Freezing and flickering of the screen on a T41

Hello
I bought a used T41 about a year ago, and changed its hard drive from a standard 40 gb to a 120 gb one (dual boot WinXP/Ubuntu, did not use the recovery console to reinstall windows, rather used my own copy and downloaded the drivers from the Lenovo website). The computer worked fine up until a month ago, when, in the midlle of browsing, the display on the screen started to "shake" (kind of hard to describe, but was it was like a shearing and some fuzziness). I turned it off and turn on again and the computer would either not boot, or would boot normally and would show the same symptoms as above randomly (smtimes after 5 min, sometimes after 2 hrs). This was the case when the computer was plugged in (with or without the battery attached) or just on battery powe. I am startin to think that it might be a problem with the display adapter, which i think means i would have to replace the whole mobo. I am just posting here to see if anybody has any suggestions either via knowlegde or prior experience.
Thankx in advance

oh, and i forgot to mention the most imprtant part. When the display was "shearing", there was no response from the computer (mouse cursor not moving, could not type), which seems to suggest that is not just the screen ( i have had it connested to an external monitor as well and had no luck either

Similar Messages

• Qosmio G40-127 - Graphic Card freezez and turn of the screen

Hi there.
    I have a Toshiba Qosmio G40-127 and I have an problem with the graphic card, it freezez and turn of the screen for 1-2 seconds sometimes when I play World of warcraft,
    why is it like this and is there any updates for my graphic driver?

If you use Google you can find many links to different forums about WOW and Vista. Obviously you are not alone with this problem. I recommend you to visit http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/index.html?sid=1

• Tired of apps freezing and banging on the screen like a gorilla trying to get a response

When will there be an update that actually improves the ios so that you can actually hit a link in safari without zooming in and so that the email quits freezing and has to be swiped away and restarted to work or when that won't even work and the device must be hard reset. It is so frustrating. It is the same with the home button; half the time it double clicks when I click once and often it doesn't work at all. I have been so loyal because Apple products used to just work and now they just don't seem to be any more stable than all of the other me too products. I promised my wife that I would buy us apple watches when they come out but now the price is so much higher than expected and if they operate like my other devices I am worried that it will be a wast of thousands of dollars. I know this is a rant but product support wants $35 to even chat about my problems and I am just about done with this crap. By the way my family has three iPods and two phones between us and the problems are on all of them. I know apple wants profits but test some of this stuff or actually provide updates that resolve problems not just put a watch app on the phone to suck up even more memory. Worst of all I will probably buy the **** watches anyhow. The good part is that if they are crappy I know I won't get over it and that will save me some money long term. No sense paying a premium for a dud.

I have hard reset my device (many times out of need), synced the device a few times, removed apps and media to reduce burden on memory, cleared running aps, and yes I have restored though I did this on my phone which was having similar issues and it helped a little. These are the same issues as my wife and daughter have with thier iPads also. I understand things go wrong with software and that no matter what bugs can be present but it used to be minimal with apple and they used to be rectified quickly. My question is really for apple and perhaps it should be more clear: HAVE THEY LOST THIER WAY ON QUALITY CONTROL. Are apple devices the same as the rest now and not worth the premium. It was easy to be a raving fan when the products just worked. I accepted that thre were limitations such as no flash and no USB because those items caused bugs and eliminating them made the product more stable. My devices are not more stable than others any more and I wonder if the issues are just part of apple products now or if there is a solution. I just asked four people about the issues with te home button and everyone had them. No one had the finger print scanner though. Is that change the ssue? My devices freeze all the time and it is getting old. I am convinced it is not my fault in any event.

• I have an iPhone 5 and recently when I try to copy and paste the app freezes and returns to the home screen please help.

When I try to copy paste my app freezes and returns to the home screen please help.

Try resetting ...
    Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button together for at least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.
    If that didn't help, tap Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings
    Then restart your iPhone.

