Error labeling RAID1 SSD drives in T6340

Background:
Sun Blade 6000 chassis
Sun Blade T6340 with 2 internal 30GB SSD drives.
Boot from DVD (Solaris 10 10/09) and start install: disks not formatted/partitioned.
Use format to label c2t0d0: successful
Use format to label c2t1d0: successful
Use raidctl to create RAID1: successful
Use format to label/partition c2t0d0:
selecting c2t0d0
[disk formatted]
Disk not labeled. Label it now? yes
Warning: error writing VTOC.
Warning: no backup labels
Write label failed
This worked fine on another T6340 with 136GB platter disks, but failing with solid state disks.
Any clues?

Did you bot into Recovery mode? You have to.
http://www.macworld.com/article/2015664/how-to-split-up-a-fusion-drive.html

Similar Messages

• When I check my boot SSD drive using Disk Utility under Mavericks, I often get "Incorrect number of extended attributes" errors.  But if I boot off an external drive and check the same SSD, no errors are reported.  Is this a bug in Mavericks?

When I check my boot SSD drive using Disk Utility under Mavericks, I often get "Incorrect number of extended attributes" errors.  But if I boot off an external drive and check the same SSD, no errors are reported. 
    This happens not just with the SSD in my Mac Mini, but with another SSD in my MacBook (both now running Mavericks).  So far as I know, all of the kit I am using is in good order (despite the file corruption reports).  So I am beginning to wonder if it could be due to a bug in Mavericks?  Both SSD drives have been formatted to MacOS Extended (journaled) format.  Should I have used a different format, I wonder?
    Has anyone else encountered this issue?
    Does anyone have a solution?
    Or an explanation that might help my investigation of the issue?
    Thanks guys,

I understand that the Corsair Force 3 is not one of the SSD drives that are supported on Apple Macs. 
    I did try downloading and using Trim Enabler, but the error message came up both when it was off and when it was on.
    I understand that not everyone thinks Trim Enabler is a good program, though there is a new version out now, so I may give it another try.

• I have a MAC Pro from 2011 currently running MAC OS 10.9.5.  This weekend I cloned the MAC HD drive to a new SSD drive for improved performance.  The clone was completed successfully with no errors.  After the clone completed I successfull restarted my sy

I have a MAC Pro from 2011 currently running MAC OS 10.9.5.  This weekend I cloned the MAC HD drive to a new SSD drive for improved performance.  The clone was completed successfully with no errors.  After the clone completed I successfully restarted my system using the SSD as the boot device.  I then successfully tested all of my products, including Photoshop CS6 and all of its plug-ins.  I successfully tested the key features that I frequently use.  Today while attempting to launch Photoshop CS6 a message is being displayed indicating that a scratch disk cannot be found.  All drives are available on the system via the Finder and Disk Utility.  I can access all drives including the old MAC HD which is no longer the boot device.  I've even attempted to launch Photoshop from the old device yet the same error persist.  Is there a way to review/edit/change Photoshop preferences if Photoshop doesn't launch?  I've even restarted my system several times to see if that would resolve the issues.  Does anyone have any recommendations for this issue?  Have you previously address this issue? 
    Thank you Gregg Williams

Boilerplate text:
    Reset Preferences
    http://forums.adobe.com/thread/375776
    1) Close the program and press Ctrl+Alt+Shift/Cmd+Option+Shift during startup (not reversible)
    or
    2) Move the Folder. See:
    http://www.bugge.com/Family-and-friends/Illy/illy.html
    --OB

• Kernel data input error on start up SSD Drive

Hi All
    I have a HP Pavilion g6-1c58dx Notebook PC which I purchased while on holiday in the US in Jan 2012. This January I upgraded to an 120GB SSD drive from OCZ and Windows 8. From the first day I was receiving an error on start up, the computer would restart and ask me to investigate a "Kernel Data Input Error". I scanned the drive on several occasions and received the all clear. In March the drive just failed completely losing all my data.
    OCZ have replaced the drive with one of their Agility range, once again I am receiving the same start up error and although I have checked I have the latest version of all my drivers etc it persists. I am of course worried that in a few weeks this drive will also fail.
    It seems unlikely that the same error could occur on two different drives, my query is whether there is a known issue with this notebook and SSD drives and whether there is a solution to the problem.
    Thank You
    Gareth

