erase the mirror disk mounted on the Desktop.

• I just got a WD My Passport 1TB External Harddrive and i have already backed everything up to it but im still a little nervous about erasing things off the physical drive since it says my disk utility is out of space an implying i need to erase items.

I just got a WD My Passport 1TB External Harddrive and i have already backed everything up to it but im still a little nervous about erasing things off the physical drive on my macbook pro since it says my disk utility is out of space an implying i need to erase items.
    I cant find the options to erase selected items it only shows that i can erase everything.
    I mean technically i suppose i could erase everything an have a fresh start since its backed up to my external. But what exactly are the specific items being erased?
    I have bought the newest OS X 10.8.2 an worried that it will get erased also an end up having to repurchase it.
    Can anyone help me?
    <Personal Information Edited by Host>

Black_Chevy07 wrote:
    I just got a WD My Passport 1TB External Harddrive and i have already backed everything up to it but im still a little nervous about erasing things off the physical drive on my macbook pro since it says my disk utility is out of space an implying i need to erase items.
    I cant find the options to erase selected items it only shows that i can erase everything.
    I mean technically i suppose i could erase everything an have a fresh start since its backed up to my external. But what exactly are the specific items being erased?
    I have bought the newest OS X 10.8.2 an worried that it will get erased also an end up having to repurchase it.
    Can anyone help me?
    If you are trying to delete some files get out of Disk Utility, it is not for that!
    How did you backup and what are you trying to achieve?
    Please post the exact error messages(s) you have received.

• Sold Feb 2008 MacBook to someone. I had Lion and had the drive erased, but now it's asking him to reinstall in disk utility. HELP!

So, I had a friend who is a computer expert erase my computer before I sold it to someone. I had Lion so advertised the laptop as running Lion. It's a Feb 2008 model Macbook.
    He has since received it and says it is opening in disk utility asking for a username and password to install Lion. Please help! I'm not the best with computers, and unfortunately I am a student and can't afford much to fix this. I also can't find the original disks that came with the computer.
    Thanks!                             

Your friend didn't erase the hard drive completely so the mac is starting Into the recovery partition. The buyer needs the original discs, if he calls 1-800-MY-APPLE and provides them with the serial number they can ship him a set of original discs for a small fee. He needs to start up with disc one in by holding the C key and then through Disk Uility delete the revovery partition and reinstall the software. If he wants to upgrade to Lion he'll have to purchase that on his own.

• I have iMovie 09. I just erased my external hard drive, but it is still formatted for the mac. However, iMovie will not recognize the hard drive. It shows the only hard drive available is the computers. How do I get the external hard drive to show up?

I have iMovie 09. I just erased my external hard drive, but it is still formatted for the mac. However, iMovie will not recognize the hard drive. It shows the only hard drive available is the computers. How do I get the external hard drive to show up?

In Finder's Menu, select Go menu>Go to Folder, and go to "/volumes". (no quotes)
    Volumes is where an alias to your hard drive ("/" at boot) is placed at startup, and where all the "mount points" for auxiliary drives are created for you to access them. This folder is normally hidden from view.
    Drives with an extra 1 on the end have a side-effect of mounting a drive with the same name as the system already think exists. Try trashing the duplicates with a 1 or 2 if there are no real files in them, and reboot.
    If it does contain data...
    http://support.apple.com/kb/TS2474

• The hard drive on our computer died and we lost all of our purchases in the account. Is there a way to recover the songs we have paid for? If we plug in our iPod to a new account, won't it erase everything during the synch process? Help!

The hard drive on our computer died and we lost all of our purchases in the account. Is there a way to recover the songs we have paid for? If we plug in our iPod to a new account, won't it erase everything during the synch process? Help!

If for some reason you have failed to maintain a backup copy of your computer ( not good), then transfer purchases form your ipod.
    Without syncing, click File>Transfer Purchases

• HT1238 Is there a version of the iPod Reset Utility for 64-bit Windows?

Is there a version of the iPod Reset Utility for 64-bit Windows? The only 1 I could find says it only works on 32-bit. I tried the compatibility utility, but still no joy!

I recently reset my Ipod Shuffle 2nd gen to factory defaults and now it is not being recognized in Itunes. I currently have Windows 8 and no capability to get a 32-bit version of windows. What are my options for making my 2nd gen Shuffle to work?

• When trying to install Epson R200 driver/utility combo, the installer gets stuck in an endless loop asking for admin password without installing. Any idea how to fix this problem?

When trying to install Epson R200 driver/utility combo, the installer gets stuck in an endless loop asking for admin password without installing. Any idea how to fix this problem?

Have you checked on the Epson support site? R200 support is located here.

Maybe you are looking for

• Char. Variable not finding in Infoset

Hi BW Experts, I have created Query on 0FIAR_O03,I used the the following Info objects and Char. Variables. DSO Name: 0FIAR_O03 1) Info Object Name: 0NETDUEDATE(Net due date)    Variable name: 0P_KEYDT(Key due date) 2) Info Object name: 0POSTNG_DATE(

• How do I determine which model of G5 Power Mac I have ?

I thought there was a way / site, that based on the serial number would determine when computer was originally manufactured ? Every search I initiate somehow leads me the Apple store. Surprise. Can anyone provide this means or webiste, etc. Thank you

• JAX RS Java EE 5

Hi, I have a EJB project where I have created entities and CRUD methods for them. I wont to REST enable these EJB methods. Does Java EE 5 have support for JAX - RS ? Prem

• How to play downloaded sound files?

I 'save as' sound files from a nature recordist's group - usually mp3s- but I cant play them. Help? I know this is the place. Thanks ibook G4, B&W G3, Pismo G3   Mac OS X (10.4)   0S 9.2, Peak Le

• Problems with SCXI-1000 after update from Labview 5.1 to LabView 6

I'm using a SCXI-1000 board to readout temperatures from some Pt-100 sensors. The analog signal going into the SCXI-1000 is correct. The reading by LabView program is not. The SCXI-1000 is connected to the PC via a PCI-1200 bus. I've used this setup