Heard the fire smell in my laptop ( T61 )

Hi everybody , I have a T61 used from 7 in 2008 to the present.  Today, when I attached the adapter to the computer without signal lights. After i remove adapter and attached again , i see the light from the battery and power blinks, then I heard the fire smell, Now, my laptop can't power on, and light from the battery and source blinks continuously, I remove the battery and still heard the fire smell in my laptop ( battery no problem ). I don't think the power adapter because it not  the fire, and I use my laptop with automatic voltage stabilizer . Please tell me about problem with my laptop ? Sorry , because my English not good . Thanks all

huycreative,
I agree with lead_org's suggestion to contact Lenovo service and support immediately.  I would strongly suggest you unplug the AC adapter from the wall and remove the battery from the laptop and call service. 
I recommend against using any of these components again until they are checked out by Lenovo service.
Here are the numbers to call for support...
Vietnam
Vietnamese, English
For Northern Area and Hanoi City:
844 3 946 2000 /844 3 942 6457
For Southern Area and Ho Chi Minh City:
848 3 829 5160 / 844 3 942 6457
8:30AM - 5:30PM
Monday - Friday
Best regards,
Mark
ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
twitter @lenovoforums
English Community   Deutsche Community   Comunidad en Español   Русскоязычное Сообщество

Similar Messages

• Burning Smell from G530 Laptop

I turned on my laptop this morning and there was a burning smell coming from the vent of the laptop. My wife noticed it first and noticed it was my G530 laptop. Its sorta like the burning plastic smell from the side vent. I took out the battery and that doesn't smell. Nothing seems to be wrong on the computer itself, seems its working fine like usual except for the weird smell coming from it. I bought this system on Newegg about a year ago, and the warranty is still good until March of 2011. Any ideas? I know its not supposed to smell like this but I'm scared about strange smells from it. Hope its not a fire hazard.

ryip10, welcome to the forum,
    What you are reporting is extremeley rare, you should call support on 1-877-453-6686 and explain what you have experienced. It's more than likely they will ask you to send the system in, or have it collected, but do ensure you get it checked out properly asap. Also it would be a good idea not to use the system, detach it from the AC and also remove the battery; better safe than sorry.
    Andy  ______________________________________
    Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points
    Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you. Forum Search Option T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more. FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.
      Deutsche Community     Comunidad en Español    English Community Русскоязычное Сообщество
    PepperonI blog 

• I need to install the HP drivers on a laptop with a broken screen in order to get VGA port to work.

Hewlett Packard Model: 2000 2a20ca Notebook
    Oh my god please give me some insight here, it is so hard to find the right answers and I refuse to lose to this technical box that's driving me nuts! So here's the run down:
    My screen broke on laptop...fine. It was connected via HDMI to TV and working fine. Until one day it decided to not turn on. I think due to Windows updates and hubby had no patience so kept restarting
    I tried to reload Windows on it, not thinking about the drivers, and I'm pretty sure I managed to reload Windows. Now I need the drivers to install chipset, networking etc. (which I have a disc for)
    The problem is I cannot see the screen in order to click "install", I can't see the BIOS or the boot sequence. Ugh! And even if I could, the drivers are not installed to use the CD ROM or VGA port.
    I can HEAR Windows start up and turn on! Doo-DO-Doo-DO lol the darn thing is working!
    The monitor works in my other laptop.
    Would/Should the VGA monitor work if I could get it to start in safe mode?
    I've heard of a program that can streamline the driver's into a Windows installation disc so everything is installed altogether but how can I reinstall Windows if the drivers aren't loaded for the CD ROM?
    Is there a way to get the necessary drivers installed? or is this notebook now garbage?

