External Style Bay Adapter for T5200

I am now using a 2nd HDD in the internal Style Bay of my Satellite T5200-802, which I do not want to remove anymore.
I am looking for an external Style Bay Adapter (via USB/ Firewire) for the above to use my Toshiba Style Bay Bridge Media Adapter.
Can someone let me have the correct Toshiba Part No., the dealer (mailorder) - where I had bought the notebook - say they can only order once I have the correct Toshiba Part No., as they are only specialized on complete Notebooks etc.
Thanks for help

Hi,
As far as I know there is no external adapter. My opinion is that you can use your second HDD as external device. I use external 60GB HDD integrated in USB 2.0 Slim Size Hi-Speed 2.5" Hard Drive aluminum Case.
It is easy to use and to connect if I need it.
Bye

Similar Messages

• Re : T400 2764CTO, 2nd HDD Adapter for an Ultrabay Slim, to be used in the DVD bay

What is the part # for the 2nd HDD Adapter for an Ultrabay Slim, to be used in the DVD bayCan you also confirm it is a SATA connection, I have already been sent an IBM P/N 41U3148 which has the IDE connection and appears not to fit.
    Thanks for help 

shan_mcarthur wrote:
    Actually, it is entirely accurate.  Here is another related thread with a lot of pictures that demonstrate the problem.  I have 3 Lenovo W520s and 3 useless Lenovo Ultramedia bay adapters.  I cannot tolerate the gap because it causes frequent drive dismounts when I pick up the laptop when it is running or even touching the side.  The newmodeus adapters I purchased to replace the defective Lenovo adapters have been rock solid!  I recommend visiting all the picture links on this thread.  It will clearly demonstrate the problem:
    http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/W-Series-ThinkPad-Laptops/Will-Hard-Drive-Bay-Adapter-II-two-work-in-W52...
    Shan, it isn't entirely correct because we have a lot of W510 and W520 users in my company this doesn't occur with. I am not discounting the problem. I only take exception to the statement that blankets ALL users and ALL hard drive adaptors.  Doing that is incorrect.

• AC adapter for PX1269E-1G50 external HDD

Hi all,
    I have lost the AC adapter for the PX1269E-1G50 external HDD and would like to buy a new one. Does anyone know what the part number is for this adapter, and where to buy it?
    Thanks

It is not easy to get this info. Have you maybe users manuals or some other document?
    Maybe you can find this info there.
    By the way: check the power supply adapter info and maybe you can use some universal one.

• Hdd Caddy for bay adapte

Hi, I have installed Hdd Caddy for bay adapter , but Notebook (thinkpad w540) can not recognize and see it. But same caddy works excellent on other, Toshiba notebook. what can I do? there is some settings from bios?
    Thank you in advance
    Moderator comment: Three threads merged. Subjects not edited to better allow following which replies belong together. In the future, please do not replicate threads as it splinters the discussion.

Startup menu -> Boot -> Boot priority order.
    Make sure that the HDD1 with its model is on the Boot priority order list. If it is on the Excluded from boot order list, it is disabled.
    x220 | i5-2520m | Intel ssd 320 series | Gobi 2000 3G GPS | WiFi
    x220 | i5-2520m | hdd 320 | Intel msata ssd 310 series | 3G GPS | WiFi
    Do it well, worse becomes itself
    Русскоязычное Сообщество   English Community   Deutsche Community   Comunidad en Español

• 5205 Style Bay TV Tuner?

Anyone with one of the older models (mine is a 5205-S505 PS520U-31P1RV) which has the hot-swap style bay feature know anything about the "TV Tuner" that has a Toshiba p/n of PA3289U1-1TC?
    I was checking several of the older model parts suppliers for a new fan module (p/n P000371020), and discovered that Impact Computers & Electronics (with whom I've done business in the past and consider a reliable vendor for such things) has a couple of these particular refurbished parts.  However, nothing on the official Toshiba website recognizes the tuner p/n and it isn't listed in the laptop model's specs as an available accessory, but might have been developed for a later model and still compatible as there is some sort of driver package which is presented in the official webpage's listings for another, newer laptop model I own (P770).  As I have several other accessories which fit the 5205 style bay (extra battery, HDD, DVD-R/RW) it piqued my interest -- it's undoubtedly based on the old analog broadcast system and so would require an external digital converter, but I happen to have one of the latter that's not in use and so could theoretically enable broadcast reception functionality.