I understand that you are receiving a Kernel Data Input Error.
    Is this a blue screen error?  If so, does it give any more details through a more details option?  Some Windows 8 blue screen errors provide less information upfront with a more information option.  
    If it is a blue screen error, uploading the file and sharing the link may be helpful in identifying the core of the issue.
    This site details how to do this using Sky Drive, a Microsoft service.
    Is there a common event (opening a program, performing an action, etc.) that precedes the error?
    If you run the start-up or run-in test (power on and press F2), does the RAM pass the test?  To rule in or out a RAM issue, it may be beneficial to use the run-in test overnight.
    ↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓

• Had to replace Xserve RAID controller and now I get Xsan Admin: ERROR: duplicate LUN label RAID1-Left1

I need some help, I had one of my five Xserve RAID boxes fail. The upper controller card needed to be replaced and so we replaced it. But now only one of my volumes is loading and I am seeing the following error in my Console.
    7/18/12 9:23:18.550 AM Xsan Admin: ERROR: duplicate LUN label RAID1-Left1
    This raid box holds three LUNs. the left is split into two with one being the metadata / Journal for the main volume and the 2nd being the same for my secondary volume. The right side of this box is the second volume while the remaining 4 RAID boxes are my main volume. Here is the rub, the main volume is using the left1 LUN and the secondary is left2. The left2 is the one that is not working and when I go into the LUN info the WWN number does not match the actual id on the raid box.
    HELP!!!!
    Thanks,
    Kevin Rosenthal

Did you try turning it off and on again? I mean, the full SAN shutdown/startup: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4027
    You're probably seeing "duplicate LUN labels" because the MDC has seen two LUNs with the same label but different serial numbers since it has been online. The serial number (which I think is based off the WWN) would have changed when the RAID controller changed. A reboot should fix that specific error message.
    If the volume still doesn't start after rebooting, then you would want to check the cvlog for that volume.

• Does anybody have a functioning 17" mbp with a 6Gb/s SSD drive?

I ordered a MacBookPro 17" (June 2011) with the 7200rpm hard drive which is a slow drive, but comes at no extra cost with the machine.
    The ssd's Apple ships with the mbp's are relatively slow and expensive, so I do not consider them an option. I therefore ordered an OWC Mercury Pro 6G (240GB) sata3 SSD drive and replaced the hard drive with it. Under both Snow Leopard and Lion I get beach balls almost continuously. Installing the ssd in a co-workers 15" mbp makes the drives work at over 500 mb/s, so the drive is not the problem.
    I explained this to the people at AppleCare's helpdesk and they state, since I used a non Apple item, they can't help me. They tell me to go to a local reseller and have them install the ssd for me. This way the mbp is still valid for AppleCare. The local reseller won't touch my mbp since I bought it online at Apple (and not at his store), plus I did not buy the OWC drive in his store. In short, AppleCare is useless here. They claim I should've ordered one of the Apple ssd's (which are basically sata2 drives).
    Since the 17" mbp supports sata3 and has the fastest processors of the mbp range (which is why I bought it in the first place) I do not understand why Apple would force me to 'downgrade' to a non current ssd. I work with large 3D drawing files as well as multilayered large photoshop files, so having a fast drive is very beneficial to my workflow. The hardware in the 13" and 15" mbp's support the functionality of a 6G ssd in practice, whereas the 17" mbp only does that on paper. Selling my 17" and swapping it for a 15" model seems the only option but I refuse to believe a company that claims to be technologically advanced can ignore having specifications that only work on paper. There is no record, comment or even gossip of Apple indicating this is a problem, let alone they are working on a fix, despite finding numerous forums online where people have the same problem I have.
    So for the record, on the official Apple Support site, directed to both Apple developers and users:
    Is there anybody that has a functioning 17" MBP with a 6Gb/s SSD?
    If you have, please let me know the specs or your machine and drive so I can see if there is a solution to unleash the full potential of my MBP.
    I believe there is no sadder sight than the sullen tread of a caged (osx) Lion. Help me free the desert's fallen king!! ;-)

Thanks wjosten for your reply. I filled out a feedback form.
    To comment on AussieDJ's post: I tried the OWC shielding kit, doesn't work. The problems described with 6Gb/s ssd's were all with pre March MBP's. Mine is a June 2011 MBP so I figured the problem would've been solved in the mean time. I guessed wrong there. Since I waited for the release of OSX Lion (and the trim support functionality) I thought this would solve the spinning beach ball issue. I guessed wrong there as well. Can't return the ssd anymore (>30 days) so I glued the ssd on our offices "wall of shame". Being an architecture office we have everybody in the office put up poorly designed objects here (sort of a cool and uncool board but then labelled ***? and No way!). I should've glued y 17" MBP on this wall actually (since it's hardware does not work with the 6Gb/s ssd), but the bugger is too heavy and won't stick... ;-)
    The worst part of the story is that my dad got his 6Gb/s ssd to wortk in his windows notebook...and he does not skip an opportunity to rub it in (your MBP can't do no 6G)!
    Let's hope there will be an EFI update!

