Good external monitor recommendations for T61?

I need a good external monitor for my T61, the bigger the better. I would prefer to keep the branding the same with Lenovo. Does anyone have any advice? Should I go with another manufacturer? The Apple displays are really cool. Does Lenovo make anything similar?
Thanks in advance.
MacBook Pro, with an aluminum unibody enclosure **As of September 15, 2008, our company has completely switched to Apple. Having used ThinkPad products for over 10 years, we had desperately tried to find just one reason to continue using these products, to no avail. We are of the view that ThinkPads are no longer premium products. We wish you the best of luck with your ThinkPad! Happy computing…**

There is also a review of it at NBR and a discussion at TPF  that are interesting.
Message Edited by nonny on 02-13-2008 07:57 AM
English Community   Deutsche Community   Comunidad en Español   Русскоязычное Сообщество
Jane
2015 X1 Carbon, ThinkPad Slate, T410s, X301, X200 Tablet, T60p, HP TouchPad, iPad Air 2, iPhone 5S, IdeaTab A2107A, Yoga Tablet, Yoga 3 Pro
I am not a Lenovo Employee.
I AM one of those crazy ThinkPad zealots!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Similar Messages

• External Monitor Recommendations

I'm looking for a good external monitor. Any recommendations for a good 17 inch LCD monitor for my iBook?

There is an adapter for hooking up to an external monitor included with your iBook, but it can only mirror the image on your iBook's screen; if you want to use dual monitors, or you want to use a higher resolution, you'll need Screen Spanning Doctor (VersionTracker.com). Although it's a freeware app, it's very good and shouldn't do any damage to your iBook (I use it, and I have no problems).
    Good luck!

• Monitor recommendations for PS/CS5.5 print work

Hopefully this won't be retreading old ground too much, but I'm looking for monitor recommendations for using with CS5.5 for print work in Photoshop and InDesign mainly on a new Mac Mini. I've got a Spyder 3 for calibration already so that side of things is covered - the Apple Thunderbolt display is a bit of range financially, plus I'm not sure about the glossy screen myself, ideally I'd be looking to spend no more than £500 and size wise about 24" would be the ideal size due to the amount of deskspace available to me. TIA for any/all help/recommendations!

For starters look heere:
    http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/
    The degree of perfection is dependent on your final needs. A studio doing catalog work is going to need a monitor all the way up to top providers like Eizo. for my needs where I output to an Epson 3800 and bigger, I find the dell u2412 to be ideal, and at your price category, maybe 2 will fit the budget.
    The 2412 does not cover the full Adobe RGB gamut, but it does cover sRGB IEC 61966-2-1:1999, the current preference for  online color. I use it because correcting the monitor to match the print for b&w is paramount, and the best monitors for this use LED backlight. The u2412 is admirable for this especially at it's price point.
    I also use a 2nd monitor but it is a smaller 4:3 aspect ratio. It's use is strictly for tools and such.
    The 2412 is a 16:10 aspect ratio and is far better, imo, for graphics work. Also (and maybe especially!) it is very close to the golden mean ratio giving it a wonderful presentation format. Check it out where you see 16:9 and 16:10 side by side.
    When I am working closely with adjustment layers I have enough room on my screen to pull over the specific palette next to the image while tweaking, a big help without losing the ability to fill the screen later if you wish. Simply move the palette back to it's home on the other screen.
    Good Luck!

• Monitor Recommendations for Use with Captivate

Anyone have any monitor recommendations for use with Captivate? Size and resolution?

The formal adobe  recommendation is as posted 1024x768 is fine.
    But, monitors are not that expensive, so for productivity and better work environment I recommend at least one wide screen 22" with resolution  1600X1200 or more  and that supports 1080 for video.
    You need the  wide screen ( or  two monitors) so you can work with all the tools in one view.  

• What is a good external battery pack for a 13" retina display?

what is a good external battery pack  for my 13" retina display(macbook)

Have a look here for the sizes and prices.
    It is however, much better to get a USB external drive that comes with it's own power adapter to avoid issues when or if your USB port can't supply enough power to your external drive.
    That issue however does happen rarely but it does happen.  Especially when connecting other devices to your other USB port while your external hard drive is connected to your other usb port.

• Recommend a good external DVD drive for Mac?

can anyone recommend a good external rewritable DVD drive for my EMac? i want something that will work with iDVD of course... thanks in advance.