Hello vanman
    Unfortunately I can not give you precise information about Toshiba partners in UK but just info about TV tuner and Toshiba notebooks. Yesterday I have posted the same to other user but I do it again for you.
    On Toshiba notebooks preinstalled with Microsoft Windows Media Center Edition the TV functionality will not work outside the country where the unit is purchased.
    As far as I know the TV Tuner is specific to the country in which the notebook is purchased. This is obvious in the case of PAL (European standard) versus NTSC (North American standard) but also relates to variances in the PAL standard that can be found across those countries that use this for their television broadcasts.
    The Microsoft Windows Media center Edition OS is only setup for use within the country in which the notebook was purchased. Similarly, overseas users who bring foreign notebook PCs into the other country will not be able to use the TV Tuner for the same reasons. Even exchanging the TV Tuner for one that matches the country in which the notebook is being used will not work.
    Good luck!

• VGA to Video adapter for a late 2004 iBOOK

I found a free TV and thought maybe i could use it as a larger screen format. so i went searching for cable adapters.
    I did do a search here in the search query box on word search vga to video and results show related to clam shell versions.
    while looking around the Apple web site for a VGA to Video adapter for a iBOOK G4 that shows a CPU speed of 1.2 GHz and a designation of PowerBook6, 5 yes that is how it is written in the System Profiler 'PowerBook6, 5'.
    Using a tape measure the screen itself with out the plastic frame shows a width of 9.5 inches , including the plastic frame shows: 11 and one quarter, that could round off to 12 inch even though it is not at or beyond the point 5 mark.
    The original paper work is some where ?.
    I found a VGA adapter that could possibly work at
    http://store.apple.com/us/product/M9109G/A?mco=MTY3ODQ5OTY#overview
    yet the wording states: The video adapter cable plugs into the video output port (mini-VGA) built into the back of the computers listed in the compatibility section below.
    Compatible with:
    iBook without an external reset button, eMac, iMac G5, or 17-inch iMac (1GHz) with mini-VGA port.
    does not say much for the laptop.
    There is shown a VGA adapter for the iBook here:
    http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2721?viewlocale=en_US
    yet finding it at the store ???
    if i copy the part number in a search query at the store the results show a Lexmark copy machine.
    I found many DVI adapters at:
    http://store.apple.com/us/product/M9319G/A?mco=MTY3ODQ5OTY#overview
    And then here:
    http://support.apple.com/kb/TA27124?viewlocale=en_US
    as copied and pasted here:
    The Apple Mini-DVI to S-Video/Composite Adapter does not work with PowerBook G4 (12-inch) computers,
    the one thing i have notice is that no compatibility charts actually show support for the 1.2 GHz iBOOK G4.
    I also see that there are Mini DVI to VGA adapters, Mini ?, does mention pin numbers ??.
    I was wondering if i could crossover the DVI to VGA thru the adapters using VGA and DVI cables, yet pin numbers and compatibility questions still remain.
    Suggestions ?
    Thank you.

http://store.apple.com/us/product/M9109G/A?mco=MTY3ODQ5OTY#overview
    The adapter in the above link is the one you need.
    ~Lyssa

• Is it possible to change the color of a layer of a Customs CSS from an External Style sheet?

Hi,
    I have sucessfully link External .css  file to my HTML page and able to change the font size of the headlines and the paragraph.
    What I am not able to do is to ADD the color my Custom CSS from the External sheet.  I have difined the color attribute as a 'Advance'
    and gave it the same name "#bigwraper" that is has in my HTML file.
    Attached is the color outline of my 'Blank Layout' with colors?
    Thank you.
    Dreamer101.1

Hi Murray,
    I am building a web site on which the entire content would be changed at least daily. The website would have similar design to www.Helium.com
    The page will have CCS layout boxes in which different content would  be pasted.
    To re-phrase my question:  I want to know how to change the color of a layer from an external style sheet?
    Because my home page 'Sidebar' and colors would be the same for all page, only the content of different pages would be different.  If I want to change a color of my web side pages, I need to learn how to do it in one spot through an External Style Sheet.
    I am amble to link my external style sheet and to change H1 tag and to give it different colors. But I was not sucess with change the color of a layer on which my content sits around.
    I took out the color from my HTML page and gave the same name to the layer in my External Style Sheet with the same color.
    Hope my question and the reason I was able to clarify.
    cheers,
    Dreamer101.1

• I have an iPad 2 and want to use video mirroring. I bought a VGA adapter for the iPad, iPhone and iPod so that I could plug the iPad into any monitor, TV, projecter, etc without it being an HD device. I plug it in and it appears the monitor has no communi

I have an iPad 2 that I want to use with video mirroring to give lectures with. I bought a VGA Adapter for the iPad, iPhone, and iPod as I want to be able to connect with any TV, monitor or projector for lectures, not just an HD device.. After plugging in my iPad to the VGA adapter and then to the video device, it appears that there is no connection with the iPad. Anybody have any thoughts?
    Thanks, Steve

This article outlines how to use the Apple AV adapter or VGA Adapter to connect your iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPad, or iPod touch (4th generation) to an external TV, projector, or display. http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4108
    This explains how to set up AirPlay Mirroring, and how to troubleshoot AirPlay Mirroring issues that may occur between your iPhone, iPad and Apple TV (2nd generation).  http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4085

