Full Backup of PC Running Virtual Windows XP Under 64-bit Windows 7 Pro on a T410

I have a QuadCore (Intel i7) T410 with a 320GB HDD running 64-bit W7Pro.  Under that environment I am running a separate Virtual Windows XP system.  The T410 hardware and Virtual PC system allows me to see the primary C: drive of the T410 from either the W7 or XP environment, and the Virtual PC implementation is essentially based on the existence of 3 very large disk files on the primary drive which contain the entire Virtual PC image.
I want to back up my HDD in such a way that I can use the restore function to re-install both the W7 system image and all of its programs and files, and the Virtual PC system image as well.  What is the best way to do this.?? 
(PS -- ignore the old system config associated with my profile -- I will update as soon as I finish this post...)
T410 2522-K4U QuadCore Intel i7 Processor 8GB RAM 320GB SATA HDD
64-bit Windows7 Pro, with Windows Virtual XP (as included under W7 license)
D-Link 655 Wireless Network WEP encryption MAC Filtering
-- Both 802.11b and g adapters on various network components

Hi
Lenovo backup utility will not backup virtual Operating System, you may need to look for some third party software.
Best Regards,
Tanuj
Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution".! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.
Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Similar Messages

• Acrobat XI can't show thumbnails under 64 bits windows 7

The same issue continue with previous version. I can't see the thumbnails with windows explorer under 64 bit Win7. Any help?

We are aware of this issue and a bug has been logged. There is no ETA at this time for when this may be resolved.
    We're sorry for the inconvenience.
    Tomoko Taki

• Can I run lightroom 3 off a 32 bit windows xp?

If so how???, im having problems with it being very slow, any help greatly appreciated
    Andrea

IMO the specs of your PC are very much on the low side for LR3:
    your AMD Sempron 1.6GHz is a single-core CPU which AMD advertises as 'Affordable performance for everyday computing' - sorry but LR3 is not everyday computing. You would definitely benefit from a faster, multi-core CPU.
    2GB RAM - that's the minimum system requirement for LR3 (only for the application), add to that the RAM the OS uses and you will end up with at least 3GB. The OS will start to swap when it runs out of physical memory - and with your total 2GB of RAM that will start to happen quite soon when you use LR3.
    ..but I need it for my work,so what can I do????!!!!
    if you need LR3 professionaly then I'm sorry to say but you will need a faster PC...I would go for a 64-bit Windows 7-PC with dual- or quad-core CPU and 6GB RAM

• Issues in running flash player activeX on 64 bit windows 2008 R2 server

When the activeX acts up, users can not type anything into search boxes or use the keyboards in online game sites. From time to time, we have to re-install flash player again.
    We noticed that the FlashUtil64 activeX dll is somehow saved in c:\windows\system32\Macromed\Flash folder while the FlashUtil32 activeX dll is in c:\windows\syswow64\Macromed\Flash folder, is this normal? And when running 32 IE, the flashutil64 shown in the windows running process.
    We installed flash player with 32 bit IE 10 on a 64 bit windows 2008 R2 server.
    Thanks.

It seems you have used 32bit installers on 64bit machine. Please refer -
    http://anuj-dwivedi.blogspot.com/2010/10/installing-oracle-soa-and-bpm-111130.html
    Regards,
    Anuj

• Time machine does a full backup every time I reconnect my portable drive to my macbook pro

How do I stop time machine from doing a full backup every time I disconnect & reconnect my backup portable drive to my macbook pro. It doesn't recognize the old backups.

Hi Steve,
    http://pondini.org/TM/12.html
    https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3687285?start=0&tstart=0
    http://pondini.org/TM/Troubleshooting.html

• New window opens under already open window

when i have firefox open with mail or anything else. when i open a link it opens under the previous window. necessary for me to minimize old window to see it ? thanks for the help

A possible cause is a plugin-container process (Flash) that run in the main window.
    See this recent thread about this issue:
    *[[/questions/973783]]

• 2.45 gb usable out of 4 gb (after migrating from 32 bit windows 7 to 64 bit windows 7)

i am using windows 7 64 bit. it shows 2.45gb usable out of 4 gb . it was working fine untill i installed 32 bit windows 7 from then onwards it has started to show 2.45 gb usable out of 4gb. i formatted the disk and migrated to 64 bit but the problem
    has not solved it again shows 2.45gb usable out of 4 gb.please help

HI
    Ensure that your Graphic Card is not sharing the memory with RAM, It could be one reason so get it checked and if yes, the reduce the memory on BIOS for Graphic Card

• One full backup job to run full backup of all databases and it failed. I post error message.Any help?