LaCie is one. The Macally 500BC Firewire/USB 2.0 enclosure with a separate Pioneer S-Drive is another viable option.
    I personally use multiple ADS Tech 1394 Pyro FW Enclosures with a Pioneer 110D S-Drive as well as a few ext. FW HD's and they all work well on mult. G4 systems (completely interchangeable via FW 400).
    This link may help you to build your own S-Drive if you wish:
    http://discussions.apple.com/message.jspa?messageID=4022274#4022274
    Good luck
    SDMacuser

• New MacPro: Good temperature Monitor Application for the nMP?

Can anyone suggest a good temperature monitoring application they have used for the new Mac Pro?
    Thanks

I would recommend iStat Menus (http://bjango.com/mac/istatmenus/). I switched to it when I got the Mac Pro 2013 because Hardware Monitor doesn't work with the new Mac Pro. It's pretty good, although the history is only visual with graphs showing the evolution of the different sensors temperature. With Harware Monitor it was possible to read the temperature that were recorded at a certain point in time.

• External monitor options For Macbook Pro(2011)

Just curious as to what my monitor options are as a external monitor for the Macbook Pro.  I'm pretty much set on 27'' thunderbolt display but its a hefty price to swallow...
    Best buy has some good deals on there 27'' monitor but can i get the same resolution and clarity from other brands that will be eqivalent to Apple?
    I'd like to stay in the 27'' to 30'' size...
    thanks

Any other options like Samsung, LG etc... that offer the same specs as the thunderbolt display? 
    Thanks

• HD-SDI external monitoring support for PrP 5.5

For the moment I am  working in Adobe sequences, but hoping that  external monitoring issues (i.e., playback, rendering of AE dynamic links ,etc.) are resolved one way (third party) or the other  (Adobe).
    This issues will eventually (some are already looking to Avid for  alternatives) piss off some of the higher end users (facilities,  boutiques) that Adobe doesnt want to lose.
    Adobe, I know your plate is very full, but this one could have tragic consequences on your new found popularity.

I know there is support for external monitoring, it just is very bad at this point.This forum and others contain numerous such reports.  I have been in touch with Adobe and the vendor of the product I used with FCP and now with current drivers for PrP. This is why I have switched to editing with Adobe sequences. Due to the issues stated in the previous posting. I have send in bug reports ad infinitum. I spent lots of phone time with good supportive technical folks.
    This post is more editorial in nature then anything else. I really like the Adobe Production Studio and I want to see it succeed and flourish.

• Good external FW800 HDD for iMac?

Can anyone recommend a good external FireWire 800 hard drive (or hard drive enclosure) for the iMac? Basically I want something that doesn't look too terrible in case I have to leave it on my desk — i.e., not the usual extruded aluminum tube. Something that even remotely matches the iMac would be nice.
    I would prefer a bare enclosure so I can put a 750GB drive in it, but I'll take recommendations for complete drives if they come in 500GB or larger.
    G-Tech makes some nice stuff, but their prices are a bit silly (e.g., $560 for 500GB when the drive itself costs $200 — $360 is a way too much to pay for the enclosure, no matter how stylish).
    A big plus would be a drive with auto-on/off or some kind of spin-down capability so I wouldn't have to turn it on and off all the time. Having more than one interface (e.g., USB 2.0 along with FW800) would be another plus.
    The closest thing I can find is the LaCie d2, which seems cool but not too expensive, though I'm not sure about its auto-off/spindown functionality.
    Thanks for your suggestions.

I love my Mercury Elite Pro from OWC. They have a ton of pre-configured drives as well as the bare enclosures HERE.
    Whatever you decide, be sure to get a drive with the more reliable Oxford chipset as the more common and cheaper Prolific chipset has given some Mac users fits.

• External Monitor Options for iMac?