• Production operation external processing goods receipt for subcontract PO

Hi PP/MM experts,
    I searched for existing forum entries but no luck or final answer.
    I have a question about the goods receipt for a subcontracting PO that is account assigned to an operation of a production order (external processing for operation).
    The following situation:
    Production order type PP02 - external processing
    There is only one operation in the production order with control key PP02 - external processing. I marked the control key PP02 in configuration for 'Automatic goods receipt'.
    I created a PO for the PR is the operation
    When I'm doing the goods receipt of the subcontrating PO a 101 posting is triggered for the finished product and components are consumed by 543 O movements. So far so good. But the inventory for the finished style is not increased. In MIGO I even see that even a batch number for the finished product is determined. Looks like that only the service is posted but not the inventory. I assumed when I mark the operation contol key for 'goods receipt' that the MIGO will also post the inventory for the finished style.
    Reason for PP order and not only subcontract order is that we want to manage capacities of external suppliers with PP capacity planning.
    Is that a bug in our system or normal behaviour? We use SAP ERP 6.5 with IS AFS.
    Thanks in advance for your answers.
    Best Regrads,
    Harry

Hi Rizzi and all others,
    thanks for your replies.
    I'm using a production order for the following reasons:
    We want to use capacity planning for external suppliers. At least to have some overview of work they have to do in a month
    The external assembly can also be changed to internal assmebly and for that reason we will start always with the same kind of document -> production order.
    But one more thing what is really confusing. In the materials document list MB51 the 101 movement for the service is listed even if the inventory was not increased. That is really confusing for the users.
    Best Regards,
    Harry

• Thinkpad Serial ATA Hard Drive Bay Adapter

I would like to install a second hard drive in my T61. I saw a thread that advised I can do this by purchasing a "Thinkpad Serial ATA Hard Drive Bay Adapter". The thread also had a link where one can be purchased. However, the page displayed by the link said that the product was unavailable. Do I have any other options for installing a second hard drive? Will this adapter become available for purchase in the future? I want to install solaris or Linux on the second drive and boot from it, I assume this is possible. Thanks.

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/MIGR-61161.html
    according to the Lenovo website, yes it is the right model for the T61.
    Regards,
    Jin Li
    May this year, be the year of 'DO'!
    I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft

• FTP adapter for Oracle Service Bus  - retrieve file by dynamic file name.

Hi
    I am newbie in OSB. I try to use FTP transport in Workshop, it must fill in "Prefix" and "Suffix" for destination file name.
    But for us, the file name is sent by external systems.
    The workflow is:
    1. External system call our proxy services.
    2. Proxy service get file name from SOAP message.
    3. Proxy Service get the file from FTP server.
    4. The file send to Business services.
    Any suggestions to implement about workflows?

Let me first put here what I understand about the flow:
    External Sytem -->(filename)--> OSB HTTP PS --> (1) --> OSB FTP BS --> Read file based on filename
    |--> (2) --> send file ontent to another system or return to the original system
    If that is the flow, then I beileve ther is no straight forward way to implement it in OSB.
    OSB FTP BS will only write a file to FTP Location.
    If you create a JCA FTP Adapter for reading the file, then you can use it only to create a Proxy Service, and that proxy will not pick up the file when called from another service but only when a file is put on the source FTP location.
    So, to implement the solution you will need to use Java Callout to a class which has code written to accept the file name as input, read the file from an FTP location and return the file content.
    This is my understanding of how it is, may be there is another way to implement this or in fact may be the latest version of OSB 11.1.1.4 or 11.1.1.5 JCA adapter does support read operation within a flow instead of just at the start of the flow.

• Adapter for iMac 27" as display for virgin media V+ HD box?

Hi, I'd like to connect a virgin media V+ HD box  box to my 27" iMac [3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, late 2009]
    The virgin media V+ HD box provides both dvi and hdmi outputs.
    iMac 27" manual states: supports input from external DisplayPort sources (requires cables and adapters, sold separately).
    Can anyone recommend an adapter for this purpose?
    Ideally, the adapter would carry audio as well as picture and Target Display Mode (shift-F2?) would flip between the two.
    Thanks,

Wht are you trying to do? It sounds like the goal is to watch TV or other video that comes in on the Virgin box and use the iMac as a display. If that is the case please visit www.elgato.com, they supply various devices that can fulfil that need.