RocknRoll77 wrote:
    Seriously? 
    1.  The model number is the first thing at the top aside from the OS.
    2.  In my explanation it states:  "I have the drivers on a disk"
    Thanks for all your help!
    Getting the drivers is not the problem.  Getting the drivers installed on a laptop with a broken screen...is the problem.
    Ok, well sometimes you can't use external monitor to see what is happening in some laptops and the only real way to fix this is to fix the broken screen so you can reformat and resinstall the system again. Those are you only options at this point in time.
    I am a Volunteer to help others on here-not a HP employee.
    Replies aren't online 24/7 because of Time Zone differences.
    Remember in this Day and Age of Computing the Internet is Knowledge at your fingertips if you choose understand it. -2015-

• The hard disc of my laptop has crashed and i lost all the data. Now I want to take back up of my I phone and transfer contacts , messages and music back into my laptop , how can I do that. Pl help

The hard disc of my laptop has crashed and i lost all the data. Now I want to take back up of my I phone and transfer contacts , messages and music etc back into my laptop , how can I do that. Also let me know how I can transfer the contacts into Windows contacts from I phone. Pl help

Your content will only be where you put it.  It has always been very basic to always maintain a backup copy of your computer.
    You can transfer itunes purchases from your iphone: File>Device>Transfer purchases.
    You can import your pics taken with the iphone as you would with any digital camera.
    You can e-mail the other pics to yourself, they will never be of the original quality.
    You can out a unique contact and calendar entry on the computer.  You should get the option to merge the data when you sync.

• I upgraded MacbookPro 2009 from 10.6.8 to Yosemite.  Beforehand I made a backup copy of my Iphoto library onto an external hard drive. Lets call it BU. I also deleted half of my photos from the default library on my laptop, lets call it DE. I then in

I upgraded MacbookPro 2009 from 10.6.8 to Yosemite 2 weeks ago. My iphoto is now a nightmare. i went to our local apple retailer but they could not help either. Perhaps someone can help. Beforehand the OS upgrade I made a backup copy of my Iphoto library onto an external hard drive. Lets call it BU with 50GB. I also deleted half of my photos from the default library on my laptop, lets call it DE, now with about 20GB, to gain space. I then upgraded to Yosemite.
    I have also installed since a long time Iphoto Library Manager 3.8.6. (this may be the cause of the problem as it was not upgraded and perhaps thus not compatible with iphoto 9.6 which I have now after the upgrade to Yosemite) It all worked fine before the upgrade, switching in iphoto between the two libraries DE and BU.
    It also worked fine after the upgrade for a few days. At one stage Iphoto asked me to upgrade the iphoto version as it otherwise could not read the photos when I tried to load the BU library into iphoto. I did click yes to upgrade iphoto. As a result I became a brand new but totally empty library, no photos.
    BU was still on the external disc, however the "Master" file was empty. We fortunately discovered all photos were in another file called Old Master, also under BU. We made another copy of the Old Master file onto the external disc. Lucky we did, because shortly afterwards we could not open anymore the BU file thus had no access to anything in there. Now I have 17000 photos in a file called Old Master on my external disc and another smaller library  DE on my laptop. When I tried to import the photos from Old Master into a new iphoto library it was very messy. All events dates were mixed up, many photos were imported twice. I have no idea whether all my 17000 photos have been imported.
    Can anyone suggest what is the most time efficient way? How do I best import my 17000 into a new library ensuring I don't loose any in the process. I do not wish sorting through 17000 photos for a week or so. Shall i also get a new iphoto library version now? Thank you for anything that may work.

Yes, the Old Master file has a folder for each year where I find all photos from that specific year. I am attaching a screen shot of the file.
    In the meantime i have managed to download all photos (it did not download any video files though in mpg, avi, 3gp, m4v,mp4 and mov format) to a new iphoto library. Unfortunately the photos are quite mixed and often doubled up. I ma considering to purchase iphoto library which checks all duplicates in iphoto. this will save me a lot of time. What do you think?

• I deleted my old Email account because I wanted to create a new one, and I did. However, when ever I send an Email from the Mail app on my laptop it says the Email was sent from my old Email and I just can not get rid of it.

I deleted my old Email and only used my new Email to set up the Mail app on my laptop. And the old Email is completely dead, hotmail.com says the Email no longer excists when I try to sign back in to it however my Emails remain saying 'Sent from Jordan [*old Email*].
    I can't find a solution!!

