HELP urgently needed: My Sandberg FireWire for Laptop will not start on my T60

Let me start with information on my T60:
OS information: Microsoft Windows XP
OS version: 5.10.2600   Service Pack 2
Processor: x86 Family 6 Model 14 Stepping 8
Memory: 3.135.856 kb
BIOS version: 2.09  (79ETC9WW)
Machine type-Model: 1951A47
I have just got a new Sandberg FireWire for Laptop, a PC Card with 3 6-pins connectiont. After inserting the card in the PC Card slot, the Windows Device Manager tells me that there are problems with the card. Looking at the 1394 Card Properties the status says:
"This device cannot start. (Code 10) - Click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooter for this device."
The troubleshooter did not solve my problem. I have tried disconnecting, re-connection, shut down Windows and start again etc.
At Sandberg Help Desk they tell me that I have two slots in my laptop, one with a 16 bits bus and another with a 32 bits slots, and I should use the latter. It seems that I can use the lower slide only in my laptop and I cannot push the card into the upper slide. There is not enough room for it.
Here is what I found on Lenovo's support site on my type & model:
 PC Card
Conforms to the PC Card Standard 95
Type II slot
Both the 16-bit Release 2.1 card standard and the 32-bit CardBus card are supported.
Have a look at these screen captures.
What should I do to solve my urgent problem!? 
Message Edited by pbl_ibm on 10-09-2008 05:10 AM
Message Edited by pbl_ibm on 10-09-2008 07:27 AM
Message Edited by pbl_ibm on 10-09-2008 07:45 AM
Message Edited by pbl_ibm on 10-09-2008 07:45 AM

garytr23 wrote:
Sounds to me like a driver configuration problem.  Maybe something bad happened during driver install.  I would recommend uninstalling the device from device manager by right clicking on it and hitting uninstall.  Reboot the computer.  Have a go at it again.  Also, test your pcmcia port functionality by finding and plugging in a different card.  See if that works.  It might need repair.
Message Edited by garytr23 on 10-09-2008 09:41 AM
The status right now is:
The PC Card reader works on my T60
If I use a Firewire PC Card it will not start - as described above (on T60)
The PC Card work properly on my T61P - and I succeeded importing a video file from a digital camera using the Fireswire PC Card.
So what does a wise man do in this situation??
Please help me as I urgently need to know how to solve this serious issue!! 
Have you got an idea? Can I import the video in another way??
Message Edited by perbuch on 10-12-2008 07:55 AM

Similar Messages

• HT4839 the  iPhone Configuration Utility 3.6/2.2 for Windows will not start up/load anymore.

Hello.
    the  iPhone Configuration Utility 3.6 for Windows will not start up/load anymore.
    It worked fine at first, then I tried to start it up today and I got an error:
    failed to create an ipc port access is denied
    Now there is no message at all. Just wont launch.
    I find NO support at Apple. I have seen about 20 other cries for help on these forums and no seems to have received any help for this. Does anyone know how to get this Utility working?
    I am using Windows XP SP3
    I have tried upgrdading to .NET 4 SP1 from .NET 3.5 SP1 and that didnt work so went back the other way and still no change.
    I tried completely uninstalling and deleting all references in Regedit and reinstalling from the start about 4 times.
    I tried completely uninstalling and then going back to an older version (2.2) and it doesn't work either.
    Unfortunately there is no help on Apply that I can find and trying to find an -actual email support for Apple software or products is a joke- (man, nothing is more aggravating when you need product help and the provider hides or completely does away with any way to contact them for help ro sends you on an hour long search for it...)
    I need to get this working as I am providing an easy iphone configure for my VPN service. Can anyone help?
    THanks!!
    Tres

Hello.
    the  iPhone Configuration Utility 3.6 for Windows will not start up/load anymore.
    It worked fine at first, then I tried to start it up today and I got an error:
    failed to create an ipc port access is denied
    Now there is no message at all. Just wont launch.
    I find NO support at Apple. I have seen about 20 other cries for help on these forums and no seems to have received any help for this. Does anyone know how to get this Utility working?
    I am using Windows XP SP3
    I have tried upgrdading to .NET 4 SP1 from .NET 3.5 SP1 and that didnt work so went back the other way and still no change.
    I tried completely uninstalling and deleting all references in Regedit and reinstalling from the start about 4 times.
    I tried completely uninstalling and then going back to an older version (2.2) and it doesn't work either.
    Unfortunately there is no help on Apply that I can find and trying to find an -actual email support for Apple software or products is a joke- (man, nothing is more aggravating when you need product help and the provider hides or completely does away with any way to contact them for help ro sends you on an hour long search for it...)
    I need to get this working as I am providing an easy iphone configure for my VPN service. Can anyone help?
    THanks!!
    Tres