• My phone keeps freezing and I have the 5s and now it won't turn on but I can talk to sir

My phone keeps freezing and I have the 5s and now it won't turn on but I can talk to sir

If you can talk to Siri, but the screen is not turning on, try the 2 button reset.  Press and hold the Sleep/Wake (Power) Button and the Home Button at the same time for at least 10 seconds. http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1430
    If that doesn't make you screen come back on, you can try restoring your iPhone. http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1414
    iPhone hardware troubleshooting - http://support.apple.com/kb/ts2802
    Display has no backlight or dark screen
    Toggle the ringer switch to see if the unit vibrates. If it does, it could be that iPhone is getting power, but is not displaying any image.
    Try turning iPhone off and then on again.
    While connected to the iPhone charger, try to reset the iPhone.
    If the low-battery screen appears, charge the iPhone.
    My issue is still not resolved. What do I do next?
    Contact Apple Support. https://support.apple.com/kb/HE57 or https://selfsolve.apple.com

• How can you watch itunes purchased movies on apple tv. A click on to movies then into purchase thn a click on a movie i want to watch then my apple tv box light starts going on and off plus the screen is blank

How can you watch itunes purchased movies on apple tv. A click on to movies then into purchase thn a click on a movie i want to watch then my apple tv box light starts going on and off plus the screen is blank

JasonFromSK wrote:
    With the newest Airport firmware (7.6.1), it seems I should be able to do this.
    Really? I need to check that out!
    You should certainly be able to add content by reference to itunes from such a disk (even before the update) - so long as itunes knows the location of the file (set Preferences not to copy to local library when adding the media) it will stream it to AppleTV if the disk is available.
    I hope you're right, but I'd be surprised if current Extremes can be upgarded to provide a full Home Sharing service - marvellous if they can but I'd be surprised as i've long said we need an Apple media server either based on TC or AE to do this kind of thing.
    AC

• I was updated my Iphone 4s from computer(ITunes).ITunes get error and update failed.(When Iphone is preparing.).And now ı can't use my IPhone.At the screen there is a USB cable and up of the screen there is ITunes' logo.PLEASE HELP!

I was updated my Iphone 4s from computer(ITunes).ITunes get error and update failed.(When Iphone is preparing.).And now ı can't use my IPhone.At the screen there is a USB cable and up of the screen there is ITunes' logo.PLEASE HELP!

Read what i say. Put iPhone in DFU mode. Connect with USB cable and restore.
    Read:
    http://www.apple.com/support/iphone/assistant/restore/

• HT201210 While downloading iOs7 my iPhone 4 is stuck asking to be connected to iTunes.  When I connect to my computer, the error message on my computer says that the phone is in recovery mode.  I can turn it off and on, but the screen on the phone stays t

While downloading iOs7 on my iPhone 4 stopped with a screen indicating it needed to connect with iTunes.  I can turn the phone off and on, but the screen with the iTunes and plug does not change.  I tried connecting to my computer with iTunes open and the computer message indicated that the phone was in recovery mode.  Any suggestions? 

Yes. Plug it into your computer and restore it. Once it's in recovery mode, that's your only option.