• Upgraded my 2009 iMac with ssd drive

Hello
    I wanted to share my experience with upgrading my late 2009 iMac replacing the DVD drive with a 240GB SSD drive and upgrading the hard drive to a 3TB hard drive. Back a year ago I upgraded the factory 1TB with a seagate 2TB which was the main internal drive holding the osx. With needing more room I discovered the seagate 3TB also had the necessary heat sensor connector, so I knew that 3TB drive would work. Adding the 240GB SSD was a last minute decision. Plus, I seldom use the factory standard DVD drive and discovered that my LG brand USB dvd drive actually works when attached to the iMac. Operates just like the factory DVD drive.
    So having done an upgrade before on this machine, I was not too concerned, but have to add that all did not go well this time.
    Alter removing the screen and all the screws, then while carefully unplugging all the wires attached to the monitor, that one plug labeled LCD TEMP, that tiny little plug, broke at the circuit board. I was not using too much pressure and suspect the stress on these delicate connections had reached the limit. Both from the previous upgrade, and now another. The plug was simply stressed and ready to give way.
    Maybe this plug was defective, I don't know, but the snap-in plug pulled the top of the black plastic circuit board connector off, exposing the two copper connector prongs. Not only that, but the two copper prongs that were now exposed were curled upward. Making re-attachment of the plug near impossible. So I figured maybe i could re-attach the tiny LCD TEMP plug back onto the exposed prongs and then electrical tape over to hold in-place. But first I had to somehow get the curl out of the two copper connector prongs for the plug to connect.
    Well, while using a small screw driver to try to flatten out the curled copper prongs, one copper prong exceeded its stress level and broke off. Could not take the stress of being bent and messed with. Everything inside these machines are extremely delicate, as everyone knows only too well that has ever opened up their imac.
    And now, a broken LCD TEMP circuit board connector. What to do, what to do?
    Kill two birds with one stone.....
    But first I wondered if this LCD TEMP sensor would keep the system from operating, so I put the machine back together, half way together, and powered it up.
    The machine came to life, however, the CPU fan was running crazy fast 3800 and noisy as ****.
    Googling this, I came across another person that had the same LCD TEMP cable break, and saying their CPU fan went crazy in the same way.
    So I realized somehow the system needed this LCD TEMP connector, connected.
    What to do, what to do?
    I ran over to radio shack and bought the lowest wattage soldering iron they sold.
    Now, this killing two birds with one stone part...
    I had to somehow solder two new wires onto the spot where this LCD TEMP board connector attached to the circut board.
    No easy task since there was only a hair-lines space between the two circuit board connectors. I had to somehow achieve the impossible.
    And while at it, killing off the second bird, I could replace this LCD TEMP wire itself with new much longer wire set, making this disassemble - reassemble thing much easier.
    Well I pulled it off.
    I was able to solder two new wires to the spots on the circuit board where this LCD TEMP connector sits.
    Without bleeding solder onto the partner connector just a hairs-line spaced between.
    Then I patched in this new and longer pair of wires from the circuit board LCD TEMP to the monitor LCD TEMP sensor.
    And finally, replaced the DVD drive with the new 240GB SSD drive, slapped the machine back together half way just enough to power it up, cloned the osx hard drive to the SSD drive, "option-restart" the machine and booted from the new SSD drive, everything working as it should.
    I even dismounted the orginal internal hard drive holding the osx, and ran the system to ensure everything worked, which it did.
    Next, tore the iMac back down, replaced the 2TB hard drive with a new 3TB hard drive, and for a final time slapped the system back together.
    Everything is operating perfect,
    Naturally, had to format the new 3TB hard drive, and will move all my iTunes media back to that new drive I had temporally stored on an external USB drive.
    Fans are all running at normal speeds.
    System is once again silent when running.
    And this is the last and final time I will ever upgrade this particular machine sober.
    Just some advice, this is some of the unforeseen mishaps that can occur when upgrading any iMac.
    And this could have ended in disaster.
    Luckily however, I had just enough luck and experience to get thru the hurdles, now I have a better, bigger, faster iMac.
    Like they say, this self upgrading is not for the faint of heart.
    For awhile I seen myself listing this on eBay as a dead 27" late 2009 iMac for sale for parts.
    Not the case, well at least not the case this time....