If you are unable to remember your password, security questions, don’t have access to your rescue address or are unable to reset your password for whatever reason, your only option is to contact AppleCare(or Apple ID Support), upon speaking to an operator you should explain that your problem is related to your Apple ID, this way you will not be charged for assistance, even if you don’t have an AppleCare plan.
    The operator will take you through some steps you may have already tried, however they need to be sure they have exhausted all usual approaches before trying to reset your account, so you should try to be helpful and show patience with the procedure.
    The operator will need to verify they are speaking to the account holder and may ask you some questions that only the account holder could know, and you will need to answer them if the process is to proceed.
    Once the operator has verified your identity they will send a message through to your device which contains an alpha numeric code, which you will need to read back to them.
    Once this has been completed they will send an email to your iCloud email address after a period of 24 hours, so you should check that mail is enabled in your devices iCloud settings.
    Upon receipt of the email, use the reset link provided to reset your password, after which you should be able to make the adjustments to iCloud that you wish to do.

• I purchased a Holux M-1200E Bluetooth GPS Data Logger.  The device paired with my laptop just fine so I know it is working right.  The device will not even show up on my iphone or ipad to pair via bluetooth.  Is there a way to pair without jailbreaking???

I purchased a Holux M-1200E Bluetooth GPS Data Logger.  The device paired with my laptop just fine so I know it is working right.  The device will not even show up on my iphone or ipad to pair via bluetooth.  Is there a way to pair without jailbreaking???  I haven't had any trouble to date pairing any devic with my iphone or ipad, this is ridiculous!!!!  Is there a way to update my bluetooth settings on my iphone 4s to be able to have this device be recognized???  I love my apple devices, but this is very frustrating.  I bought this Data Logger for a specific purpuse to help out with my Search and Rescue volunteer activities, and I really need help with this!!!  I am hoping apple will help me!!!
    Thanks,
    Melissa

melissafromlenexa wrote:
    That is not the right device, it is the
    Holux
    M-1200E Bluetooth GPS Logger
    I looked at the same sight for that and it does not say that.  This is the first time I have posted a question, you don't have to be mean about it.  I am trying to get this to work for a good cause. 
    It may be the best source of assistance is the manufacturer of the device. I suspect you will need a specific app for the iPhone to get it to work, but the site is rather ambiguous about that.

• 1 year ago i installed Elements 12 on my PC with a serial number.  Today i have installed Elements 12 also on my laptop. But,...there is a problem with validation of the serial number on my laptop. Is there a need to validate Elements  or will this progra

One year ago i installed Elements 12 on my PC with a serial number and it was OK.
    Today i have installed Elements 12 also on my laptop.
    But,...there is a problem with validation of the serial number on my laptop. Is there a need to validate Elements  or will this program real disapeare in 7 days?
    Hans

Hi,
    Since you already have one copy activated the serial number must be logged in your account details - I would first check that the one logged and the one you are attempting to enter are the same.
    You can check your account details by going to www.adobe.com and clicking on Manage Account. You need to sign in with your Adobe Id and then click on View All under Plans & Products. Next click on View your products and after a while it should produce your list.
    If there is a problem with the serial number, only Adobe can help you there (we are just users). Please see the response in this thread
    First of all, I would have to say that getting in touch with you is a nightmare and I am not at all happy that I can't just email or live chat with someone who can help!  I am not a technical person, I just want to be able to use Photoshop Elements and ge
    Brian

• I have done the software updates on my laptop but still can't get the app store

Hello,
    I am trying to download the app store for my laptop, however, I have done all the system updates (numerous times over the past few months) and the app store has never appeared.  I can't seem to find a link to download it from the website and am not sure how I am able to get it on my computer without reinstalling my whole operating system or something (which I really don't want to do if I can avoid it).
    Any information on this issue would be greatly apprieciated,
    Lauren

You need to purchase and install Mac OS X 10.6 and then update to at least 10.6.6 to get it.
    (57985)

• How do I transfer music from one iPhone to the other without using a laptop and will I be billed?

How do I transfer music from one iPhone to the other without using a laptop and will I be billed?

Download Past Purchases
    http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2519
    Or do you mean this...
    Old Phone to New Phone
    http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2109
    Also...
    It should be Noted that anything Downloaded with a Particular Apple ID is tied to that Apple ID and Cannot be Merged or Transferred to a Different Apple ID

• My laptop was stolen and with it my itunes, all of my music (including non-apple downloaded content) is still on my iphone 5, how can I transfer the files to my new laptop which is authorised to the same apple ID?

my laptop was stolen and with it my itunes, all of my music (including non-apple downloaded content) is still on my iphone 5, how can I transfer the files to my new laptop which is authorised to the same apple ID?