• Problem in the code while fetching records and displaying in the screen

Hi,
       I have developed a screen which is having various fields, all the records are stored in a ztable,when i enter the records into various i/o fields and press submit pushbutton they are stored in the table now, what i wont is when i enter one record the (primary one) and press enter the corresponding records of that record should be shown in the i/o fields means they should be fetched back from the d/b table and displayed on the screen. For this i Have written a code please see it once.
    TABLES : ZFISALDT.
    DATA ITAB LIKE ZFISALDT OCCURS 0 WITH HEADER LINE.
    ZFISALDT-BILLINGDOCU = ITAB-BILLINGDOCU.
    ZFISALDT-SALESDOCU = ITAB-SALESDOCU.
    ZFISALDT-FORM402 = ITAB-FORM402.
    ZFISALDT-SALESTAXFORM = ITAB-SALESTAXFORM.
    ZFISALDT-FREIGHTDOCNO = ITAB-FREIGHTDOCNO.
    ZFISALDT-FPARTYNAME = ITAB-FPARTYNAME.
    *&      Module  STATUS_5555  OUTPUT
          text
    MODULE STATUS_5555 OUTPUT.
      SET PF-STATUS 'SALALL'.
      SET TITLEBAR 'SAL'.
    ENDMODULE.                 " STATUS_5555  OUTPUT
    *&      Module  USER_COMMAND_5555  INPUT
          text
    MODULE USER_COMMAND_5555 INPUT.
    CASE SY-UCOMM.
    WHEN 'BACK'.
    LEAVE TO SCREEN 0.
    WHEN 'SUB'.
    IF ZFISALDT-BILLINGDOCU = ' '
    OR ZFISALDT-SALESDOCU = ' '.
    MESSAGE 'PLEASE FIRST SUBMIT THE BILLING DOCUMENT NO AND SALES DOCUMENT NO' TYPE 'E'.
    ENDIF.
    ZFISALDT-BILLINGDOCU = ZFISALDT-BILLINGDOCU.
    ZFISALDT-SALESDOCU = ZFISALDT-SALESDOCU.
    ZFISALDT-FORM402 = ZFISALDT-FORM402.
    ZFISALDT-SALESTAXFORM = ZFISALDT-SALESTAXFORM.
    *ZFISALDT-FREIGHTDOCNO = ZFISALDT-FREIGHTDOCNO.
    *ZFISALDT-FPARTYNAME = ZFISALDT-FPARTYNAME.
    *SUBMIT ITAB.
    WHEN ' '.   (THIS THE PART OF CODE WHICH IS NOT WORKING)
    SELECT * FROM ZFISALDT INTO corresponding fields of TABLE ITAB WHERE BILLINGDOCU = ZFISALDT-BILLINGDOCU.
    ITAB-BILLINGDOCU = ZFISALDT-BILLINGDOCU.
    ITAB-SALESDOCU = ZFISALDT-SALESDOCU.
    ITAB-FORM402 = ZFISALDT-FORM402.
    *ZFISALDT-BILLINGDOCU = ITAB-BILLINGDOCU.
    *ZFISALDT-BILLINGDOCU = ITAB-BILLINGDOCU.
    *ZFISALDT-SALESDOCU = ITAB-SALESDOCU.
    *ZFISALDT-FORM402 = ITAB-FORM402.
    *ZFISALDT-SALESTAXFORM = ITAB-SALESTAXFORM.
    append ITAB.                                                      (ALSO USED INSERT BUT NOT WORKING)
    WHEN 'ENTER'.
    IF ZFISALDT-BILLINGDOCU = ' '
    OR ZFISALDT-SALESDOCU = ' '.
    MESSAGE 'PLEASE FIRST SUBMIT THE BILLING DOCUMENT NO AND SALES DOCUMENT NO' TYPE 'E'.
    ENDIF.
    ZFISALDT-FREIGHTDOCNO = ZFISALDT-FREIGHTDOCNO.
    ZFISALDT-FPARTYNAME = ZFISALDT-FPARTYNAME.
    ZFISALDT-FREIGHTBILLNO = ZFISALDT-FREIGHTBILLNO.
    ZFISALDT-FREIGHTDATE = ZFISALDT-FREIGHTDATE.
    ZFISALDT-TRUCKNO = ZFISALDT-TRUCKNO.
    ZFISALDT-FREIGHTAMOUNT = ZFISALDT-FREIGHTAMOUNT.
    ZFISALDT-COMNAGBILL = ZFISALDT-COMNAGBILL.
    ZFISALDT-AGENTNAME = ZFISALDT-AGENTNAME.
    ZFISALDT-CAGDATE = ZFISALDT-CAGDATE.
    ZFISALDT-CMNAGAMOUNT = ZFISALDT-CMNAGAMOUNT.
    ZFISALDT-SHIPMENTNAME = ZFISALDT-SHIPMENTNAME.
    ZFISALDT-SHIPDOCUNO = ZFISALDT-SHIPDOCUNO.
    ZFISALDT-SHIPBILLNO = ZFISALDT-SHIPBILLNO.
    ZFISALDT-SHIPBILLDATE = ZFISALDT-SHIPBILLDATE.
    ZFISALDT-BLNOGOV = ZFISALDT-BLNOGOV.
    ZFISALDT-CHAAGENTNAME = ZFISALDT-CHAAGENTNAME.
    ZFISALDT-CHABILL = ZFISALDT-CHABILL.
    ZFISALDT-CHADATE = ZFISALDT-CHADATE.
    ZFISALDT-CHAAMOUNT = ZFISALDT-CHAAMOUNT.
    ZFISALDT-B_L_NO = ZFISALDT-B_L_NO.
    ZFISALDT-B_L_NODATE = ZFISALDT-B_L_NODATE.
    ZFISALDT-DEPBLICNO = ZFISALDT-DEPBLICNO.
    ZFISALDT-LICENCE_DATE = ZFISALDT-LICENCE_DATE.
    ZFISALDT-FOC_VALUE = ZFISALDT-FOC_VALUE.
    ZFISALDT-DEPB_VALUE = ZFISALDT-DEPB_VALUE.
    INSERT ZFISALDT.
    CLEAR ZFISALDT.
    ENDCASE.
    ENDMODULE.                 " USER_COMMAND_5555  INPUT
    This is the code please check it once.
    Thanks in advance.

