Faulty sound controller on Inspire T3030

Hi,
I've owned a pair of T3030 speakers for some years now. I had sometimes experienced problems with the sound level, which were usually solved by messing around with the sound controller cable. Now they won't work anymore unless I keep manually putting pressure against the volume controller connector to the subwoofer, which is obviously rather inconvenient.
Is there any way I can get a replacement for my volume controller in Spain?
Thanks.

Since I'm not around to physically troubleshoot the whole thing I can't really say for sure which is the exact component that's faulty so it will better to RMA the whole unit rather than just the wired remote. Of course, if you think it is less of a hassle to just RMA the weird remote and try, you're free to do so. In any case, Customer Support should be able to advise you further. If possible, exchanging from the vendor you purchase it from should be faster.
Jason
Message Edited by Jason-CL on 09-25-2006 06:06 PM

Similar Messages

• Inspire T3030 - No sound, but headphone connection working

Hello,
    as the Creative Support is unwilling to help me (and even worse sends eMails with wrong links to this forum...), i have to try to find an answer here.
    Following problem:
    Inspire T3030 is not working anymore - the subwoofer and both speakers remain silent on various devices, but i can always use the audio-signal if i plug headphones into the remote control of the T3030; I can use the remote control to alter the volume, the green status light on the remote control is always on
    I could imagine one speaker having died, but both and the subwoofer at exactly the same time, sounds not very likely - maybe i'm missing something there

Sorry, may i know how to reinstall the driver? and i found the only forum for Toshiba was this, so can you try to teach me about it? Even i pluging in and out, it still the same, just wondering is there a missing of softwareor what.
    Since, before i format my notebook and changed a new speaker, the headphone is working well, but after that it cant work anymore.
    Please help, it will be greatly appreciate.
    Thanks. 

• I have just upgraded to the latest version of OSX as invited by Apple. Since then iTunes will not play and my volume controls have stopped working - in Preferences the sound controller is not able to find any input or output devices. What is going on?

I have just upgraded to the latest version of OSX as invited by Apple. Since then iTunes will not play and my volume controls have stopped working - in Preferences the sound controller is not able to find any input or output devices. What is going on?

Please read this whole message before doing anything.
    This procedure is a diagnostic test. It’s unlikely to solve your problem. Don’t be disappointed when you find that nothing has changed after you complete it.
    The purpose of the test is to determine whether the problem is caused by third-party software that loads automatically at startup or login, or by a peripheral device. 
    Disconnect all wired peripherals except those needed for the test, and remove all aftermarket expansion cards. Boot in safe mode* and log in to the account with the problem. The instructions provided by Apple are as follows:
    Shut down your computer, wait 30 seconds, and then hold down the shift key while pressing the power button.
    When you see the gray Apple logo, release the shift key.
    If you are prompted to log in, type your password, and then hold down the shift key again as you click  Log in.
    *Note: If FileVault is enabled under OS X 10.7 or later, or if a firmware password is set, or if the boot volume is a software RAID, you can’t boot in safe mode. Safe mode is much slower to boot and run than normal, and some things won’t work at all, including wireless networking on certain Macs. The next normal boot may also be somewhat slow.
    The login screen appears even if you usually log in automatically. You must know your login password in order to log in. If you’ve forgotten the password, you will need to reset it before you begin. 
    There will be no audio output in safe mode. The question to be answered by the test is whether any devices are listed in the Sound preference pane. After testing, reboot as usual (i.e., not in safe mode) and verify that you still have the problem. Post the results of the test.

• Multiple Sound Controller

Hi all,
    I am creating an application in flex, which has multiple
    objects - video, audio stream, video stream etc...
    I want to have a main volume control for all and each single
    volume control for each object.
    all are like windows sound controller has.
    Can any one help me in this.

Hi
    It sounds like you need to make an EXS24 instrument (use the Edit button in the EXS24 GUI).
    CCT

• Hot to make Sound controller work on Iphone 3G?