Executed as user: abc\user1. ... 2004-2009, Quest Software Inc. Registered Name: abc INC 
    Processed 1152 pages for database 'abc123', file 'abc123' on file 1. Processed 4 pages for database 'abc123', file 'abc123_log' on file 1. BACKUP DATABASE successfully processed 1156 pages in 0.725 seconds (13.051 MB/sec). 
    Backup added as file number: 1  Native Size: 11.19 MB Backup Size: 1.87 MB CPU Seconds: 0.27 [SQ 
    The backup set on file 1 is valid.  CPU Seconds: 0.25 [SQLSTATE 01000] (Message 1) 
    LiteSpeed(R) for SQL Server Version 5.1.0.1293 Copyright 2004-2009, Quest Software Inc. Registered Name: abc INC 
    Processed 456 pages for database 'WSS_Search_abc1', file 'WSS_Search_abc1' on file 1. Processed 24 pages for database 'WSS_Search_abc1', file 'WSS_Search_abc1_Data2' on file 1. Processed 1 pages for database 'WSS_Search_abc1', file 'WSS_Search_abc1_log'
    ...  The step failed.

Hi bestrongself,
    Before you use a SQL Server Agent job to back up all database, I recommend you run the backup statement in query windows directly, and check if it can run well. I do a test by using the following statement,
    DECLARE @name VARCHAR(50) -- database name
    DECLARE @path VARCHAR(256) -- path for backup files
    DECLARE @fileName VARCHAR(256) -- filename for backup
    DECLARE @fileDate VARCHAR(20) -- used for file name
    -- specify database backup directory
    SET @path = 'C:\Backup\'
    -- specify filename format
    SELECT @fileDate = CONVERT(VARCHAR(20),GETDATE(),112)
    DECLARE db_cursor CURSOR FOR
    SELECT name
    FROM master.dbo.sysdatabases
    WHERE name NOT IN ('master','model','msdb','tempdb') -- exclude these databases
    OPEN db_cursor
    FETCH NEXT FROM db_cursor INTO @name
    WHILE @@FETCH_STATUS = 0
    BEGIN
    SET @fileName = @path + @name + '_' + @fileDate + '.BAK'
    BACKUP DATABASE @name TO DISK = @fileName
    FETCH NEXT FROM db_cursor INTO @name
    END
    CLOSE db_cursor
    DEALLOCATE db_cursor
    the script allow you to backup each database within your instance of SQL Server. 
    Your account  need to have read and right permission to the path file.
    If the above script can run well directly, then you can create a job and put your backup statement inside of it. There is a similar detail about how to create a simple backup job in SQL Server. You can review it.
    http://www.petri.co.il/create-backup-job-in-sql-server.htm
    Regards,
    Sofiya Li
    If you have any feedback on our support, please click here.
    Sofiya Li
    TechNet Community Support

• SSIS 2005 not running after upgrading (32 bit, Windows XP to 64 bit Windows 7)

I really need some help. Recently I went from using Visual Studio and SQL 2005 on a laptop (32bit system - Windows XP) to a desktop unit 64bit processor with Windows 7). SSIS on the laptop worked just fine and I could execute and open packages in SSIS; however,
    my new desktop unit will not even allow me to open a new package or run an existing package. As soon as I attempt to create a new SSIS project, I receive the following error: "An error prevented the view from loading. The specified module could not be
    found. (Exception from HResult:0x8007007E)(System Windows Forms).
    SSIS won't allow me to view the control flow or data flow screens and if I attempt to run an existing package created with the SSIS wizard I receive the following error: SSIS package "Package1.dtsx" starting.
    Information: 0x4004300A at Data Flow Task, DTS.Pipeline: Validation phase is beginning.
    Error: 0xC0202009 at Package1, Connection manager "SourceConnectionExcel": SSIS Error Code DTS_E_OLEDBERROR.  An OLE DB error has occurred. Error code: 0x80040154.
    An OLE DB record is available.  Source: "Microsoft OLE DB Service Components"  Hresult: 0x80040154  Description: "Class not registered".
    Error: 0xC020801C at Data Flow Task, Source - Without_Sample$ [1]: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_CANNOTACQUIRECONNECTIONFROMCONNECTIONMANAGER.  The AcquireConnection method call to the connection manager "SourceConnectionExcel" failed with error code
    0xC0202009.  There may be error messages posted before this with more information on why the AcquireConnection method call failed.
    Error: 0xC0047017 at Data Flow Task, DTS.Pipeline: component "Source - Without_Sample$" (1) failed validation and returned error code 0xC020801C.
    Error: 0xC004700C at Data Flow Task, DTS.Pipeline: One or more component failed validation.
    Error: 0xC0024107 at Data Flow Task: There were errors during task validation.
    SSIS package "Package1.dtsx" finished: Failure.
    I have tried changing the properties in the package to run in 32-bit mode; however, this does not work. I can run queries and import data in SQL Server Management Studios just fine, as well as run queries and reports in Visual Studios; however, I can't execute
    or create any package in Visual Studio with the new machine. Am I missing a needed system file in the new sysWOW64 folder? The IT person who installed the software isn't familiar with the program and doesn't know how to fix it either. I'm relatively new with
    using SSIS and really need some help on how to get this fixed. Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