Congratulations on not panicing and stating it like it is. Clearly upgrading the internals of an iMac is not for the faint of heart, I plan on keeping your post if for no other reason to show others why a do-it-yourself on an iMac is a pretty foolish thing to undertake.

• 2009 Mac Book Pro want to install an SSD drive to replace optical 250 drive. What is best way?

My Mac Book Pro is getting very slow (2009) I want to replace 250 optical drive foe a 256 SSD Samsung850 pro drive. What is the best way to proceed. I am running Yosemite  now. Have the SSD drive formatted and a back up made of my old drive. Do I have to go back to Snow leopard and reload? Then update to present?
    Thanks

That error can be as a result of a number of reasons, corrupt file system, incompatible software, malware. etc.
    I suggest that you connect the SDD via USB, boot into the recovery partition and install Yosemite onto the SSD.  (Make certain that it has been formatted.)
    Then test to see if it will boot the MBP (OPTION key down at start up and then select the SSD icon.)
    If it boots the MBP, swap the drives and then connect the original or your back up HDD to the MBP and then drag and drop your data to the internal SSD.
    This way if the HHD was corrupt, that issue then should be eliminated.
    Not as quick a procedure, but this seems to be the best alternative that I can come up with.
    Ciao.

• Converting to SSD Drive for Boot Drive on m7 with Win8

I just bought a new m7-j020dx (product code E4S19UA#ABA) with Windows 8 from Best Buy.  Unfortunately, it came with a standard hard disk drive (HDD) and I would like to install a Solid State Drive (SSD).  I have an Intel 320 and 530 series drive.  But I have not been able to get a bootable drive from this.
    The first thing I tried was cloning the factory drive to a new 530 series drive using AOMEI Backupper.  I got a write error on the third partition.  I thought perhaps the drive was bad so I tried it again with an Intel 320 series SSD drive.  Same error.
    The next attempt was to clone the drive to another 1 TB drive (connected via USB), shrink the main partition with MiniTool and clone to the 320 series SSD.  The cloning went fine.  However, with the new SSD installed, the computer will not boot and I get "Error0x0000225", something about a file not found.  Turning off "secure boot" in the BIOS setup did not help (I did this after the clone).
    So I thought I would make a clean install of Win 8.  I generated a recovery disk on a 32GB SanDisk USB drive using Win8's recovery disk generator (as instructed on the HP site).  I then ran the recovery program off the USB drive and after a couple of hours of installing driver software and several reboots, I get an HP message stating the installation was not complete.  Repeating the install did not help.
    I am not sure what the problem is. 
    Is the USB recovery disk a made from the original HDD bad (one only gets one shot at it)?  Do I need to order media from HP on disks?  Are there issues with using SSD drives on these computers?  Do I not have a BIOS settig correctly (UEFI)?  Is there some Intel storage drivers getting in the way?
    I think my next step will be to create a disk Image and then put it back to the SSD drive.  But I doubt this fixes the issue with booting to it.
    Another option might be to do a fresh build using Win8 media and then download and install each driver from the HP website.
    Any ideas out there in the land of experts?
    This question was solved.
    View Solution.

Vachsen
    Please install the HDD Back
    Update your BIOS
    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-128144-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en...
    Install the new Intel Rapid Start Technology Driver
    https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23496&ProdId=2101&lang=eng&OSVersion...
    Reboot
    Attach the SSD over USB Cable
    Update the SSD Firmware
    https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=18363
    Reboot
    Use the Intel tool for drive Copy
    https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=19324
    Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left.
    Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.

• Best way to utilize SSD drive with Adobe/Photoshop?