• My laptop will not start - it's telling me that "the logon user interface dll csgina.dll fail to loa

My Laptop will not start - it's a 4 year PC and it's runing on XP.
    When I start I get this message" The Logon USer Interface DLL failed to load - Contact your administratoe to replace the DLL or restore the original".
    How do I fix so I can start my windows.
    Thanks,

Hello -
    Try this:
    - When you receive the error message that is described in the "Symptoms" section, click Restart.
    - Press F8 repeatedly as your computer begins to restart. This triggers the Windows Advanced Options menu.
    - Use the arrows on your keyboard to select Last Known Good Configuration, and then press ENTER.
    (Also, You can try Safe Mode and do a "System Restore" from there.)
    ***Last Resort, you will have to edit the registry and this may prevent your computer from booting***
    - boot your system and tap away at F8
    - Select Safe Mode
    - After Windows loads into safe mode.
    - Start >> Run >> “regedit” Press Enter.
    - Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon
    - Look for the GinaDLL Key
    - Select and delete this key and this key ONLY. DO NOT delete the entire Winlogon folder of keys.
    - Close Regedit with the RED "X"and reboot the machine
    ****Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.****
    ****Click the White Kudos star to say thanks****
    ****Please mark "Accept As Solution" if it solves your problem****

• Laptop will not  start just see spinning wheel

I was installing latest update of OSX and lost internet connection now laptop will not  start just see Apple logo and spinning wheel.  What to do?

Took it to the Apple store and they hit command r to restore from an restore disk and then ran disk utility to repair permissions and then installed the OS.  I did not loose any apps or files thank goodness.

• Laptop will not start t410

Hello , i have a t410 that i am having issues with ..
    when the laptop is shut down through windows completly it will not start at all . 
    i have read through some forum issues that where similar to mine but did not help..
    when i remove the cmos battery and after 20-30 seconds plug it back in , then the laptop  will start and work fine , but it asks to put date and time in BIOS .. 
    it will work for hours  , no problem , but once shut down , it will not start back up again until the cmos battery is taken out and put back in ..
    if i am in windows , and i choose to RESTART laptop , it will restart , but this problem only happens when i go to complete shut down .
    i hope i am making sense .
    Thanks in advance 

Hi Kalashalula,
    Welcome to Lenovo Community!
    As per the query we understood that you are facing issue with system not powering ON after shutting down on your ThinkPad T410.
    Please let me know have you performed power drain option?
    Which version of BIOS installed in your system?
    Best regards,
    Hemanth Kumar
    Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
    If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.
    Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

• My HP laptop will not start at all.

I have a HP G6000 laptop that will not start at all , i turn on the power and only see the blue light on , the screen is still black , minutes later my laptop restarts , but again with only the blue light on with the screen still black , anyone got any suggestions on how to resolve the problem , thanks.

found a solution ! , not pertinent though :
    1. turn laptop on
    2.hold the " FN " key and run your finger across all of the top keys ( F1 F2 ... )
    3. after a few seconds while doing this your laptop will turn on , worked for me

• Help! Updated my iPad iOS6, but it will not start!

I recently updated my iPad to the new software, but now it will not start, connect to my computer/iTunes, and will not turn on after a soft reset (top and home buttons). Please help!

FORCE IPAD INTO RECOVERY MODE
    1. Turn off iPad
    2. Turn on computer and launch iTunes (make sure you have the latest version of iTune)
    3. Plug USB cable into computer's USB port
    4. Hold Home button down and plug the other end of cable into docking port.
    DO NOT RELEASE BUTTON until you see picture of iTunes and plug
    5. Release Home button.
    ON COMPUTER
    6. iTunes has detected iPad in recovery mode. You must restore this iPad before it can be used with iTunes.
    7. Select "Restore iPad"...
    Note:
    1. Data will be lost if you do not have backup
    2. You must follow step 1 to step 4 VERY CLOSELY.
    3. Repeat the process if necessary.

• Laptop will not start

even after several attempts of the laptop trying to start and analyze itself. I have an HPG60 , s/n 2ce910cdyt with win vista.Any ideas on hw I can start it?

