Help with big desktop icons on t400

Wife has a Lenovo t400 that I put Win7 Pro on. Everything was fine, until we recently installed a game for the kids. This game runs in a window and at a lower resolution than the native resolution of the LCD panel, which is 1280x800.
The problem now is that all if the icons on the desktop are HUGE, maybe an inch square or more. I have gone into the display properites and changed around the resolutions and the text/icon size, saved, and then put it back to normal. Yet when I select "normal - 100%" for the text and icon size, all of the icons are blown up.
I also tried to download the latest display driver for the PC, but windows tells me the one I have it more current than the one I just downloaded (although I didn't look far enough yet to get driver version numbers). 
Any other ideas? 

Thanks Jamead1981 for your reply...
Bu unfortunately I've done entering the admin details for the prompt not once but many times when logged on as the user without the admin rights but the next time its launched again, it prompts again....
Arrgghhhh ...

Similar Messages

• Help with E61i "Desktop Icons"

Hi,
    I wanted to know how you can DELETE the Desktop Icons on an E61i. I know how to change them (Tools > Settings > Phone > etc...) but one can only replace the existing application by another. Am I missing something?
    Regards

Walter,
         It looks like I found the solution:
    https://cisco-support.hosted.jivesoftware.com/docs/DOC-13223
    Thanks for your initial help.
    Thiago

• On wake up the wrong desktop appears with no desktop icons.

Upon waking up computer, a different desktop appears with no icons.  I have to shut it down hard and reboot.  Doestn't happen all the time but most times it does.  Any suggestions on to resolve. 

Hi, I had a similar "intermittent" problem. Desktop picture was correct, but no desktop icons after waking up. I found by powering off/on the monitor, seemed to refresh the display and show the icons. However the problem no longer exists, but I haven't changed any settings. I know this probably doesn't help that much, but it may prevent you having to shut down and reboot. Alan.

• How can I run a Java-Application with a Desktop-Icon ?

Hello,
    I have got a problem: I want my Java-application directly by clicking on a desktop icon. Is there anybody who can tell me how to do so ? (I don't want to change my application into an exe File !!!).
    It would be nice if you could give me a detailed explanation (or a link to thus) because I'm not used to the Windows-Classpath System (...as far as I need this...I don't know).
    Thank you very much,
    Findus

Ok...in the syntax just postet I forgot to set the absolute path of the file...but eveb if I do so it does not work...here the variations I tried...
    D:\j2sdk1.4.1_01\bin>java D:\Viever\Gui
    Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: D:\Viever\Gui
    D:\j2sdk1.4.1_01\bin>java D:/Viewer/Gui
    Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: D:/Viewer/Gui
    D:\j2sdk1.4.1_01\bin>java D:\Viewer\Gui.class
    Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: D:\Viewer\Gui/class
    D:\j2sdk1.4.1_01\bin>java D:Viewer/Gui
    Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: D:Viewer/Gui

• Need Help with Java Desktop CP Icon

I just formatted and reinstalled Windows XP Home SP2 and installed the JRE 1.5.0.02. I usually see an icon in my Control Panel but it only appears in the Administrator's CP which I can reach in Safe Mode of course, but it would be easier to deal with if it appeared somewhere on my desktop/taskbar or CP (I am also an Admin). In Safe Mode I made sure that the right settings were made for displaying, but it doesn't.
    I know precious little about Java so I need help here.

This forum is dedicated to Sun's Java Desktop System, an alternative desktop operating environment. Try reposting here:
    http://forum.java.sun.com/forum.jspa?forumID=54

• Help with disabling close icon of last opened tab in JTabbedPane

Hello
    Would someone help me out ? I have 3 tabs opened in a JTabbedPane, each with close icon "X". I am looking for a way to tell my program: if the user closes 2 tabs and only 1 remain, disable the close icon "X" of the last opened tab so that the user is unable to close the last tab. I have searched the forum, most I have run into are how to create the close icon. Would someone give me some insight into how to go about doing this? or if you have come across a forum that discusses this, do please post the link. Also, I am using java 1.6.
    Thanks very much in advance

On each close, look how many tabs are remaining open in the JTabbedPane (getTabCount).
    If there is only one left, set its close button to invisible. Something like this:
    if (pane.getTabCount() == 1) {
        TabCloseButton tcb = (TabCloseButton) pane.getTabComponentAt(0);
        tcb.getBtClose().setVisible(false);
    }

• Help with dock, desktop, and safari reseting

For some reason the last time i shut my 20 inch imac down, it wouldnt shut off completely, so i held down the power button to shut it off. The next time i started up my dock, the desktop, and my safari settings all reset, does anyone have an idea of what could have happened?