I have an iMac and have been using a lot with my 7D files. They look great, but I would like to have an external monitor output. Any ideas on output modules for iMac? Thanks!

is if there is a Firewire out that can send my Color display out to my Trinitron monitor, like FCP
    No, absolutely not. COLOR does not support FireWire output. The developer intended the application to be used with a PCIe Video I/O interface, (Kona, for example, as opposed to GPU) supporting HD-SDI output, and the fixed output gamma characteristic of 2.2 was assigned as default to support that.
    *All other approaches* are considered to be +ad hoc+ substitutes and are +de facto+ "as is". The policy should be read as -- "we made it one way which functions very precisely; if you want something else, that's your business"... but for a very large number of non-broadcast content producers, that's fine. It doesn't matter if its technically "wrong", as long as there is a result, not to imply that no one cares about the products they are generating -- but there are obviously some very large knowledge gaps in the consuming population in this area.
    That's my possibly cynical interpretation of the history and situation...
    jPo

• A good external monitor

hello, i have the final cut suite and i heard that when doing color correction you do not want to use your computer screen. does anyone know of a good tv monitor that is good - or if i even need one and the computer screen works just fine? at my school they used the 13-in jvc's. any opinions?
    thx

If you're a recent student, then I will ask you what is the value of a test (examination, paper, quiz, questionnaire...) if it is not evaluated by an impartial judge. Is it an A+ or a D-? In other words does it need to be "right"? Would you give yourself a great mark for work that is "just fine"?
    CRT monitors have been abandoned because they are not big enough, lack the resolution, purity, convergence, power efficiency and environmental impact that would keep them useful. On the other hand they have a smoother gamut, better black, gamma response, and show interlacing properly. Sadly, no longer available, and grade monitors in that class used to be $45K and up.
    Solid state monitoring is getting ready for prime time. When it needs to be right, there are a few monitors that will be a good substitute for an A-class grading monitor... e-Cinema, CineTal, and a few other offerings. These are fairly pricey items, because building a monitor that will reproduce the various colourspaces currently in use is a tricky business. The majors: Sony, JVC, et al., to date, have not delivered, and don't seem as though they are about to, either.
    You will hear all about various "inexpensive" solutions using computer monitors that are on offer with some sort of LUT, or pre-processing interface. For the most part, there is no way to fake the contrast ratio and response time that a true grading monitor offers.
    You may be aware that in the "old days" there were serious arguments about the type of phosphor that was approved for CRT grade monitors... the same arguments now abound with regard to the various solid state displays that are being sold.
    Colour "correction" requires more than a TV set that only shows that 'something happened'. If it is not calibrated to a known reference, all you're doing is damage. Sorry if that sounds negative, but you'll find out soon enough that it is the paying customers who have refined this notion.
    Balance the cost of your monitoring choice vs. your ability to continue doing business and your professional reputation.
    Think carefully about waveform monitoring, as well.
    JPO

• What is a good external hard drive for use with a macbook air?

I am looking at purchasing a macbook air 13". What is a good external hard drive to use with it? Should I look for an external hard drive with its own a/c power or is the usb 3.0 capable of powering the external drive.

Have a look here for the sizes and prices.
    It is however, much better to get a USB external drive that comes with it's own power adapter to avoid issues when or if your USB port can't supply enough power to your external drive.
    That issue however does happen rarely but it does happen.  Especially when connecting other devices to your other USB port while your external hard drive is connected to your other usb port.

• Monitor Recommendations for Graphics

This monitor is for work, I've an NEC 26" at home but I don't want to spend that much, I'm looking at 24" around $500-$600 range. The HP LP4575w seems to get the best all 'round reviews in this range as far as acceptable color for Photoshop, Indesign, etc.
    Any other recommendations/advice appreciated
    Geoff

Dell has a new IPS 24in display, the U2410, which uses a newer version of the LG panel inside the HP 2475w:
    http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/products/Monitors/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=e n&s=dhs&cs=19&sku=320-8277

• Use G5 iMac as external monitor/display for Intel iMac?

I have a 24" Intel iMac and a 20" G5 iMac (which is sort of mothballed now).I was wondering if it is possible to use the older iMac as an external monitor, mainly to save the expense of buying a "proper" external display when there seems to be a perfectly usable one sitting there in the G5 iMac.

translate.google.com.
    Actually, it didn't translate very well. But the instructions are basically how to wire up an adapter cable. The G5 iMac appears to use standard DVI signals, so you just need to make a DVI cable to plug in to the internal connector. The table between pages 7 and 8 is what you want. If you've used a soldering iron around electronic devices before, that table is pretty much all you need. The picture of the backside on page 9 is neat. Using the ethernet connector hole to route the wiring. Almost looks like it came from the factory that way.

Maybe you are looking for