Hi guys, 
    Just bought my first SSD drive (240GIG)and are about to set it up for the purpose of doing any Adobe CC work the fastest I can.
    Obviously I have to install the Windows 7 Pro system onto the drive and Adobe files, I imagine that any work Adobe .psd/work files I should also keep on the drive?
    So partition it like
    C: Windows 100GIG
    D: Program Files and Work Files 140GIG
    Or should I add another drive E: so I can set scratch disks to it?
    Or can scratch disks just utilise my old non SSD drive?
    I imagine getting everything onto SSD would be the way to go, but thats only guessing.
    Any help or advice would be great

First off, these things are solid state, with 2 million hour MTBF.  They don't heat up and cool down much, since they don't draw much power.  The reality is this:  They just don't fail.  I've had zero glitches in 1.3 years of daily hard use with this setup.  No failures or errors or slowdowns or anything since it was new.  A single electromechanical HDD seems WAY more prone to losing data.
    Secondly, I do make backups.  Anyone with any sense does.  I complete a system image backup every night between 1am and dawn to external USB drive that can be restored to bare metal if need be.  Windows Backup gets the job done quite nicely, and it not only provides catastrophic failure recovery capability, but also integrates with the Previous Versions feature - for everything.  Having to rebuild an array and restore a backup is no big deal, if a failure should occur.  Restoring individual files is trivial.  If you're really paranoid you could build a RAID 5 or 10 array that could handle failures in stride, but in practice I've found it's just not needed.
    Thirdly, JJ seems to want to debate whether there is a performance gain in making an SSD array.  I'm guessing you haven't been able to directly compare a system so equipped.  When your hardware can read an entire 1 GB file in less than a second - and it gives this kind of performance for every operation the system does - you'd better believe that helps.  Care to compare benchmarks?  Keep in mind this SSD design is nearly 2 years old.  Modern top of the line drives such as the OCZ Vector would kick heck out of mine (OCZ Vertex 3) performance-wise.
    Out of curiosity, if you start Windows Explorer, navigate to drive C:, select all the folders and files in the files pane, then right-click and choose Properties, how quickly does it count up your files?  This is one case where a single SSD ought to run just about as fast as an array, since it's just a huge number of small I/O operations.  My system enumerates its 618,411 files in 21 seconds, or about 30,000 files per second.  See what yours does.
    -Noel

• Adding third-party SSD drives to Xserve

Has anyone tried this? I would like to buy a new Xserve and migrate to 10.6, but since my application would benefit greatly from SSDs, I would like to buy build an Xserve with a SSD boot drive, and two SSD drives in RAID1. Since Apple doesn't offer SSDs as a drive bay option, has anyone here successfully done it on their own?
    ...Rene

Yes, I can't see a reason either why a third-party drive (e.g., http://www.plianttechnology.com/lightning_ls.php ) be used. I would just like to hear from someone who has actually done it on a the newer Nehalem Xserves. My application is very database bound (many small, random reads and writes), and I think it would benefit greatly from an SSD.
    ...Rene

• Getting SSD Drive for my Core i5 Laptop

still-learning wrote:
    I am sorry Sid, I didn't get your last sentence. " it literally turns them into another computer". I am sorry I am very confused and my another reason for upgrading to 2.5" SSD drive is to welcome the new Windows 10 and ofcourse boot time is high speed. 
    That's cool.  Let me ask you a question, have you timed how long it takes to boot your computer from the time you hit the power button to the time you see the hard drive light on your laptop stop flashing?  My guess would be in the neighborhood of three minutes or better.  Most of the i3's I upgrade will be usable in around 30 seconds.  Everything is faster.

Hi everyone, I currently have Lenovo G550 and its been more than an year and a half , the laptop is working fine and just needed a hard drive replacement few months back due to S.M.A.R.T errors/warnings I was receiving on older one. Now, sometimes looking at lot of new laptop ads I plan to get a faster machine just for the sake of quick boot or running of applications and to open files and emails/pdf in a blink of an eye instead of waiting for few seconds. Honestly, I am happy but I am in a dilemma if I should really go for a Quad Core based laptop or simply just switch to Samsung Evo or Pro SSD. If it is really worth a shot to upgrade on the current setup instead of paying double to get a core i7 or Quad core based laptop, ofcourse that will be again with a mechanical drive instead of SSD.My current config :-Lenovo...
    This topic first appeared in the Spiceworks Community

• Problems installing an SSD Drive in my 17-J050us

I purchased an HP 17-j050us laptop with the intent to upgrade the HD to an SSD drive to upgrade performance.
    My laptop works well, I have had no problems with it.  However, when I tried to do a clone from my laptop's drive to my purchased seperately SSD drive (Intel 335 240 GB SSD) the cloning procedure would not work.
    I ran Intel's data migration tool, and the SSD was recognized and things were proceeding smoothly until the laptop restarted to perform the copy operation.  When the laptop restarted to a black screen to begin copying, the software displayed the error message "failed to find,  exception code 1101838"
    After doing some research it appears the problem is relating to the inablility to successfully use data migration software with UEFI systems, such as my laptop.
    Does anyone know if Data migration is even possible on newer HP laptops with UEFI partitions?  I am at a loss as to how to procede now.
    Does anyone have any experience with this? 

