HELP: recovery of T61

Dear ALL,
I bought my T61 with vista last month, but destroied my recovery backup accidently last week (it doesn't work when I press ThinkVantage button). So would it be possible for me to get recovery CDs from Lenovo or any individual? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Really hope to be able to get a clean & stable system as what it was!
Cheers,
Joe
Message Edited by zyliu on 04-26-2008 03:01 PM

Hi, just to ask, do you mean the Recovery CD pack that you receive at purchase? If so, you'll have to contact the Lenovo support service.
However, if you meant the Rescue & Recovery backups & accessing Rescue & Recovery, then I believe you can try pressing the F10/F12 key and see if you can access the Rescue & Recovery program at boot up. Otherwise try creating a Rescue & Recovery media through "Create Rescue media", if you have one (Should be available if you have the latest version of Rescue & Recovery), so you can run the program without having to press the ThinkVantage button.
Clarify my answers if I'm wrong. Hope it helps.

Similar Messages

• **CAN ANYONE PLS HELP** RECOVERY (X131e)

Hi everyone, i am a newby on this forum & hope that someone may be able to help me out. I purchased a 3 week old Thinkpad Lenovo X131e on ebay, excellent condition. The prolem i have is that it comes with Windows7 Home Premium 64bit as standard, but the previous owner had loaded windows 8 and lost all partitions including recovery, i now only have one partition. Ive reinstalled 64bit win7 home premium via usb, but would like the original image and structure partition (factory image) back on. Is there a simple way to do this, can someone please pijnt me in the right direction, otherwise if this is not possible could someone please help out with how i can get it back to standard is there a specific driver order installation procedure, and where can i get all the necessary lenovo applications from and which ones? I hope that there is someone in this community that can give me the best and less complicated option, any recommendations, feedback or guidance would be absolutely appreciated. Thank you in advance
    Spoiler (Highlight to read)
    Solved!
    Go to Solution.

Your best course of action is to call Service and discuss obtaining the Recovery set.
    Country or Region
    Product
    Language
    Telephone number
    Hours of operation
    Australia
    THINK-branded products
    English
    1800 041 267
    24 hours/day
    7 days/week
    With your model and serial numbers, they should be able to determine exactly which set you need.
    Regards.
    English Community   Deutsche Community   Comunidad en Español   Русскоязычное Сообщество
    Community Resources: Participation Rules • Images in posts • Search (Advanced) • Private Messaging
    PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.
    X1C3 Helix X220 X301 X200T T61p T60p Y3P • T520 T420 T510 T400 R400 T61 Y2P Y13
    I am not a Lenovo employee.

• [HELP] Recovery Mode Loop - iPhone 5

Dear all,
    Kindly help me. I'm trying to exit this ***ty Recovery Mode Loop. It is driving me crazy.
    Here is the story:
    Yesterday, I was updating my iDevices to the latest 6.1 iOS. When I tried to update my Mom's iPhone, suddenly, the iTunes sync logo appeard.
    I synced it with iTunes, and it gave me this message: "Your iphone is in Recovery Mode",
    I clicked "Restore iPhone"
    But after I had downloaded the latest update, the iPhone doesn't want to restore.
    I tried to Power it off, but it brings me back to the Recovery mode continuosly.
    It was never jailbroken (as there is no jailbreak for iPhone 5) + I have looked thru google but found nothing that helps!
    I tried (iREB and iRecovery and TinyUmbrella) all of them failed at putting the iPhone back to the normal state or to DFU mode.
    HELP!
    Thanks.

Hi there nxtbardi,
    I would recommend taking a look at the troubleshooting steps found in the article below. If you used a computer to initiate the update, there is a possibility that the device created a backup before updating.
    iOS: Not responding or does not turn on
    http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3281
    -Griff W.

• Recovery problem T61

I have a problem restoring the original XP software using the original T61 Recovery CDs. After booting from the first disk "Rescue and Recovery CD" and following through till "Click Next to begin the recovery Process", the following error message appears: "An internal error has caused the process to fail".
    I have repeated the same process on various blank hard drives and always get the same error message.
    I have done a recovery with the same disks on the same hard drive on this same T61 before without any problems, so why not now?
    Does anybody here have an idea what it going on?

you probably wiped the recovery partition from the hdd when you installed the Win 7. If that is the case, then you would need to obtain a copy of the recovery media from Lenovo for 50 dollars.
    Regards,
    Jin Li
    May this year, be the year of 'DO'!
    I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft

• ACR settings help-recovery

I am currently using ACR 7.4.  The recovery slide did not show up.  Customer Service told me to switch to 2012 in my settings.  They also told me-sort of rudely-that this is a question for the forum-um yeah-I'm new to this....so anyway-I don't even know how to find my settings.  When I open a picture out of Bridge, it immediately opens into ACR.  From what I can see, there is no place to open up your settings once in ACR.  I'm on a MAC, so I checked under my applications, but I don't see anything for ACR.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

Ask in the PS/ ACR forums.
    Mylenium

• Rescue and Recovery on T61 type 7663 from 4.10.0315 to 4.2

While upgrading the above from version 4.10.0315 to new version
    by downloading the "tvtvrnr42_1512tc" from lenovo site
    an error occur :
    Error 25011.A file required to install the Rescue and Recovery environment
    could not be located. This setup cannot proceed. Make sure that the correct
    .tvt files is located in the same folder as this setup package and restart this setup.
    I have checked that there are Z503ZAB1512TC00.TVT and Z503ZAB1512US00.TVT
    located in the same folder of setup.
    Anyone can help please?

heya,
    I hope you managed to sort your issue out.
    It's namely mentioned here - http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/MIGR-69170.html
    cheers
    norbs

• Please Help - Recovery of trashed files

Hello there,
    Could any one give me some directions as to how to try recovering deleted garage band files? My son emptied the trash (non-securely) and then called me.
    Any Terminal commands or other possibilities? Any help will be SINCERELY appreciated.
    Thanks a lot,
    Jacobo

Jacobo:
    I don't know what to tell you, other than that the trial version scan does the same full scan as the paid version does. The file type extensions for the GarageBand projects you had in the GarageBand folder are ".band" file types, if that helps with the searching.
    To test, and maybe be able to help you out some, I just created a GarageBand project and then trashed it, emptying the trash. I then ran DR II (full version) and could not locate any file with a .band extension. I used the option to do a "deleted files" scan, which is included with the full version and scans the volume's free space where the trashed file would be located. I'm thinking that perhaps Data Rescue II might not pick up the .band file type even if the files actually are still there and not overwritten. I did locate hundreds of other files I had previously trashed/deleted over time. Invisible/hidden files were present in the mix.
    Other than a very expensive alternative like DriveSavers recovery service, which may do the trick if the files are still there and not overwritten, you might be out of luck...
    I have never heard of a way to do this using Terminal and have searched here to see if I could find anything...
    Gary

• HT1766 iOS7 update help - recovery mode

Hello,
    I updated my iphone 4 today to iOS7.  I'm now in recovery mode.  When connected to itunes, it says I have to restart my phone.  I'm afraid to do this because it says I will lose my data....lose all my photos!!  Or am I too late, have I already lost my photos?  I'm a new iphone user and pretty upset that before installing the update it did not warn me to back up files, that they would be deleted.  Is there anyway I can back up my photos before I get out of recovery mode?  I had some very precious photos on my phone that mean a lot to me.  Thank you for you help.

Once the iPhone is in Recovery mode, personal data is lost, unless backed up in iTunes or iCloud.
    Did not mention which iPhone and iOS on it !

• Help: Recovery Image (restore)

I recently had to restore my Windows 8 system due to the repair cycle going into a loop.  I had the computer create a backup image on DVDs to restore later.  The computer said there would be 11 discs needed, but it only used 10.  I assumed this was some bug and did not think anything of it at the time.
    Once the system was up, I began installing the DVDs.  Discs 1-3 went perfectly.  When I entered Disc 4, it did not reconze it as Disc 4.  I looked and the computer read it as Disc 5.  I checked all my other discs, and none of them show as Disc 4.  The final disc shows as Disc 11.
    Without DIsc 4, the rest of the image cannot be restored by my system.  Does anyone know of a way to either trick the computer into renumbering the discs or a way I can read each WIM file individually and extract the informaion the long way?
    Thanks.

What is the make and model of your computer?
    Sounds like the recovery disk creation you made was sour and you may need to order HP recovery disks.
    Repeatedly tap the F11 key at boot to see if you can get into recovery manager to perform your factory restore.
    Please mark my post as SOLVED if it has resolved your problem. It helps others with similar situations.

• HELP: Recovery Discs questions

hello, i visited the a Best Buy branch today and was hoping to buy 2 laptops. I was speaking with a sales associate when he mentioned I'd need to buy a recovery discs to bring my system to its factory settings in the future if I wanted to. He said it was for $59.
    My questions:
    What is the recovery CD for? Say, if I don't purchase the CD, and then my PC crashes because of a virus and I want to reinstall Windows 7, I won't be able to without this CD? Would this mean that I'd have to buy a new microsoft windows 7 to install Windows again? Would I be able to buy one CD for both computers? 
    Sorry, I'm not that good with computers and hope someone could help.
    Thank you.