Hi Sumeet.
    WHEN ' '.  " (THIS THE PART OF CODE WHICH IS NOT WORKING)
    SELECT * FROM ZFISALDT INTO corresponding fields of TABLE ITAB WHERE BILLINGDOCU = ZFISALDT-BILLINGDOCU.     
    " here in where condition u r checking with ZFISALDT-BILLINGDOCU, i guess there is no value in that, Once check in debugging mode and proceed further.
    Regards,
    Aby

• When trying to launch iTunes it freezes and I get the message: "Authentication Required. To access this site you need to log in to area "100656 on mellor.co. Your password will be sent in the clear." I am unable to enter a uname or password. Please help!!

When trying to launch iTunes on my PC running Windows 7 it freezes and I get the message: "Authentication Required. To access this site you need to log in to area "100656 on mellor.co. Your password will be sent in the clear." Because iTunes is frizen at this point I am unable to enter a username or password, or in fact do anything. Please help!! I have uninstalled and reinstalled iTunes numerous times as well as attempting all of the fixes that I could find on-line and still no joy.

That sounds extremely phishy to me... iTunes does not require authentication simply to launch it. I suspect you've got something nasty intercepting network traffic. That server may be set up to log the Apple ID that you enter so it can be used fraudulently. Try ComboFix from Bleeping Computer.
    FWIW the domain mellor.co is registered to an accountants in Knutsford, Cheshire, UK, and produces the same authentication request if visited with a browser. There is no sign of a "real" publicly visible website at that domain which is a somewhat odd.
    tt2

• Shortly after launching into itunes, it freezes and I get the following message: A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available. How do I resolve this issue?

Shortly after launching itunes, the program freezes and gives me the following message:A problem has caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available. The program then closes, even if I have not completed what I am doing. How do I resolve this problem?

That is what I thought. Cannot figure out how to turn it off, though.
    However, when I talked to her over the phone, she is definitely using Firefox. I tried to access her Internet Explorer, but it has been deactivated, I believe by Firefox.
    She primarily uses the Internet to communicate with her kids, grandkids, and great grandkids. Her e-mail account is with Yahoo Mail, and she uses Firefox to access it. Occasionally, she uses the web to look up information, and may have downloaded a virus.
    Do you think there's something in Yahoo Mail that conflicts with Firefox? Is there some remnant of Internet Explorer that needs to be deactivated? Could she have a virus?
    Any information would be gratefully appreciated. I live 7 hours away, and can only help her over the phone. I'm trying to develop a course of action that I can use with her. I know a little bit about Firefox, so need your expertise.