You would have to buy a windows 8 OEM DVD, not retail, or the key wouldn't work.
    The only thing you could try would be to make a set of recovery disks from your original hard drive and see if they will work on the SSD.
    They probably won't though if the SSD is smaller than the original hard drive but you would have nothing to lose by trying.
    Info on how to create recovery media.
    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&dlc=en&docname=c03481733&lc=en&jumpid=reg_r1002_us...
    Did you also try enabling Legacy Mode/Disabling Secure boot to see if the cloning software would work under those settings?
    Info on changing the BIOS settings.
    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&dlc=en&docname=c03736054&lc=en&jumpid=reg_r1002_us...

• Can't partition my internal SSD drive

Hello,
    After some trouble with mail drop, my mac has frozen, i forced the restart but it could not boot on my drive anymore.
    I started in recovery mode and tried to repair with the last backup but the drive could not be unmounted.
    I unmounted the drive with diskutil in command line using the force option.
    Since then, I can't partition/erase my internal SSD drive anymore, i have tried all format but i always get this error (in french) : "Le balayage des données du volume afin d'empêcher de futures recherches accidentelles a échoué".
    How can i erase and partition this drive in order to reinstall Yosemite ?
    Thanks in advance
    My configuration :
    MacBook Pro 13 pouces
    Processeur 2,7GHz Intel Core i7
    OS X Yosemite 10.10.3

Anyway Right click on the Network connection
    Did that -- I get a window with three tabs, General, Exceptions, Advanced. Exceptions has a long list, which includes Bonjour, which is checked. But I don't see any list of Bonjour Advertised Services and nothing about CD.DVD anywhere I've looked.
    Next possible step??? (I really appreciate all the effort you're putting into this!)
    , iirc, then shoe UpnP.Bonjour stuff, opens the Firewall & supposedly shows "Advertised" services, then you'd Mount the Mavs CD.DVD if it works!

• Why won't my MBPr read my external ssd drive?

hello.  quick question for anyone who may have some suggestions.  i've been using aoyen digital u32 shadow ssd drive for a few months now with my 2007 macbook pro.  i got this error message the first time i plugged it into my new macbook pro retina.  i've heard that people are having issues with the usb ports (in particularly the right one).  though this message is popping up with both of my ports when i plug in my drive.

hello.  quick question for anyone who may have some suggestions.  i've been using aoyen digital u32 shadow ssd drive for a few months now with my 2007 macbook pro.  i got this error message the first time i plugged it into my new macbook pro retina.  i've heard that people are having issues with the usb ports (in particularly the right one).  though this message is popping up with both of my ports when i plug in my drive.

Maybe you are looking for

• Slideshow w music sharing

I made a slide show from a family event and added music from iTunes library. How can I share this production over the web with my fam?  I uploaded to youtube but they stripped the music from the show.  Any other means of doing this? Thanks dav

• Pairing mobil phone with iMac

I would like to send some photos from my Samsung mobil phone to my new iMac using Bluetooth. I can get the devices to pair with no problem but the "Connected" button goes red (not connected) and I can't find a way to change it to green. When I go to

• More items in "recent places" list when attaching documents?

Hello, I find it very useful to have the "recent places" list when browsing for a file I want to attach to an e-mail. In almost all of the other programs I use, however, the recent places list seems to have about twice as many listed as the Mail prog

• How to install DB2 in Solaris 9 using remote Win NT machine?

Hi there, I am new to Solaris. Could you please tell me how to install DB2 administration client in Solaris 9. The problem is the Installation CD is put in the Solaris server and i have to install using a remote Windows NT machine via telnet. Is ther

• Server Hardening Issues in Distributed Installation on Windows

Hello, We are installing SAP CE 7.1 in a Distributed Installation on Windows. SCS and App Server on one HOST and DB (Oracle) on another host. There is a firewall between DMZ and App Server. There is a second firewall between App and DB Server Our Net