Similar Problem with MacPro. Freeze up while logging out of non-admin account <force quit using power button <restart resulted in ano-admin account reconfigured and could not acces mail or reconfigure via Preferences (e.g., dock, desktop background, etc. The Administrator account was not effected.
    FIX that worked: after much fiddling appeared that Permissions was problem. So- went to Mac HD (startup volume) <users <non-admin account < reset permissions using [command] and set permissions (Ownership & Permissions < Details (for both Owner and Group) to allow read & write ppermissions. Now it appears all is well. For some reason the freeze-shutdown glitch had reset the Ownership & Permissions to "system" and "no access allowed".
    Hope this helps
    Take care and a safe Thanksgiving

• Help with specifiying an icon

Hello I'm working on my own Icon pack. Does any one know how nautilus knows how to display its own icon for ~/Desktop? I would really like to replicate this behavior for the ~/Music and ~/Documents folders. Can some one help me please?

Sorry for this guys but i managed to solve it by looking in the forum
    thx anyway for wanting to help

• Need help with folder / exclamation icon

my ipod has the folder icon on it. when i reset it it reappeared. i left it alone to charge like the support site said. nothing. reset it and then tried to put it in disk mode and now all that is on there is the apple logo. if i reset it, it just goes back to the folder icon. please help.

See these links:
    iPod Folder with Exclamation Point After Disconnected From Computer
    iPod Folder with Exclamation Point After Turned On
    Good Thread About iPod Sad icon/Folder with Exclamation Point
    I hope this helps!

• Seeking help with Big Bang XPower board, please.

Hi Guys,
    I'm a noob to upgrading computers and am hoping somebody can help me.  I have never overclocked anything before or changed BIOS settings.  However I just installed the Big Bang XPower Board, into my old Dell XPS 730x and added an Intel 980X chip running Win 7 64bit.  I have read about the BIOS settings on the MSI site but I am still not sure about some things.  I have listed my hardware below and am trying to figure out how to get the best performance out of my system.  I would like to know what other BIOS settings to change to get the most out of my 980X CPU and RAM without completely stressing my system.  I want to utilize this board and the components but I also don’t want it running at max non stop... so somewhere in the middle.  I’m in the USA if that matters as well.  If anybody could guide me as to what I what I should change in the BIOS for this id really appreciate it.  Here is what my system consists of: 
    5 HARD DRIVES:
    (1) SATA II WD 3gb Hard Drive @ 1.5TB
    (2) OCZ SATA II SSD drives @120GB:  http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820227543
    (2) Hitachi 6gb SATA III drives @2TB:  http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822145473
    3 DVD/CD/BLUERAY DRIVES:
    1 SATA DVD DRIVE
    1 SATA BlueRay Drive
    1 SATA CD Drive
    (So 8 SATA Devices Total)
    24GIGs of this ram:   http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820145321
    1 NVida Geforce GTX 470
    1 Soundblaster X-Fi Titanum Card
    I have all my hard drives on the SATA II ports as suggested by a forum member.  I have my Blurray on a SATA II port as well, and my other two disk drives on the SATA III ports.
    I do have the system up and running, its just not that fast, and I expected with this setup for it to be BLAZING.  Hence why Im looking to you guys.  I currently have the BIOS set to “failsafe” mode, b/c if I don’t when I turn the system on, it runs for 5 seconds, then reboots, the comes back on and loads windows... that seems odd… yet it doesn’t do it in failsafe mode or if the Genie button is pushed. 
    I also don’t want a RAID setup, just each drive acting alone.  Yet, the Maxell software still runs before Windows starts.  Is there a way to stop that since Im not using raid?
    Any info, advice, or a point in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.
    Best!