• Dear Sirs,when i use the computer updating my iphone to ios 7.1,suddenly black out.The computer has no power and my iphone does not work and keep display the screen that connect to itunes. so when i connect my iphone to iTunes, it says"itunes has detected

Dear Sirs,when i use the computer updating my iphone to ios 7.1,suddenly black out.The computer has no power and my iphone does not work and keep display the screen saying the iphone need to connect to itunes. So when i connect my iphone to iTunes, the computer says"itunes has detected an iphone in recovery mode. you must restore this iphone before it can be used with itunes"
    So my question is if I click OK(restore the iphone),will i lose all my data and whatsapp??
    Thank you for your help and time.
    Regards,
    hopeless

If you didn't back up the phone to iCloud or iTunes (on your computer) BEFORE attempting the update, the data will be lost.

• Can we change the look and feel of the screen layout

Dear All,
    I am new to ABAP WebDynpro, and would like to know the following with respect to ABAP WebDynpro :
    1. To what extent can we change the look and feel of the screen layout ?
    2. Is it possible to change the background color of the layout?
    3. Is it possible to change the color of, Buttons etc ?
    Any information / document/ link to explain this would be very helpful ..
    Thanks in advance,
    Aditi

Hi,
    Psl check out these links.
    check out these webdynpro standard components in SE80 tcode -
    WDR_TEST_UI_ELEMENTS
    check out this link on webdynpro for ABAP-
    http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/03/0048413e466e24e10000000a155106/frameset.htm-WD for ABAP
    http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/46/9319f88f8115ebe10000000a114a6b/frameset.htm -UI elements
    http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/46/9319f88f8115ebe10000000a114a6b/frameset.htm-Button Properties
    http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/46/9319f88f8115ebe10000000a114a6b/frameset.htm- For different Layouts
    Regards
    Lekha

• When I turn on my Macbook Pro and sign in, the screen is blank, none of the icons appear, I can't click, open or do anything! Help!

When I turn on my Macbook Pro and sign in, the screen is blank, none of the icons appear, I can't click, open or do anything! Help!

You could try this; Mac OS X: Starting up in Safe Mode.It takes awhile to come up so patience is a virtue here.
    And here is What is Safe Mode.
    DALE

• I have a MacBook Air, it automatically minimises and switches from the screen I am in for some reason ?

I have a MacBook Air, it automatically minimises and switches from the screen I am in for some reason ?

This problem is often caused by "Google Drive." If it's installed, I suggest you first check for an update. If that doesn't solve the problem, remove it according to the developer's instructions. You may need to boot in safe mode to do so. Back up all data before making any changes.
    If you use Google Drive and don't want to remove it, then try deselecting the option in its preferences to "show status icons." According to reports, that may be enough to stop the Finder from crashing.

Maybe you are looking for

• My fx5600 vtdr does not exists!

ok, I have installed the Media Center, and it does not work (script error, see my first post on this forum), I have installed wdm drivers 2.03 to enable video in, and my sb live! 5.1 can't play any dvd in othr way that stereo (see my second post on t

• Report displaying List of Document number whoose MIRO never done

hi all, i have to make a report which will display those document number whose  Invoice verification(MIRO) never done but it processed MIGO. so can anyone please tell me the logic or tell me from which table and on which condition can i get the respe

• How do I NOT take ownership of comments made by others?

In shared, online reviews that I initiate (Send for Shared Review), I sometimes unknowingly take ownership of others' comments- this is not desired for me (as initiator, or for any participants making their own comments).  Sometimes I take over every

• HT201317 Where my photo in icloud

I Wand to back up  my photophoto

• Flash installing issue.

I have a new MacBook Pro.  When attempting to install the Adobe Flash, I keep getting an error message to close Safari when Safari is closed.  Anyone know how to fix this?