Hi there, i bought the iphone 3GS headphones to use on my iphone 3G, but i discovered that the sound controller don't work on iphone 3G, just the play/pause, forward, rewind funtion works. Is there any way to fix this? is this a software or hardware problem?

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3310

• Broken volume controller for inspire 5200

My volume controller for my inspire 5200 (http://www.creative.com/products/product.asp?category=4&subcategory=25&product=55&n av=) is broken, (it only plays music on the right side, left side is extremely low) how would I replace it, I looked on the website for the closest thing were these http://us.creative.com/products/product.asp?category=4&subcategory=30&product=9858 but it said that it was not compatible with my brand. How Would I buy a replacement?

hi,i too faced the same problem.my speaker's vol controller was broken too.i contacted the creative labs they told me that replacement is the only solution.so i had it replaced, now its working fine.

• My apps don't hear FireWire sound from Presonus Inspire 1394

Dear Folks,
    OK, the saga continues. Bought a Presonus Inspire 1394 A-D -> Firewire unit for digitizing my vinyl. Got it hooked up to my stereo and my MacBook Pro fine. Directed Audio MIDI setup to make this the default input and output device. Ditto with MacOS's Sound control panel. Set the sample rate to 48kHz, 24 bit. Unit plays just fine, VU meters in the Inspire control panel look good, output through my speakers sounds good.
    MacOS Sound control panel says I've got input-- nice signal on the VU meter. But I can't get audio in any app I try. Audacity, CuBase, GarageBand, all silent. OK, I've got insignificant experience with the last two, I'm the first to admit it. But I can follow instructions, and I had Audacity configured to work previously. But when I tell it to use the Inspire for I/O, there's nothing on the monitors, the VU meters, or in a recording. Just dead air.
    So, what have I got set wrong?
    pax / Ctein

Dear Po,
    Basic questions are OK. I figured this has to be one of those "is it plugged in?" stumbling blocks.
    And you got me to the right plug!
    I checked the track info panel, and it's set to Inspire input channels 1 & 2 (front panel mike/instrument inputs), instead of 3 and 4 (back panel phono/line inputs)!
    I changed it to channels 3 & 4 and it records just fine.
    (Now I gotta figure out how to make those the input channels in my other apps... but at least I know the problem fix.)
    Thanks! And g'night.
    pax / Ctein

• HELP! K8N NEO4 SLI - SOUND PROBLEMS WITH INSPIRE 7.1

People, i bought K8N NEO4 SLI, and i'm having problems with my Creative Inspire 7.1. I have certain that everything is connected in a correct way, drivers ok, but the side surround speakers doen't make no noise. Creative media is set to 7.1 channels and the speakers too...
    I'm thinking that the onboard audio is a bul....
    Can someone help me with this? Who here has the same kit as me?
    Thanks a lot
    Edinho
    (brazilian guy)

Man, i'm using those standart cables offered with the product....i thing its analog, i don't know certain...
      i'm very  about this onboard sound...
    and the worst thing, i'vc contacted creative for explanation about it and they answer me that they could'nt help, cause it's a OEM product...no response about it, have to contact MSI..
    here in brazil, it's real difficult, cause anoyone cares about it...
    i have absolut certain that software and hardware configuration/instalation is ok...cause i had those speakers in other PC...
    i've already head tons of audio-problem topics here, and i say: K8N N4 SLI Integrated Sound is a bul...

• No sound from rears with 4 chanel onboard sound card (soltek) (inspire 5+1)

hi i think nothing more to write
    i have an inspire 5200 5+ system instructions says use black and green cables for the 1st and 2nd speaker outs of your card. mine is onboard 4 chanel (soltek main board) so i did what ins says. center ok left ok right ok but not rears. i have no sound other than the h?sssss sound . i controled rear speakers by replacing with fronts they worked. DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEA ?

hi i think nothing more to write
    i have an inspire 5200 5+ system instructions says use black and green cables for the 1st and 2nd speaker outs of your card. mine is onboard 4 chanel (soltek main board) so i did what ins says. center ok left ok right ok but not rears. i have no sound other than the h?sssss sound . i controled rear speakers by replacing with fronts they worked. DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEA ?