If the Development Studio environment does not even open then it is probably an installation issue. Possibly a DLL did not register properly. Could you take a look at the following forums where a similar issue is being discussed? You can also look for more
    responses by searching for "0x8007007e visual studio on windows 7" in your search engine.
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/978714
    http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/sqlserver/en-US/0bcf22d6-adab-4595-b0d8-3a37ce7fbff3/2008-ssis-designer-stops-working-after-installing-vs11-dev-preview?forum=sqlintegrationservices
    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/10460118/the-specified-module-could-not-be-found-exception-from-hresult-0x8007007e
    - Aalamjeet Rangi | (Blog)

• No sound when running Windows, after installing Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit-Macbook Pro

As the title states I can't get any sound, no matter what configuration I try, when I run Windows. I used the latest version of Lion and the latest version of Bootcamp when installing Windows 7 via bootcamp. I have completed all available Windows updates as well, and still no luck. Mac side, the sound works perfectly. I've been online for hours searching for a solution and I'm running short on possible solutions and patience. So any help or suggestions are would be helpful and greatly appreciated.
    Thank you!

I don't think anyone is "peaved". Your same question is asked and answered very frequently here. We are just users like you and sometimes it gets old providing the same answers over and over when the answer is readily available using the search box located upper right.
    Here are some search results to help you in your quest.
    https://discussions.apple.com/community/windows_software/search.jspa?peopleEnabl ed=true&userID=&containerType=&container=&spotlight=true&q=cirrus

• Installing Itunes on laptop windows 7 use to bit Windows XP

My question is... Why when i installed itunes for windows 7 my original songs in itunes coulsd not be located?  What does that mean? What am i doing wrong? Please help?? Thanks.

The way I solved this was to use the same iTunes library file on a shared Windows drive. That library contains everything I want to sync to the phone.
    Since the actual paths on both systems are slightly different, the library file is rebuilt everytime you switch from one OS to the other, SO that usually only becomes a problem by not using the default Library location for the newer versions. Otherwise you may need to become handy with an XML editor from time to time. Or keep a good backup of your library file...

• Cannot use GPU acceleration with 64 bit CS5 under 64 bit Windows 7 with two cards ATI & nVidia

Subject sums up the problem, but here are the details:
    My ATI is a 5850, and I have drivers 10.6 installed. That's my primary card connected to my main monitor.
    The second card is an nVidia GTS 250 connected to my second monitor with 258.96 drivers.
    CS5 does not detect my GPU(s), hence, does not enable GPU acceleration. It says:
    "Graphics hardware acceleration is unavailable. You will need to upgrade your video driver and possibly your video card" both of which are obviously wrong, since I have the latest CS5 supporting drivers installed for two cards that can run GPGPU applications!
    Any suggestions?
    Thank you.

function(){return A.apply(null,[this].concat($A(arguments)))}
    nzkiwi wrote:
    I'm curious about whether the requirement to support HLSL Shader Model 3.0 is a big part of what is holding back GPU acceleration support for ATI cards in Adobe products.  It seems that HLSL Shader Model 3.0 is NVidia/Intel proprietary, whereas GLSL is an open standard like OpenGL.
    What ATI support do you find being held back?  Just curious.  I ask because I have a 2 year old ATI 4670 card that supports Photoshop nicely.  The Catalyst software seems to have embraced whatever's necessary to run Photoshop.*
    -Noel
    * That said, I see a specific bug where sometimes the 32 bit drivers on my x64 system will not be recognized by Photoshop 32 bit as OpenGL-capable at Photoshop startup.  I've reported it to ATI, and they seem to have taken it seriously, so I expect a fix in a future version.  The 64 bit drivers always satisfy Photoshop's needs, so I'm sure it's not a design deficiency but just a lil' ol' bug.

