Error 0210 stuck key 38 on T400

Hi, I have T400 running windows 7 64 bit. Today my keyboard stoppded working after windows updated but mouse was working. I tried to check the device manager. It says it is working fine and also tried to update key board driver but there was no update.
After that I tried to retstart but now get this 'error 0210 stuck key 38' at the start and sysmtem dont boot up at all. Tried multiple time but no luck. Tried to go to Bio but cant do anything because Keyboard not working there  either.
Plz can anybody help me guide what kind of problem it is like sotware or harware or Bios issue.

The new version of PC Doctor is called Lenovo System Toolbox, if you don't already have it on your T400, download it here:- http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/MIGR-67520.html
Hope it helps.
Maliha (I don't work for lenovo)
ThinkPads:- T400[Win 7], T60[Win 7], IBM 240[Win XP]
IdeaPad: U350
Apple:- Macbook Air [Snow Leopard]
Did someone help you today? Compliment them with a Kudos!
Was your question answered today? Mark it as an Accepted Solution! 
  Lenovo Deutsche Community     Lenovo Comunidad en Español 
Visit my YouTube Channel

Similar Messages

• Error 0210: Stuck Key 3E

Lenovo R400
    If starting I get this Error
    0210: Stuck Key 3E
    What key make this error?
    If system is loading cursor dont working via touchpad.
    If I press WIN key which open start menu, or a volume key, touchpad start working.
    F4 key dont working.
    I tryed reset BIOS - problem continue.
    https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/T400-T500-and-newer-T​-series/When-booting-I-get-an-Error-0210-Stuck-Key​...
    Solved!
    Go to Solution.

Thank You very much!
    I again tried to remove all the buttons except large buttons.
    Via compressor blow all.Using tweezers for hair pulled out.
    I think that the problem is caused by hair wrapped around the pantograph system of button.
    I tried to turn on the notebook without buttons.
    It seems to work ok. F4 button working.
    I will try buttons pushed on keyboard.

• ERROR 0210: Stuck Key 36

Hi all, I met this "ERROR 0210: Stuck Key 36" on boot-up in March, and was later told to upgrade the BIOS to 2.12, then the problem got solved. However, this problem starts to show on boot-up again recently, and sometimes I could logon to the Vista but it seemed that "Shift" is shortcut under Vista. Now I uninstall the whole keyboard and use an USB keyboard, then the problem is gone. Can I conclude that the problem is my faulty original T400 keyboard?
    Thanks! 
    Moderator Note; corrected formating problem
    Message Edited by andyP on 06-17-2009 12:01 AM

Hello,
    Even myself are facing same error message while switch on(power on) laptop
    using ibml lenovo thinkpad edge series 
    error 
    0210 : stuck key 36
    press <F1> to setup...
    nothing happen here none of the keys are working when this message popup except direct power off.
    possible if anybody share such experience solution.
    highly grateful.
    regds
    wasi

• Error 0210: stuck key 2b - t61 thinkpad + windows 7 32 bit

When ever I switch on the system i get this message error 0210: stuck key 2b". If I press esc key then it boots to the os windows 7 and also after booting up, if I open any ms word doc, the # key gets pressed automatically and I could see continous # characters getting typed in the doc. THis has started only after installing the w7 in my thinkpad. Can anyone suggest me if this is an os problem or keyboard failure. THis is repeating even after I clean the keypad and then turn on. This is happening in bios as well, I get a continous beep sound even in the bios as if some key is getting pressed all the time. So please let me know do I have to change the whole key board or just reseat the connection or something else is pending. Please help me, I am wondering why this problem has started immediately after I installed the window 7. If its an os problem, y am i getting the beep sound in bios, so i think its definetly not the os prob. Something wrong with the keys is it not. Any suggestions or tips are appreciated, I ran the HD diagnostic, it passed.
    THanks,
    Solved!
    Go to Solution.

manu555,
    If this is occurring in BIOS as you note, that rules out anything having to do with the OS.   As GMAC-R60 suggests, this points to the keyboard being bad, or having a bad / intermittant connection to the system board, or something on the system board going bad.
    I would try:
    Checking the physical keyboard connection:
    Remove and unplug the keyboard - inspect the keyboard plug for any visible corrosion or damage.  Plug it back in carefully and try again.  If the problems are still occurring, then try..
    Clearing CMOS and resetting BIOS defaults - sometimes you get some stuck bit that causes an abnormal state:
    Remove battery & AC adapter.  Press and hold the power button several times for a count of 5 each time.   Re-attach AC and restart the computer.    Go into BIOS and reload factory defaults and save.  (there is a option to restore factory defaults).  Shut down.  Put in your battery and restart.
    Try replacing the keyboard - you can contact service and order a replacement keyboard outside of warranty, or source on from a local business partner (if there are warranty authorized resellers in your area, they will have the keyboard in stock, or be able to order it).   Or, check online sales - ebay, etc as you wish.
    If none of these steps resolve it, then my next suggestion would be the system board, but I think that is rather unlikely.
    Best regards,
    Mark
    ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
    Mark Hopkins
    Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
    twitter @lenovoforums
    English Community   Deutsche Community   Comunidad en Español   Русскоязычное Сообщество