• Can someone tell me what's the different between Inspire T3030 and T3100? Which is better?

Hi, I am considering to buy T3030 and T3100, which one is better if they are at the same price?
    Are they better than x230 by logitech?
    Thanks
    Message Edited by ahtze on 04-14-2007 08:08 PM

is there any advantage for the purchased one ??
    Other than the fact that it's the ethical thing to do, that using any copy for which you have not obtained a legal license is a criminal copyright violation in almost very country in the world, and that legally purchasing your copy is the only way in which you would get any support from Apple? I would consider those all "advantages", myself.
    Regards.

• Inspire T3030 Speakers - what are the power adapter specs (need replacement)

Hi, My grandparents were given a set of T3030 speakers as a gift last year, but now have somehow managed to misplace the power supply. Creative doesn't have a downloadable manual for this product. Could someone please give me the adapter's specs so I could by an replacement?Thanks in advance!

Thanks! Couldn't find the manual on the US site. Hope the power adapter specs (2v 2.9a) are accurate for us Yankees.

• Faulty sound from one speaker due to jack plug on unit

Hi
    I realize that my system is prehistoric (Cambridge Desk Top Theatre 5.1 DTT2200) but it works fine EXCEPT for one problem - the centre speaker doesn't have any sound
    I have checked the integrity of both the speaker itself and the cable by swapping around so it must be down to the jack plug on the back of the unit
    Any suggestions?
    Would it be worth taking the bass unit apart and seeing if there is a loose connection or something? Or would I risk destroying the unit completely?!
    Although the system is old, I imagine that the problem would be relevant to later systems too
    Many thanks
    bobbycow

You probably already checked in system preferences (lightswitch with apple on it) that on the output tab under sound the balance is set to the middle? I've seen where this has, for no apparent reason, moved to one extreme. If that's not the issue, you can try resetting the PRAM: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1379

• Audio on Compaq desktop has suddenly gone bad - sounds like excessive echo - faulty sound board?

HP Compaq  Model G3-335 running on Windows 7  64-bit. Problem not in speakers which I tested on another computer where they worked fine.

frrw wrote:
    Hello Zoot13:
    Can you please provide the country you purchased this computer from. Thank you. it will make things much simpler to find. frrw.
    Hello Phd student:
    I bought the computer here in France from Darty which is a reputable chain.  (I now live here in France but prefer to communicate in English since I am British)   Hope you can help.  If it is the soundcard at fault, I have a Soundblaster  in an ols computer but I'm not sure it is compatible with the Compaq.  I am using Windows 7 by the way. What do you think?

• Inspire t3030 just stopped working...

the little volume control thing doesnt light up anymore. i checked if everything is plugged in and it is. does anybody know what the **bleep** could have happened.

KokChoy-CL wrote:
    Hi Davis,
    If the speakers system is still in warranty, I would recommend getting in touch with support for repair/replacement.
    If not, you must trash it because Creative don't bring support, tech service, repair or maintenance to any equip out of warrantee period.

• Windows XP Sound Blaster Audigy FX Support

How do I get my Sound Blaster Audigy FX to work with Windows XP. First it doesn't find the device. Then the cd that came with it says it needs Windows Vista to work. Please Help!

joyalton wrote:
    I have a new Emachine T3508 512MB with Windows XP (I plan to add a second 512MB). I also plan to purchase/upgrade with the Sound Blaster Audigy SE sound card. Is the Creative Inspire T3030 2.1 Speaker System compatible with my T3508 & the Sound Blaster? I think it should be but I wanted to hear it from someone who knows more than I do. Thanks guys.
    To be honest, this is a pointless post. You're going to have to check your machine to see if there's an additional PCI slot that can take on the audigy SE. If so, then you already know your inspire t3030 can be used. Even the onboard sound with your motherboard should be able to take it on (assuming your emachines PC has onboard sound). I hate buying emachines, HP, and Compaq PCs they lack expandability.

Maybe you are looking for