Hi,
    Shut down the notebook.  Tap away at the esc key as you start the notebook to enter the Start-up Menu.  Select the Bios option ( usually f10 ) and under the Advanced or Diagnostic tab you should find the facility to run tests on both the Hard Drive and Memory.  Post back with the details of any error messages.
    Regards,
    DP-K
    ****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
    ****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
    ****I don't work for HP****
    Microsoft MVP - Windows Experience

• Acrobat pro for windows will not start

My Acrobat Pro was working fine and as of a few days ago the program will not open
    I uninstall and reinstalled the program but to no avail

Hi Ljag,
    I am so sorry for the inconvenience caused.
    Please let me know the version of Acrobat along the the version of operating system installed on your computer in order to diagnose the issue correctly?
    Regards,
    Aadesh

• Satellite L505D-LS50​06 Toshiba Laptop will not start up

I own a Satellite L505D-LS5006 laptop from Toshiba. A few days ago, I attempted to start the computer up, but when I pushed the power button, it would look and sound like it is turning on, but wouldn't. The cooling fan runs and the disk I have in the drive spins but nothing appears on the monitor and the computer's amber colored light signaling something is loading does not light or blink. The wireless networking light also blinks and then stays off. When I called Toshiba's help line, the guy told me to remove the battery and press the power button for 10 seconds, replace the battery, and try it again. When that didn't work, he said to try it again but with only having the AC adapter plugged in, after that, both the battery and the AC adapter plugged in. None of that worked. I'm sure nothings wrong with the hard drive since I was working on it offline the very night before when I placed it on hibernation mode and then placed the computer back in it's bag. I also know I need to replace  the battery in it as the computer PC Health Monitor told me I have a "Poor" battery. Please help me with this situation, there are important things I have on this computer that I need.

I'm not a tech support agent, but it sure seems to me that it's time to arrange a repair. If you want to recover data first, you could try removing your hard drive and connecting it another PC before repairing the laptop.
    - Peter 
    - Peter

• Laptop will not start up?! (HP 550)

Hi my computer is about 4 or 3 years old, at one time the charger was in the computer and then the charger stopped working and it didnt work anymore, luckily I had another charger which worked for a few months but that also broke :/.. so I couldnt do anything about it so I left my laptop in the closet for about 6 months now and I decided to try and get it to work again, I did that hard reset thing (you know take out battery, hold down power button etc.) and when I insert the charger it goes goes blue light then white light and then blank, and when I press the power button the ac adapter light blinks 8 times? What could this mean?

I suggest that you consider purchasing another power adapter if you want to get the notebook working.
    Purchase one that is either the correct HP model or otherwise guaranteed to be compatible with your notebook.
    All power adapters are not the same. Do be aware that some produce AC voltage output and that is definitely not what your notebook needs.
    Do yourself a favor and do not use the PS/2 adapter as it is absolutely not meant to be used  with your HP notebook. 
    ****Please click on Accept As Solution if a suggestion solves your problem. It helps others facing the same problem to find a solution easily****
    2015 Microsoft MVP - Windows Experience Consumer

• My hp laptop will not start up the screen states primary battery (601) im running a dagnostic test

My screen states primary battery (601) I was on it last night. It just stop I couldn't even logoff and I can't get it to start up.

Try a hard reset, works sometimes.Disconnect all external devices first.
    1-remove power cord and battery
    2-press power button for 30 seconds
    3-reinstall only power cord for first startup.
    4-power on
    Btw- it may be a bad battery stopping it from booting. Leave it out and run with only power cord if needed until you can replace battery.
    ******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to say -Thanks!.******
    **Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others**

• Keyboard is not working and laptop will not start up

I have an HP 2000 Notebook PC which dropped and the inner screen cracked.  I had a family friend repair and was told the keyboard is no longer working and when you turn on it the black screen goes from "Diagnosing you PC" to "Preparing Automatic Repair"  CAN SOMEONE PLEASE ASSIST!!!!!!  I do not want to pay geek squad if I can fix on my own

If you already had a family friend try and he was not completely successful, then you need to have someone do it who really knows how. It is your choice of who that will be.
    You can download the diagnostic softpaq and install it to a usb flashdrive. Once it is on the flashdrive you can boot to it and then test the keyboard. That way you will know for sure if the keyboard is not working. Perhaps  the keyboard ribbon cable was damaged during the attempted repair. Ribbon cables are quite delicate. 
    We are here to help, but suggesting repair services is not part of what we do.. 
    ****Please click on Accept As Solution if a suggestion solves your problem. It helps others facing the same problem to find a solution easily****
    2015 Microsoft MVP - Windows Experience Consumer

• Itunes update required restart, now my laptop will not start up

So I downloaded Itunes 8.0 and when it finished it gave me a dialog box that said i had to restart to make the changes effective. I said OK, but instead of restarting my laptop, it shut it down. I have tried many times to start it up,and NOTHING is working. I called HP and they could not fix it and wanted me to ship it to them. They will do a system restore which will erase my 8000 songs and photos. Please help I am running Vista and there seem to be a lot of problems with this update.