See this user tip for recovering the media from the iPhone: https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-3991

• I have 2 Apple IDs.  I also have a new laptop.  I have tons of music on my old laptop.  I want to transfer the music from my old laptop to my new laptop, but I don't want the music actually on my new computer.  Is there a way to have the music in iCloud?

I am wanting to have my music available to me, but not actually on the new laptop (like my iPhone is set up to do).  I suppose I am wanting to know if I can transfer, or authorize my new laptop to have all of my music in iCloud, but not actually in iTunes on the laptop?  I want it available to me, but I have over 7000 songs and I don't want to use all the room on my new laptop.  Can someone please help?

iTunes match - http://www.apple.com/itunes/itunes-match/ - see FAQ at end too
    http://arstechnica.com/apple/2011/11/itunes-match-your-questions-answered/
    http://ipod.about.com/od/UsingiOS5/a/Itunes-Match-Frequently-Asked-Questions.htm
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1277415 - deleting items from your computer but saving them in iCloud.  Yes, but risky.

• If I changed my Apple ID password on my iphone then log into itunes on my phone with that new password, would it automatically sync to my laptop or would i need to put the new password into my laptop also?

If I changed my Apple ID password on my iphone then log into itunes on my phone with that new password, would it automatically sync to my laptop or would i need to put the new password into my laptop also? My laptop got stolen so I changed my password and wanted to be sure it's safe to enter in the new one on my phone. I don't want it to snyc to my laptop.

Hi loro,
    Thanks for visiting Apple Support Communities.
    I'm sorry to hear that your laptop was stolen. Changing your password was a good step. 
    Entering your new password on your iPhone will not affect the laptop, as mentioned in this article:
    Apple ID: Changing your password
    http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5624
    The next time you use an Apple feature or service that uses Apple ID, you'll be asked to sign in with your new Apple ID password.
    Best Regards,
    Jeremy

• If I purchase Adobe Creative Cloud for student, can I have the programmes on both my laptop and desktop for the same price?

If I purchase Adobe Creative Cloud for student, can I have the programmes on both my laptop and desktop for the same price?

Cloud License allows 2 activations http://www.adobe.com/legal/licenses-terms.html
    -Install on a 2nd computer http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1452292?tstart=0
    -Windows or Mac does not matter... 2 on the same operating system, or 1 on each

• HT1386 When I connect my iPod Touch to a new laptop (Macbook Air) the "Info" tab won't appear and therefore I cannot sync it with my new iTunes. How can I sync this iPod with the iTunes on my new laptop?

When I connect my iPod Touch to a new laptop (Macbook Air) the "Info" tab won't appear and therefore I cannot sync it with my new iTunes. How can I sync this iPod with the iTunes on my new laptop?

There is no Info tab in Mavericks
    if you use OS X v.10.8.5 or earlier. If you use OS X Mavericks v.10.9 or later, your contacts, calendars, and other info are updated on your computers and iOS devices via iCloud. For more information, see iCloud Help at icloud.com.
    iTunes 11 for Mac: Sync contacts, calendars, and other info with iPod, iPhone, or iPad

Maybe you are looking for

• Illustrator CS5 Update???? Error

I am trying to update Illustrator CS5 but I continue to get an error message telling me that it has failed to update. Does anyone know how to remedy this?

• How to view archived IDoc's

Hi experts,   i need to view the archived content of the archived idocs.  i tried with SARI(Infostructure SAP_IDOC_001), but i cant view the content of the archived IDOC's. the scenario is like, > IDoc's are archived using SARA > Delete that IDOC usi

• Very weird 64 bit problem

Initially I was running 2.4 in 64 bit mode on my Mac. Everything worked perfectly for a week or so. Then today, after messing about in the Web Module, I am not able to type in text fields. No characters appear even though if I'm outside of LR the key

• Spec posted: Styling Gumbo Components

An older specification on styling has been posted to the flex open source site: http://opensource.adobe.com/wiki/display/flexsdk/Styling+Gumbo+Components

• Bridge freezing in Photoshop CS2

I have Photoshop CS2 and unable to use Bridge, which has started freezing and loading very slowly. I reinstalled from disc but the problem remains. Any suggestions ?