• When booting I get an Error 0210: Stuck Key 01 Lenovo Thinkpad

Hello,
    When powering on I get this error 
    "Error 0210: Stuck Key 01
    Press <F1> to Setup" Please give your valuable suggestions. Thanks in advance. Sukumar

Hi Sukumar,
    Welcome to Lenovo Community Forums!
    I’m sorry to hear that you are getting stuck key error in your Lenovo ThinkPad.
    Stuck key error means that one or more keys on the keyboard are stuck. It's possible that a liquid spill can also cause one or more keys to electrically "short" causing the error. Inspect the keyboard and check if any keys are mechanically stuck.
    If you're mechanically handy you can remove the keyboard, inspect any chances of damage or corrosion. Plug it back and see if error is still occurring.
    Reset BIOS to default settings. Perform Flee Power – remove the battery and any other peripheral device connected to the computer. Hold the power button for 10-15 seconds and then connect only the AC Adapter and turn ON the computer.
    If none of the above said helped to resolve your concern, I strongly recommend you to contact our technical support for assistance.
    Click here to open a link where you can select the country and get the exact contact support number. I’m sure they will be a great help.
    Best Regards,
    Mithun.

• T43 getting ERROR 0210 Stuck Key FF

My laptop will not boot up outside the docking station.  Nor will it boot up when I have it docked unless I have a PS2 mouse attached.  Outside the docking station or without the mouse the ThinkPad splash screen comes up but doesn't go anywhere and the Access IBM key does not work.
    BUT, when I plug in the PS2 mouse the boot up proceeds and shows the following:
    ERROR
    0210 Stuck Key FF
    Press <F1> to SetUp
    So, I press F1 and it goes to the Bios then I F10 and the system completes the boot process.  Yesterday I did a complete System restore to Original Manufacturer settings to see if that would fix my problem but it doesn't.  So, I have a laptop that only works when it's in a docking station so it's not very portable.
    Any ideas?
    Dave in Arkansas

I am reaching but, they way you describe it.... Sounds like a CMOS battery.  Cheaper than most options and possibly issue.
    when it is in Dock it is drawing power to devices - out of dock it holds the settings via battery - like I said it is a stretch but a cheap first step.
    Harware Maint Manual T43  page 44 (checking Backup Battery)

• Error 0210: Stuck Key 1C

When I try to log into my Lenovo X200 Tablet it starts to beep and I get "error 0210: stuck key 1c". It then tells me to press F1 to set-up. I do this then I am in an area I know nothing about.  Could someone please help me with this and please use language that a not-so-techie person can understand what to do. I thank you for reading this and look forward to hearing from someone soon.

you may need to replace your keyboard. Try to reconnect the ribbon cable that connects the keyboard to the motherboard. Do you have warranty remaining?
    http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/MIGR-70830.html
    Follow the above manual if you don't know how.
    If the problem persists after you did this, then you would need a new keyboard. 
    Regards,
    Jin Li
    May this year, be the year of 'DO'!
    I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft

• Error 0210 : stuck key 04

I get this message when I boot up my computer (error 0210: stuck key 04). Each time I need to go restart in the initial settings when pressing F1. It odes not do it each time, but quite often.
    Any ideas? Thanks.

In almost all cases, this kind of error means you need a new keyboard

• T510 - Error 0210: Stuck key 45

I get the message "Erro 0201: Stuck key 45" and then <Press F1>.
    I hit an Esc and login but, have keying problems with typing when the laptop is connected to the dock =
    mouse's first button does not show the menu;  if i press shift button i don't get caps; cannot type text in Google text box - the cursor keeps blinking  but shows no characters inspite of typing
    If i remove the dock, then most keying problems disappear but occasionally i will see a = character running across couple of lines without me hitting any key.
    Any suggestions will help.

The message tells you, that the Numlock-key (keycode #45) hangs. Take a look onto your keyboard and check for foreign bodies.
    My home-forum: http://www.thinkpad-forum.de
    Wiki: Deutsches ThinkPad-Wiki English ThinkWiki
    My ThinkPad-Collection

• T60 Error 0210 Stuck Key 10

Hi bro & sis,
    I just got a question. Recently, I got this error pops up while i am using the computer and the key keeps coming out and typing. Any way to solve this issue? Cuz it just randomly pops up. 
    Thx all

Sometimes, you get crud (a technical term) under the key. If you are careful, you can pop the key off and blow out under it.

• Error 0210: Stuck Key 2C

Hola buenas tardes, soy nuevo en el foro. Tengo una Lenovo T400 con teclado en español y queria preguntarles si este tipo de error solo siginifica problemas de teclado o puede ser algo mas. Conecte un teclado USB y me sigue sonando con el error y no puedo pasar de los beeps... Hay alguna forma de limpiar el teclado de una forma mas exaustiva? Dado que por aca en Argentina estas cosas son muy caras. Desde ya agradezco su ayuda.  