It is a laptop, and the only thing it does is the lights flash on for maybe a second, and then it turns off. I managed to get it to turn on, but the screen was completely black and the keypad was unresponsive to all keystrokes... HP wants me to send it to them and they will do a system restore which will wipe out everything.... Very bad news for me.

• My Dell laptop will not start up

I have my older Dell laptop that shut down the other day and I thought the battery had just ran all the way out, plugged it in left it to charge and when I went back it would not power up at all. My son's new laptop had this issue and the tech support had me press and F key repeatly and I think either hold down the power button or press it and let go? I wanted to try this with my laptop but can not remember what F key or the trick with the power button. Help please, hoping it's not gone had current work and family pictures on it.
    Thanks

Dear sir I m using the Dell Laptop Inspiron N 5010
    My Laptop battery has got expired from last 6 months and i m not getting time to replace it.So I am using by simply plugging in power.Two days back i was forced to shut my system down but since then whenever i am trying to switch on the system it asks to starts windows normally or by repair. Whichever option i give to the system, it doesn't last more than 30-35 seconds and gets shut down. I have tried more than 50 times by all means.
    I tried all of the options as below but all in vain and the problem persists. Please suggest me any concrete solution apart from that given below as these all tactics I have tried
    I would suggest you to perform the following troubleshooting steps which may resolve the issue:
    1.Disconnect external peripherals like printers, to check if any of the external devices are causing the issue.
    2. Also, perform flea power on the laptop. Remove the AC adapter, battery and any external peripherals connected, now hold the power button down for 10 seconds to drain static power. Restart the system and check if issue is resolved.
    3. Check if hard drive gets detected in BIOS. To enter BIOS, shut down the system and keep tapping F2, on the Main screen of BIOS, you will see the status of the hard drive. If it is not detected, I would suggest you to reseat it. Refer to the link for removing and replacing hard drive: http://bit.ly/ZysMdy
    4. If the hard drive gets detected in BIOS, try to boot the system to Safe Mode. To boot the computer in Safe Mode, please switch on the computer and start tapping the F8 key which would take you to Advanced Boot Option screen. Using the up and down arrow key, select Safe Mode to boot the computer into Safe Mode.
    5. If you are not able to boot to the system in Safe Mode, perform clean boot. Click Start > type msconfig.exe in the Start Search and hit Enter. On the General tab, click Selective Startup, and click to clear the Load startup items check box. On the Services tab, click to select the Hide all Microsoft services check box, and click Disable all. Now restart the computer in normal mode and check.
    6. If you are not able to boot the system to Safe Mode, boot to Windows Recovery & try system restore outside windows environment. Refer to the link: http://dell.to/1137HoH
    7. The issue still remains run Start Up repair. I would suggest you to run Startup Repair using the Windows CD. Insert the Windows CD and shut down the system. Once you power on keep tapping F12 key to start from CD/DVD. Choose Repair your computer after Windows Loading files. Now select Startup Repair.

Maybe you are looking for

• SAP GUI Error - (GSS-APP DLL) on Windows Vista!

Hi All I am getting an error when setting up SAP GUI version 710 on Windows Vista. When I try to set up an snc logon i get the following message: Unable to load the  GSS-API DLL named 'sncgss32.dll' On Windows XP we have a GSSAPI32.DLL in the C drive

• Idoc to file scenario general query

Hi All, I know about the basic settings needed for the Idoc to file scenario. My query is related the idoc /ALE settings. I have a scenatio wrking in my system where we have configured the port for B type partner and also the port as XML-HTTP I can n

• Merging separate .aspx files within dreamweaver to do tasks?

http://media.bloomu.edu/watch/?id=4fa81566ec488 The part I need help with start at 1:08. This is for my final. I am completely stumped on how to go about this... I only know how to make separate .aspx files with separate links. Can anyone give me som

• IPhone 4 is fully charged but does not turn on

I've tried a hard reset by pressing and holding both the power button and the home button on numerous occasions for different durations, and nothing. I've tried to plug it back into an outlet, and nothing. I tried plugging into my Macbook and iTunes

• Alternate XP User: iTunes Install

Both I & the person I live with bought IPODs around 8 months ago. The Win XP (SP2) computer is configured for 2 accounts, & previous to the latest iTunes upgrade (6.02?) there's been no problems (Fast User switching has always been disabled), even af