This is true onebadatitude, for some cases.  Mainly when you are looking at upgrading your HDD, or if you suspect the HDD may be going out and is still operable.  But if the drive is no longer operable and has to be replaced, or the OS is corrupted, or some virus has taken over the OS, then MigrateEasy won't quite cut it.  You should always have a set of recovery discs for your computer.  You can order them from the manufacturer (which most people won't do), or you can make them yourself if you know how (it's easy, but many people don't know how), or you can have Geek Squad burn them for you.  
    Whichever method you choose, make sure to get a set of those Recovery Discs.  Odds are you'll never need them, but I wear my seatbelt even though I don't expect to be in a car crash.
    I DO NOT work for Best Buy. I used to be a Geek Squad Agent for 2 years and this is why I am well versed on their policies and procedures, but I do not work for them anymore. My posts are my own opinions and do not represent any opinions of Best Buy. If you do not like my posts, and want to report me, you can do so by clicking this link and reporting me to the moderators.
    ---Nearly all virus infections are a result of a problem between chair and keyboard---

• Help, Recovery/Restore error For ipod touch 2g

Hi, im hoping someone can help my because I really dread sending it away.
    I've had my ipod for a total of seventeen days +(touch 2g 8gig),+ and yesterday when I plugged it into sync to the computer it was showing no music on it and about 4 gig of "other". After this, I disconnected it and checked on my ipod and I had seen that all my music was erased, and I couldnt find the 4 gig of other?
    Anywho, I decided to restore it to its original settings.
    Shortly into the restore I get an error message(14), and after I get this it booted into recovery mode and says I must restore before I can use it, but the problem is everytime I try to restore I get the same error message.
    I have tried all the steps on the support page for error codes and still nothing.
    I'd really like to resolve this and not have to send it away.
    Any help would be greatly appreaciated
    Thanks

FINALLY someone with the same problem as me. Exact same, and still unsolved...
    I got the iPod Touch 2g 8GB on the 27th of December and on the 25th of January, I plug it in to Sync more music, and it says I have approx. 4gb of 'other', then my music was all gone...
    I have tried update and restore ATLEAST 50 times by now and Soon, I'll give up hope and send it away. I even try the Shift+Restore method (I use XP) and get either error unknown (1) or error unknown (5) when i try it in DFU mode.
    I hope someone helps solve our, as I love the iPod Touch.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    P.S, I have NOT tried to jailbreak it.
    Message was edited by: YIFF666

• MSI (ALL IN ONE) MODEL 22XX CAN SOME PLEASE HELP, RECOVERY DISCS NEEDED

hi i just bought a MSI ea2260 006uk off somebody manual calls it a wind top series,
    but it has windows 8 installed instead of the windows 7
    so what it looks like has happened is the person who installed the windows 8
    firstly not made a set of recovery discs and 2, has formatted the hard drive before hand so recovery sector has been deleted
    and i dont seem to have much software on there to work all the AIO to its max
    like there is no tv tuner software etc... but i have the tv aerial
    there is also no dvd playing software and has blue ray drive etc etc etc.....
    is there any body out there with the same or similar machine that is prepared to burn me off a copy of their recovery discs
    that way i can get the machine back to how it should be
    as i want to use it as a full media station,
    i know that while booting up you should press f3 to get into the recovery menu but it just boots to windows
    f11 does allow me to change boot up sequence etc...
    i do have a disc with it but it only has drivers on it and no software etc....
    i also have the manual and the windows COA sticker with number is on the back on the machine
    so please please can somebody help me,
    i will be willing to pay for any discs and 
    i have tried eBay but to no avail
    even if your model isn't identical they still could work
    and if any of you aint backed up your discs, make sure you do cos if you hdd buggers then you buggered too...
    any help will be greatly appreciated
    there is an small mini Aeriel  socket on the back of the all in one touchscreen PC and an Aeriel was also supplied with it
    so im assuming there is a tv card in there as it has all the option extras in the manual like sata connection, hdmi, remote control etc....
    also if peeps can tell me what softaware is on their 22xx series one that may be a big help too
    many thanks scott 