• Adapter for usb 2.0 to Firewire or thunderbolt

I have an iMac with USB 2.0 Firewire 800 and Thunderbolt.
    I bought a Seagate External Drive with USB 3.0. On the BOX of the Hard Drive it says can upgrade speed transfer by connecting an adapter for firewire or thunderbolt (not included).
    I was told there was an adapter that I can purchase to insert on to the end of the USB 2.0 cable of the hard drive so that I can plug it into my firewire slot or thunderbolt slot. I hope this makes sense as my google search comes up saying it's impossible to do. Why offer this on the box if there is no such adapter?
    It's currently plugged into my USB 2.0 slot but would like faster transfer speed as I access this drive continuosly.

Awesome, ok now we're getting somewhere.... the link you provided shows what I actually have right now. As far as the connection of the USB 3.0. I think what I need is the a base for a Firewire cable or Thunderbolt and NOT for a USB 3.0. I wonder if they have those types of bases to swap out on the external drive?
    I'll have a look at my Hard Drive and check it out. Perhaps I read the box wrong too because it shows pictures of cables... not bases for the EHD
    Also not sure if they will ship this to an Australian address as I live in Australia.

• Common power adapter for Macbook Air and Macbook Pro?

I have both a Macbook Air and a Macbook Pro at home, and it would be really nice to have one magsafe adapter by the couch rather than two...
    I have actually tried the Air 45w adapter on my Pro and it works fine as long as the Pro is not fully discharged. If the Pro is unable to start up on battery, it's also unable to start up on the 45w AC. But otherwise it seems fine.
    In the reverse direction, normally I use the 85w Pro adapter for both the Pro and the Air. That also works fine; the drawback there is that, since the Air receptacle is mounted at an angle, and the magsafe connector on the Pro adapter is straight-ahead, I have to put the Air on a pillow and even so the connector comes out frequently.
    The obvious solution would be an 85W adapter with an Air-style right-angle connector. I find the angled connector is not a problem at all on the Pro.
    A few questions therefore:
    1) Am I doing any damage, in either direction, using the 45W adapter on Pro or using 85W on Air? My guess is that the adapter and the system are smart enough that it's not a problem. Put another way, I suspect the designers accounted for the possibility that idiots like me would plug one computer's adapter into a different model, and they made sure it was not harmful. But that's speculation on my part. Anyone got any real information?
    2) I have done the obvious web search and can't find an 85w with a right-angle magsafe connector. Am I missing something obvious?
    3) My next step is to snip both cords and splice an Air connector onto a Pro adapter. I'm not super handy so it will probably be kind of an ugly job. Anyone got any suggestions on the cleanest way to do this?

Hi Ottosmo!
    Welcome to Apple Discussions.
    1) While it's certainly recommended to use the appropriate wattage on the charger, I too have often found myself using a MacBook Pro (85w) and MacBook (60w) with my MacBook Air. I've yet to encounter an issue in the almost 10 months I've been using my Air. The wattage on the power adapter, to my knowledge, is an indication to the amount of potential power that the charger can deliver to the unit. I know I've read various "blogs and forums" indicating that the power adapter is smart enough to 'scale' back power appropriately.
    Now with that being said... should something happen, for whatever the reason, with you using the non-supplied adapter then you'd be taking matters into your own hands. (take that as my own little disclaimer)
    2) Correct, the 85w adapter does not come with the right angle adapter. The adapter on the 24" LED Cinema Display does have a right angle adapter that supports up to 85w. But I realize that's not what you asked.
    3) Regarding "modifying" the cabling. I'd strongly recommend against it, especially if you don't feel comfortable with splicing and then insulating. Too much room for chance and potential problem/failure. If someone else wants to instruct you on how to do this, that'll be their prerogative.
    I ended up purchasing an iLap 13" for using my MacBook Air. It's been fantastic and I have it set off to the side just enough to allow plenty of room for a MacBook or MacBook Pro adapter. Not to mention it allows me to easily use the Air in my lap without any ventilation issues.

• Anyone successfully deployed BPEL + JMS Adapter (for MQ) to WebSphere?

Anyone successfully deployed BPEL Process Manager + JMS Adapter (for MQ) to WebSphere (i.e not OAS/OC4J)?
    If you have - I would love to see a valid example of the ra.xml and oc4j-ra.xml files in your jca/JmsAdapter.rar file - to see how you configured access for the JMS Adapter to your remote MQ queues.
    Thank you
    Dennis

Hi Garima,
    Please check the following:
    1. Add dhbcore.jar also to aii_af_jmsproviderlib.sda and deploy it.
    2. Check the existence of your JMS drivers.
    3. Check the following link and Install the drivers as the way it is mentioned in the guide 'How To Install And Configure External Drivers For JDBC & JMS'
    https://websmp204.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01200252310000071155&_SCENARIO=01100035870000000202
    There are 4 files which needs to be added. http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/cd/d85a9d6fab7d4dbb7ae421f710626c/frameset.htm
    Any of the above solutions should help you solve the problem.
    Regards,
    Abhy

Maybe you are looking for