Es dificil saber cual es la tecla "2C", ya que estos "scan codes" varian un poco de acuerdo al modelo y layout del teclado.
    El teclado se puede sacar con relativa facilidad, pero yo no lo abriria para inspeccionar su interior ya que corres riesgo de romperlo. Yo probaria lo siguiente:
    Desconecta la fuente y quita la bateria
    Presiona el boton de encendido y dejalo presionado por 30 segundos
    Conecta la fuente (sin bateria aun) y re-enciende
    Si esto no resuelve el problema entonces prueba lo siguiente:
    Desconecta la fuente y quita la bateria
    Baja el manual de mantenimiento de este link: click aqui!
    Sigue las instrucciones de los capitulos 1010, 1040 y 1070 para remover el teclado
    Inspecciona el teclado y limpia las teclas con cuidado
    Coloca todo en su sitio
    Si nada ayuda no veo otra alternativa a comprar un teclado nuevo. La T400 lleva el mismo teclado que la serie T60, T61, R60, R61, R400, R500, T500 y W500, busca mejor en MercadoLibre, eBay y paginas similares. Deberias encontrar alguno a buen precio.

• X200s error 0210 Stuck key 38

Error appears after rebooting the notebook after the screen with the logo thinkpad. On the keyboard buttons do not react. If turn off and then turn the laptop to boot will be successful.
    This error occurs if install any software on clean system (possibly because of software for hard disk), and the keyboard works as it seems to me regularly.
    With clean operating system restart the notebook goes well.
    How to fix it, the laptop was bought 2 weeks ago?
    Operating System windows 7.
    I hope to help. Thank you.

thanks for the help me.
    I update bios, but on the previous version this error is also taking place.
    several times already re-installed windows and this error occurs mostly after install thinkpad system update and windows update. exact pattern is not found.
    will schedule an appeal in tech.support

• Error 0210 Stuck Key 28

Hi get nearly everytime this error
    and if he is getting to linux it is writing strange question marks (not the usual question mark) into the terminal window and the mouse pointer is not usual, I can just move windows with it
    What can I do
    Best
    Firebean

I've recently had this problem with a Lenovo Edge 15" (2010 model) . On opening the covers etc , the problem went away, but then came back when everything was put together again ( so to a technician, replacing the motherboard, the problem may very well seem to go away)
       So this was obviously a problem with pressure from one or more of the screws. Eventually, I found that by loosening 4-5 screws on the underside of the unit around  the area near the  bottom right-hand side ( as you look at the open laptop), the problem disappeared. I think I removed one screw completely.
         The initial problem appeared after one of my customers had the laptop for a round 18-19 months, so it would appear that downward pressure from the users palm has caused this (over time). It looks like a design problem but I haven't seen this problem on any thinkpad or G series models.

• T42 error code 0210: Stuck Key FE

I received this computer for chistmas as an IBM certified used equipment. It had been working great until last week when I needed to print out a homework assignment.
    When I powered it up I received the code 0210 stuck key FE. All the keys seem to be free for use. When I get it to the windows xp sign in window the track pad, track button, and key pad do not function.
    Is the computer fixable or worth fixing?  

Hello,
    error 
    press <F1> to setup...
    nothing happen here none of the keys are working when this message popup except direct power off.
    highly grateful.
    regds
    wasi

• 0210: Stuck Key 4E

has anyone ever seen this message? We get it right after the bios screen. It will not allow the system to boot. It ONLY occurs on the docking station, replaced the dock and still get the same issue.

Hello,
    error 
    press <F1> to setup...
    highly grateful.
    regds
    wasi

Maybe you are looking for

• Lenovo V570 Laptop Power Button does not work. Did I screw it up?

Hi, my Lenovo V570 keyboard recently stopped working so I took the keyboard off to reposition the cable. In the process I disconnected another cable on the motherboard (shown in the pictures below). I also cant find the black plastic piece that was h

• Error in print preview or printing

Hi Experts, Have anyone of you experts encountered the error below: Graphic cannot be displayed. Message no. SSFCOMPOSER159 Diagnosis The graphic with the key (name = , object = GRAPHICS, ID = BMAP, type = BCOL) could not be found. System Response Th

• System Call in Classes - CL_IXML

Hi Gurus, Please interpret this code. system-call ixml did 259129538 parameters cl_ixml=>the_ixml me rval. Regards, G.Srinivasan.

• Iphoto 08 slideshow music not playing

After making a slideshow with iphoto I mixed some songs together using garageband, then exported the mixed songs to iTunes. But when I choose that track in iTunes for my slideshow it doesn't play. I've tried a bunch of other songs they won't play eit

• Oc4jDcmServlet  : java.io.IOException: Error writing to server

I've been using the following ant task to do a remote deployment to an OC4J container : <tasks> <java jar="../../../../../MAVEN-WORK/portal-lib/oc4j_remote_deploy.jar" fork="yes" maxmemory ="512m"> <jvmarg value="-Djava.protocol.handler.pkgs=HTTPClie