Hi guys,
    Ok, so I’m not really making any progress with this.   I haven’t done anything with the memory yet b/c I trying to solve the booting issue first.  Here is what I have tried, but nothing worked:
    Set BIOS to “optimal settings” which causes booting issue (turns on, then instantly turns off, then boots win 7 successfully).  I shut down and restarted 2 times, but both time I still had the booting issues.
    I disabled EuP 2013, and still had the booting issues.
    I disabled EuP 2013 and Spread Spectrum, but still had the booting issues.
    So I reloaded “failsafe settings” and it was fine.
    STARTING OVER I loaded “optimal settings” again, and disabled everything in the CPU Features menu except for Hyperthreading, Execute Bit Support and Intel Virtualization Technology.  This also did not solve the booting issues.
    I added the disabling of EuP 2013 to the above, and still had the booting issues.
    Then I added the disabling of the Spread Spectrum to the above, but still had the booting issues.
    So now I am back to the “failsafe” settings.  Could this be a hardware problem, or not since it works in failsafe mode.
    I also wanted to point out I only added they extra 3 stick of memory a week after I started having this problem.  So while there are 6 sticks of memory in now, I have had this booting issue since the first time I booted the new mobo, and for a week of only have 3 memory sticks.
    So any idea what I should do now?  It just seems odd that failsafe works, and turning OC Genie on to max it out works, but nothing in the middle. 
    I look forward to hearing back from you guys.
    Best,
    moxy
    P.s.  Dilburt you asked about the power supply im using previosuly.  Heres the info i got:  "The Dell 1000 watt power suplly 12 volt rails are rated at 18 amps each. That's why only 2 x 6 pin PCIE power connectors vs the 8 pin PCIE connectors."

• Help with adding an icon in a JTextPane

Hy guys,
    i have the following code:
    Document doc = DisplayArea.getDocument();
    String temp = s.substring(0, s.indexOf("Smile"));
             doc.insertString(doc.getLength(), temp , st);
             Style regular = chatArea.addStyle("regular", def);
             Style stl = chatArea.addStyle("icon", regular);
             StyleConstants.setIcon(stl, new ImageIcon("smile.gif"));
             doc.insertString(doc.getLength(), s , stl);
             temp = s.substring(s.indexOf("Smile")+1+"Smile".length(), s.length()) + "\n";
             doc.insertString(doc.getLength(), temp , st);The problme is that after it displays the image the second part of the text on the next line.
    Is there any way to make it be all in one line with the image in the middle ?
    Thx in advance

Sorry for this guys but i managed to solve it by looking in the forum
    thx anyway for wanting to help

• Help with java desktop!

Help!!! I need the java desktop download, but it seems the page is unavailable, and has been for 2 days now. I can get JRE1.3 from the achieves, but I don't think that supports applets from a browser, or Java Web Start??
    Could some kind sole please E-mail the file I need to:
    [email protected]
    I would be very grateful,
    Thanks Kris

you find the runtime by:
    - goto section "Download J2SE v 1.4.2_03"
    - goto column "JRE" (Java Runtime Envirionment)
    - press the link in the first row (32-bit/64-bit for Windows/Linux/Solaris SPARC
    32-bit for Solaris x86)
    at the given link (http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/download.html)
    - select the "accept" option in the license-agreement and press the continue button
    - download the JRE for your system (~14MB)
    have fun ;-)

• Help with menu and icon size in Muse app

The menu and icons in the muse cc app on my lptop are so small that it cant really be used. any help?

i have the 3200x1800 for the screen, the newest muse cc and windows os 64bit
    On Tue, Aug 12, 2014 at 5:50 PM, Varun Kalra <[email protected]>

• Help with the padlock icon during setup

I just plugged in new ipod for setup and after agreeing to contract, the next screen is showing a padlock icon and I cannot go any further.  What do I do?  HELP!

The songs are "greyed out" because you have the iPod set to transfer songs automatically. That is also why the padlock icon appears at the bottom of iTunes next to the space used/available.
    If you want the songs to be bold and selectable/editable, then you need to change to manually managing your songs.

• Need help with my photos icon

I have Ablum or Places covering my camera roll on my photos icon on my 3GS how do I get it off of there and back to notmal?

thank you!  I can't get it to work think I will just reset everything this all happened after I downloaded my pics to my computer I can still see the pic if I view thru camera icon but not my photos icon

Maybe you are looking for