• Short cut to run SQL under SQL Commands window

Hi people
    what is the keyboard key to run the sql statements under SQL Commands windows in APEX. like in PL/SQL Developer its F8.
    Thanks

Thanks dccase
    It works
    Appreciate ur help

• Universal Printer Driver for HP LaserJet 2015dn & 64-bit Windows 7 Lacks Many Features

On my new computer with 64-bit Windows 7 Professional, I tried installing the drivers from the LaserJet 2015dn's CD in Windows 7 Compatibility Mode.  It produced error messages, but one time it got far enough to print, but it did not provide all the feature functionality present on my XP machines.  (Such as Print On Both Sides, Correct Order for Straight Paper path, selectable customized settings I can save, etc.)  When I went to the HP site directly, for my specific printer with "Windows 7 64-bit", I was directed to a Universal Driver file (the only choice) that gave essentially the same result -- except that Print On Both Sides is now available, but not any of the other features I use regularly.  (For example, on my XP machines I am able to set up multiple Print Task Quick Sets in the Printing Preferences "Finishing" tab so that I can quickly select one with the features I want for a specific print job.  That feature is not available with the Universal Driver.)
    Please tell me how I can get the full functionality of the P2015dn to be available in 64-bit Windows 7.
    I hope there is a specific driver set available for that printer that accesses all the features.
    Thank you.

Hi AW-HW,
    Although I'd like to help with your inquiry, I suspect your question would be better answered in the HP Enterprise Business Community,  as the HP LaserJet P2015 Printer series is a commercial model.
    My technical expertise is with consumer products and software, I am sure the commercial folks would be happy to help if you re-post your question for them to answer. The HP Enterprise Business Community is an HP Forum designed for the Commercial and Enterprise customers to help one another. I am sure you will find some HP folks there to help too.
    Click here to log into the commercial forum > HP Enterprise Business Community
    You may find what you are looking for on the HP LaserJet P2015 Printer series support page, while you wait for somebody from the commercial Forums.
    I hope this helps, best of luck.
    Please click the Thumbs up icon below to thank me for responding.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
    Sunshyn2005 - I work on behalf of HP

• VBAI: 32 or 64 bit Windows 7, More than 4 GB?

I am designing a machine vision system with 16 GigE cameras that will be running on a dedicated PC.
    About 50 megabyes of images will be processed in each 4-second machine cycle, although all of the inspections will happen at approximately the same moment.  None of the cameras will be running continuously or at high frame rates.
    It is my understanding that VBAI is a 32 bit application and therefore cannot used more than 2GB of memory.  I have also noticed that the VBAI process for a smaller vision system with only 3 cameras used less than 500 MB of memory (Windows Task Manager - Private Working Set).
    Which would be preferred?  A 32 or a 64 bit version of Windows 7?  I understand that VBAI originally only ran under 32 bit Windows 7.
    Also, would there be a real benifit to more than 4 GB of main memory, such as for the high-performance network adapter?

I also received this reply:
    Hi Nelson,
    It sounds like you are setting things up correctly - I spoke with one of my colleagues about this and we agreed that GigE is the right way to go for your purposes. VBAI is indeed a 32 bit application, but with a 64-bit operating system it will have access to up to 4GB of memory.  For this reason I recommend Windows 64-bit, if it doesn't make a difference otherwise.  I don't think you will need that much memory since you're only collecting 50MB of images at a time, but it doesn't hurt to have the extra bandwidth available if necessary in the future.  The only way I could see this becoming an issue is if you need to run these cameras continuously in the future.
    As for having more than 4GB of main memory, as you said, VBAI won't use too much of it, so I don't think there's an issue there.  I'm not sure about the high-performance network adaptor, but I will say that my experience with GigE adaptors has never yielded large memory draws. It seems like you have thought this through and I think that this setup with 64-bit Windows 7 will serve your purposes well without memory issues.
    Regards
    Julian Rosenberg
    Applications Engineer
    National Instruments
    Sounds like 64 bit Windows is the way to go!

Maybe you are looking for

• Create sub-pages programatically

Hi, Is it possible to use the add_folder in PDK pl/sql api to create sub-pages to the root page of a content area programatically? Thanks

• Macbook and wireless 2wire

i have a 2wire wireless router and it woks perfectly for all my other home computers, but when i connect with my macbook pro, sooner or later the broadband will start flashing orange. what to do?

• Need script to place line break based on character style

I'm a designer and know very little about scripting or XML, but here goes. I have some XML files I'm formatting for print, and they don't have paragraph returns where they need to be. The returns always need to be before a specific XML tag (that I ca

• Good receipt for process material.

Hi PP Gurus, In process material scenario (Material type PROC) when I create a process order (cor1) for the same. In good receipt tab "Good receipt, non valuated" check box getting activated be default. As a result order is not getting credit of any

• Noodles Development - importing video file problem

Hi, Everyone... I need to import avi video into my flash, but I cannot locate the Flash Video Encoder application. Should it be located in my macromedia folder? Thanks in advance... Best Regards Noodles Development