Are you able to start in Recovery mode ?.   OS X: About OS X Recovery
    If so, then after the language choice screen, click Utilities at the top of the screen & choose Terminal.
    Once Terminal opens, type resetpassword  then press the enter key.
    Choose your user from the list & follow the prompts to create a new password. Then restart the computer normally.
    This won't allow you to update app store apps which the previous owner bought, but will let you install new software.
    Ideally, you'd erase the HD & reinstall OS X yourself : you may be able to do that from Internet Recovery, but may need original install DVDs,
    which Apple will usually supply for a small charge, if you call them with the serial number.
    Computers that can be upgraded to use OS X Internet Recovery

• Please help: Recovery Manager Error code during system recovery

The notebook is a HP Pavilion dv2000. When accessing Recovery manager after pressing F11 upon bootup and selecting System Recovery it comes up the the screen:
    Factory image recovery where is attempts to reformat the windows partition on the Hard drive and reinstall the original content
    Within a few seconds of the above mentioned it brings up an Error:
    ERROR 0X4001001300001002. If this issue continues contact HP Support.
    Rebooting it does not help.

There is nothing other than the power cord plugged in. I did run the diagnostic from the Recovery manager just on the Cwindows partition) and it came back fine. I'm currently running it from the cmos diagnostics to see if it gives me anything different, so far the quicktest came back fine. 

• HELP!! T61 (ID:7663D9​1) BIOS update Failed!

Please give me T61 7663D91 BIOS file,single flash file,think you!!
    Can I flash it with Programmers。
    救救我的小黑吧,我的小黑在刷BIOS时不慎中断,开机一阵急促的滴滴声之后,就没了动静,只好请朋友把B​IOS芯片取下来,用编程器强刷,然而官网却没有单独的适合我的小黑的BIOS文件,特请求帮助,我的小黑​是T61-7663D91。
    万分感谢!
    题外话:网络上的本本论坛无不虎视眈眈地希望我将小黑寄给他们修理

呵呵,娘家,您很幽默
    我查了查您的本本还在保修期,是港货。
    至于大陆没有任何信息,我就没头绪了。如果您要知道更多,请游览英文官网 http://www.lenovo.com/support. 我在这里找到您的本本信息的。
    Bios 和 主板,都很难说,我不是很technical,不是很清楚,但是据说是看情况,有些只需要用些技巧重刷,就​行了,有些情况却唯有更换主板。或许这里的老外能够帮帮忙。您可再问一问大众,英文翻译您的情况,或许有回​复。
    我们esupport team收到的版本也是.exe 而已,真对不起,我帮不了您。
    Cleo
    WW Social Media
    T61, T410, x240, Z500, Flex 14
    Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.
    Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
    If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
    Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
    How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.
    English Community   Deutsche Community   Comunidad en Español   Русскоязычное Сообщество

• HELP - Recovery disk needed but unavailable on this web site???

I need a recovery disk for my 
    P35-S6291
    where I had to replace the HDD due to failure.  Have original recovery cd but it does not work.
    Searched this site but the order screen says it is not available after verifying serial number and product number.
    What now???  Please help!!!

Cliptic619 wrote:
    Calling Toshiba Tech Support and Customer Support was useless... The answer I get is that recovery disk are handled by ACCLAIM and they cannot do anything... Just keep trying
    So I used Window 7 I bought for my other laptop to restore my computer and now I have an issue with not having a valid key for my laptop.... I called Microsoft tech support and they told me to delete Window 7 from my laptop...
    I take online classes and travel a lot due to my work. My laptop is my lifeline... Apparently no one at Toshiba or Microsoft give a crap about it... I being told to sit on my bottom with my thumb up you know where... Apparently this does not also qualify for me to take my laptop to authorize repair center... go figure...
    If Toshiba have written code to give an option to restore to factory default under system restore like HP Laptops I would have never be in this predicament...
    PS.... I have 3 months old A505-36992
    They do have an onboard recovery system similar to HP's.  If you had taken the time to read your User's Guide that came on your hard drive in Adobe Acrobat Format you would have known how to make your recovery disks as well as how to run the recovery process directly from the hard drive. All of that information begins on page 60.   Once you used the other Windows 7 disk to install Windows you lost the ability to do so.  Since you failed to do so the problem you are currently experiencing is self inflicted. 
    You can try downloading a Win 7 ISO from here and see if it will allow you ro use your product key from the bottom of the laptop.  It has worked for several people, but I don'g guarantee it. 
    If you don't post your COMPLETE model number it's very difficult to assist you. Please try to post in complete sentences with punctuation, capitals, and correct spelling. Toshiba does NOT provide any direct support in these forums. All support is User to User in their spare time.

Maybe you are looking for